• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiles paused when he heard that the Coalition had covered up a suicide at some hotel. He didn't know much about this event, but covering up a suicide was indeed a big deal. He was shocked, but he took a deeper breath. " Well, that is certainly a shocker... the way you obtained that is horrible. Both of these organizations are horrible, you are both lying- just like Scott did once,, that doesn't make any of you better than the other. If I may say, I think once we are all done here, we should CUT all ties with both of these organizations, form something we can trust," he said, turning to address everyone.

Scott watched and listened to what Stiles had to say. For once, he didn't disagree with his friends. It didn't matter that the UN and Coalition had the best intentions, their methods were both horrible. Protecting the multiverse was one thing, but hiding a suicide and using spies to find information. He didn't want to be a part of anyone who lies. " I agree with Stiles on them. Unless we know everything from these organizations, NO matter how horrible it is, we can't trust them," he said, adding his own two cent.

@Atomyk @Verite @Everyone @AbandoningtheCoalitionandUN

MGwWhZg.png

Shiki's eyes would practically shine a vibrant indigo, rather than gray like it usually was, at least when the boy had his mystic glasses on. He had since recovered from the momentary incapacitation resulted from observing something as abstract as Lois's winds, practically awakened by Wynne's words somehow, as though they'd resonated with him to an unhealthy degree. Perhaps one that would be regretted sooner or later down the line.

"A right to live without fear of destruction? If there's anyone you should fear, it's not her..."

SHHKT!

Tracing a line of death on Lois's currents with his thumb, the winds would instantly die off, freeing Shiki. Without wasting any time, he leapt to his feet and he'd swing his knife across the air, killing the magic that Wanda would throw, as Mason would predict. With that, he'd glare at those around him.

"It's me!"

The god of death glared specifically at Mason's way. Lois and Saber had gone out of his immediate range, his singular attention dulled by the killer instinct that overtook him. But... Perhaps there was something else that drove him to this madness, this blind urge to destroy...

y5SMPKV.png

"People going up in arms like chickens with their heads cut off over Ilona's power... How tiring."

But if everyone else was scared of something, or someone else...

"If you don't believe in the power behind these eyes, then just wait. Seeing is believing. Day and night, life and death... They're different sides of the same coin, but nevertheless, they'll never face each other. Everything has a death, an end. If I can visualize the death in my mind, I can kill anything. Even a god. The Serpent of Akasha. The Arch Demon of the Multiverse. Just behold... for my next magic trick, I'll make you disappear."

However, he would be given pause unexpectedly, despite the resolve behind his words, when Ruby would suddenly pop up in front of him. Though the girl was a mere three inches or so shorter than him, it almost felt like he'd towered over her form, looking down at her like the looming shadow of death over mortal coil. He clutched the knife in his hand tightly, his arm shaking like an unstable serial murderer.

"..."

Shiki struggled to lift his knife arm up, practically looking past her. It was difficult to ascertain what exact kind of effect her words had on him, but if it was enough to give him pause, then perhaps there was still some hope.

"I... have to do this. Get... out of my way!" He exclaimed, forcing himself to take another step forward in Ruby's direction. He didn't want to hurt the girl. Even though they didn't know each other too well, they were still acquaintances at the very least. She was a trusted ally back from when they'd fought the Arch Demon together. To bring her harm would... would just...

"If... If everyone's so scared of power vast enough to destroy the multiverse, then... it's not fair that Ilona would have to bear that burden. She never asked for this... So that's why I have to do this. I'll take the burden off her shoulders. Even if it means everyone will hate me, scorn me..."

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

And so, Ilona saw him for the first time...

zynVqIE.png

"N-No, that's exactly what I was afraid of!"

During her stay at the Coalition she had heard stories and even read some files concerning a rumored double personality Shiki seemed to possess. Now, however, she knew that it was real. He stood there before her eyes, now a dark, murderous god who was ready to kill whoever stood in his path. Ilona simply froze where she had been standing next to Mason, her eyes wide. It was one thing to read about something and another thing entirely to see it in person. He was truly a frightening sight to behold.

Some of the others faced Shiki and Lois even managed to trap him within a small prison of winds which he seemed unable to escape from at first. Shiki seethed with furry within his confines, looking like a caged monster with hatred in his eyes. Truthfully, Ilona had a hard time believing that this was even happening. This same person had been nothing but kind and gentle in her presence before, so she couldn't help but feel horrified by this change. She would've been lying to herself had she said it wasn't horrifying to her.

However, at the same time Ilona did understand it. Whatever this condition of his happened to be, surely it was a part of him just as her power was a part of her. And sometimes, powerful people lost control. It was something that couldn't be helped. So she didn't blame him for what was happening. All Ilona knew was that this fighting needed to be stopped before someone either became seriously hurt by Shiki, or would manage to somehow hurt him. Keeping him caged wouldn't solve the problem. Ilona felt as if someone needed to speak to him, get through to him, and help him calm down.

The princess took in a deep breath when she found herself correct. As she had figured, the young man wasn't contained by the winds for long. He ended them, escaping with a wild swing of his knife and a look of pure madness in his eyes. Ilona was terrified by the sight of him, especially when Ruby would step in and get in his way. Ilona felt her voice caught in her throat, wanting to scream at Ruby to move out of the way. Ilona didn't even want to imagine the sight of seeing one friend kill another friend right in front of her. But Shiki didn't strike at Ruby. He stood there for a moment, as if hesitating. With that small sliver of hesitation showing, Ilona couldn't help but feel he might stop this if someone calmed him down.

I have to do something. I-I have to at least try! He helped me before, so now it's my turn to at least TRY and help him! A-And the others too... I don't want to see anyone else get hurt!

While she had been frozen for a good majority of the time in which she witnessed this, Ilona swallowed a massive lump in the back of her throat and took one shaky step from her spot. When she did so, the girl dropped the lightning spear she had been holding, causing the weapon to fade from her hands. She then rushed over to where Shiki was, passing Ruby, and grabbed onto his arm, working to turn him towards her. "Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki, please..."

90i93xa.png

"...SHIKI, LOOK AT ME!"

Whether he would fight to pull away from her or not, Ilona would tug on his arm repeatedly until she would finally get his face to look at her, somehow, if even only for a second.

"Stop this right now and just listen to what I have to say to you!" she said in a firm voice before actually grabbing onto both of his arms with quivering hands and looking him directly in his eyes. Her voice became softer after she looked at him. "I don't want anymore violence, okay? No more killing, or hurting people over me. Shiki I-- ...ever since I was a girl I heard stories about all of the brave people my parents met during their times in the murder games. I was enthralled by those people they told me about, powerful, amazing individuals who survived great hardships and still went on to live after their horrors had ended. It must've taken people who were truly wonderful and courageous to go back to their daily lives after so much suffering. You were one of the few I heard about a lot. When I was a girl, lost and alone, I daydreamed about what it would be like to meet people like that. My life was so hard, but I always felt as if their lives must've been just as hard or maybe even harder. If they could go on living after wretched things had happened to them, surely I could afford to live my own life. They were my inspiration..."

"...you were my inspiration."

"And when I met you, I wasn't disappointed. You were everything I thought you would be and more. Seeing you for the first time was like seeing a character out of my childhood storybooks... but you were real. Just as I had thought, you are a source of great power and someone I admire a lot. You're so strong you could kill everyone in this room. But you know what, Shiki? You're also so strong that you have the control not to kill everyone in this room. I believe in you, and I trust you."

Ilona then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Please understand, you don't need to take my burdens off my shoulders by killing any of these people who defy me." Ilona rubbed his back gently, keeping her grip firm, even if it was shaky. "Don't you see? You've been helping me all this time, before I even knew you in fact. Just hearing about your story has always given me strength. And as for this burden I carry, you're already helping to take it off my shoulders too. You help me just by saying the things you do, by being around me, and understanding me. I've never met another who seems to understand me as we as you do. You'll never know how much it means to me. It means very much."

Through her chest, the young man would likely feel her heart racing wildly. The blonde's heart was so very out of control that it was even possible he could hear it. Ilona was actually terrified to put herself into the position she was in. Still yet, she wasn't going anywhere, even if her words had no effect on him or if he tried to push her away. She wasn't going to give up on him. After all, he had never really given up on her. He was doing this for her.

"So... Please calm down, Shiki. Please calm down," she whispered softly to him, still rubbing his back.

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight​
Ruby Rose

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

mrZDxZD.gif

Ruby hesitated at his words... She knew there was still the chance that Shiki might kill her, but, seeing his hesitation gave her just enough courage to continue to stand in Shiki's way.

"I can't! What you are proposing to do... Would only put both of you in the same place..." She said.

Her mind swirled with the thoughts of her uncle, and Jennifer, and who knows how many others, comatose... Helpless.

What had happened wasn't Ilona's fault... Umbrella must have had an agent kill Jill, to trigger all of this.

She had been perfectly stable until that point, which made her wonder if there was something else at play than just Jill's death, some other sort of stimulus they all hadn't factored in.

Even though she doubted her own position in the matter, there was no time for that.

"And... That's not what I want! Not for Ilona, and... And not for you too!" She shouted.

There was so much more Ruby wanted to say, but it wasn't quite coming through thanks to her clouded mind, but... Fortunately, by the time she had finished, Ilona had already intervened.

At this point, she realized there was little she could do to stop the girl, or to stop whatever Shiki might do next...

All she could hope for was that he would come back to his senses... For the sake of everyone in this room.

MGwWhZg.png

Shiki's eyes would practically shine a vibrant indigo, rather than gray like it usually was, at least when the boy had his mystic glasses on. He had since recovered from the momentary incapacitation resulted from observing something as abstract as Lois's winds, practically awakened by Wynne's words somehow, as though they'd resonated with him to an unhealthy degree. Perhaps one that would be regretted sooner or later down the line.

"A right to live without fear of destruction? If there's anyone you should fear, it's not her..."

SHHKT!

Tracing a line of death on Lois's currents with his thumb, the winds would instantly die off, freeing Shiki. Without wasting any time, he leapt to his feet and he'd swing his knife across the air, killing the magic that Wanda would throw, as Mason would predict. With that, he'd glare at those around him.

"It's me!"

The god of death glared specifically at Mason's way. Lois and Saber had gone out of his immediate range, his singular attention dulled by the killer instinct that overtook him. But... Perhaps there was something else that drove him to this madness, this blind urge to destroy...

y5SMPKV.png

"People going up in arms like chickens with their heads cut off over Ilona's power... How tiring."

"If you don't believe in the power behind these eyes, then just wait. Seeing is believing. Day and night, life and death... They're different sides of the same coin, but nevertheless, they'll never face each other. Everything has a death, an end. If I can visualize the death in my mind, I can kill anything. Even a god. The Serpent of Akasha. The Arch Demon of the Multiverse. Just behold... for my next magic trick, I'll make you disappear."

However, he would be given pause unexpectedly, despite the resolve behind his words, when Ruby would suddenly pop up in front of him. Though the girl was a mere three inches or so shorter than him, it almost felt like he'd towered over her form, looking down at her like the looming shadow of death over mortal coil. He clutched the knife in his hand tightly, his arm shaking like an unstable serial murderer.

"..."

Shiki struggled to lift his knife arm up, practically looking past her. It was difficult to ascertain what exact kind of effect her words had on him, but if it was enough to give him pause, then perhaps there was still some hope.

"I... have to do this. Get... out of my way!" He exclaimed, forcing himself to take another step forward in Ruby's direction. He didn't want to hurt the girl. Even though they didn't know each other too well, they were still acquaintances at the very least. She was a trusted ally back from when they'd fought the Arch Demon together. To bring her harm would... would just...

"If... If everyone's so scared of power vast enough to destroy the multiverse, then... it's not fair that Ilona would have to bear that burden. She never asked for this... So that's why I have to do this. I'll take the burden off her shoulders. Even if it means everyone will hate me, scorn me..."

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

Sakuya stepped in between the girl and the boy, not wanting to watch Shiki Tohno go on a rampage for any longer. This wasn't going anywhere, and would only serve to endanger everyone here, including herself and Remilia. Though she and the vampire were quite powerful, in a crowd this large and varied, she didn't want to test their luck in some terrible battle royale.

"Calm down, Shiki." She spoke strongly, dropping the honorific from his name. "To kill and destroy is easy. You can do it, I can do it, but tell me, what do you think it'll accomplish? Do you think you'll save Ilona like that? Do you think that if you kill everyone in this room, Ilona will be happy?"

The maid gripped one knife tightly in her hand, raising it and pointing it right between Shiki's eyes.

"You don't have to do this. Nothing has reached the point of no return. We can still talk about it, calmly, like civilized people. An ending where Ilona runs free because everyone else is dead. Is that what you think a girl like her would want?"

Though Sakuya had only traded greetings with the girl, what she had heard from her in passing was enough for her to get a grasp on her opinion of matters like this. How she cried to Shiki for him to stop, rambling on and on to try to convince him to stand down. She lowered her arm, dropping the knife to her side.

"She never asked for her power, that much is true. But tell me, when did she ask for you to destroy, to kill everyone?"

@Verite @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Takumi and Verite
Stiles paused when he heard that the Coalition had covered up a suicide at some hotel. He didn't know much about this event, but covering up a suicide was indeed a big deal. He was shocked, but he took a deeper breath. " Well, that is certainly a shocker... the way you obtained that is horrible. Both of these organizations are horrible, you are both lying- just like Scott did once,, that doesn't make any of you better than the other. If I may say, I think once we are all done here, we should CUT all ties with both of these organizations, form something we can trust," he said, turning to address everyone.

Scott watched and listened to what Stiles had to say. For once, he didn't disagree with his friends. It didn't matter that the UN and Coalition had the best intentions, their methods were both horrible. Protecting the multiverse was one thing, but hiding a suicide and using spies to find information. He didn't want to be a part of anyone who lies. " I agree with Stiles on them. Unless we know everything from these organizations, NO matter how horrible it is, we can't trust them," he said, adding his own two cent.

"You two idealism, while honorable, is naive. You act like you'd be able to do what most have failed.

Wynne stood firm as she looked at the young men.

"Every organization has secrets. It comes with the territory. If Cosmo and Makoto lied, they have had a good reason.

233b31b6975648e9929118523bc598e4.png

"Now now, those are some hasty accusations," Ocelot said, stifling a small chuckle, "Spy? Guilty as charged. But a traitor... Well, I can at least assure you that I'm not the traitor that's supposedly been lurking within the ranks of the Coalition. It isn't like the UN is working alongside Umbrella... unless of course, Secretary-General Aquilus has a secret that I'd have to investigate as well. Quite inconvenient, isn't it? So, so many secrets that have to be uncovered by saying more secrets. Telling lies to find the truth, as it were. A depressing irony indeed."

Ritsuko would purse her lips uncomfortably at Ocelot so easily revealing himself as her own little UN mole in the Coalition, and more than that, the position that she'd ended up in. As Lang had suggested, she'd put her arm down, but still wouldn't put away her gun, glaring strongly at Robin and the others in the area.

"Adults, huh? That's an easier said than done task when I'm surrounded by children, or people who would act like so. I've never acted without the best interests of the UN or the multiverse in mind. Everything that I do, everything that I've done, there's a method to that madness. I have my methods, and they work. I've gotten what I wanted from the Coalition, after all. Case in point..."

As Ritsuko would trail off, she would let Makoto and Kieran stammer about, confirming in front of everyone that she had cause and reason to be suspicious of the Coalition. The Captain-Commander had lost his will to go on, effectively broken, it seemed, and Makoto was reduced to a blubbering mess; she'd let Kirigiri let him have it. Her word seemed to be capable of cutting into him deeper than most other's.

Turning to Stiles, Ocelot would gesture towards the two leaders.

"To elaborate if you haven't caught on, I've managed to dig up that there have been a number of... interferences to the reports filed from the Coalition to the UN. Captain-Commander Kieran decided to make himself comfortable with making considerable changes to incident reports, perhaps most notably... covering up a girl's suicide after the Multiverse Hotel Incident. It's bad to keep secrets, after all. Of course, I suppose I'm no better, but..."

He simply shrugged.

kiri043.png

"..."

Meanwhile, Kyoko herself looked dumbfounded, almost genuinely wounded even, at the revelations that would make themselves be known. Usually, she had something to say about most things that came her way. But this... She almost felt betrayed by the thought that these people whom she trusted deeply would do something like this, let alone let something like that happen.

Confusion turned to shock, which turned to anger, or maybe it was even pain, as the lavender-haired woman looked at Makoto.

"I-I..."

However, everything she could even think to say, she couldn't bring it out. Was she confident that she wouldn't have done the same thing if someone out of her control like that had happened? No, she would have made sure to tell the truth, but even so... No, she placed his trust in him, she...

"I trusted you..."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @The Tactician @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @UN Drama

This day just keeps getting worse.

And worse.

And worse.

WBJfeMo.png

"What can I say? I'm speechless. Mainly because I've already said what I can. Everything up till now was a distraction. For all you know, we're all still being distracted and played like damn fiddles. How many layers is this, even? Are we distracted from a distraction by a distraction?

There's more to this, isn't there? Continue, please. I am listening."

He turns to his allies as he absorbs the situation in a most calm manner.

"So uh... any one of you want to flare up in sheer anger and give a little speech? I mean, someone has to now that Shizuo's gone."

He looks behind for a bit, to see Kyoko in utter shock and dismay.

"KirigiriKyoko.exe has stopped working, but my specs are far from an overheat," Kido comments. Should Makoto try to approach Kyoko, Kido would replicate his sister's signature glare right at Makoto and shake his head. It was most fear-inducing, even if it was bootlegged.

Kido then turns to Toboe and Cheza, the only UN pals he had left in here aside from Robin, then grins at them with a nod, before looking at his opponents once more with an aura of seriousness.

"To think that word of 'we allow practically anyone in' came to bite. What a twist. I think I'll give my two cents on the matter - it is true that the Coalition shouldn't have hidden the truth, but... a UN that justifies madness and underhanded ways? Is the peace and honesty that every world's intepretation of the UN promotes but an illusion, a lie? If this is the kind of UN I know, and the kind of person who has that much power over the UN, then Shizuo was right to leave. Politics are indeed a cruel web of lies and manipulation...

... Ritsuko Akagi, what is the safety of the multiverse to you? Tyranny? Force? The one-multiverse-rule that can only end in utter chaos? Your methods work, do they, truly?"

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Sen @Verite @Nater Taters @UN Drama

"You two idealism, while honorable, is naive. You act like you'd be able to do what most have failed.

"Every organization has secrets. It comes with the territory. If Cosmo and Makoto lied, they have had a good reason.
"Wynne is right," Lang responded. "Lang Zi says, 'A pack that runs together, stays together.' Everyone leaving over this is too extreme, as nice as it sounds to wash our hands of this all. Believe me, this pack is far from ideal-corrupted to hell on both sides, but it's the best chance we have to keep the Multiverse safe...though considering how today has gone, I'm amazed it's worked so well."

However, he would address one of Wynne's remarks. "Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you elsewhere. Organizations can be run without secrets. I had a group of men under my lead, and there was a sense of trust and loyalty between all of us. Each man was important, each man felt important, and the only spy in my ranks was from the mastermind behind a case I was investigating, NOT from an ally I thought I could trust. And do you know what happened when I took the law into my own hands due to my own good intentions? I was removed from leading those men. It was shameful, but in the end it had to be done."

He watched Makoto and Kieran break down, Ritsuko still believing she was totally in the right, and Ocelot reveal all the dirt he'd dug up. "If I had my way, I would lock all four of you up," Lang snarled. "Good intentions don't excuse actions, I can tell you that myself, and these actions are downright despicable. Locking up teenage girls unethically, covering up the suicide of another, and covering up Ilona's powers, then turning the discussion of the latter into a damned high school debate? What, do lives not carry any meaning to you? Those three lives you keep mentioning, Ocelot, as well as the others put in jeopardy today, those aren't Ilona's fault, they're the fault of the damn Coalition! You want justice, Ocelot, get it from them! Believe me, I want people to answer for what they've done, all this corruption is leaving me with a sick taste in my mouth. That being said..."

Taking a pause, Lang would continue, "You can follow Mister Shizuo and Mister Stiles and take your leave, and I won't blame you. Like I've said, this barely counts as a pack, deceit and mistrust overtaking unity and loyalty, it's disgusting! But, as we seem to forget today thanks to being so wrapped up in how much more evil the UN or Coalition is, we know the truth of the Multiverse and Murder Games, and all those dark goongs-on out there. I'll be sticking around, hopefully to make sure that this place can be salvaged." He remembered that illusion of his from Silent Earth, of an uncorrupted Zheng Fa, the House of Lang returned to its former glory. "I've worked my ass offtrying to undo what corrupt officials have tainted, I'm not afraid to do it again."

@Verite @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Minerva @The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Minerva @york @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Josh M
MGwWhZg.png

SHHKT!

"It's me!"

y5SMPKV.png

"..."

"SHIKI! Don't you dare try to hurt an innocent young girl! I understand you're busy being a god of death right now, but that's not an excuse to be an asshole!

"I can see into your heart. I know that you don't want to do this! I know you can fight it! However, if you give up on fighting the darkness, I will no longer hesitate to stop it myself! I'm sure my allies don't want to see me fight, nor do yours wish to see you fight, but I will do what I must to keep more people safe."

zynVqIE.png

During her stay at the Coalition she had heard stories and even read some files concerning a rumored double personality Shiki seemed to possess. Now, however, she knew that it was real. He stood there before her eyes, now a dark, murderous god who was ready to kill whoever stood in his path. Ilona simply froze where she had been standing next to Mason, her eyes wide. It was one thing to read about something and another thing entirely to see it in person. He was truly a frightening sight to behold.

Some of the others faced Shiki and Lois even managed to trap him within a small prison of winds which he seemed unable to escape from at first. Shiki seethed with furry within his confines, looking like a caged monster with hatred in his eyes. Truthfully, Ilona had a hard time believing that this was even happening. This same person had been nothing but kind and gentle in her presence before, so she couldn't help but feel horrified by this change. She would've been lying to herself had she said it wasn't horrifying to her.

However, at the same time Ilona did understand it. Whatever this condition of his happened to be, surely it was a part of him just as her power was a part of her. And sometimes, powerful people lost control. It was something that couldn't be helped. So she didn't blame him for what was happening. All Ilona knew was that this fighting needed to be stopped before someone either became seriously hurt by Shiki, or would manage to somehow hurt him. Keeping him caged wouldn't solve the problem. Ilona felt as if someone needed to speak to him, get through to him, and help him calm down.

The princess took in a deep breath when she found herself correct. As she had figured, the young man wasn't contained by the winds for long. He ended them, escaping with a wild swing of his knife and a look of pure madness in his eyes. Ilona was terrified by the sight of him, especially when Ruby would step in and get in his way. Ilona felt her voice caught in her throat, wanting to scream at Ruby to move out of the way. Ilona didn't even want to imagine the sight of seeing one friend kill another friend right in front of her. But Shiki didn't strike at Ruby. He stood there for a moment, as if hesitating. With that small sliver of hesitation showing, Ilona couldn't help but feel he might stop this if someone calmed him down.

I have to do something. I-I have to at least try! He helped me before, so now it's my turn to at least TRY and help him! A-And the others too... I don't want to see anyone else get hurt!

While she had been frozen for a good majority of the time in which she witnessed this, Ilona swallowed a massive lump in the back of her throat and took one shaky step from her spot. When she did so, the girl dropped the lightning spear she had been holding, causing the weapon to fade from her hands. She then rushed over to where Shiki was, passing Ruby, and grabbed onto his arm, working to turn him towards her. "Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki, please..."

90i93xa.png

"...SHIKI, LOOK AT ME!"

Whether he would fight to pull away from her or not, Ilona would tug on his arm repeatedly until she would finally get his face to look at her, somehow, if even only for a second.

"Stop this right now and just listen to what I have to say to you!" she said in a firm voice before actually grabbing onto both of his arms with quivering hands and looking him directly in his eyes. Her voice became softer after she looked at him. "I don't want anymore violence, okay? No more killing, or hurting people over me. Shiki I-- ...ever since I was a girl I heard stories about all of the brave people my parents met during their times in the murder games. I was enthralled by those people they told me about, powerful, amazing individuals who survived great hardships and still went on to live after their horrors had ended. It must've taken people who were truly wonderful and courageous to go back to their daily lives after so much suffering. You were one of the few I heard about a lot. When I was a girl, lost and alone, I daydreamed about what it would be like to meet people like that. My life was so hard, but I always felt as if their lives must've been just as hard or maybe even harder. If they could go on living after wretched things had happened to them, surely I could afford to live my own life. They were my inspiration..."

"And when I met you, I wasn't disappointed. You were everything I thought you would be and more. Seeing you for the first time was like seeing a character out of my childhood storybooks... but you were real. Just as I had thought, you are a source of great power and someone I admire a lot. You're so strong you could kill everyone in this room. But you know what, Shiki? You're also so strong that you have the control not to kill everyone in this room. I believe in you, and I trust you."

Ilona then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Please understand, you don't need to take my burdens off my shoulders by killing any of these people who defy me." Ilona rubbed his back gently, keeping her grip firm, even if it was shaky. "Don't you see? You've been helping me all this time, before I even knew you in fact. Just hearing about your story has always given me strength. And as for this burden I carry, you're already helping to take it off my shoulders too. You help me just by saying the things you do, by being around me, and understanding me. I've never met another who seems to understand me as we as you do. You'll never know how much it means to me. It means very much."

Through her chest, the young man would likely feel her heart racing wildly. The blonde's heart was so very out of control that it was even possible he could hear it. Ilona was actually terrified to put herself into the position she was in. Still yet, she wasn't going anywhere, even if her words had no effect on him or if he tried to push her away. She wasn't going to give up on him. After all, he had never really given up on her. He was doing this for her.

"So... Please calm down, Shiki. Please calm down," she whispered softly to him, still rubbing his back.

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight​

Ruby Rose

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

mrZDxZD.gif

Ruby hesitated at his words... She knew there was still the chance that Shiki might kill her, but, seeing his hesitation gave her just enough courage to continue to stand in Shiki's way.

"I can't! What you are proposing to do... Would only put both of you in the same place..." She said.

Her mind swirled with the thoughts of her uncle, and Jennifer, and who knows how many others, comatose... Helpless.

What had happened wasn't Ilona's fault... Umbrella must have had an agent kill Jill, to trigger all of this.

She had been perfectly stable until that point, which made her wonder if there was something else at play than just Jill's death, some other sort of stimulus they all hadn't factored in.

Even though she doubted her own position in the matter, there was no time for that.

"And... That's not what I want! Not for Ilona, and... And not for you too!" She shouted.

There was so much more Ruby wanted to say, but it wasn't quite coming through thanks to her clouded mind, but... Fortunately, by the time she had finished, Ilona had already intervened.

At this point, she realized there was little she could do to stop the girl, or to stop whatever Shiki might do next...

All she could hope for was that he would come back to his senses... For the sake of everyone in this room.
Mason effortlessly lifted Ruby of the ground and sets her down behind him, which put himself between her and Shiki. He looked Ruby in the eyes, his face partially hidden by the Deus Armor, and said, "I appreciate the help, Ruby, but if you're not prepared for fight or flight, this may not be the safest place for you. Do me a favor and make sure people step back from Shiki. Ilona may be enough to tame the beast, but if not, we don't need him feeling caged. Wild animals tend to fight back more when caged."

He turned back towards Shiki and stared him down. "Listen to what Madame Ilona says, Sir Shiki. Whatever you think will come about from this display of savagery isn't what you'll actually get. You won't take away her burden, you'll add to it as well as your own. The way to help her is standing by her side and supporting her. Violence will accomplish nothing."

Mason's lips ceased to move, but his voice carried on for Shiki, and Shiki alone. It was as if Mason were whispering directly into Shiki's mind. The whisper said, "I understand very well what violence will accomplish. To some degree, you're right. For the moment, fear of you could distract them from their fears of Ilona. However, doing so could come at a cost of life and your own sanity. If Ilona's words reach you before mine, then that's great. However, if you remain in darkness, then I have a simple request: Don't go after anyone but me. I'm pretty confident I can handle you now. I just don't want any others being hurt because of you. In the end, it's your choice, Shiki."

#Fight W/ Shiki

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Verite @york

Oh, for the love of... Within the last few minutes alone, it seemed everything had gone to hell. Between Ocelot and Ritsuko's reveal and... whatever the hell was going on with that Shiki boy, she was left to make a quick decision. Which of the issues, in the immediate few moments following, was the most dangerous?

Right. Raving 'death god' kid it was.

Just as she was about to make her contribution, though, Weiss felt her eyes go wide. Not only had Ruby put herself in Shiki's path- which, okay, less than surprising knowing how naively good hearted her team leader was -, but then the equally naive Ilona threw herself at the boy. "Ugh, are you insane?!" she demanded, absolutely fuming. "You're going to get yourselves killed!"

Okay, so she may have been a lot of things, Weiss Schnee.. But blind was not one of them. She had heard what Shiki had said, about trying to pull attention away from Ilona, to take her place. Had seen how he hesitated when fronted with Ruby. It may have been one the most absurd and ridiculous thing she had ever seen, crazier than her manipulative father or alcoholic mother. Certainly crazier than fighting a human that had managed to wiggle his way into a partnership with the White Fang. A boy, potentially throwing his life away just to take his friend's place in fate...

It was also dumbfounding admirable.

So it was with a feeling of unmatched ridiculousness that Weiss briefly togjtened her grip on Myrtenaster, clenching her teeth before hesitantly loosening her grip and briefly hanging her head. Slowly, it rose again with resolve, and a hand was placed on her hip. "And you," she added, looking to Shiki. She'd never felt as stupid in her life as she did when her lips parted again. "If you really want to help? Perhaps you should practice what you preach and hear out your... friend... on how she desires you to assist."

Well, she tried it the Ruby and Ilona way. If that failed? She was all ready to do this her way.

@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"..."

"..."

Kieran and Makoto looked uniquely depressed, one having fallen to the floor in despair while the other stood limply, looking hurt. They exchanged glances for the briefest of moments, both unable to meet anyone's gazes. Makoto opened his mouth to speak, but found that no words could come to him. That hope and that optimism was gone from his demeanor entirely.

gV1FJKC.png

"A disaster this turned out to be," Kieran said, slowly standing to his feet. "If Meira were here, but she'd be saying how dumb I looked... she wouldn't be wrong. It's always annoying how right she can be." He sighed deeply, reaching down to grab his axe. "Kyoko, I have to apologize to you, for my actions have only hurt you as the Coalition's leader. The Coalition doesn't deserve this reputation, not after everything it has done. Really, I was never smart enough to lead this kind of group. The whole Multiverse Hotel Incident just proved that... That's why, right here and now, I am stepping down as a leader of the Coalition. In fact, I'm leaving entirely. This group deserves better than me."

He turned away, looking ready to leave. "Blast... no, fuck the UN. I don't care about this any more. I need something else to do with my life."

As Kieran walked away, Makoto nodded. "K-Kyoko..." He held up his hands in a defensive gesture. "You can still trust me! This isn't... I can make this right. I know I've messed up a lot, but I truly think this is the best decision for us moving forward." Despite Kido's glaring, Makoto resolutely stepped forward toward Kyoko. He looked into her eyes and nodded once again. "Like Kieran, I will be stepping down as leader. We have done wrong, so it is only right we do this. Kyoko will be the sole leader of the Coalition. You can all trust her, that I can promise! ... Hopefully everyone will understand."

0OFhsfS.png

With that, Makoto reached out a hand, offering Kyoko to take it. "But I'm not leaving the Coalition entirely. I want to support you, Kyoko... I will make this up to you, no matter what!"

Kieran stopped walking to speak with Lang and Stiles, one last thing on his mind. "You may wish to start something new, but don't for one second think that any of this was easy. I don't expect you to be able to start up anything, and that's not shitty Kieran talking badly of any of you. It's taken us two years to come this far... and two years to mess up. But the Coalition has always done what it had to. No one complained about that when we took down the Arch Demon, but now that the multiverse is experiencing relative peace...? Demonize Makoto and myself if you must, but leave the Coalition and the many amazing people a part of it out of it. I know none of you will have to take orders from me any longer..."

Kieran shook his head, a deep melancholy overcoming him. "I'm sorry about Mary. Locking her up was just a temporary thing, for it was believed she had murdered an innocent, but what did I know about locking up little girls? I let her have whatever she asked, and then she went and..." Flinching, the man closed his eyes. "... It's over now, isn't it?"

Kieran then left the Command Center.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters

@Everyone

Morrigan couldn't help but chuckle. "Corrupt, you say? Well then, you would hardly be the first to throw an angry rant my way. 'Twas well within my power to throw Lucifer out, no matter what allies and friends he's made of the MEU. However, I have let him stay... why? I do see his usefulness, no matter what I may think of him as a person." Morrigan's eyes seemed to shine as she tossed a smile Saber Alter's way.

"Yes, and before you ask, I did have this power. I am hardly the only one who thinks this, and I do have some sway as the one who formed this Coven. We women greatly respect one another, no matter our differences, and that will not change for the time being. We are hardly at risk of breaking down like these other leaders."

She paused for a moment, crossing her arms as she gave both Zatanna and Carissa a nod. "I come from a backwater realm, that's to be sure, but I hardly think one with your origins has much room to talk. You call him master, which I hardly find appropriate. He dresses you and feeds you when you do good, almost like some kind of pet. Oh, I'm sure he means well and I'm sure your life has led you to believe this is a positive existence, but 'tis one I must question. I am sorry if your words mean very little to me. Does that not surprise you? I have viewed Lucifer's actions and can agree there is competence to be found, but I have also seen what I view to be a self-centered man. Your status under him and the encouraged proliferation of negative feelings toward authority only lead me to that conclusion."

j1veIOT.png

"Now, do you have more to say, or do you wish to continue to call your superior unfit for her position? Do you wish for our group to start in-fighting as well? If that is your wish, you will be disappointed. My hope for the MEU is that it lives on long past any implosion the Coalition may have, and it will do that just fine with myself and the other members of the Coven at the helm."

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Verite

Last edited:
"..."

"..."

Kieran and Makoto looked uniquely depressed, one having fallen to the floor in despair while the other stood limply, looking hurt. They exchanged glances for the briefest of moments, both unable to meet anyone's gazes. Makoto opened his mouth to speak, but found that no words could come to him. That hope and that optimism was gone from his demeanor entirely.

gV1FJKC.png

"A disaster this turned out to be," Kieran said, slowly standing to his feet. "If Meira were here, but she'd be saying how dumb I looked... she wouldn't be wrong. It's always annoying how right she can be." He sighed deeply, reaching down to grab his axe. "Kyoko, I have to apologize to you, for my actions have only hurt you as the Coalition's leader. The Coalition doesn't deserve this reputation, not after everything it has done. Really, I was never smart enough to lead this kind of group. The whole Multiverse Hotel Incident just proved that... That's why, right here and now, I am stepping down as a leader of the Coalition. In fact, I'm leaving entirely. This group deserves better than me."

He turned away, looking ready to leave. "Blast... no, fuck the UN. I don't care about this any more. I need something else to do with my life."

As Kieran walked away, Makoto nodded. "K-Kyoko..." He held up his hands in a defensive gesture. "You can still trust me! This isn't... I can make this right. I know I've messed up a lot, but I truly think this is the best decision for us moving forward." Despite Kido's glaring, Makoto resolutely stepped forward toward Kyoko. He looked into her eyes and nodded once again. "Like Kieran, I will be stepping down as leader. We have done wrong, so it is only right we do this. Kyoko will be the sole leader of the Coalition. You can all trust her, that I can promise! ... Hopefully everyone will understand."

0OFhsfS.png

With that, Makoto reached out a hand, offering Kyoko to take it. "But I'm not leaving the Coalition entirely. I want to support you, Kyoko... I will make this up to you, no matter what!"

Kieran stopped walking to speak with Lang and Stiles, one last thing on his mind. "You may wish to start something new, but don't for one second think that any of this was easy. I don't expect you to be able to start up anything, and that's not shitty Kieran talking badly of any of you. It's taken us two years to come this far... and two years to mess up. But the Coalition has always done what it had to. No one complained about that when we took down the Arch Demon, but now that the multiverse is experiencing relative peace...? Demonize Makoto and myself if you must, but leave the Coalition and the many amazing people a part of it out of it. I know none of you will have to take orders from me any longer..."

Kieran shook his head, a deep melancholy overcoming him. "I'm sorry about Mary. Locking her up was just a temporary thing, for it was believed she had murdered an innocent, but what did I know about locking up little girls? I let her have whatever she asked, and then she went and..." Flinching, the man closed his eyes. "... It's over now, isn't it?"

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @The Tactician @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters

@Everyone

Morrigan couldn't help but chuckle. "Corrupt, you say? Well then, you would hardly be the first to throw an angry rant my way. 'Twas well within my power to throw Lucifer out, no matter what allies and friends he's made of the MEU. However, I have let him stay... why? I do see his usefulness, no matter what I may think of him as a person." Morrigan's eyes seemed to shine as she tossed a smile Saber Alter's way.

"Yes, and before you ask, I did have this power. I am hardly the only one who thinks this, and I do have some sway as the one who formed this Coven. We women greatly respect one another, no matter our differences, and that will not change for the time being. We are hardly at risk of breaking down like these other leaders."

She paused for a moment, crossing her arms as she gave both Zatanna and Carissa a nod. "I come from a backwater realm, that's to be sure, but I hardly think one with your origins has much room to talk. You call him master, which I hardly find appropriate. He dresses you and feeds you when you do good, almost like some kind of pet. Oh, I'm sure he means well and I'm sure your life has led you to believe this is a positive existence, but 'tis one I must question. I am sorry if your words mean very little to me. Does that not surprise you? I have viewed Lucifer's actions and can agree there is competence to be found, but I have also seen what I view to be a self-centered man. Your status under him and the encouraged proliferation of negative feelings toward authority only lead me to that conclusion."

j1veIOT.png

"Now, do you have more to say, or do you wish to continue to call your superior unfit for her position? Do you wish for our group to start in-fighting as well? If that is your wish, you will be disappointed. My hope for the MEU is that it lives on long past any implosion the Coalition may have, and it will do that just fine with myself and the other members of the Coven at the helm."

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Verite
"You misunderstand, Kieran. I'm not looking to start anything new. The Coalition is too big to just start over. It'll take time and effort, but it can be restored to what it once was, before things started going sour. If anything, this is a turning point."

And with that he was gone. Lang wouldn't miss him, no. He hadn't known him long, but someone so idealistic and stubborn was dangerous to have in charge. Makoto was still around, however, and Lang didn't have much to say to him. Kyoko, however...

"Miss Kirigiri, I don't really know you much at all. But from what I've seen of you, I trust that you can get things back on course-granted you take over. If you do, you have my full support."
At least, unless she pulled a stunt like any brought up today. But he was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, if she had been truly disgusted by it all.

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Ringmaster @Josh M

zynVqIE.png

90i93xa.png

"...SHIKI, LOOK AT ME!"

Ruby Rose

mrZDxZD.gif

Sakuya stepped in between the girl and the boy, not wanting to watch Shiki Tohno go on a rampage for any longer. This wasn't going anywhere, and would only serve to endanger everyone here, including herself and Remilia. Though she and the vampire were quite powerful, in a crowd this large and varied, she didn't want to test their luck in some terrible battle royale.

"Calm down, Shiki." She spoke strongly, dropping the honorific from his name. "To kill and destroy is easy. You can do it, I can do it, but tell me, what do you think it'll accomplish? Do you think you'll save Ilona like that? Do you think that if you kill everyone in this room, Ilona will be happy?"

The maid gripped one knife tightly in her hand, raising it and pointing it right between Shiki's eyes.

"You don't have to do this. Nothing has reached the point of no return. We can still talk about it, calmly, like civilized people. An ending where Ilona runs free because everyone else is dead. Is that what you think a girl like her would want?"

Though Sakuya had only traded greetings with the girl, what she had heard from her in passing was enough for her to get a grasp on her opinion of matters like this. How she cried to Shiki for him to stop, rambling on and on to try to convince him to stand down. She lowered her arm, dropping the knife to her side.

"She never asked for her power, that much is true. But tell me, when did she ask for you to destroy, to kill everyone?"

Oh, for the love of... Within the last few minutes alone, it seemed everything had gone to hell. Between Ocelot and Ritsuko's reveal and... whatever the hell was going on with that Shiki boy, she was left to make a quick decision. Which of the issues, in the immediate few moments following, was the most dangerous?

Just as she was about to make her contribution, though, Weiss felt her eyes go wide. Not only had Ruby put herself in Shiki's path- which, okay, less than surprising knowing how naively good hearted her team leader was -, but then the equally naive Ilona threw herself at the boy. "Ugh, are you insane?!" she demanded, absolutely fuming. "You're going to get yourselves killed!"

Okay, so she may have been a lot of things, Weiss Schnee.. But blind was not one of them. She had heard what Shiki had said, about trying to pull attention away from Ilona, to take her place. Had seen how he hesitated when fronted with Ruby. It may have been one the most absurd and ridiculous thing she had ever seen, crazier than her manipulative father or alcoholic mother. Certainly crazier than fighting a human that had managed to wiggle his way into a partnership with the White Fang. A boy, potentially throwing his life away just to take his friend's place in fate...

So it was with a feeling of unmatched ridiculousness that Weiss briefly togjtened her grip on Myrtenaster, clenching her teeth before hesitantly loosening her grip and briefly hanging her head. Slowly, it rose again with resolve, and a hand was placed on her hip. "And you," she added, looking to Shiki. She'd never felt as stupid in her life as she did when her lips parted again. "If you really want to help? Perhaps you should practice what you preach and hear out your... friend... on how she desires you to assist."

Well, she tried it the Ruby and Ilona way. If that failed? She was all ready to do this her way.

"SHIKI! Don't you dare try to hurt an innocent young girl! I understand you're busy being a god of death right now, but that's not an excuse to be an asshole!

"I can see into your heart. I know that you don't want to do this! I know you can fight it! However, if you give up on fighting the darkness, I will no longer hesitate to stop it myself! I'm sure my allies don't want to see me fight, nor do yours wish to see you fight, but I will do what I must to keep more people safe."

Mason effortlessly lifted Ruby of the ground and sets her down behind him, which put himself between her and Shiki. He looked Ruby in the eyes, his face partially hidden by the Deus Armor, and said, "I appreciate the help, Ruby, but if you're not prepared for fight or flight, this may not be the safest place for you. Do me a favor and make sure people step back from Shiki. Ilona may be enough to tame the beast, but if not, we don't need him feeling caged. Wild animals tend to fight back more when caged."

He turned back towards Shiki and stared him down. "Listen to what Madame Ilona says, Sir Shiki. Whatever you think will come about from this display of savagery isn't what you'll actually get. You won't take away her burden, you'll add to it as well as your own. The way to help her is standing by her side and supporting her. Violence will accomplish nothing."

Mason's lips ceased to move, but his voice carried on for Shiki, and Shiki alone. It was as if Mason were whispering directly into Shiki's mind. The whisper said, "I understand very well what violence will accomplish. To some degree, you're right. For the moment, fear of you could distract them from their fears of Ilona. However, doing so could come at a cost of life and your own sanity. If Ilona's words reach you before mine, then that's great. However, if you remain in darkness, then I have a simple request: Don't go after anyone but me. I'm pretty confident I can handle you now. I just don't want any others being hurt because of you. In the end, it's your choice, Shiki."

#Fight W/ Shiki

1W7F9zX.png

"Caged animal? No, no, no... There's one thing you don't understand, Moretti. I wouldn't be the one trapped in here with you..." Shiki's expression shifted again from hesitant due to Ruby's efforts to hostile again when Mason would interfere, whisking her away like a parent protecting their child from a dangerous animal. The berserk young man's grip on his knife tightened again as he'd step forward.

"You're caged in here with me!"

He stumbled back a bit, mostly in surprise, when Mason would seem to whisper in his head, the young man blindly swinging his knife in the air as though attempting to kill the power at effect. Still, the message was communicated aptly. He was being challenged. His power was being challenged. A foolhardy choice to make indeed.

His form bent a bit, his knees almost struggling to keep him standing, as he covered his face with his hand, eyes still visible between his fingers, as he glared straight at Mason.

"Gods, men... They're all the same. They have the same vices, the same folly... And that folly is pride. Stories of men who fly too close to the sun, gods who fancy themselves immortal. But everything has an end. That's the only thing everyone and everything is equal in. So maybe we should strip ourselves of useless titles like those, and just become the beasts that we were born as. After all, men are only beasts that learned to tell stories, so by becoming beasts, perhaps we can have an excuse to let this story go untold. It's fine to just be a monster now."

With all that said, he stepped forward, towards Mason, his intent clear. It was as though he had fallen into despair, the energy of malevolence practically rising from his body like a nasty aura. After all, as they'd said during the beginning, malevolence was most common in those who had been in the earlier Murder Games, orchestrated by the Arch Demon. Thus, inherently, he always had that kind of energy sitting within him. Just like not only Ilona, but also her parents as well.

The fear of giving into fear had turned into his breaking point.

But then he'd stop.

He stopped dead in his tracks when many would call out to him. Ruby's words gave him pause again, as though they resonated with him, as did her friend Weiss. Before long, Sakuya stepped in too, almost seeming to gradually ebb away at his resolve.

Xr2d5H0.png

"It... doesn't matter! I've lived my whole life scared of my own power, so what more is it if others are scared of me too?! If people want a target to fear, to scorn, then at least... At least, this way, it...!" He struggled to find words against Ruby. Idealism. Naivete. She certainly had those traits. He couldn't bring himself to find much fault with them though. Shiki never cared for the dreams of becoming a heroic champion of justice like all the other kids wanted when he was little. He'd always thought they were too fantastical, too stupid, too... intrepid.

But then, he could never find much fault with wanting to be a kind of beacon of hope for others. After all, what was wrong with some helping out here and there?

After Weiss would express a similar sentiment, Shiki would give another pause, and then again when Sakuya would pitch in, her words perhaps getting his attention easier than it ought to have, if only for the sudden dropping of honorifics.

"I... Civilized?" He practically had to choke out, his breathing becoming ragged as he could practically feel his heart race in this heated moment. His voice was softer now, less gruff and dark. Now, that was a strange thought... Civilized people. Seemed to undermine his resolve to become a beast, but... She and the others... He couldn't ignore their words. What Ilona wanted... No, it was different from what she needed! But... Was it really...

"S-Sakuya..." Shiki could only say, also opting to drop the honorific in her name as well.

And then, the final nail would hit the coffin when Ilona would pour her heart out, similar to as Shiki had before everything had down like this.

He was at a loss. Everything she'd said, everything she'd pour out for him... He was truly at a loss. The young man was practically shaken to his core when Ilona would yell at him to stop as well, also dropping the title that she'd refer to him with and simply going with his name. And so, she began to describe what she thought of him and all the people who'd fought alongside her very parents. Brave? Powerful? Amazing?

Inspirational?

Shiki never exactly fancied himself a role model, perhaps partly because it wasn't like he was often in the company of people notably younger than him, except for perhaps his adoptive sister Miyako (who seemed to be bad with communication anyway). He was just someone who wanted to live his own life. Back then, he'd always gone with the flow, not worrying about matters like life and death, believing that life would end when it simply wanted to, and there'd be nothing to do about it. He was the very definition of going through the flows.

But here he was now, two years after he'd met all sorts of wondrous people, human and not, two years after his first encounter with the Murder Games, and he'd come out of those ordeals a changed person. He'd re-evaluated his definitions of what it meant to be alive, what it meant to kill.

He wanted to live a peaceful life. He wanted to live.

With Ilona before him, Shiki finally sank to the ground on his knees, breathing raggedly, looking down at the cold ground, gritting his teeth so hard they'd almost threaten to crack if he wasn't careful. His body was shaking, trembling, as though he were cold. He was shaken to his core.

"Ilona... I... I'm so sorry... I didn't mean for any of this to happen..." He spoke, the glow in his eyes reverting to a not as bright indigo again, "I never wanted for you to go through any of this whole ordeal. I'm sorry... Miss Ruby, Sakuya, everyone..."

He was Shiki Tohno again.

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay

Last edited:
1W7F9zX.png

"Caged animal? No, no, no... There's one thing you don't understand, Moretti. I wouldn't be the one trapped in here with you..." Shiki's expression shifted again from hesitant due to Ruby's efforts to hostile again when Mason would interfere, whisking her away like a parent protecting their child from a dangerous animal. The berserk young man's grip on his knife tightened again as he'd step forward.

He stumbled back a bit, mostly in surprise, when Mason would seem to whisper in his head, the young man blindly swinging his knife in the air as though attempting to kill the power at effect. Still, the message was communicated aptly. He was being challenged. His power was being challenged. A foolhardy choice to make indeed.

His form bent a bit, his knees almost struggling to keep him standing, as he covered his face with his hand, eyes still visible between his fingers, as he glared straight at Mason.

"Gods, men... They're all the same. They have the same vices, the same folly... And that folly is pride. Stories of men who fly too close to the sun, gods who fancy themselves immortal. But everything has an end. That's the only thing everyone and everything is equal in. So maybe we should strip ourselves of useless titles like those, and just become the beasts that we were born as. After all, men are only beasts that learned to tell stories, so by becoming beasts, perhaps we can have an excuse to let this story go untold. It's fine to just be a monster now."

With all that said, he stepped forward, towards Mason, his intent clear. It was as though he had fallen into despair, the energy of malevolence practically rising from his body like a nasty aura. After all, as they'd said during the beginning, malevolence was most common in those who had been in the earlier Murder Games, orchestrated by the Arch Demon. Thus, inherently, he always had that kind of energy sitting within him. Just like not only Ilona, but also her parents as well.

But then he'd stop.

He stopped dead in his tracks when many would call out to him. Ruby's words gave him pause again, as though they resonated with him, as did her friend Weiss. Before long, Sakuya stepped in too, almost seeming to gradually ebb away at his resolve.

Xr2d5H0.png

"It... doesn't matter! I've lived my whole life scared of my own power, so what more is it if others are scared of me too?! If people want a target to fear, to scorn, then at least... At least, this way, it...!" He struggled to find words against Ruby. Idealism. Naivete. She certainly had those traits. He couldn't bring himself to find much fault with them though. Shiki never cared for the dreams of becoming a heroic champion of justice like all the other kids wanted when he was little. He'd always thought they were too fantastical, too stupid, too... intrepid.

But then, he could never find much fault with wanting to be a kind of beacon of hope for others. After all, what was wrong with some helping out here and there?

After Weiss would express a similar sentiment, Shiki would give another pause, and then again when Sakuya would pitch in, her words perhaps getting his attention easier than it ought to have, if only for the sudden dropping of honorifics.

"I... Civilized?" He practically had to choke out, his breathing becoming ragged as he could practically feel his heart race in this heated moment. His voice was softer now, less gruff and dark. Now, that was a strange thought... Civilized people. Seemed to undermine his resolve to become a beast, but... She and the others... He couldn't ignore their words. What Ilona wanted... No, it was different from what she needed! But... Was it really...

"S-Sakuya..." Shiki could only say, also opting to drop the honorific in her name as well.

And then, the final nail would hit the coffin when Ilona would pour her heart out, similar to as Shiki had before everything had down like this.

He was at a loss. Everything she'd said, everything she'd pour out for him... He was truly at a loss. The young man was practically shaken to his core when Ilona would yell at him to stop as well, also dropping the title that she'd refer to him with and simply going with his name. And so, she began to describe what she thought of him and all the people who'd fought alongside her very parents. Brave? Powerful? Amazing?

Inspirational?

Shiki never exactly fancied himself a role model, perhaps partly because it wasn't like he was often in the company of people notably younger than him, except for perhaps his adoptive sister Miyako (who seemed to be bad with communication anyway). He was just someone who wanted to live his own life. Back then, he'd always gone with the flow, not worrying about matters like life and death, believing that life would end when it simply wanted to, and there'd be nothing to do about it. He was the very definition of going through the flows.

But here he was now, two years after he'd met all sorts of wondrous people, human and not, two years after his first encounter with the Murder Games, and he'd come out of those ordeals a changed person. He'd re-evaluated his definitions of what it meant to be alive, what it meant to kill.

With Ilona before him, Shiki finally sank to the ground on his knees, breathing raggedly, looking down at the cold ground, gritting his teeth so hard they'd almost threaten to crack if he wasn't careful. His body was shaking, trembling, as though he were cold. He was shaken to his core.

"Ilona... I... I'm so sorry... I didn't mean for any of this to happen..." He spoke, the glow in his eyes reverting to a not as bright indigo again, "I never wanted for you to go through any of this whole ordeal. I'm sorry... Miss Ruby, Sakuya, everyone..."

"It's like I said, Shiki. The power of the gods comes from those who believe in them. All these people here believe in Shiki Tohno, and that's the Shiki who prevailed. We're glad to have you back."

Mason turns towards the exit of the Command Center and addresses the present company. "If you'll excuse me, I have some other business to attend to while I remain powered up. Call it a hunch, but I still have some suspicions. This armor may still come in handy if my hunch is right."

@Hospes @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @york

With that, Mason bolts out of the Command Center to follow after Kieran. His hunch: there's more to Kieran's melancholy than simply losing an argument. Either Kieran is the traitor and is leaving the Coalition to make a quick escape, or the true traitor engulfed him in Despair, which would soon turn into Malevolence.

Once Kieran is within earshot, Mason yells, "Hey, Kieran! What kind of commander leaves an argument just because he's losing?! You don't seem like the type to surrender in battle, so why are you wimping out now?! Giving up your position is one thing, but completely abandoning your allies is another! You may think it's over, but it's not. Everything that's happened in your life before leads up to the life you'll build tomorrow. So what's your deal?"

Mason knows little of Kieran and what he is going through. Mason understands little of the affairs of the Coalition as well, being a fairly recent arrival. All Mason knows right now is what little he could overhear from the argument about the shift in power. Even if he is completely unfounded in his statements and entirely incorrect, this is Mason's chance to learn a little more about both Kieran and the Coalition.

Aura Inv: Deus Armor
Aura Pow: Friendship%

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti

This day just keeps getting worse.

And worse.

And worse.

WBJfeMo.png

"What can I say? I'm speechless. Mainly because I've already said what I can. Everything up till now was a distraction. For all you know, we're all still being distracted and played like damn fiddles. How many layers is this, even? Are we distracted from a distraction by a distraction?

There's more to this, isn't there? Continue, please. I am listening."

He turns to his allies as he absorbs the situation in a most calm manner.

"So uh... any one of you want to flare up in sheer anger and give a little speech? I mean, someone has to now that Shizuo's gone."

He looks behind for a bit, to see Kyoko in utter shock and dismay.

"KirigiriKyoko.exe has stopped working, but my specs are far from an overheat," Kido comments. Should Makoto try to approach Kyoko, Kido would replicate his sister's signature glare right at Makoto and shake his head. It was most fear-inducing, even if it was bootlegged.

Kido then turns to Toboe and Cheza, the only UN pals he had left in here aside from Robin, then grins at them with a nod, before looking at his opponents once more with an aura of seriousness.

"To think that word of 'we allow practically anyone in' came to bite. What a twist. I think I'll give my two cents on the matter - it is true that the Coalition shouldn't have hidden the truth, but... a UN that justifies madness and underhanded ways? Is the peace and honesty that every world's intepretation of the UN promotes but an illusion, a lie? If this is the kind of UN I know, and the kind of person who has that much power over the UN, then Shizuo was right to leave. Politics are indeed a cruel web of lies and manipulation...

... Ritsuko Akagi, what is the safety of the multiverse to you? Tyranny? Force? The one-multiverse-rule that can only end in utter chaos? Your methods work, do they, truly?"

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Sen @Verite @Nater Taters @UN Drama

"Wynne is right," Lang responded. "Lang Zi says, 'A pack that runs together, stays together.' Everyone leaving over this is too extreme, as nice as it sounds to wash our hands of this all. Believe me, this pack is far from ideal-corrupted to hell on both sides, but it's the best chance we have to keep the Multiverse safe...though considering how today has gone, I'm amazed it's worked so well."

However, he would address one of Wynne's remarks. "Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you elsewhere. Organizations can be run without secrets. I had a group of men under my lead, and there was a sense of trust and loyalty between all of us. Each man was important, each man felt important, and the only spy in my ranks was from the mastermind behind a case I was investigating, NOT from an ally I thought I could trust. And do you know what happened when I took the law into my own hands due to my own good intentions? I was removed from leading those men. It was shameful, but in the end it had to be done."

He watched Makoto and Kieran break down, Ritsuko still believing she was totally in the right, and Ocelot reveal all the dirt he'd dug up. "If I had my way, I would lock all four of you up," Lang snarled. "Good intentions don't excuse actions, I can tell you that myself, and these actions are downright despicable. Locking up teenage girls unethically, covering up the suicide of another, and covering up Ilona's powers, then turning the discussion of the latter into a damned high school debate? What, do lives not carry any meaning to you? Those three lives you keep mentioning, Ocelot, as well as the others put in jeopardy today, those aren't Ilona's fault, they're the fault of the damn Coalition! You want justice, Ocelot, get it from them! Believe me, I want people to answer for what they've done, all this corruption is leaving me with a sick taste in my mouth. That being said..."

Taking a pause, Lang would continue, "You can follow Mister Shizuo and Mister Stiles and take your leave, and I won't blame you. Like I've said, this barely counts as a pack, deceit and mistrust overtaking unity and loyalty, it's disgusting! But, as we seem to forget today thanks to being so wrapped up in how much more evil the UN or Coalition is, we know the truth of the Multiverse and Murder Games, and all those dark goongs-on out there. I'll be sticking around, hopefully to make sure that this place can be salvaged." He remembered that illusion of his from Silent Earth, of an uncorrupted Zheng Fa, the House of Lang returned to its former glory. "I've worked my ass offtrying to undo what corrupt officials have tainted, I'm not afraid to do it again."

@Verite @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Minerva @The Tactician @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Minerva @york @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"..."

"..."

gV1FJKC.png

0OFhsfS.png

@Everyone
"You misunderstand, Kieran. I'm not looking to start anything new. The Coalition is too big to just start over. It'll take time and effort, but it can be restored to what it once was, before things started going sour. If anything, this is a turning point."

And with that he was gone. Lang wouldn't miss him, no. He hadn't known him long, but someone so idealistic and stubborn was dangerous to have in charge. Makoto was still around, however, and Lang didn't have much to say to him. Kyoko, however...

"Miss Kirigiri, I don't really know you much at all. But from what I've seen of you, I trust that you can get things back on course-granted you take over. If you do, you have my full support." At least, unless she pulled a stunt like any brought up today. But he was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, if she had been truly disgusted by it all.

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Ringmaster @Josh M
ritko1.jpg

"Of course they do. You see, Producer Kido, the thing about actions, consequences, and how they reflect when time goes down... is that the result will be what counts in the end. That is what lives in infamy," Ritsuko spoke, standing her ground despite the others against her, "And so, I found exactly what I was looking for. Nothing more, nothing less."

She would then turn to Wynne, almost seeming to give a sneer. "A good reason to lie to me, of the UN? You overestimate what you can get away with. When will you learn that your actions have consequences?" She spoke and asked simply.

Ocelot would give his own sneer, instead aimed at Scott, Stiles, and Lang. "Cutting ties with the organizations now? My, it seems like a lot of people intend to drop like flies. I wonder who that reflects on the most; the Secretary-General, the people against the truth, or the Captain-Commander..." The soldier mused, keeping his weapons raised and armed, "But then, I'm simply a soldier. What do I know? Politics like these always quite bored me. Still, I know where my loyalties lie. If you must struggle to find where they lie after all this, then I'd bid you good luck on wherever you intend to seek it... That is, if it were an of my concern."

He didn't seem to have much to say for himself, only keeping his revolvers in his hands in case anyone would try to make a move against him or Ritsuko.

Meanwhile, Kyoko wasn't so relaxed, her eyes widening even more than they'd already been when Kieran and Makoto would finally take their turn to speak again, and drop quite the bombshells.

Stepping down... Leaving?

kiri001.png

"K-Kieran, wait! Are you... Is this a resignation?! Where will you...?!"

Kyoko wanted to ask him where he was going, but by the time she'd gotten to that point, the former Captain-Commander now had stormed out of the Command Center, practically disappearing with the wind. More than that, her thoughts would be interrupted when Makoto would speak to her in that manner. In a flash, she was now the sole leader of the Coalition? It was a bit fast for even her to comprehend, but she wouldn't be afforded the luxury of time at the moment.

She gave the boy a look when he'd extend his arm out. Hmph. Boy... That was an interesting thing to call Makoto now, wasn't it? She'd known him for such a long time, it seemed like he'd always be a boy to her, and she'd always just be a girl. But before she knew it, they stopped being simple boys and girls a long time ago. Now, they were young men and women. It was like they were robbed of their youths... but as demonstrated back then during the illusion, she couldn't go back to reclaim it.

She had to keep moving forward, as a person, and as the new sole leader of the Coalition.

With a resigned sigh, she'd take Makoto's hand and shake it. A part of her pitied him for his mistakes. She couldn't come to completely hate him. After all, this wasn't even the first time he'd kept an important secret from her. After the handshake was done, she'd let go and turn around, her back facing Makoto, her long hair flowing in the wind, before speaking again after a brief moment, likely to contemplate what this means for the future.

uH0JMCG.png

"Then... You better mean it. I won't forgive you if you don't put a hundred percent effort into this, Makoto. But... As long as you promise to keep by my side, no lies, no runarounds, then... Maybe, just maybe, one day, together, we'll be able to rebuild the Coalition, better than it ever was."

"Or at least, so I could hope."

@Atomyk @Crow @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @UN / Coalition Drama

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
1QIZTPG.png

Kieran stopped and turned to Mason, smiling. It was a far cry from both the anger and sadness he'd exhibited during the argument before, and Kieran looked as if a heavy load had been lifted off his shoulders. "My deal? I just quit... not sure what else you want from me. Now's maybe not the best time to up and leave, but it wasn't like my presence was helping the situation in there, was it? I'm not gone yet, anyway. Still have friends to see off..." Putting his hands on his hips, the man seemed more at ease than ever.

"And I know, there's still a traitor. I wish everyone the best of luck there. I know you're new around here, Mason, but I do believe in them... that's why I'm comfortable with leaving. Makoto and I may have started to disagree, but he's got a powerful will. Kyoko too. They've been through a lot together. So, you see... I'm not leaving as surrender, I just know when it's time to end something. This position has changed me for the worse, and I think it's about time Kieran tried getting back to his old self."

@Mason Moretti

EOTrV1D.png

It wasn't just a handshake Makoto wanted. After she was finished speaking, he boldly pulled her into a hug. "I promise. It's a new beginning, Kyoko. You're here now, and everything will be different. You can hope... and we can hope together."

nWhDZhe.png

With all the drama going on, there was someone that Lalonde had noticed was missing from the scene. Where and when she had gone was lost on the woman as she looked about the Command Center. "Excuse me... but has anyone seen Junko Enoshima? She seems to have suddenly disappeared."

She turned to look upon the portal Junko had summoned, still standing undisturbed. Had she gone in? Hopefully not... "While the leaders of these organizations talk through their issues, does anyone mind looking for her with me? We could conduct a search for both her and Owlman."

"Ah! I'm totally in!" Leia said, pumping her fist.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Minerva @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @Kaykay @Hospes @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies

@Everyone

Last edited:
1W7F9zX.png

But then he'd stop.

Xr2d5H0.png

Inspirational?

#Fight W/ Shiki

Ruby Rose

mrZDxZD.gif

As Ilona stood in her spot near Shiki, she began to hear her own heartbeat echoing in her ears. The sound made the voices of those around her seem faint, but the girl was so focused on Shiki and the environment that she was indeed able to make out what the others were saying. She was glad the others were trying to reason with him too. The more people who would pitch in and try to help, the better! The only one who would speak out that Ilona felt uncertain about was Weiss, who really didn't help the situation by telling them to back away from Shiki--that he might get them killed. The goal here wasn't to get him more worked up.

"H-He won't hurt us, isn't that right, Shiki?" she mumbled, voice trembling as she waited for him to respond. On the slim chance that she was wrong, Ilona knew she would be the first one to feel his wrath considering how closely she stood to him. While her fearful human nature dreaded this and wanted to pull away as quickly as possible, she remained firmly in place. Besides, if she couldn't trust a friend to keep his powers in check, how would she ever be able to trust herself?

Finally the words of those around him seemed to effect the young man, slowly melting away his resolve to fight like a cube of ice being held under the flame of a candle. She released her hold on him when he would slump to the ground, taking a couple steps back. Before he even touched the ground Ilona knew he was back to himself again. Thank goodness. His rampage was over at last.

As if she had just finished running for miles, Ilona then panted heavily, wiping away sweat that was now dripping down her face. Her head pounded and chest hurt as well, the gravity of how stressed she had been finally hitting her. Ilona pressed a hand to her chest, breathing heavily while closing her eyes. She said nothing for a moment, trying to rein herself in after what had happened.

4KN7SrK.png

I-- That was the highest amount of stress I've been under since I found that body back in the Coalition, yet my powers did not activate. Do these people truly have anything to fear from me? Perhaps the accident was only a fluke and will never happen again...

Ilona ran a hand through her hair, opening her puffy, bloodshot eyes after a moment.

Oh, Sun, I'm so tired. How I would love to just lie here on the ground, say a prayer, and go to sleep. Even with how loud it's been in here, I don't doubt I could still fall into a slumber.

Ilona sighed, offering Shiki a tired smile. "It is quite all right, Shiki. That is exactly why you have us, your friends, here. I'm certain I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm glad I was able to help somehow. It was only fair, after all, you have helped me very much. Do you feel okay? Let me know if there is anything I may do for you..."

I certainly hope he is well after going through all of that. He did and said what he did all because he didn't want me to lift the weight of my burden alone. He wished to entirely take it from me and hold it on his own shoulders. Nobody has ever wanted to do something like that for me. I'm uncertain how to even feel about such a thing. It was overwhelmingly kind. How will I ever repay such an act of kindness?

"A-Ah, and thank you for stepping in to speak as well, Lady Weiss, Miss Ruby, Sir Mason, and Miss Sakuya," the princess added, bowing to the group.

Why had she even thanked Weiss? It's not like the woman had ever done anything but treat Ilona like shit anyhow. : |

8ubuvoE.png

"Would anyone care for a vacation starting now? Anywhere in all of time and space, just name it. I'd fancy a beach myself, a beach in a place where it is legal for a nineteen-year-old and other underaged individuals to drink an alcoholic beverage. While I've never tried such drinks, I feel as if we all could use one," she half-joked, her voice sounding more tired with every word. She looked like a mess, and really someone should've just made her sit down and rest.

Even after her speech from before, she still wouldn't stop her rambling for some reason. She took another step back after speaking, swaying to the side due to fatigue, almost as if she might fall over, thankfully catching herself. "Or perhaps that would not be a good idea for me," she added, holding a goofy smile on her lips.

The smile and the rambling was all due to their circumstances. She felt that everyone had suffered enough, and deserved to hear light-hearted words--at least for a moment--rather than something serious. As tired and dreary as she felt, smiling brightly for those around her was something the girl tried to do as much as possible.

While I doubt I'll ever get to take a trip together with any friends, I hope they appreciate the thought. After all, I still intend to face the UN and Coalition as soon as they have their qualms sorted out. If they have to lock me up, so be it.

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @york @Verite @Kaykay

Reactions: Takumi
Ocelot would give his own sneer, instead aimed at Scott, Stiles, and Lang. "Cutting ties with the organizations now? My, it seems like a lot of people intend to drop like flies. I wonder who that reflects on the most; the Secretary-General, the people against the truth, or the Captain-Commander..." The soldier mused, keeping his weapons raised and armed, "But then, I'm simply a soldier. What do I know? Politics like these always quite bored me. Still, I know where my loyalties lie. If you must struggle to find where they lie after all this, then I'd bid you good luck on wherever you intend to seek it... That is, if it were an of my concern."
" Should is the key word. I never said that I was breaking the ties with the coalition, I was merely suggesting it. I personally will stay if there is a change. There are obviously deeper forces who want to destroy the multiverse, Umbrella, Monokuma and probably many others who want to see us fall. I don't understand a thing about politics, but in my experience, secrets can tear people apart. Lies can cause death, destruction and despair. It doesn't matter what they are, it doesn't matter if you have the best intentions, lies, secrets and everything else can tear even the best of packs apart, the best of friends apart. I should know, I lied and nearly lost my best friend because of it. Struggle is only human after all," he said to Oclet.

Scott looked at Oclet and looked at him. " Let's focus on the issues at hand. After this is all over, I will make my decision. We should find our missing Owlman and see if we can find Junko Enshoima," he said.

@Verite @Atomyk

He didn't seem to have much to say for himself, only keeping his revolvers in his hands in case anyone would try to make a move against him or Ritsuko.

Meanwhile, Kyoko wasn't so relaxed, her eyes widening even more than they'd already been when Kieran and Makoto would finally take their turn to speak again, and drop quite the bombshells.

Stepping down... Leaving?

kiri001.png

"K-Kieran, wait! Are you... Is this a resignation?! Where will you...?!"

Kyoko wanted to ask him where he was going, but by the time she'd gotten to that point, the former Captain-Commander now had stormed out of the Command Center, practically disappearing with the wind. More than that, her thoughts would be interrupted when Makoto would speak to her in that manner. In a flash, she was now the sole leader of the Coalition? It was a bit fast for even her to comprehend, but she wouldn't be afforded the luxury of time at the moment.

She gave the boy a look when he'd extend his arm out. Hmph. Boy... That was an interesting thing to call Makoto now, wasn't it? She'd known him for such a long time, it seemed like he'd always be a boy to her, and she'd always just be a girl. But before she knew it, they stopped being simple boys and girls a long time ago. Now, they were young men and women. It was like they were robbed of their youths... but as demonstrated back then during the illusion, she couldn't go back to reclaim it.

She had to keep moving forward, as a person, and as the new sole leader of the Coalition.

With a resigned sigh, she'd take Makoto's hand and shake it. A part of her pitied him for his mistakes. She couldn't come to completely hate him. After all, this wasn't even the first time he'd kept an important secret from her. After the handshake was done, she'd let go and turn around, her back facing Makoto, her long hair flowing in the wind, before speaking again after a brief moment, likely to contemplate what this means for the future.

uH0JMCG.png

"Then... You better mean it. I won't forgive you if you don't put a hundred percent effort into this, Makoto. But... As long as you promise to keep by my side, no lies, no runarounds, then... Maybe, just maybe, one day, together, we'll be able to rebuild the Coalition, better than it ever was."

"Or at least, so I could hope."

@Atomyk @Crow @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @UN / Coalition Drama

1QIZTPG.png

Kieran stopped and turned to Mason, smiling. It was a far cry from both the anger and sadness he'd exhibited during the argument before, and Kieran looked as if a heavy load had been lifted off his shoulders. "My deal? I just quit... not sure what else you want from me. Now's maybe not the best time to up and leave, but it wasn't like my presence was helping the situation in there, was it? I'm not gone yet, anyway. Still have friends to see off..." Putting his hands on his hips, the man seemed more at ease than ever.

"And I know, there's still a traitor. I wish everyone the best of luck there. I know you're new around here, Mason, but I do believe in them... that's why I'm comfortable with leaving. Makoto and I may have started to disagree, but he's got a powerful will. Kyoko too. They've been through a lot together. So, you see... I'm not leaving as surrender, I just know when it's time to end something. This position has changed me for the worse, and I think it's about time Kieran tried getting back to his old self."

@Mason Moretti

EOTrV1D.png

It wasn't just a handshake Makoto wanted. After she was finished speaking, he boldly pulled her into a hug. "I promise. It's a new beginning, Kyoko. You're here now, and everything will be different. You can hope... and we can hope together."

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Minerva @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @Kaykay @Hospes @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies

@Everyone

As Ilona stood in her spot near Shiki, she began to hear her own heartbeat echoing in her ears. The sound made the voices of those around her seem faint, but the girl was so focused on Shiki and the environment that she was indeed able to make out what the others were saying. She was glad the others were trying to reason with him too. The more people who would pitch in and try to help, the better! The only one who would speak out that Ilona felt uncertain about was Weiss, who really didn't help the situation by telling them to back away from Shiki--that he might get them killed. The goal here wasn't to get him more worked up.

"H-He won't hurt us, isn't that right, Shiki?" she mumbled, voice trembling as she waited for him to respond. On the slim chance that she was wrong, Ilona knew she would be the first one to feel his wrath considering how closely she stood to him. While her fearful human nature dreaded this and wanted to pull away as quickly as possible, she remained firmly in place. Besides, if she couldn't trust a friend to keep his powers in check, how would she ever be able to trust herself?

Finally the words of those around him seemed to effect the young man, slowly melting away his resolve to fight like a cube of ice being held under the flame of a candle. She released her hold on him when he would slump to the ground, taking a couple steps back. Before he even touched the ground Ilona knew he was back to himself again. Thank goodness. His rampage was over at last.

As if she had just finished running for miles, Ilona then panted heavily, wiping away sweat that was now dripping down her face. Her head pounded and chest hurt as well, the gravity of how stressed she had been finally hitting her. Ilona pressed a hand to her chest, breathing heavily while closing her eyes. She said nothing for a moment, trying to rein herself in after what had happened.

4KN7SrK.png

I-- That was the highest amount of stress I've been under since I found that body back in the Coalition, yet my powers did not activate. Do these people truly have anything to fear from me? Perhaps the accident was only a fluke and will never happen again...

Ilona ran a hand through her hair, opening her puffy, bloodshot eyes after a moment.

Oh, Sun, I'm so tired. How I would love to just lie here on the ground, say a prayer, and go to sleep. Even with how loud it's been in here, I don't doubt I could still fall into a slumber.

Ilona sighed, offering Shiki a tired smile. "It is quite all right, Shiki. That is exactly why you have us, your friends, here. I'm certain I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm glad I was able to help somehow. It was only fair, after all, you have helped me very much. Do you feel okay? Let me know if there is anything I may do for you..."

I certainly hope he is well after going through all of that. He did and said what he did all because he didn't want me to lift the weight of my burden alone. He wished to entirely take it from me and hold it on his own shoulders. Nobody has ever wanted to do something like that for me. I'm uncertain how to even feel about such a thing. It was overwhelmingly kind. How will I ever repay such an act of kindness?

"A-Ah, and thank you for stepping in to speak as well, Lady Weiss, Miss Ruby, Sir Mason, and Miss Sakuya," the princess added, bowing to the group.

Why had she even thanked Weiss? It's not like the woman had ever done anything but treat Ilona like shit anyhow. : |

8ubuvoE.png

"Would anyone care for a vacation starting now? Anywhere in all of time and space, just name it. I'd fancy a beach myself, a beach in a place where it is legal for a nineteen-year-old and other underaged individuals to drink an alcoholic beverage. While I've never tried such drinks, I feel as if we all could use one," she half-joked, her voice sounding more tired with every word. She looked like a mess, and really someone should've just made her sit down and rest.

Even after her speech from before, she still wouldn't stop her rambling for some reason. She took another step back after speaking, swaying to the side due to fatigue, almost as if she might fall over, thankfully catching herself. "Or perhaps that would not be a good idea for me," she added, holding a goofy smile on her lips.

The smile and the rambling was all due to their circumstances. She felt that everyone had suffered enough, and deserved to hear light-hearted words--at least for a moment--rather than something serious. As tired and dreary as she felt, smiling brightly for those around her was something the girl tried to do as much as possible.

While I doubt I'll ever get to take a trip together with any friends, I hope they appreciate the thought. After all, I still intend to face the UN and Coalition as soon as they have their qualms sorted out. If they have to lock me up, so be it.

"This..." Kido began to shed tears of joy as he wipes them away. Apparently he had a fancy tray of tea and crumpets by his side and he was sitting on a chair, as if he was watching a movie. Where did those desserts come from? That is a question we will never uncover.

6a00d8341c7dce53ef017615f054a9970c-pi.jpg

"... this is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Even through thick and thin, their bonds still resonate with each other. Even though we're all pretty much doomed and stuff, we all have learned something important today - friendship is cheap, family is forever! You are not friends, you are family!

Wait, did I just say that? God I really need to work on my wording."

Kido claps, expecting others to follow suit.

Upon hearing Illona's half-joke, Kido responds, "I know a few good places that you guys can sit back, relax and stuff. As for the alcohol part, it's only illegal if others know, so yeah, it's illegal because I just said it out loud. In a room with a bunch of adults who know. You five deserve a break after this... uh... thing... whatever this thing is anymore. No seriously, what's going on?"

glXTgGe.png

"If everyone is complete with their feuds," Madoka turns attention to herself as she points to Add's still-present single Dynamo, "might someone help me destroy that object?"

Knowing that Elesis would try to deflect the requested attack, Madoka prepares to engage in combat with the Dark Avenger.

Kido then slides the portable tray of desserts towards Remilia. "You keep that, Miss," he smiles as he picks the chair he was sitting on up and tosses it at Add's Dynamo.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Hospes @york @Kaykay
ritko1.jpg

"Of course they do. You see, Producer Kido, the thing about actions, consequences, and how they reflect when time goes down... is that the result will be what counts in the end. That is what lives in infamy," Ritsuko spoke, standing her ground despite the others against her, "And so, I found exactly what I was looking for. Nothing more, nothing less."

She would then turn to Wynne, almost seeming to give a sneer. "A good reason to lie to me, of the UN? You overestimate what you can get away with. When will you learn that your actions have consequences?" She spoke and asked simply.

WBJfeMo.png

"I have a little question - what would you do to those who continue to support Robin? Are they a threat to you? Just asking."

With all the drama going on, there was someone that Lalonde had noticed was missing from the scene. Where and when she had gone was lost on the woman as she looked about the Command Center. "Excuse me... but has anyone seen Junko Enoshima? She seems to have suddenly disappeared."

She turned to look upon the portal Junko had summoned, still standing undisturbed. Had she gone in? Hopefully not... "While the leaders of these organizations talk through their issues, does anyone mind looking for her with me? We could conduct a search for both her and Owlman."

@Everyone
" Should is the key word. I never said that I was breaking the ties with the coalition, I was merely suggesting it. I personally will stay if there is a change. There are obviously deeper forces who want to destroy the multiverse, Umbrella, Monokuma and probably many others who want to see us fall. I don't understand a thing about politics, but in my experience, secrets can tear people apart. Lies can cause death, destruction and despair. It doesn't matter what they are, it doesn't matter if you have the best intentions, lies, secrets and everything else can tear even the best of packs apart, the best of friends apart. I should know, I lied and nearly lost my best friend because of it. Struggle is only human after all," he said to Oclet.

Scott looked at Oclet and looked at him. " Let's focus on the issues at hand. After this is all over, I will make my decision. We should find our missing Owlman and see if we can find Junko Enshoima," he said.

@Verite @Atomyk

WBJfeMo.png

"But first, priorities. Yeah, I have a very, very bad feeling about this.

Out of the rabbit hole and into Waterhole down we go. Niiihiiii..."

A very unenthusiastic edition of his verbal tick escaped his mouth.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"It's like I said, Shiki. The power of the gods comes from those who believe in them. All these people here believe in Shiki Tohno, and that's the Shiki who prevailed. We're glad to have you back."

4KN7SrK.png

8ubuvoE.png

Now that things had... calmed down, to say the least, Shiki would let out a somewhat shaky sigh in an attempt to catch his breath. He was back to normal now, thankfully. At least, as normal as can be. He nodded in response to Ilona's initial question, before slowly helping himself back up to his feet, his legs just a tad shaky after all that he'd put himself through.

"Friends, huh..." He murmured to himself thoughtfully, as though he hadn't heard a term like that in quite a while. He'd been alone for quite a while. Lord knows how long it'd been since he left the mansion to find himself, since he'd fought that Umbrella man who called him a Progenitor, since he'd stumbled upon the Coalition Headquarters and stayed there to figure things out, to anticipate the coming storm that he felt.

Perhaps this entire ordeal was that storm indeed.

Shiki06.png

"A... vacation world, huh? Well, I suppose we'll see about that," Shiki replied with a noncommittal tone, rubbing the back of his head slightly and letting out a small laugh.

"I've certainly had wine before and, while I can't really say how well I can comparatively hold my alcohol, it... ended on quite the interesting note," he recounted idly, remembering that time his sister had thrown a welcome back party for him when he'd come back to the mansion for the first time in ten years. And then, before he knew it, the next day, he woke up with said dear sister sleeping in bed with him.

Or was it one of the maids? Damn, he couldn't even remember.

hPdRL3C.png

"And just for the record, Moretti... If I did go all out, I still would have won..." Shiki mumbled under his breath, before Mason would leave to confront Kieran.

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @york

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Dammit, what's he up to...?

Shizuo knew Esper well, and he knew that whatever he had planned involved that piece of rock in his hand. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good either with how desperate the guy seemed. With that in mind, the bartender closed the distance between them quickly, his hands lashing out to either punch Add's lights out or to tear the ore away from his hands.

"STOP MOVING, YOU PUNK!"
glXTgGe.png

"If everyone is complete with their feuds," Madoka turns attention to herself as she points to Add's still-present single Dynamo, "might someone help me destroy that object?"

Knowing that Elesis would try to deflect the requested attack, Madoka prepares to engage in combat with the Dark Avenger.

Kido then slides the portable tray of desserts towards Remilia. "You keep that, Miss," he smiles as he picks the chair he was sitting on up and tosses it at Add's Dynamo.

tumblr_o82zzy9UG21v3qowuo7_100.png

"W-Wait! Don't break-"

As desperation flooded his mind, Add realized what Shizuo was about to do, and helplessly warned him to not do this. Of course, he didn't finish saying this warning, but moments before the inevitable happened, it was visible that the rock had been cracked slightly already.

"... it."

Finishing what he meant to say, the Esper stared at what was now bits and pieces of that strange ore... scattered all over the floor. The silence settled for a few good moments, but Add appeared not so... shocked by how this went. Did he plan this?

tumblr_o8306oevsX1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... okay, I was planning to break this Dark El Shard myself, but... you did that for me, Shizu-chan. Now... we watch and see what happens..."

For a bit, nothing happened. It was like a horrid bluff to come out of this Esper's mouth. However, something did start to take action. A sudden spike of corrupt aura came from the ruins of what Add claimed to be a Dark El Shard. To say that this was a demonic power was an understatement, but what Add planned for this to help him... wasn't going to go exactly how he wanted it.

He knew with the case of Elesis, she had broken her shard and gained powers from the Dark El just like that. So Add assumed the same would happen with him. What he overlooked in his case, he was the first to damage it, being the initiator, but he wasn't the only one to break it. In a way, Shizuo's involvement threw his original planning apart,and Add wasn't aware of this until it was too late.

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... no... there isn't something right here... I should've gotten..."

Upon realizing the huge oversight of his last resort, Add momentarily realized the potential consequences of this... mere seconds before the corrupt dark aura of the broken shard had materialized physical tendrils... Not giving Add the time to defend himself, the shadowy tendrils would force themselves into Add's physical form, mostly focused into his chest crystal and his left eye.

The Esper screamed out in agony, clutching at his face and trying to close his eyes to numb out the pain. Even then, his left eye was forced open to allow this corrupt aura to deliberately force itself upon him. With this much trauma being put out into his mental processes as well as physical, his Dynamos would immediately shut off and fall to the ground as pieces of metal. It didn't take long for him to feel himself go numb everywhere, and before he could try anything else, he collapsed onto the floor unconscious just as the corrupt aura of the broken Dark El Shard had finished inhabiting his body.

All that would be seen on the unconscious Add was that the scar that ran down the left side of his head was now a bloodish red color instead of a vibrant purple... and that his chest crystal appeared with a minor crack across it... giving off an eerie red glow in contrast to the purple material of the crystal.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster

Before Elesis could strike, she stopped herself, around the same time that the lone Dynamo near here had abruptly shut off and fell to the ground. For now, she appeared confused, probably back to her normal self...

@Crow

Before Elesis could strike, she stopped herself, around the same time that the lone Dynamo near here had abruptly shut off and fell to the ground. For now, she appeared confused, probably back to her normal self...

@Crow
glXTgGe.png

"Nevermind. My dilemma appears to be complete."

Madoka uses Reindhart's hammer to smash Add's Dynamo repeatedly into smithereens, just in case it begins to function again. "Be gone from the realm of the living, foul contraption. May you never see the light of day again," Madoka says in a manner so cold and cruel, it could potentially send chills up everyone's spines. "I am coming for your five brethren and Master soon."

"I am glad that you are doing fine, Elesis," Madoka returns to her regular self as she looks at Elesis. She lets a hand out. "Are you alright?"

@Gummi Bunnies

#Fight W/ Shiki

1W7F9zX.png

But then he'd stop.

Xr2d5H0.png

Inspirational?

Mason turns towards the exit of the Command Center and addresses the present company. "If you'll excuse me, I have some other business to attend to while I remain powered up. Call it a hunch, but I still have some suspicions. This armor may still come in handy if my hunch is right."

@Hospes @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @york

4KN7SrK.png

8ubuvoE.png

"..."

"..."

gV1FJKC.png

0OFhsfS.png

@Everyone
1QIZTPG.png

@Mason Moretti

EOTrV1D.png

nWhDZhe.png

@Everyone
Now that things had... calmed down, to say the least, Shiki would let out a somewhat shaky sigh in an attempt to catch his breath. He was back to normal now, thankfully. At least, as normal as can be. He nodded in response to Ilona's initial question, before slowly helping himself back up to his feet, his legs just a tad shaky after all that he'd put himself through.

"Friends, huh..." He murmured to himself thoughtfully, as though he hadn't heard a term like that in quite a while. He'd been alone for quite a while. Lord knows how long it'd been since he left the mansion to find himself, since he'd fought that Umbrella man who called him a Progenitor, since he'd stumbled upon the Coalition Headquarters and stayed there to figure things out, to anticipate the coming storm that he felt.

Perhaps this entire ordeal was that storm indeed.

Shiki06.png

"A... vacation world, huh? Well, I suppose we'll see about that," Shiki replied with a noncommittal tone, rubbing the back of his head slightly and letting out a small laugh.

"I've certainly had wine before and, while I can't really say how well I can comparatively hold my alcohol, it... ended on quite the interesting note," he recounted idly, remembering that time his sister had thrown a welcome back party for him when he'd come back to the mansion for the first time in ten years. And then, before he knew it, the next day, he woke up with said dear sister sleeping in bed with him.

Or was it one of the maids? Damn, he couldn't even remember.

hPdRL3C.png

"And just for the record, Moretti... If I did go all out, I still would have won..." Shiki mumbled under his breath, before Mason would leave to confront Kieran.

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @york
@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Verite @Atomyk
@Others?

Ruby Rose

Ruby had barely registered it when Mason had lifted her out of the way, she had been a bit too absorbed in the whole situation. It was only when Shiki finally snapped out of his trance, that she snapped back to reality.

Shiki was finally back... The real Shiki, the one she had glimpsed during the fight against the Arch-Demon, the very same one that had befriended Ilona.

His animalistic tendencies had faded, thanks to the combined efforts of her, Weiss, Sakuya, and most importantly, Ilona. However, that moment where Shiki had almost killed everyone in this room, where he had gone berserk, she came to realize something.

Despite them having been literally worlds apart before the coalition happened, she had one thing in common;

anger.

That feeling of losing control, the desparation that drove them to try and take all the troubles in their own hands.

It was that very same feeling, that had consumed her when her mother had died.

Though it wasn't an immediate thing; she was still a child, and couldn't even comprehend what had happened, but even so... Her older sister, Yang, must have felt it too.

She set off to find answers, with Ruby herself, being asleep in a little cart, pulled along without even realizing it.

On that day, the grief that had wracked her older siser could have been the end of both of their lives, had Qrow not saved them.

Perhaps this was what had driven her so far on her path to become a huntress, only fueled further by her eventual acceptance that her mother was gone.

Sure, on the outside, she still acted like a child, and in a way... She was a child, but on the inside... She had experienced alot more than a child should have, than someone her age would have.

There were countless she wished she could be the one to bear all the pain in the world, so others didn't have to, so much so that she became reckless.

Reckless enough to get herself killed.

It was a miracle she was even alive right now.

Her bold pursuit of what seemed to be a common thief, almost leading to her end in the light of a power greater than she had been prepared for.

That headstrong charge at the deathstalker she had made during her first day at beacon...

Her countless battles on behalf of the coalition...

And now, perhaps her rashes move of all; standing, unarmed... In front of someone that was merely moments away from ending the life of everyone in the room.

Qrow... Glynda... Weiss...

If it hadn't been for them, her life could have ended months, or even years ago.

But this time, what truly stopped her from meeting her end wasn't some Uncle with a badass scythe, or a huntress leagues from her own skill, or even a worried team mate.

Shiki himself, had managed to stop himself.

His apology quickly brought her out of her thoughts, and back to reality.

She had been moments away from death, in fact, the same could be said about everyone else in the room, in a way, but even then... Ruby couldn't help but smile.

ytQgvhJ.gif

"Oh! It's okay. I mean... What really matters is that we're all still here... Right?" She said.

It was... Quite an abrupt shift from that rash act from before. She had returned to that familiar, more cheerfull little girl that she once was, before the whole debacle with the coalition.

Ilona's suggestion of a multiversal vacation seemed to rile her up a little, and for a moment, she seemed a little thoughtfull, tapping her chin.

"A... Vacation?" She said inquisitively.

Though that was quickly followed by... A sudden burst of enthusiasm, as her expression changed from a thoughtfull one, to an ecstatic one once she realized the implications of a custom multiversal vacation.

"A beach would be amazing! W-We could bring swimsuits, and toys, and and... An inflatable bar-"

Ruby rambled on for a while, about activities she could plan for them on that vacation, the mountain of items they could bring with them... Optimal times since there would be a short break in classes at beacon soon, talking progressively faster and faster, until her sentences seemed to meld together into one big word.

"And and...-" Ruby suddenly stopped, mostly because she ran out of air.

Her face was actually a little flushed, though it was hard to tell if it was the lack of oxygen, or embarassment, but it was likely both.

At any rate, she took a deep breath before she cleared her throat, and tried to... Improvise.

"Ahem... I mean... I'd love to go!" She said sheepishly.

Though then she remembered what Lalonde said, about Junko missing, that and Owlman was too. Though she had been caught up in all this chaos with Shiki, she had caught bits and pieces of what was going on with the coalition leaders, and a few things others have said.

She could gather that Makoto, and Kieran were stepping down as Coalition leaders, and there had been some dirt unearthed, but that could wait.

Ruby realized a big priority to her, and the others right now, while the coalition leaders talked amongst each other was to locate Junk and Owlman, though her focus was mostly on Owlman.

Though they hadn't interacted a whole ton in the coalition, she had always felt something... Off about him, though whenever he caught her looking at him, he tried to act friendly and smile, it almost seemed like he was trying to disguise some other expression that was on his face. She could have sworn that behind that smile, lay a look of disdain... Annoyance, and... Perhaps something else.

In either case, that man never gave her very good vibes, and perhaps this was for good reason, seeing as he was missing now.

"Um... But for now, I think I'm gonna help Lalone look for Owlman." She said, looking more serious now.

Slowly, but surely, she might just be maturing, but who the heck knows. In either case, it was clear that she wanted to tie up any loose ends before they started on their vacation, the last thing they wanted was to be away when something big went down because of someone, or something that they missed right now.​

Zwei

"Arf!"

The little bark that came from Zwei's direction was quick to remind Ruby, and probably the others around her of his presense.

It looked like he had hung back throughout the whole ordeal, but now that it was over, he stood beside Ruby, wagging his tail a little.

Though he couldn't talk, his actions alone were enough to tell the others that he was going with Ruby, despite that yearning look in his eyes whenever he glanced towards Weiss's direction.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.