Ouija

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wh-wha--- I..! I didn't not! That's not true! And-- And I'm not a chicken, I'm not scared! I'll play!" Greg huffed, His mouth set in a determined frown. It took him a moment to realize what he'd been turned around into saying. "... Ah, damnit, RayRay..." He huffed.

When Gabriel spoke up, however, his frown shifted into a mischievous grin. Well, if Gabby was scared, then that changed everything. "Aww, is Gabby afraid of a little hunk of wood~? That's adorable."

Yolanda silently walked over to the board and sat down, facing away from the group. She stared down at the board, picking up the plachette and examining it. It was smooth and cold; she found the board to be the same when she laid her hand on it.

Her back itched, skin feeling like it was crawling and alive with minuscule creatures. She ignored it, straightening her spine resolutely and glancing at Gabriel, not buying into his panic.

"Let's play." Yolanda said simply.

"Greg, you had a rough sixth grade year..." Jo rolled her eyes, a smile playing on her lips as she walked up into the doorway to take the second peak. She was about to continue her teasing/reminiscing, but a lightbulb clicked above her head. This was where all that stuffy air emitted from! "Rachel..." The blonde turned to stare at one of her dearest friends, "You cannot be serious. This stuff can be dangerous." She turned away, watching one of her bravest friends walk straight up to that 'hunk of wood'.

Not a moment after Yolanda sat down, Jolina followed, plopping her butt into the seat beside her. "I'm blowing smoke up my own ass. I'm in." This stuff was dangerous, but no way was she going to pass up an opportunity to witness the danger. "Come on. Aren't you boys supposed to be men? This is our chance to see if this is all real or not." A nimble, yet calloused, hand came towards the board and then shrank back to cower into it's owners front pockets once more.

Val waved at Zeke as he entered the house, not really reacting to the cigarette since she's used to people smoking. Most of the men in her family smoke so she got used to it at a young age. And, whenever she hangs out with her brothers and their friends, they tend to smoke a lot. She's tried to get most of her family members to stop, but they're just too stubborn. So, she kind of gave up on them. Val raised an eyebrow as her friends decided to guess the game Rachel wanted to play. She hopes that the game is Monopoly or some video game. She followed as Rachel motioned the group to the kitchen. She stood near the entrance.

Then, she felt as though her whole body froze up, her eyes widened as it stared at the board on the table. Her head shook as her voice increased, "I-I'm not playing. I can't, we can't. No, it's dangerous!"

"It's real! My cousin's friend in Romania played it, the thing wouldn't leave him alone since then! Scratches on his back, on his torso." She could clearly remember him when she visited her relatives. Her cousin's friend was visiting the same day and somehow, the both of them started talking about the paranormal and spiritual things. That's when he told her his story and showed her the scratches. But, her cousin just had to show up and claim that it isn't real and her friend was only scratched by a cat. Her friend kept claiming that it was the board's doing, Valeriya believed him. She became wary as she tried to reason with her friends, pointing to the board on the table, "You're inviting something unwanted if you play that thing."

Zeke couldn't take his eyes off the game. He knew exactly what it was and the potential damage it could cause. He was surprised that val knew what it was. He looked at Rachel with a cold look. "Rachel I want you to trust me when I tell you this is not a kids game. this thing should be destroyed. Jolina this isn't about being men. Its about knowing better than to start starting something that could end us all." He looked at val. He was waiting for her next move. If she would stay then he would as well. he pulled out his pocket book of protection prayers.

Rachel looked at the variety of people in the room, her big blue eyes widening. A small frown formed on her features once more, one that had been replaced with a smile just moments ago. "Don't be such babies. It's not real, it's really not. That's why it's sitting on the table and doing absolutely fucking nothing. So if you guys don't believe me, then you can sit out like the bunch of chicken shits you are, or we could play this game and end the rumors about it once and for all" She sighed, shaking her head. They couldn't be serious.

"eh, it can't hurt, i'm in" He smiled and stood up straight. he looked around at a few friends afraid of it. "Alright people, stop being afraid, nothing will happen if we do this, i have seen my cousins do this and nothing happened, so i'm with Rach, if you guys are chicken then you can walk out the door, that includes you Mr. Gregory. alright let's do this" He nodded to Rachel.

"Let's play." Yolanda repeated, a little firmer than she had before. She was unsure as to why, but she felt that they had to play. Something scratched at the back of her mind, demanding attention. Her back itched. They had to play. Yolanda smiled a little as she laid her hand against the cold board once again, scratching her nails lightly against the surface. They would play.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm not a chicken!" Val said, her face turning slightly red. Well, in the end, she was always the kind to give in to peer pressure. She contemplated whether to join in or just sit and watch. She glanced at every single one of her friend's face, she could feel her hands slightly trembling due to her nervousness. "I... I..."

She can always sit out if she wanted but she didn't want to be nicknamed a scaredy-cat or a coward just because she refused to play the board with her friends. Seeing that Zeke pulled out the book of protection prayers he always read, Val seemed at ease though she isn't one to believe in a God. She took in deep breaths to calm herself down, though she knew that the action she'll choose next will affect her fate. A couple of deep breaths later, she finally gave in to the peer pressure. She hated it though. She hated how she gave in to everything yet she knew she didn't have a choice because she didn't want to be seen as a coward. Glancing back to the group that was gathered around the table, she said, in a defeated tone, "F-fine. I'll play since you're all so eager. Don't say I didn't warn you about the dangers."

"Ohhh, nothin's gonna happen. We're just gonna talk to ourselves for a while. Then someone'll start pushing the thing and say it's a 'ghost.' It's not real, it's just a game to spook your friends." Greg huffed, snickering at the serious faces of the ones who seriously believed it to be dangerous. "You guys are just way too gullible, is all. C'mon, calm your pants and you'll all see. And my name isn't even Gregory, it's just Greg. You can't add letters for a nickname..."

Gabriel sat down at the table, distancing himself from Yolanda and pulling his hood up over his head. He didn't want to speak to half of them, especially Yolanda. She usually was so level headed; It surprised and angered him to see how idiotic and dense she was being. He sat near Val, looking at the board with a scowl. All he wanted to do was to play for Rachel's sake and then get the hell out of there. He didn't like the atmosphere of the house now that the damn board was there. He shivered, leaning against the table and shaking his head. "It isn't 'chicken shit' when you've seen and heard what can happen because of one of these. It's common sense, which half of you are lacking."

Yolanda looked at Gabriel and frowned slightly, her hands leaving the board. He seemed to be upset with her though she wasn't entirely sure as to why. Was it because she was so enthusiastically agreeing to play? She supposed that was the most logical answer. She shuffled over to him, her hands down in her lap, a gesture that she hoped would appease him. Yolanda reached out and touched his shoulder tentatively, as if worried that he would reject her. "Hey. We're just going to play for a little while. The second anything weird happens, we'll stop. I promise, Vlerke."

Vlerke was a nickname that she had given Gabriel, though she had never revealed the meaning. Whether it was due to embarrassment or something else, she only assured him that it was positive. It simply meant 'wings' in her native tongue, something she found suitable for a young man who shared his name with one of the archangels of God.

Gabriel smiled slightly, patting her hand. His eyes reflected worry and anxiety, though he kept a calm face. He nodded, sighing and leaning back. He looked to Rachel, his eyes narrowed with seriousness. "Okay, I'll play. But if it starts to get dangerous or something bad happens, I'm out of here. I definitely do not intend on bringing anything back home with me." He ran a hand through his hair and over his face, his bluish green eyes scanning the room. It wasn't like him to be this nervous; After all, he was the one to find his brother dead in the road. But at the same time, Gabriel studied viciously on subjects such as these. At one point he was very willing to do it to contact his brother. But after reading what could happen, he ultimately decided to throw the thought and idea away.

"Even Val is in, the only one left is Zeke, so are you in or you out, if your not then you can go home, but for the rest of us we are playing" He looked around at his friends. Honor didn't believe in that ghost bull, he saw a lot of those shows and movies because his mom used to watch them, he knew they were fake and never had another thought in mind. "Alright if pretty much everyone is playing, let's do this" He tapped his fingers on the table.

Zeke looked at all of them thinking that they were insane to do this, but val was staying and that was good enough for him. he hung up his coat and sat down next to val. "you know people tend to do this stuff at night."

Yolanda smiled at Gabriel's response and settled down beside him. It would be a bit of fun; something she hadn't had a chance to truly enjoy for a while due to her constant traveling. Traveling brought with it new experiences and cultures, but there was always a lingering feeling of homesickness and isolation.

She allowed her mind to wander as the sound of her friends chattering devolved into white noise.

----

"Yolanda, do you really think we should be doing this?" A frightened young girl looked upon a younger version of Yolanda with worry creasing the corner of her eyes.

"Alu, you have to relax. It's just a game." Yolanda, eight years old, smiled at the one friend she had managed to make.

Alu, a scrawny and dark haired girl of the same age, gave a hesitant nod. "Okay. Just a game." She picked up three pencils and held them loosely; she truly didn't want them in her hands at this moment.

Yolanda picked up three pencils in turn and held them out to Alu, who tentatively connected her pencils with those held out to form a square. She looked at the other girl and nodded. They began to chant:

"Charlie, Charlie, can we play?"
"Charlie, Charlie, can we play?"

Both girls repeated the chant twice before peering down at the square. There was no movement for what felt like eternity, but eventually the left side of the square gave a violent jerk inwards. Yes, they could play.

Alu made a small noise of fear but Yolanda just smiled. "Charlie, do you know us?"

A jerk inwards. Yes.
"Charlie, do you know how old we are?"
Another jerk. Yes.

Yolanda looked at Alu to ask a question but the girl shook her head feverishly. She scowled at the other girl's display and, irritated, demanded:

"Charlie, will Alu die soon?"
No movememt. And then... a jerk inwards so hard that the pencils nearly flew from the girl's hands.

Alu squeaked, tears already flowing from her eyes. Both girls jumped at the sudden sound of three definite knocks on the wall of Yolanda's home, more akin to a beating than a rap of the knuckles.

Yolanda's eyes widened and she hurriedly indicated to the near hysterical girl to end the game.

"Charlie, Charlie, can we stop?"
"Charlie, Charlie, can we stop?!"

A different movement this time. A jerk outwards. No, you can't stop. Yolanda and Alu both gaped and immediately dropped the pencils, disconnecting the square on impact. Alu took a stumbling step backwards and fled, ignoring Yolanda's shouts of apology.

She sighed and looked down at the scattered pencils. She didn't need to ask Charlie to know that she had just lost her only friend.

----
Yolanda shook herself from the memory; a heavy feeling of regret and sadness had settled at the bottom of her stomach. She grimaced and forced herself to focus on her friends of the present.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Jolina simply leaned back in her chair, watching her friends carefully until it seemed all of them were fixated on at least trying out the board. She wanted to smile, but there was a possibility this board was more trouble than it was worth. "Where did you get this anyway Rach?" Jo asked, her eyebrows crinkling with wonder as she searched for the redhead. There weren't many stores in Brick that would willingly sell such items. In fact, Jolina herself had to travel more than thirty miles into the next town to even find books pertaining to the paranormal and Ouija boards. Rachel definitely got lucky, wherever she found this thing.

Gabriel looked around at his friends, a soft sigh exiting his chest as he shook his head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gabriel, lighten up. I just wanted you to help me with this."

Gabriel had been arguing with his brother for over an hour about attempting to use dousing rods. Gavin had been holding the rods in his hand, his eyes focused on them as he looked to Gabriel. "Ask a question." Gabriel obliged, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh... Is anyone here?" The dousing rods quickly crossed, signaling 'yes'. Gavin laughed, excitement filling his eyes. "Ask something else!"

"Do you want to hurt us?"

The rods crossed again, and Gabriel's eyes widened. "Let's not play this anymore, Gavin. It's scaring me."

Gavin shook his head, sneering at Gabriel. "Shut up and just play. Nothing can hurt us."

"Fine. But if something happens I'll tell mom you did it." Gabriel knew this threat was mediocre and pointless. He looked down at the rods, frowning.

"Do you want to hurt both of us?"

The rods yet again swung away from each other.

Gavin looked to Gabriel, nodding. "Ask who."

"Would you like to hurt me?"

The rods crossed, answering the question with a yes.

Gabriel shook his head, backing away from the rods as the room suddenly got cold. "Uncross them, Gavin! I'm really scared! It really wants to hurt me!"

Gavin didn't have time to uncross them. One of the rods struck his face, cutting him deep across his cheek. That was the first time Gavin had to receive stitches. Gabriel could still hear the scream and the sound of the blood hitting the basement steps. He shivered, wrapping his arms tighter around himself as he came back to reality. Pain never ends, especially when you have memories.

Reactions: Kaz
Greg shook his head, still amused by how terrified his friends were acting of a board game. What was it gonna do, give them splinters? Even though, he, himself, was still hanging out at the doorway... Only because of the poor lighting in the next room. It was only dim, so it wasn't so dark that it was unbearable, and his friends being there made it slightly less uncomfortable, but... He was still reluctant. What if he did freak out, with all of his best friends there to witness it? God, he'd never live it down. He'd be a damn laughing stock.

He eventually decided he was just stressing himself out, and stepped into the room to sit at the table. He wouldn't freak out. There was dim lighting, and candles, and the sun was still bright outside... It wasn't dark. There was nothing to worry about. "Whatever, pussies. Sit down and let's get this started, already~" He taunted, grinning. "It's just a stupid game, but you all saw how excited RayRay was, so we should probably stop bashing it."

((I've only just thought about this-- Is it okay for characters to curse? There wasn't any rules about it, but Greg gets pretty vulgar, so I figured I should make sure.))

(Hope I'm not to late.) "You have to be kidding me...she is kidding...no...who is really going to show up to this bull-s*** anyway ?" Itzel got in his car and left the reservation getting the text lat from spending time with family. "B-There n 2 secods." He text as he drove over "She better have liquor....oh Rachel..."

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.