Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_o82zzy9UG21v3qowuo7_100.png

"W-Wait! Don't break-"

As desperation flooded his mind, Add realized what Shizuo was about to do, and helplessly warned him to not do this. Of course, he didn't finish saying this warning, but moments before the inevitable happened, it was visible that the rock had been cracked slightly already.

"... it."

Finishing what he meant to say, the Esper stared at what was now bits and pieces of that strange ore... scattered all over the floor. The silence settled for a few good moments, but Add appeared not so... shocked by how this went. Did he plan this?

tumblr_o8306oevsX1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... okay, I was planning to break this Dark El Shard myself, but... you did that for me, Shizu-chan. Now... we watch and see what happens..."

For a bit, nothing happened. It was like a horrid bluff to come out of this Esper's mouth. However, something did start to take action. A sudden spike of corrupt aura came from the ruins of what Add claimed to be a Dark El Shard. To say that this was a demonic power was an understatement, but what Add planned for this to help him... wasn't going to go exactly how he wanted it.

He knew with the case of Elesis, she had broken her shard and gained powers from the Dark El just like that. So Add assumed the same would happen with him. What he overlooked in his case, he was the first to damage it, being the initiator, but he wasn't the only one to break it. In a way, Shizuo's involvement threw his original planning apart,and Add wasn't aware of this until it was too late.

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... no... there isn't something right here... I should've gotten..."

Upon realizing the huge oversight of his last resort, Add momentarily realized the potential consequences of this... mere seconds before the corrupt dark aura of the broken shard had materialized physical tendrils... Not giving Add the time to defend himself, the shadowy tendrils would force themselves into Add's physical form, mostly focused into his chest crystal and his left eye.

The Esper screamed out in agony, clutching at his face and trying to close his eyes to numb out the pain. Even then, his left eye was forced open to allow this corrupt aura to deliberately force itself upon him. With this much trauma being put out into his mental processes as well as physical, his Dynamos would immediately shut off and fall to the ground as pieces of metal. It didn't take long for him to feel himself go numb everywhere, and before he could try anything else, he collapsed onto the floor unconscious just as the corrupt aura of the broken Dark El Shard had finished inhabiting his body.

All that would be seen on the unconscious Add was that the scar that ran down the left side of his head was now a bloodish red color instead of a vibrant purple... and that his chest crystal appeared with a minor crack across it... giving off an eerie red glow in contrast to the purple material of the crystal.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster

Before Elesis could strike, she stopped herself, around the same time that the lone Dynamo near here had abruptly shut off and fell to the ground. For now, she appeared confused, probably back to her normal self...

@Crow
077.png

"Tch! Dammit!"

Not up for being caught in whatever trap Add had just unleashed, the ex-bartender backpedaled and drew his arms up to defend himself from the tendrils. After a moment though, he lowered them as a look of confusion came over both him and the Esper. Why hadn't any attack come yet was the question that the brawler pondered as their foe stood there in a daze, until the tendrils shot out and the madman began to scream in pain.

"Damn... Glad I don't use magical bullshit..."

A brief moment was all that Shizuo paid before setting his mind back on the task at hand. After giving things a moment to settle down and to see if Add truly was unconscious, he began to collect the shards of the crystal before picking the kid up.

"Best we let the others know about this and get a doctor for him."

"This..." Kido began to shed tears of joy as he wipes them away. Apparently he had a fancy tray of tea and crumpets by his side and he was sitting on a chair, as if he was watching a movie. Where did those desserts come from? That is a question we will never uncover.

6a00d8341c7dce53ef017615f054a9970c-pi.jpg

"... this is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Even through thick and thin, their bonds still resonate with each other. Even though we're all pretty much doomed and stuff, we all have learned something important today - friendship is cheap, family is forever! You are not friends, you are family!

Wait, did I just say that? God I really need to work on my wording."

Kido claps, expecting others to follow suit.

Upon hearing Illona's half-joke, Kido responds, "I know a few good places that you guys can sit back, relax and stuff. As for the alcohol part, it's only illegal if others know, so yeah, it's illegal because I just said it out loud. In a room with a bunch of adults who know. You five deserve a break after this... uh... thing... whatever this thing is anymore. No seriously, what's going on?"

glXTgGe.png

"If everyone is complete with their feuds," Madoka turns attention to herself as she points to Add's still-present single Dynamo, "might someone help me destroy that object?"

Knowing that Elesis would try to deflect the requested attack, Madoka prepares to engage in combat with the Dark Avenger.

Kido then slides the portable tray of desserts towards Remilia. "You keep that, Miss," he smiles as he picks the chair he was sitting on up and tosses it at Add's Dynamo.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Hospes @york @Kaykay

WBJfeMo.png

"I have a little question - what would you do to those who continue to support Robin? Are they a threat to you? Just asking."

WBJfeMo.png

"But first, priorities. Yeah, I have a very, very bad feeling about this.

Out of the rabbit hole and into Waterhole down we go. Niiihiiii..."

A very unenthusiastic edition of his verbal tick escaped his mouth.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9
Now that things had... calmed down, to say the least, Shiki would let out a somewhat shaky sigh in an attempt to catch his breath. He was back to normal now, thankfully. At least, as normal as can be. He nodded in response to Ilona's initial question, before slowly helping himself back up to his feet, his legs just a tad shaky after all that he'd put himself through.

"Friends, huh..." He murmured to himself thoughtfully, as though he hadn't heard a term like that in quite a while. He'd been alone for quite a while. Lord knows how long it'd been since he left the mansion to find himself, since he'd fought that Umbrella man who called him a Progenitor, since he'd stumbled upon the Coalition Headquarters and stayed there to figure things out, to anticipate the coming storm that he felt.

Perhaps this entire ordeal was that storm indeed.

Shiki06.png

"A... vacation world, huh? Well, I suppose we'll see about that," Shiki replied with a noncommittal tone, rubbing the back of his head slightly and letting out a small laugh.

"I've certainly had wine before and, while I can't really say how well I can comparatively hold my alcohol, it... ended on quite the interesting note," he recounted idly, remembering that time his sister had thrown a welcome back party for him when he'd come back to the mansion for the first time in ten years. And then, before he knew it, the next day, he woke up with said dear sister sleeping in bed with him.

Or was it one of the maids? Damn, he couldn't even remember.

hPdRL3C.png

"And just for the record, Moretti... If I did go all out, I still would have won..." Shiki mumbled under his breath, before Mason would leave to confront Kieran.

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @york
@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @Verite @Atomyk
@Others?

Ruby Rose

Ruby had barely registered it when Mason had lifted her out of the way, she had been a bit too absorbed in the whole situation. It was only when Shiki finally snapped out of his trance, that she snapped back to reality.

Shiki was finally back... The real Shiki, the one she had glimpsed during the fight against the Arch-Demon, the very same one that had befriended Ilona.

His animalistic tendencies had faded, thanks to the combined efforts of her, Weiss, Sakuya, and most importantly, Ilona. However, that moment where Shiki had almost killed everyone in this room, where he had gone berserk, she came to realize something.

Despite them having been literally worlds apart before the coalition happened, she had one thing in common;

anger.

That feeling of losing control, the desparation that drove them to try and take all the troubles in their own hands.

It was that very same feeling, that had consumed her when her mother had died.

Though it wasn't an immediate thing; she was still a child, and couldn't even comprehend what had happened, but even so... Her older sister, Yang, must have felt it too.

She set off to find answers, with Ruby herself, being asleep in a little cart, pulled along without even realizing it.

On that day, the grief that had wracked her older siser could have been the end of both of their lives, had Qrow not saved them.

Perhaps this was what had driven her so far on her path to become a huntress, only fueled further by her eventual acceptance that her mother was gone.

Sure, on the outside, she still acted like a child, and in a way... She was a child, but on the inside... She had experienced alot more than a child should have, than someone her age would have.

There were countless she wished she could be the one to bear all the pain in the world, so others didn't have to, so much so that she became reckless.

Reckless enough to get herself killed.

It was a miracle she was even alive right now.

Her bold pursuit of what seemed to be a common thief, almost leading to her end in the light of a power greater than she had been prepared for.

That headstrong charge at the deathstalker she had made during her first day at beacon...

Her countless battles on behalf of the coalition...

And now, perhaps her rashes move of all; standing, unarmed... In front of someone that was merely moments away from ending the life of everyone in the room.

Qrow... Glynda... Weiss...

If it hadn't been for them, her life could have ended months, or even years ago.

But this time, what truly stopped her from meeting her end wasn't some Uncle with a badass scythe, or a huntress leagues from her own skill, or even a worried team mate.

Shiki himself, had managed to stop himself.

His apology quickly brought her out of her thoughts, and back to reality.

She had been moments away from death, in fact, the same could be said about everyone else in the room, in a way, but even then... Ruby couldn't help but smile.

ytQgvhJ.gif

"Oh! It's okay. I mean... What really matters is that we're all still here... Right?" She said.

It was... Quite an abrupt shift from that rash act from before. She had returned to that familiar, more cheerfull little girl that she once was, before the whole debacle with the coalition.

Ilona's suggestion of a multiversal vacation seemed to rile her up a little, and for a moment, she seemed a little thoughtfull, tapping her chin.

"A... Vacation?" She said inquisitively.

Though that was quickly followed by... A sudden burst of enthusiasm, as her expression changed from a thoughtfull one, to an ecstatic one once she realized the implications of a custom multiversal vacation.

"A beach would be amazing! W-We could bring swimsuits, and toys, and and... An inflatable bar-"

Ruby rambled on for a while, about activities she could plan for them on that vacation, the mountain of items they could bring with them... Optimal times since there would be a short break in classes at beacon soon, talking progressively faster and faster, until her sentences seemed to meld together into one big word.

"And and...-" Ruby suddenly stopped, mostly because she ran out of air.

Her face was actually a little flushed, though it was hard to tell if it was the lack of oxygen, or embarassment, but it was likely both.

At any rate, she took a deep breath before she cleared her throat, and tried to... Improvise.

"Ahem... I mean... I'd love to go!" She said sheepishly.

Though then she remembered what Lalonde said, about Junko missing, that and Owlman was too. Though she had been caught up in all this chaos with Shiki, she had caught bits and pieces of what was going on with the coalition leaders, and a few things others have said.

She could gather that Makoto, and Kieran were stepping down as Coalition leaders, and there had been some dirt unearthed, but that could wait.

Ruby realized a big priority to her, and the others right now, while the coalition leaders talked amongst each other was to locate Junk and Owlman, though her focus was mostly on Owlman.

Though they hadn't interacted a whole ton in the coalition, she had always felt something... Off about him, though whenever he caught her looking at him, he tried to act friendly and smile, it almost seemed like he was trying to disguise some other expression that was on his face. She could have sworn that behind that smile, lay a look of disdain... Annoyance, and... Perhaps something else.

In either case, that man never gave her very good vibes, and perhaps this was for good reason, seeing as he was missing now.

"Um... But for now, I think I'm gonna help Lalone look for Owlman." She said, looking more serious now.

Slowly, but surely, she might just be maturing, but who the heck knows. In either case, it was clear that she wanted to tie up any loose ends before they started on their vacation, the last thing they wanted was to be away when something big went down because of someone, or something that they missed right now.​

Zwei

"Arf!"

The little bark that came from Zwei's direction was quick to remind Ruby, and probably the others around her of his presense.

It looked like he had hung back throughout the whole ordeal, but now that it was over, he stood beside Ruby, wagging his tail a little.

Though he couldn't talk, his actions alone were enough to tell the others that he was going with Ruby, despite that yearning look in his eyes whenever he glanced towards Weiss's direction.​
The smile Ilona held on her lips would twitch at one of the corners when she heard Kido start clapping. She turned in his direction, flustered, waving her hands frantically as a blush filled her cheeks. "O-Oh, Sir Kido it really is nothing special!" she chirped, chuckling nervously afterwards. For a princess, she was actually a rather modest person and didn't know how to feel about the applause. The event had been rather serious anyhow, so she didn't help but feel cheering was a bit overboard.

"Ah, yes, that is exactly why I suggested a vacation," she said with a smile, gratefully replying to Kido's second statement. "I feel we all deserve a break after this... And I must admit I've never even tasted wine. What about it could have made your experience interesting, I wonder?" she innocently asked Shiki after having replied to Kido's statement as well. It was likely she couldn't even imagine some of the naughty things he had done. She was nearly pure compared to the troublesome boy beside her.

"The most comparable beverage I've tasted was cactus juice from one world I visited," Ilona paused, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. "I hallucinated and tried to jump off a cliff thinking I could fly..." She chuckled. "However, my Master saved me, so all was well in the end..."

I do wonder if Master misses me? It's been so long since I've seen him. I certainly miss spending time with him.

Ilona couldn't help but laugh after her words, especially after seeing how excited Ruby became over the idea of a vacation. "Oh, Miss Ruby, it would be an absolute delight to go on a vacation with you! You are so very pleasant to be around. I'm certain I would smile and have fun all day. We could go swimming, build sandcastles, and perhaps even hunt for sea shells. Also... watching a sunset would be nice... I've never gone to see one with friends."

I've rarely had friends to do such things with. I fear I have never really gone on a beach trip with anyone. And I fear I still shall not be able to do such a thing any time soon. It is quite a shame. Miss Ruby genuinely seemed excited to spend time with me...

Ilona let out a sigh. "Its a lovely... dream," she mumbled, letting on that she doubted this would happen.

Too exhausted to stand anymore, Ilona finally took a seat on the ground. While some individuals asked for help with certain things, Ilona decided she would sit out any of these activities for the time being.

@Crow @york @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Mason Moretti

glXTgGe.png

"Nevermind. My dilemma appears to be complete."

Madoka uses Reindhart's hammer to smash Add's Dynamo repeatedly into smithereens, just in case it begins to function again. "Be gone from the realm of the living, foul contraption. May you never see the light of day again," Madoka says in a manner so cold and cruel, it could potentially send chills up everyone's spines. "I am coming for your five brethren and Master soon."

"I am glad that you are doing fine, Elesis," Madoka returns to her regular self as she looks at Elesis. She lets a hand out. "Are you alright?"

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_ochrfen5Bx1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... Yeah... I feel... alright..."

Elesis wasn't able to think on a reason why she would be suddenly free of the esper's control just like that. Hopefully it was because of a few others finally apprehending him... Even if it were the case, she heard the uncontrollable laughter coming from her phantom inside of her head... what was the case for this? Elesis wasn't sure... but she didn't want to think of it either.

Awkwardly, the Crimson Avenger would take Madoka's hand, as if she haven't really done so normally ever since her drastic change...

@Crow

Zwei

"Arf!"

The little bark that came from Zwei's direction was quick to remind Ruby, and probably the others around her of his presense.

It looked like he had hung back throughout the whole ordeal, but now that it was over, he stood beside Ruby, wagging his tail a little.

Though he couldn't talk, his actions alone were enough to tell the others that he was going with Ruby, despite that yearning look in his eyes whenever he glanced towards Weiss's direction.​
len15_zps53eecd66.png

"..."

Len, who had been standing idly by, previously on guard when Shiki had gone berserk, would be found nearby in her cat form, tail leisurely wagging about. She'd walk over to Zwei calmly, stopping in front of him and tilting her head as she'd look at him somewhat curiously. Afterwards, she'd lift up her arm and paw at Zwei's, almost as if to ask "Is everything alright?" verbally.

Animals were truly wondrous creatures.

@york

Last edited:
EOTrV1D.png

It wasn't just a handshake Makoto wanted. After she was finished speaking, he boldly pulled her into a hug. "I promise. It's a new beginning, Kyoko. You're here now, and everything will be different. You can hope... and we can hope together."

nWhDZhe.png

With all the drama going on, there was someone that Lalonde had noticed was missing from the scene. Where and when she had gone was lost on the woman as she looked about the Command Center. "Excuse me... but has anyone seen Junko Enoshima? She seems to have suddenly disappeared."

She turned to look upon the portal Junko had summoned, still standing undisturbed. Had she gone in? Hopefully not... "While the leaders of these organizations talk through their issues, does anyone mind looking for her with me? We could conduct a search for both her and Owlman."

"Ah! I'm totally in!" Leia said, pumping her fist.

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Minerva @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Nater Taters @Kaykay @Hospes @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies

@Everyone
GR1RdDE.png

"?!"

Kyoko would let out a surprised gasp when Makoto would suddenly move in to hug her. She didn't resist him, instead seeming to bask in his warmth after recovering from the initial shock. It wasn't normal for him to be like this exactly, but then again, this was far from a normal situation.

Sure enough, after Makoto would finish speaking, the young woman would wrap her arms around him and finally hug him back, letting out a sigh as she'd nod. "We spent so much time fighting, we nearly forgot... We're all far stronger when we work together as a group against a common enemy. I can't believe even I almost lost sight of that..." She said softly, a gentle voice that almost seemed to caress Makoto.

Kyoko then pushed Makoto off her, before clearing her throat and brushing aside some stray hair.

Vys7dGn.png

"A-Anyway... Essentially, it'll just be like when we first came to found the Coalition, so it won't be all that unusual," Kyoko said, suddenly appearing to be averting her gaze directly from Makoto for some reason.

"In any case, let's not get too off-topic. We still have work to do, and I think we should start with trying to find where Enoshima and this Owlman had disappeared to. Shall we?"

@Atomyk @Everyone

tumblr_ochrfen5Bx1v3qowuo8_100.png

"... Yeah... I feel... alright..."

Elesis wasn't able to think on a reason why she would be suddenly free of the esper's control just like that. Hopefully it was because of a few others finally apprehending him... Even if it were the case, she heard the uncontrollable laughter coming from her phantom inside of her head... what was the case for this? Elesis wasn't sure... but she didn't want to think of it either.

Awkwardly, the Crimson Avenger would take Madoka's hand, as if she haven't really done so normally ever since her drastic change...

@Crow

glXTgGe.webp

"That's good to hear, Elesis. Something tells me you deserve a rest...

... after this entire fiasco of fiascos have been accomplished, I believe that we should reward ourselves."

Madoka lets a smile out.

"After all, I am a Producer. My job doesn't end at the workplace."

@Gummi Bunnies

GR1RdDE.png

"?!"

Kyoko would let out a surprised gasp when Makoto would suddenly move in to hug her. She didn't resist him, instead seeming to bask in his warmth after recovering from the initial shock. It wasn't normal for him to be like this exactly, but then again, this was far from a normal situation.

Sure enough, after Makoto would finish speaking, the young woman would wrap her arms around him and finally hug him back, letting out a sigh as she'd nod. "We spent so much time fighting, we nearly forgot... We're all far stronger when we work together as a group against a common enemy. I can't believe even I almost lost sight of that..." She said softly, a gentle voice that almost seemed to caress Makoto.

Kyoko then pushed Makoto off her, before clearing her throat and brushing aside some stray hair.

Vys7dGn.png

"A-Anyway... Essentially, it'll just be like when we first came to found the Coalition, so it won't be all that unusual," Kyoko said, suddenly appearing to be averting her gaze directly from Makoto for some reason.

"In any case, let's not get too off-topic. We still have work to do, and I think we should start with trying to find where Enoshima and this Owlman had disappeared to. Shall we?"

@Atomyk @Everyone

WBJfeMo.webp

"Roger, Ms Kirigiri, but I have just one thing to do first, be right back."

And so our young Producer vanishes into thin air...​

077.png

"Tch! Dammit!"

Not up for being caught in whatever trap Add had just unleashed, the ex-bartender backpedaled and drew his arms up to defend himself from the tendrils. After a moment though, he lowered them as a look of confusion came over both him and the Esper. Why hadn't any attack come yet was the question that the brawler pondered as their foe stood there in a daze, until the tendrils shot out and the madman began to scream in pain.

"Damn... Glad I don't use magical bullshit..."

A brief moment was all that Shizuo paid before setting his mind back on the task at hand. After giving things a moment to settle down and to see if Add truly was unconscious, he began to collect the shards of the crystal before picking the kid up.

"Best we let the others know about this and get a doctor for him."

CMyKjOHVEAAz7yL.jpg

"OH NO!!!!"

What appeared to be a giant anthropomorphic cat appeared before Shizuo, Lucifer and the unconscious Add as they were walking back. The cat-man unveiled his supposed costume's head, revealing...

WBJfeMo.webp

"Don't ask. Don't ask. Uuuhhh... this was meant to act as a lure for Add, but I guess I came a little too late, huh?"

Kido looks at the shards Shizuo was picking up.

"I can't really tell, but Shizuo... you're wearing gloves, right?"

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Crow

Reactions: Nater Taters
glXTgGe.webp

"That's good to hear, Elesis. Something tells me you deserve a rest...

... after this entire fiasco of fiascos have been accomplished, I believe that we should reward ourselves."

Madoka lets a smile out.

"After all, I am a Producer. My job doesn't end at the workplace."

@Gummi Bunnies

WBJfeMo.webp

"Roger, Ms Kirigiri, but I have just one thing to do first, be right back."

And so our young Producer vanishes into thin air...​

CMyKjOHVEAAz7yL.jpg

"OH NO!!!!"

What appeared to be a giant anthropomorphic cat appeared before Shizuo, Lucifer and the unconscious Add as they were walking back. The cat-man unveiled his supposed costume's head, revealing...

WBJfeMo.webp

"Don't ask. Don't ask. Uuuhhh... this was meant to act as a lure for Add, but I guess I came a little too late, huh?"

Kido looks at the shards Shizuo was picking up.

"I can't really tell, but Shizuo... you're wearing gloves, right?"

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Crow
"The hell?"

058.png

Well, that was certainly... strange. Wasn't everyday that someone was stuck working with someone who liked to dress up as a fox mascot.

"Okay then... Anyways, doubt it matters. Looks like gloves didn't protect Add before he got whip-lashed by the thing, and he said it only activated if smashed... Looks like it's only good for one hit."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @Crow

"..."

Len, who had been standing idly by, previously on guard when Shiki had gone berserk, would be found nearby in her cat form, tail leisurely wagging about. She'd walk over to Zwei calmly, stopping in front of him and tilting her head as she'd look at him somewhat curiously. Afterwards, she'd lift up her arm and paw at Zwei's, almost as if to ask "Is everything alright?" verbally.

Animals were truly wondrous creatures.

@york
Zwei
@Verite

vXPlfH4.gif

"Arf! Arf!" Zwei barked, pawing Len back.

Looks like everything was alright with him, even though he was carrying a metal suitcase in his mouth.

His little tail wagged from side to side as he panted lightly, clearly excited about this sudden interaction; perhaps the little doggo just needed some attention after all! Contrary to what one might think, he certainly wasn't hostile to cats, and well... This one, unlike poor Blake, appeared to be alot more friendly (ooor at the very least didn't hop up onto the nearest elevated object upon seeing him).​

"The hell?"

058.png

Well, that was certainly... strange. Wasn't everyday that someone was stuck working with someone who liked to dress up as a fox mascot.

"Okay then... Anyways, doubt it matters. Looks like gloves didn't protect Add before he got whip-lashed by the thing, and he said it only activated if smashed... Looks like it's only good for one hit."

@Gummi Bunnies @Ringmaster @Crow

WBJfeMo.webp

"Uh..." Kido says as he removes the cat costume, returning to his business suit. "Just to be safe, you might want to wash your hands, Shizuo. With Holy Water. And soap. It's not safe to touch magical devil rocks with your bare hands."

He then looks at the costume helmet, then at Lucifer for a bit. "Hmmm... nah. Let's just all head back to the room. We're preparing to look for a few members who have gone a little missing - Junko Enoshima and Owlman. I know you're leaving, Shizuo, so why not we spice your farewell party up with a few final memories?"

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Crow

Zwei
@Verite

vXPlfH4.gif

"Arf! Arf!" Zwei barked, pawing Len back.

Looks like everything was alright with him, even though he was carrying a metal suitcase in his mouth.

His little tail wagged from side to side as he panted lightly, clearly excited about this sudden interaction; perhaps the little doggo just needed some attention after all! Contrary to what one might think, he certainly wasn't hostile to cats, and well... This one, unlike poor Blake, appeared to be alot more friendly (ooor at the very least didn't hop up onto the nearest elevated object upon seeing him).​
latest

Len tilted her head a bit more in response to Zwei's reply, a curious look remaining on her face, gazing at the suitcase that he had been carrying. One could only assume that she wondered what was in it, but didn't seem to push on it, assuming she was even able to inquire, so all she did to affirm her understanding of him was...

"Meow."

Still, her curiosity still remained, the cat leaning in and taking a sniff at the suitcase on a whim.

@york

WBJfeMo.webp

"Uh..." Kido says as he removes the cat costume, returning to his business suit. "Just to be safe, you might want to wash your hands, Shizuo. With Holy Water. And soap. It's not safe to touch magical devil rocks with your bare hands."

He then looks at the costume helmet, then at Lucifer for a bit. "Hmmm... nah. Let's just all head back to the room. We're preparing to look for a few members who have gone a little missing - Junko Enoshima and Owlman. I know you're leaving, Shizuo, so why not we spice your farewell party up with a few final memories?"

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Crow
045.png

"Hmph... Not really one for parties, but alright. Just as long as I get to dump this ass with someone else soon."

GR1RdDE.png

"?!"

Vys7dGn.png

@Atomyk @Everyone
Ms. ex-hostage vanished again?" The woman let out with an exasperated sigh. her anger boiled over into simple dissapointment and frustration. "Well, if we're going on a scavenger hunt, we should split into teamsa to cover more ground quickly. The most mobile of us should all divide evenly so they can inform and warn the slower moving of whatever they find. I.E. people like me who can zoom about at 500 mph and higher. for example to scout anything a bit ahead of the rest, and hopefully find the others most efficiently." i paused to breathe. "that's just my thoughts at least.

Now that things had... calmed down, to say the least, Shiki would let out a somewhat shaky sigh in an attempt to catch his breath. He was back to normal now, thankfully. At least, as normal as can be. He nodded in response to Ilona's initial question, before slowly helping himself back up to his feet, his legs just a tad shaky after all that he'd put himself through.

"Friends, huh..." He murmured to himself thoughtfully, as though he hadn't heard a term like that in quite a while. He'd been alone for quite a while. Lord knows how long it'd been since he left the mansion to find himself, since he'd fought that Umbrella man who called him a Progenitor, since he'd stumbled upon the Coalition Headquarters and stayed there to figure things out, to anticipate the coming storm that he felt.

Perhaps this entire ordeal was that storm indeed.

Shiki06.png

"A... vacation world, huh? Well, I suppose we'll see about that," Shiki replied with a noncommittal tone, rubbing the back of his head slightly and letting out a small laugh.

"I've certainly had wine before and, while I can't really say how well I can comparatively hold my alcohol, it... ended on quite the interesting note," he recounted idly, remembering that time his sister had thrown a welcome back party for him when he'd come back to the mansion for the first time in ten years. And then, before he knew it, the next day, he woke up with said dear sister sleeping in bed with him.

Or was it one of the maids? Damn, he couldn't even remember.

hPdRL3C.png

"And just for the record, Moretti... If I did go all out, I still would have won..." Shiki mumbled under his breath, before Mason would leave to confront Kieran.

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Hospes @york
Sakuya-SWRConfident.png

"A vacation does sound nice, doesn't it?" Sakuya welcomed the much less chaotic state of things for the moment, feeling a little worn after the non-stop turns of events that had been going on. She wasn't really the type to take vacations, though, except for when Remilia decided to go on one of their adventures or something. Like that time they'd gone to the moon.
"The most comparable beverage I've tasted was cactus juice from one world I visited," Ilona paused, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. "I hallucinated and tried to jump off a cliff thinking I could fly..." She chuckled. "However, my Master saved me, so all was well in the end..."
"Maybe if you try enough times you'll succeed?"

@york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

hPdRL3C.png

"Oh, don't tease her, Sakuya..." Shiki sighed, a tired bead of sweat rolling down his cheek as he spoke, tired enough that he'd seem to have forgotten to refer to the maid with an honorific.

Or perhaps he simply felt more comfortable that way.

@Kaykay

latest

Len tilted her head a bit more in response to Zwei's reply, a curious look remaining on her face, gazing at the suitcase that he had been carrying. One could only assume that she wondered what was in it, but didn't seem to push on it, assuming she was even able to inquire, so all she did to affirm her understanding of him was...

"Meow."

Still, her curiosity still remained, the cat leaning in and taking a sniff at the suitcase on a whim.

@york
Zwei
@Verite

"Ruff!" Zwei barked.

He nuzzled a little button near the handle... But didn't make an effort to push it, but even so... Len could smell an assortment of dust (that elemental stuff from remnant), and a distinct metallic smell, likely both from the suitcase, and its contents. Though if she had been paying attention to Zwei during that little brawl in the headquarters, she might remember he had some sort of battlesuit on, before the mist hit anyways.

The smile Ilona held on her lips would twitch at one of the corners when she heard Kido start clapping. She turned in his direction, flustered, waving her hands frantically as a blush filled her cheeks. "O-Oh, Sir Kido it really is nothing special!" she chirped, chuckling nervously afterwards. For a princess, she was actually a rather modest person and didn't know how to feel about the applause. The event had been rather serious anyhow, so she didn't help but feel cheering was a bit overboard.

"Ah, yes, that is exactly why I suggested a vacation," she said with a smile, gratefully replying to Kido's second statement. "I feel we all deserve a break after this... And I must admit I've never even tasted wine. What about it could have made your experience interesting, I wonder?" she innocently asked Shiki after having replied to Kido's statement as well. It was likely she couldn't even imagine some of the naughty things he had done. She was nearly pure compared to the troublesome boy beside her.

I do wonder if Master misses me? It's been so long since I've seen him. I certainly miss spending time with him.

Ilona couldn't help but laugh after her words, especially after seeing how excited Ruby became over the idea of a vacation. "Oh, Miss Ruby, it would be an absolute delight to go on a vacation with you! You are so very pleasant to be around. I'm certain I would smile and have fun all day. We could go swimming, build sandcastles, and perhaps even hunt for sea shells. Also... watching a sunset would be nice... I've never gone to see one with friends."

I've rarely had friends to do such things with. I fear I have never really gone on a beach trip with anyone. And I fear I still shall not be able to do such a thing any time soon. It is quite a shame. Miss Ruby genuinely seemed excited to spend time with me...

Ilona let out a sigh. "Its a lovely... dream," she mumbled, letting on that she doubted this would happen.

Too exhausted to stand anymore, Ilona finally took a seat on the ground. While some individuals asked for help with certain things, Ilona decided she would sit out any of these activities for the time being.

Sakuya-SWRConfident.png

"A vacation does sound nice, doesn't it?" Sakuya welcomed the much less chaotic state of things for the moment, feeling a little worn after the non-stop turns of events that had been going on. She wasn't really the type to take vacations, though, except for when Remilia decided to go on one of their adventures or something. Like that time they'd gone to the moon.

hPdRL3C.png

"Oh, don't tease her, Sakuya..." Shiki sighed, a tired bead of sweat rolling down his cheek as he spoke, tired enough that he'd seem to have forgotten to refer to the maid with an honorific.

@Kaykay

Ruby Rose

@Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Mason Moretti

"It's not just a dream... I promise! We'll make it come true!" Ruby exclaimed.

Either she was extremely hooked on the idea of a multiversal vacation, or perhaps she was simply trying her best to lift Ilona's spirits, but in either case, that bright expression on her face never seemed to fade.

For the moment, it was as if she had forgotten about the state Jennifer and Qrow were in... The state the coalition was in as she was so focused on the situation.

"Besides... I don't mind skipping out on my classes! I can just take another year, and I'll be fine!" She added.

Well, before Ilona, or Weiss for a matter of fact could get worked up about this, she was quick to catch on that she didn't sound like she was joking.

gfWYPG7.gif

"... That was a joke." She said smiling sheepishly, and looking down at the ground for a moment.

Then, she looked up, a more serious expression on her face.

"But, I wasn't joking about the vacation thing! We can... Arrange something when the time is right!" She exclaimed, with a renewed vigor.

Though she had no idea when a vacation like this was even possible, just the prospect of it alone seemed to bring joy to her eyes, and... For the moment, it looked like all that emotional weight she had been carrying in her had vanished, for the time being.

Sakuya-SWRConfident.png

hPdRL3C.png

@Kaykay
Zwei
@Verite

"Ruff!" Zwei barked.

He nuzzled a little button near the handle... But didn't make an effort to push it, but even so... Len could smell an assortment of dust (that elemental stuff from remnant), and a distinct metallic smell, likely both from the suitcase, and its contents. Though if she had been paying attention to Zwei during that little brawl in the headquarters, she might remember he had some sort of battlesuit on, before the mist hit anyways.

Ruby Rose

@Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes @Mason Moretti

"It's not just a dream... I promise! We'll make it come true!" Ruby exclaimed.

Either she was extremely hooked on the idea of a multiversal vacation, or perhaps she was simply trying her best to lift Ilona's spirits, but in either case, that bright expression on her face never seemed to fade.

For the moment, it was as if she had forgotten about the state Jennifer and Qrow were in... The state the coalition was in as she was so focused on the situation.

"Besides... I don't mind skipping out on my classes! I can just take another year, and I'll be fine!" She added.

Well, before Ilona, or Weiss for a matter of fact could get worked up about this, she was quick to catch on that she didn't sound like she was joking.

gfWYPG7.gif

"... That was a joke." She said smiling sheepishly, and looking down at the ground for a moment.

Then, she looked up, a more serious expression on her face.

"But, I wasn't joking about the vacation thing! We can... Arrange something when the time is right!" She exclaimed, with a renewed vigor.

Though she had no idea when a vacation like this was even possible, just the prospect of it alone seemed to bring joy to her eyes, and... For the moment, it looked like all that emotional weight she had been carrying in her had vanished, for the time being.

Still as gullible as ever, Ilona didn't catch on that Sakuya was teasing her and began to rattle off a response. "Oh, but Miss Sakuya, what makes you say that? Is it common for individuals to fly where you come from? I suppose I've been to a few worlds where individuals can fly, but I don't see many out ther--"

Ilona cut herself off, realizing Sakuya was teasing her the moment Shiki called her out. The blonde quieted for a moment, placing a hand over her mouth as if self conscious.

E18Imbu.png

Dear Sun, I have a feeling Miss Sakuya has done this to me before! It was the very same time we first met when she told me that it was my fault Miss Len had turned into a feline, wasn't it? I-It's not my fault I fail to pick up social cues from time to time! I've spent quite a lot of my life away from people!

Playing off her embarrassment, Ilona burst out into laughter. "Ah ha ha ha, yes! Good one, Miss Sakuya! It's quite all right! I don't mind being teased..." Although Ilona said this, the blush on her face would suggest otherwise. Unsure what to say after her awkward outburst, the girl was more than grateful that Ruby would speak up.

"Dream or not, it's a lovely thought, Miss Ruby! But I'm afraid I must suggest you do not skip your classes. School lessons are very important and you should count yourself lucky to have access to them. For you see, I grew up without schooling so I never learned much more than how to rea--"

When Ruby would mention that she was joking, Ilona would cut herself off again--once more mortified to realize she had missed another social cue.

"A-Ah, yes, but of course! A joke! I knew it!"

Flustered once more, Ilona tried to brush it off and continued speaking. "Anyhow, if you have any places in mind for a vacation I certainly wouldn't mind hearing about them. Truthfully, whether you have classes or not, we could still go on a vacation and I could return you to your classes before they even start. Being able to travel across time and space has its advantages."

Artyom was relived that the tense situation had seemed to have been diffused, he himself was not much of a talker, so he decided it to be best it he let others deal with the standoff. His assumption turned out to be true, as Ocelot and Makoto both resigned from their positions in the coalition, and the situation was resolved without having to fire a single shot. Sometimes, he wished the people of The Metro could be that reasonable, wither it be the Nazis, Reds or Hansa, it was nice when he could talk someone out of doing something, rather than using force.

The lanky Russian plopped down on the ground, deciding to relax until his services were needed .

"Boy...I could go for some Vodka right now." He said half jokingly to anyone who would listen

@Anybody who wants to talk to Arty

hPdRL3C.png

@Kaykay

Still as gullible as ever, Ilona didn't catch on that Sakuya was teasing her and began to rattle off a response. "Oh, but Miss Sakuya, what makes you say that? Is it common for individuals to fly where you come from? I suppose I've been to a few worlds where individuals can fly, but I don't see many out ther--"

Ilona cut herself off, realizing Sakuya was teasing her the moment Shiki called her out. The blonde quieted for a moment, placing a hand over her mouth as if self conscious.

E18Imbu.png

Dear Sun, I have a feeling Miss Sakuya has done this to me before! It was the very same time we first met when she told me that it was my fault Miss Len had turned into a feline, wasn't it? I-It's not my fault I fail to pick up social cues from time to time! I've spent quite a lot of my life away from people!

Playing off her embarrassment, Ilona burst out into laughter. "Ah ha ha ha, yes! Good one, Miss Sakuya! It's quite all right! I don't mind being teased..." Although Ilona said this, the blush on her face would suggest otherwise. Unsure what to say after her awkward outburst, the girl was more than grateful that Ruby would speak up.

"Dream or not, it's a lovely thought, Miss Ruby! But I'm afraid I must suggest you do not skip your classes. School lessons are very important and you should count yourself lucky to have access to them. For you see, I grew up without schooling so I never learned much more than how to rea--"

When Ruby would mention that she was joking, Ilona would cut herself off again--once more mortified to realize she had missed another social cue.

"A-Ah, yes, but of course! A joke! I knew it!"

Flustered once more, Ilona tried to brush it off and continued speaking. "Anyhow, if you have any places in mind for a vacation I certainly wouldn't mind hearing about them. Truthfully, whether you have classes or not, we could still go on a vacation and I could return you to your classes before they even start. Being able to travel across time and space has its advantages."

It seemed Ilona really was gullible, but didn't quite appreciate the fact. The maid couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the poor girl. "Well, actually, it is common for people to fly where I am from. See?" As if to prove her point, she hovered a mere inch above ground. It wasn't like she was planning to really go airborne here after all, and there was hardly the space for it anyway with all these people around.

Maybe she could trick her once more into thinking it wasn't a joke after all.

"Surely you can fly too, Shiki?" Sakuya asked, giving him a sly smile as she was fully aware that he couldn't do that from the time they'd fought the archdemon.

She didn't seem to mind dropping the honorifics herself either.

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york

Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"United We Fall"

Unbeknownst to Lalonde or anyone in the Command Center, Junko Enoshima had not slipped away under mysterious means. At some point, she had simply had enough of the yelling and fighting, deciding to retreat silently and explore the Coalition Headquarters she had only managed to hear about before today. Or at least, the today from her perspective. Time stuff was a bit confusing!

The majority of the activity ongoing in the base was centered around the Medical Bay, where Junko found herself wandering by curiosity. She watched the people rush around her, in a hurry to check on the heavy amount of wounded hurt during Umbrella's assault. She supposed the injured from whatever Ilona had accidentally done were here as well, which meant this room was probably experiencing more activity than it had in a long time. It was a little tough for Junko to watch.

Children who had somehow joined the Coalition's ranks were crying, though even some grown men and women were dropping tears as well. It was hard to miss the critically wounded, those who were unconscious or (sickeningly) missing limbs. Though it devastated Junko to watch such a concentrated amount of hurt and pain, she found herself transfixed by the scene. There were Coalition members at the side of every crying child and every member who needed the quickest medical attention. Even if the Coalition had messed up, it was clear to see that many of them cared deeply for each other.

If only she could stay...

Junko's wandering eye eventually caught sight of a familiar sight... or, she supposed, a familiar man. He was sleeping soundly in one of the beds and Junko was thankful he didn't stir as she approached to get a look at him. She looked down at him, examining his face as he slept.

hzFQ5tC.png

"Ellis..." Just one of the many people she had met during her many shifts, though she had no idea if this Ellis had even met her yet. Had he mentioned something like this happening? It didn't really matter, as Junko didn't plan to stick around long enough to find out. Whether it was her decision or not, she was soon to leave, off to another pocket in space and time. There was no point in holding on to emotional attachments if one knew they would always break sooner or later.

She lingered for a moment, staring at him just long enough that she felt comfortable with. As she turned around, she was surprised to find someone grabbing her arm and roughly pulling her away from the bed. She tried to scream, but a gloved hand was slapped over her mouth to muffle her cries. Things were just too hectic in the Med Bay for the scene to go noticed, though it helped that the woman's attacker seemed to have a knack for stealth...

Junko didn't know entirely where she was. At some point, her attacker had held his other hand over her eyes, leaving her disoriented as he carried her (presumably) throughout the Coalition Headquarters. She tried to fight him, to squirm out of his grip or activate her abilities, but she seemed unable to do anything at all with them ever since opening that portal in the Command Center. Was it related to the mist, or something more?

The attacker dropped her to the ground and let her go, allowing Junko to see she was in some kind of large meeting room with seating all around a center circle, though about half of it was buried in junk that had dropped from the ceiling. Before her, standing in the center, were two bald men. They both seemed almost familiar to Junko.

She associated one of the men's pointed ears with elves, so she figured he was one. He smiled at her.

4MtvgM4.jpg

"So the young girl has arrived," he said evenly. "Brought to the place where she may finally end her journey."

"What the hell...?" Junko stood frozen at the top of a staircase that led down to the two men waiting for her. "What is this?"

"It seems the time has come, my friend," said the other man beside him, hovering slightly above the ground.

MbmFG9O.png

Her memory was dim, but Junko believed this one was named Zaheer. He loomed, a proud grin on his face. Moving his way to the elf, he nodded. It took a lot of work between the two men for them to reach this point.

"I knew your cause was a noble one, Solas. Thank you for trusting me. I am glad to call you my friend." Zaheer's eyes glared slightly at the third man in the room. Junko could pick up on the fact Zaheer didn't seem to trust the other man in the room. Turning to Junko, Zaheer hovered slightly higher.

"Thank you too, Junko. I'm not sure if you recall, but you freed me some time ago. Which luckily led me to Solas. Which led to what this multiverse need most of call." Turning back to Solas, a firm nod came from the Anarchist. "Change. It's time to embrace the true natural order, Disorder."

A leering grin seemed evident on the captor that had brought Junko here in response to Zaheer's statement about disorder. His features were shrouded in the shadows, and it appeared he had chosen to stay silent throughout this operation. Junko had a hard time making out many, if any distinct features about him. At least, ones that she could work with.

"Disorder is only one such cause among us."

"Oh, god..." Junko's hands raised to grab at the sides of her head. She shook it slowly, memories coming back to her. "I remember you... Zaheer... Why do I think this isn't so you can give me a thank-you present?" She let out a small nervous laugh at that.

"Your memories are mere fragments," the elf, Solas, said. "Splintered and cracked by the trauma placed upon your body by the Anchor. You do not remember me, even though we have met twice already. I had been testing you, to see if you could recall my face. You were just as lost then as you are now."

"The Anchor...? Are you...?" Junko raised her right hand to examine the scar placed upon it. Realization slowly hit her, and she felt as if she was falling. "You call this thing the Anchor... You did this to me...?" She wavered on her feet, stumbling slightly to fall against one of the seats next to the stairs. Solas looked unimpressed.

"Come closer."

The elf raised his staff, conjuring some kind of energy that pushed Junko forward, forcing her to stumble down the rest of the stairs. Zaheer stood firmly as the energy gathered around Junko. Zaheer's voice called to her, "Solas gave you a burden to bear untill he needed it back. This isn't just about you. You see, the three of us all have different wants and needs out of this Anchor. However, we all agree on a simple fact: We need to wipe the slate clean."

Junko stopped at the bottom of the stairs to stand before Solas and Zaheer. Her hands shook as she looked up to meet their twin gazes. Seeing them, staring into their eyes... she shrank away, turning to look upon her earlier attacker, only to end up stumbling once against into the stairs. "If you gave this to me then take it away!" she yelled, tears forming around her eyes. She beat at the ground with her fists as she began to sob. "Why me?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

Solas responded by pulling an item from one of his pockets, revealing it to Junko.

xM5jgox.png

"The Orb of Fen'Harel was given to you so that you would act as an incubator for its power. This was necessary. There was no specific reason why you were chosen, no method to which I made the decision. It could have been anybody, but it was you, and now you have held the Anchor long enough for us to make use of it."

Junko looked up at him, the orb bringing up memories she had long since buried. Solas had posed as a merchant, having told her the orb would allow her to travel to other worlds. That it did, but little did Junko know the terrible burden she would be given in the process. Now she had been used in some insane plot she couldn't fathom the endgame of.

"... I don't want to die," was all she could say.

"You may have luck on your side."

Junko felt that magical force push her up and off her feet. Solas dropped his staff to grab hold of Junko's wrist so that her scar was pointed toward the ceiling. With the orb in the other hand, Solas pressed it to the Anchor, causing what felt like a great amount of pressure to build up in Junko's hand. As both the orb and mark began to glow green, Junko screamed.

Solas calmly pressed the two together, holding it there long enough for Junko's screaming to become a low whimper.

"... My, my, what a bother. I suppose the saying is true after all. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth," a calm, feminine voice would suddenly say, interrupting the exchange between Junko and the three men.

ycRVdzJ.png

With an uncharacteristically casual, almost uncaring mien to her, Leia Rolando let out a tired sigh, as though the presence of the strange men were nothing more than an inconvenience to her at the moment. Anyone who knew anything about her would know right on the spot that it wasn't like her to be like this, but in this moment, the individual that stood before the four people was confident that remaining in character wasn't necessary in this pressing time.

"I do all this planning, I keep this patient, and yet, as expected, mortals are so eager to fly close to the sun that they beat me to the punch. Of course, this simply means I'll have to try extra hard to catch up," she said, putting one hand on her hip while making a raising gesture with the other, "No doubt, Othinus will be irritated that it turned out there was an unprecedented threat to the plan, but even more if she'd find out I couldn't deal with it appropriately."

Suddenly, with an expression that turned deathly serious, the girl's eyes went completely blank and deathly serious, devoid of emotion, some sort of killing intent replacing any semblance of true feeling.

"Looks like I'll have to dispose of you," she stopped, before her lips curled into a smile and letting out a brief, girlish giggle, "... Oh, but where are my manners? I suppose a person is entitled to know who the one responsible for their undoing will be, right?"

The more and more the individual spoke, the more apparent one thing would have become for anyone present who knew anything about Leia Rolando.

That this was not Leia Rolando.

And whoever this person was, they'd reveal that very fact shortly after they'd finish speaking. Suddenly, "Leia's" body would morph and shift, as though a parasite lurked inside and wormed around. The structure of her face changed a bit, as did the color of her eyes, and her hair suddenly turned blonde and began growing exponentially until it extended down to the back of the legs, and her body would become just a tad slimmer. The changes also extended to the clothing as well, as Leia's traditional outfit was replaced by yellow and black clothing. Grabbing the hat with their hand and tossing it aside, the transformation was complete, and the individual who had been posing as Leia grinned with malicious intent behind their teeth, extending out his fingers, summoning what appeared to be energy blades from his fingertips.

e45899ae5d1a4074b3d0c8f6c71e3477.png

"My name is Thor. And while I'm sure that your plan is important to you in your own right, I cannot allow you to interfere with my own. That girl is coming with me... So I suppose this is the end of the line for you. It came sooner than expected, eh?"

Solas, who looked calm throughout this intrusion, barely paid him any attention. "You're too late."

With that, the feminine looking man lunged forward towards Solas, Zaheer, and their mysterious third associate, ready to attack. He prepared to swing his arm around with the intention of cleanly cutting through them, before--

BOOM!

An explosion rocked the entire room before anyone knew it, and even Thor was taken aback by it.

It was not entirely long after Kyoko had moved the majority of the group into looking for Junko alongside Lalonde that something happened. A shaking rumbled through the halls of the headquarters, a movement so grand that it could have been mistaken for an earthquake if the base was located on a landmass of any kind. A strange buzzing energy followed after the rumbling, seeming to vibrate through the floor and walls of the base. Anyone with hair would feel it standing on end, as if in the middle of some kind of electric field.

kiri002.png

"!"

Kyoko, an alarmed expression drawn on her face, would let out a sharp, yet brief gasp, as the halls would seem to violently shake without much logical explanation. She struggled to remain on her feet, but tried her best to refrain from touching the walls, if only out of paranoia that coming into contact with the vibrations would come as quite the physical shock that could threaten to numb her already less than unblemished hands.

Her mind raced as the situation suddenly went from calm to urgent once again, attempting to think through what the source of the vibrating could possibly be. If it could affect an area like this, then the easiest thing to think, assuming it was affecting not just this hall, but also extended to the rest of the headquarters, was...

"Could it be... coming from the Command Center?" She thought in exclamation aloud, eyes widening briefly, before proceeding to run towards the area, wasting no time in attempting to ascertain where this was coming from, all while attempting to retain her footing.

The portal left in the Command Center had grown in intensity, flashing green and shooting out a harsh wind that battered the group. Intense waves of energy beat at the debris left within the room from the fighting and sent it slamming to the walls. This energy was only growing in intensity, threatening to throw anyone in the room off their feet. Lalonde could only bark out a plea to run before the portal exploded and sent the group flying, some into the walls and some back out into the hall.

pvqh9Ua.png

"Kyoko!" Makoto screamed, grabbing her hand before both he and her were carried into the air. "Hold on!" The explosion ripped apart the ceiling and cut through the walls, sending out a tremendous force that was carried throughout the base.

Those in the Medical Bay soon felt the aftereffects of the explosion, a green wind whipping throughout the room to toss stray objects and knock over some of the beds. Though the force wasn't as powerful here, something else seemed to tug at the ceiling of the Med Bay, pulling it apart so that all inside could see the sky above. All Coalition members knew there wasn't even supposed to be a sky, for there normally was no actual space above the base. However, all could see the undeniable sight a swirling green void now occupying the space.

uSAmKNZ.png

Looking up at the new sky, Jude was in at a loss for words. His arms fell to his sides, eyes wide in wonder. "Im... possible..." Behind him, he could hear Byakuya issuing orders for the clean-up of the Med Bay. Jude slowly turned away from the green sky, watching as room exploded into outright panic over these developments. Even despite the explosion from before, even after Umbrella having taken over the building, everyone had assumed they were safe, To face a third tragedy now was almost impossible for some to bear at this point.

"Please wait... Please stop!" Jude ran toward the exit out into the hall, watching as people who were once loyal Coalition members flee from the room, injured and all. He could only assume they were heading to the gateways to make an escape, injured and all, though who knew what dangers they would face now.

Captain-Commander Kieran entered then, pushing against those streaming out of the room. "What's happened?!" he asked, looking at Jude, but the young doctor could only shake his head in disbelief. The man broke free of the crowd, moving toward Jude, but something caught his eye, "Blast... what the hell?"

Jude turned around to see what Kieran was looking at, his eyes catching a black mist draped in a green glow descending from the void above. It materialized into a form, taking on the appearance of a man Jude had only seen in Coalition documents.

"W-Wesker?!"

jx5Aruf.gif

"... P-Protect the injured!" Kieran exclaimed, holding up his axe to fight this strange threat.

Makoto groaned, blinking at a blurry vision of green dust all around him. He waved at the air, flinching at the stiffness he felt across his body. "Everyone--" Makoto had to pause as he got to his feet, feeling as if he had to exert great effort to do so. "Everyone okay?"

UZ00nlQ.png

"Ngh... Never better..." Gwen, who had followed Kyoko, Makoto, and the others, groaned painfully, clutching her arm as she'd stand up on her two feet again, having been unceremoniously been knocked into the wall and hit by some stray debris when the explosion had occurred. Still, she wasn't too badly injured, still able to use her super strength to go around and push away a few decently sized debris to clear up the pathway a bit.

As Makoto's vision cleared, the dust around him settled to reveal his comrades all around him, most only dazed by the explosion. The sole exception was Erron Black, half-buried under debris and unconscious.

Makoto found himself looking up, blinking at the bright sky above, marveling at what was honestly a beautiful display. It was such an impossibility that Makoto wondered momentarily if he had hit his head hard enough to start dreaming, but the soreness across his body told him that this had to be real.

He looked back down at the others, looking for Kyoko. The Command Center had mostly caved in on itself, the majority of the ceiling littered across the ground. Everyone had thankfully been cleared of the debris by the blast, though Makoto couldn't help but worry. "Where are you...?" His heart skipped a beat at how long it was taking her to find that familiar purple hair.

kiri033.png

"I'm right here, I'm right here..." Kyoko piped up once she caught her bearings, evidently not too banged up by the explosion, other than her hair and clothes getting a tad dirtied through all the commotion.

"... Oh!" When he saw her, he was beyond relieved to see she seemed okay. Makoto ran to her and almost threw her into a hug, but he opted instead to just hold out his hand and help her up. He knew there was no time to waste. "I-- You see it, Kyoko? The swirling mass, it's coming down to a point within the base. I don't know what's going on, but I can't do it without you..."

"Yeah, I see it. I can't make heads or tails of what's going on either, but... It certainly doesn't look great," Kyoko remarked in response, before taking yet another moment to compose herself, her mind still racing all the while mechanically, akin to a never-tiring machine solving problems. In this case, she was trying to solve one mystery after another. Specifically...

"... But where is it...?"

Where was it coming from?

She was almost ready to pace back and forth, a oddly nonchalant action for such a dire situation as now, but as luck would have it, as soon as she'd ask herself that question, the answer, or at least, a possible hypothesis, would strike her like lightning.

The center of the headquarters that connected all throughout.

"The Meeting Room!"

And just like before, she would break into a run, gesturing for others to follow behind her with an urgent "Hurry!"

With a nod, Gwen and the others around followed suit as expected. Lalonde quickly offered to take Erron to the Med Bay, leaving them. Kyoko's physical stamina was practically as tireless as her mind in this moment, wasting no time in getting over to the Meeting Room in order to see if that was indeed the source of where the portal was coming from.

However, she wasn't prepared for the sight that would wait for her when she'd turn the corner.

ZS0yWSo.png

An vast space of destruction and a sky that was not supposed to be there.

A crater that filled up the headquarters like a meteor crashing through a building.

Kyoko was speechless, skidding to a halt when she'd do so, not realizing how frantically she'd been panting. And without giving herself any time to recover, she would let out another gasp upon catching sight of yet another peculiar sight; Junko Enoshima, smack dab in the middle of the area, isolated like an island surrounded by destruction.

"E-Enoshima...?!"

"Makoto!" yelled someone, running up to the group. Makoto turned his head to find Sorey joining them, as well as Mikleo.

6LjMd59.png

"We came as soon as we can...! Whatever's going on in the sky, it's spreading malevolence!" Beside him, Mikleo nodded.

nyFmcLl.png

"It's so thick, Sorey can barely breath... I feel it pushing at me as well, almost drowning me."

Makoto looked to Kyoko for a moment, the possibilities running through his head. "... It's a portal, that's what we know Junko's power can do. A portal where? Well, there's only a few places it could be if it's pulling malevolence through."

"It must be Silent Earth, right?" Sorey asked.

"Maybe... or maybe it's a portal that connects to the Dark Place directly. That world made of despair and malevolence... This may be the escape they always wanted!" Makoto cupped his hands around his mouth so that he could yell to Junko across the crater. "Junko, you have to stop it! You have to close it now!"

t0EEqdJ.png

"I c-can't!" she screamed, sounding as if she was crying. She tugged at her right hand with her left, but it looked frozen in place, sending out waves of green energy toward the sky. "I'm so sorry! This is so messed up!"

"It's okay! We..." Makoto swallowed and looked around at his group. They had all been caught up in arguments and in-fighting up until even a few moments ago, but now a bigger threat forced that all aside. They had to work together now, or else the multiverse would change permanently for the worse. "Hold on! We'll come to you! I didn't think I'd ever say this, but...

V1MwFcF.png

"... Everyone, we must save Junko Enoshima!"

As Makoto, Sorey, and Mikleo dropped off the edge to slide down into the crater, bolts of green lightning slammed down from the void above, conjuring black mist that formed into various creatures. Two kinds were most evident... an army of small bears and an army of staggering human figures.

h0wcWDe.jpg

The bears brandished claws as they moved upon the their enemies, bearing a striking resemblance to the bear known as Monokuma.

"Oh, no... the Dark Presence..."

s8akcqg.jpg

The humanoid figures, otherwise known as Husks moved slower than the Monokumas, but were known for their durability more than anything else.

"... It takes the forms of memories and ideas... it's using our memories against us!"

But the worst was just arriving.

Overhead, the sky emitted a titanic ripping sound. An enormous black leg covered with tufts of spiny fur pushed through it. The leg ended in a vast claw made of many faces. They screamed together, their cries creating a symphony of madness. There was a tenebrous rustling sound as the leg moved through the air, a sound that would give endless nightmares. It reached, it stretched, it touched the ground and scrabbled there like skinless fingers, leaving scorch-marks that gave off thick tendrils of smoke.

It was Mother.

Not a mother, but the Mother.

Soon, an old woman's voice whispered into the heads of all to lay eyes upon the many faces. Soon I will be free and we will live forever.

Continued here.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"United We Fall"

Unbeknownst to Lalonde or anyone in the Command Center, Junko Enoshima had not slipped away under mysterious means. At some point, she had simply had enough of the yelling and fighting, deciding to retreat silently and explore the Coalition Headquarters she had only managed to hear about before today. Or at least, the today from her perspective. Time stuff was a bit confusing!

The majority of the activity ongoing in the base was centered around the Medical Bay, where Junko found herself wandering by curiosity. She watched the people rush around her, in a hurry to check on the heavy amount of wounded hurt during Umbrella's assault. She supposed the injured from whatever Ilona had accidentally done were here as well, which meant this room was probably experiencing more activity than it had in a long time. It was a little tough for Junko to watch.

Children who had somehow joined the Coalition's ranks were crying, though even some grown men and women were dropping tears as well. It was hard to miss the critically wounded, those who were unconscious or (sickeningly) missing limbs. Though it devastated Junko to watch such a concentrated amount of hurt and pain, she found herself transfixed by the scene. There were Coalition members at the side of every crying child and every member who needed the quickest medical attention. Even if the Coalition had messed up, it was clear to see that many of them cared deeply for each other.

If only she could stay...

Junko's wandering eye eventually caught sight of a familiar sight... or, she supposed, a familiar man. He was sleeping soundly in one of the beds and Junko was thankful he didn't stir as she approached to get a look at him. She looked down at him, examining his face as he slept.

hzFQ5tC.png

"Ellis..." Just one of the many people she had met during her many shifts, though she had no idea if this Ellis had even met her yet. Had he mentioned something like this happening? It didn't really matter, as Junko didn't plan to stick around long enough to find out. Whether it was her decision or not, she was soon to leave, off to another pocket in space and time. There was no point in holding on to emotional attachments if one knew they would always break sooner or later.

She lingered for a moment, staring at him just long enough that she felt comfortable with. As she turned around, she was surprised to find someone grabbing her arm and roughly pulling her away from the bed. She tried to scream, but a gloved hand was slapped over her mouth to muffle her cries. Things were just too hectic in the Med Bay for the scene to go noticed, though it helped that the woman's attacker seemed to have a knack for stealth...

Junko didn't know entirely where she was. At some point, her attacker had held his other hand over her eyes, leaving her disoriented as he carried her (presumably) throughout the Coalition Headquarters. She tried to fight him, to squirm out of his grip or activate her abilities, but she seemed unable to do anything at all with them ever since opening that portal in the Command Center. Was it related to the mist, or something more?

The attacker dropped her to the ground and let her go, allowing Junko to see she was in some kind of large meeting room with seating all around a center circle, though about half of it was buried in junk that had dropped from the ceiling. Before her, standing in the center, were two bald men. They both seemed almost familiar to Junko.

She associated one of the men's pointed ears with elves, so she figured he was one. He smiled at her.

4MtvgM4.jpg

"So the young girl has arrived," he said evenly. "Brought to the place where she may finally end her journey."

"What the hell...?" Junko stood frozen at the top of a staircase that led down to the two men waiting for her. "What is this?"

"It seems the time has come, my friend," said the other man beside him, hovering slightly above the ground.

MbmFG9O.png

Her memory was dim, but Junko believed this one was named Zaheer. He loomed, a proud grin on his face. Moving his way to the elf, he nodded. It took a lot of work between the two men for them to reach this point.

"I knew your cause was a noble one, Solas. Thank you for trusting me. I am glad to call you my friend." Zaheer's eyes glared slightly at the third man in the room. Junko could pick up on the fact Zaheer didn't seem to trust the other man in the room. Turning to Junko, Zaheer hovered slightly higher.

"Thank you too, Junko. I'm not sure if you recall, but you freed me some time ago. Which luckily led me to Solas. Which led to what this multiverse need most of call." Turning back to Solas, a firm nod came from the Anarchist. "Change. It's time to embrace the true natural order, Disorder."

A leering grin seemed evident on the captor that had brought Junko here in response to Zaheer's statement about disorder. His features were shrouded in the shadows, and it appeared he had chosen to stay silent throughout this operation. Junko had a hard time making out many, if any distinct features about him. At least, ones that she could work with.

"Disorder is only one such cause among us."

"Oh, god..." Junko's hands raised to grab at the sides of her head. She shook it slowly, memories coming back to her. "I remember you... Zaheer... Why do I think this isn't so you can give me a thank-you present?" She let out a small nervous laugh at that.

"Your memories are mere fragments," the elf, Solas, said. "Splintered and cracked by the trauma placed upon your body by the Anchor. You do not remember me, even though we have met twice already. I had been testing you, to see if you could recall my face. You were just as lost then as you are now."

"The Anchor...? Are you...?" Junko raised her right hand to examine the scar placed upon it. Realization slowly hit her, and she felt as if she was falling. "You call this thing the Anchor... You did this to me...?" She wavered on her feet, stumbling slightly to fall against one of the seats next to the stairs. Solas looked unimpressed.

"Come closer."

The elf raised his staff, conjuring some kind of energy that pushed Junko forward, forcing her to stumble down the rest of the stairs. Zaheer stood firmly as the energy gathered around Junko. Zaheer's voice called to her, "Solas gave you a burden to bear untill he needed it back. This isn't just about you. You see, the three of us all have different wants and needs out of this Anchor. However, we all agree on a simple fact: We need to wipe the slate clean."

Junko stopped at the bottom of the stairs to stand before Solas and Zaheer. Her hands shook as she looked up to meet their twin gazes. Seeing them, staring into their eyes... she shrank away, turning to look upon her earlier attacker, only to end up stumbling once against into the stairs. "If you gave this to me then take it away!" she yelled, tears forming around her eyes. She beat at the ground with her fists as she began to sob. "Why me?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

Solas responded by pulling an item from one of his pockets, revealing it to Junko.

xM5jgox.png

"The Orb of Fen'Harel was given to you so that you would act as an incubator for its power. This was necessary. There was no specific reason why you were chosen, no method to which I made the decision. It could have been anybody, but it was you, and now you have held the Anchor long enough for us to make use of it."

Junko looked up at him, the orb bringing up memories she had long since buried. Solas had posed as a merchant, having told her the orb would allow her to travel to other worlds. That it did, but little did Junko know the terrible burden she would be given in the process. Now she had been used in some insane plot she couldn't fathom the endgame of.

"... I don't want to die," was all she could say.

"You may have luck on your side."

Junko felt that magical force push her up and off her feet. Solas dropped his staff to grab hold of Junko's wrist so that her scar was pointed toward the ceiling. With the orb in the other hand, Solas pressed it to the Anchor, causing what felt like a great amount of pressure to build up in Junko's hand. As both the orb and mark began to glow green, Junko screamed.

Solas calmly pressed the two together, holding it there long enough for Junko's screaming to become a low whimper.

"... My, my, what a bother. I suppose the saying is true after all. Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth," a calm, feminine voice would suddenly say, interrupting the exchange between Junko and the three men.

ycRVdzJ.png

With an uncharacteristically casual, almost uncaring mien to her, Leia Rolando let out a tired sigh, as though the presence of the strange men were nothing more than an inconvenience to her at the moment. Anyone who knew anything about her would know right on the spot that it wasn't like her to be like this, but in this moment, the individual that stood before the four people was confident that remaining in character wasn't necessary in this pressing time.

"I do all this planning, I keep this patient, and yet, as expected, mortals are so eager to fly close to the sun that they beat me to the punch. Of course, this simply means I'll have to try extra hard to catch up," she said, putting one hand on her hip while making a raising gesture with the other, "No doubt, Othinus will be irritated that it turned out there was an unprecedented threat to the plan, but even more if she'd find out I couldn't deal with it appropriately."

Suddenly, with an expression that turned deathly serious, the girl's eyes went completely blank and deathly serious, devoid of emotion, some sort of killing intent replacing any semblance of true feeling.

"Looks like I'll have to dispose of you," she stopped, before her lips curled into a smile and letting out a brief, girlish giggle, "... Oh, but where are my manners? I suppose a person is entitled to know who the one responsible for their undoing will be, right?"

The more and more the individual spoke, the more apparent one thing would have become for anyone present who knew anything about Leia Rolando.

That this was not Leia Rolando.

And whoever this person was, they'd reveal that very fact shortly after they'd finish speaking. Suddenly, "Leia's" body would morph and shift, as though a parasite lurked inside and wormed around. The structure of her face changed a bit, as did the color of her eyes, and her hair suddenly turned blonde and began growing exponentially until it extended down to the back of the legs, and her body would become just a tad slimmer. The changes also extended to the clothing as well, as Leia's traditional outfit was replaced by yellow and black clothing. Grabbing the hat with their hand and tossing it aside, the transformation was complete, and the individual who had been posing as Leia grinned with malicious intent behind their teeth, extending out his fingers, summoning what appeared to be energy blades from his fingertips.

e45899ae5d1a4074b3d0c8f6c71e3477.png

"My name is Thor. And while I'm sure that your plan is important to you in your own right, I cannot allow you to interfere with my own. That girl is coming with me... So I suppose this is the end of the line for you. It came sooner than expected, eh?"

Solas, who looked calm throughout this intrusion, barely paid him any attention. "You're too late."

With that, the feminine looking man lunged forward towards Solas, Zaheer, and their mysterious third associate, ready to attack. He prepared to swing his arm around with the intention of cleanly cutting through them, before--

BOOM!

An explosion rocked the entire room before anyone knew it, and even Thor was taken aback by it.

It was not entirely long after Kyoko had moved the majority of the group into looking for Junko alongside Lalonde that something happened. A shaking rumbled through the halls of the headquarters, a movement so grand that it could have been mistaken for an earthquake if the base was located on a landmass of any kind. A strange buzzing energy followed after the rumbling, seeming to vibrate through the floor and walls of the base. Anyone with hair would feel it standing on end, as if in the middle of some kind of electric field.

kiri002.png

"!"

Kyoko, an alarmed expression drawn on her face, would let out a sharp, yet brief gasp, as the halls would seem to violently shake without much logical explanation. She struggled to remain on her feet, but tried her best to refrain from touching the walls, if only out of paranoia that coming into contact with the vibrations would come as quite the physical shock that could threaten to numb her already less than unblemished hands.

Her mind raced as the situation suddenly went from calm to urgent once again, attempting to think through what the source of the vibrating could possibly be. If it could affect an area like this, then the easiest thing to think, assuming it was affecting not just this hall, but also extended to the rest of the headquarters, was...

"Could it be... coming from the Command Center?" She thought in exclamation aloud, eyes widening briefly, before proceeding to run towards the area, wasting no time in attempting to ascertain where this was coming from, all while attempting to retain her footing.

The portal left in the Command Center had grown in intensity, flashing green and shooting out a harsh wind that battered the group. Intense waves of energy beat at the debris left within the room from the fighting and sent it slamming to the walls. This energy was only growing in intensity, threatening to throw anyone in the room off their feet. Lalonde could only bark out a plea to run before the portal exploded and sent the group flying, some into the walls and some back out into the hall.

pvqh9Ua.png

"Kyoko!" Makoto screamed, grabbing her hand before both he and her were carried into the air. "Hold on!" The explosion ripped apart the ceiling and cut through the walls, sending out a tremendous force that was carried throughout the base.

Those in the Medical Bay soon felt the aftereffects of the explosion, a green wind whipping throughout the room to toss stray objects and knock over some of the beds. Though the force wasn't as powerful here, something else seemed to tug at the ceiling of the Med Bay, pulling it apart so that all inside could see the sky above. All Coalition members knew there wasn't even supposed to be a sky, for there normally was no actual space above the base. However, all could see the undeniable sight a swirling green void now occupying the space.

uSAmKNZ.png

Looking up at the new sky, Jude was in at a loss for words. His arms fell to his sides, eyes wide in wonder. "Im... possible..." Behind him, he could hear Byakuya issuing orders for the clean-up of the Med Bay. Jude slowly turned away from the green sky, watching as room exploded into outright panic over these developments. Even despite the explosion from before, even after Umbrella having taken over the building, everyone had assumed they were safe, To face a third tragedy now was almost impossible for some to bear at this point.

"Please wait... Please stop!" Jude ran toward the exit out into the hall, watching as people who were once loyal Coalition members flee from the room, injured and all. He could only assume they were heading to the gateways to make an escape, injured and all, though who knew what dangers they would face now.

Captain-Commander Kieran entered then, pushing against those streaming out of the room. "What's happened?!" he asked, looking at Jude, but the young doctor could only shake his head in disbelief. The man broke free of the crowd, moving toward Jude, but something caught his eye, "Blast... what the hell?"

Jude turned around to see what Kieran was looking at, his eyes catching a black mist draped in a green glow descending from the void above. It materialized into a form, taking on the appearance of a man Jude had only seen in Coalition documents.

"W-Wesker?!"

jx5Aruf.gif

"... P-Protect the injured!" Kieran exclaimed, holding up his axe to fight this strange threat.

Makoto groaned, blinking at a blurry vision of green dust all around him. He waved at the air, flinching at the stiffness he felt across his body. "Everyone--" Makoto had to pause as he got to his feet, feeling as if he had to exert great effort to do so. "Everyone okay?"

UZ00nlQ.png

"Ngh... Never better..." Gwen, who had followed Kyoko, Makoto, and the others, groaned painfully, clutching her arm as she'd stand up on her two feet again, having been unceremoniously been knocked into the wall and hit by some stray debris when the explosion had occurred. Still, she wasn't too badly injured, still able to use her super strength to go around and push away a few decently sized debris to clear up the pathway a bit.

As Makoto's vision cleared, the dust around him settled to reveal his comrades all around him, most only dazed by the explosion. The sole exception was Erron Black, half-buried under debris and unconscious.

Makoto found himself looking up, blinking at the bright sky above, marveling at what was honestly a beautiful display. It was such an impossibility that Makoto wondered momentarily if he had hit his head hard enough to start dreaming, but the soreness across his body told him that this had to be real.

He looked back down at the others, looking for Kyoko. The Command Center had mostly caved in on itself, the majority of the ceiling littered across the ground. Everyone had thankfully been cleared of the debris by the blast, though Makoto couldn't help but worry. "Where are you...?" His heart skipped a beat at how long it was taking her to find that familiar purple hair.

kiri033.png

"I'm right here, I'm right here..." Kyoko piped up once she caught her bearings, evidently not too banged up by the explosion, other than her hair and clothes getting a tad dirtied through all the commotion.

"... Oh!" When he saw her, he was beyond relieved to see she seemed okay. Makoto ran to her and almost threw her into a hug, but he opted instead to just hold out his hand and help her up. He knew there was no time to waste. "I-- You see it, Kyoko? The swirling mass, it's coming down to a point within the base. I don't know what's going on, but I can't do it without you..."

"Yeah, I see it. I can't make heads or tails of what's going on either, but... It certainly doesn't look great," Kyoko remarked in response, before taking yet another moment to compose herself, her mind still racing all the while mechanically, akin to a never-tiring machine solving problems. In this case, she was trying to solve one mystery after another. Specifically...

"... But where is it...?"

Where was it coming from?

She was almost ready to pace back and forth, a oddly nonchalant action for such a dire situation as now, but as luck would have it, as soon as she'd ask herself that question, the answer, or at least, a possible hypothesis, would strike her like lightning.

The center of the headquarters that connected all throughout.

"The Meeting Room!"

And just like before, she would break into a run, gesturing for others to follow behind her with an urgent "Hurry!"

With a nod, Gwen and the others around followed suit as expected. Lalonde quickly offered to take Erron to the Med Bay, leaving them. Kyoko's physical stamina was practically as tireless as her mind in this moment, wasting no time in getting over to the Meeting Room in order to see if that was indeed the source of where the portal was coming from.

However, she wasn't prepared for the sight that would wait for her when she'd turn the corner.

ZS0yWSo.png

An vast space of destruction and a sky that was not supposed to be there.

A crater that filled up the headquarters like a meteor crashing through a building.

Kyoko was speechless, skidding to a halt when she'd do so, not realizing how frantically she'd been panting. And without giving herself any time to recover, she would let out another gasp upon catching sight of yet another peculiar sight; Junko Enoshima, smack dab in the middle of the area, isolated like an island surrounded by destruction.

"E-Enoshima...?!"
"Makoto!" yelled someone, running up to the group. Makoto turned his head to find Sorey joining them, as well as Mikleo.

6LjMd59.png

"We came as soon as we can...! Whatever's going on in the sky, it's spreading malevolence!" Beside him, Mikleo nodded.

nyFmcLl.png

"It's so thick, Sorey can barely breath... I feel it pushing at me as well, almost drowning me."

Makoto looked to Kyoko for a moment, the possibilities running through his head. "... It's a portal, that's what we know Junko's power can do. A portal where? Well, there's only a few places it could be if it's pulling malevolence through."

"It must be Silent Earth, right?" Sorey asked.

"Maybe... or maybe it's a portal that connects to the Dark Place directly. That world made of despair and malevolence... This may be the escape they always wanted!" Makoto cupped his hands around his mouth so that he could yell to Junko across the crater. "Junko, you have to stop it! You have to close it now!"

t0EEqdJ.png

"I c-can't!" she screamed, sounding as if she was crying. She tugged at her right hand with her left, but it looked frozen in place, sending out waves of green energy toward the sky. "I'm so sorry! This is so messed up!"

"It's okay! We..." Makoto swallowed and looked around at his group. They had all been caught up in arguments and in-fighting up until even a few moments ago, but now a bigger threat forced that all aside. They had to work together now, or else the multiverse would change permanently for the worse. "Hold on! We'll come to you! I didn't think I'd ever say this, but...

V1MwFcF.png

"... Everyone, we must save Junko Enoshima!"

As Makoto, Sorey, and Mikleo dropped off the edge to slide down into the crater, bolts of green lightning slammed down from the void above, conjuring black mist that formed into various creatures. Two kinds were most evident... an army of small bears and an army of staggering human figures.

h0wcWDe.jpg

The bears brandished claws as they moved upon the their enemies, bearing a striking resemblance to the bear known as Monokuma.

"Oh, no... the Dark Presence..."

s8akcqg.jpg

The humanoid figures, otherwise known as Husks moved slower than the Monokumas, but were known for their durability more than anything else.

"... It takes the forms of memories and ideas... it's using our memories against us!"

But the worst was just arriving.

Overhead, the sky emitted a titanic ripping sound. An enormous black leg covered with tufts of spiny fur pushed through it. The leg ended in a vast claw made of many faces. They screamed together, their cries creating a symphony of madness. There was a tenebrous rustling sound as the leg moved through the air, a sound that would give endless nightmares. It reached, it stretched, it touched the ground and scrabbled there like skinless fingers, leaving scorch-marks that gave off thick tendrils of smoke.

It was Mother.

Not a mother, but the Mother.

Soon, an old woman's voice whispered into the heads of all to lay eyes upon the many faces. Soon I will be free and we will live forever.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe and Cheza (Wolf's Rain)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
054.png

"FUCKING REAPER PIECES OF SHITS!"

Oh, it just had to pick these damn things from Shizuo's memories. The one thing that ever pissed him off even more than that bastard Izaya Orihara, and the fucking Mother had to summon them to fight the Coalition and U.N. forces. While he had been perfectly willing to aid the others in their clash to stop the multiversal threat of the Darkness, suddenly his passiveness was replaced with an almost feral fury as his face contorted with absolute rage at the sight of the abominations that had nearly destroyed his home world.

Fuck if these things weren't real. In Shizuo's mind, they were absolute scum that needed to be eradicated, and the Mother had just made the battle far too personal for the former bartender to remain calm. As others hopped down safely first then joined the all-out brawl to reach Junko Enoshima, the berserker paused a moment to search the surrounding wreckage and debris for a weapon, for something that he could swing about like a hammer.

That long, relatively undamaged solid pipe seemed perfect for the task at hand.

"INCOMING, ASSHOLES!"

051.png

There was little other warning for any in the crater before there was suddenly another shadow flying above them, a man who had taken a running start before leaping forward. Hatred echoed in the battle cry of war that the man screamed out in rage as he came down like a cannonball, bringing his make-shift hammer up and over his head. Putting as much as his strength as he possibly could into the downward swing, Shizuo's face became a visage of absolute adrenaline as his weapon slammed into the ground, sending out a shockwave of pure kinetic energy that caused a smaller crate to fill within the massive crevice. Several of the zombie like Reapers were sent flying from the sudden explosion, giving the brute a chance to recover before continuing his rampage.

And what a rampage it would be as he hunted for the closest target, swinging his club around and clocking them clean in the head or torso to disable or kill them, before moving on to the next target without a moment's break. His goal seemed unclear at first, but soon, it began to look as though he was attempting to thin their ranks to clear a path for the others to break through.​

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Status
Not open for further replies.