• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow Mista found himself back with the group. His memory was hazy, but he could somewhat recall falling asleep somewhere secluded. Regardless, he was here with everyone now, no matter how exactly he got there.

He followed the others as they encountered Dio's body, and although he had heard his name mentioned earlier when they first met in this strange world, it had only now really dawned on him who exactly this man was. He had heard a fair bit about him from Giorno's adviser-of-sorts Polnareff, so he knew this guy was bad news, and that he was supposed to be dead anyways. Mista knew about Dio's nearly unstoppable Stand, but somehow he had been overpowered and now lay dead in front of everyone.

Being an assassin, Mista was no stranger to death. He was not at all fazed by the presence of a dead body. What did faze him, however, was the fact that there was someone among them who could kill Dio. Someone more powerful than one of the strongest Stand users ever to have lived. He stared at the body, completely and utterly shocked. After a few moments, he composed himself again.

"Why are you all acting like this is such a terrible thing? I didn't know much about this Dio guy, but I knew that he was bad news. I think we're better off without him. And what makes you all think it was a bad guy that killed him? Maybe someone was just trying to do us a favor by getting rid of him?"

Mista walked over to the body and crouched down beside it along with the others who were investigating, eyeing the various wounds.

"Although, I suppose if that was the case, then the one who did it would have probably admitted it by now. Which means we'll have to figure out the culprit ourselves." The gangster stood back up to his feet and took a few steps away to give the others some more space to do their work. "I think I'd better leave the investigation to you guys though. I'm usually the reason for crime scene investigations like this, not the one who carries them out." It took him a moment to realize what he just said, and he immediately started backpedaling. "Of course I'm not saying I'm the one who did it! I'm fairly confident in my skills, but there's no way I would have been able to beat this Dio guy in a fair fight. And even if I could, I wouldn't be trying to hide it. What I do know, though, is that whoever did this was no Stand user. There would be no need for weapons like that stick there if that was the case."

@Crow @Mason Moretti @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Investigation​

TrgW964.jpg

"What if that stake was a- hold on a minute..."

Mista's words seem to have given Ben an idea.

Ben's new form tried to recall if any of the areas the various parties have been to contain trees.

"Say, Blake, I believe you have called yourself, what are the nearest areas from here that possess some form of trees?" Ben's new form asks Blake. "I'll rush over to investigate."

If their current vicinity was one of these areas, Ben's new form would compare the stake with the wood from the decrepit town's trees.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden

@york

@Investigation

"I believe none of you understand what you're talking about."

A voice called from the back of the group, hearkening the investigators to instinctively look backwards towards it's source. In the brief silence he had conjured, the golden-haired boss would stand before a jury of criminals, heroes and lost wanderers led to this situation by fate. The boss took control of the conversation, silently walking forward with an air of boldness and serenity, moving from the side of Seisa and Shichika. He would calmly rest a hand on Mista's shoulder.

Giorno gave him the look. The 'Giorno Is Taking Care Of Things' look.

The look that indicates Mista should step back.

Whether or not his underboss would retreat, Giorno brushed past the other investigators and kneeled down next to the still-warm corpse of the man that was once his father. He began to speak, still examining the corpse without looking back at the group.

fa93c9c2e0e212eb3457ce61aa49451b.png

"Listen closely, because I won't repeat myself."

"It'd be best to listen, because I know this man better than any of you."

"In case any of you did not understand our confrontation earlier, this man...was my father. It would seem I was only given a short time to interact with him in this bizarre situation, but it was more than enough time for me to determine who exactly this man was...and what strength I had inherited from him. I even admired him to a small degree."

"I believe the term 'don't meet your heroes' comes to mind."

"You're not incorrect about who he was. I'd be lying if I said he didn't deserve this fate after everything I learned from him and his actions. In fact, I'm surprised no one has accused me of taking his life. I don't know if that means none of you were paying attention, or that some of you aren't as intelligent as I thought."

"Ahem, regardless."

"I'm not avenging my father for that very reason. He was a 'taker', so I suppose it's only fair I take his right of being avenged away from him."

"The only thing I'll give to my father in death...is the assurance that the power I've inherited from him will be used to destroy the Harbingers. That will be my resolve."

"Though, from the information I gathered with the help of my organization, I know that only a person of great innate power would be capable of killing my father. I knew he was some kind of...being beyond a human. A vampire wasn't my first guess, but it would make sense. His Stand, The World, had some kind of power regarding time. On top of that, it was a Stand of great power and speed...so, a person with similar power and speed, including great defensive capabilities would be the one to kill DIO."

"Consider who our culprit would be. I'll wait."

@Crow @Mason Moretti @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @penguin055 @Investigation

Noembelu listened to what Giorno had to say, wondering how he truly felt. After getting beaten down by that man, to put on such a stoic air, act as if nothing was wromg...it hit a bit too close to home. Nevertheless, something he said stood out to her.

"Are you saying someone strong enough to match Dio in power is among us?" Her interactions had been very limited, she really had no idea if that was even possible.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden

@york

@Investigation

Buddy's wish came true!

A light shone from the ceiling of the ship, fully healing Rui's minor scrapes and healing a fair deal of Giorno's major bruises, as well as any injuries some of the others might have gotten. Rui might recognise that as the second phase of the move 'Wish'.

"Skree!" the young Eevee gleed, as if saying yes.

"Oh, that," Ben comments on the light, "Buddy used that when we were fighting those giants. Usually it doesn't take that long to activate its effects, just a few minutes. I'm guessing all this timespace travel stuff caused its effects to be delayed."

@Yun Lee (Noembelu) @Crow @Midnight Maiden @Verite @Takumi (Shion) @Midnight Maiden (Rui) @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Gwazi Magnum @LuckycoolHawk9 (Kara) @york
@thatguyinthestore @Takumi (JD) @MarMar (Yang, NPC) @Midnight Maiden (Weiss, NPC) @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Fallen Hope
@Beacon Tower

The Bunny girl seemed just as confused as Danielle as she looked over the scene, frowning a little.

0jYdZk6.png

"I... Think so..." She said, not seeming to quite believe her own words.

Mipha's attempt to heal Cardin was more or less successfull, but it looked like he was still going to be unconscious for the time being, evidently needing some time to recover.

Ruby in the meantime, appeared to be very much alive, even if she looked quite drained in light of what had happened... With the whole ordeal having taken alot out of her. For the time being, she just sort of hung limp in Weiss's arms, evidently needing a little time to recover.

Blake, however, appeared to have retrieved something from whatever remained of that woman's body, in the carcass of what had once been a screecher.

Chara, following the source of that bright light, soon found a woozy looking Ruby, with Weiss by her side.

@Yun Lee (Noembelu) @Crow @Verite @Takumi (Shion) @Midnight Maiden (Wes & Rui) @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Gwazi Magnum @LuckycoolHawk9 (Kara)
@Stowaways

Cinder eyed Seisa carefully... Almost tempted to come up with something witty, but after a moment of consider, she instead shook her head, clearly not in the mood for talk.

On the other hand, Ben's more direct question got an answer, albeit a curt one.

4Zljpay.png

"I had some... Unfinished business here. And she was in my way..." She said, eyeing what was left of that woman that they had fought from earlier.

Seems like she completely ignored Ben's request for her to identify herself, perhaps preferring to keep her identity secret... With some degree of awareness that those she was currently in a vehicle with, were not from this universe.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee (Birdie) @Yang Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor) @Bomb
@Inner City

The soldier returned to Sidon somewhere after the battle cleared up, rolling her eyes.

"... Whatever! Battle's over." She muttered, shaking her head a little.

Then, she headed off again, presumably to tend to the injured and such. Though really, the gun wasn't THAT hard to figure out; it was simply a matter of aiming and pulling the trigger.

Mid-Round Update

u3NXWSv.png

As the battles around Beacon were beginning to conclude, with the main threats taken care of... A battered, but apparently quite functional fleet of ships took to the skies, and with its extra firepower, whatever was left of the titan hordes were soon eliminated, and for the time being? Order was restored to Vale.

However, in the wake of this mysterious titan incursion, there were numerous casualties, and enormous damage to portions of the city... But in the end, the battle was over, for now.

As the four groups, returned after their respective victories... They found themselves with more questions than answers, as all things considered, it still remained a mystery why three individuals had been found within the napes of the Female Titan, the Colossal Titan, and the Armored Titan respectively (in the case of the Female Titan, this was discovered by a few soldiers who were on the scene). On account of them being unconscious though, they were for the time being, held in a medical center, amongst others.

For the time being though, order had been restored to Vale, which meant that the fighting was officially over, and everyone was eventually gathered in the inner city, with multiple airships already rushing in and out of the area... Transporting civilians, and injured, along with multiple soldiers and machines alike to and fro. Though, if one were to listen closely, they would notice that the radios were broadcasting nothing but static... Huh...

In the meantime, Cinder seemed to have mysteriously vanished into the crowds not long after she left the vehicle which brought her to the Inner City.

Though as everyone was gathered together, it became apparent that Tsukiko was missing! Evidently having disappeared sometime during the Colloseum Battle. With any luck though, she might return... Like Togami, as neither of them were killed, as far as everyone knew.

Eventually, Blake, the mysterious black haired girl, with a matching bow on her head, motioned those who had been transported here through that timegate to follow her, along with the rest of her team, composed of Ruby, Weiss, and Yang. The first of which appeared to have recovered a little, but still a bit wobbly on her feet, and clearly not in a state to fight.

While it was uncertain if team RWBY would follow suit with the others, Blake eventually lead everyone that had been transported to this place towards a more secluded area... Clearly intending to keep what she was about to say away from any prying ears outside of those she intended to talk to.

hePbWwS.png

"I'm... Sure alot of you are wondering why you're here..." She began, pausing a little as she scanned those gathered around her, to see if she could spot Weiss amongst the crowd.

"But first... I should tell you this; I'm not Blake, but... I have... Borrowed her body..." She said, lowering her voice a little.

There was an awkward pause as she let this bombshell sink in, evidently aware that this would raise more questions, questions that would hopefully be answered in what she was going to say next.

"I am but one... Of many, sent to help you on your journey, to the source of this... Mess..." She explained, running a hand through her hair. Whatever had caused all this insanity, didn't seem to sit well with her.

"You may already know... That each place. Like this one, has a timegate, and hold a trigger, which you need to activate it." She said, her eyes falling on the mysterious device Ben was carrying by chance. It had stopped glowing blue, for the moment.
zPG5aYy.jpg
"Yet... I came to realize that the force behind this... Has sent minions to protect these triggers... And... While they are in possession of them, they gain the ability to influence the world around them. Bending space and time, warping reality... Swapping... Elements with neighboring dimensions, like those titans you fought and... So on..." She said, sighing a little.

Evidently, one of these minions she was referring to, must have been that woman that the stowaways on Cinder's ship encountered, which made it clear what that device that Ben had picked up was for...

It looked like she wanted to say more, but seemed to decide agaist it upon noticing something as her eyes scanned through the group, a look of worry quickly emerging on her face.

"... Dio... Where's Dio Brando?" She asked, her eyes darting around frantically.

Looks like Dio was missing! However, unlike Tsukiko, or Togame, Dio hadn't been lost amidst the commotion or during an instance of interdimensional travel, and perhaps... He hadn't quite vanished entirely without a trace, as Blake's eyes suddenly fell upon a large plume of black smoke in the distance.

Seeming to go pale all of a sudden, Blake, without another word, suddenly headed towards the plume of smoke, quickly motioning for the others to follow, cutting her exposition short for the time being.

Arriving there, it seemed that they were in a more isolated part of the city, not too far off of where the Cinder, and those that had stowed away on her ship had fought that mysterious figure.

Soon, the source of the smoke plume became quite clear though; there were at least six large corpses of what once could assume to have once been screecher titans, but Blake appeared to be focused on something else... And as everyone drew closer and closer, they would soon discover exactly what it was; the battered body of Dio Brando lay just a few feet away from the somewhat fresh corpses of those screecher titans.

While it was a little difficult to determine specifics about his injuries from a distance, it was at least evident that there was a crudely crafted wooden stake jutting out of his chest.

Eventually, Blake seemed to find her voice, finally speaking up, in light of the situation at hand.

"It was as I feared... ... There are pawns of the one behind this amongst us... Harbingers of Chaos." She said solemly, eyeing the group as a whole.

Eventually, she turned herself from the scene, realizing what she had to do, though it looked like she didn't look happy about it at all.

"I... Have the ability to transport some of you to a place where they can not harm anyone... And where their role in this place, will be revealed to us." She said, but she sighed a little.

"But... I can only do this to one or two people... So... I'm afraid we'll have to put this up for a vote."

Blake looked towards Dio's corpse one last time before she turned to the group again.

"Whoever gets the most votes, will be transported by me... And we can only hope... That they are Harbinger..." She added, a downtrodden look crossing her face.

Looks like it might be a good idea to do some investigating in order to figure out who the culprit(s) behind Dio's murder might be...

(OOC Note: Okay! So, basically... Votes are done ICly, but one can change their vote at any time, but each player (of course, assuming that their character is alive) only vote for one character (or duo) that they suspect of being the killer the most, and the character(s) with the most votes will then be "transported" to the "afterlife" >.< and from there, whatever role they have will be revealed... And by extension, whether or not they were innocent in the matter.)

Cast:
Yoichi Saotome from Owari No Seraph, and Link from LoZ: BotW played by @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Character(s) Status: Alive Role: Unknown

Wes, and Rui from Pokemon Colesseum played by @Midnight Maiden

Tsukiko (Moonchild), OC played by @Voidwarrior
Character(s) Status: MIA (Went missing in the Colloseum!) Role: Unknown

Laura from Logan played by @C.T.

Sidon from LoZ: BotW played by @Bomb

Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat played by @The Myrmidon

A2 from NieR: Automata played by @Gummi Bunnies

Mipha from LoZ: BotW played by @Mason Moretti

Birdie and Noembelu from Street Fighter played by @Yun Lee

Blaze the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics) played by @Archmage Jeremiah

Shichika Yasuri (α) from Katanagatari played by @Verite

Dorian Pavus from Dragon Age played by @Atomyk

Rosa Joanna Farrell from Final Fantasy IV played by @Minerva

Seisa Mikagura from Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku played by @Kaykay

Ben Tennyson from Ben 10, and Eevee from Pokemon played by @Crow

Connor Walsh from How to Get Away with Murder and Kara Danvers from Supergirl played by @LuckycoolHawk9

Eygon of Carim from Dark Souls III played by @Otto

Giorno Giovanna from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure played by @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Sonic the Hedgehog from Sonic the Hedgehog played by @thatguyinthestore

Shichika Yasuri (β) and Houou Maniwa from Katanagatari played by @Sen

Shion from No. 6 (AU), and Jason Dean from Heathers the Musical played by @Takumi

Togame from Katanagatari played by @Hana
Character(s) Status: MIA (Lost In A Time Gate!) Role: Unknown

Clemont from Pokemon X and Y played by @Lissamel

Deadpool from Deadpool (The Movie) played by @Gwazi Magnum

James Howlett from Marvel Comics (Earth 12025), and Danielle Cage from Marvel Comics (Earth 15061) played by @Jeremi

Alexandra Kalomoira (The Huntress), OC (DC Alt. Universe) played by @Gands

Guido Mista from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure played by @penguin055

Selene from Marvel Comics played by @Josh M

Aleksandra Zaryanova (Zarya) from Overwatch played by @Nater Taters

Wheatley from Portal 2 played by @Yang Lee

Constanza Richards from The Disunited States of America (OC) played by @Krieg

Lord Ghirahim from LoZ: The Skyward Sword played by @AkiryaFudo

Chara Dreemurr (Chestnut) from Undertale (AU/OCish thing) played by @Fallen Hope

Azuma Shinonome from Sekaioni played by @MetalNova

Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure played by @BarrenThin
Character(s) Status: Deceased! Role: Vagrant
Ben figured that she'd prefer to be vague, so he kept quiet as well, aware that he couldn't extract anything else from her.

"Wait, where'd the lady go?" Ben frantically looked about, before he was greeted with more pressing matters.

Ben displayed the device.

aSm4Ov2.jpg

"So, this is like that necklace Buddy saw."

"Skree-ee-ee!" Buddy nods.

"OK, we've got our key, so where's the lock?"

Before he could get an answer, something was noticed.​

GZqJVii.jpg

"This can't be happening... I can't let this happen again..." Ben was a little shocked, before his face displayed mild anger. "These Harbringers intend to take the lives of others, and I won't allow that."

Ben looks at the stake jutting out from Dio's body.

"Just like one of those vampire movies. Well, I've been a vampire before, kinda... so if I didn't know any better, Dio must've gotten a little craving, so he was lured here by the fresh energy of these guys," Ben points to the corpses that were once Titans. "I'm guessing the Harbringers put these guys as bait, and Dio's the fish."

Ben then turns to Buddy, "Buddy, you look for clues that way."

"Skree-ee-ee!" Buddy nods as he begins to sniff about, attempting to sniff any clues out.

"On the other hand, I think Wildmutt should be able to sniff things out," Ben says as he dials his Omnitrix, allowing for transformation to occur. His ribcage began to expand, and his hairline reduced. In a mere matter of a single second and a flash of green light...

6w7PK64.jpg

"Raaaaaurrrgghh- hold on a minute, this is not Wildmutt..." the being that took Ben's plac, looks at his hands, noticing how physically human they appear. "Who might this individual be, anyways? He feels like a heavy hitter... and I do not believe that he can- oh wait, nevermind."

Ben's new form activates his X-ray Vision, in an effort to visualise what could not be seen on the surface. He slightly hovers off the ground while doing so.

"This individual flies too? Fascinating. I wonder what I should name him- wait, no, this is not the right time to think about such matters... I need to investigate before others suffer the same fate. I think I'm hearing things..."

Ben's new form unknowingly activates some form of super hearing, causing him to hear faraway or soft things he cannot usually hear.

Ben's new form accidentally releases green-hued lasers from his eyes into the sky, which halt when he covers his eyes. "I ought to have better control of this new alien... perhaps he is a little too powerful for an investigation. Wait a minute, did I not scan him recently?"

With a sigh, Ben's new form breathes a small cloud of frost, which form a handful of snowflakes.

"Alright, just what kind of alien is this? Laserbeams, snowflakes, X-ray vision, flying, that is a lot of powers- wait, no, focus Ben, lives are actually on the line... focus and relax..."

Kara might be sweating right now.
rsz_tumblr_neus36bkxg1sa0t1qo1_500_by_teh_zombish-db79lli.png

The bright, shimmering lights raining from the ceiling made Rui raise her eyes, observing in awe with a smile slowly forming as the things came down, objectively healing her minor scrapes, along with the others' wounds. Slowly bringing her gaze back down to the Pokemon, she smiled at him, planting a quick kiss on his forehead and petting him gently, replying to Ben just before this. "Mhmm, that would be Wish. It's a move that heals a Pokemon's allies in battle, typically taking a bit of time before it's effects kick in," she explained before speaking to Buddy. "Thank you, sweetie. Here..." she muttered, briefly drawing her hand back to reach into her pack before producing a treat intended for the Eevee. "For you. Thank you for the help," she hummed, only to realize she was being gazed at by Espeon. Smiling wider, she drew out another treat, handing it to the other Pokemon. "And since you were so good, too." Pausing and glancing to Giorno, she pursed her lips, still looking concerned despite her earlier upset with him. "...Are you feeling better now? What happened, anyways?" Soon after, they had arrived at their destination, only for Rui to pause.

"..."

Looking around fleetingly, Rui bit her lip, worry seeming to cross her face. "...Where did the lady from before go?" Y'know. The one that was on fire and shit. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time to think about this or look for the missing party, the whole group lead away by the familiar young ravenette from earlier with the rather adorable bow. She seemed to be about Rui's age, perhaps slightly younger. And speaking of people her age, where was--

rsz_f451b521f6be45bdca6403f7f05fefb4eb1cdc7c_hq_by_teh_zombish-db6isci.jpg

"..." There was complete silence as a familiar figure joined the crowd, placing a hand on Rui's shoulder from behind her, having called his Noctowl to return and thus otherwise alone. After all, he had not bothered to interact with the others at the Outskirts, only having fought savagely against the titans. But now that the fighting was over, looked like it was reunion time, though he didn't bother speaking through his gesture. Of course, that didn't end exactly... well, after all that had transpired, Rui nearly jumping out of her socks as the sudden, firm contact.

"A-ahhhh!"

Letting out the initial sound of astonishment, Rui jumped forward, away from Wes, before whirling to face him with a terrified expression... That, upon noticing who he was, quickly morphed into one of aggravation. "Wh-what the heck, Wes?! Couldn't you just have said you were there?? Goodness! You have no manners!" she rambled out of pure nerves, having been slightly more jumpy since her kidnapping experience. Not to mention, well, she had witnessed the death of a woman not that long ago now. But luckily for Wes, the redhead's expression softened slightly as she noted a handful of scratches and bruises littering Wes's form, one particularly large gash on his face. Which rather quickly led to a concerned inquiry. "...Wes, are you alright...? What happened out there? Who--"

Cutting Rui off abruptly, Wes spoke, promptly calling Solis back into her Pokeball as he did so. "I'm fine. Relax," he muttered, coolly as ever. There was a pause before, almost reluctantly, he spoke again. "...You?" It was a simple, seemingly distant inquiry as Wes averted his gaze, but it made Rui smile, however faint. Ah. Right. It was moments like these that she was reminded that no matter how harsh or cold or distant he acted, outwardly, he really did care. Especially in moments like these where he tried so desperately not to show it.

tumblr_inline_mw7zw5zrc91s4w72q_by_teh_zombish-db2nkjk.png

"...I'm fine."

With his question answered, Wes only nodded, both of the pair turning their attentions to Blake to hear out what she had to say. While Wes didn't seem to react visibly, or even care an ounce about what the female was saying, Rui seemed appalled. Harbingers of Chaos? Possessed girls? Minions protecting some sort of doomsday triggers? It was all just a bitttt much for her. Despite, she did her best to keep up-- doing so better, literally, when the group went on the run to find Dio. Thankfully, while she wasn't familiar with this magic business, she was a damn good runner.

Unfortunately, there was nothing good about what that running led them to.

"I... Wha...-?" Rui's eyes widened with terror at the sight of the corpse as she stammered, a small gasp being audible from the female as she turned her head from the scene, promptly burying her head in the nearest person's chest; which, at the time, happened to be Wes. She didn't mean to impose on their personal space, but she couldn't bear looking at the scene. Something that came with being raised with a relatively normal life, in a place that had been nice up until recently. Murder simply wasn't something she knew. But here... Here, a man had been savagely killed in a manner that had to have been extremely painful. She couldn't bear that. Not so suddenly like this. Despite her actions and the body before them, though, Rui's counterpart didn't so much as flinch. He didn't react at all, save for peering down at Rui as she threw herself against him with mild disinterest. It was annoying she'd done it, but he understood the reaction.

After all, he had seen his first person die, once. But he'd stopped caring about that long ago.

Reluctantly allowing the female to embrace him, Wes passively glanced at the corpse with narrowed golden eyes, trying to determine what he could about the death from this distance.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Investigation​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Noembelu listened to what Giorno had to say, wondering how he truly felt. After getting beaten down by that man, to put on such a stoic air, act as if nothing was wromg...it hit a bit too close to home. Nevertheless, something he said stood out to her.

"Are you saying someone strong enough to match Dio in power is among us?" Her interactions had been very limited, she really had no idea if that was even possible.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden

@york

@Investigation

Wherever Selene was, Giorno would briefly glare at her, then look back at Noembelu.

"We all come from different worlds, if I'm understanding this correctly. It's possible that there are people among us who are stronger than we could believe. People who do not conform to the same rules of reality."

"That's a very important point to keep in mind, if those people are proven to be Harbingers."

Giorno spoke calmly about the possibility of one of the group's stronger combatants being traitors, but it'd be untruthful to say he wasn't concerned. He would never let paranoia get the better of him, however, less he end up in the same psychological tank that the previous boss of Passione end up in. Much like in the beginning of this fiasco, Giorno would remind himself of his own strength and the strength of his trusted allies.

That's all anyone can do, really.

"I'm going to assume that everyone here, besides Mista and I, are not Stand users, but can see our Stands regardless. That makes this investigation much more difficult, as anyone here with enough speed could've been capable of besting The World."

"As Mista said, his Sex Pistols aren't capable of that kind of power. In it's current state, neither is my Gold Experience."

"...Besides, If I was the one responsible, you'd be able to tell very quickly."

Reactions: Takumi
Wherever Selene was, Giorno would briefly glare at her, then look back at Noembelu.

"We all come from different worlds, if I'm understanding this correctly. It's possible that there are people among us who are stronger than we could believe. People who do not conform to the same rules of reality."

"That's a very important point to keep in mind, if those people are proven to be Harbingers."

Giorno spoke calmly about the possibility of one of the group's stronger combatants being traitors, but it'd be untruthful to say he wasn't concerned. He would never let paranoia get the better of him, however, less he end up in the same psychological tank that the previous boss of Passione end up in. Much like in the beginning of this fiasco, Giorno would remind himself of his own strength and the strength of his trusted allies.

"I'm going to assume that everyone here, besides Mista and I, are not Stand users, but can see our Stands regardless. That makes this investigation much more difficult, as anyone here with enough speed could've been capable of besting The World."

"As Mista said, his Sex Pistols aren't capable of that kind of power. In it's current state, neither is my Gold Experience."

Noembelu nodded. "What you say makes sense. From what I saw of him, Dio was powerful." Why else would he remind her of... "But there is one thing. He went up against six of those shockwave creatures. I know not how long he took to defeat them, but those shockwaves could've weakened him enough. Considering how strong your father was...they may have seen an opportunity to take him out when normally they wouldn't be able to." Ugh, more words than she wanted to use. But this case was far too confusing. "Though, how the monsters got here...that's something else entirely."

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden

@york

@Investigation

Soon, the source of the smoke plume became quite clear though; there were at least six large corpses of what once could assume to have once been screecher titans, but Blake appeared to be focused on something else... And as everyone drew closer and closer, they would soon discover exactly what it was; the battered body of Dio Brando lay just a few feet away from the somewhat fresh corpses of those screecher titans.

While it was a little difficult to determine specifics about his injuries from a distance, it was at least evident that there was a crudely crafted wooden stake jutting out of his chest.
@Crow @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Unfortunately for Buddy, he was unable to really smell anything usefull, as there was a distinct stench of dead titans nearby. Ben's X-Ray vision however, reveals that Dio had multiple fractures on the front of his skull, where his face was, though he couldn't really hear anything notable.

Overall though, the body appeared to have a large amount of bruising on the facial region, accompanied by what looks like multiple slashes, in groups of three across various vital points on the body... Including the chest and the neck, and a few major arteries from the looks of things.

Of course, there was also that stake embedded in his chest, that looked to have been driven through his heart.

Birdie, on the other hand, was quick to notice that Dio did indeed have fangs... Like most vampires.

Noembelu in the meantime found nothing too crazy about the bodies of the screecher titans... Who had by this point, desintegrated mostly, minus their skeletons. However, it was noted that the skeletons of these screecher titans had multiple cracks and even breaks in their bone structure, like someone had repeatedly hit them numerous times in various spots of the body...​

Shion, having inspected the body a little closer might notice that the cuts on the body were angled a little weird, though they do seem to closely resembled claw marks nonetheless.

Also, there appeared to be a small portion of a nearby wooden beam that had fallen from one of the buildings missing... Huh.​
"I believe none of you understand what you're talking about."

A voice called from the back of the group, hearkening the investigators to instinctively look backwards towards it's source. In the brief silence he had conjured, the golden-haired boss would stand before a jury of criminals, heroes and lost wanderers led to this situation by fate. The boss took control of the conversation, silently walking forward with an air of boldness and serenity, moving from the side of Seisa and Shichika. He would calmly rest a hand on Mista's shoulder.

Giorno gave him the look. The 'Giorno Is Taking Care Of Things' look.

The look that indicates Mista should step back.

Whether or not his underboss would retreat, Giorno brushed past the other investigators and kneeled down next to the still-warm corpse of the man that was once his father. He began to speak, still examining the corpse without looking back at the group.

fa93c9c2e0e212eb3457ce61aa49451b.png

"Listen closely, because I won't repeat myself."

"It'd be best to listen, because I know this man better than any of you."

"In case any of you did not understand our confrontation earlier, this man...was my father. It would seem I was only given a short time to interact with him in this bizarre situation, but it was more than enough time for me to determine who exactly this man was...and what strength I had inherited from him. I even admired him to a small degree."

"I believe the term 'don't meet your heroes' comes to mind."

"You're not incorrect about who he was. I'd be lying if I said he didn't deserve this fate after everything I learned from him and his actions. In fact, I'm surprised no one has accused me of taking his life. I don't know if that means none of you were paying attention, or that some of you aren't as intelligent as I thought."

"Ahem, regardless."

"I'm not avenging my father for that very reason. He was a 'taker', so I suppose it's only fair I take his right of being avenged away from him."

"The only thing I'll give to my father in death...is the assurance that the power I've inherited from him will be used to destroy the Harbingers. That will be my resolve."

"Though, from the information I gathered with the help of my organization, I know that only a person of great innate power would be capable of killing my father. I knew he was some kind of...being beyond a human. A vampire wasn't my first guess, but it would make sense. His Stand, The World, had some kind of power regarding time. On top of that, it was a Stand of great power and speed...so, a person with similar power and speed, including great defensive capabilities would be the one to kill DIO."

"Consider who our culprit would be. I'll wait."

@Crow @Mason Moretti @york @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @penguin055 @Investigation

tumblr_opavr44Zqs1tbkg6vo1_1280.jpg

"I wanted you to tell me how this works..." Sidon said somewhat disappointed that he didn't get to learn how to fire a gun. but then again, maybe its for the best.

More importantly, a body had shown up. Even though Sidon hardly knew the person, he offered a silent prayer, then turn over to Mipha.

"Mipha, are you perhaps able to bring back this poor one?"

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @york @Investigation​

TrgW964.jpg

"What if that stake was a- hold on a minute..."

Mista's words seem to have given Ben an idea.

Ben's new form tried to recall if any of the areas the various parties have been to contain trees.

"Say, Blake, I believe you have called yourself, what are the nearest areas from here that possess some form of trees?" Ben's new form asks Blake. "I'll rush over to investigate."

If their current vicinity was one of these areas, Ben's new form would compare the stake with the wood from the decrepit town's trees.

@york

@Investigation

Noembelu nodded. "What you say makes sense. From what I saw of him, Dio was powerful." Why else would he remind her of... "But there is one thing. He went up against six of those shockwave creatures. I know not how long he took to defeat them, but those shockwaves could've weakened him enough. Considering how strong your father was...they may have seen an opportunity to take him out when normally they wouldn't be able to." Ugh, more words than she wanted to use. But this case was far too confusing. "Though, how the monsters got here...that's something else entirely."

@york

@Investigation

pPWDn2x.jpg

Mipha's expression spoiler into melancholy as she replied to her brother, "Unfortunately, I can not, Sidon. I can bring people back from the edge of death, but once their spirit has left their bodies, my power is unable to work."

"Although I was restored to a physical body, even after my own death, once we were teleported here..." she thought to herself.

"If there is a way for me to conquer death by my magic, it isn't one that I have found to work consciously."

@Bomb

To Ben, she mentioned, "I don't think a tree is precisely the origin of the crude weapon. Although I've known Link to, from time to tine, improvise a branch as a weapon, it seems far too weak for the task of stabbing. Rather, I believe the source of the weapon would be the much closer beams of wood from the collapsed building. They certainly seem sturdier."
@Crow

However, the conversation around the victim's son, Giorno, caught Mipha's attention the most.

D7O3ZHa.jpg

"If I may ask, what powers exactly did 'The World's give your father? Sometimes, it does not take an equal match in power to take down a foe. In some cases, all it takes is bypassing their defense. I don't see an option for someone to simply overpower your father, but I do see which of us are clever enough to disable The World."
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

Chara, upon seeing the two girls figured they'd go and see if they're alright. Before they could do that, however, they looked up as they noticed a fleet of ships in the sky.

[insert slight time-skip]

Afterwards, they rejoined the others as they were all gathered in the inner city, and followed Blake after she motioned to everyone to follow her, listening very intently to what she had to say. As "Blake" then called out an unfamiliar name and ran over to the plume of smoke, they followed her as she motioned everyone to follow.

"........."

They observed everyone as they all investigated the surrounding area and the dead body of...what was his name, Dio? They didn't really care. Looking off to the side, they noticed the blue hedgehog off on his own and decided to walk over to him and see what's up.

~~~~~~~~~

@thatguyinthestore

katana0247copy.jpg

"That wasn't what I meant by absolving yourself from your father's influence, Georgia-san."

Shichika was just there.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:

Shion, having inspected the body a little closer might notice that the cuts on the body were angled a little weird, though they do seem to closely resembled claw marks nonetheless.

Also, there appeared to be a small portion of a nearby wooden beam that had fallen from one of the buildings missing... Huh.​

pPWDn2x.jpg

Mipha's expression spoiler into melancholy as she replied to her brother, "Unfortunately, I can not, Sidon. I can bring people back from the edge of death, but once their spirit has left their bodies, my power is unable to work."

"Although I was restored to a physical body, even after my own death, once we were teleported here..." she thought to herself.

"If there is a way for me to conquer death by my magic, it isn't one that I have found to work consciously."

@Bomb

To Ben, she mentioned, "I don't think a tree is precisely the origin of the crude weapon. Although I've known Link to, from time to tine, improvise a branch as a weapon, it seems far too weak for the task of stabbing. Rather, I believe the source of the weapon would be the much closer beams of wood from the collapsed building. They certainly seem sturdier."
@Crow

However, the conversation around the victim's son, Giorno, caught Mipha's attention the most.

D7O3ZHa.jpg

"If I may ask, what powers exactly did 'The World's give your father? Sometimes, it does not take an equal match in power to take down a foe. In some cases, all it takes is bypassing their defense. I don't see an option for someone to simply overpower your father, but I do see which of us are clever enough to disable The World."
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

Qzmsc7C.jpg

"Thank you for the advice... uh..." Ben's new form asks Mipha, "what was your name again? Anyways, I believe that I should check that building out."

Ben's new form flies towards the supposed aforementioned collapsed building with the missing wood pillar in order to investigate it further. He used X-ray vision to see if anything noteworthy was under the rubble. If he did, he would use his vast strength to lift the rubble and unveil said object.

"A ribbon, a bowtie, a scarf - wait, no, those are too obvious hints. Come on, give me a lead... man am I bad at this."

@Mason Moretti @york

@INVESTIGATION​

@thatguyinthestore @Takumi (JD) @MarMar (Yang, NPC) @Midnight Maiden (Weiss, NPC) @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Fallen Hope
@Beacon Tower

Chara, following the source of that bright light, soon found a woozy looking Ruby, with Weiss by her side.

Eventually, Blake, the mysterious black haired girl, with a matching bow on her head, motioned those who had been transported here through that timegate to follow her, along with the rest of her team, composed of Ruby, Weiss, and Yang. The first of which appeared to have recovered a little, but still a bit wobbly on her feet, and clearly not in a state to fight.

While it was uncertain if team RWBY would follow suit with the others, Blake eventually lead everyone that had been transported to this place towards a more secluded area... Clearly intending to keep what she was about to say away from any prying ears outside of those she intended to talk to.

hePbWwS.png

"I'm... Sure alot of you are wondering why you're here..." She began, pausing a little as she scanned those gathered around her, to see if she could spot Weiss amongst the crowd.

"But first... I should tell you this; I'm not Blake, but... I have... Borrowed her body..." She said, lowering her voice a little.

There was an awkward pause as she let this bombshell sink in, evidently aware that this would raise more questions, questions that would hopefully be answered in what she was going to say next.

"I am but one... Of many, sent to help you on your journey, to the source of this... Mess..." She explained, running a hand through her hair. Whatever had caused all this insanity, didn't seem to sit well with her.

"You may already know... That each place. Like this one, has a timegate, and hold a trigger, which you need to activate it." She said, her eyes falling on the mysterious device Ben was carrying by chance. It had stopped glowing blue, for the moment.
zPG5aYy.jpg
"Yet... I came to realize that the force behind this... Has sent minions to protect these triggers... And... While they are in possession of them, they gain the ability to influence the world around them. Bending space and time, warping reality... Swapping... Elements with neighboring dimensions, like those titans you fought and... So on..." She said, sighing a little.

Evidently, one of these minions she was referring to, must have been that woman that the stowaways on Cinder's ship encountered, which made it clear what that device that Ben had picked up was for...

It looked like she wanted to say more, but seemed to decide agaist it upon noticing something as her eyes scanned through the group, a look of worry quickly emerging on her face.

"... Dio... Where's Dio Brando?" She asked, her eyes darting around frantically.

Looks like Dio was missing! However, unlike Tsukiko, or Togame, Dio hadn't been lost amidst the commotion or during an instance of interdimensional travel, and perhaps... He hadn't quite vanished entirely without a trace, as Blake's eyes suddenly fell upon a large plume of black smoke in the distance.

Seeming to go pale all of a sudden, Blake, without another word, suddenly headed towards the plume of smoke, quickly motioning for the others to follow, cutting her exposition short for the time being.

Arriving there, it seemed that they were in a more isolated part of the city, not too far off of where the Cinder, and those that had stowed away on her ship had fought that mysterious figure.

Eventually, Blake seemed to find her voice, finally speaking up, in light of the situation at hand.

"It was as I feared... ... There are pawns of the one behind this amongst us... Harbingers of Chaos." She said solemly, eyeing the group as a whole.

Eventually, she turned herself from the scene, realizing what she had to do, though it looked like she didn't look happy about it at all.

"I... Have the ability to transport some of you to a place where they can not harm anyone... And where their role in this place, will be revealed to us." She said, but she sighed a little.

"But... I can only do this to one or two people... So... I'm afraid we'll have to put this up for a vote."

Blake looked towards Dio's corpse one last time before she turned to the group again.

"Whoever gets the most votes, will be transported by me... And we can only hope... That they are Harbinger..." She added, a downtrodden look crossing her face.

Looks like it might be a good idea to do some investigating in order to figure out who the culprit(s) behind Dio's murder might be...​
Please be okay. Please be okay. Please...

The same thought replayed in Weiss's mind over and over, as though it were a scratched record that could only manage a few of the same lines on repeat. Blake and Yang were in the midst of battle when it happened-- or, Yang was. Blake... What on Earth she was doing was beyond Weiss. And even if it weren't, she couldn't bring herself to think about it. All she knew was that she was lone in her handling of Ruby, a tidal wave of emotions crashing into her at the sight of her teammate limp in her arms. But the heiress did her best to shake it off, swallowing hard as she reminded herself that the female was breathing. It was alright. Everything was alright.

"You're going to be okay."

It was uttered softly, but firmly. Though, the words were partially in hopes of reassuring herself; possibly more than Ruby, considering the girl was still unconscious. Regardless of who the words were meant for, Weiss took them in for herself, nodding affirmatively to herself and getting ready to lift Ruby into her arms, intending to carry the girl since she was unconscious. Only, just as Weiss lifted her into her arms in a bridal carry, getting to her feet? The female awoke, leading Weiss to pause, looking down with an expression that was in-between surprise, sheepishness, and, most of all? Relief.

kUzQx.png

"..."

At first, the heiress was silent, only staring at her leader with mixed emotion for a long few moments... Before she abruptly squeezed the girl in her arms tighter, eyes squeezing shut with pure, unadulterated joy. "Ruby!" There was a pause as she just held the girl, only to realize what she was doing. In an instant, with obvious embarrassment and brief tenseness, she abruptly scrambled to set Ruby down and, upon making sure that the girl was steady on her feet, crossed her arms and stared her down. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?" she asked in a slightly snappy tone, though it was laced more with sadness and worry than anger. "I don't know what that was, but if you had come out any worse than you did, Ruby Rose, I--..." she began, as though scolding the girl or preparing to threaten her with what she would have done if she had been truly hurt.

But she didn't.

For reasons beyond her, Weiss cut herself short, merely wrapping her arms around the female, uttering a soft request in place of her prior scolding.

32_by_teh_zombish-db5kw18.png

"...Just be careful. Please."

With that request murmured, Weiss pulled back, instead moving to Ruby's side and placing the other girl's arm over her own shoulder to offer her support. "...Now come along. Clearly you need support, and we need to get out of here." Weiss didn't think she could handle any further injury to her team. She didn't want to even consider the thought of something happening to Blake or Yang in addition to this. That said, where she had briefly been softer with Ruby, she now held her typical resolve and coolness as she turned her head, calling out to her teammates. "Yang! Blake! We need to move!"

And move, they did, heading back to the city and promptly finding themselves lead away by her own teammate. Making sure she took care to help Ruby as long as she still needed it, Weiss followed, hoping that she'd finally receive the explanation she had been itching for since this entire thing began. Something had been up with Blake, and she damn well intended to find out what. Especially if it was so important as to leave their unconscious and defenseless leader in the wake.

Though, she could not say that she was happy with the explanation when she got it, eyes going wide at the claims from the Faunus that, well... She wasn't a Faunus. Her stomach dropped at multiple things mentioned by the girl she had thought was her teammate; the fact that her friend was apparently possessed(was that even possible of a semblance?), the mention of some greater force being behind these odd, non-grimm monsters she had not even known existed... The harbingers. Clearly, there were much larger things at work here than the petty crimes of those like Torchwick, though honestly, the Titans had already given that much away. Allowing the female to finish, Weiss found a brief moment to step aside with her, speaking in a lower tone.

128_by_teh_zombish-db85g2n.png

"I suppose, regardless of our lack of knowledge of your integrity- should you even have any -, we have no choice but to help you. But allow me to clarify in advance; if any harm befalls any of my teammates at your hands, I will personally assure a price is paid," she stated. She couldn't handle the idea of something bad happening to another teammate. Even if it was for some seeming greater good. But, sighing, she continued. "In the meantime, however, you have our services. If what you say is true, then..." she shuddered briefly, horrified by the thought. The idea of people dying to such a thing.. Being murdered in cold blood, civilizations falling and more incidents like those earlier with the woman that had seemed like Ruby. Composing herself, she continued. "...I am certain I represent the entirety of team RWBY's opinions in saying that we would be happy to offer our services. Right, Ruby? Yang?" Seeking affirmation, Weiss looked to her teammates for their opinions.

Well, before they were forced to seek out DIO, who, much to Weiss's dismay, was dead. The heiress briefly held a saddened expression, recalling- in that moment -the many deaths she had seen or been aware of. The execution of family friends and board members of the Schnee Dust Company, those killed in such attacks as these, the deaths that took place amidst the Civil War... She had to shake her head to clear it, eyes closing as she worked to steel up her expression. "...Bla--" she cut herself off, briefly glancing at 'Blake' before correcting herself. "...our guest, is correct. Voting makes the most sense," she spoke. "I don't suppose any of you happen to possess strength enough to do such intense damage to his skull, or blades suited for lacerations akin to those littering him?"

She doubted anyone would step up, but worth a try.

In the meantime, she could be seen stealing glances at Ruby, still appearing heavily concerned and ready to assist her if she toppled.

@york @MarMar @Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigationahhh​

katana0247copy.jpg

"That wasn't what I meant by absolving yourself from your father's influence, Georgia-san."

Shichika was just there.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"...Perhaps you should smell him, at least."

Seisa crossed her arms and glanced at the body of the man called DIO. It was no bluff that someone was trying to kill them, then. She furrowed her brows before sighing and standing off to the side, letting everyone else try to do the detective work.

High school never taught her anything about crime scenes, after all.

@Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @whoever​

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden
@Investigation

The slash from Howlett's claws almost matched the ones made on the body... But something was... Off. It seems that the initial slashes on the body were a bit weirdly angled, and it looked like they were a bit crooked... Huh...

Even with the stench gone, thanks to Ben's's super breath, there didn't seem to be anything notable about the smells in the air.

Eventually, in his search to figure out the origins of that stake, Ben would not find any trees nearby. Instead though, he stumbled across a wooden beam with a piece of it missing... Debris from a collapsed building nearby that some of the group investigating may have stumbled across before.

Not just that, but upon closer inspection the stake looked to be very crudely crafted, as the sides were quite jagged by nature, evidently having been made in a hurry.

On the other hand, his x-ray vision revealed nothing else noteworthy about the scene, except maybe a piece of cloth with a big of a bloodstain on it nearby. It looks to have once been part of a flag that had been flying somewhere nearby.

"Weiss... I... You don't need to..." Ruby mumbled drowsily as she was carried by her teammate.

Fortunately though, this state of hers didn't last for too long, as her strength was slowly returning to her... And eventually, at some point throughout Blake's speech, she looked well enough to be put down, even if she needed support every so often.

As more and more was revealed, Ruby listened in curiously, trying to catch as much of it as she could, especially the details about Blake not being... Herself, and the whole deal with the Harbingers, and how they tied in to what was happening at Beacon. Though, throughout all this, she couldn't help but feel like whoever was... "Borrowing" Blake's body right now, was familiar to her.

Have they met somewhere? Perhaps in a murder game?

Alas, when the conversation was cut short thanks to the discovery of that plume of black smoke, followed by the body they stumbled across... She folllowed, a little unsteady on her feet. This... Did remind her a little of a murder game, with the strange arrival of various people from various dimensions here... And now, this talk about killers being amongst said group, and the prospect of investigating and voting.

In the process of the investigations however, Ruby blinked, stumbling a little as she headed over to the bodies of the titans, looking them over for a moment, as if she had just thought of something... Base off of what Weiss said.

KB5Skie.png

"Hey! Um... Weren't these screechers?..." She asked, looking over their remains.

Evidently, there was still traces of black goo that had a tendency to be found on the screecher titans, seeming to confirm this... "Blake" seemed to nod at this.

KQ0TVmT.png

"... These screechers are able to drain powers by distorting space and time... The work of the minion that protected that trigger no doubt..." She said, frowning a little, and the bow on her head appeared to droop a bit as she spoke...

Huh... Almost like she had ears hidden under there or something... Right?

Nonetheless, the presense of these screecher corpses would definitely explain why the screechers seemed to have lost this inherrant ability sometime after that strange woman the stowaways had fought not long after... But they clearly had retained the ability to do so just long enough to drain Dio of his powers...

Last edited:
@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden
@Investigation

Even with the stench gone, thanks to Buddy's super breath, there didn't seem to be anything notable about the smells in the air.

The slash from Howlett's claws almost matched the ones made on the body... But something was... Off. It seems that the initial slashes on the body were a bit weirdly angled, and it looked like they were a bit crooked... Huh...

Ben in the meantime, would also not find any trees nearby, but instead, stumbled across a wooden beam with a piece of it missing... Debris from a collapsed building nearby that some of the group investigating may have stumbled across before.

Not just that, but upon closer inspection the stake looked to be very crudely crafted, as the sides were quite jagged by nature, evidently having been made in a hurry.

On the other hand, his x-ray vision revealed nothing else noteworthy about the scene, except maybe a piece of cloth with a big of a bloodstain on it nearby. It looks to have once been part of a flag that had been flying somewhere nearby.

tJQrNyA.jpg

"Well, this is just great," Ben sighs in a sarcastic manner, picking the bloodstained piece of cloth up. "I just hope that this isn't a wild goose chase."

Ben decides to cross-reference and match it with the aforementioned nearby flag, simultaneously seeing if there was anything up with the flag or its pole.

Using super-hearing, he'd listen to the conversations held by the current party.

"Hey guys!" Ben exclaims, "maybe there is someone present with identical powers to a current suspect or two. It happened to me thrice in the past, and they sure were convincing," the last word had a slight tint of sarcasm. "Perhaps the real culprit is not very experienced with his own powers, based on the jaggedy mannerisms."​

Chara, upon seeing the two girls figured they'd go and see if they're alright. Before they could do that, however, they looked up as they noticed a fleet of ships in the sky.

[insert slight time-skip]

Afterwards, they rejoined the others as they were all gathered in the inner city, and followed Blake after she motioned to everyone to follow her, listening very intently to what she had to say. As "Blake" then called out an unfamiliar name and ran over to the plume of smoke, they followed her as she motioned everyone to follow.

"........."

They observed everyone as they all investigated the surrounding area and the dead body of...what was his name, Dio? They didn't really care. Looking off to the side, they noticed the blue hedgehog off on his own and decided to walk over to him and see what's up.

~~~~~~~~~

@thatguyinthestore
Sonic had been leaning against a nearby tree with his arms crossed, trapped in his own thoughts.

How could I let this happen?

Why didn't I stop them?

I'm too slow...

While he was brooding, Sonic noticed two people approach him. The hedgehog cocked a brow and looked up at the two before flicking them a wave.

"Hey... what's up?"

@Fallen Hope

Last edited:
@Investigation

Even with the stench gone, thanks to Ben's's super breath, there didn't seem to be anything notable about the smells in the air.

Eventually, in his search to figure out the origins of that stake, Ben would not find any trees nearby. Instead though, he stumbled across a wooden beam with a piece of it missing... Debris from a collapsed building nearby that some of the group investigating may have stumbled across before.

"Weiss... I... You don't need to..." Ruby mumbled drowsily as she was carried by her teammate.

Fortunately though, this state of hers didn't last for too long, as her strength was slowly returning to her... And eventually, at some point throughout Blake's speech, she looked well enough to be put down, even if she needed support every so often.

As more and more was revealed, Ruby listened in curiously, trying to catch as much of it as she could, especially the details about Blake not being... Herself, and the whole deal with the Harbingers, and how they tied in to what was happening at Beacon. Though, throughout all this, she couldn't help but feel like whoever was... "Borrowing" Blake's body right now, was familiar to her.

Alas, when the conversation was cut short thanks to the discovery of that plume of black smoke, followed by the body they stumbled across... She folllowed, a little unsteady on her feet. This... Did remind her a little of a murder game, with the strange arrival of various people from various dimensions here... And now, this talk about killers being amongst said group, and the prospect of investigating and voting.

In the process of the investigations however, Ruby blinked, stumbling a little as she headed over to the bodies of the titans, looking them over for a moment, as if she had just thought of something... Base off of what Weiss said.

KB5Skie.png

"Hey! Um... Weren't these screechers?..." She asked, looking over their remains.

Evidently, there was still traces of black goo that had a tendency to be found on the screecher titans, seeming to confirm this... "Blake" seemed to nod at this.

KQ0TVmT.png

"... These screechers are able to drain powers by distorting space and time... The work of the minion that protected that trigger no doubt..." She said, frowning a little, and the bow on her head appeared to droop a bit as she spoke...

Nonetheless, the presense of these screecher corpses would definitely explain why the screechers seemed to have lost this inherrant ability sometime after that strange woman the stowaways had fought not long after... But they clearly had retained the ability to do so just long enough to drain Dio of his powers...

tJQrNyA.jpg

"Well, this is just great," Ben sighs in a sarcastic manner, picking the bloodstained piece of cloth up. "I just hope that this isn't a wild goose chase."

Ben decides to cross-reference and match it with the aforementioned nearby flag, simultaneously seeing if there was anything up with the flag or its pole.

Using super-hearing, he'd listen to the conversations held by the current party.

"Hey guys!" Ben exclaims, "maybe there is someone present with identical powers to a current suspect or two. It happened to me thrice in the past, and they sure were convincing," the last word had a slight tint of sarcasm. "Perhaps the real culprit is not very experienced with his own powers, based on the jaggedy mannerisms."​

"..." Noembelu finally glanced at the body, but could feel her breath catch in her throat as she did. Quickly looking over the slashes and stake, she hastily averted her gaze yet again.

"These markings and cuts are unprofessional. Whoever made them is inexperienced with the weapon they used."

Birdie snorted. "That, or scared shitless."

"What do you mean?"

"See how hasty that stake was made? How crooked them slashes are? Almost like whoever did the killin' ain't used to killin'."

"Clever observation."

"...you could've said that less surprised-like, ya know."

"..." Noembelu finally glanced at the body, but could feel her breath catch in her throat as she did. Quickly looking over the slashes and stake, she hastily averted her gaze yet again.

"These markings and cuts are unprofessional. Whoever made them is inexperienced with the weapon they used."

"What do you mean?"

"See how hasty that stake was made? How crooked them slashes are? Almost like whoever did the killin' ain't used to killin'."

"Clever observation."

"Perhaps... Whoever had killed him had only recently received their weapon. Someone who instantly gained Howlett's claws," Mipha added, peering suspiciously at Ben in his transformed state. She remembered the moment where Ben had explained that his device could scan creatures and copy their abilities.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @C.T.

@york

@Investigation​

@Investigation

KB5Skie.png

KQ0TVmT.png

tJQrNyA.jpg

"What do you mean?"

"Clever observation."

"Oh better yet, they aren't super precise to make it look like some other guy did it. Real sloppy work in my opinion."

A2 sighed as she made her observation clear to the others. Well, just because the person probably pre-mediated the kill, it couldn't really mean that this person was skilled enough to make it look like the work of another person.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @C.T.

@york

"Perhaps... Whoever had killed him had only recently received their weapon. Someone who instantly gained Howlett's claws," Mipha added, peering suspiciously at Ben in his transformed state. She remembered the moment where Ben had explained that his device could scan creatures and copy their abilities.

@Crow @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @C.T.

@york

@Investigation​

With his enhanced vision, Ben would notice Mipha's gaze.

"Uuhh... is there something you want to say?" Ben asked Mipha.

@Mason Moretti

"...Perhaps you should smell him, at least."
"I'd... rather not," Shichika pursed his lips, between Ben's super breath blowing everything in the air that he could have possibly used clues for, and... well, the smell of a corpse.

"Are you sure you don't want me to try it for you? I'm very thorough!"
"Uuhh... is there something you want to say?" Ben asked Mipha.​
"I think she thinks you did this."

@Kaykay @Crow

"I'd... rather not," Shichika pursed his lips, between Ben's super breath blowing everything in the air that he could have possibly used clues for, and... well, the smell of a corpse.

"Are you sure you don't want me to try it for you? I'm very thorough!"

"I think she thinks you did this."

@Kaykay @Crow

"Oh, I see," Ben replies. "If you think I'm using a new alien to do this..."​

Ben reverts back to his human form.

qVSiSmx.jpg

"... I guess I'll have to show you. Omnitrix, set selection to time acquired."

A holographic, greenish projection of a fiery being appeared on the Omnitrix. After being left to settle, some text-based information started to appear alongside the hologram...

Codename: Heatblast
Species: Pyronite
Homeworld: Pyros

Pyronites are a humanoid species from the planet-like star, Pyros. Pyronites have outer coverings of rock and magma, and have temperatures of up to.... Read more

"This is the first alien I've ever gotten and turned into, Heatblast. If I turn the dial like this..."

He does as he said he has, displaying a hologram of the bald, goggle-donning man he had most recently transformed into. After a second, information was displayed.

Codename: -
Species: -
Homeworld: -

No information available.

"... then I'll be able to see the alien I last acquired on my active playlist. Here's the second last."

A hologram of a fish-like being that was recognisable my Sidon, Mipha and Link appeared. Once more, it was accompanied by information.

Codename: -
Species: -
Homeworld: -

No information available.

"Omnitrix, reset to default settings... and besides, the Omnitrix can't register humans with superpowers as a brand new alien, as far as I know anyways. Kinda wish it could though. Plus, using a new form with claws shouldn't make me sloppy at slashing. I've had my fair share of scratchers before, I know lots about scratching. Have a look."

Ben shows parts of his arsenal as he scrolls through the dial, all displayed in hologram form.

"I've got Wildvine, Wildmutt, Ripjaws, Kickin Hawk, Blitzwolfer, Rath and Whampire. That's everyone with actual, usable claws anyways. I've been using Wildmutt, Wildvine, Ripjaws and Blitzwolfer when I was ten. Think any of these guys did it? If you asked me, I think Atomix, Clockwork and Alien X stand a chance against DIO, and would be my choices if I had to fight him. Atomix and Clockwork don't really scratch, and Alien X... it's best not to use him.

Besides, I have like three fire aliens including Heatblast. If it were me, why would I use claws against a vampire? And a wooden stake?"

@Crow @Verite @penguin055 @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @C.T.

@york

@Investigation​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.