Status
Not open for further replies.
Jade frowned at what Hajime hdad to say, but regarded Saitama first, managing not to look confused as the man asked the obvious. "Just check in with one of the Prinnies and they will have some food for you to peruse. Unless, you mean the main course, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait. The kitchen is off limits at the moment. Don't want anyone messing with the food, now do we? As for that poor Prinny..."

g8L5duQ.png

"What a bother. Kieran was always a bit clumsy. It's a good thing the Prinnies reincarnate, or else the Coalition might have some paying to do. The Prinnies explode when thrown, but-- Well, I suppose they do get thrown more often around here than they should. I promise you that it's not a safety concern. We do have the best doctors." He then took the clipboard then with a nod. "... Now, Is there anything else I can do for you two before I accost my clumsy ambassador?"
tumblr_inline_mr6csbL5Qp1qz4rgp.png

"Huh, funny, for once I'm not the only sane man..." Hajime seemed to be joking based on the tone, but there was an edge of truth to what he said as he nodded in agreement with Saitama, "Most people just take this stuff as normal, so it's kind of nice to know that you're thinking like I am..." A memory of an old friend named Kyon came to mind, and Hajime couldn't help but momentarily compare the two men. His eyes then darted around the room, scoping out the crowd for anyone who was actually normal, "... Though there's not many normal people around..."

"Anyways, I'm Hajime Hinata, nice to meet you, Superman."

@Atomyk @Verite
tumblr_inline_mqm4waRNln1s5ig4s.png

"Superman, huh?"

Well, that was flattering. At least someone was recognizing him as a hero, if only because he was dressed up like one. This showed on the somewhat dopey expression he would make, barely able to hide the slight bout of giddiness, which would go away upon clearing his throat.

"Close, but the name's Saitama. It's nice to meet you too, Hinata."

Normal and polite to boot? Well, I'll be.

tumblr_inline_mqm5x5wHie1s5ig4s.png

As for Jade, the bald hero would nod thoughtfully, looking around for the other so-called Prinnies. "A main course, along with appetizers, huh? Really is a high-class party..." Saitama commented, before nodding again, "Thanks for the pointer. Excuse me," he spoke somewhat formally, before walking off. Anyone nearby could almost feel a strangely strong gust of wind once Saitama would leave their field of vision, almost as though...

Four seconds later...

WHOOSH.

With another gust of wind, Saitama was suddenly back, holding what appeared to be a small plate of sausages on toothpicks. It appeared that, using godspeed, Saitama had sped through the hotel, inquired about whatever food was available to one of the Prinnies, sped to the area, gathered a plate, and then sped right back. All in an amount of time likely lower than it would take someone around here to realize he had even left the area at all.

MF7LcoH.png

tumblr_inline_mg8hzmhsA61qf6dad.png

Eating some of the food, he would smile happily, satisfied at what he had come for.

"Man, this is good. Better than what the supermarket usually has. Where do you get your ingredients?" He asked Jade.

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto

The hooded figure glances up for a second toward the bartender, the shadows concealing most of his face but allowing two shining orbs to flash him a glare, the rims of his mask reflecting light that didn't logically have any way to reach them, guess it was one of his powers at work, messing with people's minds

He extends a gloved hand and grabbed for a cup, before brooding in silence

After several seconds, he knocked the drink back, his hood somehow managing to conceal whatever face was behind the mask that must have dematerialised for him to drink. It seemed if you wanted to see his face, you were gonna have to take his hood down manually

But that would be way rude, so it's not like anyone would do it

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari @Atomyk

"Ah... no, can't say I have yet," he said in response to Hajime

Jade looked amused now. "... I'm sure you'll find her eventually. If her eyes pull you in as you say, then it'll probably happen." Then, looking to Peashy and Saitama, Jade gestured to one of the Prinnies with a serving tray. "You'll have to make do with the appetizers for now. As for the ingredients, they are taken from many kinds of different places. This is a multiverse hotel, so it would be expected of me to serve food from many different universes. Ah, but... it's all been tested to be safe, of course."

It was then that a young girl appeared, weaving around the other guests quickly so she could speak with Jade. She gave those speaking with him a vexed look.

c2GQu5b.png

"... I did what you asked," she said, looking up at him and crossing her arms.

Jade brought a hand to his chin and tapped it in thought. "Ah, well, then what else can I get you to do?"

The girl only tapped her foot as she waited.

@The Yuletide Tactician @Verite @Alyto

---

"Well, it's not just a a puzzle," Rowen said, nodding happily that Gilgamesh seemed to like the wine. "People will have to play a role as well. Keep in mind, only a select few will be chosen. The guest list is far too large to include everybody. For the rest, they'll get to be observers."

MsHuwtD.png

He frowned at the hooded man, allowing the Prinny to serve him instead of offering himself.

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari @DapperDogman

---

Melodia almost looked delighted with this answer. "Maybe? How... interesting. You keep me wanting for more. That works well on me. I really hope you stick around for the feast this evening. Maybe you could sit with me...?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
TicYtW9.jpg

...Is my power really failing me here? Unable to use it on others from differing universes? But then...I have Anya. So why? He bit his lip, curious and concerned.

"Neo, then. You know, a conversation can only exist when both parties are actively participating. That's how back and forths work. I have been more than patient and polite with you, but you seem to not want to extend me the same courtesy. A pity. What use is your tongue for, then? Talk to me now or explain why you refuse to do so before I have you cut out your own tongue with the dullest knife blade you can find, to see how long it takes you. Understand?" He shifted his gaze to Anya when she returned and nodded, taking the drink meant for Neo and holding it out.

@The Great Detective
Neopolitan found his attitude towards her pretty... amusing to watch to say the least. Almost as amusing as the times that Cinder would push Roman around... As much as she does follow orders according to Cinder's personal plans, Neo didn't really... swear much obedience to anybody that easily... especially to someone that she had only started to interact with. With the fact that she were sticking around here for the hell of it, Neo seemed as if she were going to talk in response this time around... that didn't happen. Guess she was playing "hard to get," at this rate. Though, a small hint of distortion could be heard in the air...

Neo's Semblance was working it's magic once again, as if there was enough mischief in her doings by now.

In the perspective of Kilgrave, Neo would take the drink and make it look like she was going to drink it. However, she stopped and spoke in an abnormally distorted voice...

"Enough with the threats already. It's obvious that you're annoyed with me, correct?"

With that smug look on her face, she proceeded to splash her own drink onto Kilgrave, apparently not that intimidated by his threats in the first place. It was also evident that her eyes were now their signature pink and brown... almost like her ice cream-themed name.

It was all so surreal... and surely enough he would perceive this as what he really saw happen.

Though, to many others, including Anya, that were around the area, they would only see Neo cheerfully take small sips out of her drink, her eyes still a lively green. To others, she did not splash her drink all over Kilgrave, or speak in that strange manner towards him. to others, Neo was only enjoying herself at this occasion. In a way, she set this up in a way to make him look like a fool... unless he somehow figures out that there was something off about this. Her Semblance was truly a mystery...

@C.T.

tumblr_inline_mqm4waRNln1s5ig4s.png

"Superman, huh?"

Well, that was flattering. At least someone was recognizing him as a hero, if only because he was dressed up like one. This showed on the somewhat dopey expression he would make, barely able to hide the slight bout of giddiness, which would go away upon clearing his throat.

"Close, but the name's Saitama. It's nice to meet you too, Hinata."

Normal and polite to boot? Well, I'll be.

tumblr_inline_mqm5x5wHie1s5ig4s.png

As for Jade, the bald hero would nod thoughtfully, looking around for the other so-called Prinnies. "A main course, along with appetizers, huh? Really is a high-class party..." Saitama commented, before nodding again, "Thanks for the pointer. Excuse me," he spoke somewhat formally, before walking off. Anyone nearby could almost feel a strangely strong gust of wind once Saitama would leave their field of vision, almost as though...

Four seconds later...

WHOOSH.

With another gust of wind, Saitama was suddenly back, holding what appeared to be a small plate of sausages on toothpicks. It appeared that, using godspeed, Saitama had sped through the hotel, inquired about whatever food was available to one of the Prinnies, sped to the area, gathered a plate, and then sped right back. All in an amount of time likely lower than it would take someone around here to realize he had even left the area at all.

MF7LcoH.png

tumblr_inline_mg8hzmhsA61qf6dad.png

Eating some of the food, he would smile happily, satisfied at what he had come for.

"Man, this is good. Better than what the supermarket usually has. Where do you get your ingredients?" He asked Jade.

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto
tumblr_inline_mr6cpboA6o1qz4rgp.jpg

"Woah!" Hajime's eyes widened in shock as Saitama sped off, appearing as at best a blur for a moment before returning with food. That costume... It's not just a costume. He's really a superhero! For some reason, he couldn't help but feel strange that such a dopey and carefree guy had powers, knowing how someone in his world might act with the same abilities, "So... You're really a superhero, huh, Saitama...?"

Maybe it was the anxiety he felt knotting in his stomach that caused him to ask that question. However, all that Hajime knew was that Saitama could probably hurt someone if he got angry, and he wanted to know what he could do to avoid angering him, "I guess that even if you're not normal, people must like you... for being a hero, I mean." Unlike a monster who helps destroy the world...

Jade looked amused now. "... I'm sure you'll find her eventually. If her eyes pull you in as you say, then it'll probably happen." Then, looking to Peashy and Saitama, Jade gestured to one of the Prinnies with a serving tray. "You'll have to make do with the appetizers for now. As for the ingredients, they are taken from many kinds of different places. This is a multiverse hotel, so it would be expected of me to serve food from many different universes. Ah, but... it's all been tested to be safe, of course."

It was then that a young girl appeared, weaving around the other guests quickly so she could speak with Jade. She gave those speaking with him a vexed look.

c2GQu5b.png

Jade brought a hand to his chin and tapped it in thought. "Ah, well, then what else can I get you to do?"

---

"Well, it's not just a a puzzle," Rowen said, nodding happily that Gilgamesh seemed to like the wine. "People will have to play a role as well. Keep in mind, only a select few will be chosen. The guest list is far too large to include everybody. For the rest, they'll get to be observers."

MsHuwtD.png

He frowned at the hooded man, allowing the Prinny to serve him instead of offering himself.

---

Melodia almost looked delighted with this answer. "Maybe? How... interesting. You keep me wanting for more. That works well on me. I really hope you stick around for the feast this evening. Maybe you could sit with me...?"

tumblr_inline_n9p0uhQlzZ1subh1h.png

"Yeah, she'll probably find me first," Hajime replied back while awkwardly laughing as Jade seemed amused by his question. As the girl appeared by the man, he looked between the duo before shrugging, "Well, best if me and Saitama go enjoy ourselves..." No need to get involved in their business.

@york @Verite @Atomyk

MsHuwtD.png

"Observers? How can one play a game by simply observing? There must be more to it than that" Gilgamesh said, this was definitely spelling out Murder Game. And if so asking these questions shouldn't bring much suspicion, for a competent host was always well aware of who their guests were, and their previous experiences with such games.

@Atomyk @Mari @DapperDogman

c2GQu5b.png

tumblr_inline_nsuodma7cv1re9spw_540.png

"Play with me!" Was all Peashy said to the young girl.

@The Yuletide Tactician @Verite @Atomyk

Tsubomi Kido walked through the door. A party seemed like a good way to wind down after certain recent happenings, and who could escape the curiosity about a multiverse? The girl hadn't bothered to come in a costume. She didn't really have anything like that lying around anyway, so what was the point?

Looking around, it seemed rather extravagant. Also, a lot of people. The way the place was decorated made it seem a bit more messy, but the fact it'd been decorated as such was kind of impressive in its own way.

But as entertaining as just looking around by herself was, she figured she should probably try to talk to people. Or something. Just relax and at least try to have something like a good time, right?

So for now, she approached Melodia and the others there.

kagerou_days_manga___kido_tsubomi_color_by_faline4-d6q1d53.jpg

"...Hello."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause

c2GQu5b.png

---

MsHuwtD.png

---

Gaster gave a slow, bugging chuckle, phasing in an out like a phantom. He took another sip of his drink, his smile focusing in Melodia

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

I EXPECT TO BE HERE ALL NIGHT

SAVE A SEAT FOR ME, WILL YOU?

Gaster gave a polite bow to Lady Melodia, before suddenly glitching out and facing Yvaine. No movement was seen-- reality just froze and restarted and Gaster was now suddenly towering over Yvaine in a rather intimidating way, his eyes empty as the void and his smile unmoving.

AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?

Gaster was not facing Tsubomi, but she could feel that Gaster was still staring at her, too. If she looked-- she could see a white pupil glaring at her from the corner of Gasters eye.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Savannah-Clause

"Enough with the threats already. It's obvious that you're annoyed with me, correct?"

With that smug look on her face, she proceeded to splash her own drink onto Kilgrave, apparently not that intimidated by his threats in the first place. It was also evident that her eyes were now their signature pink and brown... almost like her ice cream-themed name.​
He was about to answer her question, somewhere along the lines of "yes, obviously" but it was spoiled by her splashing the drink right onto him. His nice, expensive dinner jacket. He blinked a few times in shocked surprise before his expression hardened, his feelings on the matter clearly written on his face.

lip5qYI.gif

"Should be easy for you." He snapped bitterly, stepping away from the bitch. "No wonder you came alone. There must not be a person alive who'd call you a friend. Anya!" Kilgrave called out to his partner. "Come. This one has bored me." Turning, the mind controller sauntered away, Spider-Girl falling neatly in line behind him as he took off his wet blazer and draped it on the back of a random chair. "Anya. I can't proceed without my jacket in perfect condition. Take my coat and explore this place. Do not stop walking for one second until you find a washing machine. If you can not find one in this place within an hour or two, then come straight back here, drape it on the back of a chair and blow on it until every inch of it is air dry. That will have to do. Go on."

I SWEAR, WHEN I GET A HOLD OF MYSELF AGAIN, YOU'LL GET YOURS! Internal screaming intensified.

Once she was gone, he turned his attention to the crowd, trying to find a glimpse of the individual who had spoken to them all earlier, telling them it was a birthday celebration. Or the birthday girl herself. Either would do as he tried to find them and approach them.

@The Great Detective @Atomyk

He was about to answer her question, somewhere along the lines of "yes, obviously" but it was spoiled by her splashing the drink right onto him. His nice, expensive dinner jacket. He blinked a few times in shocked surprise before his expression hardened, his feelings on the matter clearly written on his face.

lip5qYI.gif

"Should be easy for you." He snapped bitterly, stepping away from the bitch. "No wonder you came alone. There must not be a person alive who'd call you a friend. Anya!" Kilgrave called out to his partner. "Come. This one has bored me." Turning, the mind controller sauntered away, Spider-Girl falling neatly in line behind him as he took off his wet blazer and draped it on the back of a random chair. "Anya. I can't proceed without my jacket in perfect condition. Take my coat and explore this place. Do not stop walking for one second until you find a washing machine. If you can not find one in this place within an hour or two, then come straight back here, drape it on the back of a chair and blow on it until every inch of it is air dry. That will have to do. Go on."

I SWEAR, WHEN I GET A HOLD OF MYSELF AGAIN, YOU'LL GET YOURS! Internal screaming intensified.

Once she was gone, he turned his attention to the crowd, trying to find a glimpse of the individual who had spoken to them all earlier, telling them it was a birthday celebration. Or the birthday girl herself. Either would do as he tried to find them and approach them.

tumblr_inline_n9p0stjWml1subh1h.png

Having politely excused himself from Jade's company (though perhaps not Saitama's), Hajime returned to find Neo had royally ticked off the guy who had been talking to her earlier. Usually Neo is fine just to lightly tease someone, so that guy probably had it coming... He definitely seemed like a creep. Besides, not like he could help with a drink splashed in Kilgrave's face, nor did he want to.

"Sorry for having to go, Neo. That guy isn't going to bother you again, is he?" It seemed under the mask of cool indifference that Hajime held some concern for the relatively short woman, "Seems like he's the only one who shouldn't have a friend in the world..."

@The Great Detective @Verite @Atomyk

For a moment, Rowen closed his eyes. He seemed displeased with Gilgamesh's questioning now. "It's really just a game that a few of the guests will play. You seem to be wondering if it's something sinister. Maybe you're of the paranoid sort... I understand." Opening his eyes, Rowen moved back around to the front of the bar and picked up his tray. "Do you enjoy stories about murder mysteries? If you do, then you should enjoy the game."

eWpbqax.png

Rowen paused, looking out at the crowd of guests. "If you wish to continue talk, you will have to walk with me. I really have spent too much time meandering."

Meanwhile, the Prinny who was serving the Bogeyman seemed concerned with his guest being pretty weird. "Sir dood, how can I make your experience more satisfactory?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @DapperDogman @Mari

---

FWlvGG1.png

"W-What? Play with you? Don't you know I'm busy?!"

"A new playmate for you!" Jade exclaimed. "Isn't that nice? If you've done all your chores, Rita, feel free to play with your friend."

"I-I don't think so! Besides, I need to speak with somebody, so if you can just--"

"Speak with somebody? Whoever do you mean?"

Rita faltered under Jade's gaze. "... It's nothing important."

"Then why don't you join your new friend while I tend to something? I'll call you when you're needed." Jade looked over Peashy, Hajime, and Saitama before bowing slightly. "Have a good evening, everyone."

As Jade walked off, Rita crossed her arms and looked to Saitama. "... Were you about to leave and follow your friend, or what?"

@Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto

---

"I'm sure Jade can arrange whatever seating arrangements I want," Melodia said, sounding rather whimsical. "You could be a wonderful birthday present, Gaster."

Turning quickly to face the new girl, Melodia stared at her blankly. "Yes? Hello? Did you come just to say hello?"

@Kaykay @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

---

Jade had barely managed to remove himself from Rita and the others when he found another guest grabbing his attention. Jade had work to do, but he wasn't about to put up a sour front around the guests. He smiled as Kilgrave approached.

1kEWRGI.png

"Anything I can assist you with?"

@C.T.

Last edited:

lip5qYI.gif

tumblr_inline_n9p0stjWml1subh1h.png

Having politely excused himself from Jade's company (though perhaps not Saitama's), Hajime returned to find Neo had royally ticked off the guy who had been talking to her earlier. Usually Neo is fine just to lightly tease someone, so that guy probably had it coming... He definitely seemed like a creep. Besides, not like he could help with a drink splashed in Kilgrave's face, nor did he want to.

"Sorry for having to go, Neo. That guy isn't going to bother you again, is he?" It seemed under the mask of cool indifference that Hajime held some concern for the relatively short woman, "Seems like he's the only one who shouldn't have a friend in the world..."

@The Great Detective @Verite @Atomyk
Throughout the time that it was clear that she pissed off Kilgrave, Neo simply stood there with a cute innocent smile on her face, sipping away at the wine glass she had with her. There was a small amount left, as it was clear that she did use her illusions on some that were in the area. Her trusty Semblance really was a gem...

Though, she perked up once she saw Hajime approach her, Neo gave a simple shrug in response to his concern. So far, she saw no real threat towards herself, and if something really hit the shitter, whose to say that she could set everything up to make it look like she wasn't the one at fault here?

Neo, not giving much warning, happened to drop off her empty wine glass over to Hajime. Though, something else caught her eye...

4241220369_neopolitan_ice_cream_xlarge.jpeg

... Neo claimed the ice cream. She was destined to have this serving of ice cream.

Jade had barely managed to remove himself from Rita and the others when he found another guest grabbing his attention. Jade had work to do, but he wasn't about to put up a sour front around the guests. He smiled as Kilgrave approached.

1kEWRGI.png

"Anything I can assist you with?"

@C.T.
"Perhaps, that remains to be seen. Tell me, are you the person to talk to when a guest-" Kilgrave gestured to himself. "-has an issue with another guest? Or rather, that guest having a problem with me. Are you the individual in charge of this event or should I be seeking someone else? And don't lie to me."

@Atomyk

Prologue: A Long, Long Time Ago

Y
eah... It really had been quite a long time, now, hadn't it? That didn't really matter to Ryan. After all, it wasn't like she had been counting every day that had passed since she'd last seen her friends from the Crimson Moon incident... No, that certainly wasn't what the many tally marks drawn in sharpie that lined the majority of her bed frame, mirror, and a large number of notebooks(along with a good few other odd places here and there) were for at all. At least, she told that to her older sister, Reece(who naturally saw through this lie - but refrained from commenting) and her mother and father, Delphine and Barclay.

In any case, it wasn't something that Ryan was pouty, angry, or crying about. Sure, she missed these friends and longed to reunite with them, but she stayed positive. Even now, with her eighteenth moon having passed, that was a trait that Ryan never lost - an unmatched optimism. A positive outlook on the world and those who occupied it that had not once faltered. Even with all of the trials, troubles, and hardships she had faced that would wear down a 'normal' person's innocence, faith, and cheer, she still kept pushing through with a sincere and heartwarming smile on her face.

Sure, Ryan wasn't exactly what one could call a 'normal' Caster(or even Duchannes), in a lot of ways. Unlike most children in her family, she was allowed to live with her parents even before her Claiming. She was the first Duchannes child in ages that could Claim themselves after Lena had broken the curse on their family. She was less than prestigious in the art of general Casting- such as conjuring and telekinesis -, but she at least had minor development in those fields. That must really put Reece at ease, the female thought, causing the corner of her lip to quirk up in a smile.

Idly looking around her bedroom, Ryan's green eyes searched for something in silence - an object. Two of them, actually. Both of which were very, very dear to her. It didn't need to be voiced to anyone that knew her that Ryan was a rather sentimental person. So, naturally, the two objects that were the only things she had to remember her friends by were treasured and cared for greatly by the young woman. Quietly, she climbed to her feet, her blonde hair swishing slightly as she did so, before she made her way over to her dresser in silence.

tumblr_inline_nf3dlnljDm1t1fn0p.gif

It was like being a child again, as she stood in front of her dresser, her quiet footfalls finally ceasing. Delicately, her slender fingers traced over the wood of the cherry dresser, a small sigh passing her lips. There was a mirror settled on the thing, but the female hardly even noticed. No, her attention was fully on something much, much more important to her: a garment composed of blue fabric, and a flower neatly settled atop the aforementioned fabric. To most, it wasn't much - after all, who gave a damn about a child's cape and some old flower? To Ryan, though, these two objects meant much more than she had the words to express.

tumblr_n3tuhqMlAG1qdndm8o4_250.gif

For a long while, the young woman stared at the objects with something akin to longing. But, eventually, she tenderly moved her hands over the fabric, her fingers barely brushing it. The material felt nice on her fingertips, and memories of running around with the cape on flowed freely through her mind. She couldn't help but wonder if Kinuhata still had the identical cape that Ryan had given her, or if the other girl didn't really see the value in the object or had lost it somewhere along the way.

...No. She was certain that the girl had kept it.

The Caster had been about to turn her attention to the flower when something strange caught her eyes. An envelope, settled against the base of her mirror. That was odd... Ryan could have sworn that that piece of parchment hadn't been there before. Her eyebrows furrowing in thought, Ryan carefully reached for the invite, unsure of just what to make of it. But once she'd carefully opened it, produced the invitation inside, and read said invitation? Ryan wasted no time in throwing together a costume and getting out the door. She was hardly aware of the fact that this could be some sort of trick, and the thought didn't even cross her mind. No, this particular Thaumaturge had much too much faith in people for that. The only thing on her mind right then was a hope that maybe, just maybe, she'd be seeing her old friends there.... Too bad that she would be missing lunch to get to this party.

T
he place was certainly.. Interesting. Ryan had to give it that much. She was delighted to hear that a birthday was being celebrated, even if she didn't know the woman that this birthday belonged to... Did birthdays belong to people?? ..That probably didn't matter. The Caster was hardly bothered by how many people were around, or how empty the ballroom seemed, otherwise. In fact, she was quite elated. The female had always loved people, and so it was quite delightful to be among so many of them.

Even if she didn't see her friends from that incident so long ago... Perhaps she could at least make new ones to account for it. Though nobody could ever replace them...

While most people likely had no troubles deciding just where to go or what to do(or even who to speak with, first), Ryan had absolutely no idea just where to start. With so many people up and about, how could she know?? She hoped she'd get the chance to make exchanges with them all at least once... She absolutely adored socializing. Maybe there was even something she could do around to help out. That was something that she loved to do almost as much as she loved to socialize.

But, err... Where was she supposed to start? People were everywhere, all talking and drinking and celebrating with one another. How was she supposed to tell who out of the crowd potentially needed help? Natural helper or otherwise, Ryan's powers didn't exactly include magically knowing who needed help and who didn't. She only had her instincts and those brilliant green eyes for that.

I guess I'll just have to start socializing...

With her typical stunning smile on her face, Ryan less than shyly approached Jade, a kind and friendly expression on her face.

ryan2-png.93730

"..You're the lovely host of this event, right?"

@Atomyk @C.T.[/hr]​

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Jade quickly laughed at this, though it was a slow and measured laugh, as if it sounded fake. "Ha, ha, ha. Why would I have any reason to lie? Yes, I suppose I'm the one to see in that case. I am the proprietor of this hotel, as well as the manager of this event. I would rather not have to remove anyone from the party, but I can't have anyone worrying Lady Melodia."

Jade gestured with one hand toward the crowd of guests. "Tell me, what's the issue and who is it with?" As he held his hand out, he noticed someone else approaching. "I'm popular today! You'd think it was me having my birthday!" To Ryan, Jade offered a small bow. "Lovely is a matter of opinion, but yes, I am the host."

CceZfaK.jpg

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause

Tsubomi Kido walked through the door. A party seemed like a good way to wind down after certain recent happenings, and who could escape the curiosity about a multiverse? The girl hadn't bothered to come in a costume. She didn't really have anything like that lying around anyway, so what was the point?

Looking around, it seemed rather extravagant. Also, a lot of people. The way the place was decorated made it seem a bit more messy, but the fact it'd been decorated as such was kind of impressive in its own way.

But as entertaining as just looking around by herself was, she figured she should probably try to talk to people. Or something. Just relax and at least try to have something like a good time, right?

So for now, she approached Melodia and the others there.

kagerou_days_manga___kido_tsubomi_color_by_faline4-d6q1d53.jpg

"...Hello."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause
ChromeSkull and Ghostface and Jez if she took the two slashers up on their offer to tag along had taken a seat at one of the tables. Ghostface still seemed to be quite sore about being interrupted when he was getting nice and close with Morrigan.

qduz74T.jpg

"Look Chrome, all I'm saying is that I had her dead to rights! She was the Kate Winslet to my Leo! Then you come in guns blazing and try to mess up the flow I have going. Really, I know we are who are but you can't spare me some common decency between pals right?"

ChromeSkull didn't respond, vocally of course. That was just a personal choice on his part. But as he reached for his cell-phone to send Ghostface another scathing message, his other hand clutched the side of his head as his breathing grew heavier.

"..Uh, Chrome? You okay? You're rocking back and forth like a caged animal."

Trying to control his breaths as best as he could, he'd type out a message and showed it to Ghostface.

IN...PAIN...PAINKILLERS...WEARING OFF...ACID..BURNS..DO..SOMETHING!

"..Yeah, I don't think I will. Because I mean that would be the friendly thing to do. But, you kind of cock-blocked me pretty hard back there. So, I think I'll just talk up that demon chick you were having a drink-" Before Ghostface could go any further, he'd get a swift punch to the gut which toppled him off the chair he was sitting on and onto the ground.

6ICHUyw.jpg

"Hey! What the fuck was that about, Chrome? I'm just telling you like it is! I mean what do you expect me to do? I'm not the one who dumped the shit on your face and left you looking worse than Freddy Krueger on a bad day."

SHUT..THE FUCK..UP. IN..JACKET...POCKET...PAINKILLER...GET IT...FOR ME...NOW!

"Well, if you're gonna ask so nicely.." Ghostface sat up and reached inside to grab a syringe filled with some kind of painkiller and handed it to ChromeSkull. He hadn't seen Chrome shoot up the stuff but probably did help out a lot when you had a real bitch as a victim. The first two victims Mickey had were easy but that CiCi, oh man. Threw a bicycle at him, threw a potted plant at him, the works. Something more than a Halloween costume would have been nice.

Snatching the syringe out of his hand, ChromeSkull rolled up his sleeve and injected himself with it. It'd take a while to kick in but it'd dull the pain of his burns and that's all that mattered. Once things cooled down and this party ended, he'd have to go and get some surgery. Probably had a contact or two who knew a doctor who'd be willing to make a few bucks working on a mass murderer who's part of some underground organization.

Wincing at how fast ChromeSkull was to fill his body up with that stuff, it also piqued Ghostface's curiosity.

"Hey, not that it's any of my business. But are you caught on that stuff? I mean with the blows you took when we were trying to get you know who.."

DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY IT WASN'T ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS? LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY, MICKEY.

wRS04Fz.jpg

Before ChromeSkull could scold Ghostface/Mickey further, he'd notice someone present who had a past with him and the Woodsboro Slasher. He couldn't believe his eyes. Green hair, same hoodie, it had to be her!

"..You spacing out or something?"

Gripping Ghostface by the throat, he'd turn him to see Kido standing admist the crowd.

"I-Isn't that.."

BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME BITCH THAT GAVE US SUCH A HARD TIME BACK HOME. I DUNNO WHAT SHE'S DOING HERE BUT MAYBE FATE HAS A FUNNY WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS.

"So what do you think we should do?"

kNYOLfW.jpg

DO? WE DO NOTHING. AS FAR AS ANYONE ELSE KNOWS, WE'RE JUST HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND NOT BOTHER ANYONE. WHICH IS HOW I WANT THIS TO STAY AND PICKING A FIGHT WITH THE KID HERE AND NOW ISN'T GONNA HELP THAT IMAGE. BUT SHE OWES ME IN BLOOD AND A NEW SET OF WHEELS FOR WHICHEVER ONE OF HER FREAK FRIENDS DID TO MY CAR.

"..So, we're just gonna stare at her from a distance like creepers?"

DID YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WORDS OUT OF MY LAST MESSAGE? WE'LL KEEP AN EYE ON HER BUT MAKING A MOVE AGAINST HER NOW JUST AIN'T IN THE CARDS. NOT WHEN WE'RE JUST TWO ENTHUSIASTIC PARTY-GOERS.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"That sounds good and all but what if she notices us?"

THEN YOU ACT AS IF NOTHING'S WRONG. SHE'S FREE TO THINK WHATEVER SHE LIKES. FREE MULTIVERSE AND ALL THAT. WE JUST DON'T NEED TO BE PICKING FIGHTS WHEN WE CAN AVOID THEM. THAT'S WHY I DO THE THINKING FOR BOTH OF US."

"Yeah! Hey, fuck you!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Anyone

Meanwhile, the Prinny who was serving the Bogeyman seemed concerned with his guest being pretty weird. "Sir dood, how can I make your experience more satisfactory?"
A heavy, gloved hand waved dismissively at the Prinny, before he pushed the glass toward him, his experience was just fine, but he could use another drink, he had to look inconspicuous, right? He'd look out of place without any booze

@Atomyk

Throughout the time that it was clear that she pissed off Kilgrave, Neo simply stood there with a cute innocent smile on her face, sipping away at the wine glass she had with her. There was a small amount left, as it was clear that she did use her illusions on some that were in the area. Her trusty Semblance really was a gem...

Though, she perked up once she saw Hajime approach her, Neo gave a simple shrug in response to his concern. So far, she saw no real threat towards herself, and if something really hit the shitter, whose to say that she could set everything up to make it look like she wasn't the one at fault here?

Neo, not giving much warning, happened to drop off her empty wine glass over to Hajime. Though, something else caught her eye...

4241220369_neopolitan_ice_cream_xlarge.jpeg

... Neo claimed the ice cream. She was destined to have this serving of ice cream.

tumblr_inline_n9p0thZoUL1subh1h.png

Hajime chuckled as his friend acted as innocent as a young child in preschool, "Yeah, yeah, you did nothing wrong, Neo. Sure...." It was obvious that he knew better, though he simply placed the glass aside and grabbed his own serving of ice cream to enjoy with her, "So, it's been awhile since we've met... Are you and Alisa still together?"​

FWlvGG1.png

"W-What? Play with you? Don't you know I'm busy?!"

"A new playmate for you!" Jade exclaimed. "Isn't that nice. If you've done all your chores, Rita, feel free to play with your friend."

"I-I don't think so! Besides, I need to speak with somebody, so if you can just--"

"Speak with somebody? Whoever do you mean?"

Rita faltered under Jade's gaze. "It's nothing important."

"Then why don't you join your new friend while I tend to something? I'll call you when you're needed." Jade looked over Peashy, Hajime, and Saitama before bowing slightly. "Have a good evening, everyone."

As Jade walked off, Rita crossed her arms and looked to Saitama. "... Were you leave and follow your friend, or what?"

@Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Alyto
tumblr_inline_n2kka8r8s31re9spw.png

"Yay! Let's play tag! I'll be it!" Peashy said as she headbutts first into Rita. And the headbutt is pretty frickin' strong.

@Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Status
Not open for further replies.