• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_ocnjru2RhU1v3qowuo6_100.png

"..."

Just at that moment, Elesis had stopped talking altogether, and in an instant, she had leapt over and deflected the shurikens away with her sword. All of a sudden, Elesis had returned to how she was acting when she first got involved in this incident, that she was under the control of Add once more, probably to go and protect his lone Dynamo from being harmed in this case. Speaking of it, the one Dynamo that Add had sent out to this area did nothing in terms of attack preparation. It was only... there. Either way, Elesis wasn't going to let anyone harm it, given that she was back into use as Add's human weapon.

@Crow @everybody lol​

glXTgGe.webp

"Wha- what the-"

Oh dear.

"Elesis, you have to fight it!" Madoka readies her hammer for combat. "I know you're in there Elesis, and I don't want to hurt you..."

The rocket hammer charged up, preparing to clash with the Dark Avenger's blade.

"... but I am afraid that I must."

It's totally OK because it's a blunt weapon!

All of a sudden, Madoka and Elesis were pulled apart by the power of the Scarlet Witch's magic!

@Gummi Bunnies

Fighting. It was nonsense. Politics, personal grudges, ego, and selfishness made for nothing but trouble. Quietly, Wanda watched. She had to admit, she was with Kieran, to a point. However. This had to end. Raising her hand, it started to glow as energy swarmed around her like bugs to a light.

"Stop."

Suddenly, everyone, all the fighting, it stopped. everyone felt pulled to different corners.

"This is going no where. Ilona has the right to live the life she wants. No reason I see to make her atone when she's more than willing to atone herself. Let her make her own path. Of course she needs guidance, but she knows that. She has a right to a life. She has a right to pursue happiness. "

"And the multiverse has a right to live without fear of destruction, dear."

Wynne's words cut in the air as she planted her beliefs firm.

"The rights of one should never come before the safety of all. What you're promoting is dangerous. and selfish. I see people here who think they're better than this dissuasion, better than the political meat of this matter. "Just end it" they call for, or they just say nothing. If you think what I'm saying is injustice, I rather you call me out than hide your feelings. No one likes politics, I'll be the first to admit it. However, this girl can sadly not be trusted. If that makes me the villain, I'll ware that badge with honor and poise. I am not backing down to this is solved. We need to but the idealism away, and see with clear eyes. ."

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Jeremi @The Tactician @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Nater Taters @Yun Lee
"This whole fight and debate doesn't seem to really be about Ilona and the multiverse anymore. It seems to mostly be about political leaders butting heads and whatnot if anything. Call me neive if you want but that's just how it seems and just...all of this in-fighting due to conflicting beliefs and opinions has gotten out of hand at this point without any solutions and will only shed blood at this point if it keeps up." Toboe responded to Wynne bluntly, face blank for the most part as he listened to those around them speak.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

WBJfeMo.webp

"I strongly agree with Toboe," Kido nods, "to top it off - doublecrossers, spies, and others that are merely using this little debate regarding Illona as a disguise for their ulterior motives... I will not stand for such displays. What if this entire debate was rooted from such all along? What if Illona - and all of us in general - was used from the very beginning? Mere pawns in a bigger game? Who knows, maybe we have more..."

Oh no! Of course!

"Tales lady! The one with the diamond hat! Kind of forgot which game you were from... Zestria right? Zestria 2? Uh... ignore my statements prior statement, but please answer my next question..." Kido points to Leia. "Tell me - this 'Owlman' individual, where did you last see him before his supposed disappearance?"

glXTgGe.webp

"Brother, where is this headed?" Madoka asks.

"You know where this is going, sister."

Kido looks at Bekka and Lois for a bit, then turns back to Leia.

"Does this 'Owlman' possess a grey-hued article of clothing with an 'O' in the front, possesses a large number of technological weapons, wears a mask resembling that of an owl's head, and probably a car stylized after an owl?"

@Atomyk @Josh M @Takumi

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
BANG!

Just before Shizuo's fist and Kido's attack would connect with Ritsuko, something quite peculiar would happen. The sound of a warning gunshot would ring throughout the room as a bullet headed straight for the ceiling, and then at the ground between Ritsuko, Bekka, and the others. However, of course, it wasn't Ritsuko who would pull the trigger on Shizuo and Kido. It was...

Z3u7iyy.gif

"What is defined as peace is written by the victors, as is history, Heiwajima, Kido. In the same sense that you would consider yourself a keeper of the peace... Perhaps one could say that I'm just a troublemaker then. I never did like to aim to misbehave, but I'm afraid I can't let you harm Ms. Akagi..."

Revolver Ocelot, who had snaked his way around the barrier Mason put up to separate him from Doppo, held his two guns up in the air, one still with a warm chamber from just firing a shot.

"After all, it's a person's job to protect their benefactors no matter what."

Standing a considerable distance from Shizuo and Kido, while Ritsuko would also back away from them, Ocelot kept his gaze fixated on the two of them, letting what he had said sink in, before deciding to nail it in deeper.

"Just as you want to protect who you truly work for, I must do my part as well."

But... That didn't make any sense. Unless there had been some foul play all this time, which there most certainly was.

Ocelot spoke as if to say... that Ritsuko was the one he truly worked for, and by extension, that he was a member of the United Nations. Not the Coalition, all this time.

icdVaTg.gif

"O-Ocelot, you... Your cover! You just exposed--!"

"I would much rather appreciate a thanks, Ms. Akagi, but I suppose a soldier has to get used to thankless jobs," the man mused nonchalantly, as though nothing of consequence had been revealed, "I've already gathered all the intel that could be found from the Coalition. Certainly a lot of digging. But I think I've found quite enough that the mission should end now. Wouldn't you agree?"

"..."

"Right... Well, I doubt that the news of the Coalition covering up a girl's suicide within their very own confines would shake their resolve, among other things I've discovered, but then, people like to gloss over the Multiverse Hotel Incident, don't they? Especially when most of it is redacted from the public library."

b9yrx8J.png

"O-Ocelot! What's... the meaning of this?!" Kyoko could only exclaim, shocked and angry at whatever game the soldier was trying to pull at. But it was no prank.

"As always, Commander Kirigiri, you're naive and green. You really should have stayed gone. This sort of work doesn't suit you," Ocelot spoke, "You don't even realize how dirty your own Coalition became while you were gone, or why the United Nations, or at least a higher-up like Ritsuko Akagi, would need to orchestrate a top secret, long-term infiltration mission to extract information from the Coalition that they'd been trying to cover up. Face it already. You've been played. Rused. And now that the jig's up, I'll have to ask you all nicely."

RKpCNgw.gif

"Stay away from her."

@Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Everybody

Whoosh.

When Saber would unleash the gas and attempt to move in on Shiki's position, she would find that in that instant, he had disappeared, as though swept away into the air with the gas! Saber would have perhaps at least two seconds to ascertain what the young man's position might have been, which was... right behind her!

c6891dc5296e40a08fae3cc976069688.png

Shiki had cut through the air with his knife, as though "killing" the effects of the mist as much as he could while in the midst of it. It wasn't to last for long the more he was inside it, but if it was enough to dispatch of the enemy, then it'd be worth it. In the air behind Saber, he swung his arm without hesitation, ready to inflict a killing slice, like any slice would be thanks to his Mystic Eyes, upon her, before something else would interfere.

Before he knew it, he and Saber were rendered trapped by Lois's power. Shiki struggled like a cage animal, gritting his teeth with labored grunts, as he tried to move past the winds, futile as it may have been. So he immediately tried the next best thing; observing the currents with his Mystic Eyes. However, it was too much immediate use of the Mystic Eyes. They strained on Shiki's very brain, and the moment he attempted to process the winds as something to "kill," he let out a pained groan, a headache comparable to an earthquake assaulting his being as he clenched his eyes shut.

"No, you... don't under...stand... It all... needs to die! For good!"

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

@Everybody
The floor cracked beneath Saber's feet at the attack, the false King rising slowly to her feet through strength and stubborn will alone. Regarding Lois, she scrutinized the cyborg and hummed quietly in thought. This one she recalled had been level-headed enough that her master had approached her for help. For that much at least, she stayed her hand.

Otherwise, a little Hellfire introduced into the winds would have done all her work for her, if she wanted lethal means.

The look of sheer disdain was enough reply for him, before she addressed Lois.

"My methods would have crippled...Long enough to keep him down to be healed and kept safely away from the crowd."

She glanced over at the current movements of the people around and smirked mirthlessly.

"Though it seems you now have more problems to deal with at hand."

Saber Alter directed her words to the following.

"In the absence of my Master, I revert to his first allegiance.... M.E.U. leaders. Do we withdraw or do we intervene?"

In her hand, Excalibur Fake flashed into appearance. The atmosphere already groaning under the weight as she stabbed her blade into the ground as a method to fight the winds, leaning on it to conserve her strength.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Minerva @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Everyone​
WBJfeMo.webp

"What?"

Kido would be shocked by the occurence.

"Mason was right to suspect you. Your actions did indeed make little sense. If only someone else had seen the implications...

... it's too late for all that now. I have a lot of questions, and hopefully they can be answered in time to come."

He briefly turns to Kyoko, with a serious face.

"Kyoko Kirigiri, I will not forgive you if you perish on this day!"

Turning back to his opponents, he grins.

"Shizuo, I'm counting on you for the first hit. I, on the other hand, have a good plan. Well, it's actually mediocre but..."

Kido was preparing something. His next few words would be most enthusiastic, and remniscent of a role call.

Mostly because it was.

"KidoP!"

The most legitimate businessman in the cosmos!

"MadokaP!"

Because every marching band needs a flagbearer... or something...

glXTgGe.webp

"Elesis! Are you fit to fight?" Madoka says as she gets into formation, pulling Elesis along with her and interrupting the role call.

"Zen!"

Acting from the heart.

"Artyom!"

The big guy.
For you.

"Train!"

Well, what can I say?

"Robin!"

The Tactician. And your boss.

"Toboe!"

Probably bites.

"Cheza!"

Let the light shine.

"And Mason!"

The one who united them a- wait, what?

"Mason's a little occupied right now, and so are we, apparently!" Kido grins. "Snake yourself out of this, Ocelot! Because we are..."

@FreeMasons

@Takumi @Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva

@Verite @The Tactician

@Gummi Bunnies
mfnlLhp.png

"I may just be an ordinary but handsome actor, but you know, I have another job to handle." He winked, "My loyalties lie where they lie." He reloaded his handgun with a slight frown, moving to stand near his allies. "You want to protect your boss, I want to protect mine. We've reached a nice impasse."
WyBu5hc.png

"Alright, I'll fight by your side. Hope I can at least help a little."

@FreeMasons

@Takumi @Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva

@Verite @The Tactician
Her memories of Saber were mostly of battle and war. Right now, that was exactly what the atmosphere felt like. Tense enough to cut through, when frustration and violence mingled in an electrified atmosphere. The scales would tip one way or another...And anyone caught up in it, would drag others with them. One would throw a punch, in retaliation. Another would shoot...And that would be all it took before an organization became a mob and the blood began to spill. That was an appropriate word....Mob.

Lady Zatanna was correct. This was no longer about Ilona anymore.

Saber Alter didn't care much, to be frank. There was a perfectly good suggestion from Dr. Lelonda which Saber expanded upon, one that would have been perfect for the situation. Instead, now it was down to what authority people wished to keep in front of everyone.

And when people realized that crowns were merely dead lumps of rock, that was when iron came into play. So she couldn't afford to falter, not at this point. Thoughts of morality, of law...Or even good and evil no longer came into play. This was survival, the end of all secrets.

Camelot burns tonight and for the second time, Saber would experience it firsthand as she prepared herself quietly for anyone coming her way with intent to harm Zatanna or the others under her care.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Everyone​
"I had a feeling it was you." Lang glared at Ocelot, teeth bared. "Your desperate insistance on justice for the three dead that Ilona 'killed,' your eagerness to keep us all divided into pairs...You were right after all Mason, he was suspicious."

He looked at everyone else. "I'm glad all this dirty laundry between these two factions us finally being aired," he growled. "We've moved on from Ilona being a proxy for the REAL issue here, so that's a start. I suggest we all put our weapons away and settle this like adults. We've lost plenty of our own today, no need to lose more, especially over this."

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Jeremi @The Tactician @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Nater Taters
Cheza kept a hold on Mason's hand during most of the in-fighting. But, when Shiki would point out Mason specifically she stood in front of him prospectively.

"No, you're wrong." she called, standing firmly between them and staring Shiki down. Her voice quivered slightly, but that was the only indication of how this situation made her felt. Sad, stressed, worried.

When Shiki's attention was taken from Mason she relaxed slightly.

By that time, Toboe had returned to her and Mason's sides protectively. He still looked like a bloodied mess but the look on his face was grave. From where he gad went to get patched up, he could hear pretty much everything that had been going on.

Toboe gave a tilt of his head to the Producer siblings when they called to him. He didn't say anything for a moment but was slightly confused.

"This whole fight and debate doesn't seem to really be about Ilona and the multiverse anymore. It seems to mostly be about political leaders butting heads and whatnot if anything. Call me neive if you want but that's just how it seems and just...all of this in-fighting due to conflicting beliefs and opinions has gotten out of hand at this point without any solutions and will only shed blood at this point if it keeps up." Toboe responded to Wynne bluntly, face blank for the most part as he listened to those around them speak.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Verite @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

Mason winced when Shiki had cut through the shackles. It felt as if Shiki were cutting through him directly. He sensed the sudden dark aura that emanated from Shiki and it caused fear to grip at his heart. His concentration broke and the things he made faded away. He was glad that Saber Alter and Lois had stepped in to stop Shiki. Otherwise, he might have not been able to.

Shiki's darkness had shaken Mason. Instinct told Mason to drop into darkness himself in order to fight him. It would have been another moment for Mason to fall into a Berserker rage if Kido had not called his name.

The sound of Kido's role call lit a fire in Mason's heart. The support of his friends, those around him who cared for him and believed in him, became his strength. His necklace began glowing with a bright white aura. An aura of light.

"You're right Ilona. These people do have the power of gods, but here's a secret about gods and goddesses across the multiverse. They're only as strong as those who believe in them. With all these people believing in me, I can't afford to lose."

Mason placed a hand on The World's Heart and called out, "Heart of This World! You brought me here! Whatever purpose you have for me, give me the strength to do so! Souls of the innocent, souls of my allies, and the soul of this very universe itself all come to me and give me strength!"

The bright light bursted forth from his necklace and covered his body. The Light Aura hardened into a strong protective shell. On top of that, a second layer formed, creating an elaborate suit of armor. Each piece of the armor reached out towards Mason's allies, pleading gently for a piece of their strength. If their hearts were willing to aid Mason, a piece of their own auras was taken and used to strengthen him. It wasn't much aura, but a piece from everyone amounted to a great increase in strength.

"Fighting back against the power of gods with the power of gods. I've done this only once before. Say hello to the Deus Armor, a mimicry of a god's power. It's not so strong on its own, but with a little help, it's immortal.

"Freemasons, Kido? I like the sound of that. Uniting you all together. This armor can stand as a symbol of that. Don't let me down.

"Madame Ilona, I know I claim I've fought gods... But I didn't exactly win last time. Might you pray to the Sun to give me guidance?"
((Insert post @Josh M because mobile and quote didn't work))

Mason felt himself pulled towards the corner of the room by Wanda's powers, but he planted his feet and stood his ground. He predicted Shiki making an attempt to kill Wanda's powers and preemptively prepared for Shiki to fight.

((Insert post @Crow because mobile and quote didn't work))

"Wait, Kido, you have video games within your universe? I might have to stop by again some time. After we take out the issue at hand, of course."

#Debate #Fight #Freemasons

Aura Inv:
Deus Armor
Aura Power: Friendship
Equip: Doesn't Matter RN
@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Minerva @Nater Taters @Sen @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @york @Jeremi

Last edited by a moderator:
BANG!

Just before Shizuo's fist and Kido's attack would connect with Ritsuko, something quite peculiar would happen. The sound of a warning gunshot would ring throughout the room as a bullet headed straight for the ceiling, and then at the ground between Ritsuko, Bekka, and the others. However, of course, it wasn't Ritsuko who would pull the trigger on Shizuo and Kido. It was...

Z3u7iyy.gif

"What is defined as peace is written by the victors, as is history, Heiwajima, Kido. In the same sense that you would consider yourself a keeper of the peace... Perhaps one could say that I'm just a troublemaker then. I never did like to aim to misbehave, but I'm afraid I can't let you harm Ms. Akagi..."

Revolver Ocelot, who had snaked his way around the barrier Mason put up to separate him from Doppo, held his two guns up in the air, one still with a warm chamber from just firing a shot.

Standing a considerable distance from Shizuo and Kido, while Ritsuko would also back away from them, Ocelot kept his gaze fixated on the two of them, letting what he had said sink in, before deciding to nail it in deeper.

"Just as you want to protect who you truly work for, I must do my part as well."

But... That didn't make any sense. Unless there had been some foul play all this time, which there most certainly was.

Ocelot spoke as if to say... that Ritsuko was the one he truly worked for, and by extension, that he was a member of the United Nations. Not the Coalition, all this time.

icdVaTg.gif

"I would much rather appreciate a thanks, Ms. Akagi, but I suppose a soldier has to get used to thankless jobs," the man mused nonchalantly, as though nothing of consequence had been revealed, "I've already gathered all the intel that could be found from the Coalition. Certainly a lot of digging. But I think I've found quite enough that the mission should end now. Wouldn't you agree?"

"..."

"Right... Well, I doubt that the news of the Coalition covering up a girl's suicide within their very own confines would shake their resolve, among other things I've discovered, but then, people like to gloss over the Multiverse Hotel Incident, don't they? Especially when most of it is redacted from the public library."

b9yrx8J.png

"O-Ocelot! What's... the meaning of this?!" Kyoko could only exclaim, shocked and angry at whatever game the soldier was trying to pull at. But it was no prank.

"As always, Commander Kirigiri, you're naive and green. You really should have stayed gone. This sort of work doesn't suit you," Ocelot spoke, "You don't even realize how dirty your own Coalition became while you were gone, or why the United Nations, or at least a higher-up like Ritsuko Akagi, would need to orchestrate a top secret, long-term infiltration mission to extract information from the Coalition that they'd been trying to cover up. Face it already. You've been played. Rused. And now that the jig's up, I'll have to ask you all nicely."

RKpCNgw.gif

"Stay away from her."

Whoosh.

When Saber would unleash the gas and attempt to move in on Shiki's position, she would find that in that instant, he had disappeared, as though swept away into the air with the gas! Saber would have perhaps at least two seconds to ascertain what the young man's position might have been, which was... right behind her!

Shiki had cut through the air with his knife, as though "killing" the effects of the mist as much as he could while in the midst of it. It wasn't to last for long the more he was inside it, but if it was enough to dispatch of the enemy, then it'd be worth it. In the air behind Saber, he swung his arm without hesitation, ready to inflict a killing slice, like any slice would be thanks to his Mystic Eyes, upon her, before something else would interfere.

Before he knew it, he and Saber were rendered trapped by Lois's power. Shiki struggled like a cage animal, gritting his teeth with labored grunts, as he tried to move past the winds, futile as it may have been. So he immediately tried the next best thing; observing the currents with his Mystic Eyes. However, it was too much immediate use of the Mystic Eyes. They strained on Shiki's very brain, and the moment he attempted to process the winds as something to "kill," he let out a pained groan, a headache comparable to an earthquake assaulting his being as he clenched his eyes shut.

@Everybody
094.png

"... You want to talk about dirty? You want to talk about fucked up shit?"

The bartender stopped for a moment as the shot rang out, but already, he was moving once again. However, his eyes were now set on the Major, on the gunslinger who had just revealed himself as a traitor, "Your boss there, Ritsuko. She's planted you in the Coalition as a spy, digging up all this information without a word to Robin or the Security Council... Giving her the dirt she needs to take control of it... Then she gets in good with Makoto, whispering in his ears. The kid just wanted to help Ilona... And the doctor got him to move her under all of our noses, after the body of that Valentine woman was found without a killer in sight... In the name of safety for all of us after the kid's powers went crazy..."

"A safety precaution that cost the lives of several good people when Umbrella just happened to attack them."

"Ilona's powers might have killed three people... But how many people is your boss going to have killed by chance or silenced by force to get her way, huh? For as much as she talks about the safety of all of us... She sure put a lot of people in danger, especially when she's now pushing for Robin to be taken out of power and helping set everyone against each other here, not accepting the compromises proposed..."

"Lalonde's offered an idea, Saber has as well, and I haven't heard a damn thing from her even considering it. She only wants her way, to have everything under her damn lead. Well, news flash, we're fucking done with this shit."

For a moment, the possibility hung in the air that the group would see Shizuo and Ocelot attempt to subdue or kill one another. However, with a scowl, the Peacekeeper turned away from the officer and began to walk away, to find Lucifer and help him with Add.

088.png

"Consider this my resignation, Robin. The U.N.'s full of too many snakes for me to feel comfortable working with. I'm siding with the priest and his knight, and you're welcome to join us any time."

094.png

The bartender stopped for a moment as the shot rang out, but already, he was moving once again. However, his eyes were now set on the Major, on the gunslinger who had just revealed himself as a traitor, "Your boss there, Ritsuko. She's planted you in the Coalition as a spy, digging up all this information without a word to Robin or the Security Council... Giving her the dirt she needs to take control of it... Then she gets in good with Makoto, whispering in his ears. The kid just wanted to help Ilona... And the doctor got him to move her under all of our noses, after the body of that Valentine woman was found without a killer in sight... In the name of safety for all of us after the kid's powers went crazy..."

"A safety precaution that cost the lives of several good people when Umbrella just happened to attack them."

"Ilona's powers might have killed three people... But how many people is your boss going to have killed by chance or silenced by force to get her way, huh? For as much as she talks about the safety of all of us... She sure put a lot of people in danger, especially when she's now pushing for Robin to be taken out of power and helping set everyone against each other here, not accepting the compromises proposed..."

"Lalonde's offered an idea, Saber has as well, and I haven't heard a damn thing from her even considering it. She only wants her way, to have everything under her damn lead. Well, news flash, we're fucking done with this shit."

For a moment, the possibility hung in the air that the group would see Shizuo and Ocelot attempt to subdue or kill one another. However, with a scowl, the Peacekeeper turned away from the officer and began to walk away, to find Lucifer and help him with Add.

088.png

"Consider this my resignation, Robin. The U.N.'s full of too many snakes for me to feel comfortable working with. I'm siding with the priest and his knight, and you're welcome to join us any time."

"I'm pretty sure Lucifer's not a faction." Bekka responded to the bartender. "Though I imagine you leaving will be a huge blow to the UN I'm sure."

@Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician

Kieran's axe fell from his hand as his mouth opened and closed uselessly. He was becoming choked up, unable to form words at this awful, horrible string of revelations. "That's not... we didn't... the Coalition had cause to hide..." His head fell, obscuring his face as it grew as red as his armor.

bOYbDD9.png

"..."

Makoto had known such information would get out eventually, no matter what they did. It was ridiculous to think the United Nations wouldn't have a spy looking into their business, all things considered. That it was Ritsuko who authorized such a move was in-line with the way she seemed to conduct herself. Makoto didn't know exactly where he was supposed to place his beliefs in now, for it seemed any outcome from all this led down disaster. "We're sorry," Makoto said, not speaking very urgently. It was likely he wouldn't be heard by those in the midst of shouting or fighting, but there was only one person in particular he wanted to hear this.

Looking to Kyoko, Makoto continued, "Everything Kieran and I have said, that has been the reality for a long time now. I agreed with Kieran, in the moment, that covering up the incident was best for the Coalition, but it didn't feel right. I was scared of what would happen both if it was known and if it became apparent we lied. I have tried to do best by my people. Kyoko..."

Kieran dropped to the ground, resting his face against his palm. "I'm so tired," he said. "Captain-Commander Kieran refuses to fight any longer."

Makoto crossed his arms, though it was more like he was hugging himself. It seemed everyone was now assuming that Ritsuko had set Ilona up, but Makoto didn't feel that was right. He knew such thoughts would be seen as naive, but perhaps Makoto just didn't feel right with the idea he could have possibly agreed with someone no sense of morality. With conspiracies of traitors and spies blowing up around them, Makoto feared this was going to be the Coalition's final debacle.

"Uhhhh--" Leia looked at Kido like he was crazy. She'd seemed to have calmed down since the fighting the Ocelot began. "Yeah, that's what Owlman looks like, I guess."

As for Morrigan, she was having none of this as well. She joined Zatanna at the sidelines.

3vVWXFh.png

"I have nothing more to say on this Ilona matter, that's to be certain. The Coven is already well aware of the cagey behavior of both organizations, so I see no need for us to get involved further. 'Twould seem the Coalition's leaders are currently not in favor of a brawl, so there is absolutely no obligation to us."

She gestured to Shizuo as he spoke of Lucifer and proceeded to walk away. "Lucifer sure has a knack for gathering strays," she said, almost pointedly toward Saber Alter. "I do hope that man doesn't think he will be able to join the MEU when this is all over."

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Josh M

tumblr_ocnj1fUbRO1v3qowuo4_100.png

"Oh really?"

Add gave out another grin of his, maybe he wasn't listening to what Lucifer had to say. Any sane person that was being given this offer would've taken it to save them the trouble of a mob after their heads, but Add? He wasn't too concerned about that due to his lack of any sanity... and that he had some sort of fail safe if it does become too much for him.

So...

Whether Lucifer expected this happening or not, a focused spark of electricity was shot out from two of the Dynamos that Add had present with him, aiming for the man's head in an attempt to knock him out with the fatal amounts of electricity the weapons could dish out. In a way, Add was disregarding the words that were being told to him, that he was going along with just resisting arrest at this very moment.

tumblr_o82zwxBq2X1v3qowuo7_100.png

"How about we have some fun instead? And then you can look towards putting me in that lonely cell. Kekekekeke!"

Leaping into the air and using the other two Dynamos as a hoverboard of some sort, Add began to rip open a time rift, but it wasn't for an escape as something seemed to be generating from it. Guess this esper wasn't going to come along quietly to be put in a cell after all.
Meanwhile, away from it all....

The electricity crackled in the air, ozone and flashes of light cascading in the direction of Add's target.

But when the lightning faded, it would have been a different sight instead that greeted the Esper.

The Executor remained standing. In his hand, summoned at his side was the reforged Saint Guillotine. A blade forged on the same principle of the Black Keys of the Burial Agency and blessed at every level of creation. Against spirits, it was a bane. Against nightmares and monstrosities of the dark, it was a blazing sword in the wilderness....Against anything else?

It was really, really sharp. : |

Using it as a method to conduct the electricity away, Lucifer gripped the insulated handle- A little trick he learned from past experience as he looked upon Add with no trace of glee. No anticipation. Nothing of the sort that would denote one person fighting another. There was only stone- The impassive expression of a man who had a duty to fulfill and would do it, without question.

The warning had been given. Add had chosen his path, now? It was time to follow his.

He moved into action, charging down the hallway in a sharp sprint to close the distance, bringing the blade from the bottom up in a slash as he leaped upward for Add, aiming for his chest.

@Gummi Bunnies

------------
As for Morrigan, she was having none of this as well. She joined Zatanna at the sidelines.

3vVWXFh.png

"I have nothing more to say on this Ilona matter, that's to be certain. The Coven is already well aware of the cagey behavior of both organizations, so I see no need for us to get involved further. 'Twould seem the Coalition's leaders are currently not in favor of a brawl, so there is absolutely no obligation to us."

She gestured to Shizuo as he spoke of Lucifer and proceeded to walk away. "Lucifer sure has a knack for gathering strays," she said, almost pointedly toward Saber Alter. "I do hope that man doesn't think he will be able to join the MEU when this is all over."
Her time working with Zatanna and in between the tests with Dr. Harold had mellowed the False Servant for a long time. The former as an example that even Magus were people too, not all of them bigoted and Dr. Harold- Who while she still made her nervous, treated her as a patient and person rather then an experiment. And yet she knew they were but a small portion of those that were atypically Morrigan. So while the comment on the 'strays' was ignored where she was concerned?

The slur against her Master, was not.

"I have known folk like you, in recent memory and those planted within me witch. A moniker I give not for your magic, but by your deeds and mouth condemning you. You act as though compassion is a weakness, that the desire to do good is a monopoly taken only by those who think like you. In another time perhaps I might have even agreed." Saber displayed a smile best suited for that with a fin, fast approaching a swimmer.

"But I see now only the pathetic ramblings of a woman from a backwater realm, who's lost the entire meaning of your precious Multiversal Emergency Squad if she's ever even known it to begin with. The moment you've lost was the day you started seeing people as things and treated them as such in your machinates, rather then acknowledge what you may learn. To see each person by measure of their gender alone, rather then the deeds and actions they have taken to assist. I have seen him wait uncomplainingly on the most menial task, snubbed at every opportunity- All instigated by those who think as you do. If these are the rewards of a man- Yes, a man who has done nothing but attempt to hold himself to a higher standard, judged himself harsher then you ever will to uphold the principles of that organization?"

She looked the mage in the eye.

"Then the M.E.U. you envision in your image is just as corrupt as those which I see before me today. And that alone, if nothing else should give you pause. Magus."

@Atomyk

Train Heartnet could feel beads of sweat begin to form on his forehead as the arguing only escalated. While he was a skilled man when it came to fighting physically, all of this verbal drama really was throwing him for a loop. He had managed to get in a word earlier, but it seemed as if so many topics were being tossed about that his own voice held little value on the grand scale of words that had been said in the room so far. He would simply stare at Arty when his friend would approach, appearing lost.

tumblr_inline_nl0lqlvObk1r3leyb.png

"Arty I-- This is really a mess," Train began, flexing his fingers at his sides. His hands were itching to move to the gun he kept at his side, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to step in and make things any worse. "I honestly don't know what to do. But if this breaks out into violence, I just want you to know that I'm on your side. So don't fire at me," he said, meaning his statement to be a joke. It was difficult for his words to seem joking, however, with how serious the tone in the room had become.

Meanwhile, the pressure of standing in the middle of everyone and trying to speak caused Ilona's knees to buckle. Before anyone could react, however, Leia's voice belted out. The princess widened her eyes, shaking her head rapidly. "But I have to say something! This is about me so I need to get their attention please don't--" Ilona cut herself off, shocked as she saw the young woman jump forward to attack--relieved to see when Lalonde would stop her attack from hitting anyone. The relief would quickly be washed away, however, when Kieran would almost encourage these antics to continue.

"No, this isn't right! Not at all! We can't fight each other! This is WRONG!" Ilona screamed, her voice going hoarse towards the end of her words. She breathed heavily after yelling, suddenly feeling helpless. Her chest felt weighted, especially knowing that Leia may have been right about one thing: people were so worked up that it was likely words weren't reaching them anymore. While Ilona hated the fighting, if actions were the only way to truly reach them, perhaps even she should draw a weapon.

Hoping to make some kind of statement, she then summoned a rather large spear of lightning in her hands, the weapon of energy crackling and sizzling in her grasp. She roughly jabbed her weapon into the ground, creating a rush of static that anyone standing near her could feel. It was likely, however, that few would even have a chance to react to Ilona's display when suddenly Mason would take the matter of this conflict into his own hands and subdue the conflict at hand.

RqUZjKM.gif

"M-Mason," Ilona would gasp, stepping close to him. The young woman was so startled that she couldn't even find it in her to use the proper "sir" title she always did with everyone. "I fear you may have made a bad decision." The princess trembled fearfully, her body shaking so hard that it was visible to those looking at her. "Some of these people... are as powerful as gods... I fear holding them back against their wills may only cause this situation to get worse."

After speaking, it was then that Ilona realized Ruby had stepped in front of her. "M-Miss Ruby," Ilona said. "Th-Thank you, but I fear putting your weapon away at this time may not be the best call." Ilona's shaking had grown so bad that the tremors were even able to be heard in her voice. "Keep it out, at least to protect yourself if fighting breaks out. I-I have a feeling something bad is about to happen," she added, tightening her grip on the spear she was holding.

@Kaykay @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @The Tactician @Mason Moretti @york @Verite @Crow @Nater Taters @Minerva @Debate / Fight?​

CIVK1M1.png

"..."

Glaring back at Mason with a suddenly inhuman look, Shiki's entire being would exude a particularly strange aura. One that was rather hostile, to put it lightly. There was no indication that he was even capable of exuding this kind of aura just mere seconds ago, but now, it was as though he was a completely different person. It was hard to say what was the exact trigger behind it all, between the remarks of Ocelot and Leia, the argument between Doppo and Ocelot, the gun that was pointed in Shiki's very own face, or the sword pointed at his throat.

But one thing was evident. He wanted to "kill" this fight. All this fighting. All this arguing. Even if it meant he had to kill anyone who stood in the way of the goal he wanted to achieve.

And he wasn't going to let anyone... anyone...

"Don't interfere."

A low, practically dead voice rung out from his mouth, as though he were gazing right through Mason. Without even removing him from his line of sight, Shiki easily enough killed his own shackles, drawing his knife with one swift movement, as fast as sound itself. From an outsider's point of view, it was almost as though the shackles had been destroyed to their very core by the sonic boom itself, though it was more an effect than a cause.

Freeing himself from the binds as quickly as he was contained in the first place, Shiki turned his full attention to Mason when Ocelot and Carissa seemed to drop out of the picture. In obscuring the other targets from his point of view, Mason had all but exposed purely himself to Shiki's attention. As Ilona had warned, Mason had made a mistake. He crossed with someone as powerful as a god.

A God of Death.

And he had gone mad once again.

MoqQ0Kz.png

"Get out of my way. Everything about this... is better off dead."

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york
Saber Alter had enough. After her contribution, she had walked calmly away towards the fallen Wolfpack, rifling in their belongings for a very particular tool. One that she suspected each had in store, for situations to turn to their advantage. Which was why when the kid turned crazy....Again, she was the only one to take advantage of it all as he focused on Mason to the exclusion of all.

By subjecting Shiki to the anti-power gas grenades, letting them explode around him. And in that mist, engineered by their enemies as it did with everyone else, Shiki would be reduced back to a de-powered state.

She on the other hand, would not.

And with a kick of iron'd boot, she'd aim to dislocate his kneecap, her intent to send him down to a stumbling position as she grabbed the back of his head and slammed it down into the ground to knock him out. Following that, if successful within the field she then went for the most practical solution. Twice now he had flared up among people- Even Ilona had not, the subject of everyone's desire. So it was with practicality and a matter of fact methodology that Saber Alter proceeded to show mercy.

And rather then killing him as she might have done, she instead broke all his fingers. Good luck holding a knife that way. Or moving with his leg the way now.

"How utterly annoying." She said dryly, with the air of a woman who had just swatted a fly.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone​
"How about both of you calm down?" Bekka replied stepping between Ritsuko and Shizuo. "I think all of us need to take a step back before somebody gets hurt."

Before any real damage could be done, both Shiki and Saber Alter would be swept off their feet by a heavy gust of wind, before falling to the ground the same winds holding them in their place, as well as dispersing the gas from the grenades at the same time.

RedT62_zpsfdoqngon.png

"Stop." Her voice was authoritative like a mom scolding her children. "Is this how we're going to act? Trying to cripple each other? Both of you need to stand down. Now."

@Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician @Crow @Minerva
BANG!

Z3u7iyy.gif

icdVaTg.gif

"..."

b9yrx8J.png

RKpCNgw.gif

"Stay away from her."

Whoosh.

@Everybody

Mason winced when Shiki had cut through the shackles. It felt as if Shiki were cutting through him directly. He sensed the sudden dark aura that emanated from Shiki and it caused fear to grip at his heart. His concentration broke and the things he made faded away. He was glad that Sabwr Alter and Lois had stepped in to stop Shiki otherwise, he might have not been able to.

Shiki's darkness had shaken Mason. Instinct told Mason to drop into darkness himself in order to fight him. It would have been another moment for Mason to fall into a Berserker rage if Kido had not called his name.

The sound of Kido's role call lit a fire in Mason's heart. The support of his friends, those around him who cared for him and believed in him, became his strength. His necklace began glowing with a bright white aura. An aura of light.

"You're right Ilona. These people do have the power of gods, but here's a secret about gods and goddesses across the universe. They're only as strong as those who believe in them. With all these people believing in me, I can't afford to lose."

Mason placed a hand on The World's Heart and called out, "Heart of This World! You brought me here! Whatever purpose you have for me, give me the strength to do so! Souls of the innocent, souls of my allies, and the soul of this very universe itself all come to me and give me strength!"

The bright light bursted forth from his necklace and covered his body. The Light Aura hardened into a strong protective shell. On top of that, a second layer formed, creating an elaborate suit of armor. Each piece of the armor reached out towards Mason's allies, pleading gently for a piece of their strength. If their hearts were willing to aid Mason, a piece of their own auras was taken and used to strengthen him. It wasn't much aura, but a piece from everyone amounted to a great increase in strength.

"Fighting back against the power of gods with the power of gods. I've done this only once before. Say hello to the Deus Armor, a mimicry of a god's power. It's not so strong on its own, but with a little help, it's immortal.

"Freemasons, Kido? I like the sound of that. Uniting you all together. This armor can stand as a symbol of that. Don't let me down.

"Madame Ilona, I know I claim I've fought gods... But I didn't exactly win last time. Might you pray to the Sun to give me guidance?"

Mason felt himself pulled towards the corner of the room by Wanda's powers, but he planted his feet and stood his ground. He predicted Shiki making an attempt to kill Wanda's powers and preemptively prepared for Shiki to fight.

((Insert post @Crow because mobile and quote didn't work))

"Wait, Kido, you have video games within your universe? I might have to stop by again some time. After we take out the issue at hand, of course."

#Debate #Fight #Freemasons

Aura Inv:
Aura Power: Friendship
Equip: Doesn't Matter RN
@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Minerva @Nater Taters @Sen @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @york @Jeremi
Kieran's axe fell from his hand as his mouth opened and closed uselessly. He was becoming choked up, unable to form words at this awful, horrible string of revelations. "That's not... we didn't... the Coalition had cause to hide..." His head fell, obscuring his face as it grew as red as his armor.

bOYbDD9.png

"..."

Makoto had known such information would get out eventually, no matter what they did. It was ridiculous to think the United Nations wouldn't have a spy looking into their business, all things considered. That it was Ritsuko who authorized such a move was in-line with the way she seemed to conduct herself. Makoto didn't know exactly where he was supposed to place his beliefs in now, for it seemed any outcome from all this led down disaster. "We're sorry," Makoto said, not speaking very urgently. It was likely he wouldn't be heard by those in the midst of shouting or fighting, but there was only one person in particular he wanted to hear this.

Looking to Kyoko, Makoto continued, "Everything Kieran and I have said, that has been the reality for a long time now. I agreed with Kieran, in the moment, that covering up the incident was best for the Coalition, but it didn't feel right. I was scared of what would happen both if it was known and if it became apparent we lied. I have tried to do best by my people. Kyoko..."

Kieran dropped to the ground, resting his face against his palm. "I'm so tired," he said. "Captain-Commander Kieran refuses to fight any longer."

Makoto crossed his arms, though it was more like he was hugging himself. It seemed everyone was now assuming that Ritsuko had set Ilona up, but Makoto didn't feel that was right. He knew such thoughts would be seen as naive, but perhaps Makoto just didn't feel right with the idea he could have possibly agreed with someone no sense of morality. With conspiracies of traitors and spies blowing up around them, Makoto feared this was going to be the Coalition's final debacle.

"Uhhhh--" Leia looked at Kido like he was crazy. She'd seemed to have calmed down since the fighting the Ocelot began. "Yeah, that's what Owlman looks like, I guess."

3vVWXFh.png

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Josh M
Ruby Rose
@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Others?

"In time, your heart will open minds.
A story will be told,
and victory is in a simple soul."

Shiki had gone berserk, even Ruby could recognize that now.

While she knew Ilona was right, that she should have kept her weapon drawn, she quickly realized that it would only be in vain.

There will be no victory in strength. Not here, not now.

She was facing someone with powers like a god now, someone who she could never hope to best in combat.

So instead, she did something even more rash than she had previously thought possible, still choosing not to draw her weapon, she quickly rushed in front of Shiki using her semblance.

CbPufB6.gif

Stubbornly, almost naiively, Ruby stood in Shiki's way attempting to reason with him one last time.

She knew it was only a matter of time before Shiki broke free of his bonds, so she decided to speak while she had the chnace.

"Shiki... You have to understand! It... Can't die!... Not like this..." She said, her voice wavered a little.

Her words were strong, but yet gentle, without a trace of harshness.

"I don't know if you can hear me through... This, but... We can't stop this argument by fighting." she said, there was more confidence in her words now... But that gentle tone never faded.

That look in her eyes, one full of determination... Compassion... And a distinct stubborness, alot like the one Sophie had on her face when she tried to stand against Claire, through the beatings, the pain, as she stood against someone she couldn't beat.

However, unlike in that case, Ruby wasn't fighting with Shiki, nor did she intend to.

She hoped that her words alone, would bring him back to his senses.

"I chose not to draw my weapon... Because I don't want to add to the violence"

Ruby concentrated, preparing to use her semblance to get in Shiki's way as soon as he broke free of his bonds, so he wouldn't harm anyone else.

"can you... Do that too, Shiki?" She asked.

In anticipation for whatever he may choose to do next, Ruby tensed up, but didn't do anything yet, not until Shiki did.

There was a very real chance he could kill her just because she was in his way, but all the same... It was a risk she'd have to take, for the sake of everyone else in this room.

The electricity crackled in the air, ozone and flashes of light cascading in the direction of Add's target.

But when the lightning faded, it would have been a different sight instead that greeted the Esper.

The Executor remained standing. In his hand, summoned at his side was the reforged Saint Guillotine. A blade forged on the same principle of the Black Keys of the Burial Agency and blessed at every level of creation. Against spirits, it was a bane. Against nightmares and monstrosities of the dark, it was a blazing sword in the wilderness....Against anything else?

Using it as a method to conduct the electricity away, Lucifer gripped the insulated handle- A little trick he learned from past experience as he looked upon Add with no trace of glee. No anticipation. Nothing of the sort that would denote one person fighting another. There was only stone- The impassive expression of a man who had a duty to fulfill and would do it, without question.

The warning had been given. Add had chosen his path, now? It was time to follow his.

He moved into action, charging down the hallway in a sharp sprint to close the distance, bringing the blade from the bottom up in a slash as he leaped upward for Add, aiming for his chest.

@Gummi Bunnies

------------

Her time working with Zatanna and in between the tests with Dr. Harold had mellowed the False Servant for a long time. The former as an example that even Magus were people too, not all of them bigoted and Dr. Harold- Who while she still made her nervous, treated her as a patient and person rather then an experiment. And yet she knew they were but a small portion of those that were atypically Morrigan. So while the comment on the 'strays' was ignored where she was concerned?

"I have known folk like you, in recent memory and those planted within me witch. A moniker I give not for your magic, but by your deeds and mouth condemning you. You act as though compassion is a weakness, that the desire to do good is a monopoly taken only by those who think like you. In another time perhaps I might have even agreed." Saber displayed a smile best suited for that with a fin, fast approaching a swimmer.

"But I see now only the pathetic ramblings of a woman from a backwater realm, who's lost the entire meaning of your precious Multiversal Emergency Squad if she's ever even known it to begin with. The moment you've lost was the day you started seeing people as things and treated them as such in your machinates, rather then acknowledge what you may learn. To see each person by measure of their gender alone, rather then the deeds and actions they have taken to assist. I have seen him wait uncomplainingly on the most menial task, snubbed at every opportunity- All instigated by those who think as you do. If these are the rewards of a man- Yes, a man who has done nothing but attempt to hold himself to a higher standard, judged himself harsher then you ever will to uphold the principles of that organization?"

"Then the M.E.U. you envision in your image is just as corrupt as those which I see before me today. And that alone, if nothing else should give you pause. Magus."

@Atomyk
"PRIEST!"

036.png

Suddenly, Esper's chances of winning or even escaping alive dropped to near zero as the clash had a new participant joining in. As Lucifer went in for strike on the madman, Shizuo rounded the corner into the long hallway and realized what was happening. His body tensed for only a moment before the berserker-like man leaped into action, dashing down the hallway to join his ally.

"COME HERE, YOU FUCKING MANIAC!"

@Gummi Bunnies
"PRIEST!"

036.png

Suddenly, Esper's chances of winning or even escaping alive dropped to near zero as the clash had a new participant joining in. As Lucifer went in for strike on the madman, Shizuo rounded the corner into the long hallway and realized what was happening. His body tensed for only a moment before the berserker-like man leaped into action, dashing down the hallway to join his ally.

"COME HERE, YOU FUCKING MANIAC!"
tumblr_o08zjhf0My1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Oh... crafty little bastard, aren't you? Should I pick up the pace for the hell of it? ... I think I should."

Of course, with his general cockiness, Add had miscalculated the amount of time it would take for a successful evasion of Lucifer's charge, the blade just grazing at the chest crystal that could be the source of Add's time powers and manipulation. Gaining some height in the air with the usage of his Dynamos as platforms, Add put in more concentrated energy into that one rift, and then, more seemed to pour into this fight.

tumblr_o090hh733e1v3qowuo2_100.png

"Hm... nice to see you here, Shizu-chan... I had a feeling you wanted to have some fun with me too! Kekekek!"

With that said, Add let out a beam from his rift and aimed it at Lucifer, the beam also releasing several explosions in it's wake.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician

"Oh... crafty little bastard, aren't you? Should I pick up the pace for the hell of it? ... I think I should."

Of course, with his general cockiness, Add had miscalculated the amount of time it would take for a successful evasion of Lucifer's charge, the blade just grazing at the chest crystal that could be the source of Add's time powers and manipulation. Gaining some height in the air with the usage of his Dynamos as platforms, Add put in more concentrated energy into that one rift, and then, more seemed to pour into this fight.

"Hm... nice to see you here, Shizu-chan... I had a feeling you wanted to have some fun with me too! Kekekek!"

With that said, Add let out a beam from his rift and aimed it at Lucifer, the beam also releasing several explosions in it's wake.
Opponent uses electrical-based techniques and energy manipulation, alongside weapons of own creation. Limitations? None seen thus far. Reaction time...To be determined. Shit.

Seeing the beam come his way, Lucifer ran directly for it.

Before veering off to the side with a reaction time that seemed impossible, running up the wall and upside down on the ceiling, perfectly at ease and blade suddenly up at eye level as he flicked out two black keys with a free hand. One after the other, directly behind. The idea behind the technique was should the opponent block the first, directly behind it on its heels and in the blind spot, would be the second to make up for it. A distraction for the following as he pushed off the ceiling after wards, moving in to attempt to clothesline Add across the neck and slam him into the floor. Standard issue techniques for mages-types.

Disrupt their concentration with a concussion or similar, make it impossible to concentrate and you had it in the bag. No telling of Add's powers worked along the same principle, but you worked with what you had.

Whatever it took, sans that line you drew in the sand.

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician

Opponent uses electrical-based techniques and energy manipulation, alongside weapons of own creation. Limitations? None seen thus far. Reaction time...To be determined. Shit.

Before veering off to the side with a reaction time that seemed impossible, running up the wall and upside down on the ceiling, perfectly at ease and blade suddenly up at eye level as he flicked out two black keys with a free hand. One after the other, directly behind. The idea behind the technique was should the opponent block the first, directly behind it on its heels and in the blind spot, would be the second to make up for it. A distraction for the following as he pushed off the ceiling after wards, moving in to attempt to clothesline Add across the neck and slam him into the floor. Standard issue techniques for mages-types.

Disrupt their concentration with a concussion or similar, make it impossible to concentrate and you had it in the bag. No telling of Add's powers worked along the same principle, but you worked with what you had.

Shizuo cursed as he saw the multitudes of Dynamos began flooding out of the rift. They needed to close the damn thing before Add simply flooded them to death with the damn things. Seeing as Lucifer was focused on Add himself, the bartender decided he would handle the issue.

"Heads up!"

Courtesy of a large slab of the wall that hadn't been cleaned up yet. With a roar to warn Lucifer to watch out, the bartender hurled the slab straight for the rift, hoping to smash the Dynamos on either side and block any more from entering into the area.​

094.png

088.png

WBJfeMo.webp

"Perhaps I can pay a visit to your bar sometime? Grab some ice cream because I can't alcohol? Shizuo? Shizuo...

... good luck in your future ventures, or something... and tell Father Lucifer that he's a great friend..."

@The Tactician

WBJfeMo.webp

"Oh, I see... thank you Miss...

What? What? WHAT?"

Kido was most astonished. He breathed for a bit.

"I have a bad feeling about this... a very bad feeling... during my research regarding the 52 Earths and split timelines of a certain general multiverse I designate as 'DC'- alright, I'll cut to the chase... this is no time for exposition dumps..."

He tips his spectacles.

"...have any of you heard of the Crime Syndicate of DC-Earth-3? An individual dubbed with the alias 'Owlman', who wears a grey-hued suit with an owl motif and an 'O' on his chest, was one of their members. I hope this is just a coincidence..."

Kido cracked not one joke during this little display of trivia.

"What I'm saying is - our collective dilemmas have only just begun."

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @The Tactician @Minerva @Josh M @Atomyk @Jeremi

Shizuo cursed as he saw the multitudes of Dynamos began flooding out of the rift. They needed to close the damn thing before Add simply flooded them to death with the damn things. Seeing as Lucifer was focused on Add himself, the bartender decided he would handle the issue.

"Heads up!"

Courtesy of a large slab of the wall that hadn't been cleaned up yet. With a roar to warn Lucifer to watch out, the bartender hurled the slab straight for the rift, hoping to smash the Dynamos on either side and block any more from entering into the area.​
Oh, that was the type of action that the esper was expecting from Shizuo. Always coming down to hurling things and hoping that it would smack him down. When it came to this, Add always had a way of shutting that down.

tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo8_100.png

"Now now... I know you're eager to join in, Shizu-chan, but I don't think that kind of attitude is going to work out~"

Promptly teasing the bartender, Add simply chucked a psychokinetic blast of energy at the incoming wall slab. If his mental calculations were correct, that blast of energy should tear through that stone slab, rendering it into nothing more than pesky rubble. However, this only deterred his attention away from the other opponent, finding that Lucifer had closed in on him.

tumblr_nwquvv3Mix1u3z5n7o6_100.png

"W-What?"

Surely he couldn't really prepare any counterattack in time, and yet... he couldn't afford a blow like that so quickly! That would be an embarrassing way to be defeated! As a last minute choice on the matter, Add forced himself off of his two Dynamos that he was using as hovering platforms, landing onto the ground as a single Dynamo appeared near him.

tumblr_od7bnt675g1v3qowuo2_100.png

... I did say that I would bring that shard back over to the Institute... but I may need to resort to its power...

Add slowly began to realize that maybe this wasn't the best match-up, not when he couldn't get Elesis over here in time. Thinking over the options he had, the esper had this one Dynamo out of the present five unload what was stored in it... A small chunk of ore was placed into Add's hand, and what he planned to do with it was unclear...

Lois nodded and let the winds calm down around Saber to let her go. Shiki however would still be trapped for now.

"Like I said. This right now isn't about Ilona." Zatanna replied looking over the debacle. "I hope the Coven will stand with me regarding this. We're here to help Ilona, not to waver through bureaucratic red tape."

@Ringmaster @Verite
Fighting. It was nonsense. Politics, personal grudges, ego, and selfishness made for nothing but trouble. Quietly, Wanda watched. She had to admit, she was with Kieran, to a point. However. This had to end. Raising her hand, it started to glow as energy swarmed around her like bugs to a light.

"Stop."

Suddenly, everyone, all the fighting, it stopped. everyone felt pulled to different corners.

"This is going no where. Ilona has the right to live the life she wants. No reason I see to make her atone when she's more than willing to atone herself. Let her make her own path. Of course she needs guidance, but she knows that. She has a right to a life. She has a right to pursue happiness. "

"And the multiverse has a right to live without fear of destruction, dear."

Wynne's words cut in the air as she planted her beliefs firm.

"The rights of one should never come before the safety of all. What you're promoting is dangerous. and selfish. I see people here who think they're better than this dissuasion, better than the political meat of this matter. "Just end it" they call for, or they just say nothing. If you think what I'm saying is injustice, I rather you call me out than hide your feelings. No one likes politics, I'll be the first to admit it. However, this girl can sadly not be trusted. If that makes me the villain, I'll ware that badge with honor and poise. I am not backing down to this is solved. We need to but the idealism away, and see with clear eyes. ."

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Jeremi @The Tactician @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Nater Taters @Yun Lee
Mason winced when Shiki had cut through the shackles. It felt as if Shiki were cutting through him directly. He sensed the sudden dark aura that emanated from Shiki and it caused fear to grip at his heart. His concentration broke and the things he made faded away. He was glad that Saber Alter and Lois had stepped in to stop Shiki. Otherwise, he might have not been able to.

"You're right Ilona. These people do have the power of gods, but here's a secret about gods and goddesses across the multiverse. They're only as strong as those who believe in them. With all these people believing in me, I can't afford to lose."

Ruby Rose
@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Others?

"In time, your heart will open minds.
A story will be told,
and victory is in a simple soul."

Shiki had gone berserk, even Ruby could recognize that now.

While she knew Ilona was right, that she should have kept her weapon drawn, she quickly realized that it would only be in vain.

There will be no victory in strength. Not here, not now.

She was facing someone with powers like a god now, someone who she could never hope to best in combat.

So instead, she did something even more rash than she had previously thought possible, still choosing not to draw her weapon, she quickly rushed in front of Shiki using her semblance.

CbPufB6.gif

Stubbornly, almost naiively, Ruby stood in Shiki's way attempting to reason with him one last time.

She knew it was only a matter of time before Shiki broke free of his bonds, so she decided to speak while she had the chnace.

"Shiki... You have to understand! It... Can't die!... Not like this..." She said, her voice wavered a little.

Her words were strong, but yet gentle, without a trace of harshness.

"I don't know if you can hear me through... This, but... We can't stop this argument by fighting." she said, there was more confidence in her words now... But that gentle tone never faded.

That look in her eyes, one full of determination... Compassion... And a distinct stubborness, alot like the one Sophie had on her face when she tried to stand against Claire, through the beatings, the pain, as she stood against someone she couldn't beat.

However, unlike in that case, Ruby wasn't fighting with Shiki, nor did she intend to.

She hoped that her words alone, would bring him back to his senses.

"I chose not to draw my weapon... Because I don't want to add to the violence"

Ruby concentrated, preparing to use her semblance to get in Shiki's way as soon as he broke free of his bonds, so he wouldn't harm anyone else.

"can you... Do that too, Shiki?" She asked.

In anticipation for whatever he may choose to do next, Ruby tensed up, but didn't do anything yet, not until Shiki did.

There was a very real chance he could kill her just because she was in his way, but all the same... It was a risk she'd have to take, for the sake of everyone else in this room.​
MGwWhZg.png

Shiki's eyes would practically shine a vibrant indigo, rather than gray like it usually was, at least when the boy had his mystic glasses on. He had since recovered from the momentary incapacitation resulted from observing something as abstract as Lois's winds, practically awakened by Wynne's words somehow, as though they'd resonated with him to an unhealthy degree. Perhaps one that would be regretted sooner or later down the line.

"A right to live without fear of destruction? If there's anyone you should fear, it's not her..."

SHHKT!

Tracing a line of death on Lois's currents with his thumb, the winds would instantly die off, freeing Shiki. Without wasting any time, he leapt to his feet and he'd swing his knife across the air, killing the magic that Wanda would throw, as Mason would predict. With that, he'd glare at those around him.

"It's me!"

The god of death glared specifically at Mason's way. Lois and Saber had gone out of his immediate range, his singular attention dulled by the killer instinct that overtook him. But... Perhaps there was something else that drove him to this madness, this blind urge to destroy...

y5SMPKV.png

"People going up in arms like chickens with their heads cut off over Ilona's power... How tiring."

But if everyone else was scared of something, or someone else...

"If you don't believe in the power behind these eyes, then just wait. Seeing is believing. Day and night, life and death... They're different sides of the same coin, but nevertheless, they'll never face each other. Everything has a death, an end. If I can visualize the death in my mind, I can kill anything. Even a god. The Serpent of Akasha. The Arch Demon of the Multiverse. Just behold... for my next magic trick, I'll make you disappear."

However, he would be given pause unexpectedly, despite the resolve behind his words, when Ruby would suddenly pop up in front of him. Though the girl was a mere three inches or so shorter than him, it almost felt like he'd towered over her form, looking down at her like the looming shadow of death over mortal coil. He clutched the knife in his hand tightly, his arm shaking like an unstable serial murderer.

"..."

Shiki struggled to lift his knife arm up, practically looking past her. It was difficult to ascertain what exact kind of effect her words had on him, but if it was enough to give him pause, then perhaps there was still some hope.

"I... have to do this. Get... out of my way!" He exclaimed, forcing himself to take another step forward in Ruby's direction. He didn't want to hurt the girl. Even though they didn't know each other too well, they were still acquaintances at the very least. She was a trusted ally back from when they'd fought the Arch Demon together. To bring her harm would... would just...

"If... If everyone's so scared of power vast enough to destroy the multiverse, then... it's not fair that Ilona would have to bear that burden. She never asked for this... So that's why I have to do this. I'll take the burden off her shoulders. Even if it means everyone will hate me, scorn me..."

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Oh, that was the type of action that the esper was expecting from Shizuo. Always coming down to hurling things and hoping that it would smack him down. When it came to this, Add always had a way of shutting that down.

tumblr_o95fg1hNzm1v3qowuo8_100.png

"Now now... I know you're eager to join in, Shizu-chan, but I don't think that kind of attitude is going to work out~"

Promptly teasing the bartender, Add simply chucked a psychokinetic blast of energy at the incoming wall slab. If his mental calculations were correct, that blast of energy should tear through that stone slab, rendering it into nothing more than pesky rubble. However, this only deterred his attention away from the other opponent, finding that Lucifer had closed in on him.

tumblr_nwquvv3Mix1u3z5n7o6_100.png

"W-What?"

Surely he couldn't really prepare any counterattack in time, and yet... he couldn't afford a blow like that so quickly! That would be an embarrassing way to be defeated! As a last minute choice on the matter, Add forced himself off of his two Dynamos that he was using as hovering platforms, landing onto the ground as a single Dynamo appeared near him.

tumblr_od7bnt675g1v3qowuo2_100.png

... I did say that I would bring that shard back over to the Institute... but I may need to resort to its power...

Add slowly began to realize that maybe this wasn't the best match-up, not when he couldn't get Elesis over here in time. Thinking over the options he had, the esper had this one Dynamo out of the present five unload what was stored in it... A small chunk of ore was placed into Add's hand, and what he planned to do with it was unclear...

Dammit, what's he up to...?

Shizuo knew Esper well, and he knew that whatever he had planned involved that piece of rock in his hand. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good either with how desperate the guy seemed. With that in mind, the bartender closed the distance between them quickly, his hands lashing out to either punch Add's lights out or to tear the ore away from his hands.

"STOP MOVING, YOU PUNK!"

MGwWhZg.png

Shiki's eyes would practically shine a vibrant indigo, rather than gray like it usually was, at least when the boy had his mystic glasses on. He had since recovered from the momentary incapacitation resulted from observing something as abstract as Lois's winds, practically awakened by Wynne's words somehow, as though they'd resonated with him to an unhealthy degree. Perhaps one that would be regretted sooner or later down the line.

"A right to live without fear of destruction? If there's anyone you should fear, it's not her..."

SHHKT!

Tracing a line of death on Lois's currents with his thumb, the winds would instantly die off, freeing Shiki. Without wasting any time, he leapt to his feet and he'd swing his knife across the air, killing the magic that Wanda would throw, as Mason would predict. With that, he'd glare at those around him.

"It's me!"

The god of death glared specifically at Mason's way. Lois and Saber had gone out of his immediate range, his singular attention dulled by the killer instinct that overtook him. But... Perhaps there was something else that drove him to this madness, this blind urge to destroy...

y5SMPKV.png

"People going up in arms like chickens with their heads cut off over Ilona's power... How tiring."

But if everyone else was scared of something, or someone else...

"If you don't believe in the power behind these eyes, then just wait. Seeing is believing. Day and night, life and death... They're different sides of the same coin, but nevertheless, they'll never face each other. Everything has a death, an end. If I can visualize the death in my mind, I can kill anything. Even a god. The Serpent of Akasha. The Arch Demon of the Multiverse. Just behold... for my next magic trick, I'll make you disappear."

However, he would be given pause unexpectedly, despite the resolve behind his words, when Ruby would suddenly pop up in front of him. Though the girl was a mere three inches or so shorter than him, it almost felt like he'd towered over her form, looking down at her like the looming shadow of death over mortal coil. He clutched the knife in his hand tightly, his arm shaking like an unstable serial murderer.

"..."

Shiki struggled to lift his knife arm up, practically looking past her. It was difficult to ascertain what exact kind of effect her words had on him, but if it was enough to give him pause, then perhaps there was still some hope.

"I... have to do this. Get... out of my way!" He exclaimed, forcing himself to take another step forward in Ruby's direction. He didn't want to hurt the girl. Even though they didn't know each other too well, they were still acquaintances at the very least. She was a trusted ally back from when they'd fought the Arch Demon together. To bring her harm would... would just...

"If... If everyone's so scared of power vast enough to destroy the multiverse, then... it's not fair that Ilona would have to bear that burden. She never asked for this... So that's why I have to do this. I'll take the burden off her shoulders. Even if it means everyone will hate me, scorn me..."

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight

And so, Ilona saw him for the first time...

zynVqIE.png

"N-No, that's exactly what I was afraid of!"

During her stay at the Coalition she had heard stories and even read some files concerning a rumored double personality Shiki seemed to possess. Now, however, she knew that it was real. He stood there before her eyes, now a dark, murderous god who was ready to kill whoever stood in his path. Ilona simply froze where she had been standing next to Mason, her eyes wide. It was one thing to read about something and another thing entirely to see it in person. He was truly a frightening sight to behold.

Some of the others faced Shiki and Lois even managed to trap him within a small prison of winds which he seemed unable to escape from at first. Shiki seethed with furry within his confines, looking like a caged monster with hatred in his eyes. Truthfully, Ilona had a hard time believing that this was even happening. This same person had been nothing but kind and gentle in her presence before, so she couldn't help but feel horrified by this change. She would've been lying to herself had she said it wasn't horrifying to her.

However, at the same time Ilona did understand it. Whatever this condition of his happened to be, surely it was a part of him just as her power was a part of her. And sometimes, powerful people lost control. It was something that couldn't be helped. So she didn't blame him for what was happening. All Ilona knew was that this fighting needed to be stopped before someone either became seriously hurt by Shiki, or would manage to somehow hurt him. Keeping him caged wouldn't solve the problem. Ilona felt as if someone needed to speak to him, get through to him, and help him calm down.

The princess took in a deep breath when she found herself correct. As she had figured, the young man wasn't contained by the winds for long. He ended them, escaping with a wild swing of his knife and a look of pure madness in his eyes. Ilona was terrified by the sight of him, especially when Ruby would step in and get in his way. Ilona felt her voice caught in her throat, wanting to scream at Ruby to move out of the way. Ilona didn't even want to imagine the sight of seeing one friend kill another friend right in front of her. But Shiki didn't strike at Ruby. He stood there for a moment, as if hesitating. With that small sliver of hesitation showing, Ilona couldn't help but feel he might stop this if someone calmed him down.

I have to do something. I-I have to at least try! He helped me before, so now it's my turn to at least TRY and help him! A-And the others too... I don't want to see anyone else get hurt!

While she had been frozen for a good majority of the time in which she witnessed this, Ilona swallowed a massive lump in the back of her throat and took one shaky step from her spot. When she did so, the girl dropped the lightning spear she had been holding, causing the weapon to fade from her hands. She then rushed over to where Shiki was, passing Ruby, and grabbed onto his arm, working to turn him towards her. "Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki, please..."

90i93xa.png

"...SHIKI, LOOK AT ME!"

Whether he would fight to pull away from her or not, Ilona would tug on his arm repeatedly until she would finally get his face to look at her, somehow, if even only for a second.

"Stop this right now and just listen to what I have to say to you!" she said in a firm voice before actually grabbing onto both of his arms with quivering hands and looking him directly in his eyes. Her voice became softer after she looked at him. "I don't want anymore violence, okay? No more killing, or hurting people over me. Shiki I-- ...ever since I was a girl I heard stories about all of the brave people my parents met during their times in the murder games. I was enthralled by those people they told me about, powerful, amazing individuals who survived great hardships and still went on to live after their horrors had ended. It must've taken people who were truly wonderful and courageous to go back to their daily lives after so much suffering. You were one of the few I heard about a lot. When I was a girl, lost and alone, I daydreamed about what it would be like to meet people like that. My life was so hard, but I always felt as if their lives must've been just as hard or maybe even harder. If they could go on living after wretched things had happened to them, surely I could afford to live my own life. They were my inspiration..."

"...you were my inspiration."

"And when I met you, I wasn't disappointed. You were everything I thought you would be and more. Seeing you for the first time was like seeing a character out of my childhood storybooks... but you were real. Just as I had thought, you are a source of great power and someone I admire a lot. You're so strong you could kill everyone in this room. But you know what, Shiki? You're also so strong that you have the control not to kill everyone in this room. I believe in you, and I trust you."

Ilona then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Please understand, you don't need to take my burdens off my shoulders by killing any of these people who defy me." Ilona rubbed his back gently, keeping her grip firm, even if it was shaky. "Don't you see? You've been helping me all this time, before I even knew you in fact. Just hearing about your story has always given me strength. And as for this burden I carry, you're already helping to take it off my shoulders too. You help me just by saying the things you do, by being around me, and understanding me. I've never met another who seems to understand me as we as you do. You'll never know how much it means to me. It means very much."

Through her chest, the young man would likely feel her heart racing wildly. The blonde's heart was so very out of control that it was even possible he could hear it. Ilona was actually terrified to put herself into the position she was in. Still yet, she wasn't going anywhere, even if her words had no effect on him or if he tried to push her away. She wasn't going to give up on him. After all, he had never really given up on her. He was doing this for her.

"So... Please calm down, Shiki. Please calm down," she whispered softly to him, still rubbing his back.

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight​

And so, Ilona saw him for the first time...

zynVqIE.png

"N-No, that's exactly what I was afraid of!"

During her stay at the Coalition she had heard stories and even read some files concerning a rumored double personality Shiki seemed to possess. Now, however, she knew that it was real. He stood there before her eyes, now a dark, murderous god who was ready to kill whoever stood in his path. Ilona simply froze where she had been standing next to Mason, her eyes wide. It was one thing to read about something and another thing entirely to see it in person. He was truly a frightening sight to behold.

Some of the others faced Shiki and Lois even managed to trap him within a small prison of winds which he seemed unable to escape from at first. Shiki seethed with furry within his confines, looking like a caged monster with hatred in his eyes. Truthfully, Ilona had a hard time believing that this was even happening. This same person had been nothing but kind and gentle in her presence before, so she couldn't help but feel horrified by this change. She would've been lying to herself had she said it wasn't horrifying to her.

However, at the same time Ilona did understand it. Whatever this condition of his happened to be, surely it was a part of him just as her power was a part of her. And sometimes, powerful people lost control. It was something that couldn't be helped. So she didn't blame him for what was happening. All Ilona knew was that this fighting needed to be stopped before someone either became seriously hurt by Shiki, or would manage to somehow hurt him. Keeping him caged wouldn't solve the problem. Ilona felt as if someone needed to speak to him, get through to him, and help him calm down.

The princess took in a deep breath when she found herself correct. As she had figured, the young man wasn't contained by the winds for long. He ended them, escaping with a wild swing of his knife and a look of pure madness in his eyes. Ilona was terrified by the sight of him, especially when Ruby would step in and get in his way. Ilona felt her voice caught in her throat, wanting to scream at Ruby to move out of the way. Ilona didn't even want to imagine the sight of seeing one friend kill another friend right in front of her. But Shiki didn't strike at Ruby. He stood there for a moment, as if hesitating. With that small sliver of hesitation showing, Ilona couldn't help but feel he might stop this if someone calmed him down.

I have to do something. I-I have to at least try! He helped me before, so now it's my turn to at least TRY and help him! A-And the others too... I don't want to see anyone else get hurt!

While she had been frozen for a good majority of the time in which she witnessed this, Ilona swallowed a massive lump in the back of her throat and took one shaky step from her spot. When she did so, the girl dropped the lightning spear she had been holding, causing the weapon to fade from her hands. She then rushed over to where Shiki was, passing Ruby, and grabbed onto his arm, working to turn him towards her. "Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki! Sir Shiki, please..."

90i93xa.png

"...SHIKI, LOOK AT ME!"

Whether he would fight to pull away from her or not, Ilona would tug on his arm repeatedly until she would finally get his face to look at her, somehow, if even only for a second.

"Stop this right now and just listen to what I have to say to you!" she said in a firm voice before actually grabbing onto both of his arms with quivering hands and looking him directly in his eyes. Her voice became softer after she looked at him. "I don't want anymore violence, okay? No more killing, or hurting people over me. Shiki I-- ...ever since I was a girl I heard stories about all of the brave people my parents met during their times in the murder games. I was enthralled by those people they told me about, powerful, amazing individuals who survived great hardships and still went on to live after their horrors had ended. It must've taken people who were truly wonderful and courageous to go back to their daily lives after so much suffering. You were one of the few I heard about a lot. When I was a girl, lost and alone, I daydreamed about what it would be like to meet people like that. My life was so hard, but I always felt as if their lives must've been just as hard or maybe even harder. If they could go on living after wretched things had happened to them, surely I could afford to live my own life. They were my inspiration..."

"...you were my inspiration."

"And when I met you, I wasn't disappointed. You were everything I thought you would be and more. Seeing you for the first time was like seeing a character out of my childhood storybooks... but you were real. Just as I had thought, you are a source of great power and someone I admire a lot. You're so strong you could kill everyone in this room. But you know what, Shiki? You're also so strong that you have the control not to kill everyone in this room. I believe in you, and I trust you."

Ilona then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Please understand, you don't need to take my burdens off my shoulders by killing any of these people who defy me." Ilona rubbed his back gently, keeping her grip firm, even if it was shaky. "Don't you see? You've been helping me all this time, before I even knew you in fact. Just hearing about your story has always given me strength. And as for this burden I carry, you're already helping to take it off my shoulders too. You help me just by saying the things you do, by being around me, and understanding me. I've never met another who seems to understand me as we as you do. You'll never know how much it means to me. It means very much."

Through her chest, the young man would likely feel her heart racing wildly. The blonde's heart was so very out of control that it was even possible he could hear it. Ilona was actually terrified to put herself into the position she was in. Still yet, she wasn't going anywhere, even if her words had no effect on him or if he tried to push her away. She wasn't going to give up on him. After all, he had never really given up on her. He was doing this for her.

"So... Please calm down, Shiki. Please calm down," she whispered softly to him, still rubbing his back.

@york @Mason Moretti @Josh M @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Fight​
10.png

Darn it looks like that Shiki guy took her first.

@:|​

@Gummi Bunnies

------------

@Atomyk

"Well...not that I'm against men joining the M.E.U. and never have." Zatanna replied. "Isn't Shizuo just a bartender that punches really hard?" And regarding Lucifer, it was no secret that Zatanna was one of the few in the Coven that considered him ally, well the rest of them like Willow and Sailor Moon didn't know him very well, bit still.

"Morrigan is a lot of things...but corrupt isn't one of them."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster

WBJfeMo.webp

"What?"

Kido would be shocked by the occurence.

"Mason was right to suspect you. Your actions did indeed make little sense. If only someone else had seen the implications...

... it's too late for all that now. I have a lot of questions, and hopefully they can be answered in time to come."

He briefly turns to Kyoko, with a serious face.

"Kyoko Kirigiri, I will not forgive you if you perish on this day!"

Turning back to his opponents, he grins.

"Shizuo, I'm counting on you for the first hit. I, on the other hand, have a good plan. Well, it's actually mediocre but..."

Kido was preparing something. His next few words would be most enthusiastic, and remniscent of a role call.

Mostly because it was.

"KidoP!"

The most legitimate businessman in the cosmos!

"MadokaP!"

Because every marching band needs a flagbearer... or something...

glXTgGe.webp

"Elesis! Are you fit to fight?" Madoka says as she gets into formation, pulling Elesis along with her and interrupting the role call.

"Zen!"

Acting from the heart.

"Artyom!"

The big guy.
For you.

"Train!"

Well, what can I say?

"Robin!"

The Tactician. And your boss.

"Toboe!"

Probably bites.

"Cheza!"

Let the light shine.

"And Mason!"

The one who united them a- wait, what?

"Mason's a little occupied right now, and so are we, apparently!" Kido grins. "Snake yourself out of this, Ocelot! Because we are..."

@FreeMasons

@Takumi @Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva

@Verite @The Tactician

@Gummi Bunnies
"I had a feeling it was you." Lang glared at Ocelot, teeth bared. "Your desperate insistance on justice for the three dead that Ilona 'killed,' your eagerness to keep us all divided into pairs...You were right after all Mason, he was suspicious."

He looked at everyone else. "I'm glad all this dirty laundry between these two factions us finally being aired," he growled. "We've moved on from Ilona being a proxy for the REAL issue here, so that's a start. I suggest we all put our weapons away and settle this like adults. We've lost plenty of our own today, no need to lose more, especially over this."

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Jeremi @The Tactician @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Nater Taters
Stiles watched as the spy was revealed and he decided to ask the question that no one was daring to ask. " So, what exactly did you find out about the Coalition? You can't just say you spied and not tell us anything," he said, not liking the idea that he was being lied too.

Scott watched, not certain what to ask.

@Verite @Everybody

bOYbDD9.png

"..."

233b31b6975648e9929118523bc598e4.png

"Now now, those are some hasty accusations," Ocelot said, stifling a small chuckle, "Spy? Guilty as charged. But a traitor... Well, I can at least assure you that I'm not the traitor that's supposedly been lurking within the ranks of the Coalition. It isn't like the UN is working alongside Umbrella... unless of course, Secretary-General Aquilus has a secret that I'd have to investigate as well. Quite inconvenient, isn't it? So, so many secrets that have to be uncovered by saying more secrets. Telling lies to find the truth, as it were. A depressing irony indeed."

Ritsuko would purse her lips uncomfortably at Ocelot so easily revealing himself as her own little UN mole in the Coalition, and more than that, the position that she'd ended up in. As Lang had suggested, she'd put her arm down, but still wouldn't put away her gun, glaring strongly at Robin and the others in the area.

"Adults, huh? That's an easier said than done task when I'm surrounded by children, or people who would act like so. I've never acted without the best interests of the UN or the multiverse in mind. Everything that I do, everything that I've done, there's a method to that madness. I have my methods, and they work. I've gotten what I wanted from the Coalition, after all. Case in point..."

As Ritsuko would trail off, she would let Makoto and Kieran stammer about, confirming in front of everyone that she had cause and reason to be suspicious of the Coalition. The Captain-Commander had lost his will to go on, effectively broken, it seemed, and Makoto was reduced to a blubbering mess; she'd let Kirigiri let him have it. Her word seemed to be capable of cutting into him deeper than most other's.

Turning to Stiles, Ocelot would gesture towards the two leaders.

"To elaborate if you haven't caught on, I've managed to dig up that there have been a number of... interferences to the reports filed from the Coalition to the UN. Captain-Commander Kieran decided to make himself comfortable with making considerable changes to incident reports, perhaps most notably... covering up a girl's suicide after the Multiverse Hotel Incident. It's bad to keep secrets, after all. Of course, I suppose I'm no better, but..."

He simply shrugged.

kiri043.png

"..."

Meanwhile, Kyoko herself looked dumbfounded, almost genuinely wounded even, at the revelations that would make themselves be known. Usually, she had something to say about most things that came her way. But this... She almost felt betrayed by the thought that these people whom she trusted deeply would do something like this, let alone let something like that happen.

Confusion turned to shock, which turned to anger, or maybe it was even pain, as the lavender-haired woman looked at Makoto.

"I-I..."

However, everything she could even think to say, she couldn't bring it out. Was she confident that she wouldn't have done the same thing if someone out of her control like that had happened? No, she would have made sure to tell the truth, but even so... No, she placed his trust in him, she...

"I trusted you..."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @The Tactician @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @UN Drama

233b31b6975648e9929118523bc598e4.png

"Now now, those are some hasty accusations," Ocelot said, stifling a small chuckle, "Spy? Guilty as charged. But a traitor... Well, I can at least assure you that I'm not the traitor that's supposedly been lurking within the ranks of the Coalition. It isn't like the UN is working alongside Umbrella... unless of course, Secretary-General Aquilus has a secret that I'd have to investigate as well. Quite inconvenient, isn't it? So, so many secrets that have to be uncovered by saying more secrets. Telling lies to find the truth, as it were. A depressing irony indeed."

Ritsuko would purse her lips uncomfortably at Ocelot so easily revealing himself as her own little UN mole in the Coalition, and more than that, the position that she'd ended up in. As Lang had suggested, she'd put her arm down, but still wouldn't put away her gun, glaring strongly at Robin and the others in the area.

"Adults, huh? That's an easier said than done task when I'm surrounded by children, or people who would act like so. I've never acted without the best interests of the UN or the multiverse in mind. Everything that I do, everything that I've done, there's a method to that madness. I have my methods, and they work. I've gotten what I wanted from the Coalition, after all. Case in point..."

As Ritsuko would trail off, she would let Makoto and Kieran stammer about, confirming in front of everyone that she had cause and reason to be suspicious of the Coalition. The Captain-Commander had lost his will to go on, effectively broken, it seemed, and Makoto was reduced to a blubbering mess; she'd let Kirigiri let him have it. Her word seemed to be capable of cutting into him deeper than most other's.

Turning to Stiles, Ocelot would gesture towards the two leaders.

"To elaborate if you haven't caught on, I've managed to dig up that there have been a number of... interferences to the reports filed from the Coalition to the UN. Captain-Commander Kieran decided to make himself comfortable with making considerable changes to incident reports, perhaps most notably... covering up a girl's suicide after the Multiverse Hotel Incident. It's bad to keep secrets, after all. Of course, I suppose I'm no better, but..."

He simply shrugged.

kiri043.png

"..."

Meanwhile, Kyoko herself looked dumbfounded, almost genuinely wounded even, at the revelations that would make themselves be known. Usually, she had something to say about most things that came her way. But this... She almost felt betrayed by the thought that these people whom she trusted deeply would do something like this, let alone let something like that happen.

Confusion turned to shock, which turned to anger, or maybe it was even pain, as the lavender-haired woman looked at Makoto.

"I-I..."

However, everything she could even think to say, she couldn't bring it out. Was she confident that she wouldn't have done the same thing if someone out of her control like that had happened? No, she would have made sure to tell the truth, but even so... No, she placed his trust in him, she...

"I trusted you..."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @The Tactician @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @UN Drama
This day just keeps getting worse.

And worse.

And worse.

WBJfeMo.png

"What can I say? I'm speechless. Mainly because I've already said what I can. Everything up till now was a distraction. For all you know, we're all still being distracted and played like damn fiddles. How many layers is this, even? Are we distracted from a distraction by a distraction?

There's more to this, isn't there? Continue, please. I am listening."

He turns to his allies as he absorbs the situation in a most calm manner.

"So uh... any one of you want to flare up in sheer anger and give a little speech? I mean, someone has to now that Shizuo's gone."

He looks behind for a bit, to see Kyoko in utter shock and dismay.

"KirigiriKyoko.exe has stopped working, but my specs are far from an overheat," Kido comments. Should Makoto try to approach Kyoko, Kido would replicate his sister's signature glare right at Makoto and shake his head. It was most fear-inducing, even if it was bootlegged.

Kido then turns to Toboe and Cheza, the only UN pals he had left in here aside from Robin, then grins at them with a nod, before looking at his opponents once more with an aura of seriousness.

"To think that word of 'we allow practically anyone in' came to bite. What a twist. I think I'll give my two cents on the matter - it is true that the Coalition shouldn't have hidden the truth, but... a UN that justifies madness and underhanded ways? Is the peace and honesty that every world's intepretation of the UN promotes but an illusion, a lie? If this is the kind of UN I know, and the kind of person who has that much power over the UN, then Shizuo was right to leave. Politics are indeed a cruel web of lies and manipulation...

... Ritsuko Akagi, what is the safety of the multiverse to you? Tyranny? Force? The one-multiverse-rule that can only end in utter chaos? Your methods work, do they, truly?"

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Crow @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Sen @Verite @Nater Taters @UN Drama

Reactions: Takumi
Status
Not open for further replies.