~Night~ & ~Day~ [OOC]

Which banner would you prefer to see in the IC?

• The purple-y one here

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The green-ish one on the Lore Thread

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Neither, I don't want to stare at an ugly banner thing

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting myself.... 13, I think? Somewhere between 10 - 14. Just out of curiosity, why would that be an issue? I know you mentioned something about preferring around 5 players, but I didn't realize that you wouldn't be able to participate if we had more than that...
It's mainly that I am not comfortable with the amount of people RPing at once. I will have to pay extra attention to each post, and make sure I reply extra hard, I wouldn't want to drop in the middle of it for being overwhelmed so. I actually prefer 1x1s to be fair or some group RPs. These big ones aren't my thing.

It's mainly that I am not comfortable with the amount of people RPing at once. I will have to pay extra attention to each post, and make sure I reply extra hard, I wouldn't want to drop in the middle of it for being overwhelmed so. I actually prefer 1x1s to be fair or some group RPs. These big ones aren't my thing.
If that's not your thing or it's a bit too far outside of your comfort zone I totally get it. It can get trippy to keep track of so much going on at once, so I can definitely see where you're coming from. But this RP is designed to function around a fairly large group, and with the amount of interest we've had, it wouldn't really be fair to close it to over half the people contributing. I'd really love it if you feel that you would like to continue and give it a go, but I also understand if you would prefer not to.

If that's not your thing or it's a bit too far outside of your comfort zone I totally get it. It can get trippy to keep track of so much going on at once, so I can definitely see where you're coming from. But this RP is designed to function around a fairly large group, and with the amount of interest we've had, it wouldn't really be fair to close it to over half the people contributing. I'd really love it if you feel that you would like to continue and give it a go, but I also understand if you would prefer not to.
We could try I guess. I will PM with a idea that might help in this.

I made a character! :)
It's looking good so far, can't wait to see the completed sheet. :) @Lulunopia @Neko_Green you guys are looking pretty nifty so far too, really looking forward to seeing the finished product from both of you!
Welp, this is my first character on Iwaku. I have been in RPs before, but people here seem to be a lot more extensive with character sheets...XD
Also, I like keeping a lot of personality stuff TBRP'd, so I hope that's okay!
As long as you have enough information to give me a general idea then that should be fine. You can also update that section as the story progresses and your character develops, if you want.

If possible may I reserve the King of Day spot?
You're in luck, my friend! The role is available again, and yours if you still want it. :D

• Love
Reactions: Lulunopia
I think it's safe to say that there's enough support for having magic that I may as well introduce it. :) I'll be hoping to add the nuts and bolts into the Lore thread within the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

I think it's safe to say that there's enough support for having magic that I may as well introduce it. :) I'll be hoping to add the nuts and bolts into the Lore thread within the next couple of days, so stay tuned!
Thank you! I'll wait for this before finishing my characters.

Reactions: Starlighter
@Neko_Green You mention that Eval has enchanted weapons, but don't specify exactly how magic has been used to affect them, so I was a bit curious about that. Otherwise she looks all good. :)

@Banana-senpai P'llaq looks good to me, so unless you're planning to modify his CS when the magic stuffs get rolled out, consider him accepted!

@Neko_Green You mention that Eval has enchanted weapons, but don't specify exactly how magic has been used to affect them, so I was a bit curious about that. Otherwise she looks all good. :)
I think I said somewhere is there that the gems she uses allow her to use fire like magic. So I would guess her enchanted weapons would be fire related.

P'llaq looks good to me, so unless you're planning to modify his CS when the magic stuffs get rolled out, consider him accepted!
Thank you! I'll finish the sample soon!
It's mostly for P'llaq's brother, the tentative character. But P'llaq is supposed to be smart so I gotta keep up with all the lore you're putting out, too!
Besides, I love this universe you made.

I think I said somewhere is there that the gems she uses allow her to use fire like magic. So I would guess her enchanted weapons would be fire related.
KK. That's what figured, just thought I'd check and make sure. Consider Eval approved. :D

Thank you! I'll finish the sample soon!
It's mostly for P'llaq's brother, the tentative character. But P'llaq is supposed to be smart so I gotta keep up with all the lore you're putting out, too!
Besides, I love this universe you made.
XD Well I'll try not to flood you with too much info to keep up with, then.
Awww, thank you. :) You're now my current favourite person in this RP.

o.... According to the stone rarity chart...

Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Diamond

Forest magic, emeralds being green, is rarest of all Magics for elves or is green water?

Ruby would be fire magic?

Sapphire would be air magics?

Diamonds would be mind affecting and then what would Earth be, citrine or amber?

Magic has been added to the Lore Thread!
Can we make Ol' Crazy Pi a stone analyst? Doesn't use the magic, just appraises stones. He's not gonna be an expert, but it's in line with the things he studies so he knows things.
He just knows things like the old creep weirdo scholar he is.

o.... According to the stone rarity chart...

Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire
Diamond

Forest magic, emeralds being green, is rarest of all Magics for elves or is green water?

Ruby would be fire magic?

Sapphire would be air magics?

Diamonds would be mind affecting and then what would Earth be, citrine or amber?
The chart isn't necessarily indicative of rarity, it's moreso assigned value - for all anyone knows green could be the most common colour among magic stones. Green wouldn't be very likely to have water properties; that would be blue.

Yup, blue could have air qualities, as well as water, and anything else associated with that colour.

Mind and anything else not generally associated with red blue or green, like levitation, telekinesis, or magnetism.

Red would be quite likely to have fire properties, yes. It wouldn't be limited exclusively to that, though. Since blood is red and linked to regeneration, you could probably do some healing with a flawless, incredibly smooth stone.

Earth powers would be a bit trickier than that. Since citrine and amber aren't in demand, it would be hard to get them and they would cost more than they're worth if the magic didn't work as intended. Theoretically a green or red stone might have the right impurities to allow earth magic (such as a brown vein in red or a green with muddy/earthy texture). You could also probably get earthquakes indirectly via vibrations/shockwaves from a clear stone.

So to sum up, none of the stones are linked exclusively to a specific element, and depending on their impurities/differences from normal stones they allow for quite a bit of variation.

Hopefully that answers your questions? XD

Can we make Ol' Crazy Pi a stone analyst? Doesn't use the magic, just appraises stones. He's not gonna be an expert, but it's in line with the things he studies so he knows things.
He just knows things like the old creep weirdo scholar he is.
Eh, sure why not. Might come in handy to have someone with a bit of know-how in that department.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Status
Not open for further replies.