Status
Not open for further replies.
Between may-or-may-not-be a real skeleton and the crowd, Kido had managed to miss the two serial killers. But a certain half of the duo was a bit of a loud mouth. She looked in their direction and...

tumblr_inline_n0fdrozM5E1rhcyk4.png

"Wha- No way..."

She glanced again to make sure and, sure enough, two people she'd hoped to never see again. So much for relaxing at a party, huh? She thought about calling the cops, but did that work in a multiverse hotel or whatever? Heck, did her phone work at all?

Well regardless, causing a panic wasn't the way to go about this. For now, she just kept an eye on the two of them for suspicious behavior. And maybe intervention if some stupid girl bought their act again.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
sNxZh6N.jpg

Noticing Kido glancing back at them, Ghostface decided he could be a little cheeky. Chrome had said that they didn't want to get in a fight, right? Well, he wouldn't get up and assault Kido. That'd be pretty silly given that there were so many witnesses and he'd be a grown man attacking a teenager. Though, he did idly wonder how that cut he'd left on her thigh was treating her. Hopefully pretty badly.

Raising a gloved hand, he'd tilt his head and gave Kido a small wave.

Perhaps a sign of things to come or just an smart ass killer taunting the one who got away.

Probably the latter.
Kiritsugu deciding he sat around long enough got up and went back into the Party, if the girl wanted his help he'd have to track him down.

As he wandered about the setting he made a concious attempt to avoid Gilgamesh and 'Kirei' still. Though it really did seem most of these guests were troublesome folks.
For soon what he noticed were two... Thugs? They looked like they came from horror films, yelling at one another.

He didn't want to get involved, but this was going to cause a disturbance so he approached the duo and said "I think you two are at the wrong event. This is a formal gathering, not a Boxing ring".
HXa9WJC.jpg

"Eh? You have some kind of problem with me and my friend here? We have as much of a right to be here as everyone else. Besides, boxing? If you count that little sucker-punch my friend got in on me as boxing then he's Muhammad Ali."

ChromeSkull glanced around before typing up a message on his phone and holding it up for Kirtsugu to see.

8bV0Mtt.jpg

I DON'T SEE ANYONE ELSE WALKING UP TO US AND ASKING FOR US TO TONE IT DOWN. WHAT HAPPENED HERE WAS JUST A BRIEF DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN MY PARTNER AND MYSELF. NOTHING YOU SHOULD CONCERN YOURSELF WITH. MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S NONE OF YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS.

Slinging an arm around ChromeSkull's shoulder, Ghostface leaned in and chuckled as he looked the man standing before them.

9HcjSN8.jpg

"What he said! Or typed rather, ya see he's really embarrassed about his voice. He's got a real nasty Jerry Lewis thing going on. It really grates on your nerves! But, yeah rest assured we're about as formal as it gets! Mickey Alitieri and Jesse Cromeans! But, how about you, pal? You got this young Clint Eastwood 'Dirty Harry' era vibe going on. Don't worry though, it's not a bad thing or anything. I kinda like it in fact."

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Kaykay @Jeremi

Upon watching Ryan lay down as Kilgrave asked, Jade couldn't help but give a chuckle.

9VZApMf.gif

"Oh, ha ha ha! That really is rather amusing, isn't it?"

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause @Gen. Magic Senpai

---

"Tsubomi... Kido?" The name did not roll off Melodia's tongue easily. "A strange name... but it also sounds rather unrefined, I must admit. I feel sorry for you. Thank you for saying hi, at least. Lady Melodia is getting quite the bit of attention today."

xCbaG8m.png

To Jeen, Melodia smiled sweetly. "... Yes, I believe the bar is open. I'm fraid that's not my thing, however. And I'm sure you mean Jade, who I assure you is male. Such a nice name for a boy. On a girl, it seems rather tacky, don't you think?"

@Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hazel-rah @york

It'd be at this point a Gate of Babylon would be flying... But Gilgamesh still remembered Ryan's aversion to violence so he held back. Instead he simply laughed before declaring "Hmph! You presume enough importance to order I? The King of Heroes? Do not be so full of yourself you Mongrel". Then approaching closer to Kilgrave, looking him dead in the eyes as to say 'I am your Master here' he simply stated "Though sadly that isn't your gravest offence in the span of only a few short seconds. For you've insulted a friend of mine, and I don't usually take kindly to that... But in this case I'll let it go, if you apologize and then proceed to find the nearest dumpster to toss yourself into. Sound fair?".

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @C.T.
"..." Hmm. This development is...something. Perhaps it isn't Neo actually being someone special. Maybe she is the rule here, not the exception to it. My power being limited or even ineffectual in this case. If it is true, that's disquieting. Control would be lost to him and he could already imagine the long waiting periods that would come with having to ask instead of demanding. Growing up when everyone obeys your commands on a whim doesn't exactly give one a whole lot of patience.​

Jade's smile vanished and he gave Kilgrave a long hard look. "... While you have an amusing train of thought, I'm not keen on providing possible disruptions for Lady Melodia. If you wish to ensure a drink is in her hands at every moment, I would suggest you see to that yourself." Taking off his glasses for a moment, Jade aimed his red eyes squarely at Kilgrave.

seULCvQ.png

"Furthermore, I would be careful who you try to manipulate around here. I can't say myself or anyone close to are good choices. Don't you think?" Then, Jade was smiling, his glasses back on his face. "But otherwise, please, enjoy yourself."

Relaxing his stance, Jade looked between Gilgamesh and Kilgrave. "Do behave yourselves," he said with a shrug.​
And so far it seemed to indeed be the case. More immune than not. He would have to test more, to be sure, but nevertheless. "...Very well then." Kilgrave had no intention of pressing his luck with this man or his close companions. And he had been sure he wanted to reward Neo...when she was the only one who resisted. These two had done it as well. The need for discretion was higher now. He had Anya firmly in his power but so far no--​
If she had been about to say more, it was abruptly cut short when she was addressed by Kilgrave. Her smile fell at his words, and she grew a bit more solemn. "Oh.. I apologize, sir. I didn't intend to offend you whatso... ever...." Unaware of why she was suddenly trailing off, or why she felt so affected by the man's words, Ryan found herself suddenly doing just as she was told - lying face down on the floor.

Welp. This was confusing.​
vEF0bkV.jpg

Or maybe not. It does work here! Just not with everyone. "Now now, do not waste breath on an apology. I care not for it." His eyes turned to Gilgamesh. "Gilgamesh, is it? A King of Heroes. Well. My power may not work on you, but it clearly does for your friend here. If you make any move to harm me, well. You could say your friend's fate is linked with mine." Kilgrave grinned. That was not even remotely true, a complete bluff...but hopefully gave him control of the situation independent of his power. "Let us not go into such ugly displays, hmm? This is a party, after all." He reminded with a knowing look.

"So. You on the floor. What's your name?"

@Atomyk @Gen. Magic Senpai @Savannah-Clause

tumblr_inline_n9p1aspzYe1subh1h.png

"... They don't appreciate you, do they? You try to help them now, but you don't get the recognition?"

It seemed Hajime was keeping a close eye on Saitama, making an assumption like that. However, before Saitama could reply back, he shrugged before grabbing a drink, "Sorry, jumping the gun there. Just forget what I said if it was wrong or you don't want to talk about it."

@york @The Great Detective @Alyto @Verite
UuQveDH.gif

"Well... When you kinda put it like that, it sounds a little unheroic of me," Saitama responded, before giving a sigh, "Even though I'm considered a professional hero now, I'm mostly just a hero for fun. For a hobby. I never really cared about what other people thought just as long as I make sure they're alive and well. But... well, y'know, it eventually does get kinda annoying when I don't get any credit. Especially when it's your own disciple taking all the fame. Bet all the girls like him for his hair..."

"Don't worry. You're fine. Not often I get to talk about stuff like this. Not that I worry about it or anything. Really, at this point, the main thing I worry about is finding an enemy strong enough to hold his own against me."

Following suit, Saitama would proceed to pour himself some sake, and then... down the hatch it went! Normally, he'd much prefer tea. But like anyone, sometimes, alcohol helped a lot.

@The Yuletide Tactician @york @The Great Detective

"Hah! I suppose that's to be expected. It must be difficult staying cultured when you spend half your life in another dimension. And besides, I must confess that I did not put much thought into my costume." It was true. Hell, for a time it wasn't a costume. He was lucky the old thing wasn't half-eaten by moths or mildew when he fished it out of the closet. But it worked well enough for him. He wouldn't lose sleep if his cape had a wrinkle or two. He didn't care much about keeping up appearances, in the literal sense.

"But as I said, you look quite lovely. Even lovelier than that other woman you organized this gathering with. What was her name, again? Jewel? I do hope I get a chance to say hello to her as well. I might need to knock back a couple first, though, so I don't lose my nerve! Speaking of, it's open bar tonight, correct?"

Not so much in the figurative sense, either.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

tumblr_inline_n0fds8peUp1rhcyk4.png

"What the..."

A skeleton, with clothes, could talk? And she didn't like the feeling it was giving off. Being noticed was fine and all, but could it not at least actually look at her?

...On second thought, she probably didn't want it looking at her. Kind of creepy. Though maybe it was just a costume or something. She never should've gone to a party with the whole "spooky" theme or whatever.

"...Y-you're human, right?"

Not wanting too much more to do with Mr. Skeleton here, she turned to the other girl.

"Pretty much. Just...saying hi."

She hadn't approached the group with an actual topic of conversation in mind, and she couldn't think of one at the moment either. So perhaps some awkward standing around would do for now.

Actually, introductions were in order, no?

"I'm Kido. Tsubomi Kido," she introduced herself to nobody in particular. If anyone was listening, cool. If not, she could drift off somewhere else, or go eat, or something.

@Atomyk @Hazel-rah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause

Between may-or-may-not-be a real skeleton and the crowd, Kido had managed to miss the two serial killers. But a certain half of the duo was a bit of a loud mouth. She looked in their direction and...

tumblr_inline_n0fdrozM5E1rhcyk4.png

"Wha- No way..."

She glanced again to make sure and, sure enough, two people she'd hoped to never see again. So much for relaxing at a party, huh? She thought about calling the cops, but did that work in a multiverse hotel or whatever? Heck, did her phone work at all?

Well regardless, causing a panic wasn't the way to go about this. For now, she just kept an eye on the two of them for suspicious behavior. And maybe intervention if some stupid girl bought their act again.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
8m05os2.png

W.D. GASTER, AT YOUR SERVICE

UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCE

I WOULD BE SO TALKATIVE AND FRIENDLY

HOWEVER, I SUPPOSE THE ENVIROMENT OF THE PARTY IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO...

...BE SOCIAL!!

heh heh heh...fun party.

That was strange, his voice seemed to alter abit at the end there-- at first becoming very loud and friendly, and then suddenly becoming rather deep and sleepy. His eyes briefly sparked a strange blue and orange color as he chuckled to himself, before fading back into a black emptiness. The professor remained still for awhile as he stared at the ground, his own distorts and glitches not even moving him as he looked as he froze.

He suddenly looked back up to Yvaine.

AHEM

APOLOGIES FOR MY OUTBURST

RATHER RUDE OF ME...LADY YVAINE, IS IT?

A PLEASURE TO MAKE YOU ACQUAINTANCE, MADAM

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk @Kaykay @Hazel-rah

This was... Disconcerting, to say the least. Yvaine was still rather annoyed with this Melodia woman, but was more confused and curious about the Gaster fellow than the rude and stuck-up woman. The odd glitching, weird voice, sudden outburst? It all just made for a weird combination, albeit an.. Intriguing, one. Although Yvaine certainly wasn't going to let her guard down. "Ahh... Don't worry about it. And yes, it's Yvaine," she responded, mustering a very small smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Mister Gaster."

"..."

Uhh, what was she supposed to talk about? Socializing wasn't exactly her specialty.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hazel-rah @Atomyk

Link to sign-ups.

RULES

1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.

2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.

3. No god-modding or meta-gaming. If you're not sure what those terms mean, this blog post might just be for you!

4. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.

PROLOGUE
"You Have Been Cordially Invited..."

The Grand Hotel is practically a world all on its own. A world between worlds, nestled between countless universes and visited by countless more. As well known as it is within the greater multiverse, it is not a place one stumbles into accidentally. Men and women work tirelessly to ensure such a breach never occurs, for its entirely unknown what could be waiting in some corners of the multiverse. For you to have been invited to a party held at the hotel, you would either have to be an important figure, or at least know an important figure. Perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time. Maybe you're just really lucky. Either way, you've been invited to a place unlike any other.

And you've been told to dress up.

Whether the portal you take to get to the hotel is a whirling mass of light or just a simple door, you arrive in the entrance hall, surrounded by dozens of others arriving just as you are.

bP5z8MH.jpg

The hall is dimly lit in accordance with the night's theme. Candles and cobwebs lining the walls give the area a feeling of walking a dungeon's hallways. The ceiling is covered in an inky darkness that is black as night. Slow blinking lights peer down from the darkness and it's unclear if they are meant to be stars or watching eyes.

Within the hall stands a line of small, pouch-wearing penguins with small bat wings and two peg legs. Most of them appear to be blue and wearing small bowler hats. In their stubby fins are clipboards, all with the names of tonight's guests.

eSKXCgR.png

The Prinnies would greet you with a "Dood!" before taking your name and leading you away from the hall. Tonight's main attraction was, of course, the banquet hall.

zA5Hxvg.jpg

A sea of tables, chairs, and people stood before you, a mass of buzzing energy rolling off of them. While only a few hundred people attended tonight's party, the hall could easily fit toward a thousand if needed. Like the entrance hall, this room was also dimly lit, with small candles lining the walls and at every table. The fire was only magical, so there was no worry about someone getting burned. Toy-like bats comically flew around the ceiling in repeating patterns while wooden skeletons leaned casually against some of the walls as if they were set up to look bored with the evening. Arched windows that touched the ground lined the walls, showing off a grim and stormy night, though if one were to try and break through of these windows, they would find just an ordinary wall beyond.

Nicely enough, a bar sat nestled in the corner of the banquet hall.

Red drapery sat over a stage at the back of the banquet hall, while twin spotlights aimed down at the centre of the stage. After many of the guests had settled into their seats, a man with long brown hair and striking red eyes behind a pair of glasses would step into the spotlight. Many of the guests knew the man as Jade Curtiss, proprietor of this grand establishment.

RLWrIXI.jpg

The man smiled evenly as he looked over his guests. He was dressed in a dark cloak with a red cape, looking almost like some kind of dark magician. Once the buzz from below died out, Jade spoke, his voice clear to even those standing at the back of the room.

"I welcome all of you to this haunted evening held in honor of Lady Melodia of Mira! As co-founder of my company, Lady Melodia has been a valued person in my life, both professionally and personally. Her birthday nears, and while she wishes not to make clear what age she will soon reach, the least I could do is hold an event such as this for her. She wishes not to speak on stage, but you will find her mingling throughout the evening. Please, for my sake, wish her a happy birthday." Reaching up to touch at his glasses, Jade's eyes scanned the crowd below. "Now, adjacent to the banquet hall, you'll find the ballroom. There is not only more open space in there, but a section of the floor where you may partake in dancing. We will be holding a feast here later in the evening, so be sure not to fill up too much on appetizers."

Jade then pointed to the side of the hall. "All of you have been given individual rooms for the evening. That area of the hotel has been segregated from the party in order to ensure guests are able to rest without being disturbed by some of the more... rowdy of you. You may speak with a Prinny if you wish to retire for the evening, but I ask that you wait until we've had our special event." Jade's smile broadened at this subject. "We will be hosting an exciting game this evening! Due to the nature of the game, only a select few will be able to participate. If you're chosen, participation will be mandatory. I promise that the event will be exciting! I'll be giving out more details when the time comes. For now... Please, enjoy yourselves."

With that, Jade stepped off the stage. A flash of lightning from the windows accompanied this, almost as if Jade had planned it that way. Prinny servants poured into the hall carrying trays of food and drink, just enough to whet your appetite for the feast later in the evening.

The ballroom was where Jade had indicated, past an archway draped with a black curtain. Inside was almost as spacious as the banquet hall.

aMMgrfM.jpg

For the moment, it was decorated to look like an abandoned mansion. Rustic tables and chairs sat here, while dusty, abandoned furniture haphazardly lined the edges of the dance floor. Creaking wooden planks touched by cobwebs made up the walls. Despite this imagery, colored floodlights swayed down from above and dance music filled the air, giving the ballroom the feeling of being inside a club. At the edge of the dance floor was a platform ladder that rose up toward the ceiling. Though it was hard to see from below, there seemed to be a catwalk above where the lights were situated. A girl was standing up here, though it was tough to see what she was doing.

Back in the entrance hall, you would see a red-haired man arguing with one of the Prinnies. Listening in on the conversation, you'd hear the word "Coalition."

In the banquet hall, one of the servants strangely appeared to be an old man and not a Prinny, for whatever reason. Not too far away was a crowd of people surrounding a white-haired woman who looked rather serene in the face of all the attention was getting. At the opposite end of the hall was Jade, who was off by himself and appeared to be talking on a cellular phone.

Aside from these areas of interest, it seemed you were free to do whatever you wanted, whether that was getting on the dance floor, touching at the appetizers, or mingling with the other guests.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]​

A Dream Coming To A Reality
Mary's Prologue

Mary...

A distant voice would call out to the little girl inside her dreams. This voice was soft and pleasant to the ear almost as if it's very tone could caress Mary's cheek as the child slept. It spoke once more as its advice traveled from her dream to her memory.

That soft voice soon disappeared as it was interrupted by a static noise within Mary's dream; however, it wasn't enough to wake up Mary. The noise was mentally heard from Mary as it beeped at her three times. A different voice, one that was much more childlike, spoke saying that they were from the Radio NightNight station. Mary remembered this station as it was the dominant feature within her dream. Its host would always give her rules such as not touching the paintings and fragile objects, staying in the "pink path," and being prohibited from finding other doors. The host was a bit strange to Mary since Mary's dream only had three doors.

Mary looked around her room, seeing the two paintings and various objects. She knew that the host said not to touch these paintings, so she focused on what was on her desk. The child saw that there was a small gold radio sitting at the left side of the table while on the right had a vase with a single white flower. Seeing the flower made Mary smile as she remembered that her mother loved the color white. Even though she lived with her father, Mary never heard him say exactly what happened to her mother. She never saw pictures nor anything owned by her mother to indicate that her mother lived in the house. Maybe her mother abandoned Mary and her father when she was a baby? Still, there should have been something to show that her mother existed.

The little girl made her way to the door of the room as she noticed that there was a key on the keyhole. She wondered whether this key was the one that the soft voice described. Could this really be the key that Mary needed to look for? The child placed the key inside the pocket of her dress as she twisted the doorknob with her hand, opening the door.

On the outside of her room's door, she saw the first two doors of her friends down the "pink path," which was more like a pink hallway. Mary knew each of the people who lived in these two doors, so she wasn't that interested into talking to either of them for right now. She felt a bit exhausted with the constant place of her dream that always led to Mary playing with her three friends.

[spoili]

Bunnilda lives in the first door of the pink hallway, and Mary always sees her clean dream after dream. Bunnilda treats her especially nice as she always compliments Mary. For some reason, Bunnilda also comments to Mary saying that Mary has all beautiful features that her mother had.

Penn Guindel lives in the second door of the pink hallway, and Mary always sees him sitting on his chair, reading various books especially since his room is almost like a library. Mary loves being in his room as he would always read to her about various fairytales about princesses and knights. The adventures told within these stories filled Mary's pleasant imagination as she tried to imagine herself as a princess. The little girl loves Penn Guindel more than Bunnilda and Foxanne since he actually interacts with her more through reading and complimenting her.

Foxanne lives in the last door of the pink hallway in which her room is like a fancy restaurant with a bar. Mary usually sees Foxanne drinking her martinis out of a glass, but Foxanne always seems sober even with the drink. The child likes Foxanne, but Foxanne can be slightly rude towards Mary so she barely sees Foxanne. When Mary does visit, she and Foxanne play a game of hide and seek... that is if Foxanne isn't tired after playing one round.
[/spoili]

However, a nearby bush caught her eye as it shined in front of her. Mary didn't notice this bush before, so she approached it, wondering if the little tree contained anything fun. As her tiny hands spread the bush's thin branches, she saw a hole the size of her body underneath it. Her eyes widened at the sight, seeing that this was very confusing to her. Mary's dreams never really contained anything this strange. The little girl's body leaned against the bush's branches, trying to see if there was anything inside... but, the hole didn't have a bottom to it. As she continued to lean, the branches started to make a cracking sound as if it was about to break. It was then that Mary knew she needed to stop leaning against the bush, but it was too late. Her body fell towards the hole, taking her away from her "normal" dream. The last thing Mary saw before she completely fell into darkness was the bush's position within the pink hallway.

It was oddly on a patch of a dark brown rug.

[BCOLOR=#ff99cc]Hello! Welcome to the Hotel! Here you will be able to interact with others from different universes! This is possible due to the abilities that your mother never explained to you! For some reason, you were able to pass! Congratulations! Please take some time now to explore since you were invited! However, if you feel uncomfortable about a situation please make sure to come right back. We cannot guarantee your safety in another universe. Thank you for listening to Radio NightNight! [/BCOLOR]

The child stood at a corner of the Hotel's banquet being shy as ever... It was almost as if she was just a shadow among everyone. Her thoughts raced inside her mind as she stood there, trying to make sense about what the Radio NightNight had just said. Was she really out of her usual dream right now? She had never met anyone else aside from her tutor, maid, uncle, and father... Now, Mary is here with all these strange people.

And she was invited to a party.

Mary could hear another voice pop into her head.

Mary, you'll be fine. Carry on and enjoy the party. This is different from the rest of your dream, right? This is what you wanted.
But, be careful! Don't fall too deeply into the dream...
Remember to find the key...

@Alyto @Hazel-rah @The Yuletide Tactician @Savannah-Clause @Forrest @TheSpringwoodSlasher @DapperDogman @Verite @Mighty Roman @Saint Guillotine @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Cromartie Sarkissian @Jeremi @The Great Detective @The Silver Paladin @Archmage Jeremiah @Gen. Magic Senpai @Kaykay @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Lizzy @CCC Kouhai @Schnee Corp Lawyer @york @Raven @Mari @Sen @Sav @Arlathina @Hana @Librarian Cat @Krieg

Ah, so she was correct after all. This man was the host from before. Her typical polite smile not falling from her face, she clasped her hands together neatly and patiently waited for Kilgrave and Jade to finish their conversations before saying anymore, considering her family(especially Reece) had taught her that interrupting was impolite. She had intended to inquire if a certain few people were around, but her concentration was shattered when an all-too-familiar voice addressed her. Instantly, her head turned in Gilgamesh's direction, her smile widening.

tumblr_m82zgx8UCf1qdndm8o1_250.gif

"Gilgamesh!"

Uh oh. Gilgamesh probably shouldn't have made himself known, because now Ryan was trying to hug him. There was no escaping the Ryan hugs, now, Gilgamesh

Even as Gilgamesh went on to ask how long it had been and how she and Reece were, Ryan didn't stop smiling. No, this day had just gotten too much better for that prizewinning smile to fall, now! Instead, she just kept smiling, not hesitating to respond. "Eight years and forty-three days," she stated, thoughtfully. "...But I've been alright. Reece hasn't been around the Manor much," the Caster explained, bright green eyes shining with happiness. "What about you? It's been a long time--"

If she had been about to say more, it was abruptly cut short when she was addressed by Kilgrave. Her smile fell at his words, and she grew a bit more solemn. "Oh.. I apologize, sir. I didn't intend to offend you whatso... ever...." Unaware of why she was suddenly trailing off, or why she felt so affected by the man's words, Ryan found herself suddenly doing just as she was told - lying face down on the floor.

Welp. This was confusing.

@C.T. @Gen. Magic Senpai @Atomyk
"..." Hmm. This development is...something. Perhaps it wasn't Neo actually being someone special. Maybe she is the rule here, not the exception to it. My power being limited or even ineffectual in this case. If it is true, that's disquieting. Control would be lost to him and he could already imagine the long waiting periods that would come with having to ask instead of demanding. Growing up when everyone obeys your commands on a whim doesn't exactly give one a whole lot of patience.​

And so far it seemed to indeed be the case. More immune than not. He would have to test more, to be sure, but nevertheless. "...Very well then." Kilgrave had no intention of pressing his luck with this man or his close companions. And he had been sure he wanted to reward Neo...when she was the only one who resisted. These two had done it as well. The need for discretion was higher now. He had Anya firmly in his power but so far no--​

vEF0bkV.jpg

Or maybe not. It does work here! Just not with everyone. "Now now, do not waste breath on an apology. I care not for it." His eyes turned to Gilgamesh. "Gilgamesh, is it? A King of Heroes. Well. My power may not work on you, but it clearly does for your friend here. If you make any move to harm me, well. You could say your friend's fate is linked with mine." Kilgrave grinned. That was not even remotely true, a complete bluff...but hopefully gave him control of the situation independent of his power. "Let us not go into such ugly displays, hmm? This is a party, after all." He reminded with a knowing look.

"So. You on the floor. What's your name?"

@Atomyk @Gen. Magic Senpai @Savannah-Clause

Gilgamesh let Ryan hug her when she came in. Such a reaction was to be expected from Ryan anyways, and Gilgamesh would have been a fool to expect any different. But he didn't exactly have the the time to respond to her, for mid-way through her own sentences she did something insanely bizarre... She listen to the man's orders... Word, for, word. Ok, clearly this individual did have some powers of persuasion, powers strong enough to even influence a Caster. Seeing this Gilgamesh shot Kilgrave an angry glare that could mean nothing else but that he's dead... But now wasn't the time, not with Ryan present. So with great difficulty he resisted the temptation, his gates of Babylon definitely swung open, but they exposed nothing. Instead they acted as a barrier to seperate Ryan from the man, as Gilgamesh pulled her back on her feet saying "Get up! He has no place ordering you about!".

Then shouting out to Kilgrave from behind the Gates "Hmph! You claim to not want to make a messy display? Then prove it, release control of her!" and right then some of his weapons appeared from his gates "Or I will release it myself. Fate's tied or not, a death is merciful compared to what you are doing!". Though that was also a Bluff, somewhat. He definitely saw death as merciful, but he wasn't going to be that quick to kill the guy in case it did kill Ryan. He'd aim for another method of saving her first.

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause @Atomyk

sNxZh6N.jpg

Noticing Kido glancing back at them, Ghostface decided he could be a little cheeky. Chrome had said that they didn't want to get in a fight, right? Well, he wouldn't get up and assault Kido. That'd be pretty silly given that there were so many witnesses and he'd be a grown man attacking a teenager. Though, he did idly wonder how that cut he'd left on her thigh was treating her. Hopefully pretty badly.

Perhaps a sign of things to come or just an smart ass killer taunting the one who got away.

Probably the latter.

HXa9WJC.jpg

"Eh? You have some kind of problem with me and my friend here? We have as much of a right to be here as everyone else. Besides, boxing? If you count that little sucker-punch my friend got in on me as boxing then he's Muhammad Ali."

ChromeSkull glanced around before typing up a message on his phone and holding it up for Kirtsugu to see.

8bV0Mtt.jpg

I DON'T SEE ANYONE ELSE WALKING UP TO US AND ASKING FOR US TO TONE IT DOWN. WHAT HAPPENED HERE WAS JUST A BRIEF DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN MY PARTNER AND MYSELF. NOTHING YOU SHOULD CONCERN YOURSELF WITH. MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S NONE OF YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS.

Slinging an arm around ChromeSkull's shoulder, Ghostface leaned in and chuckled as he looked the man standing before them.

9HcjSN8.jpg

"What he said! Or typed rather, ya see he's really embarrassed about his voice. He's got a real nasty Jerry Lewis thing going on. It really grates on your nerves! But, yeah rest assured we're about as formal as it gets! Mickey Alitieri and Jesse Cromeans! But, how about you, pal? You got this young Clint Eastwood 'Dirty Harry' era vibe going on. Don't worry though, it's not a bad thing or anything. I kinda like it in fact."

"Regardless as to if that's the case or not, throwing punches isn't how one expresses anything positive at these events... Don't get me wrong, a fight is to be expected judging from the guests here. But let it be for an actual serious reason. And your friend can type if he desires to, as long as we're all on the same page here" was all Kiritsugu would state to the two. Thankfully at least one of them seemed to like him, which might make this a bit easier, but regardless he chose to stay focused on why he addressed the two, instead of getting derailed with compliments.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @Jeremi

UuQveDH.gif

"Well... When you kinda put it like that, it sounds a little unheroic of me," Saitama responded, before giving a sigh, "Even though I'm considered a professional hero now, I'm mostly just a hero for fun. For a hobby. I never really cared about what other people thought just as long as I make sure they're alive and well. But... well, y'know, it eventually does get kinda annoying when I don't get any credit. Especially when it's your own disciple taking all the fame. Bet all the girls like him for his hair..."

"Don't worry. You're fine. Not often I get to talk about stuff like this. Not that I worry about it or anything. Really, at this point, the main thing I worry about is finding an enemy strong enough to hold his own against me."

Following suit, Saitama would proceed to pour himself some sake, and then... down the hatch it went! Normally, he'd much prefer tea. But like anyone, sometimes, alcohol helped a lot.

@The Yuletide Tactician @york @The Great Detective
tumblr_inline_n9p1850srp1subh1h.png

For the entirety of Saitama's rant, Hajime nodded along with an attentive expression, taking his words seriously. He noted down each detail of his word, making sure he understood the pain that the superhero was experiencing. Finally, once Saitama finished up and downed a cup of sake, the former Ultimate Despair piped up once again, "No, no, it's not unheroic... It's human, Saitama."

"Even when you've got powers like you do, it makes sense that sometimes, things just wear you down eventually. It especially sucks when it's because of your hobby that you're in pain like you are, but... Don't worry, Saitama. People will someday realize the good you do for them, whether it's out of fun or out of duty. They'll realize who the real hero is, and you'll get your justice. You've just got to have hope, you know?"

"Oh, and don't worry, there are some women who love bald guys," He finished with a smile, trying to end with a joke with an edge of truth, "Anyways, I know it's a little weird since we just met... But if you need to talk anymore, I'm here for you, Superman."

@york @The Great Detective @Verite

With a loud grunt, Rita was shoved backward from Peashy. She'd been enough fights to have the instinct to avoid falling down. Before she knew it, Rita had a book open in one hand and a large sash in the other.

yLbEpXO.png

"What's your problem, huh?! Do you even know how to play? If you want a fight, you should know I'm stronger than I look!" Rita really did seem ready to attack, but something made her pause. She glanced toward Jade standing nearby. "... But we're in the middle of a party, so I'll spare it. Try to be less difficult." She stared at Peashy, not dropping her items until the little girl understood what she was saying.

@Alyto @Verite
tumblr_inline_nsuobiXUSG1re9spw_540.png

"Oh... my bad..." Peashy responded.

tumblr_inline_nsuoi1B5Gx1re9spw_540.png

"So... does that mean you're it?"

@Verite

tumblr_nvytdrBouQ1rgvgw5o1_400.jpg

Prologue - Ambassador of the Red Sea
He was late. It had taken the memo a bit too long to reach him in the midst of all these eyeballs and gore of the Red Sea, after all, Sal was moving all of the time. The white shark hastily made his way towards the portal, a big red gate located not far from the halls of Princess Mikotsu, dropping everything else he had been planning to do - which was nothing. The Red Sea was peaceful, so peaceful that there was nothing to do. This party was a perfect time-killer, not to mention it would perfect for him to study to see what they - and their worlds - would be like. The Red Shark looked down at his attire and scowled, remembering that this was a costumed party. After a few seconds of mulling, he continued running. A white suit wasn't that bad. He could say he was dressing up as Wadanohara's white knight~ ♪

Throwing the gate open, he tapped his foot patiently as it began to move, swirling violently in different colours of red. Going to the Blue Sea and back in the portal was an easy task, but anywhere else and it would be quite slow. Nevertheless, when the portal was finally ready, the shark leapt through.
Sal_%28shark_form%29_1.png
Emerging on the other side in his... less-than-preferred form. It was more for fitting in with the residents of the Blue Sea. It was for the cute factor, he supposed, being cute was good, right? People suspected him less. He plastered a smile to his face as he drifted down the halls, turning his head this way to make sure he was heading in the right direction, as the hall was dimly lit and void of any people. "Penguins~♪" he smiled, gliding up to them. They were holding onto clipboards with a long list of names of the invited. He points at his name with a flipper before quickly dashing off to the banquet hall, the lights there brighter than the hallway he had just left.
Sal_%28shark_form%29_13.png

Jen had her fill of the talking...

Were all westerners so long winded and in love with themselves? And they seemed to just talk and talk without really saying much, perhaps they needed a children's book to better illustrate what they would mean, instead of talking non stop. Where she was from, the talking was done or delegated by those with roles in society, real power. She wondered about many of these people. And the one who she thought would share some true wisdom, the old man... he didn't say much!

So she walked away and stayed a little distant from the main group. But not without taking a drink.

tumblr_n0rdioOyes1qzcdwso4_250.gif

She felt she endured a lot just hearing all that talk. Her heroic efforts were deserving of a drink of wine, especially one in a relatively quiet place. The drink, and the quieter environment, felt very nice.

@Atomyk @gen. gwazi senpai @DapperDogman

This was... Disconcerting, to say the least. Yvaine was still rather annoyed with this Melodia woman, but was more confused and curious about the Gaster fellow than the rude and stuck-up woman. The odd glitching, weird voice, sudden outburst? It all just made for a weird combination, albeit an.. Intriguing, one. Although Yvaine certainly wasn't going to let her guard down. "Ahh... Don't worry about it. And yes, it's Yvaine," she responded, mustering a very small smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Mister Gaster."

"..."

Uhh, what was she supposed to talk about? Socializing wasn't exactly her specialty.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hazel-rah @Atomyk
Gaster would return her smile with his own-- he seemed to always be smiling, so it didn't actually matter much. He knew why his outburst happened, but he knew not to gossip about it. It wasn't important-- he shouldn't even be here right now, so none of this was really important.

I HAVE MADE AN OBSERVATION ABOUT YOU, LADY YVAINE

YOUR SOUL

IT IS ENDLESS. UNDYING, IN A WAY. THE TIMELINES AHEAD DO NOT HINT OF YOUR PASSING IN ANY WAY

Gaster then seemed to stare right through her-- into her SOUL.

The world around Yvaine seemed to darken as wingdings began to fill the blackness

tumblr_nxt29nkUH61uft5y7o1_500.gif

YOU ARE IMMORTAL, ARENT YOU?

AN UNDYING SPIRIT WHO HAS FOUND A WAY TO TRANSCEND ABOVE AND BEYOND MORTALITY, WHETHER BY CHOICE OR BY SUDDEN EVENTS.

HM

YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW.

HOW

FASCINATING.

Gaster laughed grimly, his voice becoming more and more static as he read Yvaine like a book. It didn't seem like a threat of any kind, but Yvaine could feel Gaster's overwhelming presence now. He had no life force to speak of, no SOUL-- he was a being that was beyond her comprehension. He was like her..in a way.

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk @Hazel-rah @Kaykay

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
"Hah! I suppose royalty has to keep up appearances at all times, even on their birthdays. Ain't that a shame." He gave Melodia a sly wink. "Well, if you change your mind, let me know. I might not look it, but I know how to have fun when I really want to."

"Oh, is he? My mistake. Cleans up rather nicely, I must admit. So my point still stands, I guess!" He let out a good, hearty chuckle. It didn't sound totally sarcastic. "As for names... don't take much stock in 'em. Pretty shallow thing to pass judgment on, if you ask me. That's your thing, though, well... your prerogative, I guess. I suppose standards are different when you've got people to impress every day." He shrugged.

"That reminds me, I never introduced myself! Name's Geno. Prefer Jeen nowadays, though. Hope my name passes inspection." He stuck out his hand. "I hope a handshake isn't out of line, milady."

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @york

tumblr_inline_n9p1850srp1subh1h.png

For the entirety of Saitama's rant, Hajime nodded along with an attentive expression, taking his words seriously. He noted down each detail of his word, making sure he understood the pain that the superhero was experiencing. Finally, once Saitama finished up and downed a cup of sake, the former Ultimate Despair piped up once again, "No, no, it's not unheroic... It's human, Saitama."

"Even when you've got powers like you do, it makes sense that sometimes, things just wear you down eventually. It especially sucks when it's because of your hobby that you're in pain like you are, but... Don't worry, Saitama. People will someday realize the good you do for them, whether it's out of fun or out of duty. They'll realize who the real hero is, and you'll get your justice. You've just got to have hope, you know?"

"Oh, and don't worry, there are some women who love bald guys," He finished with a smile, trying to end with a joke with an edge of truth, "Anyways, I know it's a little weird since we just met... But if you need to talk anymore, I'm here for you, Superman."

@york @The Great Detective @Verite
tumblr_inline_nsuobiXUSG1re9spw_540.png

"Oh... my bad..." Peashy responded.

tumblr_inline_nsuoi1B5Gx1re9spw_540.png

"So... does that mean you're it?"

@Verite
tumblr_inline_mqm4wrRd0w1s5ig4s.png

As Hajime spoke, Saitama seemed to really consider the younger man's words. Human, huh? Yeah... maybe. After everything Saitama had done, and looking at what he was capable of, it was easy to forget... He was honestly just as human as everyone else. But, almost like Superman himself, it was easy to forget that because to normal people, he was like a god among men.

Well, technically, Superman was an alien, but whatever. That's different.

Though Saitama would seem to take Hajime's words to heart, it didn't look like his facial expression changed much to signify this, though he would still speak once that was over with.

"Huh, maybe. That's pretty deep. You a psychologist or something, kid?" He would inquire curiously, though before he would be able to hear Hajime's answer, his attention would be drawn away over to Peashy.

tumblr_inline_mg8i5iY3yF1qf6dad.png

"Huh? It? Am I suddenly playing tag now?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @york @Alyto @Atomyk (?)​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
"Regardless as to if that's the case or not, throwing punches isn't how one expresses anything positive at these events... Don't get me wrong, a fight is to be expected judging from the guests here. But let it be for an actual serious reason. And your friend can type if he desires to, as long as we're all on the same page here" was all Kiritsugu would state to the two. Thankfully at least one of them seemed to like him, which might make this a bit easier, but regardless he chose to stay focused on why he addressed the two, instead of getting derailed with compliments.

ChromeSkull was quietly growing irritated as this man seemed insistent on meddling with their affairs. When both of them had stated in rather blunt terms that this guy didn't have any real reason to stick his nose where it wasn't warranted or requested.

But it'd be going against his own orders if he attacked this man. So, he'd just have to keep pushing the point.

HOW GENEROUS OF YOU.

It could be said that sarcasm didn't translate well to text but in this case? It seemed pretty damn obvious.

IN ANY CASE, YOU'VE SAID YOUR PIECE AND MICKEY'S UNHARMED FROM OUR 'ONE PUNCH FIGHT' SO, WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING TO BOTHER US? THERE AIN'T NO FIGHT HERE AND IF YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT I DID, YOU'RE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE AND I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO TAKE A HIKE.

Ghostface didn't like the looks of this guy. Mainly because while he thought Clint Eastwood was a badass actor and person and all, a fight breaking out between this guy and ChromeSkull didn't seem like it'd do more than attract unnecessary attention to them.

lNklNBI.png

"Aw Jesse, that's no way to behave! This is a party! We should be happy, kicking back and maybe drinking a couple of cold ones! Not being at each other's throats. Listen, you don't have anything to worry about. No more punches will be thrown between the two of us. So, don't sweat it! But if you could leave us to our own devices unless you want to sit down and shoot the shit with us, that'd be real grand."

ChromeSkull was quietly growing irritated as this man seemed insistent on meddling with their affairs. When both of them had stated in rather blunt terms that this guy didn't have any real reason to stick his nose where it wasn't warranted or requested.

But it'd be going against his own orders if he attacked this man. So, he'd just have to keep pushing the point.

HOW GENEROUS OF YOU.

It could be said that sarcasm didn't translate well to text but in this case? It seemed pretty damn obvious.

IN ANY CASE, YOU'VE SAID YOUR PIECE AND MICKEY'S UNHARMED FROM OUR 'ONE PUNCH FIGHT' SO, WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING TO BOTHER US? THERE AIN'T NO FIGHT HERE AND IF YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT I DID, YOU'RE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE AND I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO TAKE A HIKE.

Ghostface didn't like the looks of this guy. Mainly because while he thought Clint Eastwood was a badass actor and person and all, a fight breaking out between this guy and ChromeSkull didn't seem like it'd do more than attract unnecessary attention to them.

lNklNBI.png

"Aw Jesse, that's no way to behave! This is a party! We should be happy, kicking back and maybe drinking a couple of cold ones! Not being at each other's throats. Listen, you don't have anything to worry about. No more punches will be thrown between the two of us. So, don't sweat it! But if you could leave us to our own devices unless you want to sit down and shoot the shit with us, that'd be real grand."

Well, Kiritsugu could just keep wandering. But it might be best to make sure these two don't go back to... whatever right after he leaves. So he took a seat and said "Ok, I'll shoot. What bring people like you two to a place like this?".
Meanwhile he kept on eye on his general surroundings, he didn't want another incident to hit him by surprise. Thankfully nothing else seemed to be happening... In his general area at least.

sNxZh6N.jpg

Probably the latter.
Great. The cheeky bastard was waving now. She was tempted to just take off running as far as she could go, but that'd be rather suspicious, not to mention rude.

Kido tried to give him a sharp glare, but with what'd happened she ended up giving up half-way and just turned away, biting her lip.

Who let killers into a hotel on purpose anyway? Surely some sort of multiverse police force or something knew what they were? Or perhaps she was the only one who knew. She should've never taken that invite. On the bright side, some guy seemed to be talking with them. If he was there to lock them away, that'd be nice, but he seemed to be talking to them for way too long for that to be the case. Perhaps she'd go over there and try to help the potentially unsuspecting guy out if anything went awry.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Gen. Magic Senpai
"Tsubomi... Kido?" The name did not roll off Melodia's tongue easily. "A strange name... but it also sounds rather unrefined, I must admit. I feel sorry for you. Thank you for saying hi, at least. Lady Melodia is getting quite the bit of attention today."
Kido didn't really think of her name as strange. Sure, maybe some people would find it hard to say or something, but feeling sorry for her about it? A little on the high-and-mighty side apparently.

tumblr_inline_n0fdqquPia1rhcyk4.png

"Thanks for your concern, but my name has served me fine. And...no problem."

Between that attitude and the skeleton who was only getting more and more creepy, the girl was really re-thinking her choice of company. Not to mention the duo serial killers she was sure were locked up. Well, one last shot at communication. She turned to Yvaine, who seemed to be the only person she could actually talk with among the present company. Jeen didn't seem bad yet but Kido was a bit on edge at the moment.

Only to turn away again as she was speaking with Gaster about some stuff that didn't really make sense to her. More standing around for now, then.

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hazel-rah @york

Coraline almost scoffed at his ridiculous comment. How could a few plastic skeleton props be insulting?

ohyeahcuzhesaskeleton

Instead she shrugged, trying to see it from his POV. "Oh yeah...that's a...human tradition. Well, used to be where I come from." she sputtered out quick, deciding to roll with the weirdness before she had time to fully comprehend it. "It's to celebrate Halloween. We'd put up a bunch of decorations like that once a year. I don't really know why, but it was still fun!"

@DapperDogman
"What an odd tradition, and you don't even dress them up?" he asks, sounding interested "How peculiar, you humans are quite vulgar"

"And your children and simply repulsive...Murderous little ba-" he stops, turning toward the middle of the room slowly, his eye blazing as he locks eyes with the Bogeyman once again, seeing the same old visage of Chara, though someone passed between the pair and he was gone, leaving the skeleton to sigh gently "I hate that human"

@Archmage Jeremiah

Link to sign-ups.

RULES

1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.

2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.

3. No god-modding or meta-gaming. If you're not sure what those terms mean, this blog post might just be for you!

4. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.

PROLOGUE
"You Have Been Cordially Invited..."

The Grand Hotel is practically a world all on its own. A world between worlds, nestled between countless universes and visited by countless more. As well known as it is within the greater multiverse, it is not a place one stumbles into accidentally. Men and women work tirelessly to ensure such a breach never occurs, for its entirely unknown what could be waiting in some corners of the multiverse. For you to have been invited to a party held at the hotel, you would either have to be an important figure, or at least know an important figure. Perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time. Maybe you're just really lucky. Either way, you've been invited to a place unlike any other.

And you've been told to dress up.

Whether the portal you take to get to the hotel is a whirling mass of light or just a simple door, you arrive in the entrance hall, surrounded by dozens of others arriving just as you are.

bP5z8MH.jpg

The hall is dimly lit in accordance with the night's theme. Candles and cobwebs lining the walls give the area a feeling of walking a dungeon's hallways. The ceiling is covered in an inky darkness that is black as night. Slow blinking lights peer down from the darkness and it's unclear if they are meant to be stars or watching eyes.

Within the hall stands a line of small, pouch-wearing penguins with small bat wings and two peg legs. Most of them appear to be blue and wearing small bowler hats. In their stubby fins are clipboards, all with the names of tonight's guests.

eSKXCgR.png

The Prinnies would greet you with a "Dood!" before taking your name and leading you away from the hall. Tonight's main attraction was, of course, the banquet hall.

zA5Hxvg.jpg

A sea of tables, chairs, and people stood before you, a mass of buzzing energy rolling off of them. While only a few hundred people attended tonight's party, the hall could easily fit toward a thousand if needed. Like the entrance hall, this room was also dimly lit, with small candles lining the walls and at every table. The fire was only magical, so there was no worry about someone getting burned. Toy-like bats comically flew around the ceiling in repeating patterns while wooden skeletons leaned casually against some of the walls as if they were set up to look bored with the evening. Arched windows that touched the ground lined the walls, showing off a grim and stormy night, though if one were to try and break through of these windows, they would find just an ordinary wall beyond.

Nicely enough, a bar sat nestled in the corner of the banquet hall.

Red drapery sat over a stage at the back of the banquet hall, while twin spotlights aimed down at the centre of the stage. After many of the guests had settled into their seats, a man with long brown hair and striking red eyes behind a pair of glasses would step into the spotlight. Many of the guests knew the man as Jade Curtiss, proprietor of this grand establishment.

RLWrIXI.jpg

The man smiled evenly as he looked over his guests. He was dressed in a dark cloak with a red cape, looking almost like some kind of dark magician. Once the buzz from below died out, Jade spoke, his voice clear to even those standing at the back of the room.

"I welcome all of you to this haunted evening held in honor of Lady Melodia of Mira! As co-founder of my company, Lady Melodia has been a valued person in my life, both professionally and personally. Her birthday nears, and while she wishes not to make clear what age she will soon reach, the least I could do is hold an event such as this for her. She wishes not to speak on stage, but you will find her mingling throughout the evening. Please, for my sake, wish her a happy birthday." Reaching up to touch at his glasses, Jade's eyes scanned the crowd below. "Now, adjacent to the banquet hall, you'll find the ballroom. There is not only more open space in there, but a section of the floor where you may partake in dancing. We will be holding a feast here later in the evening, so be sure not to fill up too much on appetizers."

Jade then pointed to the side of the hall. "All of you have been given individual rooms for the evening. That area of the hotel has been segregated from the party in order to ensure guests are able to rest without being disturbed by some of the more... rowdy of you. You may speak with a Prinny if you wish to retire for the evening, but I ask that you wait until we've had our special event." Jade's smile broadened at this subject. "We will be hosting an exciting game this evening! Due to the nature of the game, only a select few will be able to participate. If you're chosen, participation will be mandatory. I promise that the event will be exciting! I'll be giving out more details when the time comes. For now... Please, enjoy yourselves."

With that, Jade stepped off the stage. A flash of lightning from the windows accompanied this, almost as if Jade had planned it that way. Prinny servants poured into the hall carrying trays of food and drink, just enough to whet your appetite for the feast later in the evening.

The ballroom was where Jade had indicated, past an archway draped with a black curtain. Inside was almost as spacious as the banquet hall.

aMMgrfM.jpg

For the moment, it was decorated to look like an abandoned mansion. Rustic tables and chairs sat here, while dusty, abandoned furniture haphazardly lined the edges of the dance floor. Creaking wooden planks touched by cobwebs made up the walls. Despite this imagery, colored floodlights swayed down from above and dance music filled the air, giving the ballroom the feeling of being inside a club. At the edge of the dance floor was a platform ladder that rose up toward the ceiling. Though it was hard to see from below, there seemed to be a catwalk above where the lights were situated. A girl was standing up here, though it was tough to see what she was doing.

Back in the entrance hall, you would see a red-haired man arguing with one of the Prinnies. Listening in on the conversation, you'd hear the word "Coalition."

In the banquet hall, one of the servants strangely appeared to be an old man and not a Prinny, for whatever reason. Not too far away was a crowd of people surrounding a white-haired woman who looked rather serene in the face of all the attention was getting. At the opposite end of the hall was Jade, who was off by himself and appeared to be talking on a cellular phone.

Aside from these areas of interest, it seemed you were free to do whatever you wanted, whether that was getting on the dance floor, touching at the appetizers, or mingling with the other guests.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin as Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]​

Prologue: LET GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

Arisu had been enjoying some me time to herself before the invitation arrived days ago. Finding it interesting, she brought it up to her mother and sister and after a long talk convinced her mom that she could go.

So, she prepared herself for the party. She waited a while, and when she was deciding to change out if her costume to something more casual a portal just so happened to appear.

In her opened closet. Now, normally, she probably would have questioned so many things about it randomly appearing in her closet and heck, why she even got an invitation. But, she grew curious and excited before entering.

It was a weird experience going through a portal, she felt her body stretch and shrink through space and time before stumbling out of the other end like she had gotten off of a roller coaster.

It took her a moment to regain her composure before going over to the Penguin like creatures with the clipboards and pointing to her name before heading to where many of the others were gathered. She was just a bit late, but she hoped she that wasn't too noticeable.

@Anybody @Crap prologue but whatever

• Love
Reactions: Mari
Status
Not open for further replies.