Status
Not open for further replies.
Idoun froze mid-pour. Her tea began to overflow over the sides of her cup. "The DARK DRAGON IDOUN is as CHILL as a WINTER'S HAUNTING BREEZE on your PALE GRUNGY NECK." To Mickey, she muttered, "I'm sure HUMANS really are FEARFUL of a BEING WHO DOES NOT STOP TALKING." She set the teapot down and a Prinny hurriedly ran to the table in order to refill it. While the Prinny was in the middle of grabbing at the teapot, Idoun sprang from her seat. "I am the DARK DRAGON IDOUN, destined to RULE OVER MANKIND and ENSLAVE HUMANITY. Your TRICKS will not FOOL ONE SUCH AS I."

Striking the pot out of the Prinny's grasp, it fell back to the table and caused both tea and alcohol to fly. "PITIFUL MORTALS who would DO MY FATHER'S BIDDING, why do you TEMPT ME WITH THE BEST COLOR COMBINATION? What is your TRUE GOAL?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @Alyto
qduz74T.jpg

"Hey! I don't talk that much! ..Do I Chrome?" One couldn't tell due to his mask but it seemed Idoun's comment had genuinely hurt Mickey's feelings. He just wanted to be the best serial killer he could be and to be brushed off as just someone who talks a lot was a bit of a eye-opener.

YOU DO TALK TOO MUCH. BUT IT'S NOT JUST A PROBLEM WITH YOU. SERIAL KILLERS ALL AROUND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THEY FEEL THEY'RE IN CONTROL AND DON'T THINK SOMEONE'S GOING TO TELL THEM THEY'RE TAKING TOO LONG IN TORTURING THEIR VICTIM INSTEAD OF KILLING THEM. THINK OF IT AS 'TALKING THEIR VICTIM TO DEATH.'

"..How come it doesn't happen to you then?"

I DON'T TALK, IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE. I GET MY SHIT DONE AND THAT'S THE END OF THAT. NO WASTING TIME TYPING ON MY PHONE TO MONOLOGUE AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO ESCAPE.

Before Ghostface could comment further, Idoun had risen from her seat and was going on some kind of tirade. Leaning in to Chrome, Ghostface began to whisper.

HXa9WJC.jpg

"Chrome, this isn't serial killer crazy. This is you need to be put in a straitjacket immediately crazy. She's completely fucked in the head! Why are we sitting here again?!"

AS I RECALL IT WENT 'I'LL SIT WITH YOU UNTIL MY NAME'S CALLED TO DO KARAOKE. I DIDN'T INVITE YOU TO SIT WITH ME, MICKEY. AS FOR WHY I'M SITTING HERE? BELIEVE ME. I WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WOMAN A WHILE BACK. BUT I RESTRAINED MYSELF ON YOUR ADVICE. I JUST CAME OVER HERE TO TALK TO THE WITCH ABOUT THE FAVOR I OWE HER. TAKING PART IN THIS TEA PARTY AND DEALING WITH IDOUN WASN'T PART OF THE ORIGINAL PLAN.

"Yeah, about that, what favor do you owe her-HEY!"

That was perfectly good alcohol that Ghostface could have chugged down! Now, it was all over the floor and part of Ghostface's robe. All because this woman couldn't help herself from her demented ravings about eye color or some such nonsense! Well, completely going against the erstwhile advice he had given Chrome just a few moments before, Ghostface drew his knife and plunged it into the center of the table as he rose up from his seat to stare Idoun down.

as-19-mascaras-mais-aterrorizantes-da-h_2014-03-27_156831.jpg

"I don't know anything about the perfect eye colors or your daddy issues, but that was perfectly fine alcohol you just knocked aside! Why don't you take a goddamn seat and enjoy your tea?! Like an actual tea party!"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @Atomyk @Hazel-rah @Alyto @Hana

Idoun stared at Jeen's 'spoils' as if it was offending her. Her eyes narrowed and her gaze traveled up to Jeen's eyes. She shivered at the purple and green that stared back at her. Whether she was fearful of or awed by her favorite colors being all around her was not entirely clear. "Did my FATHER send you?" she asked of everyone present, moving to pour herself some tea. "Has he finally SEEN fit to rid HUMANITY of MY FEAR-INDUCING SELF?"

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @Alyto

---

Kieran smiled at that. "Oh, hey, now that's something I can help with. I used to work here! So..."

7DfrAFy.png

"Every employee gets a special master key that does two things. First, it can unlock any door in the hotel. Second, it can lock anyone inside or outside a room: each door has a second lock that can only be set by the master key. There's a limited number of them and each are a certain color so the employee knows which is theirs. Did Rita say what color her key was?"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi

---

"A lab... You must be a scientist then? You must be very smart-- especially if you've been across time and space." Leaving her food untouched for now, Melodia turned in her seat to better look at Gaster. "You must have been to so many exotic places," she said, moving to place a hand upon his arm. "You sound... exotic."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Morrigan had only half listened to the two conversing, though she seemed to have moved closer and closer to where she was practically sitting in Saitama's lap. "She didn't specify the color no. Perhaps that will be our ticket to find the culprit? I can volunteer to start asking around with the staff." A smile. "I can be quite persuasive."

@Verite @Atomyk

FXiz1GS.jpg

"Do I really? Oh, thank you! That's such a lovely thing to say!" She replied with a flattered, almost bashful, grin, looking genuinely delighted to have received the compliment. Who wouldn't be? That wasn't one she heard all that often, and coming from a beloved fashion idol like Junko it was rather impactful. If Death had an ego it was probably swelling, though you wouldn't know it from the way she nudged Brad in the side with her elbow and gave him a pointed look. "Careful of this one, Brad. She's a bit of a sweetheart."

xSKnqK4.png

"..."

Great.

The goth handed the martial artist off to the fashionista without qualm, stepping back and tilting her head to the side so her smile was slightly lopsided, jet black hair falling to one shoulder. She nodded earnestly at Junko's proclamation regarding the party.

"Isn't it a riot? I haven't had this much fun on the job in years." It was true. She really hadn't. "Anyway, enough of my guff! I do believe I'm about to have an appointment to keep. I'll leave him in your capable hands, all right? You two enjoy yourselves!"

She gave a friendly wave and stepped back to pass into the crowd, coincidentally-- or maybe not so much-- ending up right next to the one person looking for her. Brad, in the meantime, tensed up when Junko took his arm, fighting his first instinct to pull away as he looked at her grimly following her question.

"... No."

In hindsight, it was possible Death may have failed Junko in neglecting to let her know just what an uphill battle she was in for.

@Atomyk

85NWNSP.png

"Let's."

EhT6pfQ.png

"Whoops! Let's not. Let's do that instead."

The girl remarked wryly, following suit as the rest of the crowd began shuffling back to the feast hall. She helped herself to a seat about midway down the length of the table, casting a curious glance up the row at the other feastgoers as they all settled in themselves. She opted for a vegan option as far as courses went, patiently waiting for the prinnies to arrive with the food as she sat properly in her chair and looked back over at Jezebel.

"Ooh, never tried those. Do they taste different from normal-sized hot dogs?"

She knew full well that Jezebel wasn't here to talk about drinks or frankfurters, of course, but she had no trouble engaging in smalltalk..

@Jeremi

sJOqIBj.png

"He tried to roast me by saying I'm worse than brussel sprouts earlier. I feel a bit bad for him."

Death remarked brightly, similarly unaffected by Kilgrave's influence but giving him a small pity clap nevertheless.

"You tried, Kevin!"

His attempt did hit the mark with some people, of course, but she was willing to bet a man like him wouldn't be satisfied until he controlled everything. Even a tiny modicum of resistance would be enough to drive an ego like his up the wall, and this was more like 50/50 immunity. If not worse.

@Jeremi @C.T.

PeaGCOB.png

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!!! CLAP!!!!! CLAAAAAAAAAAAP!

Brad, however, was among those who actually did clap. Very, very vigorously. Almost violently, even.

"I have a favorite song now... This one."

He told Junko while clapping, his intense voice barely even audible over the smatterings of applause still going on around the room. He had no idea why he considered what Kilgrave just said a song, and didn't really think to question it-- such was the nature of his control. The mental compulsion didn't render him blind or deaf to what was going on around him, though. He had followed Junko around like a lost puppy even after she let go, having nothing better to do, and that was enough to overhear the exchange she had with Sarah, if cursorily. The older woman used a lot of terms that flew over his head, but that didn't stop him from getting the gist of it. Someone important to her was missing. That was something he could relate to, though he was unsure how to approach her about it. What could he say? What could he do?

what, are you fucking serious? you're pathetic.

Something deep in his subconscious suddenly cut across the surface of his mind like a submarine surfacing, overwhelming all other thoughts in his mind as his vision started to blur. The surroundings, from his perspective, started to flicker a startling red, the background noise of the party morphing into that same hideous blare of TV static and laugh tracks looping again and again...

you raised a girl for fifteen goddamn years. if you can't think of anything to say now, you're an even bigger fuck-up than i thought you were.

He hated the voice with every fiber of his being, but was it wrong?

"..."

xSKnqK4.png

Brad stopped clapping.

"Uh... Miss."

He spoke up again, voice more quiet and soft-spoken than it had been under Kilgrave's influence. He still, however, looked like a mess, his pupils dilated and forehead broken out in a cold sweat.

"My... daughter. She's missing, too. She's 14."

Even he recognized that probably wasn't the most efficient way of making Junko feel better, but he pressed on unabashed. At the very least, trying would help ease his conscience.

"If she dies, I'm worthless. I'll have no reason to live anymore. But... Part of me knows she won't. It believes I can find her. That I can protect her. That everything can go back to the way it was." He fell silent for a moment, balling one hand into a fist. "... It's a small part. But it's all I have. If there's any part of you like that... Any part of you left hoping, then... Focusing on that. Making it seem bigger than everything else. It helps."

Objectively, what he said probably wasn't all that helpful. And he knew it. He never knew how to do this sort of thing, even with Buddy. But... His heart was in the right place.

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @C.T.

"Done right they're small bits of processed meat heaven." She remarked small talk done with, but then the Deedee brought up that guy in a purple suit. "He looks and smells like the sleaziest strip club owner I've ever met." Okay another small talk distraction out of the way.

"This was obviously not why I tried to get close to you, so I'll cut right to the chase." Jezebel wasn't one to beat around the bush and this instance was no exception. "You're something more than even me or Morrigan. No demon...but a primordial force, my only question is why do you bother with things like this? Is there something I'm missing?"

@OrlandoBloomers

As rewarding as it was that several of the people around proved to be susceptible to his commands...it was with even greater vexation that he viewed the ongoing scene. Death's thoughts were accurate. He did not like this much at all. 50%. Or even less than that. In basic, schoolboy terms, that is a failing grade. His power is failing. Kilgrave bit his lip in quiet frustration, slinking off the stage and back into his seat, held so comfortably by his assistant. One of the few firmly in his grasp...with little else to work with. Kilgrave slowly exhaled, turning to his companion.

"Anya. Look around, I want you to count heads. For every person that did not clap..." Kilgrave gestured his head over to her cutlery. "Take your knife and slit your wrist. For each and every one. Slowly. Don't want you to bleed out, after all. You're highly valued. When supplies are low, each available one skyrockets in worth." He swished his drink before downing the whole glass. "Well, go on."

NO DON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! STOP! PLEASE! USTED DIABLO! MALDITO! MALDITO!

Unfortunately, no matter how much she yelled in her own head, how much she mentally thrashed back and forth, what language she used, her body didn't heed it. Her lips parted to deliver an acknowledgement, hand reaching for the knife.

Lo siento, padre.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Excuse me for a moment Deedee."

Me3_zps2x0vmbbk.png

Suddenly Kilgrave's shirt sleeve would burst into flame due to some unknown circumstance.​

"Oh my you shouldn't have your sleeves so close to the candles. Would someone please help that poor man?" She replied as dryly as she possibly could.

@C.T. @Mighty Roman

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
Morrigan had only half listened to the two conversing, though she seemed to have moved closer and closer to where she was practically sitting in Saitama's lap. "She didn't specify the color no. Perhaps that will be our ticket to find the culprit? I can volunteer to start asking around with the staff." A smile. "I can be quite persuasive."

@Verite @Atomyk

"Done right they're small bits of processed meat heaven." She remarked small talk done with, but then the Deedee brought up that guy in a purple suit. "He looks and smells like the sleaziest strip club owner I've ever met." Okay another small talk distraction out of the way.

"This was obviously not why I tried to get close to you, so I'll cut right to the chase." Jezebel wasn't one to beat around the bush and this instance was no exception. "You're something more than even me or Morrigan. No demon...but a primordial force, my only question is why do you bother with things like this? Is there something I'm missing?"

@OrlandoBloomers

Me3_zps2x0vmbbk.png

Suddenly Kilgrave's shirt sleeve would burst into flame due to some unknown circumstance.​

"Oh my you shouldn't have your sleeves so close to the candles. Would someone please help that poor man?" She replied as dryly as she possibly could.

@C.T. @Mighty Roman
Lockhart leapt back at the sight of the flames and whipped out his wand. Osgood, meanwhile, took her inhaler again, nervously.
'C'mon, isn't there a spell for this or something?'
'Actually, you'd be surprised-'
Contrary to his boasting, Gilderoy Lockhart was in no way, a skilled Wizard. He was pretty awful at remembering spells which weren't memory charms.
'Ah, um....'
C'mon, he knew this one! A man's life was at risk. Seconds ticked by....ah, he had it!
'Never fear, sir! Aguamenti!'
gilderoylockhart2.gif

As he shouted the magic word, and waved his wand flamboyantly, water shot from his wand, pouring towards Killgrave in a steady stream, putting out the flames. But it was more 'watering can' than 'tidal wave'.
'Now, I imagine that you'll remember this day as the day that your life was saved by Gilderoy Lockhart, Winner of Witch Weekly's most Charming Smile Award.' He winked to his audience, clearly putting on a show.
Now, any Wizard in the audience would know that Lockhart's spell was really unimpressive and was standard practice for most Wizards by age 14, but of course, none of these Muggles knew that. As far as they were concerned, he'd just performed a miracle.

Ah well, he thought. One memory charm later and they wouldn't go blabbing to the press. In fact, the Muggle Press was the only kind of attention that he didn't desire.

Osgood then got up from her seat, and dragged Lockhart back by his cape.
'You shouldn't of done that.'
'Why ever not? There's nothing to fear. I laugh in the face of danger!'
'There's something wrong about him. Something...possibly alien.'
'Well that's no excuse to let a man burn.'
'I never said it was-'
'I'm sure that the fear just addled your mind, dear girl. But you're safe now thanks to me.'
Now! he announced to his audience.

'Who'd like a signed copy of my new book?'

@C.T. @Jeremi @EveryoneElseInThatGroup

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
At Sal's reply, the witch arched an eyebrow and followed him to the tea party table. Wadanohara had noticed his less than enthusiastic reaction to the idea of her cooking, making her huff. It was a rather generous offer, coming from someone who used the shark often as a test subject for her potions and her spells and had no qualms about slapping and shoving him around back in the Red Sea. Considering how often they talked back and forth to each other, it was easy to notice when Sal wasn't really eager to do anything. Oh, well. They were in another world right now, and he was working. As much as she would have liked to needle and poke her old friend - and perhaps more - over and over, he was working hard. She shrugged, tapping her fingers on his side again. "I'll be going over to Chromeskull, okay?" Without much thought as for what drink to get, the witch merely accepted the closest thing to get.

Wandering over to where Chromeskull was, the witch took a seat near him. She looked over him with amused red eyes, realizing how close he was to snapping at Ghostface and Idoun. "You don't seem to like Ghostface very much right now." Wadanohara watched as Ghostface started staring Idoun down, offended anger practically radiating from him. "He isn't following his own advice very well, is he?" The witch giggled slightly. She had caught Ghostface chiding Chromeskull earlier not to lash out at anyone in the tea party, but with how much Idoun was annoying the other guests, it wasn't really surprising.

Raising her cup to her lips, she caught a whiff of the drink and paused. "This isn't tea." A strong scent of something alcoholic flooded her nose when she had breathed in, and Wadanohara narrowed her eyes down at the liquid sloshing about in her cup. A moment later, she tipped her head back and took a long drought, letting out a sigh afterwards. "Are you going to stop him?" She spoke to Chromeskull, idly nodding towards the other angry masked killer.

Another commotion caught her eye, a flash of bright flames coming over from one area of the 'tea party'. Having caught magic at its workings, Wadanohara lifted her eyes to stare at Jezebel. She followed the sight of the flames to some man whose shirt had caught on fire. Quickly, a man who the witch had met just earlier, one Gilderoy Lockhart, cast some kind of water spell to douse the flames. Standing up, the witch meandered over to where Ghostface was glaring at Idoun, and promptly set her unfinished drink on the table. "Ghostface, was it? You can have mine if you want~" With another flick of her wrist something much larger followed behind Lockhart's water spell, a large wave of water rising out of nothing and approaching Kilgrave. The witch hummed innocently, walking back to sit by Chromeskull.

@Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Mighty Roman @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @Hazel-rah @Kakykay @Mari @Raven @Alyto @everyone here????

Raven had happen to over hear the girl mention a bar and sighed knowing Rose probable paid more attention till then which Raven too must had drifted a bit but she did pay attention a little. But she did pay enough attention to grab Rose by the arm and lead her to the banquet hall . Once their and listing to the rest she finally sighed and looked to Rose. "Well I can say this is a bit better than what the team throws together but... Never mind...."

Rose had suddenly wished to get a drink and was ready to find the bar but then felt a hand and was being led somewhere else. She then looked to Raven and back at the others they were now with and sighed. Rose waited till Raven finished and gave a nod before pulling out first her lighter and then her cigarette pack. "Rae I'll be right back." She commented and went to find a Raven free area for a bit to take a smoke she didn't care really about anyone else to be around she just didn't want to get another lecture from Raven on the whole smoking will kill you, and you'll get lung cancer. Rose after finding a conformable wall pulled out cigarette form the pack and lit it then began to take a drag.

@Atomyk @Librarian Cat

"My FABLED DRAGONSTONE lies in wait for the OPPORTUNITY I'LL NEED IT," was all she said to Yulia. It's not clear if the stone ever existed in the first place. "TEA... with... ALL OF YOU... Well, I suppose I could DEBASE MYSELF by dining with PRIMITIVE BEINGS. THE OVERLORD OF THE HOTEL, Jade, does not like it when I, the DARK DRAGON IDOUN, sit with MERE MORTALS, so I have my VERY OWN SECTION during the feast that you MAY ALL JOIN required that you BOW TO ME before we eat."

She stepped back into her corner. "But the FEAST has yet to START."

@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher

---

kv5l6AG.png

"Well, I guess that sounds sort of interesting... as long as it's a pretend murder mystery... Real tired of real murder mysteries." Shaking her head, the girl held up a hand to the offered mic. "No, it's fine! You can start right now if you want! You could even make it a duet!"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @C.T.
91pyBgI.png

Junko's face lit up at the mention of Riley. "Oh? You mean my biggest fan ever! I guess I should have known you'd know him! Though, I think I've been in a few more of these messes than he has now." Spinning on her heel, Junko turned on Death. She took the woman's familiarity in stride, going with the flow as she did best. "That's Ultimate Fashionista, just so you know! If singing and dancing doesn't brighten him up, my sunny disposition will! And if all else fails, he can just take a trip to the bar!"

Crossing her arms, nodded. "You look hot, by the way. I'm loving this party!" She winked at Deah before moving to take Brad by the arm. "So, Brad, do you have a favorite song?"

Meanhile, Idoun looked less than intimidated ChromeSkull's threats. "If you do not BOW, then PATHETIC MORTALS do not get the DARK DRAGON IDOUN'S TEA." She really loved her bows. Of course, once the changing eye colors became noticeable to her, the woman found herself looking around the room nervously. So much purple and green was a little overstimulating for her. "HOPEFULLY my FATHER is not to blame..."

It was then that Jade stepped into the ballroom and asked for everyone's attention. "The table's have been set and it's time to begin our feast... If you would all join me back in the banquet hall?"

Rowen cleared his throat, giving both Yvaine and Gaster a small bow. "If you'll excuse me, I have to help serve. Wave me down during the feast if you wish to speak more."

The crowd moved to follow, finding the tables of the banquet hall had been replaced by one very long rectangular table. "It's so elegant," Melodia said, moving down the table. "Dining at a table like this is shows a refined taste." She smiled at the setup, her pale hand running across the back of the seats as she moved. A line of Prinnies followed behind her, carrying plates full of extravagant meals. They were placed neatly in front of each chair, cutlery arranged next to the plates with perfect precision. As Jade explained that any seat could be taken, Melodia moved to the head of the table where two chairs sat. "This seat's for you, Gaster," said the woman, placing a hand on the chair next to her.

"If a dish is not to your liking, please grab the attention of any of our staff and we will get you a more appropriate meal." As Jade proceeded to explain they had options for vegetarians and vegans, Idoun slipped away to her corner of the banquet hall. There sat a small round table with a teapot situated in the center. None of the Prinnies were coming by here with plates, so it seemed Idoun had no requested any food. The clown-faced woman sat patiently at the table and pulled one of the teacups closer to her. She waited for the others to follow, probably hoping they'd BOW IN DEFERENCE to her once they arrived.

Coming into the hall at that time was Kieran, who looked over the crowd of guests with curiosity. He wanted to speak wit a few of you, but wasn't sure where to begin.

Junko and her Prinny assistant moved the karaoke machine on to the stage of the banquet hall. She called for the others who had been interested to join her, setting Sarah up once again with the mic.

"Let's get ready to ROCK AND ROLLLLLL!"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @C.T. @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Everyone
Idoun clapped away, her blank expression never changing. "By bowing, YOU HAVE BEEN SPARED MY WRATH. So yes, have some tea."

---

kv5l6AG.png

Junko's mood dropped once Sarah told her the news about Riley. As Sarah went into her song, Junko let go of Brad's arm and stared dejectedly at the ground. Once the girl was finished, Junko pulled her aside. "... Presumed dead? You have to joking! When did this happen? I mean, really, when, because I haven't been able to keep track of time these days." Letting out an exasperated sigh, Junko turned away. "This is all my fault. Just... whatever. Forget it. Nothing good happens when I'm around, huh?"

Letting Sarah move over to the table to speak to Kieran, Junko headed back on stage. She was angry now, but still clapped along with the others. "I guess it was okay..."

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @C.T. @Kaykay

---

xCbaG8m.png

"Why, you're right, Gaster, he does sound demanding. Very uncouth." Melodia covered her ears as instructed. "Can you sing? Your voice has a certain... melody to it that I enjoy. Perhaps I could hear that some day? I must admit, most who sing are rather full of themselves. Always demanding attention... it's too much." A playful smile touched the woman's lips. Gaster had managed to earn her full attention for the evening.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Idoun froze mid-pour. Her tea began to overflow over the sides of her cup. "The DARK DRAGON IDOUN is as CHILL as a WINTER'S HAUNTING BREEZE on your PALE GRUNGY NECK." To Mickey, she muttered, "I'm sure HUMANS really are FEARFUL of a BEING WHO DOES NOT STOP TALKING." She set the teapot down and a Prinny hurriedly ran to the table in order to refill it. While the Prinny was in the middle of grabbing at the teapot, Idoun sprang from her seat. "I am the DARK DRAGON IDOUN, destined to RULE OVER MANKIND and ENSLAVE HUMANITY. Your TRICKS will not FOOL ONE SUCH AS I."

Striking the pot out of the Prinny's grasp, it fell back to the table and caused both tea and alcohol to fly. "PITIFUL MORTALS who would DO MY FATHER'S BIDDING, why do you TEMPT ME WITH THE BEST COLOR COMBINATION? What is your TRUE GOAL?"

---

Kieran sighed, lowering his head toward the table. "That's not helpful... my head hurts at all this! I'm made for fighting, not investigating." Making a disgusted noise, Kieran lifted his head back up. "Maybe if Makoto was here... Well, whatever, what you'll have to do is figure out where Rita's key is. Maybe ask Jade which color she had?"

---

When the urge to applaud finally left her, Junko heard a small voice next to her. She turned and found herself staring at Brad, tilting her head to the side as if she was seeing him in a whole new light. Really, she was surprised that this gruff man was capable of being so soft spoken. Gently placing a hand on the man's shoulder, she attempted to move him a bit away from the karaoke. "Your daughter? I'm... really sorry to hear that."

ctbboOA.png

She waited and listened while the man spoke, his words bringing out her full attention. They had a certain weight to them that drew Junko in. She was being pulled in by Brad's personal gravity, enraptured by a man who carried so much obvious pain. A man who somehow seemed so large and yet so small at the same time. Junko had never really known her father and hadn't really known anyone who had been a father, but she did recall the time Riley had spoken about his dad. Was Brad as honorable as Riley said father's were?

You know, Junko had always liked the name Brad. It was so American.

kaAV0Cr.png

"... I do have hope. Hope is the opposite of despair, you know! I mean, I'm no Ultimate Hope, but I'm sure I have a lot to spare! She did say she had hope as well, so..." Junko had brightened somewhat, smiling now at Brad. "... I'm glad you have hope to, But, you're not worthless, okay?" Brad hadn't resisted her last time, so Junko went ahead and took hold of the man's arm a second time. They were strong arms. Brad was a stout and sturdy man-- the kind of man that made Junko feel safe.

"You're not worthless because you're here and you made me feel better, all right? Yeah! I bet you'll find her... I'll bet you're even the Ultimate Father!"

@OrlandoBloomers

---

Melodia 'tsked' at her hand going right through, but she managed to keep her composure. She took a curious glance at Papyrus once the other skeleton spoke up. "Is that a friend of yours? I don't mind gossip, you know..."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman
Slavya & Yulia
@The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk

zHQsYPs.png
2UOmCXh.png

"Bow? Well... I guess it isn't out of the question, as party guests, we must be polite to each other." Slavya said, smiling a little, despite how silly the situation was, it seemed to put her a little at ease, so, with that, Slavya bowed before Idoun... Well, more like curtsied. Yulia in the meanwhile just smiled innocently "Hmm... I've never done this before buuut... I'll do it, just for you, Dark Dragon!" ... Was that sarcasm in her tone at the end of the sentence? Hard to tell, but, Yulia did sort of bow... Though, well, she looked a bit goofy while doing so since her whole head of hair sort of fell over during her over-exaggerated gesture before she straightened herself up; looks like Idoun would let them have their tea! Well, then again, the feast had just conveniently started as Idoun declared them "fit" to have tea with them, though, Slavya didn't seem to mind, quietly picking a spot next to Hajime as she began to pour them both a cup of tea, glancing towards Idoun's shennanigans; she had apepared to have suddenly knocked over both the tea kettle, and various alcoholic beverages during her strange monologue of sorts. Yulia on the other hand, sort of stared at her tea for a while... But, Idoun's ruckus made her look up.
oXSRrOA.png

"H-Hey! Shouldn't a good ruler have some manners? Or... Or class at least!" Yulia exclaimed, looking a little startled at this, it took her a moment, but, she finally sighed... Getting up as she headed over to attempt help the Prinny clean up the mess, grabbing a bunch of napkins from the table to help her do so.

Lockhart jogged up to Killgrave, clapping slowly. 'Ha ha, quite good, for a Muggle that is.' Osgood facepalmed as Lockhart offered out his hand to Killgrave. 'Quite fabulous, really. Not a patch on myself, mind. But nearly there. Still, quite the performance.'
tumblr_na27fgzVss1qigim2o2_250.gif

'The name's Gilderoy Lockhart. What's yours?'
@C.T.
tH41WQT.jpg

"While I do appreciate a fan of my work, I do not wish to be disturbed. Especially not by pompous fatheads. So, Gilderoy Lockhart, I'm afraid I must ask you to--"

Me3_zps2x0vmbbk.png

Kilgrave recoiled midsentence, the sudden spark of heat causing him to jump out of his chair and knocking it over as he furiously tried to pat out the flame. "Son of a--"

Lockhart leapt back at the sight of the flames and whipped out his wand. Osgood, meanwhile, took her inhaler again, nervously.
'C'mon, isn't there a spell for this or something?'
'Actually, you'd be surprised-'
Contrary to his boasting, Gilderoy Lockhart was in no way, a skilled Wizard. He was pretty awful at remembering spells which weren't memory charms.
'Ah, um....'
C'mon, he knew this one! A man's life was at risk. Seconds ticked by....ah, he had it!
'Never fear, sir! Aguamenti!'
gilderoylockhart2.gif

As he shouted the magic word, and waved his wand flamboyantly, water shot from his wand, pouring towards Killgrave in a steady stream, putting out the flames. But it was more 'watering can' than 'tidal wave'.
'Now, I imagine that you'll remember this day as the day that your life was saved by Gilderoy Lockhart, Winner of Witch Weekly's most Charming Smile Award.' He winked to his audience, clearly putting on a show.
Now, any Wizard in the audience would know that Lockhart's spell was really unimpressive and was standard practice for most Wizards by age 14, but of course, none of these Muggles knew that. As far as they were concerned, he'd just performed a miracle.

Ah well, he thought. One memory charm later and they wouldn't go blabbing to the press. In fact, the Muggle Press was the only kind of attention that he didn't desire.

Osgood then got up from her seat, and dragged Lockhart back by his cape.
'You shouldn't of done that.'
'Why ever not? There's nothing to fear. I laugh in the face of danger!'
'There's something wrong about him. Something...possibly alien.'
'Well that's no excuse to let a man burn.'
'I never said it was-'
'I'm sure that the fear just addled your mind, dear girl. But you're safe now thanks to me.'
Now! he announced to his audience.

'Who'd like a signed copy of my new book?'

@C.T. @Jeremi @EveryoneElseInThatGroup

With another flick of her wrist something much larger followed behind Lockhart's water spell, a large wave of water rising out of nothing and approaching Kilgrave. The witch hummed innocently, walking back to sit by Chromeskull.
Kilgrave was once more interrupted, though this time much more favorably. The two rounds of water completely doused the flame. Drenching his clothes, to be sure, but there was no getting around that. When it was all over, he smirked, striding right off after Lockhart and Osgood. "Perhaps I spoke too soon. I thank you, my man. That could have been far worse without your intervention. So for that, I'll be the first to sign this book of yours." He smirked. "And to top it all off..." He turned away for a moment.

"EVERYONE OF YOU WHO CLAPPED FOR ME? I have another request. Could you please come over here to sign this gentleman's book? You'll be delighted."

Kilgrave swiveled on his feet once more, this time looking at Osgood. "Except for you. I have need of you. You were one of two that vigorously clapped, I noticed. Like I was telling your honorable blonde companion, it's always nice to have fans." Kilgrave sighed. "I rather liked what I was wearing, but it is much too damp and cold now. However, I couldn't help but notice you dress pretty warmly. Not my taste but it'll do temporarily. Take off your clothes and give them to me. Now."

@Mighty Roman @Jeremi @Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
He was thankful for the help, but the Prinny deflated at the idea of having to clean up Idoun's mess.

qnGlryH.gif

"She's totally crazy, dood..."

Idoun stared down at the mess she made, her lips curling into a snarl. With the clown makeup on, it looked oddly sinister. It was the most expressive she'd been since the night started. "I, THE DARK DRAGON IDOUN, will not FALL FOR MY FATHER'S TRICKS. My DARK FIRE will CONSUME YOUR SOULS and reveal the TRUTH before my eyes." Idoun then made a strange noise that sounded a bit like "Blaaaargh!" as she turned around and kicked her chair over. "You will BLEED," she declared, flailing her arms into the air. Once again without her notice, the key in her possession fell to the ground.

"I will RETIRE and SAVE MY ENERGY for when my FATHER RETURNS FOR MY HEAD."

Idoun began to leave, but she stopped once she'd taken a few steps away. "Please enjoy your tea," she said in a low voice before attempting to depart. She was stopped when she took a sudden swerve toward the stage, feeling an urge to sign a book.

---

Kieran nodded, deciding to wave down a Prinny for a drink. "I'll need this," he muttered. "When the time comes, I'll help however I can. I'll arrest who we figure is the culprit, all right?" Taking the glass in hand, Kieran gestured to Jade. "So yeah, ask him, and hopefully we'll learn something."

Kieran then suddenly jumped from his feet, his eyes going wide in surprise. "I, uh... really have to go on stage for some reason. See you later."

---

FCzm9mL.jpg

Jade aimed a reproachful look Kilgrave's way. The feast was almost over, but someone was making a spectacle of it. Jade was at least thankful Melodia's attention was focused on one of the guests.

@C.T.

All things considered, Jeen was feeling pretty relaxed at this point. He finally hit that sweet spot where he was just drunk enough to act reasonably but could at least walk in a straight line. It probably wouldn't last for very long. Much as this self-styled dragon was bugging the hell out of him, he was feeling good enough that he didn't want to cause a scene. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mickey! Take it easy, bud!" While Ghostface never explicitly said Jeen could call him Mickey, he didn't really care. "No need to get feisty right now! It's open bar tonight." Jeen stood up and flashed the masked man a slightly dazed grin. "How'sabout we just relax and walk over and get somethin' else? The other vodka they have's piss, but I'll do a decent gin in a pinch." He put a friendly arm around Ghostface but recoiled in pain as soon as it touched his shoulder. He about fell over his chair but managed to keep his balance.

"Ow!! Jesus Christ, man! Not what I needed right now."

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Alyto

Wandering over to where Chromeskull was, the witch took a seat near him. She looked over him with amused red eyes, realizing how close he was to snapping at Ghostface and Idoun. "You don't seem to like Ghostface very much right now." Wadanohara watched as Ghostface started staring Idoun down, offended anger practically radiating from him. "He isn't following his own advice very well, is he?" The witch giggled slightly. She had caught Ghostface chiding Chromeskull earlier not to lash out at anyone in the tea party, but with how much Idoun was annoying the other guests, it wasn't really surprising.

Raising her cup to her lips, she caught a whiff of the drink and paused. "This isn't tea." A strong scent of something alcoholic flooded her nose when she had breathed in, and Wadanohara narrowed her eyes down at the liquid sloshing about in her cup. A moment later, she tipped her head back and took a long drought, letting out a sigh afterwards. "Are you going to stop him?" She spoke to Chromeskull, idly nodding towards the other angry masked killer.

Another commotion caught her eye, a flash of bright flames coming over from one area of the 'tea party'. Having caught magic at its workings, Wadanohara lifted her eyes to stare at Jezebel. She followed the sight of the flames to some man whose shirt had caught on fire. Quickly, a man who the witch had met just earlier, one Gilderoy Lockhart, cast some kind of water spell to douse the flames. Standing up, the witch meandered over to where Ghostface was glaring at Idoun, and promptly set her unfinished drink on the table. "Ghostface, was it? You can have mine if you want~" With another flick of her wrist something much larger followed behind Lockhart's water spell, a large wave of water rising out of nothing and approaching Kilgrave. The witch hummed innocently, walking back to sit by Chromeskull.

@Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Mighty Roman @Jeremi @OrlandoBloomers @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @Hazel-rah @Kakykay @Mari @Raven @Alyto @everyone here????
FnQuPCY.jpg

I JUST NEEDED TO SEE WHATEVER YOU MAY HAVE HAD IN MIND FOR ME TO DO ONCE THIS IS ALL OVER. MICKEY JUST CAN'T FOLLOW HIS OWN ADVICE. IT'S A BAD HABIT OF HIS.

Pushing himself up from his seat, he'd reach out and slipped his arm around Ghostface's throat as he pulled out his knife and swung it wildly in Idoun's direction.

"L-Let me go, Chrome! I'm not going to let her get away! She spilled some of that shit on my costume!"

IT AIN'T WORTH IT, MICKEY.

"Bullshit it ain't! We've put up with her crazy shenanigans for too long! I'm putting her out of our collective misery!" Ghostface exclaimed before he glanced over and noticed Wado offering him her drink. Well, he'd still have to clean his costume at some point but this was a nice enough gesture. "Okay, let go of me. I ain't gonna try to hurt the nutball." Chrome took a moment or two but he'd finally release his hold on Ghostface as the other killed slipped his knife back down the sleeve of his robe and grabbed Wado's drink.
He was thankful for the help, but the Prinny deflated at the idea of having to clean up Idoun's mess.

qnGlryH.gif

Idoun stared down at the mess she made, her lips curling into a snarl. With the clown makeup on, it looked oddly sinister. It was the most expressive she'd been since the night started. "I, THE DARK DRAGON IDOUN, will not FALL FOR MY FATHER'S TRICKS. My DARK FIRE will CONSUME YOUR SOULS and reveal the TRUTH before my eyes." Idoun then made a strange noise that sounded a bit like "Blaaaargh!" as she turned around and kicked her chair over. "You will BLEED," she declared, flailing her arms into the air. Once again without her notice, the key in her possession fell to the ground.

Idoun began to leave, but she stopped once she'd taken a few steps away. "Please enjoy your tea," she said in a low voice before attempting to depart. She was stopped when she took a sudden swerve toward the stage, feeling an urge to sign a book.
1BKVgiE.jpg

Gulping down all of Wado's drink, Ghostface waved Idoun off as she left.

"Good! Get out of here, you clown-faced crazy! Nobody wants to drink tea with you anyway! Certainly not the slasher you poured alcohol and tea all over! Ugh.."

He guessed he could just gut somebody back in Japan and snatch up their costume. But he doubted they'd have too many Ghostface costumes there. Slasher movies like the Friday the 13th series made headlines there but Japan had it's own bustling horror industry. He doubted there'd be room for stuff like the Stab series.

"Enjoy the tea she says, I'll enjoy something alright. When I've got my hunting knife out and I'm.."

MICKEY. THAT'S ENOUGH. SHE'S OUT OF OUR HAIR. NO NEED TO PRESS ON.

Reaching for his mask, ChromeSkull placed it back and glanced down at the witch.

mD4YKnw.jpg

DIDN'T MEAN FOR THIS TEA PARTY TO GET OUT OF HAND LIKE IT DID. BUT GOTTA ADMIT, I'M KIND OF GLAD. DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE LASTED ANOTHER SECOND SITTING AROUND LIKE SOME KIND OF PANSY. STILL WOULD LIKE A CHANCE TO TALK WITH YA FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH. DIDN'T GET TO DO MUCH OF THAT BEFORE THINGS WENT TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET OVER SOME SPILLED ALCOHOL.

All things considered, Jeen was feeling pretty relaxed at this point. He finally hit that sweet spot where he was just drunk enough to act reasonably but could at least walk in a straight line. It probably wouldn't last for very long. Much as this self-styled dragon was bugging the hell out of him, he was feeling good enough that he didn't want to cause a scene. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mickey! Take it easy, bud!" While Ghostface never explicitly said Jeen could call him Mickey, he didn't really care. "No need to get feisty right now! It's open bar tonight." Jeen stood up and flashed the masked man a slightly dazed grin. "How'sabout we just relax and walk over and get somethin' else? The other vodka they have's piss, but I'll do a decent gin in a pinch." He put a friendly arm around Ghostface but recoiled in pain as soon as it touched his shoulder. He about fell over his chair but managed to keep his balance.

"Ow!! Jesus Christ, man! Not what I needed right now."

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Alyto
lNklNBI.png

"Eh? Yeah, I think getting drunk off my ass would really do wonders for the bloodlust I'm building up. Not quench it of course, but help to put it off to the side. Least until Chrome and I leave this joint." Just as Ghostface was about to head off however with Jeen, his body froze up briefly.

"..But first, I have this strong obligation to go sign that guy's book. I'll get drinks with you after." With that Ghostface headed to the stage.

@C.T. @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @Hana @Alyto @Hazel-rah

When the urge to applaud finally left her, Junko heard a small voice next to her. She turned and found herself staring at Brad, tilting her head to the side as if she was seeing him in a whole new light. Really, she was surprised that this gruff man was capable of being so soft spoken. Gently placing a hand on the man's shoulder, she attempted to move him a bit away from the karaoke. "Your daughter? I'm... really sorry to hear that."

ctbboOA.png

She waited and listened while the man spoke, his words bringing out her full attention. They had a certain weight to them that drew Junko in. She was being pulled in by Brad's personal gravity, enraptured by a man who carried so much obvious pain. A man who somehow seemed so large and yet so small at the same time. Junko had never really known her father and hadn't really known anyone who had been a father, but she did recall the time Riley had spoken about his dad. Was Brad as honorable as Riley said father's were?

You know, Junko had always liked the name Brad. It was so American.

kaAV0Cr.png

"... I do have hope. Hope is the opposite of despair, you know! I mean, I'm no Ultimate Hope, but I'm sure I have a lot to spare! She did say she had hope as well, so..." Junko had brightened somewhat, smiling now at Brad. "... I'm glad you have hope to, But, you're not worthless, okay?" Brad hadn't resisted her last time, so Junko went ahead and took hold of the man's arm a second time. They were strong arms. Brad was a stout and sturdy man-- the kind of man that made Junko feel safe.

"You're not worthless because you're here and you made me feel better, all right? Yeah! I bet you'll find her... I'll bet you're even the Ultimate Father!"

@OrlandoBloomers

elebbCu.png

Brad didn't object when Junko made to move the two of them away from the karaoke fixtures, stepping aside alongside the girl and listening with quiet patience to what she had to say in response. Even for a man as downtrodden, miserable and outright broken as the old nobody was, he couldn't help but find himself refreshed by the fashionista's youthful optimism; Though his own youth had been a far cry from happiness, seeing that sort of hope in others was enough to spark at least some of the sentiment in even his jaded mind. It was a feeling that just didn't exist any more back in Olathe, but... It was also the kind of hope people deserved to have. Good people. People like Junko. Like Buddy.

... Heh. Who was supposed to be cheering who up again? Maybe it was a mutually beneficial thing. Brad didn't know.

Still, watching the trendy young lady's emotions go from compassion to exuberance to heartfelt reassurance in a matter of moments evoked something in the man that he didn't often feel. She was very expressive. It didn't just remind him of Buddy, but also... When he was a kid. Those rare moments when HE wasn't around. When it was just him and Lisa, and Brad could actually make her smile, or even laugh... When they could just forget.

It made him feel... Joy.

That was something so rare to come by. Words couldn't really describe how much he appreciated it.

"... Maybe. I'm not so sure I'm the ultimate anything. Ultimate Nobody, maybe."

He wasn't as tense when she took his arm this time, seeming more comfortable with the gesture than before. Evoking memories of the only two people who ever mattered to him was as good a way as any to get past his guarded nature, and Brad felt less wary in general now.

"But... Thanks. You're a good person, bud--"

"Miss. Wouldn't be surprised if you were some other old man's Ultimate Daughter." He fell silent for a few seconds after that, stoic features clouding over with thought. "... Sorry. We just met... I know this might be a strange thing to ask. But, uh... I thought you might like to..."

He pointed over to where Kilgrave, Lockhart and Osgood were standing.

"Go sign that guy's book with me."

He automatically started walking over to them regardless, having little choice in the matter.

Part of him wondered why any author would want a bunch of random people they didn't know coming over and signing their work, but he didn't care enough to voice that.

@Atomyk @C.T. @Mighty Roman @others being drawn over
As rewarding as it was that several of the people around proved to be susceptible to his commands...it was with even greater vexation that he viewed the ongoing scene. Death's thoughts were accurate. He did not like this much at all. 50%. Or even less than that. In basic, schoolboy terms, that is a failing grade. His power is failing. Kilgrave bit his lip in quiet frustration, slinking off the stage and back into his seat, held so comfortably by his assistant. One of the few firmly in his grasp...with little else to work with. Kilgrave slowly exhaled, turning to his companion.

"Anya. Look around, I want you to count heads. For every person that did not clap..." Kilgrave gestured his head over to her cutlery. "Take your knife and slit your wrist. For each and every one. Slowly. Don't want you to bleed out, after all. You're highly valued. When supplies are low, each available one skyrockets in worth." He swished his drink before downing the whole glass. "Well, go on."

NO DON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! STOP! PLEASE! USTED DIABLO! MALDITO! MALDITO!

Unfortunately, no matter how much she yelled in her own head, how much she mentally thrashed back and forth, what language she used, her body didn't heed it. Her lips parted to deliver an acknowledgement, hand reaching for the knife.

Lo siento, padre.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hazel-rah @OrlandoBloomers @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Raven @Alyto @Savannah-Clause @CrunchyCHEEZIT

st6blui.png

"Anya?"

There was a strong possibility this may've been missed in all the confusion that followed, with Kilgrave's sleeve being set alight and abruptly doused from two different sources and all that. But while all that drama unfolded in the background, a more subtle approach was being taken at Anya's table; Death stood before her, and her hand was outstretched. She held it out before the knife so Anya ended up inadvertently taking her pale hand rather than the blade she was going for, and the very instant their fingers touched the superheroine felt a flood of self-control wash over her mind, like a sword of light slashing through an ubiquitous blanket of darkness. It wasn't that Kilgrave's control disappeared entirely-- It was more like Anya's own willpower experienced a sudden surge of strength, granting her the ability to truly consider what her body was making her do right now... And whether her mind wanted it.

"It's not your time. Do you really want to do that?"

It wasn't total freedom Death offered her; She didn't fancy interfering that much. But, just for this moment, what she offered was a choice. And the ability to make it.

@C.T.

@OrlandoBloomers

Didi sat back down next to Jezebel soon enough, taking a sip of water from her cup and listening to the crimson woman speak her mind. She broke into admiring smile once she was finished, giving the demoness an amiable look for a few lingering moments before she shrugged lightly and returned her attention to her food, picking a fresh-looking green apple up off the table to take a small bite.

ZcsIvkS.png

"What's that saying again? "Walk a mile in my shoes"? Elvis sang that, I think. Wasn't the first, but he did it best."

She turned the apple over in her hand, gazing at it almost fondly for a second or two longer. Then she looked back up at Jez and the fruit crumbled to dust in her palm, forming a neat little pile that Death blew on lightly to send it scattering away into nothingness.

"I'm afraid that's all there is to it, really. It's nothing too exciting. I just like to understand you lot before I do what I do. Would you believe it's actually brightened me up a bit over the years? I used to be so boring."

She flicked up the hood of the black cloak she was wearing and picked up the accompanying scythe from where she'd set it down underneath the feast table, flattening her expression like a mime for Jezebel in an attempt for laughs before she quickly aborted and switched back to her more natural smile.

"Sorry, I'll never do that again. Good on you for sussing it out, though! Would it trouble you if I asked you to keep my secret? I'd hate to kill the mood."

@Jeremi

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk and C.T.

qnGlryH.gif

---

Kieran nodded, deciding to wave down a Prinny for a drink. "I'll need this," he muttered. "When the time comes, I'll help however I can. I'll arrest who we figure is the culprit, all right?" Taking the glass in hand, Kieran gestured to Jade. "So yeah, ask him, and hopefully we'll learn something."

Kieran then suddenly jumped from his feet, his eyes going wide in surprise. "I, uh... really have to go on stage for some reason. See you later."

---

FCzm9mL.jpg

Jade aimed a reproachful look Kilgrave's way. The feast was almost over, but someone was making a spectacle of it. Jade was at least thankful Melodia's attention was focused on one of the guests.

@C.T.

"Must you really? Aww okay then." As Kieran walked off Morrigan would check out that shapely behind of his. "Well the view is a nice one at least."

@Atomyk @Verite

elebbCu.png

Brad didn't object when Junko made to move the two of them away from the karaoke fixtures, stepping aside alongside the girl and listening with quiet patience to what she had to say in response. Even for a man as downtrodden, miserable and outright broken as the old nobody was, he couldn't help but find himself refreshed by the fashionista's youthful optimism; Though his own youth had been a far cry from happiness, seeing that sort of hope in others was enough to spark at least some of the sentiment in even his jaded mind. It was a feeling that just didn't exist any more back in Olathe, but... It was also the kind of hope people deserved to have. Good people. People like Junko. Like Buddy.

... Heh. Who was supposed to be cheering who up again? Maybe it was a mutually beneficial thing. Brad didn't know.

Still, watching the trendy young lady's emotions go from compassion to exuberance to heartfelt reassurance in a matter of moments evoked something in the man that he didn't often feel. She was very expressive. It didn't just remind him of Buddy, but also... When he was a kid. Those rare moments when HE wasn't around. When it was just him and Lisa, and Brad could actually make her smile, or even laugh... When they could just forget.

It made him feel... Joy.

That was something so rare to come by. Words couldn't really describe how much he appreciated it.

"... Maybe. I'm not so sure I'm the ultimate anything. Ultimate Nobody, maybe."

He wasn't as tense when she took his arm this time, seeming more comfortable with the gesture than before. Evoking memories of the only two people who ever mattered to him was as good a way as any to get past his guarded nature, and Brad felt less wary in general now.

"But... Thanks. You're a good person, bud--"

"Miss. Wouldn't be surprised if you were some other old man's Ultimate Daughter." He fell silent for a few seconds after that, stoic features clouding over with thought. "... Sorry. We just met... I know this might be a strange thing to ask. But, uh... I thought you might like to..."

He pointed over to where Kilgrave, Lockhart and Osgood were standing.

"Go sign that guy's book with me."

He automatically started walking over to them regardless, having little choice in the matter.

Part of him wondered why any author would want a bunch of random people they didn't know coming over and signing their work, but he didn't care enough to voice that.

@Atomyk @C.T. @Mighty Roman @others being drawn over

st6blui.png

"Anya?"

There was a strong possibility this may've been missed in all the confusion that followed, with Kilgrave's sleeve being set alight and abruptly doused from two different sources and all that. But while all that drama unfolded in the background, a more subtle approach was being taken at Anya's table; Death stood before her, and her hand was outstretched. She held it out before the knife so Anya ended up inadvertently taking her pale hand rather than the blade she was going for, and the very instant their fingers touched the superheroine felt a flood of self-control wash over her mind, like a sword of light slashing through an ubiquitous blanket of darkness. It wasn't that Kilgrave's control disappeared entirely-- It was more like Anya's own willpower experienced a sudden surge of strength, granting her the ability to truly consider what her body was making her do right now... And whether her mind wanted it.

"It's not your time. Do you really want to do that?"

It wasn't total freedom Death offered her; She didn't fancy interfering that much. But, just for this moment, what she offered was a choice. And the ability to make it.

@C.T.

Didi sat back down next to Jezebel soon enough, taking a sip of water from her cup and listening to the crimson woman speak her mind. She broke into admiring smile once she was finished, giving the demoness an amiable look for a few lingering moments before she shrugged lightly and returned her attention to her food, picking a fresh-looking green apple up off the table to take a small bite.

ZcsIvkS.png

"What's that saying again? "Walk a mile in my shoes"? Elvis sang that, I think. Wasn't the first, but he did it best."

She turned the apple over in her hand, gazing at it almost fondly for a second or two longer. Then she looked back up at Jez and the fruit crumbled to dust in her palm, forming a neat little pile that Death blew on lightly to send it scattering away into nothingness.

"I'm afraid that's all there is to it, really. It's nothing too exciting. I just like to understand you lot before I do what I do. Would you believe it's actually brightened me up a bit over the years? I used to be so boring."

She flicked up the hood of the black cloak she was wearing and picked up the accompanying scythe from where she'd set it down underneath the feast table, flattening her expression like a mime for Jezebel in an attempt for laughs before she quickly aborted and switched back to her more natural smile.

"Sorry, I'll never do that again. Good on you for sussing it out, though! Would it trouble you if I asked you to keep my secret? I'd hate to kill the mood."

@Jeremi

Well...it felt good that she was on the money. "If anything you're more cheerful than the one from my universe." Which was true her Death was an actual bore. "And don't worry Didi, your secret is safe with me." She added a wink for emphasis. "I can respect your sentiments, humans can be an interesting lot. I saved them from an apocalypse...

...Well I tried to help."

@OrlandoBloomers

image.gif
The 6th Doctor ran into centre stage, snatching the microphone from whoever was currently singing. Raising it to his lips, he spoke "Tresting! Testing! 1,2,3! For those who are ignorant enough not to know who I am, I am the Doctor, and, in light of recent events, I believe it to be about time I show you done QUALITY music!" Clearing his throughly, he stamped his foot, and, as if my magic, music filled the fall. As the introduction played, he removed his beautiful cost and cast it into the audience, folding it as it flew through he hair "If any of you dare to scratch, crease or read, or even think about doing any of those things, they'll be hell to play..."

Then....
He began to sing....

@Mighty Roman @C.T @Jeremi @Hospes
Everyone else
Mobile post
Crapost

• Bucket of Rainbows

qnGlryH.gif

---

---

FCzm9mL.jpg

@C.T.
tumblr_inline_mg8i5iY3yF1qf6dad.png

The key that Idoun happened to drop would seem to land on Saitama's foot. The hero, raising an eyebrow, would notice this and pick it up. "Huh... Weren't we just... Uh..." He looked at the key, then to wherever Kieran was going, then back at the key, then back at Kieran who was still walking off, before waving over at him.

"Oiii, wait. Kyleren! I think I found it!" He said, waving the arm around that held the dropped key.

@Atomyk @Jeremi

Gaster stared at Papyrus for awhile, not responding to him when he made his little quip. His shattered thoughts formed together in a someone cohesive pattern as he stared at this...this skeleton.

He looked to Melodia, smiling;

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

I AM NOT SURE WHO HE IS

NOT UNTIL HE FINDS OUT FOR HIMSELF

I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THEORY YOU WISH TO BELIEVE

HE COULD BE MY SON

HE COULD BE MY MISSING HALF

HE COULD JUST BE A RANDOM SKELETON THAT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO WHO I WAS

BUT THAT WOULD BE BORING, WOULD IT NOT?

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

BUT THAT IS ENOUGH ABOUT ME

I AM NOT ONE TO TALK ABOUT MYSELF

HOW ABOUT YOU? WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

@Atomyk @DapperDogman

Continued from here.

CHAPTER FOUR
"Last Clues"

Junko stared at Brad for a moment, her smile dropping. She ended up clearing her throat and looking away from him as she spoke. "That's just not possible. I've never been..." Words failed her and the end of Junko's sentence sounded like a croak. God, she was being moody today. She didn't really mind growing up without parents, but remembering that time just caused her to think of her sister. If they'd had a different life, would she have fallen for Makoto's despair bullshit? It was too hard to think about the possibilities.

She moved on by agreeing to join Brad in signing the book, but found herself blocked by Jade walking up on the stage. Moving Junko aside, Jade stepped on stage once he'd had enough of Kilgrave's antics. He grabbed the mic and spoke into it clearly, a slight edge to his voice. "Well now, the feast is dying down, so could I have our murder mystery guests join me once again outside the party?" He smiled with effort before moving to hand the mic to Junko. "Please, entertain our remaining guests in the meantime."

"Well... I'll talk to you later, Brad." Reluctantly, Junko let go of Brad's arm, feeling almost as if she lost herself a life jacket.

Melodia looked perturbed that Gaster had to leave. She let out a dramatic sigh, but looked at Gaster playfully. "Please hurry with your investigation. Maybe you can impress me with your investigative skills when you take the stage later? I'll tell you all about me when we get the chance."

Both slightly confused by their sudden urge to indulge in Kilgrave's requests, Idoun and Kieran stepped off the stage. The knight confusedly moved back to the dining table to finish the rest of his drink, eyes watching Jade as he exited the banquet hall. "I don't think my butt is shapely..." he mumbled to himself. When he noticed the red key Saitama had found, he examined it intently. "Yup, that's an employee's key. If Rita said hers was red, then great, but we don't know, huh...? Maybe it's best to check out what Idoun is doing, just to make sure." Said woman, Idoun, followed after Jade, but took a quick turn down another hallway, making it unclear where she was heading.

As for Jade, it was clear he was heading back to the lobby. You'd find it was in pristine condition and that any sign of the murder was gone. "We've gone ahead and cleaned up the mess," Jade said. "The body is being kept in a secure location. I assume the business with the Prinnies has been solved...? Regardless, I've brought you all back so that you can examine Rita's room. Hopefully it will shed some light on why exactly she was murdered."

ZUvJD9x.png

"It will only be another hour before the scheduled mock trial, so please make haste."

Jade then navigated the halls toward the employee's rooms. Taking out a grey key, he unlocked the room door.

6gTKKmz.jpg

Rita's room was a mess. Papers were strewn about the entire room. Tools and gadgets towered high in the corners of the room, threatening to fall over at any moment. A glance through all of this would only reveal items that were beyond your knowledge or useless when it came to the murder case. Some of the papers were similar to the formulas found in Rita's notebook, while the majority of them contained notes on the hotel's layout and technology.

Aside from this, there was the bed, the dresser, and some drawers.

Of course, you could always follow Idoun to see what she was up to.

Continued here.

~CAST LIST~
@Alyto as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Yuletide Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]

@Savannah-Clause as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@The Great Detective as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin as Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Magic Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]

@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]

@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]

@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

CHAPTER FOUR
"Last Clues"

Junko stared at Brad for a moment, her smile dropping. She ended up clearing her throat and looking away from him as she spoke. "That's just not possible. I've never been..." Words failed her and the end of Junko's sentence sounded like a croak. God, she was being moody today. She didn't really mind growing up without parents, but remembering that time just caused her to think of her sister. If they'd had a different life, would she have fallen for Makoto's despair bullshit? It was too hard to think about the possibilities.

She moved on by agreeing to join Brad in signing the book, but found herself blocked by Jade walking up on the stage. Moving Junko aside, Jade stepped on stage once he'd had enough of Kilgrave's antics. He grabbed the mic and spoke into it clearly, a slight edge to his voice. "Well now, the feast is dying down, so could I have our murder mystery guests join me once again outside the party?" He smiled with effort before moving to hand the mic to Junko. "Please, entertain our remaining guests in the meantime."

Melodia looked perturbed that Gaster had to leave. She let out a dramatic sigh, but looked at Gaster playfully. "Please hurry with your investigation. Maybe you can impress me with your investigative skills when you take the stage later? I'll tell you all about me when we get the chance."

Both slightly confused by their sudden urge to indulge in Kilgrave's requests, Idoun and Kieran stepped off the stage. The knight confusedly moved back to the dining table to finish the rest of his drink, eyes watching Jade as he exited the banquet hall. "I don't think my butt is shapely..." he mumbled to himself. When he noticed the red key Saitama had found, he examined it intently. "Yup, that's an employee's key. If Rita said hers was red, then great, but we don't know, huh...? Maybe it's best to check out what Idoun is doing, just to make sure." Said woman, Idoun, followed after Jade, but took a quick turn down another hallway, making it unclear where she was heading.

As for Jade, it was clear he was heading back to the lobby. You'd find it was in pristine condition and that any sign of the murder was gone. "We've gone ahead and cleaned up the mess," Jade said. "The body is being kept in a secure location. I assume the business with the Prinnies has been solved...? Regardless, I've brought you all back so that you can examine Rita's room. Hopefully it will shed some light on why exactly she was murdered."

ZUvJD9x.png

"It will only be another hour before the scheduled mock trial, so please make haste."

Jade then navigated the halls toward the employee's rooms. Taking out a grey key, he unlocked the room door.

6gTKKmz.jpg

Rita's room was a mess. Papers were strewn about the entire room. Tools and gadgets towered high in the corners of the room, threatening to fall over at any moment. A glance through all of this would only reveal items that were beyond your knowledge or useless when it came to the murder case. Some of the papers were similar to the formulas found in Rita's notebook, while the majority of them contained notes on the hotel's layout and technology.

~CAST LIST~

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]

tumblr_inline_msxa0snhGC1qz4rgp.png

Finally, took him long enough... Maybe now we can bust this case wide open.

"Come on, let's figure this out and get some justice for Rita," With that, Hajime walked away from the tea party and headed into Rita's room. His eyes took in the luxury living space, noting key portions he needed to search, before heading for the drawers first. There should be something in those...

@york @Atomyk

Continued from here.

CHAPTER FOUR
"Last Clues"

"Well... I'll talk to you later, Brad." Reluctantly, Junko let go of Brad's arm, feeling almost as if she herself a life jacket.

ZUvJD9x.png

6gTKKmz.jpg

~CAST LIST~

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

It seemed right after Rose returned to Raven more action had accrued and she was silent before looking to her friend. "Great another investigation I assume." She stated and looked to Raven should we split up or stay together?" Raven was silent for a while thinking. "Let's stay in the room together but examine different items?" She suggested and noticed Rose nod. "Your the boss remember?" She teased and smiled. "Okay Rae I'll look around but will stay close. Rose went for the drawers while Raven headed to the bed. While Rose began to look around she popped in some ear buds to listen to some music to focus her mind a bit more after her break.

@Atomyk

@Librarian Cat
@Anyone WHO WISHES TO INTERACT I would love some more action than what I've had time for this past few days

Reactions: Nue
Jeen looked rather annoyed as Ghostface sauntered off toward the stage. He lost his drinking buddy for a second, and his arm was throbbing in pain now, too.

"Yeah, sure thing, bud! Oh hey, don't worry about me, by the way! My arm's fiiiiiiine! I just passed out on a hot stove, no big deal! Happens all the time to you, I'm sure!." He pulled back his sleeve to examine his forearm. Red, blistery. Pretty typical burn. Hopefully he'd remember not to put too much pressure on it for the rest of the night. Hurt like a bitch.

Nothing a nice G&T wouldn't fix.

@C.T. @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Great Detective @Sen @Hana @Alyto @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Hajime and Rose would find that the top drawer contained more papers like the ones scattered about the room. Of note was a small notepad inside a small box, suggesting it to be important. Unfortunately, the top page has been ripped out and none of the other pages have anything written in it. The bottom drawer is stuck and can't be opened with just your hands.

@Raven @The Yuletide Tactician @The Silver Paladin

Raven would find the bed in disarray, looking like it hadn't been made in days. Flipping through the covers on top of the bed, there seemed to be nothing of interest...

@Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.