Ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel shook his head, pulling away to look at her. "No, you don't understand. That was my twin. He knew everything about me, Yolanda. He... He yelled for my help when he got hit. I went to help him and he died in my arms. That was my other half. Now he's gone." He felt the pain creep up his chest and into his heart. For years he had kept all of the pain inside himself; Not once before had he talked about his brother. He missed him terribly, and he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. "Half of me died with him. We were each other's half."

Yolanda took his hand, gripping it firmly. "Listen to me, Gabriel. It wasn't your fault. Bad things happen - terrible things. And we can't control them. That was one of those things."

She looked him in the eye, dark eyes narrowed seriously. "You can't keep blaming yourself - if you do, you'll become a shell of yourself and waste all the potential you have. Would your brother want that? His half, wasting away?"

Yolanda shook her head and gave his hand a squeeze to help emphasize her point. "Would he?" She prompted.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Gabriel shook his head, looking down at the picture. "I guess not.. I just wish I knew what he wanted of me." He looked up into her eyes, a frown on his face. "When I was younger, my brother and I played with these stupid dousing rods. They're supposed to contact spirits. But something went wrong. The rods said that it wanted to kill me. So I told him to stop the game. And then the rods came up and hit him in the face and cut him. He didn't do it either. It.. It scared me. That's why I don't want to play with that board."

Yolanda grimaced a little at Gabriel's words and looked away, reminded of her own experience with the unknown. She was silent for a long time, seemingly lost in her own thoughts, before turning back towards her friend.

"You don't have to play. Rachel would understand." Yolanda murmured. She realised she still held Gabriel's hand and swiftly let go, embarrassment warming her cheeks.

Gabriel shook his head, looking down at his hand as Yolanda let go. "No, it's okay. I said I would play. Plus, it's more time to spend with you and the others. Except for Greg, of course." He smiled, standing and grabbing Yolanda's hand. He stood there admiring the feel of it; Her smooth skin felt amazing and oddly comforting. He came back to reality, his eyes wide. "Uh... Sorry." He helped her up, looking to the door. "Hopefully Greg has calmed down."

Yolanda smiled a little and shrugged in a what she hoped was a nonchalant fashion. "It's okay, vlerke," She stood up with his assistance and followed his gaze to the door.

"I hope so. He's acting very strangely."

Gabriel nodded, gazing at the door as if it were the devil. "I wonder what has gotten into him. Usually he's teasing with everyone. It's not like him to be like this." He looked to the street, which had a warm sense compared to the house. "Is it just me, or does it seem very dark around the house? Like there's a dark aura compared to the outside." He shrugged, running a hand through his brownish-black hair. "Maybe it's just my anxiety getting to me."

Yolanda was silent as she considered his words. Finally, she nodded slowly.

"Die duiwel is hier.*" She murmured without thinking, a shiver coiling itself up her spine. She couldn't deny Gabriel's words; the place did seem darker.

[* The devil is here]

Zeke didn't really pay much attention to the others. He felt something was off, but he didn't want his paranoia to get the best of him. He looked over to val. "So you really want to play this."

Still staring at the bored, Val shrugged, a slight frown creeping onto her face. She didn't know if it's a good idea to play or not, flashbacks of the day the her cousin's friend showed her his scars kept flooding her thoughts, especially what he told her. She shook her head before looking at Zeke, "I... I'm not sure if I want to... or not."

She knows that if she doesn't play, she'd either be called a coward or a chicken. She didn't want to be called either of them. "I-I don't know whether it'll be safe." she mumbled, her lips quivered at the thought of something bad that might happen if they decided to play.

Zeke saw that val still had some fear about playing the game. Not that could blame her. He was a little scared as wee, but he did his best to hide it. He took out his pocket book that he read that was filler with protection prayers and spells from different religions. He handed it to val. "Here. It has knowledge that can protect you from any spirit. I've memorized mostnof them so it's ok. We may not even see a ghost, but you can have it just in case."

Val took the book from Zeke, flipping through the pages before glancing towards him and giving him a soft smile, "Thank you." She looked to the board then to Rachel and the rest, she knew she couldn't change anyone's mind on the last minute, she would if she could but she can't. She sighed softly, noticing Yolanda and Gabriel left the table. "Guys," she added, looking towards Rachel since she was the one who invited them to play, "are we playing... or what? I don't think it's good leaving the board here out in the open and we're not using it."

She waited for a response though she got impatient and nudged Zeke, "Let's go find Yolanda and Gabe or something... I've been getting cold chills since I sat down." Without waiting for a response, she dragged him out of the kitchen.

"You guys are just being wee little babies! Come on Val, there is nothing wrong with the damn piece of wood. It's not like the thing is actually going to cause severe harm to your organs" She chuckled simply rolling her eyes. "Gabe, Yolanda, get your asses in here so we can get this game on the road. I don't want to have to wait all damn day for you to make your decision. Might as well play it before dark, it won't be as spooky." She sighed deeply. "If you don't get them tushes in here in five minutes we are starting the game without you~"

Zeke looked at val. He couldn't help but blush. He kinda liked seeing her take charge. He wasn't the best with showing his feelings. Especially to val about how he felt about her. He smiled at her. "So... you wanted to talk I guess."

Still dragging Zeke out of the kitchen, Val led him to the living room, away their friends' sight. "I... just wanted to get out of there.. I felt really uneasy with that board out in the open." she answered, not noticing Zeke's blush. She let go of the grip she had on him, thinking it might have made Zeke feel uncomfortable. She glanced to the side, already feeling embarrassed.

"I..." she was about to continue till she felt a cold breeze go through her. She shivered, rubbing her arms for warmth as she stood closer to Zeke. Her eyes were filled with fear, knowing that something might be in the house. "I'm scared, I'm not gonna play it." she muttered softly so that only Zeke would be able to hear her.

Zeke looked at val. He could teplay that she was scared. He couldn't blame her. He gave her his best smile. "Hey. It's ok. There is nothing to be afraid of. Look if anything weird happens we will just leave. No big deal. Besides you've got me. I promise to protect you from anything." He gave her a hug.

Gabriel entered the house again, pulling Yolanda to her feet and smiling at her. "Let's go." He rolled his eyes as he walked into the kitchen, smiling and avoiding Greg. For a brief moment it felt as if he hated Greg. He felt as if he hated Greg with every fiber of his body. He shook the feeling away, looking down at his hands. He decided to try and say a prayer. He began, though he felt as if he was being choked. His puzzled eyes flitted around, his lungs gasping for air. He sputtered for a moment, noticing that the feeling was now gone. He summed it up to his fear of the board and nothing else.

Greg watched as Gabriel and Yolanda returned, then looking away and sitting in silence for a few moments longer before speaking. "Hey, uh... I'm sorry 'bout earlier.. Dunno what that was about..." He mumbled awkwardly, obviously ashamed of his earlier behavior, but embarrassed to admit it. "We're still good, right?" He continued, looking worried. He still wasn't sure why he had been so angry, but now that the feeling was gone, he just hoped it hadn't cost him a friend.

Yolanda held onto Gabriel's arm, partly to reassure him and partly to keep herself grounded. She looked over at Greg with a small smile. It was a rarity to see him apologise, even weakly, and she knew him to be genuinely sorry.

Yolanda returned her attention to Gabriel and nudged him slightly, encouraging him to accept Greg's apology.

Gabriel nodded, sitting down. "Fine. Just.. Let's get this over with so I can get out of here. This place is giving me the creeps." He looked to everyone, watching the way two of his friends were talking among themselves. He sighed, smiling at Yolanda and winking. He really liked her; He wasn't sure if it were because of how smart or wise she was; Maybe he just liked her because she actually saw and showed him attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.