• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right brought you down another path... where yet another rock split up the road.

ajBkkAj.jpg

... However, this time, you could see something carved on the rock. It was the number 1.

Again, you had the choice of left and right once again.

@york @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Why was the boy running? It didn't make sense to the skeleton who'd just caught up with the group, by following their footsteps, but it made him break into a run too "Why are we running?"
Oh boy, he hadn't even noticed Gaster yet, that was sure to go down well with Papryus, just like every encounter he and the crooked man had up until now

"Oh well, running is goo exercise, and I've been meaning to lose some weight, I'm watching my figure!"

@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @york
tumblr_inline_msx9zjkEh01qz4rgp.png

Hajime paused, taking note of the number on the rock, "One... Guys, let's go left next, and see what the rock says then."

He had a hypothesis, and he needed to put it to the test now.

"This place, it's a maze of some kind, and I don't think we're alone in it... Someone wants us to be stuck in an infinite loop..."
Those skulls...

"S-Sans?"

It took Papyrus a long moment to realise he'd said that out loud, and another to realise that he was speaking to Gaster once more
He stares in silence for a long moment, taking in what he'd just seen
This man had to have come into contact with Sans in the past...Maybe that's how he knew his name?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Neo simply had been trailing the forest group for a time now. Yeah, that meant she was going left too.

@york @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @Atomyk
Slavya & Yulia
@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk

la7yNN8.png

"It's the mines all over again..." Slavya said, looking at the rock, frowning a little, though, at Hajime's suggestion, she nodded a little "Okay! Let's head left an-...." Slavya abruptly trailed off, noticing what Gaster was doing... Though, Yulia didn't look confused, she just looked a bit startled all of a sudden.
oXSRrOA.png

"H-Hey! Stop that! It might break something really important!" She shouted, looking a little distressed as Gaster did his thing... Was it possible that she understood what tearing through reality itself might mean? Though... How would someone like her have such an understanding over such things, but, yet, act almost like a child?​

Gaster's attack would rip through the trees, firing off into the distant forest. If any illusion had been shattered, it was not immediately apparent.

... Except, when you traveled down the next path, you finally came to a clearing.

AqlLqLb.jpg

Idoun lay here on the ground, unconscious. The device she'd used to get you all here was nowhere to be found.

@york @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

You moved up the stone steps and into the darkness above. It wasn't a long ascent, but the room above wasn't much to look at. Too dark to see much, you only found a single door that was bolted shut. You could try forcing it open, but you couldn't be sure if this place was uninhabited or not. Another set of stairs were here, bringing you even higher. This room wasn't so dark, as more flood lights illuminated the dismal space.

Y8jb7fC.png

There were cabinets and containers up here.

Pulling out the cabinet, you'd find a number of ruined folders. Some looked considerably aged and too damaged to read, while a second set had been burned at some point. One page is legible enough that you can see KNOWN REPLICA at the top of the page. As far as you can tell from the text remaining, the page gave details about an individual. None of the details were visible beyond the individual's height, which read 80 cm.

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Verite @Alyto @Sen @Hana[/BCOLOR]​
yGdS7ey.jpg

"Huh? What's all this?" Saitama wondered aloud as he would try to read any more text. Replicas? What, like... clones? Robots? Who knew? Something was off about this world. It was probably more than meets the eye, but the hero wasn't really sure if he cared to know more about it at the moment.

With that though, he would then proceed to open the containers next.

@Atomyk @Alyto @Sen @Hana

Gaster's attack would rip through the trees, firing off into the distant forest. If any illusion had been shattered, it was not immediately apparent.

... Except, when you traveled down the next path, you finally came to a clearing.

AqlLqLb.jpg

Idoun lay here on the ground, unconscious. The device she'd used to get you all here was nowhere to be found.

@york @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @The Great Detective
tumblr_inline_mr6cyjeeQQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Wait, what...?

How did they come to the clearing? Each of the previous turns had just led in a circle back to the rock, so why had this one been different? It didn't make sense to him for things to suddenly change as it did, nor could he compare it to his hypothesis because it didn't yet have an explainable cause. Maybe... I guess the best guess is a left from the rock with one scratched into it leads here...

"Idoun...?" He carefully approached the young woman and knelt down besides her, shaking her shoulder, "Come on, please wake up..."

@york @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

AqlLqLb.jpg

tumblr_inline_mr6cyjeeQQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Wait, what...?

How did they come to the clearing? Each of the previous turns had just led in a circle back to the rock, so why had this one been different? It didn't make sense to him for things to suddenly change as it did, nor could he compare it to his hypothesis because it didn't yet have an explainable cause. Maybe... I guess the best guess is a left from the rock with one scratched into it leads here...

"Idoun...?" He carefully approached the young woman and knelt down besides her, shaking her shoulder, "Come on, please wake up..."

Slavya & Yulia
@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

MpkfcIc.png
WDz76gR.png

"Where'd that thing she use go? Maybe that's our key out of here..." Slavya said, looking a little puzzled as she approahced Idoun with Hajime, deciding to check to see if she was doing okay... Yulia in the meantime seemed to have simmered down a little, seeing that whatever illusion they were in had been broken, or at least it seemed that way... She however, decided to search around, to see if she could find Idoun's strange device which she had used earlier.

Last edited:
Slavya & Yulia
@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk

la7yNN8.png

"It's the mines all over again..." Slavya said, looking at the rock, frowning a little, though, at Hajime's suggestion, she nodded a little "Okay! Let's head left an-...." Slavya abruptly trailed off, noticing what Gaster was doing... Though, Yulia didn't look confused, she just looked a bit startled all of a sudden.
oXSRrOA.png

"H-Hey! Stop that! It might break something really important!" She shouted, looking a little distressed as Gaster did his thing... Was it possible that she understood what tearing through reality itself might mean? Though... How would someone like her have such an understanding over such things, but, yet, act almost like a child?​
Slavya & Yulia
@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

MpkfcIc.png
WDz76gR.png

"Where'd that thing she use go? Maybe that's our key out of here..." Slavya said, looking a little puzzled as she approahced Idoun with Hajime, deciding to check to see if she was doing okay... Yulia in the meantime seemed to have simmered down a ltitle, seeing that whatever illusion they were in had been broken, or at least it seemed that way... She however, decided to search around, to see if she could find Idoun's strange device which she had used earlier.

Gaster stared off in the distance, watching the laser travel and graze through the forest. Lowering his head, he followed in his own way to the clearing. Gaster stood behind and simply watched, not acting upon anything. He slowly turned his head-- unlike his previous movements, this one looked...consisent. Fluid-- not scattered or distorted, broken up into pieces. No, the movement he made was whole...the full movement of turning his head

To look at Papyrus.

Gaster stared at the skeleton, standing next to him in the clearing. Gaster had his hands behind his back, and glanced down for a moment out of thought. Out of the blue, he spoke.

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

...I AM GLAD HE USED THEM AT THE RIGHT MOMENT

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @york @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

Slavya & Yulia

MpkfcIc.png
WDz76gR.png

"Where'd that thing she use go? Maybe that's our key out of here..." Slavya said, looking a little puzzled as she approahced Idoun with Hajime, deciding to check to see if she was doing okay... Yulia in the meantime seemed to have simmered down a ltitle, seeing that whatever illusion they were in had been broken, or at least it seemed that way... She however, decided to search around, to see if she could find Idoun's strange device which she had used earlier.
tumblr_inline_msxab7XTsE1qz4rgp.png

"Maybe, but we need her as well," Hajime muttered as he gently tapped on Idoun's face, attempting to rouse her from her unconsciousness. He didn't know what they would do with the device, but he had a feeling they would probably need Idoun to use it...

For a moment, he paused, not taking his eyes from the young, hammy woman who laid on the ground. After a moment, he glanced up to Slavya and frowned in a depressed manner, "... Sorry that I invited you to that stupid party, Slavya..." It seemed Hajime blamed himself for all of this, and a glint of shame shined in his eyes before he looked back to Idoun, trying once again to wake her.​

The containers stored what appeared to be just junk. Large amounts of broken electronics could be found.

... Except for one item: a radio. It looked intact, unlike everything else, but required a power source. Maybe some simple batteries would do. Otherwise, there wasn't much up here, so the only choice now was to head downstairs...

Joining the others still on the main floor, you all proceed to step down into the darkness, where you come to a long and dark hallway. It's not every inviting, but you can see that flood lights illuminate a room at the end of the hall. Making your way, you'd eventually find a room with switches...

avMFudf.png

Pressing any of them doesn't seem to do anything. A panel on the wall shows three green lights.

(0) (0) (0)
[BCOLOR=#000000] [/BCOLOR]
A door sits open here, as if somebody was already through here... Beyond this door was a new hallway, this one looking pristine white.
5OOBAWB.jpg

Going down this hallway, you'd eventually come to a door bolted shut that disallows you access. Another panel of lights sits beside the door, along with three switches labeled 1, 2, and 3.

The lights are all currently red.

(0) (0) (0)

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Verite @Alyto @Sen @Hana[/BCOLOR] @TheSpringwoodSlasher @OrlandoBloomers

Idoun's eyes fluttered open at the sound of voices. "Foolish mortals..." she muttered, sounding utterly weak. The device she had can't be found, indicating it's likely not within the area.

tumblr_inline_msxake7f0B1qz4rgp.png

Oh, you guys decided to help me when you found me in a creepy woods? Yeah, sure, I'll still treat you like dirt even though I might pass out again and die...

"Yeah, yeah, we're foolish mortals," Without giving her a chance to respond, he began slipping her arm over his shoulder to carry, "Come on, we need to get out of here, Idoun..." Wrapping an arm around her waist, he nodded to Slavya that he was ready to go when she was.

Gaster stared off in the distance, watching the laser travel and graze through the forest. Lowering his head, he followed in his own way to the clearing. Gaster stood behind and simply watched, not acting upon anything. He slowly turned his head-- unlike his previous movements, this one looked...consisent. Fluid-- not scattered or distorted, broken up into pieces. No, the movement he made was whole...the full movement of turning his head

To look at Papyrus.

Gaster stared at the skeleton, standing next to him in the clearing. Gaster had his hands behind his back, and glanced down for a moment out of thought. Out of the blue, he spoke.

tumblr_inline_msxab7XTsE1qz4rgp.png

"Maybe, but we need her as well," Hajime muttered as he gently tapped on Idoun's face, attempting to rouse her from her unconsciousness. He didn't know what they would do with the device, but he had a feeling they would probably need Idoun to use it...

For a moment, he paused, not taking his eyes from the young, hammy woman who laid on the ground. After a moment, he glanced up to Slavya and frowned in a depressed manner, "... Sorry that I invited you to that stupid party, Slavya..." It seemed Hajime blamed himself for all of this, and a glint of shame shined in his eyes before he looked back to Idoun, trying once again to wake her.​
Idoun's eyes fluttered open at the sound of voices. "Foolish mortals..." she muttered, sounding utterly weak. The device she had can't be found, indicating it's likely not within the area.

tumblr_inline_msxake7f0B1qz4rgp.png

Oh, you guys decided to help me when you found me in a creepy woods? Yeah, sure, I'll still treat you like dirt even though I might pass out again and die...

"Yeah, yeah, we're foolish mortals," Without giving her a chance to respond, he began slipping her arm over his shoulder to carry, "Come on, we need to get out of here, Idoun..." Wrapping an arm around her waist, he nodded to Slavya that he was ready to go when she was.

Slavya & Yulia
AkhX3zj.png
K3okG2r.png

"I... Guess she needs some rest... Think there's a place we can stay?" Slavya asked, frowning a little as she looked at Idoun, before looking off into the forest, in the rough direction the Sovionok Camp would have been, had these been the same woods... Yulia in the meantime looked around "If it's anything like home... There should be a tree here we can use as shelter..." she said, trailing off a little as she looked around for any semblance of a familiar landmark nearby...​

As the buildings were approached, not a soul stood on the grounds and the vehicles scattered about looked like they'd been sitting there for years. The building closest to your arrival looked like it had its entrance collapsed, making it inaccessible. Probably most telling that this place was likely abandoned was the fact that the big metal door on the main building was slightly ajar.

FizSGhN.png

Strange flood lights sat inside, illuminating the haggard appearance of the facility's halls. The floor was covered in a thin layer of water and grime. You'd find that the cieling had collapsed, making the far end of the hall impossible to reach. All that was available to you was a staircase that went up and a staircase that went down.

@OrlandoBloomers @Alyto @Verite @TheSpringwoodSlasher
Ghostface whistled upon seeing that the entrance way into one of the buildings had been made inaccessible. If this was what constituted as the 'offices' for this Hotel, then he was glad he didn't work here. It seemed pretty shitty.

Watching Saitama, Sal and the witch make their way down the stairs, Ghostface was about to do the same when he looked over his shoulder.

ChromeSkull had forced himself to trudge behind Ghostface but that had done was eat away at the energy he was using to try to keep on going despite the pain.

Mickey-Scream-2-scream-22094949-200-200.jpg

"What''s wrong, Chrome? Not doing so hot without your drugs? Maybe one of the guys upstairs has some. Except the bald dude, seems like he'd walk the straight and narrow with that kind of stuff. That's pretty role model stuff, you should be taking notes Chrome! I'm the second fiddle in this partnership of ours and supposed to be learning from you and yet here you are hunched over. C'mon! The stairs are just right out of reach! So far, yet so close! You need me to hold your hand? Walk you up the stairs like helping that dementia ridden grandma across the street, eh?"

Stepping forward, Ghostface extended a gloved hand to ChromeSkull who was leaning on the wall and slapped the hand away.

I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP. AS FOR THE DRUGS, IT'S NOT THE BEST BUT MAYBE THAT LITTLE WITCH HAS SOME KIND OF MAGIC THAT CAN STOP THE PAIN. SPARE ME THE SYMPATHY BULLSHIT. YOU'RE JUST AS HEARTLESS AS I AM, YOU JUST LIKE TO PUT ON MORE OF A SHOW ABOUT IT.

Ghostface rolled his eyes as his offer to help was rejected. Turning, he'd start up the stairs with his hands held up.

Mickey.jpg

"You gotta start thinking about the bigger picture, Jesse. You may have been the senior partner but this isn't just you and me anymore. We don't have free reign to be ourselves. We've gotta work together as much as we can. The second you let your ego get in the way of that, you'll be leaning up against the wall like a wounded dog who's just injured it's hind leg-Oh wait! That's what's happening right here, right now! You're more than free to ask the witch for help. But to reach here, you gotta descend these stairs. In your condition, I think a little phrase comes to mind that you ought to take to heart. Ain't no mountain high enough..Ain't no mountain high enough.." Ghostface repeated mocking ChromeSkull all the way as he made his way downstairs

"Well well, what do we have here..?" He'd ask as he glanced around at the three switches at the end of the white hallway. "You guys got any ideas on if these gotta be pulled down in any kind of order? I'd hate for us to pull one wrong switch and we end up meeting some kind of grisly end. That'd just be terrible!"

Once Ghostface had departed to the basement with the others, ChromeSkull was once again left to his own devices.

HOW DARE HE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT. I'M THE VETERAN OUT OF THE TWO OF US. HE'S JUST SOME PUNK ASS COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WOULD HAVE GOTTEN CAUGHT IF I HADN'T MET HIM WHEN I DID. THEN HE MOCKS ME BY OFFERING A HELPING HAND. I DON'T NEED HIS FAKE GOOD-NATURED BULLSHIT WEIGHING ME DOWN...JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET DOWN THESE STAIRS..

mD4YKnw.jpg

Gripping onto the handrail, ChromeSkull started down the stairs. One step at a time. The pain of burning flesh across every inch of his face felt like daggers were being driven into every pore and then being ripped out. But he wasn't going to let Mickey of all people get one over on him. Reaching up to his mask, ChromeSkull ran his fingers along it's metallic surface as he turned towards wherever Wadanohara had ended up and made his way towards her, trying his best not to stumble or miss any of the keys while typing up his message.

WADANOHARA...I...NEED...ASSISTANCE...IN..PAIN. CAN YOU HELP???

@OrlandoBloomers @Atomyk @Sen @Hana @Verite

The containers stored what appeared to be just junk. Large amounts of broken electronics could be found.

... Except for one item: a radio. It looked intact, unlike everything else, but required a power source. Maybe some simple batteries would do. Otherwise, there wasn't much up here, so the only choice now was to head downstairs...

Joining the others still on the main floor, you all proceed to step down into the darkness, where you come to a long and dark hallway. It's not every inviting, but you can see that flood lights illuminate a room at the end of the hall. Making your way, you'd eventually find a room with switches...

avMFudf.png

Pressing any of them doesn't seem to do anything. A panel on the wall shows three green lights.

(0) (0) (0)

A door sits open here, as if somebody was already through here... Beyond this door was a new hallway, this one looking pristine white.

5OOBAWB.jpg

Going down this hallway, you'd eventually come to a door bolted shut that disallows you access. Another panel of lights sits beside the door, along with three switches labeled 1, 2, and 3.

(0) (0) (0)

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Verite @Alyto @Sen @Hana[/BCOLOR] @TheSpringwoodSlasher @OrlandoBloomers
8l28H0p.jpg

Saitama gave the lights concentrated looks. Hmm. Puzzles, huh? Theoretically, he could just punch through the door and that would be the end of it, but knowing his luck, something bad would probably happen if he did, like... like the place would blow up. Or... hmm. Why didn't he just punch the door? Well, let's just try this puzzle-looking thing first. A more civilized approach if nothing else. Besides, it was more stimulating than anything concerning physical movement at this point.

"Hmm..." The hero thought for a minute, before deciding to flip the second switch for now.

@Atomyk @Alyto @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Hana @Sen @OrlandoBloomers

Slavya & Yulia
AkhX3zj.png
K3okG2r.png

"I... Guess she needs some rest... Think there's a place we can stay?" Slavya asked, frowning a little as she looked at Idoun, before looking off into the forest, in the rough direction the Sovionok Camp would have been, had these been the same woods... Yulia in the meantime looked around "If it's anything like home... There should be a tree here we can use as shelter..." she said, trailing off a little as she looked around for any semblance of a familiar landmark nearby...​
tumblr_inline_msxamxB4b51qz4rgp.png

"Let's just hurry..." It seemed Hajime simply wanted to start moving once again, obviously still uncomfortable standing in the clearing.​

To look at Papyrus.

'They weren't enough'

Nothing was enough to stop that human, but he didn't want to advertise that to Gaster, not now at least

"Just who are you? How do you know my brother?"
He pauses for a second, feeling himself growing more and more dependant on answers from the man, he had to know

What was the connection between Sans, this man and those skulls?

Since his brother's death, he'd sensed that the skulls were his to control as well, perhaps it was genetic?
Don't be absurd, that would make Gaster his...

Father

No, that was impossible. That couldn't be what it was, there had to be something else

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Yuletide Tactician @york @Atomyk

avMFudf.png

(0) (0) (0)

5OOBAWB.jpg

(0) (0) (0)

Sal_%28shark_form%29_2.png

Watching as the bald, caped man flip the second switch, Sal decided to flip the first one, seeing if they would turn the red lights green. They still had no idea where they were whatsoever, and Sal was starting to become uneasy.

@Verite @Alyto @Atomyk @Hana @TheSpringwoodSlasher @OrlandoBloomers

avMFudf.png

(0) (0) (0)

5OOBAWB.jpg

(0) (0) (0)

As Peashy doesn't understand this, and the others already flipped the switches, she just kinda stayed back and watched.

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Verite @Atomyk @Sen @Hana[/BCOLOR] @TheSpringwoodSlasher @OrlandoBloomers

While there were no familiar landmarks within the area, you do see a very large building in the distance.

btVCty2.jpg

It looked totally abandoned. Lush foliage encroached upon the building, the forest completely taking over. You hear animal noises in the distance-- likely wolves. Idoun moaned and stumbled as she tried to follow Hajime's lead.

Reactions: Krieg
'They weren't enough'

Nothing was enough to stop that human, but he didn't want to advertise that to Gaster, not now at least

"Just who are you? How do you know my brother?"
He pauses for a second, feeling himself growing more and more dependant on answers from the man, he had to know

What was the connection between Sans, this man and those skulls?

Since his brother's death, he'd sensed that the skulls were his to control as well, perhaps it was genetic?
Don't be absurd, that would make Gaster his...

Father

No, that was impossible. That couldn't be what it was, there had to be something else

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Yuletide Tactician @york @Atomyk
Gaster remained still.

He looked at Papyrus for what seemed like an eternity, the face of innocence lost. The happy world he once lived in, shattered by an unknown variable that slipped into the machine of reality. Every fragment of the man once known of W.D. Gaster could percieve everything that happened in this multiverse. He watched as lives passed by him in seconds, and entire god-like beings rise and fall. He existed in a level beyond comprehension-- the meta level where he could see every little variable, constant, cause and effect that ran the great machine of reality.

All of this, and the man couldn't handle watching one SOUL be so broken.

Gaster lowered his head in shame

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHAT SANS DID IN HIS ROOM

IT WAS ALWAYS LOCKED

AND HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHERE THINGS LIKE THE CORE CAME FROM?

I KNOW YOU AREN'T THE SCIENCE TYPE

YOU NEVER REALLY WERE, HA HA
tumblr_inline_msxamxB4b51qz4rgp.png

"Let's just hurry..." It seemed Hajime simply wanted to start moving once again, obviously still uncomfortable standing in the clearing.​

Gaster looked ahead and began walking...his walking was actual walking. It wasn't shattered or laggy like before. It was actual walking, foot by foot, step by step, like a living being made whole. As he walked, he didn't answer any of Papyrus' possible questions or pleas. He couldn't look at the boy, not at this moment.
While there were no familiar landmarks within the area, you do see a very large building in the distance.

btVCty2.jpg

It looked totally abandoned. Lush foliage encroached upon the building, the forest completely taking over. You hear animal noises in the distance-- likely wolves. Idoun moaned and stumbled as she tried to follow Hajime's lead.

Gaster halted and looked out over the fallen building, holding his hands behind his back once more. He spoke once more, to Papyrus-- but he didn't look at him.

EVERY PIECE OF THE PUZZLE

IGNORED

EVERY WARNING

EVERY SIGN I TRIED TO MAKE

ALL IGNORED

@york @The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @DapperDogman @The Great Detective

Status
Not open for further replies.