• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ocnh3yUOm81v3qowuo7_100.png

"..."

Despite her limitations in speech, Elesis wasn't that simple-minded to not know that she could see if any of the "dangerous individuals" were present in the holding cells. However, she didn't say much as she looked at the group of people gathered here... it was like something was starting to bother her in some way...

Oh? What's this? Did something catch your eye, Sunshine? ... oooooooooh, I know what's caught your eye! How come you haven't acted upon this yet? Huh? Don't tell me you've gotten soft all of a sudden!
6AYlF4Y.jpg

Astaroth's wings turned upwards as he noticed a new arrival to the Holding Cells. But something about this woman seemed off. The glazed over look in her eyes, the way her stare seemed to be entirely focused on him. Not such an uncommon reaction from a human gazing at a demon. But it wasn't exactly one that he appreciated. His tail coiled upwards and swung down, causing the stinger to smash into the floor before he rose it up again.

"You got something you wanna say to me? If not then direct your stare somewhere else before I make you." The demon growled after baring his fangs at the Crimson Avenger. Erron's taunts aside, Astaroth had fought some of his own kind, gone through Hell's perilous trials and much more. He certainly wasn't afraid of some human who was clearly in dire need of manners.

Nemo had noticed the stare as well and frowned. He wasn't a fan when people stared at Astaroth. Mainly because the usual reaction was that he was a grisly monster of some kind. When he was the boy's best friend! But something about the way this woman stared at the demon put the boy on edge. Hopefully, they could solve this nice and peacefully.

"It's not very polite to stare, Miss.."

@Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Holding Cells

When Kyoko called out her name, Ilona turned around to look at the woman. The blonde was clearly frazzled and frustrated, but still took deep breaths to try and keep herself calm. It was a shame the breaths didn't help any. Her chest was tight, to the point where it ached lightly.

U2CQdQZ.jpg

"I saw a body in the library. She was... Jill Valentine. Ever since the incident I have not felt right. I caused the explosion and I fear it could happen again. All of you should prepare for it in case it happens again... yet, the lot of you don't believe me. I should be locked up."

TFUxvEC.jpg

"Perhaps I shall... Give all of you a hard time! Yes! Then everyone will have to lock me up! I'll steal pens from an office, break a vase, or vandalize the Command Center with glorious Sun drawings! I shall become... a scandalous trouble maker, worthy of being locked away for my deeds!"

"...but I would promise to replace the vase later, return the pens, and clean anything I vandalize. It would be terribly rude if I didn't..."

Bless her heart, Ilona probably couldn't be bad even if she wanted to. : |

@Raven @Atomyk @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center​
"Ilona..." Robin said in his soft tone. "It's alright. We'll do what we can to prevent it from happening again. I doubt locking you up would prevent anything. We'll find out who's responsible. What happened was an accident, it can be prevented. We're doing what we can to prevent people from getting hurt."
lUKVHs1.png

"..."

"Yeah, I'd have to ask you to not do all that," Kyoko said, perhaps expectantly not fazed by Ilona's initial attempt to come off as some sort of evil who needed to be locked up. The Ultimate Detective met a lot of crazy in her life. And Ilona was... Well, not crazy. A little eccentric? Perhaps, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

At times.

5pdOBjl.png

Still, she would furrow her brow and put on a more serious expression upon registering Ilona's testimony that... Jill Valentine died before the explosion? But then, that would mean...

"If that's true, then... That has to mean there's... a traitor from within the Coalition," Kyoko mused worriedly, glancing at Byakuya right over, "Did you know about this?"

On top of that, crossing her arms, Kyoko would continue to speak. "Listen, Ilona... Even if you did trigger the explosion, that... just means you have great, albeit unstable, power within you. The same can be said for plenty others within this very base," she said, hesitating for a small moment in the beginning, wanting to pick her words somewhat delicately for whatever reason, "That said... If the sight of a dead body was what set you off, one that was deliberately and freshly made for you to find, then someone set you up. This isn't your fault. I'll get to the bottom of this."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Minerva
Robin cleared his throat. "Miss Kirigiri, Mister Togami, may I talk to you in private for a minute? I have some... information that may assist us. It's likely proprietary. I doubt I should have it, but it may assist us."

@Atomyk

A puzzle. Of course it's a puzzle, but this puzzle would be no problem for Mason with a trick up his sleeve. With his World's Heart put away, his aura could serve another purpose. He dug deep into his soul and drew out as much aura as he could spare.

Without the aid of the World's Heart, Mason couldn't do much with his aura, but it could give him one thing: Focus. The world around him went dark. The only thing that existed was Mason and the computer in front of him, holding the puzzle. He began to think.

"We need one five-letter word. We know that it is neither TRUST nor is it FAILS. That's two down. We also know that the word can have none of the letters within the word TRUST. Any word with a T, R, U, or S is automatically knocked off. That significantly narrows down our list. Next, we know that one letter in FAILS is in the word. Any word that has two, more than two, or none of the letters in FAILS is out. Crossing those off, the list is down to..."

Within his mind, Mason rebuilds the list and crosses off the ineligible candidates. The list becomes...
NAILS BANDS
TRUST UNCLE
RIGHT SAUCE
JAPES FIGHT
FAILS ANKLE
CHEAT SHAPE
CRASH SNAKE
CAPES SIGHT
LYING SMASH

"The word is ANKLE!" Mason shouts. He goes up to the keyboard and enters the word in. He stands proud of himself, waiting for the response.
@Server Room
@Atomyk @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
ANKLE. Correct.

XfqYpvJ.png

"You did it!" Alter Ego cried happily, their face replacing the puzzle text. They looked down as if in thought for a moment, appearing as if to be reading something. The information was damaged, but it seemed that with Red Tornado's help, Alter Ego could better go through the data. "... This is certainly interesting. Alvin, may I share?"

Alvin shot a momentary glance at the others before waving it off. "Sure. You already know what is and isn't classified."

"There's data here that pertains to the Aether Facility and the last orders handed down before its destruction. A high ranking Umbrella executive by the name of Sergei Vladimir was in charge of Aether at the time... these records state that he escaped before the destruction. There's also something else... something he was investigating on."

Alter Ego's picture disappeared, replaced by what appeared to be security footage of a young girl with strawberry blonde hair.

ZdY5YY9.png

She was standing in what appeared to be a swamp, hair and clothes soaked from the dirty water around her.

m9LoLNH.png

"Junko Enoshima," Alvin said, leaning closer to the screen. "She was there during the incident... Alter Ego, I didn't think the security cameras were working at the time of my operation."

"They weren't. It seems this was before Cole MacGrath destroyed the facility. The records state that this woman, who we know to be an incarnation of Junko Enoshima, appeared within the facility. This gained the interest of Vladmir, who launched an operation to capture the girl in order to make us of her abilities. She had shifted from the facility out of Umbrella's hands, records state."

"So Umbrella has caught wind of her too, huh..." Alvin looked pensive for a moment. He looked over at the others. "Well, don't worry about all this. Nothing you guys can do. This is my department from here."

"Oh! Something else!" Alvin looked up at the monitor, where Alter Ego's face had moved to the side to show a mass amount of pixels amassing on the other side of the screen. "There's actually another artificial intelligence hidden in the data. It may take some time, but I should be able to recover them!"

"... As long as you think it's safe, Alter Ego."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Server Room
tumblr_od7bnt675g1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Oh... that's great that you cracked the code. Now we know some key info that could help with this whole situation!"

While Add came off as gleeful to know that they got something out of this, Add was only grateful that someone here proved to be useful to unlock the info here, going along with the fact that he allowed Mason to do what he did while Add knew the password almost instantly once the hint was given. Maybe he could use that display of knowledge to his advantage...

tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o5_100.png

"Go ahead, Alter Ego! Try your best on getting on recovering them!"

For now, Add gave off a cheery tone to his voice, smiling back at the AI.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Server Room​

The two boys exchanged embarrassed glances at Bekka's strength.

xlrStEZ.png

"R-Remember to be careful," Sorey said to Wonder Woman, not sure what else to day. It didn't help that Bekka was there elder and seemed keen to remind them of that.

"Edna's not here," Mikleo said, turning his attention away from Bekka. "At all. Sorey means to say she's back in our world, which is not very good for us."

"She would be able to break all these rocks down with just magic..." Sorey looked momentarily glum at this, but after a moment of silent thought, he hopped on to another subject. "... Question, have any of you spoken to the Coalition's leaders? I had a talk with one of them earlier, about the blast. Does anyone know what the source of malevolence was?"

@The Tactician @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Meeting Room
"Well if it may help then it's a risk I'm willing to take." Lois replied flashing Alter Ego a friendly smile as her fingers extended out to interface with Alter Ego's panel. "Though I'm sure you will look over me."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Server Room

"Oh you boys don't have to worry about me." Bekka replied already grabbing her third armful already. "What they gave us was some very vague answers and then quickly found out a way to get rid of us." She responded to Sorey's questioning. "They're hiding something, whatever caused the explosion it's something they want to keep away from us grunts." That last part was almost spat out as an insult. "The only malevolence they're going to have to worry about if we don't soon get some straight answers is mine."

Artyom snorted loudly when leaders of the Coalition were brought up, talk about shady, at least to Artyom. In the back of his mind, he could understand what they were trying to do, damage control, trying to keep the whole damn Coalition from freaking out.Still, years in Metro taught him that everyone had ulterior motives, even those you thought were your closest friends.

"Vague is putting it nicely, like Bekka said, they know something, that explosion wasn't random, not one bit." Artyom said, picking up a pile of rocks and carrying it off

Jude did what he could for Toboe, assessing his injuries with a doctor's eye for detail. Jude had access to spirit artes in this world, allowing him to apply magic to wounds in order to heal them. Toboe's less-than-serious wounds would be mended, though his pain would linger. Jude could only offer a sympathetic smile before moving on to the next patient.

He stopped by Doomguy, marveling for a moment at the damage to the man's face. "Are you okay?" Jude asked earnestly. How was this guy so nonchalant? "I'll need to see to you... but can you come here for a second?" Jude gestured over toward Wanda, moving Doomguy to the bed next to her so that he could see to them both at once.

cgonhuI.png

"Wanda, you're one of the strongest people I know, but everyone has a limit. You're always doing so much to help everybody..." Jude had moved to a sink nearby, wetting a cloth before he moved back to clean up Doomguy's face. "... but please, let someone help you for once."

Nearby, Makoto flinched at Miko's touch, straightening his back slightly and looking back at the girl. He was surprised to see who it was that was comforting him so, but he couldn't say he minded it. "I..." Pausing to to bite his lip, Makoto turned to look back at Jennifer. He reached a hand to his face, gently rubbing at his wet cheeks. He was a leader... leaders couldn't be seen acting so emotionally.

qKxhwdo.png

"I gave Jennifer that hope for the future... Yet she..." Makoto closed his eyes, pausing once again. He gave a resolute nod before turning around to face both Miko and Weiss. "I won't make anyone follow me or force them to acknowledge me as leader. Judge me for my actions, as flawed as they may or may not be. I'll try my very best, that I--" Makoto stopped suddenly, wincing. He didn't want to make any more promises.

"... Ruby, everyone, we'll do something about this."

With one last look toward Jennifer, Makoto turned and left the Med Bay.

@Josh M @Hospes @Sen @Takumi @york @Archwar @Med Bay

"..."

U2pWWox.png

A soft gasp escaped from Leia as Akiko took a hold of her leg. She grit her teeth in an effort not to laugh as Akiko's fingers danced upon her skin. Leia herself had been a nurse once upon a time, and she didn't recall an intimate action such as this to be a part of the job. "Why... are you..." Leia's face began to grow a steady shade of red. Another, more louder, gasp escaped her as Akiko's fingers applied just a tiny bit of pressure.

It didn't hurt, no, but Leia couldn't say she wasn't feeling uncomfortable.

"Please stop!" Leia blurted out, too late as Akiko was already becoming distracted by something else, freeing Leia of a potential nervous breakdown. She let out a relieved sigh and gestured toward Mob once again.

"Yes! You! Can you get me something hot...? For my legs? Pleeeease!"

@Verite @pubbbb @Med Bay

Alvin had led those who wished to go with him not entirely far away from the Command Center. Though a room lined with computers might have been expected, the room Alvin brought them looked more like a server room. A part of the ceiling had fallen from above, damaging parts of the expensive equipment below. There was one monitor that took up the majority of one wall, where one may have expected a keyboard underneath, but instead there was only a few simple touch pads.

Alvin cleared his throat and the monitor flashed to life, where a face stared back at the group.

P7j9LBL.gif

"Alvin!" they said. "You're okay! I was very worried."

"Say hello to a friend of ours," Alvin said. "Alter Ego's a pretty advanced AI and he's got a pretty good read of the headquarters. Go on and ask him something if you want."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Server Room

For any that wanted to clear out debris around the Meeting Room, they would find Paladin Danse barking put orders and directing the helpers around the room. There wasn't much to the process beyond moving the debris to the sides of the room, where other helpers were transporting the debris on hovering carts to some locations outside the Meeting Room.

rsGgzZn.png

"Sorey! Catch!"

The boy, Mikleo, twirled his staff in the air, summoning a burst of water that erupted from underneath a pile of metal and rock, throwing the pieces into the air. The person in question, Sorey, jumped to catch some of the debris so he could carry it over to one of the carts.

b90I7FR.jpg

"It's too bad we don't have Edna here," the boy mused as he walked back to his friend. "This would be done in no time then."

"He's supposed to be professional," Byakuya said, responding to Piper's question. "He'll have no problem with your presence, or else we may have a problem with him."

Morrigan's deep scowl softened at Zatanna's entrance. She seemed amused at the magician's entrance. "'Twas foolish to expect such a gathering to be routine, I suppose. Not when you consider the great amount of pressure placed upon the Coalition. 'Tis understandable that something so devastating would occur."

She seemed to be accusing the Coalition.

@Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center

Wanda sighed as she laid on the bed, her eyes glanced at Genji, doom guy, and Jude as she rested.

"I know, Jude, I know. "

"Then why don't you do it?"

Om cue, Wynne voice ranging in the air. Hints of disappointment and sadness were clear in her tone.

"Maker's breath! Wanda, why do you fight our warnings? Mage of your power should know what pushing herself could do. Jude, is there anything I can do?"

@Atomyk @Verite @BarrenThin @Archwar

"Ilona..." Robin said in his soft tone. "It's alright. We'll do what we can to prevent it from happening again. I doubt locking you up would prevent anything. We'll find out who's responsible. What happened was an accident, it can be prevented. We're doing what we can to prevent people from getting hurt."

Robin cleared his throat. "Miss Kirigiri, Mister Togami, may I talk to you in private for a minute? I have some... information that may assist us. It's likely proprietary. I doubt I should have it, but it may assist us."

@Atomyk
5c09d5e988334805bf12e81c99bb0118.png

"..."

Ritsuko silently looked at Robin as he would speak as gently as he did to Ilona, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly at the younger girl for some mysterious reason. Her gaze almost turned into a look of suspicion when the Secretary-General would then proceed to request to speak to the Coalition administration in private.

Hmph, so he trusted those children than her? Even if it might have been info that she already knew of, his deliberate choice to avoid her as much as possible, even going far enough as to bring along a bodyguard, was almost cute. That is, in the same sense that a child who thought they could hide from their looming parents was.

Still, cuteness had its limits. That was why, rather than traditionally being picked out by the Secretary-General himself, in an unorthodox move, she was actually elected, seen as someone who could complement the young man well. She could see what the train of thought was in a sense, and Ritsuko had almost hoped that their different methods would result in goals being reached twice as quickly, but...

"Men. Am I right?" Uhura sighed in mild irritation, though rather than at Robin specifically, she seemed to be more annoyed at the situation in general, what with the Coalition being oddly secretive about their matters, a possibly convoluted conspiracy behind the mysterious explosion, and more.

"..."

Ritsuko didn't reply.

kiri007.png

All that said, unaware of Ritsuko's judging gaze, or simply uncaring, Kyoko raised an eyebrow at Robin's words, but would go ahead and nod. Whatever this info was, she could only hope that it was something that could help them all get to the bottom of this, even if it was, as he said, info he doubted he should have.

Seemed pretty exclusive information if even the head of the UN was apprehensive about having it, but no matter.

With a silent nod, she would make her way over to a more secluded area, stopping until they were out of reach and earshot from the rest of the room.

"... What did you want to tell us then, Mister... Aquilus?"

@Atomyk @Minerva

5c09d5e988334805bf12e81c99bb0118.png

"..."

Ritsuko silently looked at Robin as he would speak as gently as he did to Ilona, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly at the younger girl for some mysterious reason. Her gaze almost turned into a look of suspicion when the Secretary-General would then proceed to request to speak to the Coalition administration in private.

Hmph, so he trusted those children than her? Even if it might have been info that she already knew of, his deliberate choice to avoid her as much as possible, even going far enough as to bring along a bodyguard, was almost cute. That is, in the same sense that a child who thought they could hide from their looming parents was.

Still, cuteness had its limits. That was why, rather than traditionally being picked out by the Secretary-General himself, in an unorthodox move, she was actually elected, seen as someone who could complement the young man well. She could see what the train of thought was in a sense, and Ritsuko had almost hoped that their different methods would result in goals being reached twice as quickly, but...

"Men. Am I right?" Uhura sighed in mild irritation, though rather than at Robin specifically, she seemed to be more annoyed at the situation in general, what with the Coalition being oddly secretive about their matters, a possibly convoluted conspiracy behind the mysterious explosion, and more.

"..."

Ritsuko didn't reply.

kiri007.png

All that said, unaware of Ritsuko's judging gaze, or simply uncaring, Kyoko raised an eyebrow at Robin's words, but would go ahead and nod. Whatever this info was, she could only hope that it was something that could help them all get to the bottom of this, even if it was, as he said, info he doubted he should have.

Seemed pretty exclusive information if even the head of the UN was apprehensive about having it, but no matter.

With a silent nod, she would make her way over to a more secluded area, stopping until they were out of reach and earshot from the rest of the room.

"... What did you want to tell us then, Mister... Aquilus?"

@Atomyk @Minerva
Ritsuko wasn't the reason Robin had brought Corrin. He also didn't completely disagree with her to some degree. They usually got along quite well, despite her intimidating nature. They didn't always see eye-to-eye, but they got work done. It was more of a fundamental disagreement of how to do things, and when. The Security Council and UNCED had Robin's back, and the General Assembly had Ritsuko's. They wer even, to the point where in the times that they did conflict, their political power blocked each other's. In short, while they didn't get along, they managed to work together, despite Robin's suspicions and power.

When alone with Kirigiri, he sighed. "One of the prisoners is apparently loose. A clown? I think is what it said. I only brought you all privately just in case it might alarm anyone else." He held up the tome. "Some UN members went to the Holding Cells, and told me." He nervously tapped his fingers against a wall. "Uh, and I wanted to let you know as well, outside of Ritsuko's hearing, that you have my full support. Anything that I can provide, information, soldiers, medicine, I will find some way to get it to you." He nodded, and then moved back towards his original spot, glancing at Ritsuko, and smiling softly at Ilona.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @COmmand Center

tcUNbOp.png

"Yes, it appears that those who appear to have a stable hold of their power... are generally unstable themselves. I always feel like the whole world's gonna end if I forget to look after my own vampire princess for some time, though... I guess I can say she's matured a little over time," Shiki said nostalgically, adjusting his glasses.

Even though he hardly knew Sakuya all that well, it was almost like... talking to an old friend. An old friend that he had yet to find out much about, but still a friend. It felt nice.

"Still, I can't say the same for a certain cat familiar. Has the mind capacity of a human, but somehow even worse than a real cat."

Catching on to the dig at her, a vein nearly popped in Len's feline forehead, the cat hissing as she'd reach out and try to scratch Shiki with her claws, to which he'd back away with a gasp.

"H-Hey, I was just joking!! Don't prove me right!"

@Kaykay

As Saber Alter would go on with her investigation, she would find that judging from the scorch marks in the halls, they traveled down the entire corridor without stop until there was nowhere else to go. On top of that, no matter where she'd look, Hisoka would be nowhere to be found. It seemed that he really was gone, though there was no telling where he even was now.

@Ringmaster
"Unfortunate that it is rare one possesses complete control over themselves, no? I will look over Miss Remilia for as long as I am able, so I am sure the world will be safe." She paused for a moment and blinked, realizing that in this place, there was not really such thing as "the" world. But she didn't feel the need to correct herself. Tohno could probably figure out what she meant anyway. After all, he was one of the few humans she could talk to normally.

As Len lashed out, the maid simply reached up to pet Len a few times in an effort to calm the familiar down.

"There there." An amused chuckle that seemed more like a breath escaped her as Shiki backed off from his own familiar. Poor guy.

"If even those vampires can mature, Len is certainly manageable, right? Good girl..."

@Verite

"We don't really have stuff to measure malevolence." Zatanna replied in a matter of fact tone. "But from what I heard it sure sounds like it was something dark and malevolent that caused the explosion. Why? Do you have any leads?"

@Atomyk @Ringmaster @Verite
"I saw a body in the library. She was... Jill Valentine. Ever since the incident I have not felt right. I caused the explosion and I fear it could happen again. All of you should prepare for it in case it happens again... yet, the lot of you don't believe me. I should be locked up."
"Its like this. Earlier, when we were called to the cells because of a Ruckus? Hisoka taunted us with the knowledge of the girl walking around with discernible energy. Power hidden from the rest of us here, evidenced by two commanding officers- To everyone's regret."

He grimaced before going on, pausing only as in the holding cells, Saber Alter called up.

"There's no one here but Jack."

Lucifer continued.

"The sequence of events led me to believe that the traitor we had suspected prior(it was the only way that Hisoka could have gotten his information) not only supplied him, but engineered his escape. He knocked out his cellmate to prevent him from seeing then went to the library which triggered the poor girl."

He took a deep breath.

"My theory is that Jill Valentine was the traitor. If I'm correct, her body should be radiating a heavy sense of malevolence. I believe Hisoka broke free with her aide and then killed her to cover his tracks as well as frighten Ilona into the situation that happened. Not only does it get rid of a loose end, but it also has us pointing fingers at each other in our search, further dividing us."

And then there were other issues....The ones spoken at the meeting. How the progenitors were being killed. But he kept quiet on that front for now, considering.

Back in the Holding Cell, Saber Alter growled and turned to leave, heading upward to the rubble areas to help clear with her strength.

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @Command Center people​

lUKVHs1.png

"..."

"Yeah, I'd have to ask you to not do all that," Kyoko said, perhaps expectantly not fazed by Ilona's initial attempt to come off as some sort of evil who needed to be locked up. The Ultimate Detective met a lot of crazy in her life. And Ilona was... Well, not crazy. A little eccentric? Perhaps, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

At times.

5pdOBjl.png

Still, she would furrow her brow and put on a more serious expression upon registering Ilona's testimony that... Jill Valentine died before the explosion? But then, that would mean...

"If that's true, then... That has to mean there's... a traitor from within the Coalition," Kyoko mused worriedly, glancing at Byakuya right over, "Did you know about this?"

On top of that, crossing her arms, Kyoko would continue to speak. "Listen, Ilona... Even if you did trigger the explosion, that... just means you have great, albeit unstable, power within you. The same can be said for plenty others within this very base," she said, hesitating for a small moment in the beginning, wanting to pick her words somewhat delicately for whatever reason, "That said... If the sight of a dead body was what set you off, one that was deliberately and freshly made for you to find, then someone set you up. This isn't your fault. I'll get to the bottom of this."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Minerva

@Atomyk
"Its like this. Earlier, when we were called to the cells because of a Ruckus? Hisoka taunted us with the knowledge of the girl walking around with discernible energy. Power hidden from the rest of us here, evidenced by two commanding officers- To everyone's regret."

He grimaced before going on, pausing only as in the holding cells, Saber Alter called up.

Lucifer continued.

"The sequence of events led me to believe that the traitor we had suspected prior(it was the only way that Hisoka could have gotten his information) not only supplied him, but engineered his escape. He knocked out his cellmate to prevent him from seeing then went to the library which triggered the poor girl."

He took a deep breath.

"My theory is that Jill Valentine was the traitor. If I'm correct, her body should be radiating a heavy sense of malevolence. I believe Hisoka broke free with her aide and then killed her to cover his tracks as well as frighten Ilona into the situation that happened. Not only does it get rid of a loose end, but it also has us pointing fingers at each other in our search, further dividing us."

And then there were other issues....The ones spoken at the meeting. How the progenitors were being killed. But he kept quiet on that front for now, considering.

Back in the Holding Cell, Saber Alter growled and turned to leave, heading upward to the rubble areas to help clear with her strength.

MLByoC0.png

"R-Right, Sorry," Ilona mumbled when Kyoko suggested the princess not do any of the things she suggested. I probably wouldn't have been able to do any bad things anyhow...

"But a set-up, accident, or whatever you consider it, I still did it... this was still because of me..." The girl sighed, not looking pleased with their responses. She was especially unhappy with the individual who had called her but a poor girl for having discovered Jill Valentine's body. "...I killed your comrades. I find it strange that it would not bother you..." Ilona turned away, dropping her head slightly. "...because it bothers me. It bothers me very much. How everyone I speak to can say this is not my fault I cannot understand."

Their lack of interest in punishing me for my crimes only makes me feel worse.

When Robin wanted to speak with Kyoko alone, Ilona would step back away from them glaring at them both. "I'll leave you to your private meeting. If you need me, I'll be where I belong."

Ilona turned away, teleporting off before they could say anything else to her. And where did she go? Well, back to the Holding Cells again, of course. There was no where else she really wanted to go, especially not the Med Bay. She knew going there and seeing the injured would only make her feel worse. So, the princess wandered into a different vacant cell and slammed the door behind her. Her slam would slightly echo in the area, but Ilona didn't care if it did. She sat down and leaned her back against the wall of the cell, closing her eyes for a moment.

People feared Mother for her powers and called her a monster, yet she never killed anyone and did not deserve such treatment. I've killed, and yet I am neither feared nor dubbed the monster I deserve to be. Which fate is crueler, I wonder?

@Atomyk @Verite @Minerva @Ringmaster @Holding Cells (again. lol.)

Reactions: Nater Taters
ANKLE. Correct.

XfqYpvJ.png

"You did it!" Alter Ego cried happily, their face replacing the puzzle text. They looked down as if in thought for a moment, appearing as if to be reading something. The information was damaged, but it seemed that with Red Tornado's help, Alter Ego could better go through the data. "... This is certainly interesting. Alvin, may I share?"

Alvin shot a momentary glance at the others before waving it off. "Sure. You already know what is and isn't classified."

"There's data here that pertains to the Aether Facility and the last orders handed down before its destruction. A high ranking Umbrella executive by the name of Sergei Vladimir was in charge of Aether at the time... these records state that he escaped before the destruction. There's also something else... something he was investigating on."

Alter Ego's picture disappeared, replaced by what appeared to be security footage of a young girl with strawberry blonde hair.

ZdY5YY9.png

She was standing in what appeared to be a swamp, hair and clothes soaked from the dirty water around her.

m9LoLNH.png

"Junko Enoshima," Alvin said, leaning closer to the screen. "She was there during the incident... Alter Ego, I didn't think the security cameras were working at the time of my operation."

"They weren't. It seems this was before Cole MacGrath destroyed the facility. The records state that this woman, who we know to be an incarnation of Junko Enoshima, appeared within the facility. This gained the interest of Vladmir, who launched an operation to capture the girl in order to make us of her abilities. She had shifted from the facility out of Umbrella's hands, records state."

"So Umbrella has caught wind of her too, huh..." Alvin looked pensive for a moment. He looked over at the others. "Well, don't worry about all this. Nothing you guys can do. This is my department from here."

"Oh! Something else!" Alvin looked up at the monitor, where Alter Ego's face had moved to the side to show a mass amount of pixels amassing on the other side of the screen. "There's actually another artificial intelligence hidden in the data. It may take some time, but I should be able to recover them!"

Mason beamed a smile at the AI. "That was quite fun, Alter Ego. We should do something like that again. If you ever have any more puzzles, let me know. Try and contact me once the other AI is up and running as well, if you'd please. It's always nice to have new friends, even virtual ones."

He turns to Alvin. "I hope you enjoyed my help... Alvin, was it? I'm not the best with names. I understand that from here, things get a bit beyond my security clearance. That's okay. Just let me know if you need anymore 'debugging.' I need to go rest for now..."

With creating a barrier during the explosion and using his Focus ability just then, Mason had used up a lot more aura than he expected to that day. Pushed to his limits, he would still have juice left, but he would rather save his energy and take a nap. He turned and left the Server Room.

@Server Room no longer​
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk

Mason leaves the room and tries to head back to his room, or at least the cafeteria for a bite to eat. He wasn't quite sure how things connected to the Server Room, so he simply traced his steps back to the Command Center, from which he could definitely navigate from.

Once he reached the Command Center, he gasped at the sight of his missing new friend. "Ilona! You're safe! I was worried about you," he cried, walking up to her, but...​
MLByoC0.png

"R-Right, Sorry," Ilona mumbled when Kyoko suggested the princess not do any of the things she suggested. I probably wouldn't have been able to do any bad things anyhow...

"But a set-up, accident, or whatever you consider it, I still did it... this was still because of me..." The girl sighed, not looking pleased with their responses. She was especially unhappy with the individual who had called her but a poor girl for having discovered Jill Valentine's body. "...I killed your comrades. I find it strange that it would not bother you..." Ilona turned away, dropping her head slightly. "...because it bothers me. It bothers me very much. How everyone I speak to can say this is not my fault I cannot understand."

When Robin wanted to speak with Kyoko alone, Ilona would step back away from them glaring at them both. "I'll leave you to your private meeting. If you need me, I'll be where I belong."

Ilona turned away, teleporting off before they could say anything else to her. And where did she go? Well, back to the Holding Cells again, of course. There was no where else she really wanted to go, especially not the Med Bay. She knew going there and seeing the injured would only make her feel worse. So, the princess wandered into a different vacant cell and slammed the door behind her. Her slam would slightly echo in the area, but Ilona didn't care if it did. She sat down and leaned her back against the wall of the cell, closing her eyes for a moment.

People feared Mother for her powers and called her a monster, yet she never killed anyone and did not deserve such treatment. I've killed, and yet I am neither feared nor dubbed the monster I deserve to be. Which fate is crueler, I wonder?

He was a moment too late, as she had just warped away as he entered. "Dang it! Where did she disappear to?!"

@Command Center
@Atomyk @Verite @Minerva @Ringmaster

tNCSQ5k.png

"The holding cells? But that's..."​

If it was this bad here, how was it down at the cells? The explosion may have benefited the... unpleasant characters that this place hosted. He sighed, he wasn't particularly fond of the place but he couldn't exactly let two girls just go on their own. "Mm~ Would you like a helping hand, Ruby-ssi?"

He glanced at the vial of potion she had just downed. "Not that I'm not happy you drank it, but I'm not entirely sure it will work." Zen offered a charming smile, "And it would be ungentlemanly to not accompany the women to such a dangerous place~"

Quietly, he texted Bradley, notifying that he would be moving.​

@york @Hospes @Atomyk @Wren @medbay
Makoto's words were met by an eye roll from Weiss, followed by her raising her hand in gesture to shut his mouth. "Oh, please, save your breath. You can make it up to us by continuing to uphold your duties here and keep an eye out for the fiend that caused all of this," she declared, attempting to be at least somewhat kind. Whether this was because of how deeply the male was affected by the pain and a sympathy due to this, or if it was for Ruby's sake, was up to the imagination. With Makoto walking away, she was forced to face the words of Zen.

"..."

fdsfsdf19_zps1db4dcba.jpg

Surprisingly enough, rather than an insult or an unamused look, Weiss actually smiled ever-so-faintly. The slightest upward twitch at the corner of her lips. So maybe the guy wasn't all bad after all. Or maybe he was and she just didn't realize it. Regardless, for the moment, she simply replied with a 'thank you'. As for his question of whether Zwei would be able to tell whether something was safe to consume or not, she hardly needed time to answer. "Animal instinct, coupled with a heightened sense of smell when compared to that of the average human's? I think it's safe to assume he would have the best guess of what is or isn't safe," she reasoned, only to trail off as Ruby began to down the alleged potion.

"...Well, you don't appear to be experiencing any side effects... yet." It was a casual observation as the heiress gave her friend a once over. Seeming satisfied, she parted her lips to speak, only to lose any trace of satisfaction when Ruby made her request. Immediately, Weiss deadpanned, fighting the urge to facepalm yet again. "I retract that statement. Clearly, you've lost your mind." As though in afterthought, she added. "...Not that you had much of one to begin with." Ouch. She really was an ice queen. But before she could explain her inclination to decline, Zen hopped aboard the train, making her shake her head slightly.

"I do hope you realize that, for all we know, the holding cells have been reduced to rubble. But I suppose it couldn't hurt to check, especially if any of the ne'erdowells undoubtedly being held there managed to be freed in the chao-" Mid-sentence, something Zen had said clicked with her, and she began looking around intently only to find that there was, in fact, no sign of Winter.

g4g4337_zps7210b5a3.png

Welp. She was going to hear it from her sister.

@Atomyk @york @Sen @Josh M @Medbay​
@Atomyk @Hospes @Sen @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Holding Cells (Sorta)
Ruby Rose

Ruby blinked a bit confused at what Zen said... But well, figuring she'd try to raise morale, she tried to act enthusiastic about the whole trip to the holding cells.

VSgZPnZ.gif

"Yeah! Holding cells!... ..." She said, thaaaat sorta petered out quickly though as she realized how bad it came out.

"Um... I mean, we better get going!" She said with a nervous laugh.

With that, she headed off to the holding cells, at a slow enough pace for the others that wanted to follow to do so.

Zwei

"Ruff!"

At least Zwei seemed pretty content with this idea too... Though he would wait for Weiss and Zen before he went on ahead to follow Ruby.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
ANKLE. Correct.

XfqYpvJ.png

ZdY5YY9.png

m9LoLNH.png

"You have been really helpful, thank you Alter Ego." When the talk about Umbrella came up Lois ended up being a bit lost. Despite having been a member of the Coalition for awhile she realized that she hadn't really investigated any information pertaining to the universes outside of her own. The interface had given her some data to look over at a later time.

"So what is this Umbrella." She asked Alvin. "Do we think they are involved with the attack?"

Artyom snorted loudly when leaders of the Coalition were brought up, talk about shady, at least to Artyom. In the back of his mind, he could understand what they were trying to do, damage control, trying to keep the whole damn Coalition from freaking out.Still, years in Metro taught him that everyone had ulterior motives, even those you thought were your closest friends.

"Vague is putting it nicely, like Bekka said, they know something, that explosion wasn't random, not one bit." Artyom said, picking up a pile of rocks and carrying it off

"When I'm done with this I'm going to march back into the command center and demand some answers." She replied.

@The Tactician @Nater Taters @Atomyk @Meeting Room

Lucifer continued.

He took a deep breath.

Zatanna would look at Lucifer with a puzzled look. "That...sounds really convoluted. Though like any good magic trick there might be some layers to this that we don't know. Maybe there's another traitor in the Coalition? This organization is so big so people could easily slip through the cracks."

@Atomyk @Verite @Ringmaster @Command Center people​

MLByoC0.png

"...You guys are really taking this girl lightly." Zatanna replied. "Maybe someone should get an eye on her so that she doesn't accidentally hurt anyone...or that some hurts her." Zatanna nabbed her wand and did some of her magic. "!anollI dnif"

"...She's in the holding cells. Do we have a security camera down there?" Zatanna asked aloud to no one in particular.

"...You guys are really taking this girl lightly." Zatanna replied. "Maybe someone should get an eye on her so that she doesn't accidentally hurt anyone...or that some hurts her." Zatanna nabbed her wand and did some of her magic. "!anollI dnif"

"...She's in the holding cells. Do we have a security camera down there?" Zatanna asked aloud to no one in particular.
Lucifer placed a finger on his comm.

"Saber?"

Saber Alter paused from her journey up out of the cells.

"Stick around, guard the place and make sure no enemies break through."

"Understood."

And so with drawn sword, Saber Alter stepped back out of sight and in a position to see anyone come through the nominal entrance.

Lucifer sighed and spoke.

"I have a guard watching the cells. Hopefully, that should help. The explosion ripped through there as well and I'm unsure if the cameras still work."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Command/Cells​

E4ap8nN.png

"No, we were not aware of a traitor at this time," Byakuya said matter-of-factly. Moments later, when Robin pulled both himself and Kyoko aside, Byakuya only sounded more bored as he stated: "Though, we were already aware of this information. Just so everyone is clear, the details of the security footage at this time can't be stated."

He reached up to adjust his glasses, giving Robin a sidelong look before he continued. "I would hope that your full cooperation has no need to be stated. Those are the terms of our alliance, after all. Your invasive looks into our conduct should at least provide us the resources we require... Robin, you may believe in your own self-importance, but I question the grasp you have of your organization. To be such a carefree person... to miss the control that your second-in-command possesses. I hope you come to your senses soon enough."

smrMo8d.png

"I believe there's security cameras all across the base, as I understand it," Shepard said in response to Zatanna. She began to leave the room. "I'll head down to the Holding Cells to keep an eye on her."

@Mason Moretti @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center

"Okay! 'll do my best!"

There was a moment of silence where eventually, Alter Ego giggled.

"... It's going to take some time. Why don't you guys head back to the Command Center?"

7Ox81LF.png

"Thank you, Mason," he said to the boy as he left. "Before the rest of you go... Let me say, Umbrella is a group that has been relatively inactive for some time now, at least when it comes to multiversal affairs. That they may have been planning something is not outside the realm of possibility... but to attribute blame to them for any of this right now seems to be jumping the gun a little. Don't worry about it."

Rt5IgW4.png

"Could you hold her down?" Jude said in a joking manner. "Or, I guess... Wynne, you know spirit artes, correct? Or... magic, I mean. Could you perhaps assist me in healing these patients?"

@BarrenThin @Josh M @Takumi @Archwar @Med Bay

"I see. Well..."

Sorey paused, looking pensive as he thought this information over. It was Mikleo who eventually broke the silence, leaving Sorey to move on and continue moving the debris.

a1eDlP6.png

"Sorey, as the Shepherd, can sense malevolence. So can I. However..." The boy crossed his arms, frowning. "There's someone here we recently met who we didn't sense anything at all from. Thing is, during the blast, we believe that she somehow generated malevolence. We're not entirely sure, but... have you guys met Ilona?"

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Lucifer placed a finger on his comm.

"Saber?"

Saber Alter paused from her journey up out of the cells.

"Stick around, guard the place and make sure no enemies break through."

"Understood."

And so with drawn sword, Saber Alter stepped back out of sight and in a position to see anyone come through the nominal entrance.

Lucifer sighed and spoke.

"I have a guard watching the cells. Hopefully, that should help. The explosion ripped through there as well and I'm unsure if the cameras still work."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Command/Cells​

Despite Saber Alters origins, Zatanna trusted her well enough to keep Illona safe from herself as well as from others. "Well we have two eyes on her at least so that should be enough."​

E4ap8nN.png

"No, we were not aware of a traitor at this time," Byakuya said matter-of-factly. Moments later, when Robin pulled both himself and Kyoko aside, Byakuya only sounded more bored as he stated: "Though, we were already aware of this information. Just so everyone is clear, the details of the security footage at this time can't be stated."

He reached up to adjust his glasses, giving Robin a sidelong look before he continued. "I would hope that your full cooperation has no need to be stated. Those are the terms of our alliance, after all. Your invasive looks into our conduct should at least provide us the resources we require... Robin, you may believe in your own self-importance, but I question the grasp you have of your organization. To be such a carefree person... to miss the control that your second-in-command possesses. I hope you come to your senses soon enough."

smrMo8d.png

"I believe there's security cameras all across the base, as I understand it," Shepard said in response to Zatanna. She began to leave the room. "I'll head down to the Holding Cells to keep an eye on her."

@Mason Moretti @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center

"Okay! 'll do my best!"

There was a moment of silence where eventually, Alter Ego giggled.

"... It's going to take some time. Why don't you guys head back to the Command Center?"

7Ox81LF.png

"Thank you, Mason," he said to the boy as he left. "Before the rest of you go... Let me say, Umbrella is a group that has been relatively inactive for some time now, at least when it comes to multiversal affairs. That they may have been planning something is not outside the realm of possibility... but to attribute blame to them for any of this right now seems to be jumping the gun a little. Don't worry about it."

Rt5IgW4.png

"Could you hold her down?" Jude said in a joking manner. "Or, I guess... Wynne, you know spirit artes, correct? Or... magic, I mean. Could you perhaps assist me in healing these patients?"

@BarrenThin @Josh M @Takumi @Archwar @Med Bay

"I see. Well..."

Sorey paused, looking pensive as he thought this information over. It was Mikleo who eventually broke the silence, leaving Sorey to move on and continue moving the debris.

a1eDlP6.png

"Sorey, as the Shepherd, can sense malevolence. So can I. However..." The boy crossed his arms, frowning. "There's someone here we recently met who we didn't sense anything at all from. Thing is, during the blast, we believe that she somehow generated malevolence. We're not entirely sure, but... have you guys met Ilona?"

"Make that four eyes." Zatanna replied as Shepard walked away. "So what are we gonna do next? Find this Hisoka guy?"

@Mason Moretti @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center

"I see...thank you for the information it was really helpful." Lois replied as she headed back towards the Command Center. Her repoter senses were tingling. There was a big story here ready to be uncovered.

Bekka50_zpsgsmkyimi.png

"Can't say that I have." In truth Bekka had mostly just associated herself with Red Tornado during her stay here and could barely point out anyone else. "If she is the culprit, why hasn't anyone done anything about?"

Despite Saber Alters origins, Zatanna trusted her well enough to keep Illona safe from herself as well as from others. "Well we have two eyes on her at least so that should be enough."​
"Make that four eyes." Zatanna replied as Shepard walked away. "So what are we gonna do next? Find this Hisoka guy?"

@Mason Moretti @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center
"As to that....We may have a lead. We know whoever killed Jill, did so in the Library. It was the catalyst for the explosion after all. Which means he or she had a method to protect themselves from the fire and afterwards, run away. Its possible we might be able to discover more on that front."

He then added quietly so only Zatanna could hear.

"That and I've something else I've been thinking on I'd to share...Alone."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Command Center​

Reactions: Raven
"As to that....We may have a lead. We know whoever killed Jill, did so in the Library. It was the catalyst for the explosion after all. Which means he or she had a method to protect themselves from the fire and afterwards, run away. Its possible we might be able to discover more on that front."

He then added quietly so only Zatanna could hear.

"That and I've something else I've been thinking on I'd to share...Alone."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Command Center​

She nodded and motioned with her head for him to follow her. Soon enough she'd lead him into one of the women's bathrooms on the facility and after a quick check to see that they were alone she'd turn back towards him. "So what's on your mind? It has to be something juicy if you didn't want to share it with anyone else."

@Ringmaster @Women'sBathroom

@Atomyk @Hospes @Sen @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Holding Cells (Sorta)
Ruby Rose

Ruby blinked a bit confused at what Zen said... But well, figuring she'd try to raise morale, she tried to act enthusiastic about the whole trip to the holding cells.

VSgZPnZ.gif

"Yeah! Holding cells!... ..." She said, thaaaat sorta petered out quickly though as she realized how bad it came out.

"Um... I mean, we better get going!" She said with a nervous laugh.

With that, she headed off to the holding cells, at a slow enough pace for the others that wanted to follow to do so.

Zwei

"Ruff!"

At least Zwei seemed pretty content with this idea too... Though he would wait for Weiss and Zen before he went on ahead to follow Ruby.​
2QoVNq3.png

Haha, seriously, this girl. Her cheerfulness was back, and it was somewhat contagious. He couldn't help but smile back at Ruby, even though she looked so awkward with her... ah, enthusiasm. It was sort of cute, even cuter considering how he was more than a head taller than her. The actor reached out to ruffle her hair, chuckling as he did so. "It's so good to see you already feeling a bit better."
He quietly trailed after the girls, keeping an eye on Zwei.

@Atomyk @Hospes @york @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wren

She nodded and motioned with her head for him to follow her. Soon enough she'd lead him into one of the women's bathrooms on the facility and after a quick check to see that they were alone she'd turn back towards him. "So what's on your mind? It has to be something juicy if you didn't want to share it with anyone else."

@Ringmaster @Women'sBathroom
Goddammit, he was too old for blushes even if this was the best place to talk quietly. At any rate, he quickly threw a glance around and then turned back to Zatanna as he reported.

"During the first recess, I was among a couple who had headed to the cells when Hisoka made his play. He proceeded to taunt us with the knowledge of Illona and was subsequently shushed by Ocelot before he could name anything. He also mentioned certain 'areas of malevolence' lurking in the heart of the Coalition. I had wondered what he meant at the time. But then it occurred to me... Back in the meeting."
Kyoko furrowed her brow, taking in the question for a small moment, before responding in kind to her.

"... While any of those scenarios described are a possibility that can't be ruled out absolutely, you must consider that it was more the Arch Demon that spread the malevolence. If there's anyone with dormant despair energy residing inside them, it's bound to reside in survivors of any Murder Games that he had orchestrated, most notably the earliest one or ones, to put forward a hypothesis. However, Malevolence is a fragile force, and if put in an environment that is otherwise stable and free of despair, we can hypothesize that it would die off quickly without a catalyst to strengthen it," Kyoko explained, to which Carissa would simply nod in acknowledgement.
"We presumed that a place such as the base would prevent any despair from taking root. That all of its members to some degree or another, wouldn't be a viable ground. But we brought our own. Hisoka. Handsome Jack. Both kept in the same cell, both of the same frame of mind. Ilona herself- You saw how she acted and yet, it was her source of malevolence that triggered the attack. Up until then, it laid dormant. So I think all the rules we considered previously in face of the evidence has to take into account what we have seen and know now. And what I know is this."

His brow furrowed as he took off his hat, placing it near the sink as he stared at his reflection in a brooding manner. His eyes scanned his own, the bright red a reminder of how easily darkness could be a part of someone, and yet not dictate their actions. Like him. Like Saber Alter.

Like Ilona.

"We have a traitor. Someone in security for sure- Hisoka when I saw him knew things about the base he couldn't otherwise as known. He was broken out by someone no one would have questioned heading down. And the Coalition had thought it fit to keep secrets from us previously, which only muddles the situation. Saber confronted the spymaster- Asked him what the source of despair she sensed was. He replied to her that whatever the prisoners said to disregard as there was no truth in it....But she never mentioned the prisoners."

He turned on the sink, washing his face briefly to clear his mind, the sharp shock of cold water helping as he toweled his face and glared back at his reflection.

"And we've seen the value of his word. All I'm saying Zatanna is....I don't know if anything I just shared is correct. Its conjuncture. Assumptions, brought on by observation and my own suspicions. But I had to share it to someone I trusted."

He smiled wryly and looked back at the magician.

"And whatever people say about me, I'm loyal to the M.E.U....But also to the idea the Coalition was founded upon. We've done a lot of good together, but it seems strange just how much of it was engineered to fracture us on this day of all days."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.