New ratings system

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute... Negative ratings are gone.

Why do we still have the green bar on our profiles?
That thing is forever going to be fully green.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Wait a minute... Negative ratings are gone.

Why do we still have the green bar on our profiles?
That thing is forever going to be fully green.
I brought that up too o.O Yes. It will be forever green.

Ugh, anime.

• Useful
Reactions: Ser K+
This thread makes me want negative ratings now more than ever. I just want to smite the new system. So you know, I'll just bring on the negativity to make up for it. I feel like the useful button is redundant, the rainbow is unnecessary, and so is the facehugger. In fact, if we are removing the negative points system, why don't we remove the positive ones? In fact, since things need to be addressed in text as to why you don't agree with someone rather than just pressing a button and not starting a debate, why don't we make people post why they like or agree with things, too?

Negative ratings were a way of telling someone you disagreed with them without getting into any sort of argument. I imagine we'll get down to a lot of last words situations now. Maybe instead of removing the ratings, we could ask people to not petty, or maybe even grow a spine! Sadly, that isn't possible.

To those of you who are and have been posting randumb shit for the past two pages, take it somewhere else. This is a debate thread, not your personal chat, and you are de-railing it.

Iwaku now:
472383_170x100.png

I'm not taking any of you seriously anymore. ^^

rant over/

I feel much better now.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
To those of you who are and have been posting randumb shit for the past two pages, take it somewhere else. This is a debate thread, not your personal chat, and you are de-railing it.
Making it a debate thread was just so that anyone who wanted to go debate mode would feel free to do so. It wasn't entirely serious from the start, as you might have noticed from my sarcastic questions in the first post. Clearly the participants prefer nonsense to debate, and that's fine by me.

Also, you obviously need a hug. I've rated your post to reflect this fact. :bsmile:

Making it a debate thread was just so that anyone who wanted to go debate mode would feel free to do so. It wasn't entirely serious from the start, as you might have noticed from my sarcastic questions in the first post. Clearly the participants prefer nonsense to debate, and that's fine by me.

Also, you obviously need a hug. I've rated your post to reflect this fact. :bsmile:
OMG! Even Jorick is giving hugs! I think the world is about to end!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I find the 'You Need a Hug' rating more condescending than comforting.

I love it.

I was about to rate @Mako's post with a bucketful of rainbows as a sort of "calm down, this is just lighthearted fun", but then I remembered I'm supposed to be against the rainbows and must resist the urge.

but I do swear to never use the wrench
That's a line I shall never cross.

• Useful
Reactions: Ser K+
I don't always use post ratings to be a condescending fuckfence, but when I do... 8D

Stop giving me hugs!! I know my post was uncharacteristically butt-like, but I'm grumpy! Iwaku is a lesser place without those ratings! Rip in peace negative ratings! I will miss you ; ^;

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jorick
Truthfully, I never saw a point to the negative ratings other than the 'No, just no' one.

Truthfully, I never saw a point to the negative ratings other than the 'No, just no' one.

Same here. If you had to smite something, you'd probably be better off reporting it, and Dislike is just way too ambiguous. Do I dislike your post? If you post a sad story, do I dislike that you posted it or dislike that it happened?

But No Just No was great.

Reactions: Torsty
Maybe instead of removing the ratings, we could ask people to not petty, or maybe even grow a spine! Sadly, that isn't possible.
Weren't you the one that smited me for not liking a certain fire emblem character? :silly:

Weren't you the one that smited me for not liking a certain fire emblem character? :silly:
I did not smite. I disliked~ But I still wholeheartedly disagree with your views on Emmeryn. ^^

I did not smite. I disliked~ But I still wholeheartedly disagree with your views on Emmeryn. ^^
I distinctly remember getting a smite and it contributing to my negative rating total. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.