Of Darkness and Light (1x1 with ~PurpleRose~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evianna hesitated before replying and took a glance at him as he sat next to her.Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes,she but her lip."I really like you."She replied quietly,keeping her eyes scrunched shut not wanting to see his expression as she admitted her feelings towards him.'What was I thinking!?!? He couldn't possibly feel the same way and now I've only given him even more means to tease me.'She thought to herself angrily.

Zayne's laughter froze after Evianna spoke, surprised by what she said. He probably shouldn't have been; it was obvious, from her blushing to her nervousness, that she had been thinking about him. But hearing it spoken out loud snapped him back to reality. His father was still home, and if at any time he came down here and overheard any of this, he was going to have a lot of explaining to do. Besides that, he knew his heartbeat shouldn't be increasing and his mind shouldn't be on overdrive. 'This isn't natural.' Then again, was he natural? Were they natural? A Demon with a good side and an angel with a demon's mindset; it seemed like a perfect pair. Two outcasts. Two opposite who were so alike that it was frightening. He pulled away from her, as if put off by the idea, and stared off at the wall across from them. He wanted to speak, but didn't know what to say. What could he say?

"Well you're the one who wanted to know."She replied with a soft,teasing smile.She couldn't help but feel a twinge of pain in her heart as he stared off at the other wall still speechless.Maybe she only felt this way because she wanted to know what love felt like before she was killed at the hands of the demons and this attractive demon just happened to evoke a crush in her that was quickly morphing itself into something more.She wasn't sure why him but maybe his rejection would do some good to her emotion filled head.'Figures,the one guy I like dosen't like me back.'She thought sarcastically.

She was right. He did ask. And he expected that response. But it didn't feel as good as he thought it would. Instead, it brought back the walls he had taken down, brought back the thoughts that always ran through his mind. He looked at her out of the corner of his eyes, noticing her smile, and the difference in her eyes. As if she was pleading for him to respond differently. 'I'm a demon, and demons don't fall in love with their enemies.' He got to his feet, walking toward the door and almost going out. But his fingers froze at the handle, as if he couldn't bring himself to turn the knob. 'Just walk away.'

Evianna's eyes strayed to him as she felt him leave his spot beside her.Laying down on her back,she turned her back to the door and awaited his fading footsteps.Her green eyes were duller than usual as she stared at the concrete wall and placed her palm against it."Im sorry.It was a dumb thing to say."She called out to him,not even understanding why she was apologizing.Maybe it was because she enjoyed the company,it made her feel normal and not like she was on death row.

"Im sorry.It was a dumb thing to say." It wasn't dumb; it was just crazy. His hand still refused to move, stubborn as the thoughts in his mind. He glanced over his shoulder, back at Evianna, then to the door again. 'Leave. Just walk out. None of this was right- Oh. fuck what's right.' He suddenly turned stalking back toward the bed and grabbing her wrist, pulling her so that her back was against the bed. When she turned, undoubtedly confused, he leaned over her and pressed his lips to hers, hard, passionately. With all of this madness that was running through his mind, he just wanted to get this off his chest and out of his system.

Evianna was confused when he turned and headed back her way,grabbing her wrist and moving her onto her back.'What is he do-'Her thoughts were cut off as his lips pressed against hers passionately.Her eyes widened in shock before she relaxed and returned the kiss with the same enthusiasm.She had never expected to kiss Zayne and had certainly never imagined it would be this good.Her hands wandered to the back of his neck as gently ran her fingers through his hair.

'Well, she isn't fighting me, so that's a good sign.' Zayne hadn't doubted that Evianna had feelings towards him; he had, more or less, expected her to push him away though. It wasn't just a little crush, like she made it sound. That made it even better. He let go of her wrist when she raised her arms to wrap them around behind his neck, shifting until he was on the bed, but not on top of her. One hand snaked its way under her head, cradling it as he continued to assault her lips with his own. After a moment though, he pulled back, just a bit, breathing hard. He was sure he tasted blood. Yes, her lip was bleeding from a small cut. His eyes bore into hers, wondering what was going through her mind now. "Is that the answer you wanted?"

Evianna's eyes opened with a dazed expression before she began to comprehend what he had said."A simple I like you too would have sufficed but I think I like this way better."She replied with a soft chuckle as she held his gaze with her own,their faces only inches apart.As her senses started to return to her,she noticed her lip was bleeding and she yucky locked away some of the blood though she knew it would still bleed for a little while.She didn't expect him to be gentle and caring with her and she found that she liked it better this way.Evianna had been kissed before,of course all angels,but none of the kisses ever made her feel this way.

Zayne grinned a little at her comment, chuckling. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm complicated." He responded. "I'm not a simple 'I like you too' kind of guy." He pulled back and sat up after a moment, releasing her hands from his hair. "I never expected that to happen. I've always thought that the phrase 'opposites attract' only works with humans." He grinned, licking the blood from his lips and looking down at Evianna. After giving himself a taste of desire, his body craved more of it, but he knew better than to let himself get carried away. How long had he been down here already? It could have been an hour, maybe hours? "Did any of those high-and-mighty angels ever kiss you like that?" He seriously doubted that any angel would dare act so rough.

Evianna stayed in her laying down position,linking her hands together an resting them on her stomach."Nope.They are all to scared that they may harm me because I'm so 'fragile'"She replied with a teasing smile and chuckled as well.She knew she was anything but fragile and she loved how Zayne didn't treat her like she would break at any moment.Her green gaze caught his and she blushed once more as she caught the desire swirling within his eyes as he stared down at her.

"You're far from fragile. I'm pretty sure everyone knew that the moment that you were brought in." Zayne replied, grinning. "I wouldn't be surprised if those unlucky demons that you injured are still nursing their wounds." He leaned down, lowering his voice as he added, "You won't have to worry about being treated like a china doll here. That's not an issue." He traced his finger along the back of her hand. "But I'll try not to hurt you too badly." For the most part he was teasing, just playing around. He didn't intend on taking things much farther, at least not in his current mindset. His head suddenly turned as he heard the creak of the cellar stairs, and he suddenly grabbed Evianna's wrists, pinning them down on either side of her head. "Play along." He whispered before pulling himself back and tightened the grip on her wrists. The door opened and his father walked in. "Well isn't this an interesting sight." He smirked at Evianna, walking towards the two of them.

Evianna smiled at his teasing and was about to reply when she heard the creak of the stairs.She was surprised by his suddenness but quickly relaxed when he whispered in her ear.Steeling her expression she pretended to struggle against Zayne's hold on he wrists."Let me go."She snapped angrily at him,turning her glare to his father as he spoke rather happily for some reason.She was unsure of what was about to happen but would try and play along as best she could.

"Stop moving, you little bitch." Zayne hissed, tightening his hold on her wrists a bit more. His father chuckled, stopping by the side of the bed. "For as much trouble as everyone made her seem, you are doing quite an impressive job." "She's not so bad, once you figure out her weaknesses." "I'm just surprised you haven't broken her spirit by now." Zayne glanced over, wanting to wince as the older demon plucked a feather from Evianna's wing. And another. "Don't bother getting your hands dirty. It's unbecoming of someone of your status to deal with a petty little white wing." He barely managed to keep the demanding tone out of his voice. "You're right. But who's to know?" Another feather plucked. "It's so good to see you again, Evianna. You left so suddenly after our little interview that I was worried you'd never return." But of course, of her own free will, she wouldn't have.

Evianna but her lip to keep from crying out as his father plucked feathers from her wings.As he continued,her anger grew and she wanted nothing more than to shove Zayne aside and kill his father where he stood but she restrained herself for Zayne's sake."Oh you can be sure I won't.The job just wasn't right for me."She replied sarcastically through gritted teeth.She tucked her wings behind her back as best she could to keep them out of his reach hoping to deter him.She knew that the angrier she got and the more she was in,the less control she had over her power as she began to rely on instinct.

"Really? I thought you were perfect for the job." Zayne noticed the lights flickering a little, and glanced to Evianna's hands. He wasn't too sure about this power of hers, put with his hands so close to hers, he didn't want to be electrocuted. But he couldn't just let go of her either. "Did you just come down here to see her? Or did you want something?" His father glanced over at him and straightened up. "Dinner is finished." "And you couldn't have just told me that?" "What fun would that be? Besides, it was only part of the reason. But I don't think the little dear can take losing her feathers, so we might as well go." Zayne nodded, glancing down to Evianna, then back at his father. "I will be up in a moment. I need to finish what I started." The older demon grinned and nodded. "Of course." Once the door was shut, he let go of her wrists as if he had already been zapped. "I'm surprised you didn't try to strangle him." He whispered, not wanting to be overheard. "I sure wanted to."

Evianna glared at Zayne,sitting up and trying to calm some of her anger down."Oh I wanted to do more than strangle him"She replied,her anger still fueling her power causing the lights to brighten and dim continuously not to mention the sparking of her hands."Try and keep him away from me unless you want your father fried."Her voice was calm but the threat was still dangerously implied.She really liked Zayne and she might even be falling for him but she would not hesitate to kill his father,even if that would ruin their relationship.

Zayne chuckled, muffling it with his hand. This wasn't a laughing matter, as he knew she wouldn't hesitate to severely injure, if not kill, his father. Maybe a little shock was exactly what his old man needed. Maybe it was what everyone needed, to jolt them into reality. He just found it amusing that he, the son of the man she was threatening, agreed with her. His laughter faded as he realized the lights were still flickering. "I'm sorry, alright?" He murmured, looking her in the eyes. "I keep letting people do that to you, and I don't blame you for being angry. Just please, don't take it out on me." He brushed a lock of her hair out of her face. "I should probably go. He might come back down here if I take too long."

Evianna relaxed at his soothing words and his calm touch."I'm not mad at you,you have to do that but thank you for apologizing.You never actually hurt me and so far your father is the only one who has actually hurt me so I'd say you're doing a pretty good job at protecting me.I wouldn't take my anger out on you,no matter how out of control my power is.The reason I don't use it to often is because when I'm in pain or angry my power targets the cause of it.So,since you have never hurt me,you wouldn't be the target."She explained to him,leaning into his touch as he brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear."You should probably get going now.I wouldn't want him to get suspicious."She reached out and grabbed his collar.pulling him into a passionate kiss before he could reply.

"When I'm in pain or angry, my power targets the cause of it. So, since you have never hurt me, you wouldn't be the target." "That's good to know." Zayne responded; it made sense. He nodded as she started to talk about him leaving for dinner, but as he was about to leave, she yanked him down by his collar. He kissed back for a few moments while the shock wore off, but he soon enough uncurled her hands from his shirt collar and pulled back. "You couldn't have waited until I got back to do that?" He teased, laughing quietly. "I'll bring you down some food after dinner is finished." He sat up and got to his feet, heading for the door. "And don't you dare try anything while I'm gone." He yelled over his shoulder, grinning; just to throw his father off in case he was listening into all of this. With a wink, he left and headed up out of the cellar. To his relief, his father was sitting at the table, eating. Far enough away from the door that even if he hadn't been whispering, it was unlikely that he'd overheard anything but that warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.