Ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Awwweh, am I gonna hurt the boards feelings? Oh the poor baby-- shame on me! Shame!" Greg replied in a mocking tone, then rolling his eyes. "You know, somehow I think it'll live. I really do."

Yolanda looked at Greg and rolled her eyes; it seemed that she was always rolling her eyes or scoffing in his presence. "Greg, shut up. I would suggest you kiss and make up with the board but I think it just likes you as a friend."

"Oh, I am not going to be friendzoned by a board!" Greg scoffed, looking absolutely offended. "This board is going to love me, dammit!" He added, then leaning over the table to kiss the object of everyone's fear. It was so tense in the room, he felt as though he would suffocate. At this point, he'd do anything to help lighten it up a little. Some laughter would do the group wonders.

Gabriel rolled his eyes in Greg's direction, shaking his head. "You're stupid, Greg." He looked down upon the board, shaking his head. "Twelve dollars is pretty cheap, Greg. Not all of us live like poor hobos." He laughed at his own comment, finding it funny to mock Greg in any way possible. It wasn't his fault; The boy got under his skin every chance he could. That's what ultimately drove Gabriel to regret ever hanging out with his group of friends. It's not that he didn't like Greg; He did, really. It was the opposite personalities of Greg and Gabriel. Plus, Greg sucked up to Rachel's every whim. It was annoying sometimes.

"Man, you guys are mean.." Greg replied, laughing lightly at his own expense. Though the pointed comments always hurt a lot more than he would ever let on, for some reason it was more upsetting than usual. In fact, the more he thought about it, the stronger the feeling felt. Like there was something pushing him deeper into a dark place. Swallowing, he shivered from the cold. "--Can... Can we just, y'know, get this over with?"

Zeke looked around at them he didn't hear a window shut and if it was a draft it would of most likely come from nearby. He looked down at the board. "well 12 bucks is a small price to pay for eternal damnation. so we might as well get our moneys worth. So its time to sack up or pack up. Lets open the door to the unknown."

Gabriel looked to the board, running his fingers over the planchette with a frown. It wasn't as if they board were dirty; It seemed in great condition. The mental aspect of what it was caused a shiver to run through his spine. He looked to the others, his eyes wide as he felt a cold breeze. This time, the windows were closed and there was no explanation. "I'm hungry. I want to go home and eat."

"Oh, don't go trying to run away, Gabby! God, you're such a scaredy-cat. Just sit and be quiet so we can get on with this, okay?" Greg snapped, now feeling angry. He didn't know why. No one had done anything to make him angry. He just did.

Gabriel scowled at Greg, looking him up and down. "I honestly don't know what your problem is, buddy. But it's best to not have that tone with me." He sat down, pulling out his phone and texting his friend Kally. She was a nice girl, though Gabriel didn't see her as anything but a friend.

----Sent text from Gabriel---
Hey, Kally. Was wondering if you'd like to go to the movies with me later?

---Received text from Kally---
Sure! What the hell are ya doin', buddy?

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, just catching up with some friends. Getting kind of pissed, though.

------Received text from Kally----

:O Why?

--------------------

Just a jerk is all. He's not worth the breath. See ya later

-------Received text from Kally-----

See you soon, bud!

Yolanda glanced between Gabriel and Greg with a frown. "Guys, calm down. We're all friends here, okay? Look, we're all here. Why don't we just forget about this and watch a movie or something?"

The atmosphere was becoming too tense for her liking, especially between Greg and Gabriel. The former was acting unusually aggressive while the latter was looking antsy.

She glanced over at Gabriel again and saw him texting someone; her heart sank a little. Yolanda wanted to spend more time with him, truthfully.

Gabriel glanced over at Yolanda, nodding and holding his hands up. "You're right. Sorry, guys." He looked to Yolanda, pulling out his keyboard on his phone and texting her.

Want to catch dinner tonight? I mean, you don't have to... But it'd be fun.

He sighed, smiling down at her and looking to Greg. "I apologize, Greg. Didn't mean to get so upset. I usually can deal with your jerk moments."

Yolanda felt her phone vibrate in her jeans pocket and fished it out after some difficulty; skinny jeans was by no means an exaggeration. She unlocked it and read the text before looking to Gabriel with a playful smile, indicating that her response would be meant lightly.

Sure. As long as you don't try anything - I'm a classy lady.

"I'm not having a 'jerk moment,' you guys are just being so annoying! I mean, Christ, the game's not going to bite your hand off. You all need to stop acting so god damn terrified of it." Greg continued, his expression twisted into a scowl, despite being unable to understand his own anger. He wanted to apologize for snapping at them, but at the same time he felt he had nothing to apologize for. "And, God, you two! Either stop flirting or start making out!"

(( Since we can't exactly start the game, yet, I'm just playing with the idea that entities can give people negative feelings. :I ))

Gabriel's phone vibrated, causing him to jump slightly as he looked down at the text. He smiled quickly, his eyes scanning the others in the room.

A classy lady, indeed. I'll be on my best behavior :)

He sent the message, looking to Rachel and the board simultaneously. "Let's get the show on the road."

He scowled at Greg, looking away. "Get your panties out of a bunch, Greg."

Yolanda glanced briefly at the text, smile still fixed before falling as she looked over at Greg with a mixture of concern, irritation and confusion evident on her face.

"Wat gaan aan*?" She muttered to herself. Yolanda liked to muse aloud but decided she'd like to do it somewhat privately by speaking her native tongue.

[*What's going on?]

"Go fuck yourself, Gabriel..." Greg huffed, leaning back in his chair and looking away from the group.

Gabriel stood, looking to the others and scowling at Greg. "When the game begins someone come get me. I'll be outside." He stood, walking out the door and sitting on the steps. He looked down at his phone, a picture of his brother as the wallpaper. He sighed, a tear rolling out of his eye and down his cheek. "God, Gavin... I miss you terribly. I can't believe it's been so long, yet you're still here. And you're never gone.. You leave my mind for a short moment, and then you're back. The memories are enough to last, though I feel.. partly empty. It's as if my other half died that day. It did, though. You're my other half." He rubbed his hand over the phone scream, looking through his contacts and texting Kally again.

Never mind. I made other plans.

---------Received Text---------

:) Are those plans with that girl you like?

---------------------

What girl? I have no idea what you're talking about.

-----Received Text----------

Oh, don't play coy with me. Have fun. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Yolanda glared at Greg. "What is wrong with you?" She questioned in a harsh tone before standing up. Casting one last disgusted look at Greg, she walked after Gabriel.

"Hey, vlerke. Are you alright?" Yolanda asked as she stepped outside, closing the door behind them. "I don't know what's wrong with Greg but you shouldn't let him get to you."

Gabriel had risen his head, surprise to see Yolanda outside. He wiped the tear away, nodding and scooting over for her to sit down. "Uh.. Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. I just don't see why he's so harsh with me. It doesn't help that I keep thinking about my brother right now." He sighed, holding his phone up and showing her the wallpaper. "This was taken the day he died, Yolanda. I was right there, too.. I was right there when he got hit. It's stuck in my mind; I'm not sure it'll ever go away." He hugged her tightly, nuzzling his head into her neck. "Thanks for always being there."

Yolanda sat down beside Gabriel and nodded solemnly as he spoke, her expression sympathetic. She looked at the wallpaper and felt a pang of empathy; what must it be like to lose a relative? She didn't even want to try to imagine it.

Yolanda was a little surprised when he suddenly hugged her but didn't protest. Instead she just stroked his hair softly.

"It wasn't your fault," She murmured. "He would be proud of the person you are today."

Status
Not open for further replies.