Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Theo Raeken

The more Theo saw of this town, the more it reminded him of something he had encountered before. A town that seemed untouched but also in ruins. A place where nobody was, but strange things still happened and things still working and breaking despite everything. It reminded him a lot of what the Ghost Riders do back home. They took the people of an entire town and made it a literal ghost town. Maybe that was what had happened to him. He turned back to the clothing shop and saw the glass had broken. " Either we should take that as a sign to go there or to stay away from it. Hard to tell what the hell this even is., but I imagine ignoring it isn't going to make anyone feel better. I am going to see if there is anything interesting there. Worst case, I die. Best case, there is something useful there."

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Clothing Store

hqdefault.jpg

Delsin eyed the broken glass that happened almost suddenly out of nowhere.

He listened to Theo and Grell who wanted to make way in the store and decided a weapon would be nice at the time right now.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @Clothing Store

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others out of the clothing store

Oh, Joker certainly had a feeling he knew how overjoyed the doll would be at that chance. He'd been in far too many situations with similar threats being thrown his way - the only real difference at the moment was that Chucky couldn't act on it. Even if he could, it wouldn't receive much payment of the thief's mind, who simply shrugged at him. Like the woman trying to restore sanity explained, they had better things to do...

"Sounds like the guess of this place not being abandoned was right..." Joker muttered as his cat-like eyes peered at the broken glass, trying to note anything out of the ordinary movement within the shop, "Though makes you wonder, should we really investigate it? Feels like the set-up to one of those cheesy made-for-TV horror plotlines..."

Theo Raeken

The more Theo saw of this town, the more it reminded him of something he had encountered before. A town that seemed untouched but also in ruins. A place where nobody was, but strange things still happened and things still working and breaking despite everything. It reminded him a lot of what the Ghost Riders do back home. They took the people of an entire town and made it a literal ghost town. Maybe that was what had happened to him. He turned back to the clothing shop and saw the glass had broken. " Either we should take that as a sign to go there or to stay away from it. Hard to tell what the hell this even is., but I imagine ignoring it isn't going to make anyone feel better. I am going to see if there is anything interesting there. Worst case, I die. Best case, there is something useful there."

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Clothing Store

"Eep!" Grell jumped, a bit startled by the glass. "That was...oh?" A clothing store! This would be the perfect time to update her wardrobe...plus, there could be some scissors or something one can use as a weapon inside. "If we do go in there, we need to be careful. After all, none of us have our weapons..."

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others

"If we're going in there then none of us are going in alone. Strength in numbers. If there is something there then we have a better chance to fight it off."
Having said that Sherry made her way towards the entrance to the stores and pushed the door open to get a look at the area.

Maybe it has just been a freak stone that someone kicked that broke the window? Again wishful thinking. For anyone to dared enter they found a similar scene as the rest of the town. Clothes were strewn all around the floor, piece of debris and random assortment of trash littered the area.

Looking to the cash register area you could see something shiny laying on the table.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

Grell started looking through the clothes to find something fashionable in red. There had to be somethkng here, right...?

@Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Theo looked around the clothing store and all of the clothes on the floor before ultimately decided to investigate what the shiny object on the table was.

@Jeremi @Clothing Store

Grell started looking through the clothes to find something fashionable in red. There had to be somethkng here, right...?

@Jeremi

Most of what Grell found on the floor were either thorn or had some sort of undetermined black splotch on them. The only thing she found that was in red and that seemed to be in good enough shape was a tank top with the text 'Daddy's little bitch' emblazoned on the front and frills all over the place.

"...Wherever we are they sure know how to dress right."
Sherry snarked at Grell's find.

Theo Raeken

Theo looked around the clothing store and all of the clothes on the floor before ultimately decided to investigate what the shiny object on the table was.

@Jeremi @Clothing Store

As Theo drew closer he saw that it was a silver handheld mirror. It looked uncharacteristically clean compared to everything else you had seen in this town up to this point.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Clothing Store

Theo Raeken

@Jeremi @Clothing Store
Most of what Grell found on the floor were either thorn or had some sort of undetermined black splotch on them. The only thing she found that was in red and that seemed to be in good enough shape was a tank top with the text 'Daddy's little bitch' emblazoned on the front and frills all over the place.

As Theo drew closer he saw that it was a silver handheld mirror. It looked uncharacteristically clean compared to everything else you had seen in this town up to this point.

"Seems vanity was on the mind of someone recently," Joker spoke up as he came to the register as well, eyeing the mirror that Theo had found. Remarkably clean for something found in a decrepit town... "That, or we're dealing with a ghost obsessed with the cleanliness of his mirrors."

Okay, this fellow was definitely insane. That, or he really was telling the truth about his strangeness. Grell didn't really know for sure, but she certainly wasn't going to get involved. And with the masked boy and little puppet fighting about something called 'Hot Topic', Grell decided it was time to move on before her darling group of men were pulled into the abyss of insanity on display here.
74523e53045ba19e84606d0f92e6cd4c.jpg

"Sorry to interrupt this charming conversation,"
she said, not sorry at all. "But shouldn't we start exploring this little town?"

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others

The town looked like something from the 1950s. ThoughA surprising number of shops and businesses could be found on either side. A hairdresser and a cloth store could be seen on the left side of the street and on the other was a small bank and a café. You could see from the windows that the mannequins were wearing tattered clothes and the area seemed as much in disarray as the bus station.

"That was the plan...but I can't help you with that," Sherry replied. "I'm as in the dark as anyone else here. But I'll do my best to get us out of this."

As the group wandered down the boulevard and conversed they suddenly heard like the breaking of glass. Looking around the window to the clothes shop had gotten a cracked hole in it that hadn't been their earlier.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

The place in question seemed like it was messed up pretty bad since everything was on the floors and trash was thrown everywhere. Delsin looked between Grell's find and Theo's find. He walked closer to Theo's find and raised a eyebrow "A mirror? Whomever messed this place up, must be really vain. Or really doesn't give a shit about themselves referring to Grell's find on the top."

@Yun Lee, @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Everyone else in the store

Current Group Roleplays

PicsArt_10-16-12.37.35.jpg
"Ugh! What is this filth?!" The frills were cute, but who would write that on it?! You only say those types of things behind closed doors, you don't just parade around like some little tramp! Where was the mystery? Grell turned the wretched thing inside out to see if there was any way to salvage the top. It was a horrible waste of red fabric otherwise.

@Jeremi

A gruff sound of a what was likely a male clearing their throat could be heard from behind one of the clothing racks near Grell and Sherry. "I'll take it if you don't want it," said the mysterious male, who stepped forward to reveal himself with dramatic flare to give Grell a look of stone-faced seriousness.

GlfZjJB.png

"Think it'll look good on me? Might be good for a Summer look." The man tugged at his leather jacket with calloused hands, as if to show off what he was wearing. After that, he crossed his arms and waited intently for Grell's answer.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @ClothingStore

Grell honestly couldn't tell if the man was joking or not. She couldn't detect an ounce of sarcasm, so...

"Eh." She shrugged, extending the top to their newest arrival. "One's trash is another's treasure, I suppose. Red does seem to be a good color for you, uh...dear me, I don't believe we've met."

@Atomyk

bray-wyatt-28127321.jpg

"So what you're sayin' is you agree with me? Cuz' expecting a man name Joker to behave is like tryin' to beckon the sun at the wave of your hand.'

Bray was clearly playing as he smile cheerfully, chuckling to himself. Look at the girl again, Bray shook.

"Call me old fashion, but personal experience taught me men and woman are far from equal. See Woman, they're kinder creatures, more adept, more earnest and wise. Men? Shoot, most men are happy with just three things. Give them a cold beer, a woman by there side who love them, and some where to take shit with a door and they wouldn't question a thang. Men are ease to mold for a woman. But to another man? That's a little trickier."

Suddenly his eyes met with Ethan as Bray smile at the "man's" word. laughing softly, Bray shook his head.

"Nah, man, nah. Don't pull dat trick with me. Our beast are different than most, so don't treat me like I can'tt see it. There is no shame here. You think everyone here isn't in someway like you? Put it together, man."

Bray backed up point his finger at his head before pointing it at the group.

"See, I saw this in my dream, this moment, not came to me like lightening towards the ground. They told me all about everyone and everything. I knew it. See, I've been here for eon and eon, even before current shell. I go by different names. War, disillusionment. Revenge/ I am the great accuser, the great seducer, the man of a thousand truth!"

Bray smile stopped at the point, turning more neutral his as his aura became more frightening.

" I hold the mirror to the world. I am a hammer, and that hammer is change, and that change is reckoning that will be unrivaled! I am the eater worlds! But you? You can call me Bray. Bray Wyatt It's nice to meet you, man.."

Surpassingly earnest Bray, took his hat off and bowed before becoming more up beat again his eye again at locked with Ethan.

"See, they say wolves don't lose sleep over the lives of sheep, but they don't realize the sheep out number the wolves."

"...Yeah, and ants outnumber the sun."

Numahime remarked caustically, a rather distinct departure from the bright tone she'd had with the others she'd spoken to. She almost found the muscular hobo-looking man to be kind of amusing in a way, but his exaggerated way of speaking didn't leave a good impression on her. There was someone she knew and hated quite a bit that spoke almost as if just to hear himself speak. Roundabout and disguising everything he wanted to say in some sort of literary device, saying, or philosophy.

She seriously despised that.

Annoyed that this Bray made her think of that person, Numahime just moved along to the clothing store with a few of the others.

@Josh M @Verite @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
A gruff sound of a what was likely a male clearing their throat could be heard from behind one of the clothing racks near Grell and Sherry. "I'll take it if you don't want it," said the mysterious male, who stepped forward to reveal himself with dramatic flare to give Grell a look of stone-faced seriousness.

GlfZjJB.png

"Think it'll look good on me? Might be good for a Summer look." The man tugged at his leather jacket with calloused hands, as if to show off what he was wearing. After that, he crossed his arms and waited intently for Grell's answer.

"A hard M, huh?" Numahime laughed a little. Whether the man was serious or not, she found it rather funny.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @ClothingStore​

"Seems vanity was on the mind of someone recently," Joker spoke up as he came to the register as well, eyeing the mirror that Theo had found. Remarkably clean for something found in a decrepit town... "That, or we're dealing with a ghost obsessed with the cleanliness of his mirrors."

"I mean, it's kind of a weird place to leave a mirror."
Sherry responded as she moved closer to the mirror where she picked it up and gave it a look. "It's pretty...unlike everything else here. What could've possibly happened to this the town to have it end up like this?"

GlfZjJB.png

The remark garnered a slight chuckle from Sherry. "Honestly I'd suggest burning it but if you want to try it on I got a mirror for you to look at yourself," She replied handing over the mirror to the man before introducing herself. "I'm Sherry Birkin. You also find yourself waking up in a worn down bus station?"

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Clothing store

Seishin didn't bother listening to Chucky and the rest throw quips back and forth about Hot Topic, the quicker they got onto another topic the less of a headache the former monk was sure to get

The sound of the glass breaking caused Seishin's eyes to dart to the clothing store. Maybe whatever caused that is whatever had brought them all here, messing with them in it's own twisted way.

Strange how the mirror seemed to be untouched compared to everything else in the store. Very strange indeed.

@Jeremi @dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9@Verite @Khan of the Mardu @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Kaykay @Anybody I missed

The man gave the briefest pause before taking the top, giving otherwise no indication how he felt about this exchange. He thanked Grell and turned the top around to read over the words. He was silent long enough that one might imagine he was considering the merit of the foul phrase.

Numahime's comment earned him a hard glance, but eventually he shook his head. He refused Sherry's mirror with a polite gesture. "Nah, now's not the time to try it on. I didn't really come here for a new wardrobe anyway."

Lpt6qvH.png

"Name's Robert. I'm glad you noticed how red brings out something in me," he said, folding the tank top and tucking it behind his jacket. "We all have a color that really resonates with our soul. Some people just don't see it, but perhaps it just comes easier to me. Kind of a weird coincidence, but I used to be a fashion designer before I gave up the trade. Specialized in real avant-garde stuff. That life really does a man in if he isn't careful. Thought I'd stop by here to gain a little nostalgia. Not much else about this town is very welcoming, is it?"

Turning to Sherry, he gave her a more pointed glance that betrayed his nonchalance. "Just a warning, but that probably was a foolish thing to say. I could have been anyone, and you gave me just enough info to blend in. You're lucky now it really was a bus station I woke up in. Derelict, hadn't been used in a while. Felt natural to start wandering, you know?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @ClothingStore

"Eep!" Grell jumped, a bit startled by the glass. "That was...oh?" A clothing store! This would be the perfect time to update her wardrobe...plus, there could be some scissors or something one can use as a weapon inside. "If we do go in there, we need to be careful. After all, none of us have our weapons..."

Rottytops slapped the air and blew a raspberry. "No weapons? Pfft! I have the only weapons I need right here," she said with a clownish confidence, and explained by hooking her index fingers into the corners of her mouth and pulling so as to repeatedly snap her bared teeth.

Grell honestly couldn't tell if the man was joking or not. She couldn't detect an ounce of sarcasm, so...

"Eh." She shrugged, extending the top to their newest arrival. "One's trash is another's treasure, I suppose. Red does seem to be a good color for you, uh...dear me, I don't believe we've met."

@Atomyk

Rotty unhooked her lips to clasp her hands together and laugh.

Rotty%20Human%20Happy_zps409ikwco.png

"Oh, he's just kidding!"
she exclaimed, quick to assume, "That top isn't even trashy, it's just bad. I mean, who wears frills anyway?" Rotty scoffed, and a wicked smirk crossed her expression, "My idiot brothers would hate to see me in that,"

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Kaykay @Jeremi

"I mean, it's kind of a weird place to leave a mirror." Sherry responded as she moved closer to the mirror where she picked it up and gave it a look. "It's pretty...unlike everything else here. What could've possibly happened to this the town to have it end up like this?"

The remark garnered a slight chuckle from Sherry. "Honestly I'd suggest burning it but if you want to try it on I got a mirror for you to look at yourself," She replied handing over the mirror to the man before introducing herself. "I'm Sherry Birkin. You also find yourself waking up in a worn down bus station?"

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Clothing store
The man gave the briefest pause before taking the top, giving otherwise no indication how he felt about this exchange. He thanked Grell and turned the top around to read over the words. He was silent long enough that one might imagine he was considering the merit of the foul phrase.

Numahime's comment earned him a hard glance, but eventually he shook his head. He refused Sherry's mirror with a polite gesture. "Nah, now's not the time to try it on. I didn't really come here for a new wardrobe anyway."

Lpt6qvH.png

"Name's Robert. I'm glad you noticed how red brings out something in me," he said, folding the tank top and tucking it behind his jacket. "We all have a color that really resonates with our soul. Some people just don't see it, but perhaps it just comes easier to me. Kind of a weird coincidence, but I used to be a fashion designer before I gave up the trade. Specialized in real avant-garde stuff. That life really does a man in if he isn't careful. Thought I'd stop by here to gain a little nostalgia. Not much else about this town is very welcoming, is it?"

Turning to Sherry, he gave her a more pointed glance that betrayed his nonchalance. "Just a warning, but that probably was a foolish thing to say. I could have been anyone, and you gave me just enough info to blend in. You're lucky now it really was a bus station I woke up in. Derelict, hadn't been used in a while. Felt natural to start wandering, you know?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @ClothingStore
"Course, you could still be lying to blend in."

The voice of a thief cut in with something akin to curiosity as Joker stepped forward, focused on the stranger now with a keen eye. He didn't seem dangerous... but then again, that's what a lot of people said about him in his everyday life. From what little he had heard from Anne about fashion designers through her time as a model, they could be quite the seedy crowd under the coat of high-society galore.

"Then again, if you're really like us, I doubt you have a means of causing trouble," After a moment of thought, the young man smiled at the designer, welcoming him for now into the group, "You can call me Joker for now. I'm going to guess you've been here longer than us?"

Lpt6qvH.png

"Well you do look like you could be living here,"
She remarked before looking into the mirror herself. "And you're right I should've prob- Jesus!" Sherry let out a surprised scream as she dropped the mirror to the floor, luckily it seemed that the fall did not break it. "Sorry, I thought I saw something." As she said that she turned around and looked behind the cash register. "Guess I'm just a little bit on edge."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @ClothingStore

cult-of-chucky.jpg

"Helping by what? Offering the cat freak some milk that ain't even fuckin here? Gimme a break."
Chucky replied as the group made their way outside.

"Please. The best place for a woman is behind the stove making me dinner." Chucky replied to Bray with an eye roll, sounding completely serious as he spoke.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Khan of the Mardu

tumblr_inline_o0vlvnOUnG1rxsf53_100.png

Well. Dream big, as they said, right? As he'd said before, Ethan figured with the kind of dramatic flair Grell carried about her, she could certainly make it big as a global actress for the stage. The man personally didn't spend much time in the theater, especially considering what happened the last time he was there, but the idea that others found it a place of solace and escape was not lost on him.

He wouldn't have been surprised if there was ever a poor, abandoned creature out there who would have liked to call that place home.

As they walked, it seemed that everyone went silent as soon as Ethan was singled out by another bombastic individual, a rather large fellow, not entirely of fat, nor entirely of muscle. He spoke with an air of confidence, even arrogance, that bordered on obnoxious, especially considering how casually he had approached the man, barging into their (only somewhat, admittedly) closed conversation, with grave words that immediately darkened Ethan's expression.

tumblr_inline_o0vlnynIjJ1rxsf53_100.png

"..."

He initially said nothing to Bray, letting a sort of silent death glare speak for itself, threatening to cut into the loudmouth's very soul. If there had been no weight to the bigger man's words, a man in Ethan's position would perhaps have been expected to act incredulously and oblivious, but the man was like a hound, sniffing out the truth. But the thing about people who enjoyed sniffing around... They often stuck their nose where they didn't belong.

Taking a step toward Bray, meeting his animalistic gaze, practically with one of his own, the mustached man spoke. "I don't know what you're talkin' about, partner. But I will tell you one thing," he began firmly, as though he didn't take too kindly to being addressed in such an abrasive fashion, though in reality, the reasoning behind his response was for an entirely different reason, "Every man has an animal waiting inside him. And s'long as you don't wake mine up, I think we'll get along just fine. That's in all our best interest after all, isn't that right?"

Regardless of how Bray would respond to that and how he'd take that, Ethan let out a sigh, briefly rubbing his temple as he looked toward some of the others who'd introduced themselves, including the masked girl from before, and presumably her boyfriend as well.

Asians.

Asians everywhere.

Well, he'd already been to Egypt and back recently. Maybe his calling really was to just become a traveler. So long as he stayed away from America for the rest of his life.

"Queen, huh?" Not as strange as Numahime, at least. No offense to that other girl. "Ethan. Ethan Chandler," he nodded toward the girl, before gesturing toward the others next to him, "That there's Trevor, Grell, Seishin, Nu... uh..." He snapped his fingers twice, "Numahime..."

"As for that big fellow..." Ethan then gestured toward Bray, "Don't worry about him. I'm sure he's just come down with a poxy of the mind," he continued, attempting to brush aside what the man had said before.
tumblr_inline_o0vluaGOzK1rxsf53_100.png

"I think a woman would sooner throw you in the stove for dinner."

@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others

"Yeah, cause melted plastic and stuffing goes great with a side'a fries." Chucky replied with a deadpan.

@Verite

Oh my. Ethan handled that quite nicely. Still, that strange bearded fellow was unnerving, and hopefully wouldn't stick around. He might kill the friendly mood they'd had going.

Upon Ethan introducing her, Grell would smile at the young couple. "Grell Sutcliff. Pleased to meet you, Your Majesty." Taking the sides of her coat up in either hand, Grell curtsied to the masked Queen. With this group of theirs, royalty being amongst them wasn't all that surprising. Though she, like most, did find the creepy little puppet odd too. True, she had dealt with little wooden imps like him before...but this one was particularly ugly. She wanted him gone sooner than the bearded man.

@Verite @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

LxRR11ZE.jpg

Delsin eyed Chucky "Great, a talking doll that insults people."

"Just what I needed today."

@thatguyinthestore
The Conduit then turned looking at Theo "Homeless? I'm sorry you had to go through that shit."

"So, we have Theo, Me, Chucky, Ethan, Trevor, Grell Suishin and Numahime and that other guy *points at Bray*."

@
@thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others

15940_5.jpg

"Yknow, you're lucky that I don't have my knife with me, ya fuckin' hot topic reject." Chucky replied to Delsin. Seriously, the way this guy looked made Chucky want to stab him.

@dark @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Josh M @Khan of the Mardu

Theo Raeken

" You know, that isn't the strangest thing I have encountered. Tells a lot," he said. He shrugged and wouldn't be surprised that the doll was some sort of serial killer because he certainly like to mention killing a lot.

Theo shrugged, not phased by it. It was just a part of his life. He didn't think too much about it. He had a car if he needed to sleep and some safe spots. Not many, but some.

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Others

"And in that woman's hands, there is a whip, ready to remind her man of his place."

Wise-cracks and dominant teasing were essentially the basis of this entire relationship, and Joker was okay with that. Well, that, and being best friends who pretended to be dating then actually did start dating to help Makoto 'study'. Course, that was fine as well. They went well together with his teasing and her usually exasperated if secretly amused comebacks. Besides, he said he couldn't enjoy the 'punishments' she spoke about as well?

"And Joker's the name, like my partner in crime and love said."

"Man, the irony of calling him that when you look like the favorite doll of a Hot Topic shopper is pretty thick," Joker cracked with a smirk shot Chucky's way, unable to resist the chance to jump back in, "Besides? There's nothing wrong with dressing like a true rebel and showing off who you really are."

@dark @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Josh M @Khan of the Mardu
The girl found herself pleased when a few of the others would introduce themselves. Getting to know everyone was a good first step. She did, however, find herself a bit flustered when Grell would curtsie at her. "Oh no, please there's no need for that. Queen is just a codename, I'm not really a queen," she stated for Grell, and even for Ethan who had commented on her name as well. "Once we solve this mystery we're dealing with, maybe I'll tell you all my real name--but I'd prefer to stick with Queen for now."

She frowned, however, when Chucky would spit out his comment about women staying in the kitchen. Chucky, please. Ethan, however, came up with a nice little come back that she fully agreed with. "You took the words right out of my mouth, Ethan." She shot Chucky another glare and said nothing else to him for the moment.

"I know how you feel," Makoto remarked to Delsin when he would comment on Chucky. "I haven't exactly gotten used to the talking doll yet myself, and it doesn't help that he persists on being as rude as possible to everyone around him." He was almost as bad as Tarlotte with her constant bouts of anger directed toward those who even wanted to be nice to her. Only, Chucky was much worse.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @dark @Verite
bray-wyatt-28127321.jpg

"So what you're sayin' is you agree with me? Cuz' expecting a man name Joker to behave is like tryin' to beckon the sun at the wave of your hand.'

Bray was clearly playing as he smile cheerfully, chuckling to himself. Look at the girl again, Bray shook.

"Call me old fashion, but personal experience taught me men and woman are far from equal. See Woman, they're kinder creatures, more adept, more earnest and wise. Men? Shoot, most men are happy with just three things. Give them a cold beer, a woman by there side who love them, and some where to take shit with a door and they wouldn't question a thang. Men are ease to mold for a woman. But to another man? That's a little trickier."

Suddenly his eyes met with Ethan as Bray smile at the "man's" word. laughing softly, Bray shook his head.

"Nah, man, nah. Don't pull dat trick with me. Our beast are different than most, so don't treat me like I can'tt see it. There is no shame here. You think everyone here isn't in someway like you? Put it together, man."

Bray backed up point his finger at his head before pointing it at the group.

"See, I saw this in my dream, this moment, not came to me like lightening towards the ground. They told me all about everyone and everything. I knew it. See, I've been here for eon and eon, even before current shell. I go by different names. War, disillusionment. Revenge/ I am the great accuser, the great seducer, the man of a thousand truth!"

Bray smile stopped at the point, turning more neutral his as his aura became more frightening.

" I hold the mirror to the world. I am a hammer, and that hammer is change, and that change is reckoning that will be unrivaled! I am the eater worlds! But you? You can call me Bray. Bray Wyatt It's nice to meet you, man.."

Surpassingly earnest Bray, took his hat off and bowed before becoming more up beat again his eye again at locked with Ethan.

"See, they say wolves don't lose sleep over the lives of sheep, but they don't realize the sheep out number the wolves."
@Yun Lee @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

"You may have a point," Makoto would say in reply to Bray. "Although, not every woman is a genuine cookie cutter model of a kind housewife. That most definitely doesn't define me." She smiled. "You are right about Joker though. It is a bit difficult to make him behave, but I do my best, don't I?" she said, shooting her male companion a teasing look.

@Josh M @Khan of the Mardu
Okay, this fellow was definitely insane. That, or he really was telling the truth about his strangeness. Grell didn't really know for sure, but she certainly wasn't going to get involved. And with the masked boy and little puppet fighting about something called 'Hot Topic', Grell decided it was time to move on before her darling group of men were pulled into the abyss of insanity on display here.
74523e53045ba19e84606d0f92e6cd4c.jpg

"Sorry to interrupt this charming conversation,"
she said, not sorry at all. "But shouldn't we start exploring this little town?"

The town looked like something from the 1950s. ThoughA surprising number of shops and businesses could be found on either side. A hairdresser and a cloth store could be seen on the left side of the street and on the other was a small bank and a café. You could see from the windows that the mannequins were wearing tattered clothes and the area seemed as much in disarray as the bus station.

"That was the plan...but I can't help you with that," Sherry replied. "I'm as in the dark as anyone else here. But I'll do my best to get us out of this."

As the group wandered down the boulevard and conversed they suddenly heard like the breaking of glass. Looking around the window to the clothes shop had gotten a cracked hole in it that hadn't been their earlier.

Oh, Joker certainly had a feeling he knew how overjoyed the doll would be at that chance. He'd been in far too many situations with similar threats being thrown his way - the only real difference at the moment was that Chucky couldn't act on it. Even if he could, it wouldn't receive much payment of the thief's mind, who simply shrugged at him. Like the woman trying to restore sanity explained, they had better things to do...

"Sounds like the guess of this place not being abandoned was right..." Joker muttered as his cat-like eyes peered at the broken glass, trying to note anything out of the ordinary movement within the shop, "Though makes you wonder, should we really investigate it? Feels like the set-up to one of those cheesy made-for-TV horror plotlines..."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk[/USER @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT[/USER [USER=22656]@dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel[/USER [USER=21309]@LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee[/USER][/USER]@BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT[/USER @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel[/USER [USER=21309]@LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee[/USER]@dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel[/USER @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee@LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee
"Well you do look like you could be living here," She remarked before looking into the mirror herself. "And you're right I should've prob- Jesus!" Sherry let out a surprised scream as she dropped the mirror to the floor, luckily it seemed that the fall did not break it. "Sorry, I thought I saw something." As she said that she turned around and looked behind the cash register. "Guess I'm just a little bit on edge."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @ClothingStore
"Anyhow, I agree with Grell. Exploring this town would be best. I also agree with Sherry that there is indeed strength in numbers. We should be careful."

With that, she began to explore the clothing store with the others.

"Mind if I take a look at the mirror?" she asked, peering in the mirror Cherry held when Robert would turn it down. She frowned, letting out a sigh when she would see her own reflection and was yet again reminded of the mask she wore.

But then, the mirror would drop. Opps.

"I didn't break, huh? Interesting. It must be strong. Are you okay, Sherry?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @ClothingStore​

Last edited by a moderator: