Open Signup/OOC: Ten Years After The World Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. 'Cept Emma is at her cabin at the moment. It should be on the right side of the farmhouse and a day's walk to the farmhouse.

Oh and Markus couldn't have been at the farmhouse Emma goes to. Her farmhouse is back away from the road.

So we'll just say he was at some other farmhouse closer to the road.

Oops, left some people out, haha

How far would you say Emma's farmhouse is from the road, and also from the cabin?

Well, the farmhouse is a day's walk from the cabin. And mm about two to three day's walk from a town.

Reactions: Jade
Well, the farmhouse is a day's walk from the cabin. And mm about two to three day's walk from a town.
oh ok

Reactions: moon
This is awesome :D
We have a map. I can't wait to visit all the locations. Hehe.

• Thank You
I should probably change some of my posts to say cabin instead of farmhouse - just to lessen the confusion.

Perfect. 'Cept Emma is at her cabin at the moment. It should be on the right side of the farmhouse and a day's walk to the farmhouse.

Oh and Markus couldn't have been at the farmhouse Emma goes to. Her farmhouse is back away from the road.

So we'll just say he was at some other farmhouse closer to the road.
Oops, looks like I missed the part where you said the farmhouse is west of the cabin.

Is it ok to keep the map as is or should I redo it so the cabin is to the right of the farmhouse?

Here we go, hahaWorld Map Verison 3.png

Just waiting on Markus to respond...

Just waiting on Markus to respond...
If he takes too long you could always make something up; perhaps after a few seconds of looking at him you decide you just don't like him, for whatever reason you might think of, leading you to, i don't know, knock him out and take his stuff? Or perhaps just ride away, or even murder him.
I know we want to give people a chance to respond, but we should keep it moving as much as possible. Dragonixa could and should make a new character in the event that Markus dies anyway.

Reactions: moon
Agreed - we want to keep this moving which is why we're letting people work off rumors they've heard and work in their own scenarios.
As stated in the intro, kidnapping is allowed (and hurting other characters as well) as long as the action is in character. We don't consider it god-modding. It's something
to spice things up.

Of course, we don't expect anyone to murder everyone on sight. :D
Because then, we won't have an RP :P

Hurting a character moves the action forward - and gives other players to jump in and save him/her (assuming the character jumping in is some good samaritan).
If you're hurt, and no one helps, you'll have to find a way into town or wherever people are gathered - again, forcing you and others to interact.

And while I'm on that topic...let me just say that the reason why we decided against character sheets for sign ups is because it gives away a lot of information (some, unnecessary) - and puts everyone at a disadvantage since the players will know a character's background beforehand, and might force the RP to head in an 'unnatural' direction. I think a lot of RPs die because characters end up being out of character after a while.

I could totally see our characters getting into a fight with other characters. It's the end of the world - everyone's testy.
And also - Moon and I will eventually throw in 'NPCs' - let me quote the intro again and say "There's safety in numbers - but traitors are everywhere."

Oh - and GonzoB - thank you for updating the map!
I'm going to save it and put it up on the intro as well. Editing intro right now to make it easier to read. :}

Ok, this post is long enough haha.
And thanks, guys - for jumping in and making things more interesting!

• Love
Reactions: moon and Jade
Ok - maps are posted on the intro :} Will update again later since I just saw Hunter/Brandon Steele sneaking into some pawnshops close to Rhodesville!

Edited the intro as well for easier reading.

Drew up a map for Rhodesville:

Rhodesville.png

Feel free to give suggestions guys, this is just how I thought it might look.

I'll make it however ya'll think it should be, especially Literati.

Attachments

• Rhodesville.png
    Rhodesville.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Rhodesville is Bruce Dalton's (Literati) town :D
He came up with it first and he said the bar's name was Wild West. It would be good to have the name on it - makes it easier to identify. :}

Also - Brandon Steel (Hunter) mentioned that he thinks the pawnshop's near Rhodesville. So perhaps... pawnshop could be just a little farther
away from where the other structures are. Just a tad.

I like how everyone's adding to the world. I can almost see it rise from the ground up - structures popping up every time someone adds a location and a feature.

Reactions: Jade and moon
Ah awesome guys. It's soo nice having Maps!! Whoot whoot! A world being created by us all is something I could have only hoped for. I know Xan and I have made the plot story thing but it was basic and loose to where all of us could make it our own. To be honest I never thought it to go the way it has but I'm glad it is!!

Also, we have a banner up. So hopefully we will get more people joining us.

Welcome new people. Glad you came. Hope you all enjoy the Rp!

Don't be afraid to add or bring ideas or do whatever in the Rp.

This is a realistic Rp so anything that can happen in real life can happen in the Rp. Remember ANY and ALL characters can be captured OR EVEN killed in this Rp. That said, don't take it to heart if your character gets captured or killed. BE prepared for anything. It does not mean you are out of the Rp or anything. You are free to make more characters if you wish and whenever you wish too.

Status
Not open for further replies.