Ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachel practically squealed when the last person arrived, but then immediately frowned when she saw the cigarette. Grumbling, she took the cigarette from his mouth and looked at him with slight malice. "No no no Mr! You are not allowed to smoke in my house, you shouldn't be smoking at all. It's like super duper bad for you" She softly smiles, trying to reassure him that she was indeed just looking out for his safety. She sighed, before looking at each of her friends with a bright smile etched across her face.

"So guys...guess what I got?"

"Guess? Pff, aweh come on. Wake us up, drag us over here, take away Ezekiel's morning cigarette, potentially turning him into a grumpy butt, then tell us to guess? I swear, you'd do well as a professional dominatrix, or some shit. A very... Bubbly dominatrix... Is it.... Candyland?" Greg guessed, grinning as he made himself comfortable on the couch. "If so, I call the blue piece." He joked. "Better not be Candyland."

Gabriel watched as Yolanda and the others walked in, each one by one. He frowned as Zeke entered with a cigarette, shaking his head. He waved to everyone except Greg, whom he elbowed in the side. "Someday, I'm going to find a really embarrassing name for you. Then we will see who's laughing." He smiled though, implying that this was meant as a harmless joke. He watched Yolanda quietly, remembering how much he used to crush on her. It wasn't that he was a bad looking guy.. He was just painfully awkward.

Yolanda pushed herself from the doorway and into the room, looking at each of her friends in turn. She, of course, liked them all but was particularly partial to the awkward Gabriel. All downcast glances and mumbled words, she found him to be endearing.

She took a seat on the arm of the couch, crossing her legs and removing her jacket, casting it to the side without much thought. Stretching her arms up above her head with two loud cracking sounds, she turned her attention to Rachel.

"I was never very good at guessing." Yolanda stated good naturedly. She scratched absentmindedly at the back of her shoulder where she knew a tattooed demon to be, a part of her elaborate tattoo.

Jolina chuckled light at the entire scene. Rachel was looking out for everyone it seemed. Actually, she seemed to be the glue that held them all together. They were all miles apart in personality and would never be caught dead spending time together if not for Rachel. Jo nodded a bit, very proud of how far her and her friends had come.

She then glanced around, noticing that everyone was beginning to get comfortable, but she did not join them. Instead she found a nearby wall (one where she was close enough to hear and see all of her friends) and let her shoulder lean against the cool paint. "I call green piece if it is Candyland!" she pointed out, just in case Zeke was right, it would be a shame to lose her favorite colored piece.

Fixing his position on the couch, Gabriel leaned on his elbows and tapped a finger to his chin. "You got your crazy meds?" He laughed, quietly shutting up and looking over at Yolanda. She had moved to the arm of the couch, talking to Rachel. He sighed, shaking his head and quickly thinking of an excuse to leave home. A dense, uncomfortable feeling was in the air, and it rubbed Gabriel the wrong way. He licked his lips nervously, eyeing a dark hallway off to the side of the living room. Something didn't feel right.

"Damn, Gabby, calm down. You look like you're about to have a panic attack, man." Greg commented, eying Gabriel curiously, then looking off in the direction the other seemed to be staring. "What, are you seeing things, now?" He teased, grinning and nudging the other with his foot. "Seriously, man, relax..."

Yolanda turned her attention back to Gabriel, who looked even more uncomfortable than usual. She frowned at him, concern etched on her face. She knew him to be shy, but not one to look so distressed.

She cast a glance at Greg, her frown twisting into a scowl at his behavior. "Greg, don't be such a fucking idiot." Her accent distorted the insult, turning it into 'fokken idioot'.

"I'm not bein' a 'fokken idioot', Yoyo, I'm just being me~" Greg retorted, his grin only parting for a moment as he stuck his tongue out at Yolanda. "And personally, I think I'm absolutely charming, and ain't no one gonna tell me otherwise." He joked, his rambling fading out as he glanced back to where Gabriel had been looking. He wasn't sure, why. Shaking his head, he turned back to the others, putting on his most innocent smile. It wasn't very innocent.

She frowned and hit Greg lightly. "No you big goofy, dum-dum pop!" She scanned the room of people before her smile became even brighter then most would prove to be possible. "So.." She motioned for them to follow her into the kitchen, where she had everything set up for them to play this cool new game. "You won't believe what I found~ Prepare to be amazed"

Gabriel smiled at Yolanda, his unspoken 'thanks' evident on his face. "Greg.. You're so unoriginal." He stood, following Rachel into the kitchen and standing near the stove. As much as he had read paranormal books, it was never a good thing to feel uneasy in a house that is usually comfortable. He shook it off thought, replacing the sudden frown with a smile. He checked his phone, looking over at Rachel with a suspicious expression. "If this isn't amazing, I'm going to punch a panda." He rolled his eyes, pulling out a piece of gum from his pocket and sticking it in his mouth. Yum. Minty.

Greg hopped off the couch and followed the others, looking around curiously for the object of interest. At Gabriel's comment regarding pandas, he gasped, looking towards the other in mock-disgust. "Gabby! What did the pandas ever do to you? If anything, you should wanting to punch that bird that shit on you, not the defenseless panda! But enough of that-- C'mon, Rachel, where is it?"

Yolanda glared at Greg, clearly displeased with the nickname she had been given. Remaining silent, she stood and followed Rachel to the kitchen, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

Amazed? She doubted that she would be. She was a difficult woman to impress.

Reactions: Kaz
Gabriel looked around his shoulders, finding no bird 'shit' and scowling at Greg. "Knock it off, Greg. You're more obnoxious than I remember." He sat down at the table, turning away from Greg and sighing. Greg had known Gabriel for quite a long time, though they never were close friends. If it weren't for Rachel and Yolanda, Gabriel wouldn't see himself ever becoming friends with Greg. Some days it seemed easier for Gabriel to just go with all of the crap instead of defending himself. "My nickname is Gabe. I'd like to be called that or Gabriel, not Gabby." He folded his arms over his chest, looking down at the table.

Reactions: Kaz
"Jeez isn't this house just a bowl full of laughter..." Jolina mumbled to herself as she pushed her body of the comfy wall and followed everyone else into the kitchen. She found a nice space (perfect for simply watching everyone) and shoved her hands into her front jean pockets. Maybe it was just her imagination, but suddenly Jo find herself looking suspiciously around the room. There was something in the air, but the blonde just couldn't quite place what it may have been. Love tension? She was aware of the few crushes and triangles that went on in their group... That wasn't it though. There was something more and it made her face scrunch up awkwardly. It probably looked like she sucked a lemon dry.

After a moment she pulled her hand out of her pocket and made an impatient gesture, "Could we just hurry this along please? The suspense is giving me the heebie-jeebies." The last part came out a bit hushed. Jolina wasn't known for being scared or creeped out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honor stood next to the group, he noticed that Joline sat at the wall."Why you got to be a grouch, get over here and sit with us" He chuckled and looked back at Rachel. "Alright come on, you know i am not the patient type" He put his his hand in his right pocket."If you don't tell me soon then i might fall asleep, i usually don't get up this early for no reason" He then looked at his friend with the cigarette. "Yeah, smoking's back m'kay" Doing his best Mr. Mackey impression.

"Alright since you guys are whiners" She giggled softly, opening the door to the area where they would be playing the game. A glass fixture hung from the ceiling, depicting flowers and birds of sorts, it had always been her favorite room in the house. A mauve carpet sat under the marble table and in the middle of the marble table was the old board, along with a couple of lit candles each producing an ominous glow in the dim lighting of the room.

"Here it is" She motioned towards the table, a wicked yet excited smile playing on her face. "Pretty cool huh?"

Greg grinned, bounding in front of the others to get the first look at the mystery game. He immediately halted at the door as he realized how poorly lit the connecting room was. "Aweh, seriously? Oh my hell, RayRay, that's so lame." Greg teased as he noticed the board on the table. "You woke us all up so that we could come sit around a wooden board and talk to ourselves? I think I might've actually preferred Candyland." He snorted, shaking his head and backing away from the doorway to let the others by. "You do know that stuff's not real, right? I'll watch and make fun of you all, but I'll pass on making a fool of myself."

Her smile was immediately replaced with a frown. "Greg, you have to play! Just because it might be a bunch of fake shit, doesn't mean it won't be fun. Maybe it will end up being real and you get to pee your pants like you did when we were in..was it sixth grade?" She teased, a causal smile playing at her lips. "But everyone who came has to play, and if you don't..your a big chicken"

Gabriel got up from the table, backing away and shaking his head. "Nope. No way, Rachel. I'm not playing this 'game'. Those things are said to be highly dangerous. I'm not a believer, but I'm definitely superstitious. And that's not something to play around with." He stepped back, leaning his head against the kitchen wall and glancing at the others. "You guys are insane if you touch that thing. I once heard that a woman was messing with a board with her husband and some friends. Next thing you know, the police keep getting calls from her house. She claimed something was after them and it wasn't safe. The police give it a couple days, but the calls suddenly stop. So they go investigate. When they entered the house, everyone there was dead. Dead as a door nail. I don't trust these things."

Status
Not open for further replies.