Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"That's what I've been saying from the beginning! But some of us has had a really hard time playing ball." She emphasized that by glaring at Chucky. "If you're going to keep him on a leash and trying to get everyone rescued then we are on the same side here. Human, monster it's a team effort."

The Trapper didn't care for idle threats and still holding Ethan by the throat would swing him at Grell and her flaming stick.

Her response seemed to put Vlad at ease. "If he wants the gift I've offered him, he will honor our deal, which I have full confidence he will do. I have had more than one like him in my retinue before, but never one as wicked as he. It is a talent we had best not squander." The vampire nodded to the doll respectfully. "I digress. You are right that it's a matter of working together, and, to that effect, you have my blade. All you need to do is call on me." With a flourish of his cloak, the King of Sylvania bowed to the woman in a regal, albeit a bit over-the-top gesture with a smirk that seemed to betray that he was aware of how foolish it looked.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​

The distraction was a success! Ethan was now free to hit the man in the neck and...! Much like the time that Ethan had hit the man at the side he didn't seem to care about the ax lodged in his neck. Instead he'd use his clever to slash at Kuro as he used his free hand to grab Ethan's throat in a vice like grip in an attempt to strangle him to death.​
The Trapper didn't care for idle threats and still holding Ethan by the throat would swing him at Grell and her flaming stick.
Ethan let out a gasp as the man practically bypassed the attempted decapitation and countered with his own attack. With the ax stuck in the man's neck, Ethan attempted to pull it out with one hand while his other held onto his attacker's own arm, attempting to pull it off, though it was clear the adversary was far stronger than all of them. As they were, they likely had no chance of putting down this monster. But Ethan was not going to die here. He couldn't die... Not here, of all places...

He let out another groan when his body was swung like a weapon toward Grell, the wind practically being knocked out of him for a moment. He needed air fast, or else. Eyeing Queen being set free from the trap, Ethan would have been relieved for her, if not for his own dire circumstances now as a result.

Gritting his teeth painfully, Ethan proceeded to try to rip the ax out of the man's neck with his hand, before attempting to hack away at the behemoth's arm with as much strength as he could muster, repeatedly cutting into the limb as fast as he could!

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Her response seemed to put Vlad at ease. "If he wants the gift I've offered him, he will honor our deal, which I have full confidence he will do. I have had more than one like him in my retinue before, but never one as wicked as he. It is a talent we had best not squander." The vampire nodded to the doll respectfully. "I digress. You are right that it's a matter of working together, and, to that effect, you have my blade. All you need to do is call on me." With a flourish of his cloak, the King of Sylvania bowed to the woman in a regal, albeit a bit over-the-top gesture with a smirk that seemed to betray that he was aware of how foolish it looked.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​

Sherry was quite taken aback by Vlad's candor, but she certainly appreciated it all the same. "Well, umm...keep at it then." Came Sherry's reply as she turned back to the barn. "So are we going to stand here and look at it or are we going to enter?"
Ethan let out a gasp as the man practically bypassed the attempted decapitation and countered with his own attack. With the ax stuck in the man's neck, Ethan attempted to pull it out with one hand while his other held onto his attacker's own arm, attempting to pull it off, though it was clear the adversary was far stronger than all of them. As they were, they likely had no chance of putting down this monster. But Ethan was not going to die here. He couldn't die... Not here, of all places...

He let out another groan when his body was swung like a weapon toward Grell, the wind practically being knocked out of him for a moment. He needed air fast, or else. Eyeing Queen being set free from the trap, Ethan would have been relieved for her, if not for his own dire circumstances now as a result.

Gritting his teeth painfully, Ethan proceeded to try to rip the ax out of the man's neck with his hand, before attempting to hack away at the behemoth's arm with as much strength as he could muster, repeatedly cutting into the limb as fast as he could!

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

While the Trapper didn't seem to feel pain the multiple ax strikes to his arm was enough to let Ethan escape his grasp. Instead of re-focusing on Ethan however he turned his attention back towards the downed Queen and her court, raising his clever high and swung down at the downed girl.

@Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Moving along the trio realized it was getting harder to travel as the ground became more and more muddy. Soon enough though the mist cleared up and they could see something.

abandoned_shack_on_the_bayou_by_cruiseconnoisseur-d9o3b7x.jpg

The house looked like it was going to fall at any second, yet a lone light shone through one of the windows for them to see.​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Darkseide @Josh M

The barn despite how it looked seemed to be safe to enter, nor could Simon see anything that seemed threatening at least for now.

The only thing Jack could hear was the silence filling the air. Not even crickets chirping was to be heard.

"I think all three of you are worth a look over."
Came Sherry's response to the duo. Any alliance they were planning was going to be bad news to the other people in the group.

The distraction was a success! Ethan was now free to hit the man in the neck and...! Much like the time that Ethan had hit the man at the side he didn't seem to care about the ax lodged in his neck. Instead he'd use his clever to slash at Kuro as he used his free hand to grab Ethan's throat in a vice like grip in an attempt to strangle him to death.

The people coming to Queen's rescue was enough to snap open the bear trap off her leg! As you did that though you realized that the wound was far more serious then you might have originally suspected. The bone had been fractured and as the iron teeth were removed the wounds started to bleed even more. It was quite clear that Queen wasn't going to be able to walk with out some aid.

Numehime could see sticks and stones scattered around the area, she could also see freshly covered mounds where there no doubt was another bear trap hidden in the foliage.

Vlad's dark, empty eyes settled upon Sherry now. He did not look amused. Standing to his feet, Vlad stepped towards her, his towering height compounded by his decayed visage. "If we're being blunt, then, Frau Sherry, you would ordinarily be right to watch me, for, if I had my abilities, I would have no need for any of you, save those willing to work alongside or under me. That being said, I don't. None of us do. We need each other. I'm willing to admit to that, and commit to it, too, Frau Sherry. Are you?" He tilted his head back, looking down his non-existent nose at her, taking to his habit of beginning to pace around the woman as he spoke, like a hungry predator restraining himself from lashing out at potential prey. Perhaps that's what they looked like to him. "I will not die for you, but I will bleed on your behalf as long as you are willing to do the same on mine." Pausing as he stood nearer to Jack, the vampire scowled at her. "A monster I may be, but I have every intention of seeing that every member of this group goes home intact. Is that clear?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​

"That's what I've been saying from the beginning! But some of us has had a really hard time playing ball." She emphasized that by glaring at Chucky. "If you're going to keep him on a leash and trying to get everyone rescued then we are on the same side here. Human, monster it's a team effort."

Sherry was quite taken aback by Vlad's candor, but she certainly appreciated it all the same. "Well, umm...keep at it then." Came Sherry's reply as she turned back to the barn. "So are we going to stand here and look at it or are we going to enter?"

95ky138.jpg

"If this trip is the key to finding mother, then we will not harm anyone who will benefit us," Jack assures Sherry, "anyways, we think that it should be alright to enter this... thing."

Evidently, Jack didn't have the word 'barn' in her dictionary.

"It's very quiet, maybe a little too quiet... We can't hear anything in there. Let us proceed."

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge>Barn​

95ky138.jpg

"If this trip is the key to finding mother, then we will not harm anyone who will benefit us," Jack assures Sherry, "anyways, we think that it should be alright to enter this... thing."

"It's very quiet, maybe a little too quiet... We can't hear anything in there. Let us proceed."

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge>Barn​

Vlad placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. "It is, child. Your mother is waiting. I will find her for you. First, though, we must survive."​

"Indeed we are. Cautiously. Weapons raised." Vlad gave Robert and Seishin a pointed look before drawing his knife once more and cautiously moving to step past Jack into the barn's large doorway. He took great care to look for any sign of traps, from tripwires to someone getting ready to jump out and yell 'Boo!' The King of Sylvania would not easily be caught off guard.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge

Last edited by a moderator:
tbL25Qn.gif

"It's natural for us to wish to do things we have never experienced in our lives before," Jack simply replies, "have you ever wished to do something you have missed out on in your youth, or do you just let it pass and never explore it again, Chucky?"

Jack decides to take a good listen into the dark entrance of the barn before contemplating on whether to proceed or not.

mCZ4vl9.jpg

"Everyone, keep it down for a bit. We think we hear something..."

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Takumi @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @York @Bridge​
"Yeah, when I was in the third grade some kid called me ugly. Wish I'd made him suffer longer before I slit his throat." Chucky said rather bluntly, making it rather hard to tell if he was serious or not.

Childs-Play-2-chucky-21093461-362-256.jpg

"It's probably the Holy Spirit repreminding you for your fucked up fetish for getting pushed out the womb." Chucky replied dryly from the back with a snicker.

Yeah, Chucky wasn't letting this go anytime soon.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge
The vampire answered with a genuinely tickled chuckle. "What a colorful way to put it. Amusing."

The vampire crouched down and lowered his voice, both to avoid distracting Jack, and tot avoid being heard by the rest of the group, except, perhaps, Rottytops, if she was still hanging around near him. "There is more to her wish than you or I know, Chucky, mein freund. Something... very, very dark. Darker than either of us, I believe, though that may be challenging for you to grasp. Watch her closely."

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge
Moving along the trio realized it was getting harder to travel as the ground became more and more muddy. Soon enough though the mist cleared up and they could see something.

The house looked like it was going to fall at any second, yet a lone light shone through one of the windows for them to see.​

The barn despite how it looked seemed to be safe to enter, nor could Simon see anything that seemed threatening at least for now.

The only thing Jack could hear was the silence filling the air. Not even crickets chirping was to be heard.

Came Sherry's response to the duo. Any alliance they were planning was going to be bad news to the other people in the group.

The distraction was a success! Ethan was now free to hit the man in the neck and...! Much like the time that Ethan had hit the man at the side he didn't seem to care about the ax lodged in his neck. Instead he'd use his clever to slash at Kuro as he used his free hand to grab Ethan's throat in a vice like grip in an attempt to strangle him to death.

The people coming to Queen's rescue was enough to snap open the bear trap off her leg! As you did that though you realized that the wound was far more serious then you might have originally suspected. The bone had been fractured and as the iron teeth were removed the wounds started to bleed even more. It was quite clear that Queen wasn't going to be able to walk with out some aid.

Numehime could see sticks and stones scattered around the area, she could also see freshly covered mounds where there no doubt was another bear trap hidden in the foliage.

Vlad's dark, empty eyes settled upon Sherry now. He did not look amused. Standing to his feet, Vlad stepped towards her, his towering height compounded by his decayed visage. "If we're being blunt, then, Frau Sherry, you would ordinarily be right to watch me, for, if I had my abilities, I would have no need for any of you, save those willing to work alongside or under me. That being said, I don't. None of us do. We need each other. I'm willing to admit to that, and commit to it, too, Frau Sherry. Are you?" He tilted his head back, looking down his non-existent nose at her, taking to his habit of beginning to pace around the woman as he spoke, like a hungry predator restraining himself from lashing out at potential prey. Perhaps that's what they looked like to him. "I will not die for you, but I will bleed on your behalf as long as you are willing to do the same on mine." Pausing as he stood nearer to Jack, the vampire scowled at her. "A monster I may be, but I have every intention of seeing that every member of this group goes home intact. Is that clear?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​

While the Trapper didn't seem to feel pain the multiple ax strikes to his arm was enough to let Ethan escape his grasp. Instead of re-focusing on Ethan however he turned his attention back towards the downed Queen and her court, raising his clever high and swung down at the downed girl.

@Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup
95ky138.jpg

Vlad placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. "It is, child. Your mother is waiting. I will find her for you. First, though, we must survive."​

"Indeed we are. Cautiously. Weapons raised." Vlad gave Robert and Seishin a pointed look before drawing his knife once more and cautiously moving to step past Jack into the barn's large doorway. He took great care to look for any sign of traps, from tripwires to someone getting ready to jump out and yell 'Boo!' The King of Sylvania would not easily be caught off guard.

Simon Henriksson
@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @BarrenThin @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah
@Bridge

While Simon for the most part had been trying to ignore Chucky, mostly to stave off the temptation to just kick him into the water one way or another... His attention was suddenly drawn by Chucky's mention of a "holy spirit".

"Holy spirit?... I... Did not think you believed in such a thing..." He said, looking quite seriously confused at what the... Walking talking doll was saying.

Eventually though, despite being offset by what Jack had apparently been implying this whole time... Something he hadn't paid enough attention to until now, and the fact that apparently Sherry wasn't too trusting of Vlad, Jack, nor Chucky... And with good reason. However, it was Chucky that really set off alarm bells for Simon, but perhaps they'd cross that bridge when they came to it...

All in all, he nodded in response to Sherry, and decided to enter the Barn, following Vlad's lead, knife still in hand. He wasn't about to let his guard down in a situation like this after all.​

The vampire answered with a genuinely tickled chuckle. "What a colorful way to put it. Amusing."

The vampire crouched down and lowered his voice, both to avoid distracting Jack, and tot avoid being heard by the rest of the group, except, perhaps, Rottytops, if she was still hanging around near him. "There is more to her wish than you or I know, Chucky, mein freund. Something... very, very dark. Darker than either of us, I believe, though that may be challenging for you to grasp. Watch her closely."

"Yeah, well that's what happens when your fetish gets too strong. If she tries anything, I'll put a stop to it." Chucky whispered in response to Vlad's statement.

The house looked like it was going to fall at any second, yet a lone light shone through one of the windows for them to see.

"I think all three of you are worth a look over." Came Sherry's response to the duo. Any alliance they were planning was going to be bad news to the other people in the group.

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup

ASPCB.jpg

(OOC: Chucky didn't really pull out his knife, this was just the best image I could find.)

"Yeah, well no one asked for your opinion, pig." Chucky said to Sherry before glancing over to Vlad and stepping over to his side. "My pal and I were having a private conversation. So why don't ya fuck off and go make out with your boyfriend over there?" The homicidal doll asked before gesturing over to Robert.
Simon Henriksson
@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @BarrenThin @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah
@Bridge

While Simon for the most part had been trying to ignore Chucky, mostly to stave off the temptation to just kick him into the water one way or another... His attention was suddenly drawn by Chucky's mention of a "holy spirit".

"Holy spirit?... I... Did not think you believed in such a thing..." He said, looking quite seriously confused at what the... Walking talking doll was saying.

Eventually though, despite being offset by what Jack had apparently been implying this whole time... Something he hadn't paid enough attention to until now, and the fact that apparently Sherry wasn't too trusting of Vlad, Jack, nor Chucky... And with good reason. However, it was Chucky that really set off alarm bells for Simon, but perhaps they'd cross that bridge when they came to it...

All in all, he nodded in response to Sherry, and decided to enter the Barn, following Vlad's lead, knife still in hand. He wasn't about to let his guard down in a situation like this after all.​
VYRok.jpg

"I don't, dumbass. I was making a joke. Forgot those are kinda foreign to you, ya goddamn rock."

Vlad placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. "It is, child. Your mother is waiting. I will find her for you. First, though, we must survive."

"I don't think that dumb and dumber over there know what 'cautious' means." Chucky whispered to Vlad with a snicker, pointing at Robert and Seishen as he did so. Chucky then proceeded to draw his own knife and proceeded into the barn slowly and cautiously along with othe others.

"Nononononononono!!!" Grell ran away as Ethan came towards her, her branch held high over her head to keep from hitring anyone. At least Ethan got away, but now he was attacking again. Ugh! "Someone gdt her out of here!" She cried, pointing at Queen. As if she would be able to walk! But now that Queen and Ethan were free, it was time for her plan to begin.

"Hey, you!" Grell would try to get the man's attention, before sweeping the branch on the ground to ignite the foliage. "I wasn't kidding around! I'm burning this forest down!" She would continue to try and light the clearing on fire, in hope of getting the man distracted. There was no way they could beat him, so they had to fight him another way.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Theo Raeken

Theo was silent as he noticed the track was becoming muddier as he moved along. He noticed that the mist had cleared and saw that there was a house, though it was notably in shambles

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4477685064636d5f6473614d49773d3d2d3434383839353334312e313464363533666536373936613034633634333230393931323336372e676966

" Yup, exactly what I expected from this back water town, so I am going to catiously approach this. You two can stay here for all I care." He cautiously approached the house, watching every step that he took and seeing if there was an entrance that he could take without destroying the house.

@Darkseide @Jeremi @Josh M

Last edited:
The only thought that ran through Joker's mind as he heard that scream was a single plea. Not like this, it doesn't end like this. He wasn't leaving her here, not to suffer alone. Without even thinking, he joined Grell and the Devil in trying to open the trap, putting all his strength into pulling the jaws apart. This wasn't how she or any of them were going to die, not in this godforsaken forest, not if he had anything to say about it.

"Don't talk like that, dammit!" He barked, all jovial hijinks forgotten as he worked as frantically as possible. He wasn't going to leave her here, no matter what Grell or that strange devilish figure did or what she said to him. "A thief never gives up if there's a chance at escape..." He frantically muttered, hoping to calm both of them a little as he tried his hardest. If there was no chance of escape...

Then Sae could wait to hear Makoto's declaration of love till they met in whatever afterlife awaited them. He wasn't going to let Queen face this alone, not if he could help it.

@Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @ForestGroup​

Grell wasn't going to stick around to help Queen. She'd done her part where that little waif was concerned. Now Ethan was getting attacked, and she needed to help him out. After all...he was the best looking guy here. It'd be a waste for him to die! Plus...yeah, okay, he was the closest thing to a friend Grell had here. Even if she didn't feel attached to him like friends usually did, she did want to keep him around.

With the sticks laying around, Grell picked up the biggest one she could find and lit it on fire. Waving it around like a flag, she tried to get the man's attention, hopefully enough to at the very least loosen his grup on Ethan. "Over here, you filthy thing! Let him go, or I set your entire forest on fire!"

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup​

"Nononononononono!!!" Grell ran away as Ethan came towards her, her branch held high over her head to keep from hitring anyone. At least Ethan got away, but now he was attacking again. Ugh! "Someone gdt her out of here!" She cried, pointing at Queen. As if she would be able to walk! But now that Queen and Ethan were free, it was time for her plan to begin.

"Hey, you!" Grell would try to get the man's attention, before sweeping the branch on the ground to ignite the foliage. "I wasn't kidding around! I'm burning this forest down!" She would continue to try and light the clearing on fire, in hope of getting the man distracted. There was no way they could beat him, so they had to fight him another way.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup
"Hngh," Queen grunted when the others would finally free her leg. She shivered at the sight of her wound, and even more so when she would see just how much it was bleeding. "Th-This looks bad," she said to herself, placing a hand over her mouth. Her stomach was suddenly nauseous from the constant pain, causing her to heave a couple times. She fought against the feeling, but found herself unable to fight the oncoming drowsiness from the sudden loss of blood. Her vision even began to fade, making it a hell of a lot harder to figure out what she could do to help out.

In truth, she could do nothing. She couldn't move her leg right now, let alone even try to walk on it. She couldn't run or even dodge the monster that would pick her out as its target. All she could do was grip onto the earth and grass, pulling herself away from the monster as best she could. She wouldn't get very far, however, due to the fact that any movement she made caused her wound only to bleed out faster. "Not like this," she mumbled to herself, feeling her strength fail her enough to cause her to slump facing forward onto the ground. She turned her head enough so that the grass wasn't in her face, yet she couldn't move or even look to see if the monster was still trying to get her. This really was not good at all.

@Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @ForestGroup​

Kuro in response, would then position his tail in front of him to defend against the axe... except Kuro had forgotten his tail is temporarily replaced with a crusty old sock.

Do socks have a high defense stat against axes? Anyways, as Kuro was still midair, he just hopes gravity would be on his side.

Theo Raeken

Theo was silent as he noticed the track was becoming muddier as he moved along. He noticed that the mist had cleared and saw that there was a house, though it was notably in shambles

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4477685064636d5f6473614d49773d3d2d3434383839353334312e313464363533666536373936613034633634333230393931323336372e676966

" Yup, exactly what I expected from this back water town, so I am going to catiously approach this. You two can stay here for all I care." He cautiously approached the house, watching every step that he took and seeing if there was an entrance that he could take without destroying the house.

@Darkseide @Jeremi @Josh M

The only way inside seemed to be at the front door, or well, where the front door would have been back when the house didn't look like it would fall at a seconds notice.

Peering inside he'd see a less pristine kitchen right in front of him. There seemed to have at some point in time been stairs leading to an upper floor but the entire staircase had rotten and fallen as a heap of murky wood on the ground. The floor seemed sturdy enough to walk on however so investigating the lower floor could still be done.

Looking inside there did not seem to be any sort of traps around. It appeared to have been used for equines in how it was built like a stable of sorts. Rusty equipment like a scythe was hanging on the wall, fairly typical things in what you'd find in an abandoned barn.

One thing did stand out though and it was a pristine looking jukebox leaning against the wall on the other side. If only you had a coin to liven up the place.

"Hngh," Queen grunted when the others would finally free her leg. She shivered at the sight of her wound, and even more so when she would see just how much it was bleeding. "Th-This looks bad," she said to herself, placing a hand over her mouth. Her stomach was suddenly nauseous from the constant pain, causing her to heave a couple times. She fought against the feeling, but found herself unable to fight the oncoming drowsiness from the sudden loss of blood. Her vision even began to fade, making it a hell of a lot harder to figure out what she could do to help out.

In truth, she could do nothing. She couldn't move her leg right now, let alone even try to walk on it. She couldn't run or even dodge the monster that would pick her out as its target. All she could do was grip onto the earth and grass, pulling herself away from the monster as best she could. She wouldn't get very far, however, due to the fact that any movement she made caused her wound only to bleed out faster. "Not like this," she mumbled to herself, feeling her strength fail her enough to cause her to slump facing forward onto the ground. She turned her head enough so that the grass wasn't in her face, yet she couldn't move or even look to see if the monster was still trying to get her. This really was not good at all.

Kuro in response, would then position his tail in front of him to defend against the axe... except Kuro had forgotten his tail is temporarily replaced with a crusty old sock.

Do socks have a high defense stat against axes? Anyways, as Kuro was still midair, he just hopes gravity would be on his side.

Queen's protector did little to deter the cleaver that cut the sock in half and the force was so great that the cleaver slammed Kuro down on Queen's back and cleaved right through the Pokemon as well embedding it in Queen's back. Admiring his work for a bit the Trapper removed the cleaver from her back and slammed it down on her head.

In one swoop this monster of a man had eliminated two among them. At the moment the Trapper seemed spellbound looking down at his work so perhaps now was the time to make your escape.

The only way inside seemed to be at the front door, or well, where the front door would have been back when the house didn't look like it would fall at a seconds notice.

Peering inside he'd see a less pristine kitchen right in front of him. There seemed to have at some point in time been stairs leading to an upper floor but the entire staircase had rotten and fallen as a heap of murky wood on the ground. The floor seemed sturdy enough to walk on however so investigating the lower floor could still be done.

Looking inside there did not seem to be any sort of traps around. It appeared to have been used for equines in how it was built like a stable of sorts. Rusty equipment like a scythe was hanging on the wall, fairly typical things in what you'd find in an abandoned barn.

One thing did stand out though and it was a pristine looking jukebox leaning against the wall on the other side. If only you had a coin to liven up the place.

Queen's protector did little to deter the cleaver that cut the sock in half and the force was so great that the cleaver slammed Kuro down on Queen's back and cleaved right through the Pokemon as well embedding it in Queen's back. Admiring his work for a bit the Trapper removed the cleaver from her back and slammed it down on her head.

In one swoop this monster of a man had eliminated two among them. At the moment the Trapper seemed spellbound looking down at his work so perhaps now was the time to make your escape.

45Im.jpg

"Ooohooohooohooo... lookey what we have here."
Chucky said with a chuckle as he pocketed his knife and made his way over to the scythe hanging on the wall. Despite it ring rusty, it wasn't any less sharp. Prime equipment for stabbing. Without hesitation, Chucky tried to grab the scythe.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Crow @York @Takumi @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge

95ky138.jpg

"Well, we are of the Assassin class," Jack says as she holds the pokes the scythe to see if there would be any reaction, before taking it, apparently at the same time that Chucky grabbed it.

@Jeremi @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​

You didn't have to tell Grell twice. All that time trying to save that dumb girl, and not only did she die, but so did some little sock thing! Yeah, she was done. Running back the way they came, Grell would drop her branch in the clearing, then use the lighter as she ran to try and start a fire. This thing was NOT coming after them!

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @dark @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Last edited:

This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

They were supposed to make their escape from this hellhole. They were supposed to be free to live their lives as they wished. They were supposed to be able to live through this, to be happy with one another back home. They weren't supposed to die.

Choking back tears as that cleaver impaled Makoto then smashed down on her head, Joker had to choke back a sob... before his expression twisted in vicious rage, his eyes settling on the monster with determination. He wasn't going to let this fucking animal get away with this, not without trying to take vengeance. His hand found the grip of the knife Queen had given him, and his feet carried him forward. He didn't care if he died in this desperate attempt at revenge as he leaped towards the man, weapon poised to slash away at the monster.

All that mattered was seeing the trapper's throat slit, no matter the cost. Maybe it would even buy the group further time to escape.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup​

Jack kicks Chucky back, then points a single blade at his short stature.

9vu1Qvo.jpg

"Are you asking to be dismembered?"

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin
"I had the fuckin scythe first. Get your own, bitch." Chucky said, rolling away from the knife and grabbing for the scythe, hoping nothing would happen like the knife at the fireplace.

@Crow @Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Theo noticed that there was a front door or rather there used to be one, but it seemed to have vanished. He was silent, as he peered inside the place to see what was around.

Theo cautiously placed his foot on the floor board, checking to see it would collapse, but also catious of traps that could be around for him to discover. He looked for anything out of the ordinary as he entered the house, perhaps a shining light or something that seemed intact despite the entire place being in goddamn shambles. He figured there was something.

@Jeremi @Darkseide @Josh M @Abandoned Cabin