Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_mfy8e45m8f1qf6dad.png

"Ah, is that so? I guess I'm pretty hungry too. Haven't had anything since I first got here, and then before I knew it, I used some energy investigating and running around. This place is becoming more trouble than its worth," Saitama would say somewhat absent-mindedly, "I guess if you want, we could grab a bite to eat and--" He would begin to continue, before Kieran would approach them.

tumblr_inline_mfy8dxXsz51qf6dad.png

"What do I know? Well... uh, lemme try to remember," the hero would attempt to recount, thinking back on what he had found there, "So her throat was slit, presumably through the jewel on her neck, so uh, maybe the weapon was pretty big and strong, though the only possible weapons we could find were glass shards from a broken mirror, which was probably created from a struggle, which is supported by the bruise on her chin."

Saitama would proceed to furrow his brow to try to remember what else he had discovered, before speaking again.

"The paper she had was some sort of schedule that indicated what she was to do, which included... uh, avoiding Melodia, fix the lights, where Jade said she was approached by one of the guests, and then visit the storerooms after talking to Jade. Still, we can't really say if that so-called guest, whoever he or she was, was the culprit, since it's circumstantial, and could, in reality, just be nothing."

And with that, Saitama would suddenly feel the urge to clap as well, though seemed more resistant to it for the moment.

@Jeremi @Atomyk
Sarah overheard Saitama. She pulled out the needle. "Rowen also found this, a sewing needle, on the corpse, and said that it wasn't hers." Sarah said, placing it on the table. "He said that the killer must have dropped it."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sorry for intruding

Idoun clapped away, her blank expression never changing. "By bowing, YOU HAVE BEEN SPARED MY WRATH. So yes, have some tea."

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @Alyto

---

kv5l6AG.png

Junko's mood dropped once Sarah told her the news about Riley. As Sarah went into her song, Junko let go of Brad's arm and stared dejectedly at the ground. Once the girl was finished, Junko pulled her aside. "... Presumed dead? You have to joking! When did this happen? I mean, really, when, because I haven't been able to keep track of time these days." Letting out an exasperated sigh, Junko turned away. "This is all my fault. Just... whatever. Forget it. Nothing good happens when I'm around, huh?"

Letting Sarah move over to the table to speak to Kieran, Junko headed back on stage. She was angry now, but still clapped along with the others. "I guess it was okay..."

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @C.T. @Kaykay

---

xCbaG8m.png

"Why, you're right, Gaster, he does sound demanding. Very uncouth." Melodia covered her ears as instructed. "Can you sing? Your voice has a certain... melody to it that I enjoy. Perhaps I could hear that some day? I must admit, most who sing are rather full of themselves. Always demanding attention... it's too much." A playful smile touched the woman's lips. Gaster had managed to earn her full attention for the evening.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Idoun clapped away, her blank expression never changing. "By bowing, YOU HAVE BEEN SPARED MY WRATH. So yes, have some tea."

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @Alyto

---

kv5l6AG.png

Junko's mood dropped once Sarah told her the news about Riley. As Sarah went into her song, Junko let go of Brad's arm and stared dejectedly at the ground. Once the girl was finished, Junko pulled her aside. "... Presumed dead? You have to joking! When did this happen? I mean, really, when, because I haven't been able to keep track of time these days." Letting out an exasperated sigh, Junko turned away. "This is all my fault. Just... whatever. Forget it. Nothing good happens when I'm around, huh?"

Letting Sarah move over to the table to speak to Kieran, Junko headed back on stage. She was angry now, but still clapped along with the others. "I guess it was okay..."

---

xCbaG8m.png

"Why, you're right, Gaster, he does sound demanding. Very uncouth." Melodia covered her ears as instructed. "Can you sing? Your voice has a certain... melody to it that I enjoy. Perhaps I could hear that some day? I must admit, most who sing are rather full of themselves. Always demanding attention... it's too much." A playful smile touched the woman's lips. Gaster had managed to earn her full attention for the evening.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Neo took her seat and drank some tea once they were brought over to the banquet hall. She'll keep the eye color illusion up around Idoun until she felt like she would be drained out from it, but this seemed to be getting interesting nonetheless.

@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @Alyto

---

kv5l6AG.png

---

xCbaG8m.png

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Presumed dead. Routine Operation, he led a group of soldiers into an abandoned vault to gather research, and uh, they were attacked. He remained the only member unaccounted for." Sarah twirled his holotags around her fingers. "They found these, but the data was too corrupted. They couldn't get a read off of it. One thing irks me, he's too damn good. He shouldn't have been caught in that situation. I'm sure he's not dead." Sarah said reassuringly. "If I know him, he's not dead."

Sarah's head began to hurt. "Now, if you excuse me, I haven't sang in like, 200 years, so I need a drink. I will tell you more about this later, as it needs more explaining. Right now, I need to take some medicine, contact the Brotherhood, and hand in the needle to Kieran."

Kieran nodded along intently with what Saitama had to say. The death of one girl wasn't exactly enough to phase him these days, but a grimace was clear on his face by the time Saitama was done. "I can assure you that Captain-Commander Kieran had nothing to do with this. I was invited by Jade himself to be a representative for my people!" He sneaked another glance toward Jade. "But something went wrong and my name wasn't on the list. Maybe Jade was playing a joke... that would be like him."

Looking back, Kieran eeyed the needle in Sarah's hand. "Either way, I was hiding out from those Prinnies at the time of the murder. Maybe I accidentally helped the killer by distracting them... I can't say. I... I hope not! But-- Anyway..."

htGIV6F.png

"If Jade has access to that facility, he's breaching an agreement. That place was off limits. That the bear was there is... something you don't have to concern yourself with. The thing to worry about now is Jade. He and his company could be liable here! The alliance and laws are still new, but there are multiversal groups who would not be happy with Jade, do you understand?" Kieran then banged his fist on the table, not noticing as he drew some eyes. "Damn it! Maybe it's related to the murder? Just-- why would anyone kill that girl? Did someone have a disagreement with her during the party? Did she... Did she say anything?"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi

Reactions: The Myrmidon

---

kv5l6AG.png

---

xCbaG8m.png

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
gaster_by_zerpflies-d9i33g9.png

I HAVE NEVER FANCIED MYSELF AS A PERFORMER

I WAS ALWAYS BUSY IN MY LAB

AND NOW, WELL,

IT IS QUITE HARD TO PUT ON A SHOW WITH YOUR ENTIRE MEMORY SHATTERED ACROSS TIME AND SPACE

HARD TO REMEMBER THE ROUTINE, HA HA HA

@Atomyk

Decidedly not bowing beforehand, Jeen sat himself down at Idoun's table next. Palling around with a delusional woman, a couple of serial killers, and, uh... he actually wasn't sure. He found it hard to keep track of more than one or two people at once. Regardless, not how he was expecting tonight to turn out.

"Charmed as I would be to bow in deference of your fearsome visage, I just have the nastiest crick in my back." Despite his words, he didn't even bother to hide the irritation in his voice at her behavior: she probably couldn't even tell. "So, unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to pass on tea. No worries, though, I treated myself beforehand." He knocked back the rest of what was in his cup before refilling it and placing his spoils on the table. "Besides, I never really cared too much for tea. Not enough kick to it, if you catch my drift." He looked around at his company. "Help yourself. It's not like it's actually mine, anyway."

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Alyto

Reactions: Atomyk
Kieran nodded along intently with what Saitama had to say. The death of one girl wasn't exactly enough to phase him these days, but a grimace was clear on his face by the time Saitama was done. "I can assure you that Captain-Commander Kieran had nothing to do with this. I was invited by Jade himself to be a representative for my people!" He sneaked another glance toward Jade. "But something went wrong and my name wasn't on the list. Maybe Jade was playing a joke... that would be like him."

Looking back, Kieran eeyed the needle in Sarah's hand. "Either way, I was hiding out from those Prinnies at the time of the murder. Maybe I accidentally helped the killer by distracting them... I can't say. I... I hope not! But-- Anyway..."

htGIV6F.png

"If Jade has access to that facility, he's breaching an agreement. That place was off limits. That the bear was there is... something you don't have to concern yourself with. The thing to worry about now is Jade. He and his company could be liable here! The alliance and laws are still new, but there are multiversal groups who would not be happy with Jade, do you understand?" Kieran then banged his fist on the table, not noticing as he drew some eyes. "Damn it! Maybe it's related to the murder? Just-- why would anyone kill that girl? Did someone have a disagreement with her during the party? Did she... Did she say anything?"

tumblr_inline_mqm4vyewpV1s5ig4s.png

Saitama didn't really understand what Kieran was going on about with the groups and whatnot, though he assumed it had something to do with that Coalition thing that he heard mentioned earlier. Whatever. It wasn't his business for now.

"Hmm... Oh, well, I dunno if someone was out to get her personally, though... the only suspect I could think of right now is the mystery guest who helped her fix the lights earlier," Saitama spoke, before continuing, "Just before she died, someone stole her master key or whatever, and blamed me for it. So there's that as well."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin

Idoun stared at Jeen's 'spoils' as if it was offending her. Her eyes narrowed and her gaze traveled up to Jeen's eyes. She shivered at the purple and green that stared back at her. Whether she was fearful of or awed by her favorite colors being all around her was not entirely clear. "Did my FATHER send you?" she asked of everyone present, moving to pour herself some tea. "Has he finally SEEN fit to rid HUMANITY of MY FEAR-INDUCING SELF?"

---

Kieran smiled at that. "Oh, hey, now that's something I can help with. I used to work here! So..."

7DfrAFy.png

"Every employee gets a special master key that does two things. First, it can unlock any door in the hotel. Second, it can lock anyone inside or outside a room: each door has a second lock that can only be set by the master key. There's a limited number of them and each are a certain color so the employee knows which is theirs. Did Rita say what color her key was?"

---

"A lab... You must be a scientist then? You must be very smart-- especially if you've been across time and space." Leaving her food untouched for now, Melodia turned in her seat to better look at Gaster. "You must have been to so many exotic places," she said, moving to place a hand upon his arm. "You sound... exotic."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Jeen blinked. "Lady," he started before knocking back his third (fourth?) cup of the night, "if you plan to prattle on with this garbage all night, you might be even drunker than I'm gonna get. And that's a tall fuckin' order, I'll tell you that much." He refilled his teacup. "Now, are you gonna keep givin' my generous gift the stink-eye, or are you finally ready to chill the hell out for a second?"

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Alyto

Kieran smiled at that. "Oh, hey, now that's something I can help with. I used to work here! So..."

7DfrAFy.png

"Every employee gets a special master key that does two things. First, it can unlock any door in the hotel. Second, it can lock anyone inside or outside a room: each door has a second lock that can only be set by the master key. There's a limited number of them and each are a certain color so the employee knows which is theirs. Did Rita say what color her key was?"

tumblr_inline_mqm4wrRd0w1s5ig4s.png

"Hmm..."

tumblr_inline_mqm5woICDt1s5ig4s.png

"Nope."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin

Idoun stared at Jeen's 'spoils' as if it was offending her. Her eyes narrowed and her gaze traveled up to Jeen's eyes. She shivered at the purple and green that stared back at her. Whether she was fearful of or awed by her favorite colors being all around her was not entirely clear. "Did my FATHER send you?" she asked of everyone present, moving to pour herself some tea. "Has he finally SEEN fit to rid HUMANITY of MY FEAR-INDUCING SELF?"

---

7DfrAFy.png

---

"A lab... You must be a scientist then? You must be very smart-- especially if you've been across time and space." Leaving her food untouched for now, Melodia turned in her seat to better look at Gaster. "You must have been to so many exotic places," she said, moving to place a hand upon his arm. "You sound... exotic."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Jeen blinked. "Lady," he started before knocking back his third (fourth?) cup of the night, "if you plan to prattle on with this garbage all night, you might be even drunker than I'm gonna get. And that's a tall fuckin' order, I'll tell you that much." He refilled his teacup. "Now, are you gonna keep givin' my generous gift the stink-eye, or are you finally ready to chill the hell out for a second?"

Taking delicate sips out of her tea, Neo decided to work up reactions from Idoun. Without making it clear, she had the illusion fade away, and Idoun would see that everyone around had their usual eye colors again. Well, Neo still had the purple and green eye colors due to her apparent ability to change eye colors... but she did want to see what would be the dark dragon's reaction to this.

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @Hazel-rah @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Alyto

---

7DfrAFy.png

---

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Gaster glanced down at the hand on his arm.

Melodia would feel nothing when she touched his arm, as if she was just touching air.

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

AH

WELL, I HAVE BEEN AROUND

I EXIST IN EVERY POSSIBLE TIMELINE AND AREA OF SPACE ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE

YET I AM ALSO IN A STATE OF PURE NONEXISTENCE, AT THE SAME TIME

YOU COULD SAY I AM QUITE EXOTIC WHEN YOU COMPARE ME TO MY...

Gaster paused, a flicker of memory appearing in his eyes as he briefly broke his stare on Melodia to look at Papyrus. Gaster looked back at Melodia

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

WELL

I NEEDN'T GOSSIP

IT IS RUDE TO TALK ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS LISTENING

@Atomyk @DapperDogman

lNklNBI.png

Grabbing himself whatever Jeen was drinking and seemingly gulping it down without removing his mask, he'd plop the glass down as Idoun popped the question.

"Lady, I don't have an idea of what you're saying half the time but I'm really doubting humanity's scared of some chick proclaiming she's a dark dragon. No, what humanity really fears is someone who they wouldn't suspect to be afraid of. Like the unsuspecting boyfriend, the boyfriend's best friend who's kind of dimwitted so you just believe he'd be too stupid to do anything like plot a series of murders. Or the news reporter who's actually the mother of the boyfriend killer. Humanity's greatest fear is what my mask here represents: Anonymity. You'll never be too sure about who's ready to stake you in the back. Not even the people you trust to be your friends or even your loved ones are safe from suspicion!"

MICKEY..

"Hold on a sec, Chrome. I'm on a spiel. Going off on that, I think you could really go places! The only thing you lack is subtly and lots of it! Nothing a good mask and a partner couldn't help change however. That said, I bet if that bear hadn't gone and revealed our occupations when it did, we'd just be two guys in a costume. Now, what did you want to tell me Chrome?"

I WAS GOING TO JUST SAY THAT JEZ ALREADY KNEW ABOUT US. SENSED YOU HAD A WICKED HEART AND ALL THAT. COULDN'T REALLY DISAGREE SINCE I CAN'T IMAGINE A COLLEGE STUDENT WHO TAKES OUT PEOPLE HE MAY HAVE SHARED A MATH CLASS WITH TO BE THE PUREST OF BEINGS. IN ANY CASE, IF I'M GOING TO SIT HERE. I MIGHT AS WELL JOIN IN ON THE DRINKING BEFORE IT'S ALL GONE.

Reaching for his mask, ChromeSkull pried it off and placed it down on the table. Reaching for a cup of tea, he'd hold it up to his gnarled lips and looked it over inquisitively.

QEZiFi2.jpg

Taking one large swig of it, ChromeSkull slammed the cup back down and closed his eye. After a moment or two, the tea finally went down smoothly and ChromeSkull opened his eye once more. He'd been expecting a scalding drink that might have burned his throat and forced him to do something befitting of his slasher nature. But this actually wasn't that bad. He might have to get some more..

@Hana @Sen @Atomyk @The Great Detective @Hazel-rah @The Yuletide Tactician

Gaster glanced down at the hand on his arm.

Melodia would feel nothing when she touched his arm, as if she was just touching air.

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

AH

WELL, I HAVE BEEN AROUND

I EXIST IN EVERY POSSIBLE TIMELINE AND AREA OF SPACE ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE

YET I AM ALSO IN A STATE OF PURE NONEXISTENCE, AT THE SAME TIME

YOU COULD SAY I AM QUITE EXOTIC WHEN YOU COMPARE ME TO MY...

Gaster paused, a flicker of memory appearing in his eyes as he briefly broke his stare on Melodia to look at Papyrus. Gaster looked back at Melodia

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

WELL

I NEEDN'T GOSSIP

IT IS RUDE TO TALK ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS LISTENING

@Atomyk @DapperDogman
"..."
tumblr_inline_nxmnmysrUF1tgdku3_100.png

"I'm not listening"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk

91pyBgI.png

Junko's face lit up at the mention of Riley. "Oh? You mean my biggest fan ever! I guess I should have known you'd know him! Though, I think I've been in a few more of these messes than he has now." Spinning on her heel, Junko turned on Death. She took the woman's familiarity in stride, going with the flow as she did best. "That's Ultimate Fashionista, just so you know! If singing and dancing doesn't brighten him up, my sunny disposition will! And if all else fails, he can just take a trip to the bar!"

Crossing her arms, nodded. "You look hot, by the way. I'm loving this party!" She winked at Deah before moving to take Brad by the arm. "So, Brad, do you have a favorite song?"

Meanhile, Idoun looked less than intimidated ChromeSkull's threats. "If you do not BOW, then PATHETIC MORTALS do not get the DARK DRAGON IDOUN'S TEA." She really loved her bows. Of course, once the changing eye colors became noticeable to her, the woman found herself looking around the room nervously. So much purple and green was a little overstimulating for her. "HOPEFULLY my FATHER is not to blame..."

It was then that Jade stepped into the ballroom and asked for everyone's attention. "The table's have been set and it's time to begin our feast... If you would all join me back in the banquet hall?"

Rowen cleared his throat, giving both Yvaine and Gaster a small bow. "If you'll excuse me, I have to help serve. Wave me down during the feast if you wish to speak more."

The crowd moved to follow, finding the tables of the banquet hall had been replaced by one very long rectangular table. "It's so elegant," Melodia said, moving down the table. "Dining at a table like this is shows a refined taste." She smiled at the setup, her pale hand running across the back of the seats as she moved. A line of Prinnies followed behind her, carrying plates full of extravagant meals. They were placed neatly in front of each chair, cutlery arranged next to the plates with perfect precision. As Jade explained that any seat could be taken, Melodia moved to the head of the table where two chairs sat. "This seat's for you, Gaster," said the woman, placing a hand on the chair next to her.

"If a dish is not to your liking, please grab the attention of any of our staff and we will get you a more appropriate meal." As Jade proceeded to explain they had options for vegetarians and vegans, Idoun slipped away to her corner of the banquet hall. There sat a small round table with a teapot situated in the center. None of the Prinnies were coming by here with plates, so it seemed Idoun had no requested any food. The clown-faced woman sat patiently at the table and pulled one of the teacups closer to her. She waited for the others to follow, probably hoping they'd BOW IN DEFERENCE to her once they arrived.

Coming into the hall at that time was Kieran, who looked over the crowd of guests with curiosity. He wanted to speak wit a few of you, but wasn't sure where to begin.

Junko and her Prinny assistant moved the karaoke machine on to the stage of the banquet hall. She called for the others who had been interested to join her, setting Sarah up once again with the mic.

"Let's get ready to ROCK AND ROLLLLLL!"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @C.T. @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Everyone
Sal_%28shark_form%29_16.png

Sal approached the so-called 'dark dragon' and her tea party table. It was more promising than singing karaoke and a fine chance to interact with some of the other guests. He could already see Ghostface and ChromeSkull by the table - surprisingly - two serial killers enjoying a cup of tea was somewhat amusing to him. But what could he say about himself? A shark sitting down for tea wasn't normal in itself. "Ah, what is pride? Lost most of it already, heehee~" He dipped his head to resemble a bow in the best way he could as a shark, finding the maneuver a little difficult when he had no waist. "As long as I get some tea~" He grasped a cup between his fins and threw the contents down his throat, sighing with relief. He could smell alcohol behind him, but now wasn't the day.​

91pyBgI.png

Junko's face lit up at the mention of Riley. "Oh? You mean my biggest fan ever! I guess I should have known you'd know him! Though, I think I've been in a few more of these messes than he has now." Spinning on her heel, Junko turned on Death. She took the woman's familiarity in stride, going with the flow as she did best. "That's Ultimate Fashionista, just so you know! If singing and dancing doesn't brighten him up, my sunny disposition will! And if all else fails, he can just take a trip to the bar!"

Crossing her arms, nodded. "You look hot, by the way. I'm loving this party!" She winked at Deah before moving to take Brad by the arm. "So, Brad, do you have a favorite song?"

FXiz1GS.jpg

"Do I really? Oh, thank you! That's such a lovely thing to say!" She replied with a flattered, almost bashful, grin, looking genuinely delighted to have received the compliment. Who wouldn't be? That wasn't one she heard all that often, and coming from a beloved fashion idol like Junko it was rather impactful. If Death had an ego it was probably swelling, though you wouldn't know it from the way she nudged Brad in the side with her elbow and gave him a pointed look. "Careful of this one, Brad. She's a bit of a sweetheart."

xSKnqK4.png

"..."

Great.

The goth handed the martial artist off to the fashionista without qualm, stepping back and tilting her head to the side so her smile was slightly lopsided, jet black hair falling to one shoulder. She nodded earnestly at Junko's proclamation regarding the party.

"Isn't it a riot? I haven't had this much fun on the job in years." It was true. She really hadn't. "Anyway, enough of my guff! I do believe I'm about to have an appointment to keep. I'll leave him in your capable hands, all right? You two enjoy yourselves!"

She gave a friendly wave and stepped back to pass into the crowd, coincidentally-- or maybe not so much-- ending up right next to the one person looking for her. Brad, in the meantime, tensed up when Junko took his arm, fighting his first instinct to pull away as he looked at her grimly following her question.

"... No."

In hindsight, it was possible Death may have failed Junko in neglecting to let her know just what an uphill battle she was in for.

@Atomyk
Jezebel would watch on as the goth girl chatted familiarly on with the human girl like they had known each other their entire lives. She was starting to form theories on what she was now...other than an overly cheery British girl.
"Oh right a drink, Deedee was it? Would you mind coming with me for some refreshments?"

85NWNSP.png

"Let's."
It was then that Jade stepped into the ballroom and asked for everyone's attention. "The table's have been set and it's time to begin our feast... If you would all join me back in the banquet hall?"

EhT6pfQ.png

"Whoops! Let's not. Let's do that instead."

The girl remarked wryly, following suit as the rest of the crowd began shuffling back to the feast hall. She helped herself to a seat about midway down the length of the table, casting a curious glance up the row at the other feastgoers as they all settled in themselves. She opted for a vegan option as far as courses went, patiently waiting for the prinnies to arrive with the food as she sat properly in her chair and looked back over at Jezebel.

"Ooh, never tried those. Do they taste different from normal-sized hot dogs?"

She knew full well that Jezebel wasn't here to talk about drinks or frankfurters, of course, but she had no trouble engaging in smalltalk..

@Jeremi
"Don't mind me, this will be over momentarily. Not like that dreadful song that was just performed, not to worry." He picked up the mic, dusting it off.

04a4854182c4ecc8949dfc94842ffa86.gif

"Attention all you lovely party guests! If you're hearing me, understanding me, I just want as many people as possible to take their hands and begin applauding, for this is the best song any of you have ever heard in your entire lives."
Neither Jezebel nor Morrigan seemed to comply with his wishes. "That wasn't particularly good?" Jezebel asked as she looked around confused.

sJOqIBj.png

"He tried to roast me by saying I'm worse than brussel sprouts earlier. I feel a bit bad for him."

Death remarked brightly, similarly unaffected by Kilgrave's influence but giving him a small pity clap nevertheless.

"You tried, Kevin!"

His attempt did hit the mark with some people, of course, but she was willing to bet a man like him wouldn't be satisfied until he controlled everything. Even a tiny modicum of resistance would be enough to drive an ego like his up the wall, and this was more like 50/50 immunity. If not worse.

@Jeremi @C.T.
kv5l6AG.png

"Presumed dead. Routine Operation, he led a group of soldiers into an abandoned vault to gather research, and uh, they were attacked. He remained the only member unaccounted for." Sarah twirled his holotags around her fingers. "They found these, but the data was too corrupted. They couldn't get a read off of it. One thing irks me, he's too damn good. He shouldn't have been caught in that situation. I'm sure he's not dead." Sarah said reassuringly. "If I know him, he's not dead."

Sarah's head began to hurt. "Now, if you excuse me, I haven't sang in like, 200 years, so I need a drink. I will tell you more about this later, as it needs more explaining. Right now, I need to take some medicine, contact the Brotherhood, and hand in the needle to Kieran."

PeaGCOB.png

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!!! CLAP!!!!! CLAAAAAAAAAAAP!

Brad, however, was among those who actually did clap. Very, very vigorously. Almost violently, even.

"I have a favorite song now... This one."

He told Junko while clapping, his intense voice barely even audible over the smatterings of applause still going on around the room. He had no idea why he considered what Kilgrave just said a song, and didn't really think to question it-- such was the nature of his control. The mental compulsion didn't render him blind or deaf to what was going on around him, though. He had followed Junko around like a lost puppy even after she let go, having nothing better to do, and that was enough to overhear the exchange she had with Sarah, if cursorily. The older woman used a lot of terms that flew over his head, but that didn't stop him from getting the gist of it. Someone important to her was missing. That was something he could relate to, though he was unsure how to approach her about it. What could he say? What could he do?

what, are you fucking serious? you're pathetic.

Something deep in his subconscious suddenly cut across the surface of his mind like a submarine surfacing, overwhelming all other thoughts in his mind as his vision started to blur. The surroundings, from his perspective, started to flicker a startling red, the background noise of the party morphing into that same hideous blare of TV static and laugh tracks looping again and again...

you raised a girl for fifteen goddamn years. if you can't think of anything to say now, you're an even bigger fuck-up than i thought you were.

He hated the voice with every fiber of his being, but was it wrong?

"..."

xSKnqK4.png

Brad stopped clapping.

"Uh... Miss."

He spoke up again, voice more quiet and soft-spoken than it had been under Kilgrave's influence. He still, however, looked like a mess, his pupils dilated and forehead broken out in a cold sweat.

"My... daughter. She's missing, too. She's 14."

Even he recognized that probably wasn't the most efficient way of making Junko feel better, but he pressed on unabashed. At the very least, trying would help ease his conscience.

"If she dies, I'm worthless. I'll have no reason to live anymore. But... Part of me knows she won't. It believes I can find her. That I can protect her. That everything can go back to the way it was." He fell silent for a moment, balling one hand into a fist. "... It's a small part. But it's all I have. If there's any part of you like that... Any part of you left hoping, then... Focusing on that. Making it seem bigger than everything else. It helps."

Objectively, what he said probably wasn't all that helpful. And he knew it. He never knew how to do this sort of thing, even with Buddy. But... His heart was in the right place.

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @C.T.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
Death remarked brightly, similarly unaffected by Kilgrave's influence but giving him a small pity clap nevertheless.

"You tried, Kevin!"

His attempt did hit the mark with some people, of course, but she was willing to bet a man like him wouldn't be satisfied until he controlled everything. Even a tiny modicum of resistance would be enough to drive an ego like his up the wall, and this was more like 50/50 immunity. If not worse.​
As rewarding as it was that several of the people around proved to be susceptible to his commands...it was with even greater vexation that he viewed the ongoing scene. Death's thoughts were accurate. He did not like this much at all. 50%. Or even less than that. In basic, schoolboy terms, that is a failing grade. His power is failing. Kilgrave bit his lip in quiet frustration, slinking off the stage and back into his seat, held so comfortably by his assistant. One of the few firmly in his grasp...with little else to work with. Kilgrave slowly exhaled, turning to his companion.

"Anya. Look around, I want you to count heads. For every person that did not clap..." Kilgrave gestured his head over to her cutlery. "Take your knife and slit your wrist. For each and every one. Slowly. Don't want you to bleed out, after all. You're highly valued. When supplies are low, each available one skyrockets in worth." He swished his drink before downing the whole glass. "Well, go on."

NO DON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! STOP! PLEASE! USTED DIABLO! MALDITO! MALDITO!

Unfortunately, no matter how much she yelled in her own head, how much she mentally thrashed back and forth, what language she used, her body didn't heed it. Her lips parted to deliver an acknowledgement, hand reaching for the knife.

Lo siento, padre.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
As rewarding as it was that several of the people around proved to be susceptible to his commands...it was with even greater vexation that he viewed the ongoing scene. Death's thoughts were accurate. He did not like this much at all. 50%. Or even less than that. In basic, schoolboy terms, that is a failing grade. His power is failing. Kilgrave bit his lip in quiet frustration, slinking off the stage and back into his seat, held so comfortably by his assistant. One of the few firmly in his grasp...with little else to work with. Kilgrave slowly exhaled, turning to his companion.

"Anya. Look around, I want you to count heads. For every person that did not clap..." Kilgrave gestured his head over to her cutlery. "Take your knife and slit your wrist. For each and every one. Slowly. Don't want you to bleed out, after all. You're highly valued. When supplies are low, each available one skyrockets in worth." He swished his drink before downing the whole glass. "Well, go on."

NO DON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! STOP! PLEASE! USTED DIABLO! MALDITO! MALDITO!

Unfortunately, no matter how much she yelled in her own head, how much she mentally thrashed back and forth, what language she used, her body didn't heed it. Her lips parted to deliver an acknowledgement, hand reaching for the knife.

Lo siento, padre.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Osgood took her inhaler again and quite frankly shook. The Spider-Girl was reaching for a knife! Now admittedly, it could just be to cut a cake or something, but wherever this 'Purple Man' was concerned, things were far from the ordinary. She had seen him arguing with Gilgamesh and someone else she didn't know. Wherever he went, there was always something...off. About the room. Something almost...magnetic.
When he was on the microphone, she erupted into rapturous applause at the end of his performance. But Lockhart hardly seemed to notice. Probably too self-absorbed.
The only person who Gilderoy Lockhart showed any interest in was himself, after all.
'Lockhart.' She whispered through her teeth.
'Yes, my dear.'
'That purple man-'
'Well, he tried, hardly a patch on my own musical talent though. Though some of us seemed quite enthralled. Probably some rudimentary enchantment, nothing I couldn't-'
Osgood was practically shaking as she pointed at Anya and the knife. 'What is she doing? Do something Lockhart!"

Lockhart clasped his hands together awkwardly. 'Ah, um, yes, now-'
This Purple Man really was quite scary. And potentially quite a powerful Wizard too. But Lockhart could hardly let his charade fall to a nosy scientist now, could he?'

Lockhart jogged up to Killgrave, clapping slowly. 'Ha ha, quite good, for a Muggle that is.' Osgood facepalmed as Lockhart offered out his hand to Killgrave. 'Quite fabulous, really. Not a patch on myself, mind. But nearly there. Still, quite the performance.'
tumblr_na27fgzVss1qigim2o2_250.gif

'The name's Gilderoy Lockhart. What's yours?'
@C.T.

Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Idoun froze mid-pour. Her tea began to overflow over the sides of her cup. "The DARK DRAGON IDOUN is as CHILL as a WINTER'S HAUNTING BREEZE on your PALE GRUNGY NECK." To Mickey, she muttered, "I'm sure HUMANS really are FEARFUL of a BEING WHO DOES NOT STOP TALKING." She set the teapot down and a Prinny hurriedly ran to the table in order to refill it. While the Prinny was in the middle of grabbing at the teapot, Idoun sprang from her seat. "I am the DARK DRAGON IDOUN, destined to RULE OVER MANKIND and ENSLAVE HUMANITY. Your TRICKS will not FOOL ONE SUCH AS I."

Striking the pot out of the Prinny's grasp, it fell back to the table and caused both tea and alcohol to fly. "PITIFUL MORTALS who would DO MY FATHER'S BIDDING, why do you TEMPT ME WITH THE BEST COLOR COMBINATION? What is your TRUE GOAL?"

---

Kieran sighed, lowering his head toward the table. "That's not helpful... my head hurts at all this! I'm made for fighting, not investigating." Making a disgusted noise, Kieran lifted his head back up. "Maybe if Makoto was here... Well, whatever, what you'll have to do is figure out where Rita's key is. Maybe ask Jade which color she had?"

---

When the urge to applaud finally left her, Junko heard a small voice next to her. She turned and found herself staring at Brad, tilting her head to the side as if she was seeing him in a whole new light. Really, she was surprised that this gruff man was capable of being so soft spoken. Gently placing a hand on the man's shoulder, she attempted to move him a bit away from the karaoke. "Your daughter? I'm... really sorry to hear that."

ctbboOA.png

She waited and listened while the man spoke, his words bringing out her full attention. They had a certain weight to them that drew Junko in. She was being pulled in by Brad's personal gravity, enraptured by a man who carried so much obvious pain. A man who somehow seemed so large and yet so small at the same time. Junko had never really known her father and hadn't really known anyone who had been a father, but she did recall the time Riley had spoken about his dad. Was Brad as honorable as Riley said father's were?

You know, Junko had always liked the name Brad. It was so American.

kaAV0Cr.png

"... I do have hope. Hope is the opposite of despair, you know! I mean, I'm no Ultimate Hope, but I'm sure I have a lot to spare! She did say she had hope as well, so..." Junko had brightened somewhat, smiling now at Brad. "... I'm glad you have hope too, But, you're not worthless, okay?" Brad hadn't resisted her last time, so Junko went ahead and took hold of the man's arm a second time. They were strong arms. Brad was a stout and sturdy man-- the kind of man that made Junko feel safe.

"You're not worthless because you're here and you made me feel better, all right? Yeah! I bet you'll find her... I'll bet you're even the Ultimate Father!"

@OrlandoBloomers

---

Melodia 'tsked' at her hand going right through, but she managed to keep her composure. She took a curious glance at Papyrus once the other skeleton spoke up. "Is that a friend of yours? I don't mind gossip, you know..."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.