New ratings system

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that threads like this pop up questioning every decision we ever make disappoints me.

Ban them all.

It shows that we care about the work you guys do. If we just ignored all the changes, what would there be to motivate you to make them in the first place?

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How does using the rating system mean we lack faith in our admins? o.O

I think it's more that we question why the changes occur that implies we lack faith and trust with those who made the changes.
Yea probably.
But I see no reason to equate curiosity with disloyalty.

Humans are curious creatures, curiosity and asking questions is how we grow and learn.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Yea probably.
But I see no reason to equate curiosity with disloyalty.

Humans are curious creatures, curiosity and asking questions is how we grow and learn.
Which I agree upon, but here's the issue with regarding the negative category. SOME PEOPLE used it properly instead of sending a long hateful message they simply clicked a rating. SOME PEOPLE used it for trolling and vengeful purposes and because of those people we have all lost the privilege of it. The questioning occurs for why must all suffer because of a handful of idiots.

I have a feeling the 'trolling' that caused the admins to do this was Rare's ever growing collection of negative ratings.

I have a feeling the 'trolling' that caused the admins to do this was Rare's ever growing collection of negative ratings.
To be blunt, it was more one person who felt the need for vengeance and trolling. The internet is full of trolls, deal with it. The internet is full of people that can't take criticism and people disagreeing with them, deal with it. We are imperfect creatures upon a world that wishes to kill off its own kind for the stupidest of reasons. We will all die eventually so why waste time getting upset over something that someone on the web said? Grow up, move on, and enjoy the things that make you happy.

To be blunt, it was more one person who felt the need for vengeance and trolling.
No, I mean it was the negative ratings Rare was getting himself.
Not that Rare was the one spreading them.

No, I mean it was the negative ratings Rare was getting himself.
Not that Rare was the one spreading them.
I knew what you meant, I was simply saying those who were giving them out were Trolls and those who can't handle the words of others.

More than one person was using giving and receiving negative ratings and bragging rights,

And now we have hugging and rainbow rights. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ser K+
Can't say that I'm mad about this change, but the update did ruin my chances of gaining the most negative points out of all Iwaku users.

Also, I hate rainbows.

Can't say that I'm mad about this change, but the update did ruin my chances of gaining the most negative points out of all Iwaku users.
I was keeping watch of the negative list, you were no where close to a lot of people. :P

The fact that threads like this pop up questioning every decision we ever make disappoints me.

Ban them all.
It shows you don't trust us to do what we've been doing for years, run a damn site.
I just wanted to know what others thought of the changes. Seeking opinions isn't the same as questioning the management. :P

There were some people intentionally trying to get negative ratings as a competition.
So I'm not sure if I'd call the behaviour dickish but rather abusive of the system.

I'll admit, I was tempted to join the "who can be most hated?" game myself.
But I knew carrying that amount of negative ratings also held the side effect of people peeking at it, and getting the false first impression of "This person is a trouble maker and unlikeable" if I did that.
Not worth it to simply to be part of a rating game.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Status
Not open for further replies.