NO DOMINION | Dark Fantasy Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hath drawn first blood. Cometh at me, knaves.

I didn't get any email notifications like I was supposed to Dx ..

Anyway, I'll start reading and try to have a post up later today or tomorrow, if nothing comes up.

Hey guys, just a quick note:

Please remember that not everyone uses the Teal Owl for their setting. Some people are Bright Light (white background) users. So please avoid using bright colors or white. This isn't a rule, but I'm going to go and add it. So, I'm not upset by this or anything. It's just a friendly reminder.

@Firewombat Your text is entirely white and I can't read it. OTL Sorry, but if you could change it, I would much appreciate it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt - If I leave it as default, will it adjust to the different background colors?

If the whole background thing means stuff gets borked - why use it at all? I mean, aesthetically I can understand it, but if it messes up on a fundamental level with something so simple - I'd just axe it and just use the dark background.

But alright - I guess I'll try and fix it, though that's just one of the solutions to the whole problem.

I switched over to the white background - now I'm not firing shots at any of you lot...

...But this is a goddamn eyesore. That said - I've fixed it. Now I'm switching back to something easier on my photoreceptors.

If the whole background thing means stuff gets borked - why use it at all? I mean, aesthetically I can understand it, but if it messes up on a fundamental level with something so simple - I'd just axe it and just use the dark background.

But alright - I guess I'll try and fix it, though that's just one of the solutions to the whole problem.
Just highlighting all of your text and colouring it with 'no colour' will put it to a colour where it can be read perfectly in all styles~. It's pretty easy, and if you like the white look of the text, 'no colour' looks pretty much white anyways. (Assuming you're using a dark background.)

Whilst a majority do use a dark background - myself included because violet queen master race - a fair 10% of people use the light background too, because that's how they like it. Just use this guide if you're having any troubles with colours for different styles.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Just highlighting all of your text and colouring it with 'no colour' will put it to a colour where it can be read perfectly in all styles~. It's pretty easy, and if you like the white look of the text, 'no colour' looks pretty much white anyways. (Assuming you're using a dark background.)

Whilst a majority do use a dark background - myself included because violet queen master race - a fair 10% of people use the light background too, because that's how they like it. Just use this guide if you're having any troubles with colours for different styles.
Took care of it soon as I logged in again to check on alerts and the like, I must've made a mistake somewhere, because I pretty much assumed I was working off default font colour to begin with. So it's my bad either way. It's all a matter of preference, though - I certainly understand that. All in good humor, but the bright light background does actually hurt my eyes. I literally wouldn't be able to read for extended periods with it.

Srsly tho. What is wrong with you bright light supremacists?

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Srsly tho. What is wrong with you bright light supremacists?
I'm going to treat it lightly and as a joke, however, I will come forward that I'm one of these 'bright light supremacists' that you have been so kindly calling out on. ^_^

However, I guess you figured that one out after I sent you a Private Message about the matter. Thanks for filling me in about your opinion, though. As I said in the PM, and I will say so again, if it bothers/annoys you, you aren't obligated to edit and change your text colour. I was just giving you a heads up so that you know about it. For I, in return, would have liked to know as well if my text was unreadable on any of your backgrounds. Just trying to be civil, you know?

As for the reason why I use the white background; eye problems. That's all I got to say and got to share. Dark backgrounds tends to blur colours into each other for me. I hope that is a good and clear enough of a reason for you why I choose to be a 'bright light supremacist'?

Took care of it soon as I logged in again to check on alerts and the like, I must've made a mistake somewhere, because I pretty much assumed I was working off default font colour to begin with. So it's my bad either way. It's all a matter of preference, though - I certainly understand that. All in good humor, but the bright light background does actually hurt my eyes. I literally wouldn't be able to read for extended periods with it.
It's hard to tell sometimes. Because you think you're in default but you're not. This is especially true of copying and pasting anything from Google Docs as it transfers the color over, even if you never colored it to begin with. So, that's what I meant. Just doing the default or "no color" option. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my message. It'll switch to the nicest color for the background. I enjoy the white background myself because my screen is optimized for gaming and is very dark.

Thank you for changing it.

Thank you Jakers. I'll post this up in the main rules area as soon as I get to a legit mouse. Trying to c/p with a keyboard mouse is like trying to juggle with your nose.

However, I guess you figured that one out after I sent you a Private Message about the matter. Thanks for filling me in about your opinion, though. As I said in the PM, and I will say so again, if it bothers/annoys you, you aren't obligated to edit and change your text colour. I was just giving you a heads up so that you know about it. For I, in return, would have liked to know as well if my text was unreadable on any of your backgrounds. Just trying to be civil, you know?

As for the reason why I use the white background; eye problems. That's all I got to say and got to share. Dark backgrounds tends to blur colours into each other for me. I hope that is a good and clear enough of a reason for you why I choose to be a 'bright light supremacist'?
I switched over to the white background - now I'm not firing shots at any of you lot...

...But this is a goddamn eyesore. That said - I've fixed it. Now I'm switching back to something easier on my photoreceptors.
And next time there is a problem, please either let me know via a PM or just PM each other. I don't like opening the OOC to this. This is supposed to be a pretty mellow place. I do understand disagreements, that's going to happen. We're human. We have bad days, and we get frustrated. Just try not to let it infiltrate the OOC. Keep it in PMs and invite me. I'm glad everything was resolved quickly and without much fuss. Next time, though, let's keep the lines of communication open.

And now to read the posts.
I'm super excited. ^^

Yeah, probably a good time to dial it back a little bit. I really wouldn't expect to have to spell it out and make it clear, but let's get it all out.

Nobody has to justify their choice of background to me, I am not the Lord High Arbiter of Iwaku backgrounds. Be a nifty title to have, but I'm not in the running for that post. So in no point in time was there an intention to direct an insult personally to you, @WishfulNemo

#brightlightsupremacism is and shall always be a play on words, for the purposes of ironically dark humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to have come down with a wee bug. I'll be posting within a day or two but definitely before deadline.

Hopefully.

Yeah, probably a good time to dial it back a little bit. I really wouldn't expect to have to spell it out and make it clear, but let's get it all out.

Nobody has to justify their choice of background to me, I am not the Lord High Arbiter of Iwaku backgrounds. Be a nifty title to have, but I'm not in the running for that post. So in no point in time was there an intention to direct an insult personally to you, @WishfulNemo

#brightlightsupremacism is and shall always be a play on words, for the purposes of ironically dark humor.

Oh, it wasn't the 'bright light supremacism' that rubbed me wrong. Just that you had to take it to the OOC. Next time if you have a complaint do what the GM suggested and keep it in the PM's before they have to suggest it. ^_^

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Made a post thing, not the best considering I did it from my phone after getting off of work and I am not always an eloquent man.

But I think it'll do.

Alright. I posted in response as the creature. You guys are more than welcome to return fire or wait for the end of the turn. I will not dictate what you do, whatever seems natural for the character. ^^

Also, consider the creature's knowledge as GM knowledge. I write the character's names so you guys aren't confused as to what is happening. That does not mean they know who they are or what they do. This is to help you place your own character and their interactions. I promise you, the enemy is not meta gaming.

Well, one of the throwing mediums hit, so it's time to get this party started! I'll probably post again this round, though I'll wait for some others to get in on the scene and do their actions first.

Also, if anyone's ever up for a collab, just hook me up with a PM and I'll set up a titanpad~. I can imagine some pretty epic tag-team combos done with Core Magic and some of the other characters' powers, hehe.

Oh, also, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Lakkta's probably going to get hit by a couple of quills after the thing shot them everywhere. How good are they at penetrating armour, such as Lakkta's thick cloth/leather attire? Just so I can describe how deep the wound is.

Well, I'm about to have Toran try to end the fight right now since he's being charged at.

@Jakers - I'm game for collaboration any time, but not sure what will and wont work with my phone. Since I don't have net at home, that's where I'll be posting from most of the time. If you ever want to include me in a thing though, send me a PM and we'll figure it out. Same goes for anyone else. I'm about to read over the most recent posts and write up my own tonight. I meant to do it yesterday, but was distracted with a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.