Of Darkness and Light (1x1 with ~PurpleRose~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evianna screamed in surprise before quitting with a glare when she saw the demons surround her.She steeled her expressions and whirled around punching the demon who was holding her arm in the face and flipping him over onto his stomach."I think we both know that answer.So just cut to the chase on what you want."She snapped angrily at him,sarcasm heavy in her voice as she spoke to the demon.

Not expecting such an attack (who would have thought that a spoiled little angel would know how to fight?), the demon let out a cry of surprise. Quiet laughter, and some not so quiet, followed. "She's stronger than she looks. Are you guys going to help or not?" He hissed before glaring at the girl. "So just cut to the chase on what you want." "Easy." One answered from the flock of demons, a devilish grin lighting up on their faces. "Another angel prisoner to add to our collection." The group circled in closer, some trying to grab her arms, others going for her legs as she tried to defend herself. This one was quite a handful. This was going to take longer than they thought, but with their numbers they were confident that they could overpower her eventually. Of course, not before several of them got kicked or hit, which only made them more determined. "Come quietly and maybe we'll be merciful."

Last edited:
"Like I should believe the word of a demon."She responded sarcastically,snapping the wrist of a nearby demon as he reached for her."I'm going to fight every step of the way."She knew they were gaining on her,but no matter if they did catch her she would never stop fighting against them.A nearby demon latched onto her and she threw a few kicks and punches his way until he released her though she did receive a few of her own.While her attention was focused on her persistent attacker,a demon wrapped his hands around her throat and pressed down cutting off her oxygen supply.Evianna struggled against his hold lashing out and kicking and punching everything in sight but she weakened as she fell into unconsciousness.

Every punch or kick that landed sent a sharp hiss or whine into the air, but as a group the demons became evermore agitated at Evianna. It had rarely been this difficult to subdue one of the white wings before, especially the females. Then again, she had caught onto them, unlike the others. She was clever and perceptive; a dangerous combination. Once one of them had their hands around her throat, the others grinned. Those who were injured hissed and tried to get at her while she was weak, but the rest held them back. "We need her to be alive; for now. A time for revenge will come soon enough." When she fell unconscious, the male released his grasp from her thin neck and grinned. "Let's bring her back to the apartments, boys." He tossed her carelessly over his shoulder and turned, heading off down the alleyway with the rest of the pack followed behind him.

Zayne noticed the group approaching before Nerezza noticed. "Nezza." He whispered, lifting his hand to untangle her fingers from his hair. The ebony haired female whined, trying to pull him closer, but he held her back. "I thought you wanted to keep this thing a secret. If anyone sees us like this, your brother knowing will be the least of our concern." "Fine." She mumbled, sneaking one last kiss to his throat. "But you owe me." The male backed away from her, shielding his eyes from the glare of the setting sun. That was Damien for sure... but what was that he was carrying? "What's going on?" Nerezza asked, stepping up next to him. "I have no idea. But I sure do want to find out." The two of them darted to intercept the group, greeted by a grin from Damien. "I thought you were working today." "I was, until the boss caught sight of this one." He shifted the limp form of a female with fiery red hair on his shoulders. Her flawless skin and long eyelashes gave her away; an angel. "Well, that'll get you back on my father's good side." "I would hope so. Maybe he'll forget about that little human mishap?" "I doubt it."

((If you want we can time skip to when she wakes up))

(I think that'd be best.)
Evianna awoke groggily and her eyes fluttered open tiredly.Her hand flew to her throbbing throat as she tried to ease the pain of her bruising neck.She swallowed experimentally and silently cried out when pain erupted in her dry throat as the sore muscles were forced to move.'Now what am I going to do?'She thought to herself,unzipping her jacket and pulling it off to free her cramped wings.Stretching them,she relaxed as the pain subsided and began massaging the sore parts of her wings as she gaze around at the room they held her in.Chains were wrapped around her ankles and waist,keeping her in place.

Zayne's sat with his back against the wall, waiting outside the door of the room that Evianna was being held in. "She isn't just any angel. Her family has ties among the community. This could be our chance to take control of this city once and for all." Of course, no one wanted to deal with her after all the trouble that she caused. Or be held responsible if she managed to escape. So he stepped up to the challenge. Sure it wasn't exactly a glorious task, but it would earn him some respect. When he heard the rustle of chains, he grinned to himself. 'Time to deal with little miss white wings. Now the fun starts.' He got to his feet and walked into the room. He had no idea why they bothered to chain her up in an apartment when they could have just tossed her in a cell at the warehouse, but maybe they still would. Then he wouldn't just have to deal with her and only her. He eyes the chains, her messed up hair, the obviously pained expression on her face. If only every angel looked like this; helpless, trapped, and utterly pathetic. But her wings. A garish, vile show divinity. 'I'm one of god's favorites.' They seemed to brag. 'Look at how pure I am.' 'I really do hope she ends up in the warehouse. Her wings wouldn't stay so pure for long down there.' "It's about time you woke up."

Evianna's head snapped up with a glare at the arrogant voice."Well sorry to keep you waiting."She snapped back hoarsely,her fiery temper blazing as she shifted in the chains.She smirked inwardly as she realized they had felt she was such a threat to them that she had to be unconscious and chained.The demons always said that angels were so vain and arrogant but the demons were always far more self-centered than her kind.It was bad enough to deal with their evil ways but they had a strange jealousy towards the Angela's white wings.It wasn't our choice to have white wings,so why should we punished for it?

'They weren't kidding when they said she was feisty.' Zayne thought. 'This may be fun after all.' However, her sharp tone struck a nerve. She may be feisty, but he wouldn't let her get an attitude. This time it would slide; but only this time. "You're lucky you're important. Otherwise, you would have been thrown to the hounds of hell." He bent down just far enough out of reach that she wouldn't be able to lash out at him, grinning. "Or worse, left to the warehouse, where the rest of your kind are kept. Those we decide to keep alive, that is." He reached out his hand, running his fingertips over her messy red hair. It was such a vibrant color, so lively, and it matched her fiery temper. Her hair color would have been a siren's call on a she-demon. If she was one of his kind, he would have instantly fallen for her. But she wasn't. She was everything he despised. He grabbed a handful of it a suddenly yanked down, hard. "And I would watch your tone, if I were you. You are in no position to act out." He leaned closer to her, lowering his voice to barely a whisper. "I may not be able to kill you, but I can sure as hell make you wish I would."

Reactions: ~PurpleRose~
Evianna cried out as he yanked her hair,holding back the tears that sprung to her eyes at the sharp pain."Like I told your buddy,I won't stop fighting you."She bit out definitely,glaring daggers at his form.She move back from his face,not wanting to give him the satisfaction of giving her anymore pain.Her green eyes scanned his face and body as she searched for any weapons.He was attractive and if he were her kind,she would have definitely flirted with him but he wasn't;he was one of them.

So it wasn't just an act. She was lucky he was in a good mood, as her defiance would have usually gotten her into severe trouble. But as things were at the moment, it won her a bit of respect. She may be a spoiled rotten white-wing, but she had guts and spirit; Zayne had to admit, it was impressive. The only other angels who had shown such bravado in the face of a demon's threat had all been full grown males, and even they cowered more often than not. He let go of her hair, letting a quiet chuckle of amusement sneak from his lips. "You really are a special little white wing." He got to his feet, looking down at her with a curious and amused expression. Was it just stupidity that made her act so brave? Then again, if what Damien had told him was true, she had figured out their plot even before she left his father's company building. No, she wasn't stupid. Idiotically strong-willed and gutsy, yes. But not stupid.

"I'll take that as a compliment." She replied,relaxing slightly as she saw a strange gleam in his eyes.It wasn't a usual evil gleam,it was something else,something different.Was it respect!?!? Maybe Evianna was wrong about him,perhaps he was different than the others she'd faced in the fight. Was it possible for her to actually find a bit if respect for his control,apparently so since that is exactly what she found herself thinking.
(Sorry it's short)

Zayne noticed the slight change in expression, and realized with a pang of horror that she had taken his restraint as a sign of something else. He quickly wiped away the amusement, scolding himself for letting her feel safe around him. He couldn't let her think he was going to be kind to her just because of her attitude. He put the walls back up around himself, as he always had to. When you are a demon, compassion is seen as weakness. Kindness is weakness. Mercy is weakness. And weakness meant that he was unfit to be a demon. It could mean becoming an outcast, shunned from the rest, or even death. And showing weakness to an angel, of all creatures?! What was he thinking? "A complement, to you? Never." With that he turned sharply and stopped just before opening the door. "I'll be back with dinner, if they decide you deserve it." And with that, he was gone.

Evianna smirked as she watched him disappear out the door,she knew she'd struck a nerve when she'd caught his show of respect."And they say we're prideful."She muttered to herself,turning to look out the window on the other side of the room.It was foolish to put her in a room with a window but she knew with these chains holding her she would not be able to escape anytime soon.Stretching her wings she let out a defeated sigh,she was never getting out if this.She put on a brave facade but he knew better,her family wouldn't risk the city for her;she'd only be another casualty to them in this war.

Zayne walked out of the apartment building, glancing back up in the direction of Evianna's room and noticed her by the window. For the moment, he knew she wasn't going anywhere; those chains were proof enough of that. However, they couldn't keep her chained up like that forever. And he couldn't keep an eye on her every second of the day; even a demon need to sleep. "So, how is angel duty turning out for you?" Zayne's head turned, having been deep in thought before Damien showed up. "She's going to be trouble." Damien grinned, laughing. "I told you so. I mean, she did break Nixon's wrist. I wouldn't let your guard down for too long." Zayne ran a hand through his messy brown hair and sighed. "All of this for a little respect. I really hope this is worth it."

A while later, Zayne returned with a key, rope, and backup. Damien, along with a couple others, had insisted on helping him bring Evianna to her new residence. It may not be the warehouse, where they all wished she had been put, but it was much harder to escape than an apartment building with windows and fire escapes. Zayne pushed open the door, knowing she was not going to come easily. "I'll assume you're going to prefer doing this the hard way, so I'm not even going to bother asking."

"Well it's more fun that way."She replied with a sly smile."By the way how's that guy's wrist?" She wasn't going to struggle much against them though,she had resigned to her fate and was simply biding her time until the demons realized her kidnapping would do them no good.She would fight against them but she knew it would get her no where.Standing up,she rattled her chains as she eyed the demon and his helpers.

"More fun indeed." Zayne responded. That smile of hers still got him. Even in the face of multiple demons, all of which could easily kill her (or at the very least maim), she still dared to smile. With others around, though, he refused to let his curiosity show. "By the way how's that guy's wrist?" Nixon snarled, still very pissed off at her. "Broken, thanks to you." "Hey, you're the one who wanted to come along, Nix. If she breaks your good wrist too, it's your own fault." "Let's just get this over with." Zayne said, stepping toward Evianna. He tossed the ropes to Damien, who walked around the other side of her, cautiously staying out of reach. While the others attempted to tie her hands together, Zayne grabbed her jacket and ties it over her eyes, attempting to use it as a blindfold. How thick it was, though, he couldn't tell.

She laughed at the demon who she'd broken the wrist of,or as she figured out Nixon."Then I suggest you don't come any closed or I will break something else of far more importance to you."She threatened with a smile as her jacket was tie aroun her eyes."Why are you tying a blindfold around my eyes?I can still tell where you are." Evianna allowed them to tie her up and begin leading her away but if they made any move to attack her she would retaliate appropriatly.

Nixon hissed at the threat, but Damien elbowed him in the side when he tried going at Evianna. "Why are you tying a blindfold around my eyes? I can still tell where you are." "It's not about you being able to tell where we are." Zayne answered as he unlocked the chains. 'I bet she feels better without- no. It doesn't matter how she feels. She is the prisoner. Her comfort doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter.' If anyone knew the thoughts that ran through his mind, he never would have lived this long. A demon with a conscious (though a semi-present one at times) wasn't meant to exist. His kind was supposed to be ruthless, powerful, vengeful and violent. They were meant to be bloodthirsty and always wanting more than what they had. He was a freak of nature at heart, but he wanted nothing more than to suppress that side of him. That was what his father wanted, what everyone else wanted. He couldn't afford to let them see the real him.

Once Damien and the others had finished tying the angel's hands behind her, Zayne motioned for them to lead the way. "I'll deal with her myself. I can manage." The other demons walked out of the room, out of the apartment, and deeper into the rows of houses. They stopped at one of the buildings furthest into the neighborhood they inhabited, a brick house with dark shingles and thick hedges. The home of the Hallewells.

"So why do wanna be alone?"Evianna asked curiously, unsure what he was planning.She'd noticed how he seemed to be fighting against himself sometimes though he didn't show it to the others.It was like he was conflicted about the way he treated her but that wasn't possible,his kind are incapable of remorse or kindness."If you're going to try and intimidate me,then save your breath and let's get going.By the way what's your name?"He had never spoken his name and she was getting tired of always referring to him as 'the demon'

Zayne didn't bother to respond to her question, keeping silent as he walked down through the apartment and out of the building. "By the way what's your name?" "Why does that, of all things, matter to you?" He mumbled, casting her a glance. He returned to silence, but after a little while added, very quietly, "Zayne. My name is Zayne." He was a bit snappy at the moment, on edge because he was out in the open. It was impossible not to catch the attention of anyone passing by, since it wasn't every day that they saw an angel being led down the street. If this wasn't an unorthodox sight, he didn't know what would be. He raised his head as he heard footsteps quickly heading his direction, and Damien grinned. "To think this is the same little darling who put up such a fight earlier." He turned his attention back to Zayne, quietly telling him where the angel was supposed to be brought. 'You've got to be kidding me.' "Well at least there we won't have to worry about her escaping easily." He responded, and his friend walked of with a chuckle. Just great; he was going to be keeping an angel in his basement.

After a little while longer of walking, they finally arrived at his home. His father was nowhere to be found, which was a good thing. His old man didn't exactly have a past of being very gentle with the prisoners. When they neared the stairs to the cellar, he untied the jacket from her head after opening the door and flipping on the light. "Go on."

Status
Not open for further replies.