Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"U-uh yeah. He's-a back at the volcano with the rest of the people who were-a killed. Bowser was supposed to show up and explain all this but he's not-a here. Please don't-a hurt me..." Luigi said to Alesha, hoping that she'd calm down and not hurt anyone.

When Rita asked what happened with Jack, Luigi turned to her and shook his head.
"I don't really know how it worked, but no I don't think that he's-a really dead. He be back at the volcano with everyone else."

The bullet from Radec's pistol would simply bounce off of Fawful's headgear, not even making a dent in the metal.

be1be89778d2a57cd8cf2ba1e315d2851045741b_hq.gif

"HA HA HA HA!! I am here, laughing at you! Your bullets are the ineffective, like the soldier who did not bring a gun to a war and is shot because he is dumb!" Fawful said before attempting to shoot Ami with more lasers.

@York @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Afterlife

@York @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Afterlife

Ritsuka had died, huh? Well, that was a surprise, but we all had to die sometime, huh? She was now tossed into combat. She wasn't much of a fighter, more relying on her servants to do combat, but she still had magic. She wished she had had the ability to summon a servant. Or, at least, some of her magic ability.

"Time to break this singularity!" She shouted. She picked up Alesha's sword, and ran at Fawful.

Last edited:

The elder Noki chuckled at Ernesti's inquiry and nodded.

"Heh heh... I'm afraid so, Arbusti. It was all special effects and the like. It's amazing what you can do with technology these days. All those fancy gadgets and gizmos. Some of was from that Bowser fella's old machines that he used to take on that Mario guy."
The elder Noki replied with a smile, though it wasn't hard to see it due to it being obscured by his beard.

@Mari @Crow @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9

i0Ggl9W.png

"That's amazing!" Ernesti eyes glistened. "The Sand Bird really is a robot! I definitely have to see it once again before I go! Can I?"

@thatguyinthestore

While Fawful boasted that Ami's bullets where useless and Yusuke went in for another attack Yato grabbed a sword he saw and charged in for a swing shortly after Yusuke attacked.

It wasn't his Sekki, nor as sharp, but it would do for now.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Afterlife
XYUbEB5.png

"Come now, are you even trying?" Yusuke taunted, feeling a bit confident after getting a hit in. When he would be attacked again by the lasers, he once more swiftly dodged--this time cutting it a bit close. Maybe he was better off not taunting Fawful for now. He took a breath in and stepped further back after dodging, allowing Ami to fire her gun at their foe. He grunted, watching her bullets useless against him. "Bastard," Yusuke hissed before readying his sword again.

For a flicker of a moment, the artist wished yet again that he had access to his persona. Maybe with additional power on his side this battle would be easier. Still, the boy felt he shouldn't allow selfish thoughts such as those to plague his mind. He was lucky enough just to have a sword to help him out in this situation. He should count his blessings.

Letting out a huff of air, Yusuke gripped the hilt of his blade more tightly and rushed in for another attack just as he had done before. "Hnnnggh!" he cried, putting his all into this attack.

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Fawful Fight

Ritsuka had died, huh? Well, that was a surprise, but we all had to die sometime, huh? She was now tossed into combat. She wasn't much of a fighter, more relying on her servants to do combat, but she still had magic. She wished she had had the ability to summon a servant. Or, at least, some of her magic ability.

"Time to break this singularity!" She shouted. She picked up Alesha's sword, and ran at Fawful.

Yusuke's attack managed to hit Fawful yet again, it providing enough knockback to send Fawful back a good bit. Before Fawful could properly recover, he was suddenly slashed by Yato as well!

"Ugh... I am feeling the great pain! You will not be winning this great battle! Fawful will reign the biggest victorious over you fink rats, then I will laugh heartily at you as your star friend is taken by me!" He exclaimed before looking up to Ritsuka as she ran towards him.

"NOW IS WHEN I RAM YOU!!" He shouted before doing just that, flying right towards Ritsuka in an attempt to ram right into her.

@Minerva @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

i0Ggl9W.png

"That's amazing!" Ernesti eyes glistened. "The Sand Bird really is a robot! I definitely have to see it once again before I go! Can I?"

@thatguyinthestore
The elder Noki shook his head and sighed. "I'm afraid not, Arbusti. They've already put the sand bird up with the other props. But, I think I can give you something just as good...." The Noki said with a chuckle before reaching into his pocket and pulling out what looked like a folded up sheet of paper. When Ernesti unfolded it, the paper would reveal this...

"Those are the blueprints on how to make your own Sandbird, Arbusti. The stage crew back there said that I could keep it because they didn't need it anymore. I figured that an old geezer like me wouldn't have any use for em, so why not give em to you?" The Noki said with a warm smile as he held out the blueprints.

@Crow

"U-uh yeah. He's-a back at the volcano with the rest of the people who were-a killed. Bowser was supposed to show up and explain all this but he's not-a here. Please don't-a hurt me..." Luigi said to Alesha, hoping that she'd calm down and not hurt anyone.

When Rita asked what happened with Jack, Luigi turned to her and shook his head.
"I don't really know how it worked, but no I don't think that he's-a really dead. He be back at the volcano with everyone else."

The bullet from Radec's pistol would simply bounce off of Fawful's headgear, not even making a dent in the metal.

be1be89778d2a57cd8cf2ba1e315d2851045741b_hq.gif

"HA HA HA HA!! I am here, laughing at you! Your bullets are the ineffective, like the soldier who did not bring a gun to a war and is shot because he is dumb!" Fawful said before attempting to shoot Ami with more lasers.

XYUbEB5.png

"Come now, are you even trying?" Yusuke taunted, feeling a bit confident after getting a hit in. When he would be attacked again by the lasers, he once more swiftly dodged--this time cutting it a bit close. Maybe he was better off not taunting Fawful for now. He took a breath in and stepped further back after dodging, allowing Ami to fire her gun at their foe. He grunted, watching her bullets useless against him. "Bastard," Yusuke hissed before readying his sword again.

For a flicker of a moment, the artist wished yet again that he had access to his persona. Maybe with additional power on his side this battle would be easier. Still, the boy felt he shouldn't allow selfish thoughts such as those to plague his mind. He was lucky enough just to have a sword to help him out in this situation. He should count his blessings.

Letting out a huff of air, Yusuke gripped the hilt of his blade more tightly and rushed in for another attack just as he had done before. "Hnnnggh!" he cried, putting his all into this attack.

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Fawful Fight​
While Fawful boasted that Ami's bullets where useless and Yusuke went in for another attack Yato grabbed a sword he saw and charged in for a swing shortly after Yusuke attacked.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Afterlife
Yusuke's attack managed to hit Fawful yet again, it providing enough knockback to send Fawful back a good bit. Before Fawful could properly recover, he was suddenly slashed by Yato as well!

"Ugh... I am feeling the great pain! You will not be winning this great battle! Fawful will reign the biggest victorious over you fink rats, then I will laugh heartily at you as your star friend is taken by me!" He exclaimed before looking up to Ritsuka as she ran towards him.

"NOW IS WHEN I RAM YOU!!" He shouted before doing just that, flying right towards Ritsuka in an attempt to ram right into her.

The elder Noki shook his head and sighed. "I'm afraid not, Arbusti. They've already put the sand bird up with the other props. But, I think I can give you something just as good...." The Noki said with a chuckle before reaching into his pocket and pulling out what looked like a folded up sheet of paper. When Ernesti unfolded it, the paper would reveal this...

"Those are the blueprints on how to make your own Sandbird, Arbusti. The stage crew back said that I could keep it because they didn't need it anymore. I figured that an old geezer like me wouldn't have any use for em, so why not give em to you?"
Ami Kawashima
@Minerva @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti
@Afterlife

Ami was able to swerve around the lasers, but portions of her clothes and hair got singed in the process... Further annoying her, and well, worrying her, considering that her approach with that pistol didn't work.

uAJHsfM.png

"What the hell is that helmet made of?!" She muttered to herself.

It felt almost humiliating actually, that a weird creature, that said things that like badly subtitled anime or something was besting her... But it wasn't over yet! As Fawful was distracted by Ritsuka briefly, Ami ran over to the pile of weapons in the pawn shop once more, and grabbed one of Radec's grenades laying around.

Yanking out the pin with her teeth, like she'd seen so many action movie heroes and the like do... She threw the primed grenade towards Fawful's head, aiming for the resulting explosion to blow off his headcannon. While she hoped that it would be sturdy enough to not kill him, it should at least be enough to destroy it... Or so she was hoping anyways.

"Those are the blueprints on how to make your own Sandbird, Arbusti. The stage crew back there said that I could keep it because they didn't need it anymore. I figured that an old geezer like me wouldn't have any use for em, so why not give em to you?" The Noki said with a warm smile as he held out the blueprints.

@Crow
Ritsuka stepped back and braced herself. She placed the sword in front of her, hoping that the charging Fawful would impale himself.

Ami Kawashima
@Afterlife

Ami was able to swerve around the lasers, but portions of her clothes and hair got singed in the process... Further annoying her, and well, worrying her, considering that her approach with that pistol didn't work.

uAJHsfM.png

It felt almost humiliating actually, that a weird creature, that said things that like badly subtitled anime or something was besting her... But it wasn't over yet! As Fawful was distracted by Ritsuka briefly, Ami ran over to the pile of weapons in the pawn shop once more, and grabbed one of Radec's grenades laying around.

Yanking out the pin with her teeth, like she'd seen so many action movie heroes and the like do... She threw the primed grenade towards Fawful's head, aiming for the resulting explosion to blow off his headcannon. While she hoped that it would be sturdy enough to not kill him, it should at least be enough to destroy it... Or so she was hoping anyways.

After landing another successful attack, Yusuke prepared yet another one, but stopped himself when he would see Ami throw a grenade at their enemy. Instead he took cover, flinching when he would hear the explosion. After it was over, he arose and went after Fawful once more. "How's this!?" he called out, getting in yet another attack with his sword. Their foe was surprisingly resilient, yet he wasn't the strongest enemy Yusuke had faced either.​

tenor.gif

"Eh?"

Gon didn't get it at all, but apparently it was all actually some sort of game? And not real? All this trickery was beyond his simplistic mind. Thus, he turned over to the Doctor and Hina in confusion.

"... So can we go home now? I'm confused."

@Jeremi @Kaykay

Ritsuka stepped back and braced herself. She placed the sword in front of her, hoping that the charging Fawful would impale himself.
Ami Kawashima
@Afterlife

uAJHsfM.png

After landing another successful attack, Yusuke prepared yet another one, but stopped himself when he would see Ami throw a grenade at their enemy. Instead he took cover, flinching when he would hear the explosion. After it was over, he arose and went after Fawful once more. "How's this!?" he called out, getting in yet another attack with his sword. Their foe was surprisingly resilient, yet he wasn't the strongest enemy Yusuke had faced either.​

Fawful managed to swerve out of the way of Ritsuka's sword just before it would have impaled him, however it didn't help much due to the fact that a grenade was thrown right at his helmet, it exploding right next to his head and knocking it off onto the ground.

"You fink rats are the very annoying! You destroyed Fawful's most precious helmet!" He shouted as he watched his helmet get destroyed from the explosion of the grenade, but his helmet as well. With no way to defend himself. Fawful was yet again hit head on by Yusuke's sword, this time it being enough to completely knock him off his hovercraft.

The hovercraft fell to the ground with a loud THUD!, the circular piece of machinery rolling on its side before finally colliding with a wall and falling on the ground. Fawful, on the other hand, had fallen as well and was now standing up facing the group.

"You meddling fink-rats! All Fawful wanted was that star person so he could do some kingdom conquering. But instead you stood in Fawful's way, much like those red and green mustaches which I hate. You are like big walls made of stink!" He exclaimed as he went to pick up his headgear, which was now completely destroyed due to the aforementioned grenade. "You can keep the star person which smells of chortles. Fawful will be going now... going... going.. going... WITH YOU!!"

Suddenly, Fawful's usual wide toothy grin returned, and he pulled a what looked like a bomb out of his red cloak!

latest

The bomb soon blew up in Fawful's hand, and once the smoke had cleared,
he was gone along with his broken head gear.

"That was... strange." Shantae said before turning to the rest of the group. "Is everyone alright?"

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York @Minerva @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Afterlife

@Crow
frgvxQ9.png

"Looks like I will be seeing the Sand Bird again after all," Ernesti smiles as he accepts the blueprints. "Thanks Gramps, I'll cherish these. Maybe we will meet again someday with the new Sand Bird."

Ernesti bows as he returns to the others, rubbing the blueprints against his face like they were some sort of plushie.

"So, this is it, I guess? All that's left is to watch Alesha gain her prize and say our goodbyes before parting ways. Senpai and the others should be here to do the same any moment now."

Ernesti looks at his rolled up blueprints and utters under his breath, "I think I've gained the true prize."

@Khan of the Mardu @Mari @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Fawful managed to swerve out of the way of Ritsuka's sword just before it would have impaled him, however it didn't help much due to the fact that a grenade was thrown right at his helmet, it exploding right next to his head and knocking it off onto the ground.

"You fink rats are the very annoying! You destroyed Fawful's most precious helmet!" He shouted as he watched his helmet get destroyed from the explosion of the grenade, but his helmet as well. With no way to defend himself. Fawful was yet again hit head on by Yusuke's sword, this time it being enough to completely knock him off his hovercraft.

The hovercraft fell to the ground with a loud THUD!, the circular piece of machinery rolling on its side before finally colliding with a wall and falling on the ground. Fawful, on the other hand, had fallen as well and was now standing up facing the group.

"You meddling fink-rats! All Fawful wanted was that star person so he could do some kingdom conquering. But instead you stood in Fawful's way, much like those red and green mustaches which I hate. You are like big walls made of stink!" He exclaimed as he went to pick up his headgear, which was now completely destroyed due to the aforementioned grenade. "You can keep the star person which smells of chortles. Fawful will be going now... going... going.. going... WITH YOU!!"

Suddenly, Fawful's usual wide toothy grin returned, and he pulled a what looked like a bomb out of his red cloak!

latest

"That was... strange." Shantae said before turning to the rest of the group. "Is everyone alright?"

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York @Minerva @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Afterlife
fkGoHZ5.png

Despite being short of breath, Yusuke felt fine after the battle. He lowered the sword he had been using and breathed in deeply a few times before he would catch his breath. After catching his breath, the boy would first glance to their defeated enemy before speaking to the others. "And the curtain falls," he said to himself, pleased with their little group's accomplishment--for now at least.

"Everyone appears to be in good health," Yusuke analyzed as he would reply to Shantae. He placed his sword aside for a moment so that he could stretch his arms and wipe sweat off his forehead with the back of a hand. Afterwards, he rolled back his shoulders and placed a hand on one of them before rolling back his head as well. "It has been quiet some time since I have engaged in such taxing combat. it would be a lie to say I am not fatigued after that encounter," he paused before adding, "and somewhat famished." But let's face it, Yusuke's poor, skinny ass was always hungry.

"So... what now?" he suddenly asked the others, remembering where they were and what they had been doing before Fawful interrupted them. What really was next for them? Other than escaping the mysterious individual who had been chasing them before, they hadn't had much of a plan other than exploring this place.

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Fawful Fight Aftermath​

latest

fkGoHZ5.png

Despite being short of breath, Yusuke felt fine after the battle. He lowered the sword he had been using and breathed in deeply a few times before he would catch his breath. After catching his breath, the boy would first glance to their defeated enemy before speaking to the others. "And the curtain falls," he said to himself, pleased with their little group's accomplishment--for now at least.

"Everyone appears to be in good health," Yusuke analyzed as he would reply to Shantae. He placed his sword aside for a moment so that he could stretch his arms and wipe sweat off his forehead with the back of a hand. Afterwards, he rolled back his shoulders and placed a hand on one of them before rolling back his head as well. "It has been quiet some time since I have engaged in such taxing combat. it would be a lie to say I am not fatigued after that encounter," he paused before adding, "and somewhat famished." But let's face it, Yusuke's poor, skinny ass was always hungry.

"So... what now?" he suddenly asked the others, remembering where they were and what they had been doing before Fawful interrupted them. What really was next for them? Other than escaping the mysterious individual who had been chasing them before, they hadn't had much of a plan other than exploring this place.

@Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Fawful Fight Aftermath​
Ami Kawashima
@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah
@Afterlife

Ami looked to be quite the mess... Singed all over the place, and out of breath. Leaning against a nearby wall, she panted a little, taking a few moments just to recover before she looked up at Shantae and spoke.

olEvjG8.png

"Yeah... Fine." She said, an obvious hint of sarcasm in her voice.

It looks like Fawful was gone, having dropped an oversized smoke bomb to cover his tracks as he made his getaway, like your average cartoonish villain, but Ami could care less right now... All that mattered, what they were alive. Well, in relative terms anyways.​

latest

fkGoHZ5.png

Well, that was over. Glancing at the sword in his hands the god gave a small scoff.

"Tch, not as good as my Sekki, but it could've been worse." he muttered before cracking his back with a groan that made hims sound like the old man his was.

"Nice work with that sword though Yusuke." the god commented as he rubbed the poor muscles in his back.

Ami Kawashima
@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah
@Afterlife

Ami looked to be quite the mess... Singed all over the place, and out of breath. Leaning against a nearby wall, she panted a little, taking a few moments just to recover before she looked up at Shantae and spoke.

olEvjG8.png

It looks like Fawful was gone, having dropped an oversized smoke bomb to cover his tracks as he made his getaway, like your average cartoonish villain, but Ami could care less right now... All that mattered, what they were alive. Well, in relative terms anyways.​

tumblr_inline_ocfp0rXHKN1r3leyb_100.png

"Hey, you're not seriously injured are you?" Yato asked.

frgvxQ9.png

"Looks like I will be seeing the Sand Bird again after all," Ernesti smiles as he accepts the blueprints. "Thanks Gramps, I'll cherish these. Maybe we will meet again someday with the new Sand Bird."

Ernesti bows as he returns to the others, rubbing the blueprints against his face like they were some sort of plushie.

"So, this is it, I guess? All that's left is to watch Alesha gain her prize and say our goodbyes before parting ways. Senpai and the others should be here to do the same any moment now."

Ernesti looks at his rolled up blueprints and utters under his breath, "I think I've gained the true prize."

@Khan of the Mardu @Mari @thatguyinthestore
"Is that all you people care about...? Some meaningless prizes...?"

The khan's look of pure contempt was shot at all who surrounded her, those who acted as if this ending was right and proper. As if this was somehow just... "You will simply allow their sweetened lies to stand without testing of merit? Accepting of their drivel, acting as if there is nothing strange in this game?" For a moment, she could only clench her fists with a boiling expression, disbelieving the idea that the would accept this. That they would be willing to accept such a game as this as a fine activity to take part.

"Tell me, why would you all accept such a game as this? Why would you choose to take part in it?"

@Crow @Mari @thatguyinthestore

The khan's look of pure contempt was shot at all who surrounded her, those who acted as if this ending was right and proper. As if this was somehow just... "You will simply allow their sweetened lies to stand without testing of merit? Accepting of their drivel, acting as if there is nothing strange in this game?" For a moment, she could only clench her fists with a boiling expression, disbelieving the idea that the would accept this. That they would be willing to accept such a game as this as a fine activity to take part.

"Tell me, why would you all accept such a game as this? Why would you choose to take part in it?"

"W-well it helps with-a tourism." Luigi said flatly before gesturing over to the piantas. "There was already-a show like this before, but without the deaths. It started my bro, Mario. He had to clean up-a the paint after Bowser's son covered the island in it. It's a good way to show off the different islands of Isle Delfino and help attract-a tourists." Luigi said, hoping that he could explain this in a way that would help Alesha calm down.

"I'm-a sorry if you were-a hurt, Alesha. But everyone is alright. If you believe that what's going on within the show is really happening, then it helps more poeople believe it for better acting. No one actually died. Bowser was supposed to be here and explain this stuff, but I dunno where he went off too..." Luigi then nervously glanced over to Kirari and the VP, wondering if they perhaps knew where he was.

@Khan of the Mardu @Crow @Mari @Yun Lee

Ami Kawashima
@Afterlife

olEvjG8.png

It looks like Fawful was gone, having dropped an oversized smoke bomb to cover his tracks as he made his getaway, like your average cartoonish villain, but Ami could care less right now... All that mattered, what they were alive. Well, in relative terms anyways.

Well, that was over. Glancing at the sword in his hands the god gave a small scoff.

"Tch, not as good as my Sekki, but it could've been worse." he muttered before cracking his back with a groan that made hims sound like the old man his was.

"Nice work with that sword though Yusuke." the god commented as he rubbed the poor muscles in his back.

tumblr_inline_ocfp0rXHKN1r3leyb_100.png

"Hey, you're not seriously injured are you?" Yato asked.

Yusuke's 'what now' question fell to the wayside in his mind upon hearing a compliment from Yato. He was gushing with joy over the fact that the art god was pleased with his sword skills and had complimented his lowly self. Still, he had to play it cool and be modest. It slipped his mind most of the time, but at times like right now he remembered that he should try and contain his weird outbursts. Although he tried to hide his joy, anime sparkles were practically shimmering around his head.

Gg3YyI5.png

"It was nothing~ In fact, I'm out of practice,"
he stated, placing a hand to his chest. Damn, he even felt his heart skip a beat he was so touched. He couldn't help himself. This fellow was an art god after all. "But I must return your compliment and say you did quite well yourself, Yato-sama. I can tell that you've used such a weapon before," he added after a moment before glancing again to Ami and Shantae. He had almost forgotten to address them again. Opps. : |

"Forgive me, I suppose I should ask you the same question that you were kind enough to ask us. Are you all right, Shantae-san?" the boy questioned her.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi
"W-well it helps with-a tourism." Luigi said flatly before gesturing over to the piantas. "There was already-a show like this before, but without the deaths. It started my bro, Mario. He had to clean up-a the paint after Bowser's son covered the island in it. It's a good way to show off the different islands of Isle Delfino and help attract-a tourists." Luigi said, hoping that he could explain this in a way that would help Alesha calm down.

"I'm-a sorry if you were-a hurt, Alesha. But everyone is alright. If you believe that what's going on within the show is really happening, then it helps more poeople believe it for better acting. No one actually died. Bowser was supposed to be here and explain this stuff, but I dunno where he went off too..." Luigi then nervously glanced over to Kirari and the VP, wondering if they perhaps knew where he was.

"I don't care why these pigs did it, traitor... I care about why we did it!"

These Piantas were no concern to her at the moment. They were lambs to be slaughtered by the student council, and with their devotion to their own overlords and desire for coin by twisted tourism... They could all perish for what little she cared. Instead, her inquiry was directed at their own motives, the players' motives for taking part.

"Why would any of us choose to take part in this idiotic spectacle that makes a mockery of justice with its lies?! My horde had nothing to gain from this hollow victory, and in fact, my position as khan is almost certainly in doubt due to my absence for this waste! What exactly do I have to gain by taking part? There were no battles to earn glory as a part of, no treasures to aid my people in slaying the dragons that plague us. What would have driven me to take part in this game?"

"Do you truly expect a sane man to trust them in the supposed memories they provide us, Luigi? When they and you both have already lied and swindled us?! How will we know these supposed memories are not simply false, meant to dissuade us from striking back against them?"

• Love
Reactions: Takumi

These Piantas were no concern to her at the moment. They were lambs to be slaughtered by the student council, and with their devotion to their own overlords and desire for coin by twisted tourism... They could all perish for what little she cared. Instead, her inquiry was directed at their own motives, the players' motives for taking part.

"Why would any of us choose to take part in this idiotic spectacle that makes a mockery of justice with its lies?! My horde had nothing to gain from this hollow victory, and in fact, my position as khan is almost certainly in doubt due to my absence for this waste! What exactly do I have to gain by taking part? There were no battles to earn glory as a part of, no treasures to aid my people in slaying the dragons that plague us. What would have driven me to take part in this game?"

"Do you truly expect a sane man to trust them in the supposed memories they provide us, Luigi? When they and you both have already lied and swindled us?! How will we know these supposed memories are not simply false, meant to dissuade us from striking back against them?"
"They weren't out to-a harm you. None of us-a were! They altered your memories to make the show more believable for the audience. I'm-a sorry for lying, Alesha. But maybe you should just, yknow, lighten up a little?" Luigi said, the fright in his voice clearly present as he spoke through shaky words.

@Khan of the Mardu

Yusuke's 'what now' question fell to the wayside in his mind upon hearing a compliment from Yato. He was gushing with joy over the fact that the art god was pleased with his sword skills and had complimented his lowly self. Still, he had to play it cool and be modest. It slipped his mind most of the time, but at times like right now he remembered that he should try and contain his weird outbursts. Although he tried to hide his joy, anime sparkles were practically shimmering around his head.

Gg3YyI5.png

he stated, placing a hand to his chest. Damn, he even felt his heart skip a beat he was so touched. He couldn't help himself. This fellow was an art god after all. "But I must return your compliment and say you did quite well yourself, Yato-sama. I can tell that you've used such a weapon before," he added after a moment before glancing again to Ami and Shantae. He had almost forgotten to address them again. Opps. : |

"Forgive me, I suppose I should ask you the same question that you were kind enough to ask us. Are you all right, Shantae-san?" the boy questioned her.

"My Regalia Yukine becomes a katana actually, he helps me fight Ayakashi and pretty much protect me." Yato informed.

tumblr_inline_ocfoz62trv1r3leyb_100.png

"Plus, I've been around for a long time, so I've had some practice." he added. Any frustration or agitation he felt earlier dissipated into a slightly more calm mood.

Gg3YyI5.png

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm alright. It's just..." Shantae paused for a moment and inhaled through her nose before continuing. "That Fawful guy was so strange..."

The half-genie would then turn to look at Ririka. "Well, where do we go now?" Shantae asked as she picked up what looked like Rita's clipboard. She had been looking for this, so Shantae believed that she could do a good deed by giving it back to her. Ririka appeared to know her way around the place, so she might know a way out?

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Minerva @York @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Afterlife

"They weren't out to-a harm you. None of us-a were! They altered your memories to make the show more believable for the audience. I'm-a sorry for lying, Alesha. But maybe you should just, yknow, lighten up a little?" Luigi said, the fright in his voice clearly present as he spoke through shaky words.

@Khan of the Mardu

"I have to admit, this game is pretty morbid in a lot of ways," Ernesti says, "it plays with feelings, it does a lot of things. It's pretty similiar to a long line of battles - threat of death and loss, allies to acquaint with, the usual. The way I see it, I've acquainted with quite a number of allies walking towards a common goal - Yamashiro, Luigi, Rita, Yato, Yusuke, Senpai and you, among all. If this foe is as disgusting and a mockery as you say it is, wouldn't it be a good thing to have united with great allies to overcome it? The challenge may be fake, but I'd say that our alliances were pretty real, wouldn't you agree?"

Ernesti turned to Luigi.

"So, any plans for stuff like this in future? That may or may not have giant robots?"

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9