Status
Not open for further replies.
For a moment, Rowen closed his eyes. He seemed displeased with Gilgamesh's questioning now. "It's really just a game that a few of the guests will play. You seem to be wondering if it's something sinister. Maybe you're of the paranoid sort... I understand." Opening his eyes, Rowen moved back around to the front of the bar and picked up his tray. "Do you enjoy stories about murder mysteries? If you do, then you should enjoy the game."

eWpbqax.png

Rowen paused, looking out at the crowd of guests. "If you wish to continue talk, you will have to walk with me. I really have spent too much time meandering."

Meanwhile, the Prinny who was serving the Bogeyman seemed concerned with his guest being pretty weird. "Sir dood, how can I make your experience more satisfactory?"

@Gen. Magic Senpai @DapperDogman @Mari
The hooded figure glances up for a second toward the bartender, the shadows concealing most of his face but allowing two shining orbs to flash him a glare, the rims of his mask reflecting light that didn't logically have any way to reach them, guess it was one of his powers at work, messing with people's minds

He extends a gloved hand and grabbed for a cup, before brooding in silence

After several seconds, he knocked the drink back, his hood somehow managing to conceal whatever face was behind the mask that must have dematerialised for him to drink. It seemed if you wanted to see his face, you were gonna have to take his hood down manually

But that would be way rude, so it's not like anyone would do it

@Gen. Magic Senpai @Mari @Atomyk
Well Gilgamesh clearly struck a nerve there, meaning he was onto something. Which made his offer to continue talking a bit off to say the least, though he was likely just keeping up good manners. Regardless, Gilgamesh lacked much other leads for now. So until something more interesting were to pop up he would oblidge, standing up with a smirk he responded "Hmph! Am I now? Games are been to played, not watched. I don't see what's so 'sinister' about asking on that fact".

Then giving a quick look to the masked man by the counter he said "Clean up your mess Mongrel! It should not be soiled by such clumsiness!".

... Speaking of something more interesting, it was faint but Gilgamesh for a moment thought he saw something familliar in the distance.
Still, it was more than enough to distract him from following a servant with casual conversation.
"You can go on your way now, I have other things to attend to" was all Gilgamesh would say to the servant, before walking off.

@Atomyk @DapperDogman @Mari
Prologue: A Long, Long Time Ago

Y
eah... It really had been quite a long time, now, hadn't it? That didn't really matter to Ryan. After all, it wasn't like she had been counting every day that had passed since she'd last seen her friends from the Crimson Moon incident... No, that certainly wasn't what the many tally marks drawn in sharpie that lined the majority of her bed frame, mirror, and a large number of notebooks(along with a good few other odd places here and there) were for at all. At least, she told that to her older sister, Reece(who naturally saw through this lie - but refrained from commenting) and her mother and father, Delphine and Barclay.

In any case, it wasn't something that Ryan was pouty, angry, or crying about. Sure, she missed these friends and longed to reunite with them, but she stayed positive. Even now, with her eighteenth moon having passed, that was a trait that Ryan never lost - an unmatched optimism. A positive outlook on the world and those who occupied it that had not once faltered. Even with all of the trials, troubles, and hardships she had faced that would wear down a 'normal' person's innocence, faith, and cheer, she still kept pushing through with a sincere and heartwarming smile on her face.

Sure, Ryan wasn't exactly what one could call a 'normal' Caster(or even Duchannes), in a lot of ways. Unlike most children in her family, she was allowed to live with her parents even before her Claiming. She was the first Duchannes child in ages that could Claim themselves after Lena had broken the curse on their family. She was less than prestigious in the art of general Casting- such as conjuring and telekinesis -, but she at least had minor development in those fields. That must really put Reece at ease, the female thought, causing the corner of her lip to quirk up in a smile.

Idly looking around her bedroom, Ryan's green eyes searched for something in silence - an object. Two of them, actually. Both of which were very, very dear to her. It didn't need to be voiced to anyone that knew her that Ryan was a rather sentimental person. So, naturally, the two objects that were the only things she had to remember her friends by were treasured and cared for greatly by the young woman. Quietly, she climbed to her feet, her blonde hair swishing slightly as she did so, before she made her way over to her dresser in silence.

tumblr_inline_nf3dlnljDm1t1fn0p.gif

It was like being a child again, as she stood in front of her dresser, her quiet footfalls finally ceasing. Delicately, her slender fingers traced over the wood of the cherry dresser, a small sigh passing her lips. There was a mirror settled on the thing, but the female hardly even noticed. No, her attention was fully on something much, much more important to her: a garment composed of blue fabric, and a flower neatly settled atop the aforementioned fabric. To most, it wasn't much - after all, who gave a damn about a child's cape and some old flower? To Ryan, though, these two objects meant much more than she had the words to express.

tumblr_n3tuhqMlAG1qdndm8o4_250.gif

For a long while, the young woman stared at the objects with something akin to longing. But, eventually, she tenderly moved her hands over the fabric, her fingers barely brushing it. The material felt nice on her fingertips, and memories of running around with the cape on flowed freely through her mind. She couldn't help but wonder if Kinuhata still had the identical cape that Ryan had given her, or if the other girl didn't really see the value in the object or had lost it somewhere along the way.

...No. She was certain that the girl had kept it.

The Caster had been about to turn her attention to the flower when something strange caught her eyes. An envelope, settled against the base of her mirror. That was odd... Ryan could have sworn that that piece of parchment hadn't been there before. Her eyebrows furrowing in thought, Ryan carefully reached for the invite, unsure of just what to make of it. But once she'd carefully opened it, produced the invitation inside, and read said invitation? Ryan wasted no time in throwing together a costume and getting out the door. She was hardly aware of the fact that this could be some sort of trick, and the thought didn't even cross her mind. No, this particular Thaumaturge had much too much faith in people for that. The only thing on her mind right then was a hope that maybe, just maybe, she'd be seeing her old friends there.... Too bad that she would be missing lunch to get to this party.

T
he place was certainly.. Interesting. Ryan had to give it that much. She was delighted to hear that a birthday was being celebrated, even if she didn't know the woman that this birthday belonged to... Did birthdays belong to people?? ..That probably didn't matter. The Caster was hardly bothered by how many people were around, or how empty the ballroom seemed, otherwise. In fact, she was quite elated. The female had always loved people, and so it was quite delightful to be among so many of them.

Even if she didn't see her friends from that incident so long ago... Perhaps she could at least make new ones to account for it. Though nobody could ever replace them...

While most people likely had no troubles deciding just where to go or what to do(or even who to speak with, first), Ryan had absolutely no idea just where to start. With so many people up and about, how could she know?? She hoped she'd get the chance to make exchanges with them all at least once... She absolutely adored socializing. Maybe there was even something she could do around to help out. That was something that she loved to do almost as much as she loved to socialize.

But, err... Where was she supposed to start? People were everywhere, all talking and drinking and celebrating with one another. How was she supposed to tell who out of the crowd potentially needed help? Natural helper or otherwise, Ryan's powers didn't exactly include magically knowing who needed help and who didn't. She only had her instincts and those brilliant green eyes for that.

I guess I'll just have to start socializing...

With her typical stunning smile on her face, Ryan less than shyly approached Jade, a kind and friendly expression on her face.

ryan2-png.93730

"..You're the lovely host of this event, right?"

@Atomyk @C.T.[/hr]​

Jade quickly laughed at this, though it was a slow and measured laugh, as if it sounded fake. "Ha, ha, ha. Why would I have any reason to lie? Yes, I suppose I'm the one to see in that case. I am the proprietor of this hotel, as well as the manager of this event. I would rather not have to remove anyone from the party, but I can't have anyone worrying Lady Melodia."

Jade gestured with one hand toward the crowd of guests. "Tell me, what's the issue and who is it with?" As he held his hand out, he noticed someone else approaching. "I'm popular today! You'd think it was me having my birthday!" To Ryan, Jade offered a small bow. "Lovely is a matter of opinion, but yes, I am the host."

CceZfaK.jpg

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause
Gilgamesh's curiosity in finding out what it was he found familiar led him towards Jade... But it wasn't Jade that tipped him off. No, he was just a boring Noble of a host.
There was also a man, seemingly commanding and ordering. Cute, to say the least. But full of themselves men was nothing new to him.
Then there was a young woman with them, that young woman couldn't be anyone of import... Wait, this was what he sensed was off.

Standing back for a second, taking a better look Gilgamesh soon realised who he was looking at. Ryan? From the Murder Games? It couldn't be... The mannerisms and face matched though.
No, this was definitely her, with Murder Games Multiverse rules pulling her from a future time era than Gilgamesh's.

Well! No worse crime than wasting time, time was a precious commodity after all. So approaching the group with his typical smug attitude he simply called out to her, paying absolutely zero attention to the other Mongrels "Ha! Well this is a pleasant surprise! It's been what? Eight Years since our last meeting? Tell me, how have you and Reece been?".

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk @C.T.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
597e8649-4f7f-452c-8712-fd4d702be53c_zpsgxms3dur.jpg

(for your reference. imagine if he were human and much rougher-looking)

A sorry man shambled through the front door, dressed in what appeared to be a blue and gold robe, with matching hat and cape. As far as warlocks go, he looked the part. Now if only he would act it. He moved very deliberately, as if he was struggling to move in a straight line - almost as if he had forgotten how. On any other night, the smell of alcohol and sweat would have been unbearable. He managed to abstain for at least a couple of nights - whether he could do so tonight would have to depend on how the evening played out.

Whatever game was supposed to go on tonight, he couldn't say he was particularly interested. He had a plan: get in, shake hands, maybe take a shot or two, and get out - maybe with some company for the night in tow. First order of business: shake hands.

He made a beeline for the banquet hall, figuring Melodia would be taking precious time out of her day to kiss down to the party guests. Sure enough, there she was, chatting up some young blonde dame, a girl whose idea of a costume was "homeless person", and a bizarre figure that was dressed much too nicely for what it actually was. It seemed as though there were room for one more.

"Ahhh, the famed Duchess of Mira. I've heard a lot about you, but it's nice to see for myself... you're more stunning than even I could have imagined." The faintest glimpse of a smile crept across his face. "And your costume... you really went the extra mile, I must say. Were I to have had even half the dedication of Mira's crown jewel."

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay

-------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere, someone else rampaged through the hotel. Or something. Something wicked. Something evil. Something that did not belong in this world. Those unlucky enough to cross it's path would be met with the fearsome visage of...

clownroyal_zpssjbjrk0u.png

... The dreaded C.L.O.W.N.

"RAAAAAAAARGH! WELCOME, FOOLISH MORTALS, TO YOUR DEMISE!!! I, THE DARK DRAGON CLOWN IDOUN, HAVE COME TO WREAK HAVOC UPON THIS WRETCHED HOTEL AND ALL WHO INHABIT IT! QUAKE WITH FEAR, YOU PATHETIC WHELPS, FOR I WILL RENDER YOUR WORTHLESS FORMS INTO ASHEN ROT!!!! BUT FIRST...

what.png

May I take your coat, good sir/madam/other?

@ Literally anyone who wants to interact with THE DARK DRAGON IDOUN

Jade quickly laughed at this, though it was a slow and measured laugh, as if it sounded fake. "Ha, ha, ha. Why would I have any reason to lie? Yes, I suppose I'm the one to see in that case. I am the proprietor of this hotel, as well as the manager of this event. I would rather not have to remove anyone from the party, but I can't have anyone worrying Lady Melodia."

Jade gestured with one hand toward the crowd of guests. "Tell me, what's the issue and who is it with?" As he held his hand out, he noticed someone else approaching. "I'm popular today! You'd think it was me having my birthday!" To Ryan, Jade offered a small bow. "Lovely is a matter of opinion, but yes, I am the host."

CceZfaK.jpg

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause
"Oh no no, far from it. Rather, I'd like to orchestrate an event just for her. Or just have her have enjoy every drink you can give her." Perhaps when she's drunk, she might be susceptible to my influence. If nothing else, he liked the challenge aspect. "I can appreciate fiery will. Not often you find those types. She's just over there by the way." He pointed her out. "She goes by Neo. I think. Not exactly the loquacious type. So. Can we organize something like that event or making sure her hand is full with a drink every second of this party--"

He quieted down when someone else approached, and just stared at her in disbelief for a second. "You. Rude interrupting child. Lie face down on the floor until I am done speaking and do not get up until I depart. And you." He turned to Jade. "Ignore her--"
Gilgamesh's curiosity in finding out what it was he found familiar led him towards Jade... But it wasn't Jade that tipped him off. No, he was just a boring Noble of a host.
There was also a man, seemingly commanding and ordering. Cute, to say the least. But full of themselves men was nothing new to him.
Then there was a young woman with them, that young woman couldn't be anyone of import... Wait, this was what he sensed was off.

Standing back for a second, taking a better look Gilgamesh soon realised who he was looking at. Ryan? From the Murder Games? It couldn't be... The mannerisms and face matched though.
No, this was definitely her, with Murder Games Multiverse rules pulling her from a future time era than Gilgamesh's.

Well! No worse crime than wasting time, time was a precious commodity after all. So approaching the group with his typical smug attitude he simply called out to her, paying absolutely zero attention to the other Mongrels "Ha! Well this is a pleasant surprise! It's been what? Eight Years since our last meeting? Tell me, how have you and Reece been?".
"Oh bloody hell." He rolled his eyes. "By my command seals I order you to commit suicide. Turn around and take a long walk until I'm finished. And be thankful I'm showing mercy."

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @Gen Magic. Senpai​

Melodia affixed Yvaine with a sickly sweet smile.

xCbaG8m.png

"Sort of a crude name, don't you think? Unrefined. I must admit I've never heard of you..." Her expression never waned. You couldn't be sure if she was being serious. "But, nonetheless, thank you. Jade was so kind to set this up for me."

@Savannah-Clause

As Coraline spoke and looked to Gaster, he seemed to know that the situation was...safe. Before she could look at him once more, the man was suddenly standing and walking off. Instead of teleporting off, his crooked form glanced at the chair (which seemed to push itself in) before turning around walking off with his drink. Of course, as he walked out of view of Papyrus and Coraline-- two white pupils sparked in his eyes as he shot a glance at Papyrus. Before the skeletal warrior could react or chase after the man, he already vanished from his view.

------

Gaster began to approach Yvaine and Melodia-- randomly phasing through other partygoers and shifting past them. As he seemed to move through the crowd like a ghost, the party goers did not take notice of him as he walked, they didn't even react when he walked right through them. They did not glance at Gaster, as if he wasn't there. Yet, Yvaine and Melodia could see the distorted man very clearly-- and to them he looked rather..

gQ4569p.png

...dapper, really.

His face was no different from when Coraline and Papyrus saw it-- a rather unnerving smile with a cracked face and empty eyes. However, his clothes here formed into that of rather sharp and clean-cut black dress shoes. The suaveness of this distorted, crooked individual would rival that of Kilgrave-- if Kilgrave was paying attention, anyway. He swiveled a drink in his hand and approached the two in flash steps-- randomly teleporting closer and closer.

When Gaster arrived he looked to Melodia and the smile on his face seemed to change abit-- resembling a less creepy but brighter smile. He began to speak, his voice was...odd. It was audible, but tampered in a way. It randomly changed in tone and voice, sometimes becoming a whisper and other times becoming a firm speech voice. Strange symbols appeared around Gaster as he spoke;

(OOC Note: Highlight and copy the wingding text for maximum translation power!)

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

* THE FESTIVITIES ARE GOING RATHER SMOOTHLY, ARE THEY NOT?

YOU MUST BE LADY MELODIA

A PLEASURE TO MAKE YOUR ACQUAINTANCE

A disembodied white hand suddenly came into existence before Melodia-- a gaping black hole occupied its palm. The fingers of it were skeletal in appearance, offering a handshake.

* DOCTOR W.D. GASTER

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @DapperDogman @Archmage Jeremiah

Melodia's attention was grabbed by the sudden appearance of Gaster. Despite his rather odd appearance, Melodia seemed to regard the man the same as she did Yvaine. It would seem she was familiar with these sorts.

"Ah, that is a fine name for a boy," she said sweetly. "The pleasure is all mine. Really, I'm getting so much attention today. This is not something I usually do, but I can't deny how lovely it all feels." She was practically ignoring Yvaine now. Perhaps she gave more attention to men. "Gaster, I have to ask... Are you possibly... interested in me?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause

Gaster suddenly froze as Melodia asked the question. The professor looked at her and his distorting smile suddenly faltered abit, coughing.

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

AHEM

He rested a hand on his chest, trying to clear it-- to clear his nonexistent lungs. Gaster looked in between the two women, formulating an answer. Gaster took a sip from his static drink, putting his empty hand behind his back and taking on a formal stance.

latest

I AM AFRAID THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION REMAINS A MYSTERY AT THIS MOMENT, MY DEAR

PERHAPS ASK AGAIN, ANOTHER TIME.

Gaster gave Melodia a look, a small white pupil emerging in one of his empty eyes as he spoke, giving her a wink. He acted as he knew what was going to happen-- which, he most likely did.

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk

Melodia almost looked delighted with this answer. "Maybe? How... interesting. You keep me wanting for more. That works well on me. I really hope you stick around for the feast this evening. Maybe you could sit with me...?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause
Tsubomi Kido walked through the door. A party seemed like a good way to wind down after certain recent happenings, and who could escape the curiosity about a multiverse? The girl hadn't bothered to come in a costume. She didn't really have anything like that lying around anyway, so what was the point?

Looking around, it seemed rather extravagant. Also, a lot of people. The way the place was decorated made it seem a bit more messy, but the fact it'd been decorated as such was kind of impressive in its own way.

But as entertaining as just looking around by herself was, she figured she should probably try to talk to people. Or something. Just relax and at least try to have something like a good time, right?

So for now, she approached Melodia and the others there.

kagerou_days_manga___kido_tsubomi_color_by_faline4-d6q1d53.jpg

"...Hello."

@Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause

Gaster gave a slow, bugging chuckle, phasing in an out like a phantom. He took another sip of his drink, his smile focusing in Melodia

I EXPECT TO BE HERE ALL NIGHT

SAVE A SEAT FOR ME, WILL YOU?

Gaster gave a polite bow to Lady Melodia, before suddenly glitching out and facing Yvaine. No movement was seen-- reality just froze and restarted and Gaster was now suddenly towering over Yvaine in a rather intimidating way, his eyes empty as the void and his smile unmoving.

AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?

Gaster was not facing Tsubomi, but she could feel that Gaster was still staring at her, too. If she looked-- she could see a white pupil glaring at her from the corner of Gasters eye.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Savannah-Clause

"I'm sure Jade can arrange whatever seating arrangements I want," Melodia said, sounding rather whimsical. "You could be a wonderful birthday present, Gaster."

Turning quickly to face the new girl, Melodia stared at her blankly. "Yes? Hello? Did you come just to say hello?"

@Kaykay @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

597e8649-4f7f-452c-8712-fd4d702be53c_zpsgxms3dur.jpg

(for your reference. imagine if he were human and much rougher-looking)

A sorry man shambled through the front door, dressed in what appeared to be a blue and gold robe, with matching hat and cape. As far as warlocks go, he looked the part. Now if only he would act it. He moved very deliberately, as if he was struggling to move in a straight line - almost as if he had forgotten how. On any other night, the smell of alcohol and sweat would have been unbearable. He managed to abstain for at least a couple of nights - whether he could do so tonight would have to depend on how the evening played out.

Whatever game was supposed to go on tonight, he couldn't say he was particularly interested. He had a plan: get in, shake hands, maybe take a shot or two, and get out - maybe with some company for the night in tow. First order of business: shake hands.

He made a beeline for the banquet hall, figuring Melodia would be taking precious time out of her day to kiss down to the party guests. Sure enough, there she was, chatting up some young blonde dame, a girl whose idea of a costume was "homeless person", and a bizarre figure that was dressed much too nicely for what it actually was. It seemed as though there were room for one more.

"Ahhh, the famed Duchess of Mira. I've heard a lot about you, but it's nice to see for myself... you're more stunning than even I could have imagined." The faintest glimpse of a smile crept across his face. "And your costume... you really went the extra mile, I must say. Were I to have had even half the dedication of Mira's crown jewel."

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay

85ea8c28835c50ca5a55170a65d9343c.png

"..."

Had this woman just called her unrefined?

Oh, was Melodia lucky that Gaster came along and interjected, because hoo boy was that a bad thing to say to this particularly sassy star. She simply placed a hand on her hip, an annoyed expression forming on her features. One could probably mistake this for her having some view of 'I'm a queen so you should treat me well', but in truth, Yvaine didn't really see herself above others. She just had little tolerance for being treated in this manner. She ought to give this lady a piece of her mind for treating her so bloody inappropriatel--

...Huh?

Before she had the chance, she found herself feeling as though she were being stared at intensely - presumably by the odd and distorted man in the tux. She raised a brow at him, examining him for a brief few moments... Before she finally sighed, her expression unchanging. "...Yvaine. My name is Yvaine. Gaster, right?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Kaykay @Hazel-rah

"Oh no no, far from it. Rather, I'd like to orchestrate an event just for her. Or just have her have enjoy every drink you can give her." Perhaps when she's drunk, she might be susceptible to my influence. If nothing else, he liked the challenge aspect. "I can appreciate fiery will. Not often you find those types. She's just over there by the way." He pointed her out. "She goes by Neo. I think. Not exactly the loquacious type. So. Can we organize something like that event or making sure her hand is full with a drink every second of this party--"

He quieted down when someone else approached, and just stared at her in disbelief for a second. "You. Rude interrupting child. Lie face down on the floor until I am done speaking and do not get up until I depart. And you." He turned to Jade. "Ignore her--"

"Oh bloody hell." He rolled his eyes. "By my command seals I order you to commit suicide. Turn around and take a long walk until I'm finished. And be thankful I'm showing mercy."

It'd be at this point a Gate of Babylon would be flying... But Gilgamesh still remembered Ryan's aversion to violence so he held back. Instead he simply laughed before declaring "Hmph! You presume enough importance to order I? The King of Heroes? Do not be so full of yourself you Mongrel". Then approaching closer to Kilgrave, looking him dead in the eyes as to say 'I am your Master here' he simply stated "Though sadly that isn't your gravest offence in the span of only a few short seconds. For you've insulted a friend of mine, and I don't usually take kindly to that... But in this case I'll let it go, if you apologize and then proceed to find the nearest dumpster to toss yourself into. Sound fair?".

@Atomyk @Savannah-Clause @C.T.

tumblr_inline_mr6cpboA6o1qz4rgp.jpg

"Woah!" Hajime's eyes widened in shock as Saitama sped off, appearing as at best a blur for a moment before returning with food. That costume... It's not just a costume. He's really a superhero! For some reason, he couldn't help but feel strange that such a dopey and carefree guy had powers, knowing how someone in his world might act with the same abilities, "So... You're really a superhero, huh, Saitama...?"

Maybe it was the anxiety he felt knotting in his stomach that caused him to ask that question. However, all that Hajime knew was that Saitama could probably hurt someone if he got angry, and he wanted to know what he could do to avoid angering him, "I guess that even if you're not normal, people must like you... for being a hero, I mean." Unlike a monster who helps destroy the world...
tumblr_inline_mg8hsuLyw91qf6dad.png

"Yeah, that's right," Saitama simply nodded when asked about if he really was a superhero, "Used to be a hero just for fun. A little side-hobby. Then I found out there was a big Hero's Association that I somehow never knew about, so I signed up, and now here I am at... Class B? So I guess now I'm a professional hero now."

Fun.

tumblr_inline_mg8i6y9ghq1qf6dad.png

His expression soured just a little when Hajime would comment about people liking him, as though the younger man had accidentally struck a bad note, though he didn't say anything other than a "Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it?" under his breath. All the trouble he had been through and still, people hardly recognized him. This was why he needed to catch up to Genos in the Class-S rankings as quickly as possible! So he could be popular! The girls would like him, people would smile and point and shout "Look, it's Saitama!"

And then maybe that Blizzard woman would stop pestering him to join her weird not-cult of lower Class-B heroes...
tumblr_inline_n9p0stjWml1subh1h.png

Having politely excused himself from Jade's company (though perhaps not Saitama's), Hajime returned to find Neo had royally ticked off the guy who had been talking to her earlier. Usually Neo is fine just to lightly tease someone, so that guy probably had it coming... He definitely seemed like a creep. Besides, not like he could help with a drink splashed in Kilgrave's face, nor did he want to.

"Sorry for having to go, Neo. That guy isn't going to bother you again, is he?" It seemed under the mask of cool indifference that Hajime held some concern for the relatively short woman, "Seems like he's the only one who shouldn't have a friend in the world..."

@The Great Detective @Verite @Atomyk

FWlvGG1.png

"W-What? Play with you? Don't you know I'm busy?!"

"A new playmate for you!" Jade exclaimed. "Isn't that nice? If you've done all your chores, Rita, feel free to play with your friend."

"I-I don't think so! Besides, I need to speak with somebody, so if you can just--"

"Speak with somebody? Whoever do you mean?"

Rita faltered under Jade's gaze. "... It's nothing important."

"Then why don't you join your new friend while I tend to something? I'll call you when you're needed." Jade looked over Peashy, Hajime, and Saitama before bowing slightly. "Have a good evening, everyone."

As Jade walked off, Rita crossed her arms and looked to Saitama. "... Were you about to leave and follow your friend, or what?"
Throughout the time that it was clear that she pissed off Kilgrave, Neo simply stood there with a cute innocent smile on her face, sipping away at the wine glass she had with her. There was a small amount left, as it was clear that she did use her illusions on some that were in the area. Her trusty Semblance really was a gem...

Though, she perked up once she saw Hajime approach her, Neo gave a simple shrug in response to his concern. So far, she saw no real threat towards herself, and if something really hit the shitter, whose to say that she could set everything up to make it look like she wasn't the one at fault here?

Neo, not giving much warning, happened to drop off her empty wine glass over to Hajime. Though, something else caught her eye...

4241220369_neopolitan_ice_cream_xlarge.jpeg

... Neo claimed the ice cream. She was destined to have this serving of ice cream.

@The Yuletide Tactician @Verite @Atomyk
Too engrossed in the sausages he had been eating, Saitama initially didn't notice Hajime leave until Rita would address him about following the teenager along.

GV7e7fw.gif

"... Huh? Sorry, what?" He asked, blinking for a moment, before registering what had been asked, "Oh. I guess so. A party's not much of a party for a person unless you go around and socialize, I guess," he nodded in response to the researcher, before turning around rather abruptly and following Hajime, wherever the boy went.

Finishing up his sausage appetizer, he would silently get his own serving of ice cream. Saitama didn't really consider himself that big of an eater, especially not of sweets, but hey, he did eat a lot back when he was training. After all, with all the work that he had done back then to get to where he was now, he needed lots and lots of energy. It was to the point where honestly, he didn't even need to train anymore, like he had reached another plane of existence.

Trippy.

Still, he should probably take a short 100-mile jog or so with all this ice cream. No biggie.

"Sorry, I was distracted," Saitama would comment, appearing beside Hajime, before eyeing Neo, "Friend of yours?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective

tumblr_inline_n9p0thZoUL1subh1h.png

Hajime chuckled as his friend acted as innocent as a young child in preschool, "Yeah, yeah, you did nothing wrong, Neo. Sure...." It was obvious that he knew better, though he simply placed the glass aside and grabbed his own serving of ice cream to enjoy with her, "So, it's been awhile since we've met... Are you and Alisa still together?"​
Not far into enjoying her ice cream, clearly taking the first few bites and spoonfuls, Neo was pretty surprised to hear the question pertaining to herself and Alisa. Both of them were still close friends, despite the things that she would do behind the scenes. With the thoughts flooding her head, Neo gave an actual genuine nod towards Hajime as she continued to treat herself with the neopolitan ice cream.

@The Yuletide Tactician
tumblr_inline_n2kka8r8s31re9spw.png

"Yay! Let's play tag! I'll be it!" Peashy said as she headbutts first into Rita. And the headbutt is pretty frickin' strong.

@Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk
Well, what a new bunch of people that she would have to get used to soon enough for this party. Neo only covered her mouth with her hand and looked like she was holding in a laugh or two. Oh my...

@Alyto @Atomyk @Verite

Link to sign-ups.

RULES

1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.

2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.

3. No god-modding or meta-gaming. If you're not sure what those terms mean, this blog post might just be for you!

4. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.

PROLOGUE
"You Have Been Cordially Invited..."

The Grand Hotel is practically a world all on its own. A world between worlds, nestled between countless universes and visited by countless more. As well known as it is within the greater multiverse, it is not a place one stumbles into accidentally. Men and women work tirelessly to ensure such a breach never occurs, for its entirely unknown what could be waiting in some corners of the multiverse. For you to have been invited to a party held at the hotel, you would either have to be an important figure, or at least know an important figure. Perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time. Maybe you're just really lucky. Either way, you've been invited to a place unlike any other.

And you've been told to dress up.

Whether the portal you take to get to the hotel is a whirling mass of light or just a simple door, you arrive in the entrance hall, surrounded by dozens of others arriving just as you are.

bP5z8MH.jpg

The hall is dimly lit in accordance with the night's theme. Candles and cobwebs lining the walls give the area a feeling of walking a dungeon's hallways. The ceiling is covered in an inky darkness that is black as night. Slow blinking lights peer down from the darkness and it's unclear if they are meant to be stars or watching eyes.

Within the hall stands a line of small, pouch-wearing penguins with small bat wings and two peg legs. Most of them appear to be blue and wearing small bowler hats. In their stubby fins are clipboards, all with the names of tonight's guests.

eSKXCgR.png

The Prinnies would greet you with a "Dood!" before taking your name and leading you away from the hall. Tonight's main attraction was, of course, the banquet hall.

zA5Hxvg.jpg

A sea of tables, chairs, and people stood before you, a mass of buzzing energy rolling off of them. While only a few hundred people attended tonight's party, the hall could easily fit toward a thousand if needed. Like the entrance hall, this room was also dimly lit, with small candles lining the walls and at every table. The fire was only magical, so there was no worry about someone getting burned. Toy-like bats comically flew around the ceiling in repeating patterns while wooden skeletons leaned casually against some of the walls as if they were set up to look bored with the evening. Arched windows that touched the ground lined the walls, showing off a grim and stormy night, though if one were to try and break through of these windows, they would find just an ordinary wall beyond.

Nicely enough, a bar sat nestled in the corner of the banquet hall.

Red drapery sat over a stage at the back of the banquet hall, while twin spotlights aimed down at the centre of the stage. After many of the guests had settled into their seats, a man with long brown hair and striking red eyes behind a pair of glasses would step into the spotlight. Many of the guests knew the man as Jade Curtiss, proprietor of this grand establishment.

RLWrIXI.jpg

The man smiled evenly as he looked over his guests. He was dressed in a dark cloak with a red cape, looking almost like some kind of dark magician. Once the buzz from below died out, Jade spoke, his voice clear to even those standing at the back of the room.

"I welcome all of you to this haunted evening held in honor of Lady Melodia of Mira! As co-founder of my company, Lady Melodia has been a valued person in my life, both professionally and personally. Her birthday nears, and while she wishes not to make clear what age she will soon reach, the least I could do is hold an event such as this for her. She wishes not to speak on stage, but you will find her mingling throughout the evening. Please, for my sake, wish her a happy birthday." Reaching up to touch at his glasses, Jade's eyes scanned the crowd below. "Now, adjacent to the banquet hall, you'll find the ballroom. There is not only more open space in there, but a section of the floor where you may partake in dancing. We will be holding a feast here later in the evening, so be sure not to fill up too much on appetizers."

Jade then pointed to the side of the hall. "All of you have been given individual rooms for the evening. That area of the hotel has been segregated from the party in order to ensure guests are able to rest without being disturbed by some of the more... rowdy of you. You may speak with a Prinny if you wish to retire for the evening, but I ask that you wait until we've had our special event." Jade's smile broadened at this subject. "We will be hosting an exciting game this evening! Due to the nature of the game, only a select few will be able to participate. If you're chosen, participation will be mandatory. I promise that the event will be exciting! I'll be giving out more details when the time comes. For now... Please, enjoy yourselves."

With that, Jade stepped off the stage. A flash of lightning from the windows accompanied this, almost as if Jade had planned it that way. Prinny servants poured into the hall carrying trays of food and drink, just enough to whet your appetite for the feast later in the evening.

The ballroom was where Jade had indicated, past an archway draped with a black curtain. Inside was almost as spacious as the banquet hall.

aMMgrfM.jpg

For the moment, it was decorated to look like an abandoned mansion. Rustic tables and chairs sat here, while dusty, abandoned furniture haphazardly lined the edges of the dance floor. Creaking wooden planks touched by cobwebs made up the walls. Despite this imagery, colored floodlights swayed down from above and dance music filled the air, giving the ballroom the feeling of being inside a club. At the edge of the dance floor was a platform ladder that rose up toward the ceiling. Though it was hard to see from below, there seemed to be a catwalk above where the lights were situated. A girl was standing up here, though it was tough to see what she was doing.

Back in the entrance hall, you would see a red-haired man arguing with one of the Prinnies. Listening in on the conversation, you'd hear the word "Coalition."

In the banquet hall, one of the servants strangely appeared to be an old man and not a Prinny, for whatever reason. Not too far away was a crowd of people surrounding a white-haired woman who looked rather serene in the face of all the attention was getting. At the opposite end of the hall was Jade, who was off by himself and appeared to be talking on a cellular phone.

Aside from these areas of interest, it seemed you were free to do whatever you wanted, whether that was getting on the dance floor, touching at the appetizers, or mingling with the other guests.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Fallen Child as Ayaka [Misao]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]​
tumblr_inline_mr6cpboA6o1qz4rgp.jpg

"Woah!" Hajime's eyes widened in shock as Saitama sped off, appearing as at best a blur for a moment before returning with food. That costume... It's not just a costume. He's really a superhero! For some reason, he couldn't help but feel strange that such a dopey and carefree guy had powers, knowing how someone in his world might act with the same abilities, "So... You're really a superhero, huh, Saitama...?"

Maybe it was the anxiety he felt knotting in his stomach that caused him to ask that question. However, all that Hajime knew was that Saitama could probably hurt someone if he got angry, and he wanted to know what he could do to avoid angering him, "I guess that even if you're not normal, people must like you... for being a hero, I mean." Unlike a monster who helps destroy the world...

tumblr_inline_n9p0uhQlzZ1subh1h.png

"Yeah, she'll probably find me first," Hajime replied back while awkwardly laughing as Jade seemed amused by his question. As the girl appeared by the man, he looked between the duo before shrugging, "Well, best if me and Saitama go enjoy ourselves..." No need to get involved in their business.

@york @Verite @Atomyk
Slavya & Yulia - Prologue; An Belated Arrival
Slavya
@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @The Great Detective @Others

A familiar looking head of blonde hair appeared from amidst the crowd, though, one could swear they saw another familiar figure not too far away, though, that figure quickly seemed to move away, leaving only the first distinct person, wading their way through the crowd. As they finally drew close enough for their face to be seen, it was only then that one noticed that it was Slavya; it was a little hard to recognize her at first, as she was clad in clothing meant for the winter, but, it was her alright... Her long, flowing braids quickly gave her identity away.
sogYc1N.png

"Hello! Sorry I'm late!" Slavya said, she looked a bit flustered, and, well, she looked like she had been trying to travel as fast as she could, seeing as she was a little out of breath. "I didn't miss much... Did I?" She asked, tilting her head a little, smiling a bit, though, it was hard to tell if she was embarassed or not by arriving as late as she did... And for the moment, she hadn't quite registered the dance music playing around them, though, the light cast from the floodlights nearby seemed to snap her out of her small stupor as she realized she was supposed to come here to unwind; it was an party after all. She noticed Neo just then, cocking her head a little as she remembered her and Alisa getting quite close to each other at the camp... In hindsight, maybe she should have convinced Alisa to stop by this party as well...

Yulia
@DapperDogman @CrimsonSpartan @C.T. @Others at Bar and stuff

In the meantime, that figure who had stood near Slavya appeared to have suddenly altered their course dramatically, seeming to have suddenly been drawn to something at the bar... Despite her outfit, it was pretty obvious that this person was Yulia, and it was more than likely that she had accompanied Slavya when she arrived at the hotel. It seemed that she was headed for a group consisting of AU Papyrus, Gaster, and a few select others, though, her gaze seemed to be trained on Gaster, as if she felt there was something out of the ordinary about him to say the least, though, eventually, she broke her silence as she sniffed the air.
K3okG2r.png

"Wing-Dings? You speak in... Wingdings?" She asked him, looking a ittle puzzled as she heard him speak; it was uncertain if she actually understood what he said, but, she certainly recognized what sort of "format" his words were spoken in... How peculiar indeed; she looked so confused to be hearing someone using Wingdings to speak, but, yet, she already knew what Wingdings were...​

85ea8c28835c50ca5a55170a65d9343c.png

"..."

Had this woman just called her unrefined?

Oh, was Melodia lucky that Gaster came along and interjected, because hoo boy was that a bad thing to say to this particularly sassy star. She simply placed a hand on her hip, an annoyed expression forming on her features. One could probably mistake this for her having some view of 'I'm a queen so you should treat me well', but in truth, Yvaine didn't really see herself above others. She just had little tolerance for being treated in this manner. She ought to give this lady a piece of her mind for treating her so bloody inappropriatel--

...Huh?

Before she had the chance, she found herself feeling as though she were being stared at intensely - presumably by the odd and distorted man in the tux. She raised a brow at him, examining him for a brief few moments... Before she finally sighed, her expression unchanging. "...Yvaine. My name is Yvaine. Gaster, right?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Kaykay @Hazel-rah

8m05os2.png

W.D. GASTER, AT YOUR SERVICE

UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCE

I WOULD BE SO TALKATIVE AND FRIENDLY

HOWEVER, I SUPPOSE THE ENVIROMENT OF THE PARTY IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO...

...BE SOCIAL!!

heh heh heh...fun party.

That was strange, his voice seemed to alter abit at the end there-- at first becoming very loud and friendly, and then suddenly becoming rather deep and sleepy. His eyes briefly sparked a strange blue and orange color as he chuckled to himself, before fading back into a black emptiness. The professor remained still for awhile as he stared at the ground, his own distorts and glitches not even moving him as he looked as he froze.

He suddenly looked back up to Yvaine.

AHEM

APOLOGIES FOR MY OUTBURST

RATHER RUDE OF ME...LADY YVAINE, IS IT?

A PLEASURE TO MAKE YOU ACQUAINTANCE, MADAM

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk @Kaykay @Hazel-rah

With a loud grunt, Rita was shoved backward from Peashy. She'd been enough fights to have the instinct to avoid falling down. Before she knew it, Rita had a book open in one hand and a large sash in the other.

yLbEpXO.png

"What's your problem, huh?! Do you even know how to play? If you want a fight, you should know I'm stronger than I look!" Rita really did seem ready to attack, but something made her pause. She glanced toward Jade standing nearby. "... But we're in the middle of a party, so I'll spare it. Try to be less difficult." She stared at Peashy, not dropping her items until the little girl understood what she was saying.

@Alyto @Verite

---

"You just seem very intent on forcing something out of me, if I do say so." Rowen sighed, but nodded once Gilgamesh was leaving. He looked back to the Bogeyman. "Sir, please do be careful at the bar."

As he left, the Prinny eagerly poured him another drink. "Anything else, dood?"

@DapperDogman @Gen. Magic Senpai

---

Jeen's words may have been scathing, but Melodia smiled regardless. "Thank you. I believe my costume is lovely." Anyone who knew Melodia would know she was just wearing her regular clothing. She sounded sincere, regardless. "And you... why, I have no idea what you're supposed to be. Oh well."

Melodia gave Gaster a wary look as she talked to Yvaine. Normally she would not mind attention being taken away from her, but in this instance, Melodia didn't feel entirely content.

@Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Hazel-rah @york

---

Jade's smile vanished and he gave Kilgrave a long hard look. "... While you have an amusing train of thought, I'm not keen on providing possible disruptions for Lady Melodia. If you wish to ensure a drink is in her hands at every moment, I would suggest you see to that yourself." Taking off his glasses for a moment, Jade aimed his red eyes squarely at Kilgrave.

seULCvQ.png

"Furthermore, I would be careful who you try to manipulate around here. I can't say myself or anyone close to me are good choices. Don't you think?" Then, Jade was smiling, his glasses back on his face. "But otherwise, please, enjoy yourself."

Relaxing his stance, Jade looked between Gilgamesh and Kilgrave. "Do behave yourselves," he said with a shrug.

@C.T. @Gen. Magic Senpai @Svannah-Clause​

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mg8hsuLyw91qf6dad.png

"Yeah, that's right," Saitama simply nodded when asked about if he really was a superhero, "Used to be a hero just for fun. A little side-hobby. Then I found out there was a big Hero's Association that I somehow never knew about, so I signed up, and now here I am at... Class B? So I guess now I'm a professional hero now."

Fun.

tumblr_inline_mg8i6y9ghq1qf6dad.png

His expression soured just a little when Hajime would comment about people liking him, as though the younger man had accidentally struck a bad note, though he didn't say anything other than a "Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it?" under his breath. All the trouble he had been through and still, people hardly recognized him. This was why he needed to catch up to Genos in the Class-S rankings as quickly as possible! So he could be popular! The girls would like him, people would smile and point and shout "Look, it's Saitama!"

And then maybe that Blizzard woman would stop pestering him to join her weird not-cult of lower Class-B heroes...

Too engrossed in the sausages he had been eating, Saitama initially didn't notice Hajime leave until Rita would address him about following the teenager along.

GV7e7fw.gif

"... Huh? Sorry, what?" He asked, blinking for a moment, before registering what had been asked, "Oh. I guess so. A party's not much of a party for a person unless you go around and socialize, I guess," he nodded in response to the researcher, before turning around rather abruptly and following Hajime, wherever the boy went.

Finishing up his sausage appetizer, he would silently get his own serving of ice cream. Saitama didn't really consider himself that big of an eater, especially not of sweets, but hey, he did eat a lot back when he was training. After all, with all the work that he had done back then to get to where he was now, he needed lots and lots of energy. It was to the point where honestly, he didn't even need to train anymore, like he had reached another plane of existence.

Trippy.

Still, he should probably take a short 100-mile jog or so with all this ice cream. No biggie.

"Sorry, I was distracted," Saitama would comment, appearing beside Hajime, before eyeing Neo, "Friend of yours?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective
Not far into enjoying her ice cream, clearly taking the first few bites and spoonfuls, Neo was pretty surprised to hear the question pertaining to herself and Alisa. Both of them were still close friends, despite the things that she would do behind the scenes. With the thoughts flooding her head, Neo gave an actual genuine nod towards Hajime as she continued to treat herself with the neopolitan ice cream.

@The Yuletide Tactician

Well, what a new bunch of people that she would have to get used to soon enough for this party. Neo only covered her mouth with her hand and looked like she was holding in a laugh or two. Oh my...

@Alyto @Atomyk @Verite
tumblr_inline_mr6cvz6lwN1qz4rgp.jpg

"Well, that's good. You two seemed pretty close when we left the camp..." Hajime murmured as he slipped another bite into his mouth before nodding at Saitama, "Yeah, she's Neo, Saitama... And sorry if I upset you earlier with asking about you being popular..." At least you didn't help commit genocide, Saitama, so you have that going for you.
Slavya & Yulia - Prologue; An Belated Arrival
Slavya
@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @Verite @The Great Detective @Others

A familiar looking head of blonde hair appeared from amidst the crowd, though, one could swear they saw another familiar figure not too far away, though, that figure quickly seemed to move away, leaving only the first distinct person, wading their way through the crowd. As they finally drew close enough for their face to be seen, it was only then that one noticed that it was Slavya; it was a little hard to recognize her at first, as she was clad in clothing meant for the winter, but, it was her alright... Her long, flowing braids quickly gave her identity away.
sogYc1N.png

"Hello! Sorry I'm late!" Slavya said, she looked a bit flustered, and, well, she looked like she had been trying to travel as fast as she could, seeing as she was a little out of breath. "I didn't miss much... Did I?" She asked, tilting her head a little, smiling a bit, though, it was hard to tell if she was embarassed or not by arriving as late as she did... And for the moment, she hadn't quite registered the dance music playing around them, though, the light cast from the floodlights nearby seemed to snap her out of her small stupor as she realized she was supposed to come here to unwind; it was an party after all. She noticed Neo just then, cocking her head a little as she remembered her and Alisa getting quite close to each other at the camp... In hindsight, maybe she should have convinced Alisa to stop by this party as well...

Yulia
@DapperDogman @CrimsonSpartan @C.T. @Others at Bar and stuff

In the meantime, that figure who had stood near Slavya appeared to have suddenly altered their course dramatically, seeming to have suddenly been drawn to something at the bar... Despite her outfit, it was pretty obvious that this person was Yulia, and it was more than likely that she had accompanied Slavya when she arrived at the hotel. It seemed that she was headed for a group consisting of AU Papyrus, Gaster, and a few select others, though, her gaze seemed to be trained on Gaster, as if she felt there was something out of the ordinary about him to say the least, though, eventually, she broke her silence as she sniffed the air.
K3okG2r.png

"Wing-Dings? You speak in... Wingdings?" She asked him, looking a ittle puzzled as she heard him speak; it was uncertain if she actually understood what he said, but, she certainly recognized what sort of "format" his words were spoken in... How peculiar indeed; she looked so confused to be hearing someone using Wingdings to speak, but, yet, she already knew what Wingdings were...​
tumblr_inline_mr6cqdo4Tk1qz4rgp.png

Suddenly, Hajime's attention was taken away from him as he spotted Slavya in the crowd approaching, her uncertain question carried by her beautiful voice. A soft smile tilted the corners of his mouth as he shook his head at her question, "Weird penguins blowing up... Neo splashing a jerk with her drink... No, you didn't miss much, Slavya, seeing as you're the life of the party now."

"Oh, and this is Saitama, a superhero," Hajime explained after that quick compliment, looking to the bald man, "Saitama, this is Slavya, m-my girlfriend." For some reason, he still hadn't gotten used to calling Slavya his girlfriend. Thankfully though, he had managed to say it this time without much of a pause, "Anyways, Slavya, there hasn't been much to do besides get food and drink. There's supposed to be a special event soon, but who knows when that'll start."

@Verite @The Great Detective @york

Gaster gave a slow, bugging chuckle, phasing in an out like a phantom. He took another sip of his drink, his smile focusing in Melodia

I EXPECT TO BE HERE ALL NIGHT

SAVE A SEAT FOR ME, WILL YOU?

Gaster gave a polite bow to Lady Melodia, before suddenly glitching out and facing Yvaine. No movement was seen-- reality just froze and restarted and Gaster was now suddenly towering over Yvaine in a rather intimidating way, his eyes empty as the void and his smile unmoving.

AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?

Gaster was not facing Tsubomi, but she could feel that Gaster was still staring at her, too. If she looked-- she could see a white pupil glaring at her from the corner of Gasters eye.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Savannah-Clause
"I'm sure Jade can arrange whatever seating arrangements I want," Melodia said, sounding rather whimsical. "You could be a wonderful birthday present, Gaster."

Turning quickly to face the new girl, Melodia stared at her blankly. "Yes? Hello? Did you come just to say hello?"

@Kaykay @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

tumblr_inline_n0fds8peUp1rhcyk4.png

"What the..."

A skeleton, with clothes, could talk? And she didn't like the feeling it was giving off. Being noticed was fine and all, but could it not at least actually look at her?

...On second thought, she probably didn't want it looking at her. Kind of creepy. Though maybe it was just a costume or something. She never should've gone to a party with the whole "spooky" theme or whatever.

"...Y-you're human, right?"

Not wanting too much more to do with Mr. Skeleton here, she turned to the other girl.

"Pretty much. Just...saying hi."

She hadn't approached the group with an actual topic of conversation in mind, and she couldn't think of one at the moment either. So perhaps some awkward standing around would do for now.

Actually, introductions were in order, no?

"I'm Kido. Tsubomi Kido," she introduced herself to nobody in particular. If anyone was listening, cool. If not, she could drift off somewhere else, or go eat, or something.

@Atomyk @Hazel-rah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Savannah-Clause
ChromeSkull and Ghostface and Jez if she took the two slashers up on their offer to tag along had taken a seat at one of the tables. Ghostface still seemed to be quite sore about being interrupted when he was getting nice and close with Morrigan.

qduz74T.jpg

"Look Chrome, all I'm saying is that I had her dead to rights! She was the Kate Winslet to my Leo! Then you come in guns blazing and try to mess up the flow I have going. Really, I know we are who are but you can't spare me some common decency between pals right?"

ChromeSkull didn't respond, vocally of course. That was just a personal choice on his part. But as he reached for his cell-phone to send Ghostface another scathing message, his other hand clutched the side of his head as his breathing grew heavier.

"..Uh, Chrome? You okay? You're rocking back and forth like a caged animal."

Trying to control his breaths as best as he could, he'd type out a message and showed it to Ghostface.

IN...PAIN...PAINKILLERS...WEARING OFF...ACID..BURNS..DO..SOMETHING!

"..Yeah, I don't think I will. Because I mean that would be the friendly thing to do. But, you kind of cock-blocked me pretty hard back there. So, I think I'll just talk up that demon chick you were having a drink-" Before Ghostface could go any further, he'd get a swift punch to the gut which toppled him off the chair he was sitting on and onto the ground.

6ICHUyw.jpg

"Hey! What the fuck was that about, Chrome? I'm just telling you like it is! I mean what do you expect me to do? I'm not the one who dumped the shit on your face and left you looking worse than Freddy Krueger on a bad day."

SHUT..THE FUCK..UP. IN..JACKET...POCKET...PAINKILLER...GET IT...FOR ME...NOW!

"Well, if you're gonna ask so nicely.." Ghostface sat up and reached inside to grab a syringe filled with some kind of painkiller and handed it to ChromeSkull. He hadn't seen Chrome shoot up the stuff but probably did help out a lot when you had a real bitch as a victim. The first two victims Mickey had were easy but that CiCi, oh man. Threw a bicycle at him, threw a potted plant at him, the works. Something more than a Halloween costume would have been nice.

Snatching the syringe out of his hand, ChromeSkull rolled up his sleeve and injected himself with it. It'd take a while to kick in but it'd dull the pain of his burns and that's all that mattered. Once things cooled down and this party ended, he'd have to go and get some surgery. Probably had a contact or two who knew a doctor who'd be willing to make a few bucks working on a mass murderer who's part of some underground organization.

Wincing at how fast ChromeSkull was to fill his body up with that stuff, it also piqued Ghostface's curiosity.

"Hey, not that it's any of my business. But are you caught on that stuff? I mean with the blows you took when we were trying to get you know who.."

DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY IT WASN'T ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS? LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY, MICKEY.

wRS04Fz.jpg

Before ChromeSkull could scold Ghostface/Mickey further, he'd notice someone present who had a past with him and the Woodsboro Slasher. He couldn't believe his eyes. Green hair, same hoodie, it had to be her!

"..You spacing out or something?"

Gripping Ghostface by the throat, he'd turn him to see Kido standing admist the crowd.

"I-Isn't that.."

BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME BITCH THAT GAVE US SUCH A HARD TIME BACK HOME. I DUNNO WHAT SHE'S DOING HERE BUT MAYBE FATE HAS A FUNNY WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS.

"So what do you think we should do?"

kNYOLfW.jpg

DO? WE DO NOTHING. AS FAR AS ANYONE ELSE KNOWS, WE'RE JUST HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND NOT BOTHER ANYONE. WHICH IS HOW I WANT THIS TO STAY AND PICKING A FIGHT WITH THE KID HERE AND NOW ISN'T GONNA HELP THAT IMAGE. BUT SHE OWES ME IN BLOOD AND A NEW SET OF WHEELS FOR WHICHEVER ONE OF HER FREAK FRIENDS DID TO MY CAR.

"..So, we're just gonna stare at her from a distance like creepers?"

DID YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WORDS OUT OF MY LAST MESSAGE? WE'LL KEEP AN EYE ON HER BUT MAKING A MOVE AGAINST HER NOW JUST AIN'T IN THE CARDS. NOT WHEN WE'RE JUST TWO ENTHUSIASTIC PARTY-GOERS.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"That sounds good and all but what if she notices us?"

THEN YOU ACT AS IF NOTHING'S WRONG. SHE'S FREE TO THINK WHATEVER SHE LIKES. FREE MULTIVERSE AND ALL THAT. WE JUST DON'T NEED TO BE PICKING FIGHTS WHEN WE CAN AVOID THEM. THAT'S WHY I DO THE THINKING FOR BOTH OF US."

"Yeah! Hey, fuck you!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Anyone
Between may-or-may-not-be a real skeleton and the crowd, Kido had managed to miss the two serial killers. But a certain half of the duo was a bit of a loud mouth. She looked in their direction and...

tumblr_inline_n0fdrozM5E1rhcyk4.png

"Wha- No way..."

She glanced again to make sure and, sure enough, two people she'd hoped to never see again. So much for relaxing at a party, huh? She thought about calling the cops, but did that work in a multiverse hotel or whatever? Heck, did her phone work at all?

Well regardless, causing a panic wasn't the way to go about this. For now, she just kept an eye on the two of them for suspicious behavior. And maybe intervention if some stupid girl bought their act again.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

tumblr_inline_mr6cvz6lwN1qz4rgp.jpg

"Well, that's good. You two seemed pretty close when we left the camp..." Hajime murmured as he slipped another bite into his mouth before nodding at Saitama, "Yeah, she's Neo, Saitama... And sorry if I upset you earlier with asking about you being popular..." At least you didn't help commit genocide, Saitama, so you have that going for you.

tumblr_inline_mr6cqdo4Tk1qz4rgp.png

Suddenly, Hajime's attention was taken away from him as he spotted Slavya in the crowd approaching, her uncertain question carried by her beautiful voice. A soft smile tilted the corners of his mouth as he shook his head at her question, "Weird penguins blowing up... Neo splashing a jerk with her drink... No, you didn't miss much, Slavya, seeing as you're the life of the party now."

"Oh, and this is Saitama, a superhero," Hajime explained after that quick compliment, looking to the bald man, "Saitama, this is Slavya, m-my girlfriend." For some reason, he still hadn't gotten used to calling Slavya his girlfriend. Thankfully though, he had managed to say it this time without much of a pause, "Anyways, Slavya, there hasn't been much to do besides get food and drink. There's supposed to be a special event soon, but who knows when that'll start."

@Verite @The Great Detective @york
tumblr_inline_mfy8cve7sc1qf6dad.png

"Oh, don't worry... It's nothing..." Saitama simply said with a melancholic tone in response to the comment about his popularity.

They probably still haven't forgiven me for destroying most of Z-City. Not my fault that meteor I punched out broke into several parts. Jeez, it's almost like they think I helped commit genocide.

Well, good thing no one died. That's all I'm good with.

When Slavya would appear, Saitama would give the girl a wave, before continuing to dig into his ice cream.

"Yo."

Again, it wasn't like he was really bored or anything. He was just... neutral. And his neutral state, ever since becoming too strong that no fight ever proved to be a challenge anymore, was just kinda... dead inside. Not his fault though.

@The Yuletide Tactician @york @The Great Detective @Alyto

"Hah! I suppose that's to be expected. It must be difficult staying cultured when you spend half your life in another dimension. And besides, I must confess that I did not put much thought into my costume." It was true. Hell, for a time it wasn't a costume. He was lucky the old thing wasn't half-eaten by moths or mildew when he fished it out of the closet. But it worked well enough for him. He wouldn't lose sleep if his cape had a wrinkle or two. He didn't care much about keeping up appearances, in the literal sense.

"But as I said, you look quite lovely. Even lovelier than that other woman you organized this gathering with. What was her name, again? Jewel? I do hope I get a chance to say hello to her as well. I might need to knock back a couple first, though, so I don't lose my nerve! Speaking of, it's open bar tonight, correct?"

Not so much in the figurative sense, either.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

ChromeSkull and Ghostface and Jez if she took the two slashers up on their offer to tag along had taken a seat at one of the tables. Ghostface still seemed to be quite sore about being interrupted when he was getting nice and close with Morrigan.

qduz74T.jpg

"Look Chrome, all I'm saying is that I had her dead to rights! She was the Kate Winslet to my Leo! Then you come in guns blazing and try to mess up the flow I have going. Really, I know we are who are but you can't spare me some common decency between pals right?"

ChromeSkull didn't respond, vocally of course. That was just a personal choice on his part. But as he reached for his cell-phone to send Ghostface another scathing message, his other hand clutched the side of his head as his breathing grew heavier.

"..Uh, Chrome? You okay? You're rocking back and forth like a caged animal."

Trying to control his breaths as best as he could, he'd type out a message and showed it to Ghostface.

IN...PAIN...PAINKILLERS...WEARING OFF...ACID..BURNS..DO..SOMETHING!

"..Yeah, I don't think I will. Because I mean that would be the friendly thing to do. But, you kind of cock-blocked me pretty hard back there. So, I think I'll just talk up that demon chick you were having a drink-" Before Ghostface could go any further, he'd get a swift punch to the gut which toppled him off the chair he was sitting on and onto the ground.

6ICHUyw.jpg

"Hey! What the fuck was that about, Chrome? I'm just telling you like it is! I mean what do you expect me to do? I'm not the one who dumped the shit on your face and left you looking worse than Freddy Krueger on a bad day."

SHUT..THE FUCK..UP. IN..JACKET...POCKET...PAINKILLER...GET IT...FOR ME...NOW!

"Well, if you're gonna ask so nicely.." Ghostface sat up and reached inside to grab a syringe filled with some kind of painkiller and handed it to ChromeSkull. He hadn't seen Chrome shoot up the stuff but probably did help out a lot when you had a real bitch as a victim. The first two victims Mickey had were easy but that CiCi, oh man. Threw a bicycle at him, threw a potted plant at him, the works. Something more than a Halloween costume would have been nice.

Snatching the syringe out of his hand, ChromeSkull rolled up his sleeve and injected himself with it. It'd take a while to kick in but it'd dull the pain of his burns and that's all that mattered. Once things cooled down and this party ended, he'd have to go and get some surgery. Probably had a contact or two who knew a doctor who'd be willing to make a few bucks working on a mass murderer who's part of some underground organization.

Wincing at how fast ChromeSkull was to fill his body up with that stuff, it also piqued Ghostface's curiosity.

"Hey, not that it's any of my business. But are you caught on that stuff? I mean with the blows you took when we were trying to get you know who.."

DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY IT WASN'T ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS? LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY, MICKEY.

wRS04Fz.jpg

Before ChromeSkull could scold Ghostface/Mickey further, he'd notice someone present who had a past with him and the Woodsboro Slasher. He couldn't believe his eyes. Green hair, same hoodie, it had to be her!

"..You spacing out or something?"

Gripping Ghostface by the throat, he'd turn him to see Kido standing admist the crowd.

"I-Isn't that.."

BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME BITCH THAT GAVE US SUCH A HARD TIME BACK HOME. I DUNNO WHAT SHE'S DOING HERE BUT MAYBE FATE HAS A FUNNY WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS.

"So what do you think we should do?"

kNYOLfW.jpg

DO? WE DO NOTHING. AS FAR AS ANYONE ELSE KNOWS, WE'RE JUST HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND NOT BOTHER ANYONE. WHICH IS HOW I WANT THIS TO STAY AND PICKING A FIGHT WITH THE KID HERE AND NOW ISN'T GONNA HELP THAT IMAGE. BUT SHE OWES ME IN BLOOD AND A NEW SET OF WHEELS FOR WHICHEVER ONE OF HER FREAK FRIENDS DID TO MY CAR.

"..So, we're just gonna stare at her from a distance like creepers?"

DID YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WORDS OUT OF MY LAST MESSAGE? WE'LL KEEP AN EYE ON HER BUT MAKING A MOVE AGAINST HER NOW JUST AIN'T IN THE CARDS. NOT WHEN WE'RE JUST TWO ENTHUSIASTIC PARTY-GOERS.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"That sounds good and all but what if she notices us?"

THEN YOU ACT AS IF NOTHING'S WRONG. SHE'S FREE TO THINK WHATEVER SHE LIKES. FREE MULTIVERSE AND ALL THAT. WE JUST DON'T NEED TO BE PICKING FIGHTS WHEN WE CAN AVOID THEM. THAT'S WHY I DO THE THINKING FOR BOTH OF US."

"Yeah! Hey, fuck you!"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Anyone
Kiritsugu deciding he sat around long enough got up and went back into the Party, if the girl wanted his help he'd have to track him down.

As he wandered about the setting he made a concious attempt to avoid Gilgamesh and 'Kirei' still. Though it really did seem most of these guests were troublesome folks.
For soon what he noticed were two... Thugs? They looked like they came from horror films, yelling at one another.

He didn't want to get involved, but this was going to cause a disturbance so he approached the duo and said "I think you two are at the wrong event. This is a formal gathering, not a Boxing ring".

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Kaykay @Jeremi

tumblr_inline_mfy8cve7sc1qf6dad.png

"Oh, don't worry... It's nothing..." Saitama simply said with a melancholic tone in response to the comment about his popularity.

They probably still haven't forgiven me for destroying most of Z-City. Not my fault that meteor I punched out broke into several parts. Jeez, it's almost like they think I helped commit genocide.

Well, good thing no one died. That's all I'm good with.

When Slavya would appear, Saitama would give the girl a wave, before continuing to dig into his ice cream.

"Yo."

Again, it wasn't like he was really bored or anything. He was just... neutral. And his neutral state, ever since becoming too strong that no fight ever proved to be a challenge anymore, was just kinda... dead inside. Not his fault though.

@The Yuletide Tactician @york @The Great Detective @Alyto
tumblr_inline_n9p1aspzYe1subh1h.png

"... They don't appreciate you, do they? You try to help them now, but you don't get the recognition?"

It seemed Hajime was keeping a close eye on Saitama, making an assumption like that. However, before Saitama could reply back, he shrugged before grabbing a drink, "Sorry, jumping the gun there. Just forget what I said if it was wrong or you don't want to talk about it."

@york @The Great Detective @Alyto @Verite

As he left, the Prinny eagerly poured him another drink. "Anything else, dood?"

@DapperDogman @Gen. Magic Senpai
The hooded figure shook his head and knocked back his drink, his hood falling back to reveal his face as he looks about "I'm good"
giphy.gif

Finally, he'd picked a casual face to use for now, one that wouldn't attract unwanted attention, and on he was more than familiar with

Murphy Pendelton

"I'll be back later, I'm sure, so don't forget my face"

@Atomyk

Making his way away from the bar, he'd take a look around, taking in the scenery with his new, more relaxed form, it was a surprise he hadn't thought of it sooner
Then again, he never had to leave Silent Hill before, and back there, lumbering around in his normal form was perfectly acceptable, you know?

@Whoever wants to interact with their worst nightmare

CceZfaK.jpg

@C.T. @Savannah-Clause
Well Gilgamesh clearly struck a nerve there, meaning he was onto something. Which made his offer to continue talking a bit off to say the least, though he was likely just keeping up good manners. Regardless, Gilgamesh lacked much other leads for now. So until something more interesting were to pop up he would oblidge, standing up with a smirk he responded "Hmph! Am I now? Games are been to played, not watched. I don't see what's so 'sinister' about asking on that fact".

Then giving a quick look to the masked man by the counter he said "Clean up your mess Mongrel! It should not be soiled by such clumsiness!".

... Speaking of something more interesting, it was faint but Gilgamesh for a moment thought he saw something familliar in the distance.
Still, it was more than enough to distract him from following a servant with casual conversation.
"You can go on your way now, I have other things to attend to" was all Gilgamesh would say to the servant, before walking off.

@Atomyk @DapperDogman @Mari

@Savannah-Clause @Atomyk @C.T.

Ah, so she was correct after all. This man was the host from before. Her typical polite smile not falling from her face, she clasped her hands together neatly and patiently waited for Kilgrave and Jade to finish their conversations before saying anymore, considering her family(especially Reece) had taught her that interrupting was impolite. She had intended to inquire if a certain few people were around, but her concentration was shattered when an all-too-familiar voice addressed her. Instantly, her head turned in Gilgamesh's direction, her smile widening.

tumblr_m82zgx8UCf1qdndm8o1_250.gif

"Gilgamesh!"

Uh oh. Gilgamesh probably shouldn't have made himself known, because now Ryan was trying to hug him. There was no escaping the Ryan hugs, now, Gilgamesh

Even as Gilgamesh went on to ask how long it had been and how she and Reece were, Ryan didn't stop smiling. No, this day had just gotten too much better for that prizewinning smile to fall, now! Instead, she just kept smiling, not hesitating to respond. "Eight years and forty-three days," she stated, thoughtfully. "...But I've been alright. Reece hasn't been around the Manor much," the Caster explained, bright green eyes shining with happiness. "What about you? It's been a long time--"

If she had been about to say more, it was abruptly cut short when she was addressed by Kilgrave. Her smile fell at his words, and she grew a bit more solemn. "Oh.. I apologize, sir. I didn't intend to offend you whatso... ever...." Unaware of why she was suddenly trailing off, or why she felt so affected by the man's words, Ryan found herself suddenly doing just as she was told - lying face down on the floor.

Welp. This was confusing.

@C.T. @Gen. Magic Senpai @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Link to sign-ups.

RULES

1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.

2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.

3. No god-modding or meta-gaming. If you're not sure what those terms mean, this blog post might just be for you!

4. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.

PROLOGUE
"You Have Been Cordially Invited..."

The Grand Hotel is practically a world all on its own. A world between worlds, nestled between countless universes and visited by countless more. As well known as it is within the greater multiverse, it is not a place one stumbles into accidentally. Men and women work tirelessly to ensure such a breach never occurs, for its entirely unknown what could be waiting in some corners of the multiverse. For you to have been invited to a party held at the hotel, you would either have to be an important figure, or at least know an important figure. Perhaps you were just in the right place at the right time. Maybe you're just really lucky. Either way, you've been invited to a place unlike any other.

And you've been told to dress up.

Whether the portal you take to get to the hotel is a whirling mass of light or just a simple door, you arrive in the entrance hall, surrounded by dozens of others arriving just as you are.

bP5z8MH.jpg

The hall is dimly lit in accordance with the night's theme. Candles and cobwebs lining the walls give the area a feeling of walking a dungeon's hallways. The ceiling is covered in an inky darkness that is black as night. Slow blinking lights peer down from the darkness and it's unclear if they are meant to be stars or watching eyes.

Within the hall stands a line of small, pouch-wearing penguins with small bat wings and two peg legs. Most of them appear to be blue and wearing small bowler hats. In their stubby fins are clipboards, all with the names of tonight's guests.

eSKXCgR.png

The Prinnies would greet you with a "Dood!" before taking your name and leading you away from the hall. Tonight's main attraction was, of course, the banquet hall.

zA5Hxvg.jpg

A sea of tables, chairs, and people stood before you, a mass of buzzing energy rolling off of them. While only a few hundred people attended tonight's party, the hall could easily fit toward a thousand if needed. Like the entrance hall, this room was also dimly lit, with small candles lining the walls and at every table. The fire was only magical, so there was no worry about someone getting burned. Toy-like bats comically flew around the ceiling in repeating patterns while wooden skeletons leaned casually against some of the walls as if they were set up to look bored with the evening. Arched windows that touched the ground lined the walls, showing off a grim and stormy night, though if one were to try and break through of these windows, they would find just an ordinary wall beyond.

Nicely enough, a bar sat nestled in the corner of the banquet hall.

Red drapery sat over a stage at the back of the banquet hall, while twin spotlights aimed down at the centre of the stage. After many of the guests had settled into their seats, a man with long brown hair and striking red eyes behind a pair of glasses would step into the spotlight. Many of the guests knew the man as Jade Curtiss, proprietor of this grand establishment.

RLWrIXI.jpg

The man smiled evenly as he looked over his guests. He was dressed in a dark cloak with a red cape, looking almost like some kind of dark magician. Once the buzz from below died out, Jade spoke, his voice clear to even those standing at the back of the room.

"I welcome all of you to this haunted evening held in honor of Lady Melodia of Mira! As co-founder of my company, Lady Melodia has been a valued person in my life, both professionally and personally. Her birthday nears, and while she wishes not to make clear what age she will soon reach, the least I could do is hold an event such as this for her. She wishes not to speak on stage, but you will find her mingling throughout the evening. Please, for my sake, wish her a happy birthday." Reaching up to touch at his glasses, Jade's eyes scanned the crowd below. "Now, adjacent to the banquet hall, you'll find the ballroom. There is not only more open space in there, but a section of the floor where you may partake in dancing. We will be holding a feast here later in the evening, so be sure not to fill up too much on appetizers."

Jade then pointed to the side of the hall. "All of you have been given individual rooms for the evening. That area of the hotel has been segregated from the party in order to ensure guests are able to rest without being disturbed by some of the more... rowdy of you. You may speak with a Prinny if you wish to retire for the evening, but I ask that you wait until we've had our special event." Jade's smile broadened at this subject. "We will be hosting an exciting game this evening! Due to the nature of the game, only a select few will be able to participate. If you're chosen, participation will be mandatory. I promise that the event will be exciting! I'll be giving out more details when the time comes. For now... Please, enjoy yourselves."

With that, Jade stepped off the stage. A flash of lightning from the windows accompanied this, almost as if Jade had planned it that way. Prinny servants poured into the hall carrying trays of food and drink, just enough to whet your appetite for the feast later in the evening.

The ballroom was where Jade had indicated, past an archway draped with a black curtain. Inside was almost as spacious as the banquet hall.

aMMgrfM.jpg

For the moment, it was decorated to look like an abandoned mansion. Rustic tables and chairs sat here, while dusty, abandoned furniture haphazardly lined the edges of the dance floor. Creaking wooden planks touched by cobwebs made up the walls. Despite this imagery, colored floodlights swayed down from above and dance music filled the air, giving the ballroom the feeling of being inside a club. At the edge of the dance floor was a platform ladder that rose up toward the ceiling. Though it was hard to see from below, there seemed to be a catwalk above where the lights were situated. A girl was standing up here, though it was tough to see what she was doing.

Back in the entrance hall, you would see a red-haired man arguing with one of the Prinnies. Listening in on the conversation, you'd hear the word "Coalition."

In the banquet hall, one of the servants strangely appeared to be an old man and not a Prinny, for whatever reason. Not too far away was a crowd of people surrounding a white-haired woman who looked rather serene in the face of all the attention was getting. At the opposite end of the hall was Jade, who was off by himself and appeared to be talking on a cellular phone.

Aside from these areas of interest, it seemed you were free to do whatever you wanted, whether that was getting on the dance floor, touching at the appetizers, or mingling with the other guests.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]
Prologue- The 11th Hour- 11 Pipers Piping
image.jpeg

A wheezing groaning sound filled the main ball, vanquishing all other noises. Every note from an instrument, every spoken word, every sung chorus was swiftly drowned within its immense volume as the strange image came into view; fading and flickering, glowing and dimming, the picture appeared to flow into view wave by wave. It took a few moments for the picture to even become comprehensible, but once it did, it was unmistakable; a large, navy blue police box, approximately the size of a small arch or door way, branded with the pure white emblem of the "St John's Ambulance Service". 8 crystal lights shined from the walls, cutting through the haze, blinding all who stood too close.

A fumbling of keys and locks could be heard from the other size once the seemingly wooden machine had materialised completely. With one final click, mighty doors creaked open, and a lanky, raggedy man fell out, stumbling onto the ballroom. He scrambled to his feet like an excited puppy, his eyes wider than a child's mind. He rubbed his boney fingers along the edge of his silky smooth dickie bow, adjusting it until it was once again centred, parallel to his enormous, clean shaven chin. The Raggedy wan thrusted out his twig like arms, forcing his green-grey tweed jacket sleeves further up his arms, revealing an upside-down wrist watch. Raising the palm of his hand to his face, he monitored the time. "Late! Late again!!" He muttered with the voice of an imaginary friend. "I hope I haven't missed the dancing...don't tell me I've missed the dancing!".

image.gif

The Time Lord known as the Doctor whipped the long strands of his midnight black hair from his eyes as he turned to face the crowd, many of which who were already facing him, no doubt due to his dramatic entrance. "Oh! Hello! I'm the Doctor. Sorry I'm late, I had a little trouble with the space-time visualiser; in my attempts to recalibrate the old girl I may have accidentally pressed a few big red buttons I should have and well...I may have invented a new species of bulldog." He was only greeted by an ocean of blank stares. "Tough crowd, huh? Alright, suit yourselves. I'm going to go back to the dancing...."

Regardless of the songs playing, the Doctor ran onto the dance floor, arms flailing like a child approaching an ice-cream van. Once his pointed leaver shoes came into contact with the floorboards, everything changed. His lanky wrists were thrusted into the air, and began to spin them with a propellor-like motion. This was, of course, his signature dance move, made infamous throughout the galaxies by his incredible skill and creativity. The Drunk Giraffe- A Wisdom of his own creation.

He continued to express this array of hand actions and cheering until a something strange caught his eye; the argument going on between the red headed man and the Prinnie. Without any care for his own safety and without any tact or finesse, the Raggedy Doctor approached the duo. Oh, how he envied the man; of course, he had no desire for the man's aggressive nature or brash instincts, however, he had taken a rather strong liking to his hair. In all of the traveller's lives and regenerations, not once had the Tine Lord been blessed by even one line strand of red or ginger hair, and how it irritated him. With 12 differs faces under his belt, you would expect at least of them to be a red head.

Only paces away from the instigator, the Doctor froze, realising something rather important; he was without a costume! He slammed the palm of his hand against his forehead again and again. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! That's what I get for skip reading the memo!!" But he, of course, had a fix for this situation; it was neither glamorous nor subtle, but, at the end of the day, neither of those things were his style anyway. He reached into his tweed jacket, removing a large, red fez, one he had stolen from a museum mannequin in a time gone by. How he had managed to fit such a conspicuous item into such a small pocket would have baffled many, but it did not do so for the Doctor; all he was focused on was how 'cool' his fez looked.

He continued to update is so called 'costume' by pulling a pair of thick, foggy spectacles from the same part of his jacket. Unable to see through the haze of the glass, the TimeLord lowered the accessory onto the tip of his long, sharp nose, adjusting then until they were perfectly horizontal. These glasses, of course, also had their own quirky story to go with them; they had once belonged to Winston Churchill himself, and had been supplied to him in exchange for taking the war leader with him on a trip to Ahkaten...what a day that had been.

The final part of his costume was by far the most ludicrous. Running into the corner of the room, the Traveller grabbed an abandoned mop from a wooden bucket and raised it over his shoulder, like a First World War rifleman. The putrid water rained over the flor behind him, dowsing several guests with the filth of the cleaning utensil. "Yes! A mop, a fez, foggy glasses!! Brilliant! Now...where was I...." Returning to the arguing duo, the Doctor threw his arms around them, grinning from ear to ear. "Hello there, I'm the Doctor, and I'm wearing a fez!" He used his free fingers to point to his hatted head, sniggering like a school boy as he did so. "Any problems here?"

image.jpeg
@Mighty Roman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk
Mobile post

Gallery-
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.gif image.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Lord President Nick
"Almost exactly like that feeling, I know almost one hundred percent I've seen him before, though I don't know when, or where..." he pauses for a moment and shudders visibly, a chill running down his spine "Creepy stuff" he turns to her and nods "Yeah, he certainly strikes me as the kind of person you'd see watching you from a distance from time to time, always there but only in the background...Quite spooky indeed" he turns back for a moment, flinching as he spots a wooden skeleton propped against one of the walls "That's almost insulting" he murmurs to himself "They didn't even clothe them, disgraceful"

@Archmage Jeremiah
Coraline almost scoffed at his ridiculous comment. How could a few plastic skeleton props be insulting?

ohyeahcuzhesaskeleton

Instead she shrugged, trying to see it from his POV. "Oh yeah...that's a...human tradition. Well, used to be where I come from." she sputtered out quick, deciding to roll with the weirdness before she had time to fully comprehend it. "It's to celebrate Halloween. We'd put up a bunch of decorations like that once a year. I don't really know why, but it was still fun!"

@DapperDogman

Status
Not open for further replies.