My daughter wants to join the site.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, I don't know how I'm going to handle being a father when, when I was in 8th grade, getting a blowjob was a big deal.

Now a days, you're a faggot if you haven't banged a half-dozen chicks.

WTFFF...
Blowjobs were a thing in Grade 8 back then? o_o

Jesus Christ, I don't know how I'm going to handle being a father when, when I was in 8th grade, getting a blowjob was a big deal.

Now a days, you're a faggot if you haven't banged a half-dozen chicks by age 12.

WTFFF...

Solution: move to the West Coast of Canada, where being homosexual is an acceptable status.

Reactions: Minibit
I didn't even know what a blow job was till I was 16....

I heard to learn what a condom was through Fable 2...

I eagerly await, yet also fear the day that I become a parent.

Solution: move to the West Coast of Canada, where being homosexual is an acceptable status.

Nonono, you misunderstand the use of faggot. It's not faggot as in, a pejorative for having the gay. It's faggot as in... "You faggot! LOLOLOL!!!11"

Nonono, you misunderstand the use of faggot. It's not faggot as in, a pejorative for having the gay. It's faggot as in... "You faggot! LOLOLOL!!!11"
I had people in High school think I was gay because I wasn't constantly flirting, hitting on or ogling girls.

Not in a "Ha! Look at this Gay loser!" sort of way, but in a "Oh Gwazi? Yea he's gay".
They didn't really care if I was gay, they just thought I was Gay when I wasn't.

I joined my first RP site when I was thirteen. It did not go well for me. I stopped role-playing for a long time because I assumed all sites were filled with only adults and/ or older teens that were rather pretty nasty. Then, almost four years later, I came across this site. I was cautious at first, saying that there are a lot of adults on here. I was surprised at how welcoming and kind everyone was. This is by far my favorite site.

How I see it is, yes there is some adult things that take place on this site, but it's not a consistent thing. From my perspective of course. Anything she will see on here is no worse than what she would hear from class-mates at school.

I say you should let her join, it's a great way for her to improve her writing and thinking skills. She will also make tons of friends on here, and will fit right in. Since you are worried about how much of your posts she'll see, I say just be a little more careful of what you say. Of course you do whatever you wish, but I think she will be perfectly fine if she joined this site. ^^

That sounds the opposite of fun....

D:
Fortunately it was before a surgery when I was in tenth grade, and not by having my throat close up in the middle of sexy time. XD

Reactions: Minibit
GOod. Good.

It could have been even worse. You might have been into latex fetishes. One hell of a way to go, wearing a gimpsuit and dying from itchyness.

That would have been an autopsy I would want to see. XD

Reactions: Lysander
"You know. Latex look really good on-"

"FUcuuussss carl. Start cutting."

"Where? She is all latex!"

"

I think she'd be safe if she joins up on Iwaku, she'd be safe from pervs or creeps because Iwaku has great staff and decent people. But in a certain way she'd be getting into your personal haven. Though it would make a kid feel nice if their parents is sharing with them... And you could bond together with similar interests.

If the opposite situation were to happen:
From a teen's perspective I wouldn't want my parent(s) joining the same site as me either. O_O I mean they don't need to see how I write or what I write, it makes me feel embarrassed.

But they're not interested in roleplaying anyway, so all's well on that front. As long as they're not pushing me to let them see what I write in my free time. It would feel like my personal haven away from RL is being invaded.

I wouldn't want my posts monitored by my parents too. Some of my views are quite different from theirs and they probably won't react well. I know them well enough to predict that.

I've been roleplaying online since I was 12; in mmo's, chat rooms, and forums. I've come across many different communities; each have their problems and benefits. To me Iwaku is the best because..
a) Awesome RP
b) Its not uptight, elitist, a stickler for unnecessary rules.
c) Its fun, funny, and insane.
b) While it is insane you can be reasonable assured that most everyone on Iwaku are caring people and wouldn't do anything too malicious.

Personally I think it is one of the best environments to "trial by fire" her in the ways of the Internet; while still having an environment that actually cares and supports each other. Plus RPing is fun & educational.

But there may be some problems with your relationship with her and it may feel like your invading her space or she's invading your space. But I don't know either of you well enough to say that with any certainty. You know yourselves better then I so you can answer that question.

I'd say let her on as long as your okay with it & don't think it will create future problems.

Btw I promise not to drive your spawn insane. I may cause minor delusions or psychosis, but not full blown insanity. You can live with that. :P

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.