Of Darkness and Light (1x1 with ~PurpleRose~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evianna wanted to attack Damien,as she had found was his name earlier and lunged towards him with bound hands,smacking his face before she was jerked back."Don't call me darling."She snapped angrily.As she was led through what she coukd tell was a building,she was jeenly aware of how few demons were actually within this building.As her blindfold was removed she rolled her eyes and walked into the room,looking around it and searching for any ways out but finding none."You have anymore chains to tie me up with?"She asked,finding discomfort in her tied hands.

"You have anymore chains to tie me up with?" "I can find some, if you're so set on being chained up." Zayne answered sarcastically. "Seeing as you're stuck in a basement and this door locks from the outside, I don't think it's necessary." 'Stop talking. Just shut up.' As if he could be any more obvious. Now he was really glad his father wasn't around. If he had heard that, he would be in trouble. "But don't get too comfortable, I may end up changing my mind about that." He followed behind her, grabbing her wrists just above the knotted ropes that bound them together. "Don't move." He pulled a knife from his pocket and slipped it beneath the ropes, cutting through the layers until the bindings fell apart. His grasp on her wrist lingered for a moment longer, the blade still in his hand as a vision of violence flashed in his mind. A little cut to the wrist, just enough to make her bleed. The taste of blood on his lips. He had been told an angels blood was sweeter than any candy ever created. 'I can't. I can't do that to her. Not to anybody.' He finally released her wrist, flicking the pocket knife closed and returning it back into his pocket. "I told you my name, so I deserve to know yours."

Evianna rubbed her sore wrists as he freed her from the tight ropes that bound her hands.As he held her wrist in one hand and the knife in the other,a flash of fear swept over her before he roughly released her from his grasp."My name is Evianna."She replied,eyeing him as he did the same to her.She could easily attack him right now when he was vulnerable but there were others still outside who could easily over power her.'Besides if I were to attack him it wouldn't be to hurt him...Wait!What am I thinking!?!??'She thought flirtatiously before realizing what she had implied and even if it was in her mind she was horrified and embarrassed as if she'd spoken it aloud to Zayne. She began to question her sanity,she had never been attracted to a demon before and certainly never had these thoughts for one.

Evianna. Definitely an angelic name. While he was thinking this he noticed the sudden change of expression on her face. Was she blushing? Yes, her cheeks were definitely flushed. What could have caused such a reaction? "Are angels always so prone to blushing? Or just you?" The words came out a bit more light-hearted than he had intended, more of a tease than a taunt. His eyes lazily roamed over her figure. She wasn't that bad looking, granted that those wings of hers were tucked away. And that hair, that brilliant fiery red, a color that he never would have expected to see on an angel. 'Stop that. She's not a demon.' He suddenly turned, in an effort to hide his own embarrassment, and spoke with his back turned. "Your kind isn't particularly allergic to anything, are they?"

Last edited:
Evianna's eyes widened at his teasing towards her blushing,her cheeks darkening even more."Angels aren't usually prone to blushing,but I can be."She replied sheepishly,biting her lip nervously.She felt his eyes on her and turned her gaze to find him looking at her body.'Well at least I'm not the only one who's experiencing this odd attraction between us.'She thought to herself with a small smile."My kind in general isn't known for being prone to allergies but I am deathly allergic to lavender.So as long as you don't give me anything that contains it or the flowers themselves,I'll be perfectly fine."She replied with a warm smile though he had his back to her as he spoke.

Zayne nodded and walked out of the room, locking the door behind him just in case. The last thing he needed was to be tricked into leaving her free to escape. This could all be an act after all. If he was trapped by a bunch of angels (which would be impossible, because no angel could keep a demon caged) a little acting would be the first trick up his sleeve. He walked up the stairs and into the kitchen, going through the fridge and pulling out meat and cheese to make sandwiches. Once those were finished, he grabbed two apples and returned downstairs. He wordlessly put the food just inside the room and closed the door again, but instead of leaving, he just sat against the door. He needed to leave, he should get away from her. None of this was right. She wasn't vain or self-righteous. 'Turn it off. Turn it off. Stop thinking like that. It's not natural! I am a demon. She is an angel.' But was that really enough of a reason to hate her?

Evianna sighed as he left her alone in the room and slouched against the wall,sinking down until she was sitting down with her back to the wall.'Why am I thinking these things!?! I've never been this attracted to my own kind let alone a demon!'She thought frantically,trying to figure out what to do.Unbeknownst to her,Zayne was struggling with his own conflicting desires.'All I want to do is grab him and kiss him until my lips are bleeding.'Her thoughts strayed as she imagined what it would be like.'No! What am I saying!?!? I can't like him!...Can I?'

It wasn't exactly his feelings about Evianna that had Zayne struggling. But every since he had met her, the softer side of him, the compassionate side, had been acting up. Was she getting inside his mind, playing with his emotions? He had never been this messed up before. He knew he couldn't let this side of him show, even to her. He tried everything he could to lock away all of the emotion that this little angel had stirred up inside him. 'Demons hate angels. That is the way that it is always supposed to be.' He got to his feet, feeling suffocated by everything that was swirling within his mind. 'I should see what Nerezza is up to.'

The next morning, Zayne brought down a plate with eggs and toast. He snuck into the storm cellar room where Evianna was, finding her peacefully asleep on one of the bunks. The little bit of sunlight that got in from the tiny barred off glass pane near the ceiling cast a pale light upon her, making her hair glisten. Her wings, so pearly white, lay curled against her back. Some part of him wanted to pluck the colorless feathers off, one by one, and listen to the agony such a thing would surely cause. Another part of him was revolted at the sight of her, such garish beauty; it was unnatural. And then, of course, there was that sliver of him that just wanted to touch those perfect wings of hers. But he just placed the plate on the edge of the opposite bed, and turned to leave. When he had gone to talk to Nerezza the night before, she had said she wanted to meet Evianna. It was a perfect idea; and a terrible one.

Evianna awoke the next morning with a yawn,the conflicting feelings still warring in the back of her mind as she stretched her arms above her head and fluttered her wings.Spotting the breakfast beside her on the bed,she began to eat slowly and take a glance around her 'room'.The light streaming through the tiny window warmed her and she closed her eyes;basking in its glow.She wondered what she was to do today and if Zayne might return later on.It was nice to be able to talk to someone while she was alone.Those conversations between the two of them were a way to pass the time as she awaited her death by the hands of the demons.As soon as they found out she was useless to them,they would dispose of her in the only way try knew how;to kill her.She had come to accept her death a while ago and saw no use in hoping for help that will never come.

"Did she really slap Damien?" Nerezza questioned, grinning. "She did. With her hands tied and blindfolded." "He must have been really loud then. No surprise. He always did have a lust for attention and a very loud mouth." She tried to grab onto his hand, but he pulled it away. "Not here, not out in the ope, Nezza. Remember?" The female pouted, but didn't try again for the rest of the walk. The two of them have had this little fling going on for a few months or so now, but Zayne didn't want it to be widely know. At first it was because flirting with your best friend's sister was awkward. Now, it was more of an interest shift. It wasn't that Nerezza wasn't beautiful, or anything with her personality. He just hadn't been feeling 'in love' with her so much. Although he had been trying to throw himself back into love to forget all of this angel business.

"She's down here." He murmured, leading the she-demon down the stairs and into the cellar. Nerezza followed close behind him, but he motioned for her to stay out for a moment. "I wouldn't want you getting hurt." He whispered before unlocking the door and sneaking in.

Evianna was relaxing on her 'bed' with her right arm thrown across her eyes and the other dangling off the side of her makeshift bed."What is it Zayne?"She called out as she heard him enter her room.Her wings were curled against her back a few stray feathers were at the foot of her bed.Just like birds' wings,angel wings would shed feathers and we would remove the shedding feathers to make flying easier;it didn't hurt since the feathers had already dislodged themselves.

Zayne gave Evianna a glance, wondering how he was going to get this to work. No doubt Nezza was going to misbehave, as no 'true' demon would ever consider treating a lowly white wing as an equal. He had intended to come in before her, to warn the angel, but then thought better of it. "You can come in." The female pulled open the door, looking at Evianna with disgust. "Why do you let it call you by your real name?" So many things in that sentence made him internally cringe. It? Really? "I slipped up. Besides, my father would have told her my name sooner or later. I'm surprised she's still in this condition. It's odd that he hasn't come down here himself." Nerezza stepped closer to the other female, noticing the lack of restraints. "Why isn't she chained? Or at the very least, bound?"

Evianna wanted to strangle the she-demon he had brought in to see her;as if she was some side show to look at! Her annoying voice made her cringe internally and she used all he self control not to reach out and teach this girl a lesson or two on respect.At her questions about why she was left unbound,Evianna's temper finally snapped."Because the others are far to afraid to even approach me let alone try to restrain me."She replied with a sly smile as she sat up in bed and eyed the newcomer with a dangerous gleam in her green eyes.

"Why on earth would anyone fear a pitiful little creature like you?" Nerezza responded, undaunted by the glare she was receiving. Zayne tried to jump in, to ease the tension a little bit. "I felt it was unnecessary to keep her down here with chains and rope. The whole point of this is to prove I'm not as weak as everyone thinks I am." An attempt to strengthen his facade that severely backfired. "I can keep her down here with my own strength, alone." The she-demon gave him a demure smile. "Of course you can. Because you are stronger than the rest. You weren't a coward, and you never have been. You never will be." She turned her gaze back to Evianna. "Still, it is sad that it has to live in your house. Couldn't your father have hidden it away somewhere else? I mean, it's making a mess of the room." Nezza picked up a couple of the molted feathers from the ground and closed her fingers around them, watching them smolder away to ashes. Some demons were able to control fire, others possessed claws, and many had wings. She sighed dramatically. "It's degrading."

Evianna's temper flared and she stood up,glaring the she-demon down as she continued to insult her as if she wasn't standing there."No what's degrading is him having to be seen with such a lowlife like yourself."She replied with pursed lips and her arms crossed.Her fingertips sparked with energy as she focused solely on the she-demon as her target.What the demons hadn't known was that Evianna could manipulate electricity though she had never quite mastered it.The lights in the room dimmed as she listened to the girl in front of her insult her."And as for me being feared you'd be surprised on what I can do and I suggest your little boy toy removes you from this room if he ever wants to see you alive again.My guess is you have never seen an angel in person and always believe the rumors that we're weak and helpless at the hands of your kind but they're wrong.Angels fight back and are rarely captured because we are so difficult.I was captured because I was caught in a moment of weakness though I didn't go without a struggle,broke a lot of bones,almost killed a few of them."Her tone was normal though it had a dangerous undertone to it,threatening this girl to step out of line so she would have a reason to attack her.

Zayne was shocked, not having seen this threatening side of Evianna. And knowing her, she wasn't the type to bluff. "Nez, you should leave." "Why? Are you afraid it'll to hurt me?" "She's hurt plenty of others before." "So subdue it. You're much stronger anyways." "I can't if you keep egging her on. Now leave." Nerezza recoiled from his words, but kept her composure. "Fine. I'll be waiting outside when you are finished." She glared at the angel, hating being forced to step down. She had always thought it was strange, the way Zayne tried to avoid confrontation when everyone else would go head-first into a fight without hesitation. "Make her bleed." And with that, the haughty young demon walked out, closing the door behind her. Zayne sighed, then turned his attention to Evianna. He wanted nothing more than to see her grovel for mercy, but at that moment he was more concerned with the powers that she had just proved to possess. "I knew you had spunk. I didn't know you had it in you to do that." He motioned to her hand. He ran a hand through his hair, glancing away. 'I knew I shouldn't have brought Nezza into this. But what was I supposed to do. Say that the angel was too dangerous? Even she would think that is weak.' The words he wanted to say were being forcefully held back; he was not going to apologize, he told himself. How he acted was who and what he was. But then, why did all of this feel so wrong to him?

Evianna glared at Nereza's retreating form as she closed the door behind her,wanting nothing more than to run after her and show her why the others feared her."I can't control it that well so I don't use it to often.Besides why would I tell you this?I accepted my fate a while ago."She replied,sauntering over to her bed and sitting down on it as she watched Zayne get lost in thought."I don't understand why you brought her here.Are you trying to get her killed but make it look like an accident?"She was only teasing but she did wonder why he had brought her when he knew just how dangerous she could be.

"Besides why would I tell you this? I accepted my fate a while ago." This snapped Zayne back from his warring thoughts, a rush of bitterness taking form. Before he could respond, she continue, and what she said next made him almost laugh. "I guess if I was trying to get rid of her, this would be accident." He replied. "In case you haven't caught on, I am trying to prove something. Not to her, of course; she already believes in me." There was a moment of silence, and his thoughts tried to return, but he wouldn't let them. "And what do you mean you've accepted your fate?" 'Does she think we are just going to kill her?' In the mind of a prisoner, it would make sense. But he was jealous of her freedom, as limited as it was. Everyone knew she was different, and was meant to be different. She didn't have to put up an act to keep everyone from seeing her as she was. "Your fate is better than my reality." He mumbled, partially unaware that he had spoken the words out loud.

Evianna looked over at him questionally as she heard his muttered words."Well you're going to kill me sooner or later when you find that I can't help you.And I've accepted the fact that my parents are not going to send help for me."She replied with a shrug as she stared at the wall across from her."Now what is you meant when you said my fate is better than your reality?"As she spoke,her gaze turned to look at him instead.Something was different about Zayne,though she couldn't put her finger on what it was.He just seemed different than other demons.

"No one would try to help you?" Zayne murmured, somewhat doubting that. He had always imagined that angels were more of a community than demons were. They would be more likely to send help than his kind was; if you were weak enough to be captured, it wouldn't be worth the effort to save you. "A girl like you, surely there would be someone who would come to your rescue." "Now what is you meant when you said my fate is better than your reality?" He stiffened, looking away. "Nothing. None of your business." He snapped quickly, trying to cover up. 'Nothing you would understand.' Around her, he just felt so exposed, like she could see through right through him when everyone else couldn't. And after a lifetime of always trying to hide what she do easily brought out in him, such exposure was very uncomfortable. But was it okay to relax his act down here, where no one else could see him? It's not like Evianna would tell anyone. 'She wouldn't judge- Yes, she would. She is an angel, and I am a demon. I'm not supposed to be...' If he wasn't already insane, all of this would drive him to insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.