NO DOMINION | Dark Fantasy Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
SECOND QUESTION:
Pick another character from the Sign-Ups roster. You can discuss this with them or not. Inevitably detail me your night out with them.
I think Vando would respond the same to just about any of the other characters. See how he many drinks he wouldn't have to pay for, get drunk and in trouble with another patron, blame it on the other person with him and then get them out of the situation and blame the patron he angered for starting it and not himself.

Then turning into an owl claiming he has "somewhere to be but thanks for the good time, maybe again sometime minus the bar-fight wink wink nudge nudge."

I think Vando would respond the same to just about any of the other characters. See how he many drinks he wouldn't have to pay for, get drunk and in trouble with another patron, blame it on the other person with him and then get them out of the situation and blame the patron he angered for starting it and not himself.

Then turning into an owl claiming he has "somewhere to be but thanks for the good time, maybe again sometime minus the bar-fight wink wink nudge nudge."
Oh, he's gonna be real popular

Saree: "Mistress, it is getting late, shouldn't we head back already?"
Claudia: "Lighten up, Saree! Live!"
Saree: "I won't be living for long if we get caught, mistress."

BONUS: I can see Saree proceeding telling Claudia that the nightsky is created by pulling a blanket over the world and that the stars and the moon are rays of light from the actual sky ("we call it day") peeking through the holes of the blanket. XD

Or some other lie that she would believe from him. Haha.
OMG this is perfect. Especially the bonus because she would totally believe that. She'd be like "So who pulls the blanket over the world?" All curious and stuff. You little sneaky Saree you xD. I can't wait to see them in action xD Lol let's give a hand for this dynamic duo <3

request-five.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Being the tactful woman that she is, and being able to cheat through the wonderful gift of empathic powers, Olayne would likely have more than one way to approach the rest of the cast.

Aolan and Vando: A night on the town - with as many drinks provided for Olayne's counterpart as they can stomach - with her drinking lightly, well within the limits of what wouldn't impair her reasoning too much. She partakes of whatever drunken buffoonery the other gets down to, if only to keep incidents from escalating too far. Her light drinking gives her a distinctly unfair advantage in any ensuing bar brawls. She proves to have a rather mean left hook.

With Aolan, however, she drinks more to wet her throat, as she speaks of her time and experience as a bounty hunter herself, speaking of lives taken, and mentioning, somewhat absently, near the end of their time together, how she's sworn off the taking of lives, beyond the ultimately necessary, a somewhat dour note to end on, but she pays for the drinks as an apology.

Renvar: A quiet, respectable dinner, neither splurging nor scrimping on the food and drink for the exchange. She listens intently and asks after the nature of his work, the depth of his studies and his position as a consultant. Olayne shares a mere handful of her experiences in the criminal underworld, noting more than one mysterious death that she's seemingly been witness to.

The evening goes well, as the pair undoubtedly learn a great deal from each other - her from his scientific study of the body, and he from her practical application of his theories on the field of battle, and in the darker corners of the earth. Parting farewells promise a repeat of the evening, and the putting of theories to practice.

Rhi'ihs: A night out on the prowl, armed with spear and bow. Undoubtedly a light catch, nothing spectacular to write home about, but a worthy competition nontheless. And of course, nothing is more satisfying than consuming the fruits of one's labour. Over a small campfire, stories are shared, and both gain insight into the paths that lead them to the army, to this particular way of life. Of course, Olayne's is but one of many, readily practiced, oft-repeated lies that comes off naturally, and almost seems to be true in its own way. Who knows what ghost the tale she spins truly belonged to. Perhaps one of many threads of life that she's seen the end of.

Saree Nett: A game of chess - a clash of wits, as she seems uncannily aware of the youth's wily ways and devious mind. Regardless of the victor, a deeper insight of the other is gained, if he even has the patience to see the game through to its end. Olayne proves to know the Ma'archy reasonably well, and is seemingly rather critical of their ways, but proves neither too harsh, nor too forgiving in her assessment. Of course, a bottle of wine is gifted to the young man upon their parting - as compensation to his mistress for having stolen him away - Olayne seems to find it ironic even as she relinquishes the tribute.

Claudia Cardinale: Undoubtedly noting her bearing, dress and manner - Claudia is treated to one of the leisures of the wealthy and highborn. The finest horses in the regiment are released from their stables and treated to an afternoon of riding through the wilderness, perhaps interspaced with a bit of racing, as Olayne would've undoubtedly provoked and prodded at the ma'archy's competitive streak, and pride. A moment of rest beside a picturesque pond to water the horses, where Olayne shares a tale involving a magical sword, held by an enchanted maiden at the bottom of a lake. She admits that she's already tested the particular lake they were at, but leaves the existence of a magical sword ambiguous. She does have a very fine weapon sheathed close at hand, come to think...

Upon their return to camp, the horses are stabled, and pleasant farewells are exchanged. Upon rejoining with Saree Nett, Claudia finds that a bottle of wine has been provided for their enjoyment, as thanks for the pleasant afternoon.

Lakkta Iosapp: Away from the bustle of cities or garrisons, Olayne immerses herself in music - playing melodies learned over decades of travel and experience, filling the silence between the pair with song. She shares an anecdote at the end of each song - an ironic tale of a would-be hero full of bluster meeting an untimely end, the inner-struggle of a dying man to mend the bonds between his sons as he splits his wealth among them, or just a fairy-tale about a loaf of bread that ran away.

Not much is said, but comfort may well have been found in their time. A promise of song and tales is offered, should the other wish it, before their paths diverge once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saree Nett: A game of chess - a clash of wits, as she seems uncannily aware of the youth's wily ways and devious mind. Regardless of the victor, a deeper insight of the other is gained, if he even has the patience to see the game through to its end. Olayne proves to know the Ma'archy reasonably well, and is seemingly rather critical of their ways, but proves neither too harsh, nor too forgiving in her assessment. Of course, a bottle of wine is gifted to the young man upon their parting - as compensation to his mistress for having stolen him away - Olayne seems to find it ironic even as she relinquishes the tribute.
It would be quite the feat for Olayne to grab Saree's attention, for if he isn't fussing over Claudia he will be spending his leisurely time studying, or training instead. He would most likely not pay any attention to her due to the Ma'archy proud and arrogant nature either. So, unless they have some amiable relationship, forged through perhaps training together, and Olayne gaining Saree's respect, he wouldn't think about reserving time to play chess with anyone.

Haha, sorry to be raining down your parade after all the time you put into writing out a scenario. I certainly like it, don't get me wrong. It is just not in my character's nature to do such. However, I'm more than willing to change that if you want to discuss a relationship of sorts between Saree and Olayne. Though, I also read in your application that Olayne has only been in the army for a year, so not that long. Given the age Saree has I don't imagine him to be in the army for very long either, but that I need to discuss with @Misaou. All in all, I'm open for a discussion, so I will leave it to your decision.

Lakkta Iosapp: Away from the bustle of cities or garrisons, Olayne immerses herself in music - playing melodies learned over decades of travel and experience, filling the silence between the pair with song. She shares an anecdote at the end of each song - an ironic tale of a would-be hero full of bluster meeting an untimely end, the inner-struggle of a dying man to mend the bonds between his sons as he splits his wealth among them, or just a fairy-tale about a loaf of bread that ran away.

Not much is said, but comfort may well have been found in their time. A promise of song and tales is offered, should the other wish it, before their paths diverge once again.
Lakkta would mostly tag along to this sort of thing to be polite, but Olayne might hear Lakkta's timid voice quietly humming along to her song now and again. The experience of being sung to would be very confusing to Lakkta, and she'd mostly be thinking (...What is happening...), yet, she finds herself enjoying music. Jaibred rarely get to experience musical feats below ground, so when they hear it above ground, it's a pleasantly weird experience.

Lakkta would listen to the stories, quite intrigued by some, extremely confused by others. Nonetheless, she found the experience pleasant - if not a little bizarre - and may in time have the courage to ask Olayne to teach her a few things about melee combat. Even if the singing was very strange... Lakkta supposed she wouldn't mind hearing it again...

Reactions: Firewombat
10/10 Olayne suave as heck.
Lol, pretty much. :P
Renvar: A quiet, respectable dinner, neither splurging nor scrimping on the food and drink for the exchange. She listens intently and asks after the nature of his work, the depth of his studies and his position as a consultant. Olayne shares a mere handful of her experiences in the criminal underworld, noting more than one mysterious death that she's seemingly been witness to.

The evening goes well, as the pair undoubtedly learn a great deal from each other - her from his scientific study of the body, and he from her practical application of his theories on the field of battle, and in the darker corners of the earth. Parting farewells promise a repeat of the evening, and the putting of theories to practice.
Afterwards, as they go their separate ways, Renvar was struck by the realization that he actually did have a good night out. Most of his nights out turn out to be awkward and, on his part, rather quiet. Not many people are interested in what he has to say outside of work, and so finding someone with whom he could converse freely was... odd, and not at all what he was used to.

His night with Lakkta and Aolan (@Jakers and @O|NoSoul) went exactly how he predicted. He didn't blame them for forgetting entirely that he was there. They hardly noticed his presence (or just chose not to), either ignoring his one or two feeble attempts to start conversation or simply didn't hear them. Renvar didn't mind, he was used to such treatment, and for the most part, preferred the presence of his own thoughts over social interaction. As the two of them silently got drunk at the bar, Renvar sat at a table alone and spent his time reading and annotating a medical text he fortuitously brought with him. After a while he grew tired of work and began idly speculating towards Lakkta's race. The fact that he never shows his face or skin suggests a possible aversion to sunlight, which is a rather common Groundborne trait, so... possibly Pthumerian, or it could hide some form of bizarre or atypical growth or deformity, like a Celemissar. After he ran out of hypotheses, he spent the rest of his time letting his mind wander, occasionally pulling out a small notebook and jotting down some notes. He left not long after that, wondering to himself why he even went in the first place.

As for everyone else, he generally avoids them outside work. He has little in common with Rhi'Ihs, the two Ma'Archy are too haughty for his taste, and Vando makes him uneasy, as he reminds him of his 'Attendants' during his youth who were there to keep his powers in check. Renvar had few happy memories of that time, and unconsciously associates them with Vando, probably because of his incredible anxiety back then that he'd be hunted down by someone like him if he couldn't control his powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
@WishfulNemo

Ay, don't sweat it - I was asked to give a scenario about how Olayne would approach a character for a night out - and given that she'd know practically nothing at all about the rest of the cast, she just goes with what her gut tells her, after maybe some very brief interactions. And her idea of a day/afternoon/night out doesn't tend to involve practice or training.

It's also good to note that I pretty much approached these as a ''what-if'' kind of scenario, not really bound to a single continuity, not necessarily ''canon'' as it were. Which is probably why some of them fall flat.

Basically I'm saying that you can't win 'em all! But if nothing else, I suppose her having a reputation for being a remarkable swordsman might be the one thing, if any, to draw a prideful ma'archy's attention.

I'm so sorry for not being around the past couple of days. GM failure. Throw me to the hounds.

This holiday ended up being a bit more insane than I thought it would be! Between work, travelling, and a death in the family. Anyway, the starting post will be up tomorrow. And I'll also get to responding to all this OOC wonderfulness. XD

Oh geez, holidays are already more than enough of a reason for delays and what not.

Take however long you need, but thanks for the heads up anyways. Sorry to hear about your loss.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Oh gods, this is why I hate work... This is the first time this week I've not been dead in the water tired... I suppose I should at least answer the questions, better late than never!
TODAY'S QUESTION:

IF YOUR CHARACTER WAS STRANDED ON AN DESOLATE ISLAND WHAT ARE THREE THINGS THEY WOULD BRING?
Please keep those three things within this world (i.e. no TV, Wifi, Random Boats, Phones, Etc.)
Hmm, probably a knife or dagger (even though they're not the best at using one), some sort of fire starting kit and their satchel of "Essential Herbs for the Not Dead". The dagger and kit are pretty obvious and the satchel contains basic medical herbs, most of them counteract most poisons or sooth minor injuries.
SECOND QUESTION:
Pick another character from the Sign-Ups roster. You can discuss this with them or not. Inevitably detail me your night out with them.
Keren wouldn't really initiate any sort of outing with the others, not because they're stuck up or hate the others, they just think that they themselves aren't good enough right now to attempt to make any sort of friends. Coupled with the Ke'rata idea of making friends, through being grouped by the Head Archivist and only allowed to interact with the others in their group, Keren's pretty ill equipped to handle social interactions outside of their race.

If one did manage to get them out and about, expect them to be pretty awkward for the most part, head ducked and ears flicking back and forth. A quiet evening would be their ideal, with little conversation on their part and a lot of alcohol consumption. Though Keren could easily be pulled into a conversation about plants or family.

Holiday times can be rough on you, it's sadly not all sunshine and rainbows. Yes, even on Jesus Day.

That said - campaign hype! Let's get this show on the road!

@SanguineCetus @O|NoSoul @Grothnor @LVL1337N00B @WishfulNemo @Misaou @Jakers @Firewombat @Whisket @Zombehs

As the update said, the RP is open. It is pretty heavy on the exposition... which I apologize for. Your posts do not have to be long. I don't expect a novel written. All I ask is that you get your character to the church to save your cat herder.

YOU HAVE UNTIL JAN 4TH TO GET A POST UP. IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED BY THEN, WE WILL MOVE WITHOUT YOU. THEMS THE BREAKS.

I'm giving you an extra day since I didn't get this post up super fast. But I'll try to post during the weekend so you can kickstart your own posts. I don't know about you, but I get really busy during the week.

ANOTHER THING: Please remember, no auto-hitting the creature. Propose your attack in your post and I'll respond accordingly. This means I'll probably make a lot of small posts. I'm doing this DnD style in hopes of avoiding disjointed battle. Now, if you want to hit in tandem with another character... that's fine. Just write your post after theirs... just make sure that it is alright. I'm not going to police you heavily on this as I want you to have fun. But don't step someone else's toes. If this system starts to not work, I'll just lump all the action together in the weekly post. I want to avoid that, really... but I also want to keep confusion down to a minimum.

The weekly post will be the death of the creature and getting your assignment. Consider every weekly post a plot movement and the little attack posts I do in the middle to be fight related only.

If you have any questions. Let me know.

Also, if you've been enjoying the questions and you would like me to keep them up (once a week... of course...), let me know about that too.

Reactions: Jakers
Alright, let's get things rolling!

For all of you who might be interested, my skype handle is ''lavernius''. Any and all are welcomed by myself to add me if they like, so that jolly co-operation is made effortless.

I gotta go to bed now and tomorrow I'll be away from technology for most of the day, so expect my post in somewhere around 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.