Open Signup/OOC: Ten Years After The World Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhodesville.png

Revised Rhodesville

Final approval and changes (or even new map) to be made by Literati. But this is my humble submission.

Reactions: Xan
Reading back, the bar was supposed to be in center of town:

Rhodesville.png

Gon - I've an idea. Guys, feel free to weigh in on this - this is just something I've thought of right now.
Going back to what I've said in my earlier post, I like how structures seem to be popping up every time a new player joins us. That being said,
I think it would be better to keep the maps - how do I say this - open? clean? - until a character adds to it.

Rhodesville, for example, will have:

1. Wild West Bar - as that's what Bruce/Literati mentioned.
2. Pawnshop - a little further away from Wild West since Brandon/Hunter would probably have mentioned the bar if it were anywhere close to the pawnshop.
3. A house (probably near the hills) - Brandon's next destination? Possibly? He mentions it's in Rhodesville. Just not sure exactly where.

Other than these three, we could leave it open for other people to create. Whatchaguys think?

Reactions: Jade
I understand what you mean.

I do think, however, in the interest of creating flushed out maps and locations, the creators of such locations (such as Literati) should contact me and let me know how they envision it's layout (or even make a map of their own if they want to).

I added the other stuff to Rhodesville because I figured a wall, a stable, some residences and a lookout tower would be par the course.

If we just leave it all up to being said IC, I could see most towns just being a collection of buildings, perhaps without the thought that would actually go into the planning of a settlement.

I don't want to step on any ones toes or mess with anyone's vision for a location, I just think once we set up a major location like a town, it's layout should be discussed. I think it will make a much more lively world, as well as keep us all on the same page.

So yeah, I'm your humble servant guys, haha, just let me know how you want a place to look, and i'll work really hard to bring it to life.

Last edited:
Rhodesville Version 3.png

Oh, also, correct me if i'm wrong, but Brandon's "house made of solid wood" sounds like Emma's Cabin to me.

That's what I was thinking as well. Haha. Although, we could be wrong. We could also say Rhodesville used to be a huge area.

Anyway, I sent everyone a link to the OOC - at least, those who haven't posted in here. :}
I sometimes forget to watch the OOC thread of an RP.

"We could also say Rhodesville used to be a huge area."

Yeah, like a pre-apocalypse town or something, that would be cool.

Last edited:
Just saw the banner. :)

We have a good little group of dedicated Rp'rs. (Is excitedly waiting for more people to reply) I'm on the map people, just so you know, jackson I think.
It's a really cool twist on Rping, I love this idea, I think it really works haha.

Hey Kitty! :} Glad to see another female character! With Emma hiding in her cabin, I think it won't take long before the guys blow everything to hell and back haha.

I'm excited! I love action :P. And this little troublemaker is soon to get into the fun as soon as she's nourished! Haha, and if my character goes out, she'll go out with the biggest bang you ever heard!

Reactions: Xan
Don't mind me, I'm just a bit shellshocked at the moment with how to deal with another user, Dragonixa. If you haven't seen his posts yet, he's the one-line wonder with zero punctuation and a grim determination to blatantly disregard the laws of reality to get his motorcycle back. And I'm thinking he's about to get shot (perhaps fatally) for it. At that point, doing anything else to keep himself alive is practically asking to get himself kicked out.

It WOULD be a winning situation for us, but someone's still losing, and I have a feeling he won't be losing respectfully and without a fight. I already spared him once for not posting when he was clearly online, and now that he's done something it's the wrong kind of thing (technically godmodding, here). Honestly, I feel like I'd just be fighting fire with fire if I rolled with it, but if we let HIM roll with it then he's going to kill someone, no questions asked.

What do you think?

• Love
Well that's no fun, but you can always kind of ignore it if it gets too bad, don't let it ruin your fun! I love seeing your RP's because your a great RP'r. So don't let it get in the way, please. :) Everyone learns at different paces, and instead of being mean you should show him kindness and ask him to use the classes here to help him learn to RP. <3

Just double checking - on Phelan and Joe.

From what I've read, Joe hasn't introduced himself yet so Phelan won't have a way of knowing his name.

I just reread dragon's stuff and I think it's safe to say you could also ignore him? Is that alright or do you have to post to everyone Xan?

Btw, Pi - I already messaged Dragonixa. I asked him to check on the OOC and asked him to at least post a paragraph. Also modified the rules stating one liners aren't allowed. Everyone's making an effort with their posts and it would be a shame if the RP got stalled again.

Kitty, no need to reply to everyone's post in IC - unless of course their character is interacting with your character. :}

Ignoring's fine up to a certain point, and I think most of us do that the first time around. However, if it starts to get in the way by stalling the RP and ruining it for everyone else, then actions will be taken.

I was just saying that's an option, that's all... I dont mean to be rude or anything Pi. Sorry.

@Xan
I hadn't seen your other reply yet, sorry! When Dragonixa's fixed his posting I'll respond to that.

@Kitty
Did I come off as mean? Cripes, that happens sometimes and I regret it every time. No, I was being offended or trying to offend anyone, just trying to deal with problems within my power.

Status
Not open for further replies.