~Night~ & ~Day~ [OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Which banner would you prefer to see in the IC?

• The purple-y one here

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The green-ish one on the Lore Thread

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Neither, I don't want to stare at an ugly banner thing

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlighter

Consider this the hint of the century
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi

[BCOLOR=transparent]
fMmBL1S.png
[/BCOLOR]
Humans avoid the mountains. No one will go there anymore. Whispers of ghosts that haunt the day and terrors that rule the night keep children away, and bid caution to their elders. Between mount Sirasa to the north, and Cavatara to the south, a lake lies, silent and still in the cold of winter, raging and fierce in the spring rains, warm and gentle in summer and autumn. The sole border between worlds as different as night and day.

Two kingdoms of elves dwell on either side of the lake, removed from the rest of the world, invisible and unnoticed to all but each other. A world within a world, untouched for centuries by humans. It is these that give rise to tales and rumors, which through the years have retained more truth than may be expected.

On the slopes of Sirasa dwell the elves of fairy tales, wishes and dreams, hopes and cheerful songs. Tall and slim of stature, they are made of delicate beauty, skin as pale as glowing pearls and hair that mixes well with sunshine. Cheer and laughter flow in rivers from their homes. Quiet, gentle, peaceful… just like day. To them is given the power of light, to strengthen it, create it, change it. Most can even make one colour fade and grow into another. They belong to the Realm of Day.

In opposition lies Cavatara, home of the elves that rule at midnight, and walk in the dark of moonshadows. The hunters, the warriors, cold, dark and fierce; while alike in skin and stature to their enemies, their similarities end there. With hair as dark as the night they walk in, they are serious and logical of manner. To those who walk in shadows belongs the command of such shadows, an ability to bend and reshape them, to increase the thickness of a wavering spectre, to make them vanish altogether. They belong to the Realm of Night.

To which do you belong - the Night, or the Day? Or perhaps… to neither?

In a more troublesome era than has been seen in a lifetime or more, where loyalty to home and hate of that which is not is more vital than ever before, the answer of this one question has never been of such great importance.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Relations between the two Clans have never been particularly amiable. But over the last few months, things have begun to strain even more. Border trespasses have increased, reports of Nights hunting in the Day Realm, strange taunts left to antagonize one another. Several instances of elves from opposing Clans bumping into each other and having brawls - once a rare occurrence - has become semi-frequent of late.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And, not a week ago, a diplomatically immune Night Messenger mysteriously died in Day territory, with evidence that he did not travel there of free will.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Queen of Night has heard enough excuses from the Day Realm. She will offer one last chance for peace… or there will be war.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]----[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], my dear fellows to the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Night & Day OOC. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]We also have Discord , woohoo! If you have a quick question, Discord is probably the faster way to get an answer out of me, and a good way to just chill and hang out. Feel free to ask questions (I don't [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]always[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] bite), toss ideas around, or just chit-chat, I ain't picky. :8 Last but not least, the plot is in a state of expansion and not all the nitty-gritty details have been finalized [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]just[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] yet. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Just a few quick things that you [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]could[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] call rules: [/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Collaboration is awesome and encouraged and all that great stuff, so if you have ideas feel free to mention them! [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]That being said, I won't necessarily be able to use them all, and they may need to change to suit certain aspects of the plot or setting. Ultimately I will make those decisions as best I can (and I solemnly swear that I will do my best not to be a jerk in the process XD). Please do not assume that all ideas you give me/everything we discuss will be approved. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Updates are a thing that will probably happen; I have comfort blankets if change scares you[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]This may be a no-brainer, but try your best to use common sense and manners. I don't want to see people being rude to each other, or forcing the plot to move in a direction that is inconsiderate of other players and their characters[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]The most important thing for all of you to remember is to [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]have as much ridiculous fun as you possibly can.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] That's the entire point of all this, so if it's no longer fun, then we gotta problem, Houston. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • In terms of posting expectations, I would like to see the following: No less than three paragraphs per post, a minimum of one post a week, and an Intermediate or above writing level

[BCOLOR=transparent]And that's all for now, folks…[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
First haha. Hello I'm here :-3

Queen of the Night , is that a role I could possibly take up?

This isn't YouTube, dear. :D *quietly snickers in a corner*
Queen of the Night , is that a role I could possibly take up?
Yes, you most certainly may! I shall update the things to reflect your claim. Speaking of updates, I also added posting expectations (here ^^) and a rather important field in the CS that I somehow managed to forget. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Aw shucks, beat me to it! XD

Anyway:
1. Are messengers neutral?
2. I think this was answered but how many characters can one person have?
3. Will the "Appearance" section in the CS be a description or an image?
4. Can a person be an ex-Vigil/Palace guard?
5. What's the climate in Sirasa and in Cavatara? Do both places have four seasons? Is the lake the only body of water there?
6. If the lake is Neutral, do Neutral individuals live by the lake?

Sorry for all the questions. I just have ideas and I don't want to go beyond this cool world while cooking up my currently half-baked character. m(_ _)m

Oh and:
Queen of the Night
I wanted to play a relative of the Queen. Is this possible? If not, I could be related to the Day royals instead.
If not, I wanted to be a messenger or a shopkeeper (haven't chosen a side yet).

I'll likely be making a day elf - either a dancer or a herbalist.

Banana-senpai said:
1. Are messengers neutral?
No. Messengers are aligned to the Clan of their birth, but they do have a diplomatic immunity of sorts; they're allowed to enter the opposing Clan's territory as long as they have just cause.
Banana-senpai said:
2. I think this was answered but how many characters can one person have?
As many characters as they wish. :)
Banana-senpai said:
3. Will the "Appearance" section in the CS be a description or an image?
I have no preference; whichever you would rather use. However, I'm not a huge fan of anime/manga for character images.
Banana-senpai said:
4. Can a person be an ex-Vigil/Palace guard?
Yes, that would be perfectly fine. I'm quite curious to see what kind of a backstory would accompany that, actually.
5. What's the climate in Sirasa and in Cavatara? Do both places have four seasons?
Starlighter said:
A lake lies silent and still in the cold of winter, raging and fierce in the spring rains, warm and gentle in summer and autumn.
Yes, they both experience four seasons; winter and spring are both fairly extreme, with a lot of snow and freezing wind in winter, and most of spring is rainy, foggy, and generally a kind of miserable damp. Summer and fall are both fairly mild and pleasant, with little to no rain or drastically fluctuating temperatures.

Banana-senpai said:
Is the lake the only body of water there?
It's the only large body of water. There are streams and ponds here and there, though.
Banana-senpai said:
6. If the lake is Neutral, do Neutral individuals live by the lake?
They wouldn't necessarily have to, but it would be a smart choice as it's the least likely spot for them to get killed on sight. This would probably depend a lot on their backstory and how/why they ended up neutral.

Banana-senpai said:
Sorry for all the questions. I just have ideas and I don't want to go beyond this cool world while cooking up my currently half-baked character. m(_ _)m

Oh and:

I wanted to play a relative of the Queen. Is this possible? If not, I could be related to the Day royals instead.
If not, I wanted to be a messenger or a shopkeeper (haven't chosen a side yet).
No no, questions are wonderful things! On the subject of playing a relative of the Queen, that would be fine, though don't forget that @Shayla will get to have her say due to the fact that it would affect her character and such.
I'll likely be making a day elf - either a dancer or a herbalist.
Ooooh, interesting. I'm quite curious to see what you come up with!

Just a random thing, it would be most useful if you guys would respond to the poll in the Lore Thread sooner rather than later. If we're going to have the use of magic be a common thing open to most characters, then I'll need to know so that I can finish fleshing out the system; that way it's there as an option when you're making your characters.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I'm so in on this. I've been thinking of also, making a day elf. Most likely going to be the daughter of a farmer or Musician.

I'm so in on this. I've been thinking of also, making a day elf. Most likely going to be the daughter of a farmer or Musician.
Awesome, glad to have you aboard! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Is it cool if I join? Also how many characters can we have??

If possible may I reserve the King of Day spot?
I had someone PM me asking about that last night, unfortunately. I don't have 100% confirmation that they're taking it yet though, as they mentioned some other possibilities. If they decide not to take it, I will let you know ASAP, but it's not likely :(

Is it cool if I join? Also how many characters can we have??
The more the merrier! You may have as many characters as you like.

How meny people we have? I might not be able to do this if their are more then 4-5 people.

Can a Night elf be trained as a Vigil but, say, they ran away after a few years? Is that possible?

Also, is there a minimum age for the characters?

How old is the night queen? I was wondering if I could play her daughter?

Will be joining as a day messenger :>. Sign up sheet will be up at some point <3

How meny people we have? I might not be able to do this if their are more then 4-5 people.
Counting myself.... 13, I think? Somewhere between 10 - 14. Just out of curiosity, why would that be an issue? I know you mentioned something about preferring around 5 players, but I didn't realize that you wouldn't be able to participate if we had more than that...
I might join! This sounds cool.
Can a Night elf be trained as a Vigil but, say, they ran away after a few years? Is that possible?

Also, is there a minimum age for the characters?
Glad to hear that you're interested!

Yes, I suppose that's possible. But if by 'run away' you mean that they deserted/didn't go through the proper channels to leave, then they would be killed on sight if found.

No, there is not a minimum age. Do bear in mind though that if you're playing a child and/or younger character, they will be treated as such IC unless there's a reason not to.

How old is the night queen? I was wondering if I could play her daughter?
That would be a better question for @Shayla to answer. As for your second query, I have no objection; but again you might want to clear it with @Shayla
Sorry about that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.