New ratings system

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole "Who can be the most hated" thing strikes me as a bandwagon people join to establish an image that they don't care what people think. To me the only time negative ratings were ever called for was when someone was being an unnecessarily mean, rude, or just trolling. In the end It all turns into a 'who can be the biggest asshole' competition which is frankly immature and corrosive to the community. Not to imply having negative ratings made anyone bad, but people who took pride in it are cancer.

So be glad you didn't join the bandwagon. Being mean to be cool is a behavior best left behind in middle school.

There were some people intentionally trying to get negative ratings as a competition.
So I'm not sure if I'd call the behaviour dickish but rather abusive of the system.

I'll admit, I was tempted to join the "who can be most hated?" game myself.
But I knew carrying that amount of negative ratings also held the side effect of people peeking at it, and getting the false first impression of "This person is a trouble maker and unlikeable" if I did that.
Not worth it to simply to be part of a rating game.
But yeah, you're right. People who dished out the negative ratings and abusive the system is a different beast all together.

I wasn't going to start being an asshole for it.
If I did get involved it was going to be stuff like the nasty position threads that get the "No just No" ratings.

I wasn't going to start being an asshole for it.
If I did get involved it was going to be stuff like the nasty position threads that get the "No just No" ratings.
Oh, well I was talking more about the people who 'Earned' it then bragged about it.

To be fair, enough people tend to dislike me that I would have probably accumulated a decent amount anyways.
But I don't actually go out of my way to be an ass, or even try to be an ass. Some people just tend to not get along with me well.

... No Diana, you can't ban everyone ):
-talks to the air as she came too late for the party-

Stop being so negative and be rainbows!

tumblr_nh3npqPgIU1sh2wd1o1_500.gif

WE ARE VERY SERIOUS ADMINS WITH VERY SERIOUS FEELINGS. >:[

EVEN SERIOUS PEOPLE CAN RAINBOW >:C

Reactions: chainedfiction
Status
Not open for further replies.