Of Darkness and Light (1x1 with ~PurpleRose~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evianna watched him leave with a happy smile,the door closing after he'd yelled the warning with a grin.With a content sigh,she reclined on her makeshift bed as she awaits Zayne's return to her with food.Her stomach grumbled impatiently and she tried to force her thoughts upon something else to pass the time.As her thoughts turned to their shared kiss earlier,her hand drifted to her healing cut on her lip with a warm smile.Though their kisses were rough and passionate,there was still an underlying of emotion of something more than just attraction and desire.

After a relatively uneventful dinner, Zayne helped put away the leftovers, putting aside a plate to reheat for Evianna. If his father had his way, she would be eating table scraps and nothing else. But she didn't deserve that kind of treatment. He began to wonder how he ended up being born a demon he obviously wasn't meant to be one. Was it just fate? How is it possible for a demon to have this kind of personality? Then again, maybe they did, and he just was really bad at controlling his emotions. And everyone else was really good at hiding theirs. His father went back to the couch, preoccupied with papers; probably from work, although he could think of a time when he actually saw his father doing any work before now. How strange. He carried the plate of reheated spaghetti down into the cellar, closing the door behind him as he always did. The more walls and doors that separated him and Evianna from the outside world, the safer he felt he was. "I hope you like spaghetti."

Evianna's head turned at the sound of the door opening and the warm smile returned to her face at the sound of his voice and the smell of the food."I do and thank you for bringing it."She replied,taking the plate from him and kissing his cheek before returning to her spot on the bed.She began eating the spaghetti,feeling the hunger pains in her stomach begin to subside as she ate.He was definitely unlike any other demon she'd ever met,he treated her as an equal not like she was below or above him.Finishing her meal,she placed the empty plate and cutlery on the floor by the door.She hoped they would be able to spend some time together now without him worrying about his father or any other demons interrupting them.
(Sorry it took so long my phone was acting up so I didn't see your reply.)

((It's fine. It took me forever on one of the posts earlier because my ipod kept refreshing the page and deleting everything, so I know how that is when technology decides to mess with you))

Zayne smiled and stood by the door as Evianna ate, leaning against the wall. "Do your feathers grow back?" He asked absentmindedly, eying the couple feathers that had been forcibly removed from her wings earlier by his father. "If they've been removed by force, not just shedding." He was curious how it worked for an angel's wings. He knew from experience that feathers on his wings didn't grow back, ever. Thinking of wings reminded him of how much they ached at the moment, so confined under his jacket. Being bound by word not to let anyone see them, the only time that the wings ever saw fresh air and freedom was when he was alone in his room.

Evianna watched his movements carefully as he struck up a conversation with her."Sometimes they do,sown times they don't.But I'll be fine,he didn't pluck any that are essential for flight so I can still fly."She replied,turning her gaze to the floor where her plucked feathers lay."Are you okay?You look uncomfortable?"She asked,eyeing his tense posture and they way he shifted as if something was bothering him.

"I don't think you'd be able to fly very well in here though." Zayne replied, though he was glad the damage done was minor. He fell silent for a moment, shifting his shoulders a bit to try to relieve the tension in his wings. "Are you okay? You look uncomfortable?" "I'm fine. Just a little tense is all." He raised one hand to the back of his neck, acting as if that would help. "It's nothing." He looked at the little glass panel that was the only source of natural light; although the sunset didn't provide too much light. He was glad that wasn't the only source of light, or it would have been very hard to see.

"Well come here,I'll give you a massage since I know you're stressed."Evianna replied,gesturing for him to sit down beside her so she could massage his neck and shoulders to relieve some of his tension."You'll feel better after I do."She said,trying to persuade him.She knew the situation between them was stressful and she would do whatever she could to help ease some of it while he was around her.

Zayne debated on whether or not to accept her offer. There was very little chance of her not noticing the strange shape of his back; given that she had grown up around winged creatures all her life, it wouldn't take her long to figure out why that was either. "It's fine, really." He murmured, though moving her direction. He sat down just out of reach, turned slightly away. Thinking of her becoming curious about his wings was making him self-conscious. "But thank you, for offering." He smiled, trying hard just to push the aching aside and out of his mind. "You're too sweet to me." He murmured, brushing her hair away from her face.

"Well it's the least I can do after all you do for me and how stressed you get."She replied,eyeing his distance between them with confusion.Taking a closer look at his back she noticed an odd shape,like that of her wings when she his them in a jacket.'If he has wings than that would explain why he was concerned about my wings and why he looks so uncomfortable all the time,not to mention why he constantly wears a jacket.'She thought to herself in relization."You have wings."She stated with a smile spreading across her lips.'I don't think Zayne could get anymore attractive.'

The moment those words lefts her lips, Zayne stiffened up, glancing away. "N-no I don't. This jacket is just... It fits weird on me." 'Sad. I should be better at lying than that.' He really couldn't hide anything from Evianna, could he? She was just too perceptive. Oh well, so she knew he had wings. She wasn't going to see them, that was for sure. "Even if I did, why would that matter?" He crossed his arms in front of him, a dark blush beginning to coat his cheeks as he glanced sideways at her, then back to the ground. She could see right through him, he couldn't deceive her. It wasn't the fact that she knew about his wings; it wasn't that strange. Other demons had wings, but none like his. What made him so embarrassed was the way she exposed every little thing that he tried so hard to keep hidden from even himself for years.

She chuckled at his blushing and adjusted her body so she was even closer to him."Well I find it hot."She replied flirtatiously, wrapping her arms around his bicep and resting her chin on his shoulder.She knew she was being a bit straightforward but she couldn't help it,he was just perfect! He had the personality and looks she loved and now that she knew he had wings as well,she didn't feel awkward talking about her wings around him.Her lips pressed gently against his cheek in a soft kiss to calm his nerves.

"Well I find it hot." If Zayne hadn't been flustered before, he sure was now. As she leaned against him and kissed his cheek, he raised his eyes to glance over at her. As much as she put him on edge, and as difficult as he found it to act natural (or even rationally) around her, her touch was the most soothing things he had ever felt. He turned his head so that his lips met hers, but barely kissed back. The thought came to mind, what would it be like if the roles were reversed? If he had been the captured angel, and Evianna, the demon set to guard him. 'That's a ridiculous idea. I wouldn't last a day as an angel.' He pulled his lips away after a moment, just enough to talk. "You think so?"

"Yes I do.I felt kind of awkward whenever I talked about my wings to you,like I was a freak in your eyes."She admitted softly,lowering her gaze as she pulled away,laying her hands in her lap."I really like you but I find myself wondering why you like me when you could have a stress free,normal relationship with another demon."Her green gaze turned to look at the wall ahead of her.She wasn't one to share he feelings usually but it felt natural to her when she was around Zayne.

"I really like you but I find myself wondering why you like me when you could have a stress free, normal relationship with another demon." Zayne couldn't help but laugh at that. "'A stress free, normal relationship with another demon'?" Her spoke through his fingers, not wanting to risk being to loud and attracting attention from his father upstairs. "You know better than anyone how difficult it is for me to act like a typical demon. Being in a relationship with another demon would drive me insane. I would never have any chance to take the mask off." He was probably being overly dramatic about the situation, but it was true. He wouldn't be able to act vulnerable, he'd always have to be fearless and strong and forceful. At least, that's all he had ever known of the society that he lived in. He'd never met anyone else who shared his thoughts or feelings. And he sure as heck didn't feel safe revealing this side of himself to anyone. "I wouldn't be able to stand the pressure of never being allowed to act like myself."

"So as for your earlier question,yes I do find that fact that you have wings extremely hot."She replied with a soft laugh,turning her head to look at him."Why do you hide them?I noticed some of the other demons have wings and they don't hide them,so why do you?"She wondered aloud,lifting hand and gently massaging the area between his wings through his jacket;this always made her wings feel better after being cramped inside her jacket.
(Sorry it's taking so long to reply,I keep getting distracted. :))

(I'm going to be on for a while today and I am focused on the rp.So is there any ideas you have for the plot?)

(It's fine. My responses will be slow for the rest of the night, because I'm watching a show)

Zayne grinned, still a bit flushed about the comments about his wings. He didn't think his wings made him more attractive. He agreed with his father; they should stay hidden. So when she asked why he kept them hidden, he glanced away. "They aren't something that anyone would want to see." He stiffened when her hand went to his back, a shock going through his body as if she has electrocuted him; but not in a bad way at all. His head turned back toward Evianna, wondering what was going through her mind. He wanted to speak, but couldn't find the words.

"Would you please just show me.I know your wings are cramped and I know what'll make them feel better."She replied,hoping to entice him into revealing his wings for her to see.She didn't care what they looked like,she would still love him no matter what."I don't care what they look like."Her hand moved to his shoulder and she soon found her other hand joining it on his shoulders as she curled her fingers in the collar of his jacket.

Zayne shook his head turning his eyes away from her again. "I can't." He murmured. "I can't show them to you or anyone else." "I don't care what they look like." "That's not the point." His hand raised to curl around hers, trying to pry her fingers off of his jacket collar. He still couldn't bear to look her in the eyes as he tried to stand up, looking toward the door, toward the window, anywhere but her face. "I should go. I shouldn't stay down here too long." His hands still struggled with hers, messy hair shadowing his eyes. "Let go of me."

Evianna's hands uncurled from his collar as she watched him go towards the door."Yeah,you should go before your father gets suspicious."She replied normally and kissed his cheek before standing as well and walking towards the small caged window.Her arms hugged her waist as she turned her back to him,not wanting him to see the hurt in her eyes as her wings sagged.She just couldn't understand why he wouldn't share something as little as that when she has basically told him everything about her.'Maybe I was being to forcefully.He shouldn't have to share every detail of his life with me.I hate to think about it but maybe we shouldn't be together.I'm doomed to die,at the hands of his father too. But then again i should make the most of the time I have left.And maybe we can escape but where would we go?'She thought to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.