• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"..."

Rt5IgW4.png

"No one will ever have to know." Jude gingerly rubbed the back of his neck. "But, uh, I guess try and sit this one out, if you can."

Meanwhile, Bullet was shooting the two Jacks looks, as if to ask why the hell she had to explain herself. "My hands were... uh," she stammered, running a hand across her scalp. "Look, the guy was hurt, so much shit was going on. I grabbed him, tried to shove him... he fell over and I got blood on my hands. People had attacked him before I even got there. I was the last into the library." Then, to the samurai Jack, Bullet gave a shrug. "Hurt, dazed, but still standing, okay? Back a dog into a corner and its going to fuckin' pounce."

"I hear that," said Holder, nodding at this.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @ClassTrial

Zinnia let go of Jude's collar. "Good boy."

She paused before sighing. "It's because of... Jason. Ever since he attacked me I-- I can't take my mind off the situation, and when I saw him again it caused me a lot of stress." She frowned. "I've never felt like that before... and knowing Catbug died in this mess is just making me feel worse. I just... I want to go home, Jude." Zinnia was sure that, at this point, leaving was the only thing that would make her feel better.

@The Tactician @Atomyk

"I'm talking about when the fat kid died, jackass. Look, the Doc said he defended himself, then chased the guy into the library. So, using logic, he shot him first. The guy has been nuffin' but straight forward with us. You need to keep that in mind before you go on a damn witch hunt. Now he could be the killer, but just because he shot him, doesn't meant he died from that or that Doc killed him."

Wanda would then address Jack.

"No Jack. They wouldn't know. Native as in native American, the fist people of these lands. Not native towns folk. Heck, I can reason that even the native Americans in this town might not even know what this symbol is."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi
"And yet you continue to forget the time I was correct in my assumption. Now then, if you're going to continue hurling insults like an inept child of less than four years when I ask questions, perhaps someone ought to correct your behavior as a father would. I would like to hear from the doctor himself if he shot Roy before they entered the library or not, as my original question was directed at him as a suspect giving his account of the events, not at a man whose only recourse is to curse and demand I fall silent when my voice speaks different from his."

With that piece said to Shane, Jack decided to simply ignore, not wanting to listen the man spill more and more venom into the discussion. Instead, he focused on Wanda, nodding as she corrected his assumptions.

"Hmm... So who would be an expert on such things, Miss Wanda? Actually, would this library hold such knowledge perhaps?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Crow

"Actually, it was Klim last time who I accused from the start. However, Honda was the one who found the evidence that damned him, so it's unsurprising that you forgot my accusations given that one with your attention span would be prone to forgetting historical facts beyond the shallowest and most basic. Besides, I still have a question of if the doctor shot our victim before or after they entered the library, or if it was even him in the first place. While he seems to be the only suspect with a firearm at the moment, if you're actually willing to provide evidence stating otherwise, perhaps you would like to present it?"

Jack only allowed a small smile to play at his lips before returning to a stoic expression, "Now then, do you have something else to say?"

Shooting a nod of gratitude Jude's way, Jack then turned his eyes to Victoria and Bullet, thinking over what they said, "The motive is certainly there... However, you still haven't explained Tommy's own injuries and the fact he was found in a daze. Along with that, why would he paint such ridiculous symbols?"

"If you believe it will help, Miss Wanda, then please, go on."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"So, the symbols are both Tibetan and tribal, huh? Sounds like it was made by someone who doesn't know much about magic. But, Wanda, do you know what those symbols mean?"

Hearing Jack Frost question Bullet, Honda nodded. "Yeah, how did that happen, exactly? And, speaking of blood..." Honda loooked to the suspect whose name was thrown around most. "Tommy, are you able to tell us what happened after you chased Roy? How'd you get that machete?"
@Atomyk @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial
"..."

Rt5IgW4.png

"No one will ever have to know." Jude gingerly rubbed the back of his neck. "But, uh, I guess try and sit this one out, if you can."

Meanwhile, Bullet was shooting the two Jacks looks, as if to ask why the hell she had to explain herself. "My hands were... uh," she stammered, running a hand across her scalp. "Look, the guy was hurt, so much shit was going on. I grabbed him, tried to shove him... he fell over and I got blood on my hands. People had attacked him before I even got there. I was the last into the library." Then, to the samurai Jack, Bullet gave a shrug. "Hurt, dazed, but still standing, okay? Back a dog into a corner and its going to fuckin' pounce."

"I hear that," said Holder, nodding at this.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @ClassTrial
Nodding to Honda and Jack, Wanda would go on.

As I said, the two symbols mean scarifies and revival respectively. How about your question if who ever wrote knew about magic. I want say no. I mean, who ever did this could also be an amateur, but even most amateurs would know better. While the symbol's meaning relate, the application for both are too different. Plus they hinder each other. "

Wanda took a pause before continuing.

"However, I have to add that these symbols are not easy to find. I never even seen this exacta symbol of Scarifies before. I can only infer it's from native tribe due to may experiences as an expert in this field. It shares a similar look with other symbols I am aware of, hence my inferring. However used these symbols had to have some idea what these meant, or knew someone who did. Why? Because you'd have to look for them."

Jack thought for a moment, thinking on the topic before nodding.

"So we must speak to a native of the area. I believe Tommy is one, but what about the other suspects?"
"Bullet."

Honda stared at the Blackwell student gravely. "You responded in a similarly frantic way when you hid your relationship to Max. It would help us all if you tell us what you're hiding now, because I know you're not telling us everything!!"
@Atomyk @Josh M @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial
"I'm talking about when the fat kid died, jackass. Look, the Doc said he defended himself, then chased the guy into the library. So, using logic, he shot him first. The guy has been nuffin' but straight forward with us. You need to keep that in mind before you go on a damn witch hunt. Now he could be the killer, but just because he shot him, doesn't meant he died from that or that Doc killed him."

Wanda would then address Jack.

"No Jack. They wouldn't know. Native as in native American, the fist people of these lands. Not native towns folk. Heck, I can reason that even the native Americans in this town might not even know what this symbol is."

"And yet you continue to forget the time I was correct in my assumption. Now then, if you're going to continue hurling insults like an inept child of less than four years when I ask questions, perhaps someone ought to correct your behavior as a father would. I would like to hear from the doctor himself if he shot Roy before they entered the library or not, as my original question was directed at him as a suspect giving his account of the events, not at a man whose only recourse is to curse and demand I fall silent when my voice speaks different from his."

With that piece said to Shane, Jack decided to simply ignore, not wanting to listen the man spill more and more venom into the discussion. Instead, he focused on Wanda, nodding as she corrected his assumptions.

"Hmm... So who would be an expert on such things, Miss Wanda? Actually, would this library hold such knowledge perhaps?"

Jack Frost
@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Trial Thing

Jack Frost frowned a little, he was going to question Bullet further, but for the moment, he was a bit distracted by what the Samurai said, and so he cleared his throat... Deciding to address the matter.

"Well... I did find a book that said something about symbol on the floor here." He said, shrugging a little.

Hmm, though it wasn't loaded with information, he figured it would be of at least some use, other than in identifying what the symbol is tied to anyways.

"Okay, asshole, if you wanna assume I'm hiding something every single time, then fuck you."

Jude shot a glance toward the scene in alarm at the cussing, but he quickly turned back to Zinnia with a frown. "Please... don't worry about that man. He resorts to ambushing us when we're scattered or alone. Stick together and there's nothing he can do. We use your strength to protect the people around us... and then, once we persevere, we can leave this place. You'll see your daughter. These things I can promise."

Reactions: Takumi
Wanda looked at the book. Wanda took a minute, a look of distain on her face.

"First and most importantly, this book is clearly wrong. I know magic better than anyone here and this book is, to put it nicely, inaccurate." The blood on the symbol obscured it's true meaning all you. I have stated it's not satanic in nature. That being said, I'm going to foot down and says this book is a false flag. If we put any faith in that dollar store gibberish of a book, we're going to get nowhere.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi @york.

• Useful
Reactions: Takumi

All of these trials were starting to get really annoying, especially for someone like Poison. "Look can't we just talk to everyone to see what the hell they were up to at the time? What about creepy guy with glasses." Poison replied pointing to Dr West. "He seems super shady."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @The Tactician

Jack Frost
@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Trial Thing

Jack Frost frowned a little, he was going to question Bullet further, but for the moment, he was a bit distracted by what the Samurai said, and so he cleared his throat... Deciding to address the matter.

"Well... I did find a book that said something about symbol on the floor here." He said, shrugging a little.

Hmm, though it wasn't loaded with information, he figured it would be of at least some use, other than in identifying what the symbol is tied to anyways.

"Okay, asshole, if you wanna assume I'm hiding something every single time, then fuck you."

Jude shot a glance toward the scene in alarm at the cussing, but he quickly turned back to Zinnia with a frown. "Please... don't worry about that man. He resorts to ambushing us when we're scattered or alone. Stick together and there's nothing he can do. We use your strength to protect the people around us... and then, once we persevere, we can leave this place. You'll see your daughter. These things I can promise."

"First and most importantly, this book is clearly wrong. I know magic better than anyone here and this book is, to put it nicely, inaccurate." The blood on the symbol obscured it's true meaning all you. I have stated it's not satanic in nature. That being said, I'm going to foot down and says this book is a false flag. If we put any faith in that dollar store gibberish of a book, we're going to get nowhere.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi @york.
"Well then, Bullet, if you really aren't hiding everything, tell us everything you saw from when you ran into the library from when the body was found."
@Atomyk @Josh M @The Tactician @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial

"This isn't normal information, Jack. I don't think any library would hold something like this. As for an expert in the area? I'm it, it seems. Magic is my specialty. Besides me. If I had to guess, these symbols are about bring the dead back to life. So maybe someone with a vested interest in that?"

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @york @Jeremi

"This isn't normal information, Jack. I don't think any library would hold something like this. As for an expert in the area? I'm it, it seems. Magic is my specialty. Besides me. If I had to guess, these symbols are about bring the dead back to life. So maybe someone with a vested interest in that?"

"If they're meant for bringing people back... Herbert's innocent yet framed a lousy manner."

Jack seemed completely set upon his deduction though his reasoning was not yet given. After a moment to allow the others to catch on to what he had just said, he then began to explain, "Doctor West is a man of science, one with a potential means of bringing the dead back to life without magic. He would not waste his time with shamanism and mysticism." Best to leave unsaid that the samurai had seen the fruits of West's labors and fought against them when they went wild and attacked both them and Jason.

"If they're meant for bringing people back... Herbert's innocent yet framed a lousy manner."

Jack seemed completely set upon his deduction though his reasoning was not yet given. After a moment to allow the others to catch on to what he had just said, he then began to explain, "Doctor West is a man of science, one with a potential means of bringing the dead back to life without magic. He would not waste his time with shamanism and mysticism." Best to leave unsaid that the samurai had seen the fruits of West's labors and fought against them when they went wild and attacked both them and Jason.

"West, eh? It seems like whoever did this wants us to vote for Herbert or Tommy, judging by the way this is all set up!"
@Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Stiles looked at him and paused still listening to the trial. " So does Bullet, all three of them seem to be set up to take the fall between the blood on their hands and the symbols," he said.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee
"Good point! That would mean, paradoxically...Daniel Cain and Doc Hayward-no. That gunshot to the shoulder makes Hayward look suspect. So! Mr. Cain! I'd like to hear what you were doing at the time of the murder!!"
@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi

"West, eh? It seems like whoever did this wants us to vote for Herbert or Tommy, judging by the way this is all set up!"
"Agreed, Edmond. I think we need to look away from these two, however we can't be sure. What we need to do is establish reasons why other would have killed them. "

"I shot at the man to protect myself and chased him away into the library. Everything points to me telling the truth, so why I wrote some Asinine symbols on him?!"

"I wouldn't call them asinine, but that is a fair point."

"I would call them asinine and call that a fair point."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee

grVb3JF.jpg

Zinnia pulled her knees up close to herself and rested her chin on them. The loud noises of swearing and bickering from Bullet and the others seemed not to reach her at all. Zinnia appeared rather down. She touched the floor with one hand and drew circles with her finger.

"Are you sure that man shouldn't be worried about? He vanished again. We didn't stop him, capture him, or kill him. He could still be out there. What if we see him again? What if he kills someone else? I feel like there's hardly anything I can do to stop him when he shows up... I'm helpless. All I had last time was a stupid glass shard in my hand. I don't have my dragons to help me... I can't call upon my Dragon Lord either..."

She sighed. "Even if we stick together, I still don't know what's going to happen. Jason will be back. He'll be after me and I can't stop him. I can't even stop picturing him and those stone cold eyes." Zinnia clutched the sides of her head, eyes dilating from stress. She started to breathe a bit faster as well.

Calm down. Calm down. This isn't you, Zinnia.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Trial​

Lapis was dead silent as she listened more to what Herbert had to say. If it wasn't for the fact that she was shaken up by this death, she would've gone and punched him square in the face. She didn't do that, however, as she couldn't get the initiative to do that in the first place.

Cradling the dead Catbug in her arms, Lapis remained in silence as she watched Herbert walk off, following with the announcement to meet at the morgue for another class trial... and the broken remains of Sir Jeffers was tossed her way. Her blue eyes fighting the urge of letting out tears again, she stuffed the broken stick into her pockets as she entered the morgue.

Unlike her past attempts to contribute to the trial, Lapis felt no motivation to do so. If anything, she felt no need to try and figure out the culprit here, they got rid of the person responsible for Catbug's death. So really... what can she do?

As much as she thought of moving on from this, Lapis couldn't... Catbug was too young to pass on. Alike to the case of herself, where she would've been dead far too early in her life, then a miracle had granted her many second chances. If only it were that easy to give such miracles, but Lapis knew that those types of miracles wouldn't be happening any time soon.

At this time, she thought back to Herbert's offer. Due to his attitude, the bounty hunter didn't really hold him in high regards in anything, and she would deny the offer just to spite him and his work. However, she was also aware that she would be effectively denying the only possible way of giving Catbug a second chance at life... granted that the process doesn't go horribly wrong.

Ignoring the fact that they were in this trial in progress (which Lapis did not care due to her disliking of Monokuma at this point), Lapis appeared to be done with her mourning, walking over to where Herbert had taken his place by a podium.

"Alright, I... considered that offer you brought up... and even with this trial going on... you can try using that Reagent stuff on Catbug... "
Clearly Lapis was serious about this.

"And if this screws up... you better keep yourself a good distance away from me."

200_s.gif

Truth be told, Herbert saw this entire trial to be a waste of his time. He cared very little for how a copycat of that hockey mask wearing brute had perished. He couldn't even use Roy's corpse in his experiments given that the little bear had gone and absconded with it. But as Lapis approached him and held out Catbug's body, Herbert gently took it from her and laid it atop his podium.

"It's as I said before. Whether this creatures survives or continues to decay within your hands matters very little to me. But I'm no idiot, I see the chance for a beneficial success and I take it. This creature is something I've never laid my eyes on before. It has the body of a feline and the wings reminiscent of a ladybug. Imagine all the things we could learn from this."

Herbert held up a hand and motioned for Lapis to take a step back from him however.

"You're free to do whatever you please. Though if all your simple mind can think of is to immediately resort to violence...Well then, I don't think it's me you should be concerned with." Herbert murmured as he reached into his pocket and drew out a syringe filled with Reagent.

tumblr_ndmca8WK6j1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Opening up Catbug's wings, Herbert injected the needle into Catbug's back. Pressing his finger down onto the plunger, the liquid seeped into Catbug's corpse. Pulling it out once the syringe was emptied, Herbert rolled up his sleeve to look at his watch while jotting down some notes.

"40% increase in Reagent due to unknown biology. Unsure of what complications this might have on the creature's cadaver. Waiting to see for any signs of life.."

Continually looking back and forth between his watch and Catbug, Herbert frowned. What was going on here? He had re-animated cats before and it hadn't nearly taken this long. Of course bugs were far too small and pointless for him to re-animate. But if he had done so? Perhaps he'd be able to get a better reading if he had done so. Re-loading his syringe with another doseage of Reagent, Herbert injected it into Catbug's back.

"50% increase in Reagent. Hopefully, we start to see some signs that life has returned.."

Moments that would have felt like a eternity passed between Herbert and Lapis until he saw Catbug's wings began to flutter. Soon his legs began to twitch and he slowly sat up as he stared blankly at Lapis.

UBffnYg.png

Reaching out to pet Catbug atop the head, Herbert flashed it a smile. He couldn't have cared one bit that everyone might have been rejoicing at Catbug's return. Herbert was absolutely delighted that his Reagent had worked on a creature that seemed absolutely out of this world! "Welcome back to life, creature.." The scientist said softly but he blinked as Catbug hissed at him. The creature's eyes narrowed as he extended his claws and turned and scratched Herbert across the face. Stinging but not surprising. Animals weren't big fans of Herbert in the first place.

"MREOW!"

Fluttering his wings, Catbug flew off from the podium and away from Lapis and Herbert. Wiping at the blood dripping down from his face, Herbert scowled. "Well, there's your pet. Hope you're thrilled."

@Gummi Bunnies
Hearing Jack Frost question Bullet, Honda nodded. "Yeah, how did that happen, exactly? And, speaking of blood..." Honda loooked to the suspect whose name was thrown around most. "Tommy, are you able to tell us what happened after you chased Roy? How'd you get that machete?"
rsatWV3.jpg

This whole trial was a goddamn catastrophe! Tommy hadn't killed anybody or even managed to hurt anybody! Yet here he was being held to stand for something he hadn't even bloodied his own hands with. After hearing that Jason had returned once again, this only seemed to go from worse to terrible and there was no end in sight. Not unless it ended with Tommy meeting a similar fate as the Principal of Blackwell.

"I-I told you what I was doing here! I followed you guys here to try and find Jason! I ended up outside the autopsy room and ran into Jason. He beat me to a bloody pulp and the last thing I remember is him standing over me. Raising his machete to cut me down but I think he heard something inside that took his attention away . He tossed me aside and I passed out. Next thing I know I wake up with a machete in my hand and I stumble in here! I didn't even know Roy was here! I was just trying to find Jason.."

Herbert frowned as he pushed up his glasses and bandaged up his cuts. "Why don't you cease with the hysterics, boy? There was no way you could have stopped that beast by yourself. It took an entire group to force it to flee. Much to my chagrin." Herbert hadn't even gotten to take a look at Roy's corpse. Tommy however was enraged at how Herbert spoke of Jason. Storming away from his podium and over to Herbert's own one, he grabbed the scientist by his collar.

"You sick fucker! You talk about Jason as if he's something you should just carve up and research! He's a goddamn monster that deserves to be six feet under! Not laying on your goddamn table!" Unfazed by Tommy's fury, Herbert wiped off the spittle from his glasses. "Yes, I would have liked to capture this Jason you speak of. It would have been quite interesting to see what makes him tick. Is that such a problem with you?"

"He killed my family! You fucker!" Tommy roared as he socked Herbert in the face. Knocking his glasses to the floor and Herbert stumbled back clutching at his nose. "I killed him once, I'll do it again before you can experiment on him like some kind of pet project! I bet you killed Roy too so you could get your sick kicks!"

"S-So, it's savagery you resort to, hm? How do we know that you didn't murder him in a fit of rage? The masks are similar enough. Perhaps it triggered something inside you?"

"I didn't kill anybody! If I killed anybody it' d be Jason! Not the guy who tried impersonating him! I didn't even see him!" Tommy exclaimed as he lunged for Herbert only to be held back by Dan. "Let me go! This guy wants to dolly Jason up and cut him open like some kind of science fair project! He's a mass murderer who's ruined thousands of lives!"

"This isn't the way to help anyone! Or prove your own case! Calm down! Maybe Herbert's right and you DID let that anger get to you!"
tumblr_o7i51gBk3Y1vv9yg2o1_500.gif

"You're quite right, I have no interest in the macabre or anything of this mystic nonsense. I'm a believer in hard science and magic is a bloody waste of my time. If I wanted to waste my time casting spells and incantations, I'd damn well do so. No need for a science degree of anything in that case. Though who knows? Perhaps the violent young man who punched me knows a thing or two.." Herbert growled as Tommy struggled against Dan's hold on him. "You hide behind your fancy words but you're just as bad as Jason! You don't want to destroy him!"

Tommy eventually ripped himself free from Dan's grasp but he didn't take another step towards Herbert.

"I...I fought Roy months ago. Before I was considered well enough to go back to school. He went on a killing spree after another person at the mental institution killed his son. He attacked me and I thought I killed him then. But I was too shaken up to ever really check and see. I don't know anything about black magic or whatever though."
"Good point! That would mean, paradoxically...Daniel Cain and Doc Hayward-no. That gunshot to the shoulder makes Hayward look suspect. So! Mr. Cain! I'd like to hear what you were doing at the time of the murder!!"
aiC2ywk.jpg

Watching as Tommy stormed off from him, Dan looked over as Honda called out to him. He didn't think he was behind this did he??! Dan hadn't expected to run into two serial killers today. One of an undead nature and another one who had ended up dead.

"I was trying to contact the police to try and go after that Jason guy. I ended up bumping into Roy in the hall and chased after him. Was too injured to catch him thanks to the beatdown I got from that undead bastard earlier."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @york

200_s.gif

Truth be told, Herbert saw this entire trial to be a waste of his time. He cared very little for how a copycat of that hockey mask wearing brute had perished. He couldn't even use Roy's corpse in his experiments given that the little bear had gone and absconded with it. But as Lapis approached him and held out Catbug's body, Herbert gently took it from her and laid it atop his podium.

"It's as I said before. Whether this creatures survives or continues to decay within your hands matters very little to me. But I'm no idiot, I see the chance for a beneficial success and I take it. This creature is something I've never laid my eyes on before. It has the body of a feline and the wings reminiscent of a ladybug. Imagine all the things we could learn from this."

Herbert held up a hand and motioned for Lapis to take a step back from him however.

"You're free to do whatever you please. Though if all your simple mind can think of is to immediately resort to violence...Well then, I don't think it's me you should be concerned with." Herbert murmured as he reached into his pocket and drew out a syringe filled with Reagent.

Opening up Catbug's wings, Herbert injected the needle into Catbug's back. Pressing his finger down onto the plunger, the liquid seeped into Catbug's corpse. Pulling it out once the syringe was emptied, Herbert rolled up his sleeve to look at his watch while jotting down some notes.

"40% increase in Reagent due to unknown biology. Unsure of what complications this might have on the creature's cadaver. Waiting to see for any signs of life.."

Continually looking back and forth between his watch and Catbug, Herbert frowned. What was going on here? He had re-animated cats before and it hadn't nearly taken this long. Of course bugs were far too small and pointless for him to re-animate. But if he had done so? Perhaps he'd be able to get a better reading if he had done so. Re-loading his syringe with another doseage of Reagent, Herbert injected it into Catbug's back.

"50% increase in Reagent. Hopefully, we start to see some signs that life has returned.."

Moments that would have felt like a eternity passed between Herbert and Lapis until he saw Catbug's wings began to flutter. Soon his legs began to twitch and he slowly sat up as he stared blankly at Lapis.

UBffnYg.png

Reaching out to pet Catbug atop the head, Herbert flashed it a smile. He couldn't have cared one bit that everyone might have been rejoicing at Catbug's return. Herbert was absolutely delighted that his Reagent had worked on a creature that seemed absolutely out of this world! "Welcome back to life, creature.." The scientist said softly but he blinked as Catbug hissed at him. The creature's eyes narrowed as he extended his claws and turned and scratched Herbert across the face. Stinging but not surprising. Animals weren't big fans of Herbert in the first place.

"MREOW!"

Fluttering his wings, Catbug flew off from the podium and away from Lapis and Herbert. Wiping at the blood dripping down from his face, Herbert scowled. "Well, there's your pet. Hope you're thrilled."

@Gummi Bunnies

rsatWV3.jpg

This whole trial was a goddamn catastrophe! Tommy hadn't killed anybody or even managed to hurt anybody! Yet here he was being held to stand for something he hadn't even bloodied his own hands with. After hearing that Jason had returned once again, this only seemed to go from worse to terrible and there was no end in sight. Not unless it ended with Tommy meeting a similar fate as the Principal of Blackwell.

"I-I told you what I was doing here! I followed you guys here to try and find Jason! I ended up outside the autopsy room and ran into Jason. He beat me to a bloody pulp and the last thing I remember is him standing over me. Raising his machete to cut me down but I think he heard something inside that took his attention away . He tossed me aside and I passed out. Next thing I know I wake up with a machete in my hand and I stumble in here! I didn't even know Roy was here! I was just trying to find Jason.."

Herbert frowned as he pushed up his glasses and bandaged up his cuts. "Why don't you cease with the hysterics, boy? There was no way you could have stopped that beast by yourself. It took an entire group to force it to flee. Much to my chagrin." Herbert hadn't even gotten to take a look at Roy's corpse. Tommy however was enraged at how Herbert spoke of Jason. Storming away from his podium and over to Herbert's own one, he grabbed the scientist by his collar.

"You sick fucker! You talk about Jason as if he's something you should just carve up and research! He's a goddamn monster that deserves to be six feet under! Not laying on your goddamn table!" Unfazed by Tommy's fury, Herbert wiped off the spittle from his glasses. "Yes, I would have liked to capture this Jason you speak of. It would have been quite interesting to see what makes him tick. Is that such a problem with you?"

"He killed my family! You fucker!" Tommy roared as he socked Herbert in the face. Knocking his glasses to the floor and Herbert stumbled back clutching at his nose. "I killed him once, I'll do it again before you can experiment on him like some kind of pet project! I bet you killed Roy too so you could get your sick kicks!"

"S-So, it's savagery you resort to, hm? How do we know that you didn't murder him in a fit of rage? The masks are similar enough. Perhaps it triggered something inside you?"

"I didn't kill anybody! If I killed anybody it' d be Jason! Not the guy who tried impersonating him! I didn't even see him!" Tommy exclaimed as he lunged for Herbert only to be held back by Dan. "Let me go! This guy wants to dolly Jason up and cut him open like some kind of science fair project! He's a mass murderer who's ruined thousands of lives!"

"This isn't the way to help anyone! Or prove your own case! Calm down! Maybe Herbert's right and you DID let that anger get to you!"

"You're quite right, I have no interest in the macabre or anything of this mystic nonsense. I'm a believer in hard science and magic is a bloody waste of my time. If I wanted to waste my time casting spells and incantations, I'd damn well do so. No need for a science degree of anything in that case. Though who knows? Perhaps the violent young man who punched me knows a thing or two.." Herbert growled as Tommy struggled against Dan's hold on him. "You hide behind your fancy words but you're just as bad as Jason! You don't want to destroy him!"

Tommy eventually ripped himself free from Dan's grasp but he didn't take another step towards Herbert.

"I...I fought Roy months ago. Before I was considered well enough to go back to school. He went on a killing spree after another person at the mental institution killed his son. He attacked me and I thought I killed him then. But I was too shaken up to ever really check and see. I don't know anything about black magic or whatever though."

aiC2ywk.jpg

Watching as Tommy stormed off from him, Dan looked over as Honda called out to him. He didn't think he was behind this did he??! Dan hadn't expected to run into two serial killers today. One of an undead nature and another one who had ended up dead.

"I was trying to contact the police to try and go after that Jason guy. I ended up bumping into Roy in the hall and chased after him. Was too injured to catch him thanks to the beatdown I got from that undead bastard earlier."

"Aha! Just like I thought! Somebody planted that machete on Tommy!!! Does anyone know the order in whivh people entered the library??"
@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi @york
"Well then, Bullet, if you really aren't hiding everything, tell us everything you saw from when you ran into the library from when the body was found."
@Atomyk @Josh M @The Tactician @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial

Stiles looked at him and paused still listening to the trial. " So does Bullet, all three of them seem to be set up to take the fall between the blood on their hands and the symbols," he said.

@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi
"Agreed, Edmond. I think we need to look away from these two, however we can't be sure. What we need to do is establish reasons why other would have killed them. "

"I shot at the man to protect myself and chased him away into the library. Everything points to me telling the truth, so why I wrote some Asinine symbols on him?!"

"I wouldn't call them asinine, but that is a fair point."

"I would call them asinine and call that a fair point."

200_s.gif

UBffnYg.png

"MREOW!"

@Gummi Bunnies

rsatWV3.jpg

aiC2ywk.jpg

"Aha! Just like I thought! Somebody planted that machete on Tommy!!! Does anyone know the order in whivh people entered the library??"
@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9
Jack Frost
@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi

Jack Frost frowned... Hmm... So Tommy was framed? It seemed very likely that Tommy had recieved his injuries from Jason,and had been unconscious throughout the murder, hmm... Wait a second! He suddenly had a thought, from what Tommy said, if it was true... He had to have been in the autopsy room when he lost consciousness.

"Wait! If Tommy was unconscious in the autopsy room, then the killer could have been in the room with him when he fought Jason!" He said.

Hmm... If that was the case, then they must have used Jason's machete... Hmm... There was really only one way to be sure.

"Can I... Have a look at that machete?" Jack asked Tommy.

He didn't have a photographic memory, but if the machete was anything like the one Jason held, then he might be able to tell from looking it over... Though even if it was, it wasn't a very big lead, but anything was usefull here, especially if he were to try and confirm the possibility of the killer having been in the autopsy room before Roy had been killed.​

200_s.gif

UBffnYg.png

"MREOW!"

@Gummi Bunnies

rsatWV3.jpg

aiC2ywk.jpg

g01PBBR.png

Although most of the actions and words said or done by the others didn't have an effect on Zinnia, seeing Catbug return from the dead was enough to perk her up for a moment. Her eyes widened as she watched the little creature fly off the podium, and Zinnia was overcome with a sense of relief. The regent may not have worked well on dead humans, but at least it had worked well enough to revive one of their companions. It was a great thing to see, even if he wasn't one of her closest friends. She had risked her life to save Catbug from Jason the first time, and also had enjoyed playing with the little guy when they went swimming in the pool together. She did care about his well-being.

If Catbug being revived would've been the only thing to happen in the room, perhaps Zinnia would've finally relaxed. For a moment, the tension in her shoulders loosened and her breathing finally slowed down. Because of this, she was actually able to focus enough to return her attention to the trial and see what was going on. Paying attention to the trial, however, turned out not to be a good decision for her. As Jude said, she probably should've rested and say this one out.

Hearing Tommy's cries about Jason beating him up, killing his family, and being a horrendous monster, were too much for Zinnia to bear in her stressed out anxious state which seemed to be triggered by the undead man.

"He's a goddamn monster that deserves to be six feet under! Not laying on your goddamn table!"

Zinnia covered her ears, feeling her heart start to race again. "S-Stop, just shut up."

"He killed my family! You fucker!"

Zinnia pressed her hands tighter against her head. "No, no, no, no! Just stop it, I don't need to hear about this..."

"Let me go! This guy wants to dolly Jason up and cut him open like some kind of science fair project! He's a mass murderer who's ruined thousands of lives!"

"SHUT UUUUUP!" Zinnia howled, a scream erupting from her lips a second later. It was loud and piercing, enough to catch the attention of those around her.

Despite her lack of energy, after screaming, Zinnia hopped to her feet and dashed as far away from the podiums as she could get. But, like all of the other trials they had been in, Zinnia found herself unable to leave the area. She would run as fast as she could, and yet at some point her body always froze up and walked back against her will. Regardless, she continued to try for a few moments until she was entirely out of breath--acting like a panicked cat who wanted to escape being rained on.

Once she had given up, Zinnia marched up to one of the podiums and began to punch it, beating it up until her knuckles began to turn red. Afterwards, she dropped to her knees and vomited in front of herself. Embarrassed after having acted this way, and having vomited, she shrunk down and tried to hide herself behind the podium.

I-I just want... to get out of here...

@Chewy Rabbits @Atomyk @The Tactician @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @york @Jeremi @Everyone

Jack Frost
@Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits @Josh M @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi

Jack Frost frowned... Hmm... So Tommy was framed? It seemed very likely that Tommy had recieved his injuries from Jason,and had been unconscious throughout the murder, hmm... Wait a second! He suddenly had a thought, from what Tommy said, if it was true... He had to have been in the autopsy room when he lost consciousness.

"Wait! If Tommy was unconscious in the autopsy room, then the killer could have been in the room with him when he fought Jason!" He said.

Hmm... If that was the case, then they must have used Jason's machete... Hmm... There was really only one way to be sure.

"Can I... Have a look at that machete?" Jack asked Tommy.

He didn't have a photographic memory, but if the machete was anything like the one Jason held, then he might be able to tell from looking it over... Though even if it was, it wasn't a very big lead, but anything was usefull here, especially if he were to try and confirm the possibility of the killer having been in the autopsy room before Roy had been killed.​

"Speaking of machetes! There were two of them, right? If what Jack Frost is getting at what I think he's getting at...perhaps Roy had gotten attacks from two different weapons!!"
@Atomyk @york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9

200_s.gif

UBffnYg.png

"MREOW!"

@Gummi Bunnies

rsatWV3.jpg

aiC2ywk.jpg

Oh damn... He must've gotten hit hard if he was only waking up just now. Sledge stumbled back up to his feet covering his face with his hand. It was a wonder that nothing was broken despite the beating he took against Jason. He shook his head and saw that a trial was currently going on... but he caught eye of that weird cat thing near that one guy. Shaking his head he looked at Catbug before speaking... "Oi.... Ya talk right...? Can you tell me what the hell is going on...?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.