My daughter wants to join the site.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
>> the ones that are, are very rare and probably getting in to some baaaad unsupervised trouble.
You mean the fun kind of trouble that my kids are forbidden to have till they're eighteen?

It all started with you being allergic to latex, Nydanna. Plus its your thread. So its doubly your fault. You can't honestly expect us not to grip on to that and things to get kinky from there. Pfft this is Iwaku.

It all started with you being allergic to latex, Nydanna.

Hey, it's not my fault the non-latex condoms aren't very effective.

Take note of that kids! The poly.... whatever the hell it's called condoms do Not work. Always have a backup plan!

Whatever they are. They don't work.

Maybe you ought to do to her like one father did to his daughter who posed as a sixteen year old online and had a relationship with an older guy. Took pictures of her in a shirt that had her age on it and posted it to her accounts.
Speaking as someone who used to be in an online relationship, that's just cruel.

I mean by all means teach people to be cautious about who they get into relationships with, especially if online.
But don't purposely fake one and fuck with their heads and hearts over it. That shit can destroy people.

It's possible she already has an account. It's easy to lie about your age and type in anything, giving her access to areas of the forum you might be posting in that would be very awkward for her to see. Anyway, usually with kids her age if she already has expressed an interest, she'll be on it or already is on it. I would let her join, especially because it'll help her nurture a hobby and develop skills which are very helpful in every part of life.

Gonna echo the "safe haven" comment. It's surprising how claustrophobic or small-world-ish sites like this can be. You will run into eachother all the time. Although it may be fun and novel for a while, after a time it's likely to be a strain to remember not to say anything inappropriate, to worry about others doing so, to check her roleplays and so on and so forth. As someone else mentioned, resentment and secrets will build up. It's like why people have locks on their rooms, or if not people knock before going in. It's not like it stops you seeing the room is messy or whatever, but it does afford you a little private space that's your own where your family aren't looking in on you. Having your daughter on here would be like leaving your bedroom door open all the time and having them not knock or ask when they come wandering in whenever they want.

I would say the whole "safe haven" argument depends on the individual parent, child and their relationship.

Some might just hit it off really well together, and may flourish being in the same community.
Other's may be more distant, and desire more privacy from another.
+Let's remember there are still PM's, differing RP's, 18+ forums etc.

I mean, I know of cases where a Parent would sit their child down and DM/teach them how to roleplay in stuff such as D&D.
If stuff like that can happen, I'm sure that there are a few cases where they can pull off being in the same forum RP community.
It's possible she already has an account. It's easy to lie about your age and type in anything, giving her access to areas of the forum you might be posting in that would be very awkward for her to see. Anyway, usually with kids her age if she already has expressed an interest, she'll be on it or already is on it. I would let her join, especially because it'll help her nurture a hobby and develop skills which are very helpful in every part of life.
Odd that this is atm your only post...
*Suspicion rising* :P

Reactions: Lysander
Well the daughters out of the bag.

Edit: False call then. XD For a second there... Wait. It's still a lot of coincidences. *watches Aidilein with suspicion*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I think we found the kid out... and she's lying about her age. :P

A female user who has only been a member for less than a week's only two post's are on this thread. The first post is in support of the daughter joining Iwaku, mentions lying about age, and about the daughter already being on Iwaku. Then she posts in confirmation to our suspicions that she is the daughter; then back pedals...

I'm smelling a conspiracy; an Iwaku conspiracy. *strokes his stubble and puts on his tinfoil detective hat*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
A female user who has only been a member for less than a week's only two post's are on this thread. The first post is in support of the daughter joining Iwaku, mentions lying about age, and about the daughter already being on Iwaku. Then she posts in confirmation to our suspicions that she is the daughter; then back pedals...

I'm smelling a conspiracy; an Iwaku conspiracy. *strokes his stubble and puts on his tinfoil detective hat*
57941046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.