Ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yolanda's smile grew at Gabriel's gesture and looked away before sitting down beside him. She leaned over so that she was whispering in his ear. "Are we still going to go on that dinner date?"

Gabriel grinned, leaning closer to Yolanda and nodding. "Of course, gorgeous." He loved the way her voice rang in his ear. He looked over at the others, noticing the way the conversation had grown quiet and stale. He disliked this; It wasn't something he was used to. He sighed, pulling closer to Yolanda and looking around.

Yolanda glanced away, abashed before returning her gaze and smiling at Gabriel. She then leaned against his shoulder, sighing in a content manner. Despite how the night had started out and was currently going, it had been worth it for her.

Gabriel smiled, pulling out his phone and texting his mom.

[Gabriel] Hey, mom. I'm not sure what we're going to do here. But I'm going out later to dinner with Yolanda. So don't make extra.

[Mom] Ooooh. Isn't that the pretty one with the accent? You know.. The one who hardly ever comes around? I want to meet her soon dear!

Gabriel glanced around, a faint blush on his cheeks.

[Gabriel] Yes, mom.. It is. Please, don't embarrass me. I'll bring her over later to hang out before we go to dinner. I have money on me; Don't worry.

[Mom] You better be on your best behavior, dear.

[Gabriel] I promise. Love you.

Yolanda glanced at Gabriel's phone, catching a brief snippet of the conversation and chuckling quietly. "Was that your mum?" She asked in a playful tone.

Gabriel chuckled, nodding. "Y-Yeah.. Uh.. She wants to meet you, actually. She's met everyone else except you. Even Greg, who she can't stand.." He smiled, looking down at his phone and pushing it back in his pocket. "I told her we could hang at my house after dinner. What do you think?"

Yolanda nodded with a clearly pleased look on her face. "Of course. As long as you haven't told her how awesome I am," She grinned. "Performance pressure and all."

Gabriel laughed quietly, his shy exterior shrouding his true feelings. "She just loves to meet girls that I like, I guess.. I-I mean.. If you'd like me to like you.." He wondered if this statement was understandable. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I like you.. But I don't want to like you and you not be okay with it."

Yolanda sat up properly and looked Gabriel in the eye. She didn't reply to his nervous sputtering but simply gave him a short kiss on the cheek as an answer.

Gabriel blushed and smiled, the grin spreading ear to ear. He chuckled, wrapping an arm around Yolanda and sighing happily. Things were starting to look up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.