• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Only if you may present a valid argument that accounts for the victim's gunshot wound and the fact that Tommy seemed to be quite roughed up in the aftermath, almost as if he was framed."

The samurai coolly replied to Victoria before looking over the evidence once again. Out of sight of the others, he gave Zinnia's hand a squeeze before releasing his hold, "As for Tommy... Like I just mentioned, he seems to have been framed. While he was found with the machete, he seemed to have been beaten heavily and in no condition to fight the imposter, let alone kill him. He also was not found with a loaded gun..."

"Unlike Doctor Hayward," Jack's eyes darted to the man, eyeing him with suspicion, "Mister Hayward, did you fire your weapon at all? If so, when and how many times?"

@C.T. @Yang Lee @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @DapperDogman @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @york @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @ShiroKiyoshi @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Periodically Incorrect @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"I am a suspect?! Ridicules! This whole "Kangaroo court" is absurd! I would never kill a man, especially a clearly mentally ill young man! I took an oath to "do no harm"! I would never murder in cold blood!

As Hayward ranted, Wanda, again, was lost in thought. Turning to Monokuma, Wanda smiled. It was odd. It's like something "clicked" in her head.

2831839-avengers__65___page_18c.jpg

"It's going to be over soon, Monokuma. I know you know that. You just to bid our time. I guess trying to gain your bearings back, hmm?

A slight giggle came from the witch's lips. All in all, Wanda seemed different,Wanda held herself, like she was "ahead of the curve".

"Now, about this kill. I'm not sure what to think. Any ideas?"

@Atomyk @C.T. @Yang Lee @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @DapperDogman @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @york @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @ShiroKiyoshi @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Periodically Incorrect @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"And yet you carried a firearm, did you not? If you seek to cause no harm, then why do you carry such a weapon? Even if only in self-defense, it displays some belief in the necessity of harming another to defend yourself."

As Wanda giggled, Jack shook his head as he waited for Hayward to respond, "Not quite yet. Tommy though seems to have been framed as he seems to be too beaten to both fire a weapon and then to chop another in the head with a machete."
"Yeah...plus, didn't you shoot Roy anyway? I mean, using the weapon, even for self defense like Jack said, seems to be against the 'do no harm' oath!"
@Josh M @The Tactician

"Do no harm" and protecting yourself are two different things! Killing, taking a man's life is different than trying to save your own. Everyone has a gun on them in this town. It's normal in a small town like this. I don't believing in killing, but I do believe in protecting myself!"

Shane, who was mostly quit, shook his head in agreement.

"Doc's gotta point. "Standing your ground" and "Murdering." a man are two different things, see? Shit, when I was a cop, we'd get calls like that all the time. You city folk may not get that concept. Plus, this was murder, not manslaughter. I want believe the Doc here. Ha has no motive or anything."

@Josh M @The Tactician @Atomyk

The very little amount of sleep Zinnia had gotten before the start of the trial felt as if it had done nothing for her. The only reason she had even been able to rest at all was due to Jack's comfort, but her sleep didn't turn out to be very helpful at all. When she closed her baggy eyes, all she could see was Jason. She pictured her own red eyes reflecting in his machete, his slow, menacing steps toward her, and that old battered mask covering his rotting face.

Disheartened by her own thoughts, Zinnia took a seat on the floor after Jack released his hold on her hand. She looked pale, nervous, and sweaty. Zinnia raised her hand and wiped a bit of sweat off on the back of it, her eyes heavy and void of their usual sparkle. She took a couple deep breaths in to give herself some extra air.

E1dFZp2.jpg

Ugh, what's wrong with me? I can't focus on anything and I feel so jittery. The trial is going on now and yet I don't think I've heard a single word anyone has said. Their voices just seem muffled to me like my ears are clogged. And on top of that, my heartbeat sounds so loud it's giving me a headache.

Zinnia scooted backwards from where she sat on the floor, leaning her back against one of the podiums. She continued to take deep breaths. I'll have to let the others handle the trial for now. It feels like I'm having... anxiety or a panic attack maybe? But I never experience such things! Why? I don't understand...

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite @Other Trial Peeps @Anybody​

"Do no harm" and protecting yourself are two different things! Killing, taking a man's life is different than trying to save your own. Everyone has a gun on them in this town. It's normal in a small town like this. I don't believing in killing, but I do believe in protecting myself!"

"Doc's gotta point. "Standing your ground" and "Murdering." a man are two different things, see? Shit, when I was a cop, we'd get calls like that all the time. You city folk may not get that concept. Plus, this was murder, not manslaughter. I want believe the Doc here. Ha has no motive or anything."

"And in the eyes of this court, that distinction does not exist. To kill in self-defense is to still kill in the eyes of the bear. Besides, numerous witnesses can place the victim as having attacked them and various others on the campus in the lead-up to his death. To defend his students, Hayward shot R-
"Yeah...plus, didn't you shoot Roy anyway? I mean, using the weapon, even for self defense like Jack said, seems to be against the 'do no harm' oath!"
@Josh M @The Tactician
Jack tilted his head to the side, "Was this before or after Roy escaped into the library?"
The very little amount of sleep Zinnia had gotten before the start of the trial felt as if it had done nothing for her. The only reason she had even been able to rest at all was due to Jack's comfort, but her sleep didn't turn out to be very helpful at all. When she closed her baggy eyes, all she could see was Jason. She pictured her own red eyes reflecting in his machete, his slow, menacing steps toward her, and that old battered mask covering his rotting face.

Disheartened by her own thoughts, Zinnia took a seat on the floor after Jack released his hold on her hand. She looked pale, nervous, and sweaty. Zinnia raised her hand and wiped a bit of sweat off on the back of it, her eyes heavy and void of their usual sparkle. She took a couple deep breaths in to give herself some extra air.

E1dFZp2.jpg

Ugh, what's wrong with me? I can't focus on anything and I feel so jittery. The trial is going on now and yet I don't think I've heard a single word anyone has said. Their voices just seem muffled to me like my ears are clogged. And on top of that, my heartbeat sounds so loud it's giving me a headache.

Zinnia scooted backwards from where she sat on the floor, leaning her back against one of the podiums. She continued to take deep breaths. I'll have to let the others handle the trial for now. It feels like I'm having... anxiety or a panic attack maybe? But I never experience such things! Why? I don't understand...

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite @Other Trial Peeps @Anybody​
Before he could hear a response, the sound of Zinnia sitting down caught his attention. He glanced down for a moment, taking in the sight of her crumbling resolve, and knelt down beside her, "Are you alright, Zinnia? Should I ask Doctor Mathias to look over you once again?"

"..." She leaned back, rather disinterested in the proceedings.

All this talk only confirmed her suspicions. Trials such as these were a joke. The so called justice achieved was just a victory by those who used their talented tongue the most. A game of words. Men and women easily swayed by self-interest, bias, bribery or mob hysteria, even if they themselves don't know it. Playing at being impartial...tch. First impressions can affect judgement. Whether positively or negatively, it doesn't matter. This display reminded her why she just skipped beyond this, right to executioner.

...Of course, those were with men she already knew were guilty.

"Hmph."

tumblr_inline_n85gy0p5GE1so1xk1.png

"Why can't trial by combat be an option for the suspects? Let God decide their fate. It would certainly be more honest...and easier."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite

"And in the eyes of this court, that distinction does not exist. To kill in self-defense is to still kill in the eyes of the bear. Besides, numerous witnesses can place the victim as having attacked them and various others on the campus in the lead-up to his death. To defend his students, Hayward shot R-

Jack tilted his head to the side, "Was this before or after Roy escaped into the library?"

Before he could hear a response, the sound of Zinnia sitting down caught his attention. He glanced down for a moment, taking in the sight of her crumbling resolve, and knelt down beside her, "Are you alright, Zinnia? Should I ask Doctor Mathias to look over you once again?"

For a brief time, Zinnia looked right through Jack when he spoke to her. After a few seconds of vacantly staring, she snapped back into reality. She missed what the samurai had said to her, but if she had to guess she was certain he worried for her. "I-I'm fine."

Wait, Jack had mentioned Jude hadn't he? Zinnia cringed at the thought of being looked over again. Still, she wanted to try harder not to be selfish and write off Jack's feelings. "I'm pretty sure I'm just tired, completely exhausted even, but if it'd make you feel better he can check me. But, like I said, I'm sure that I'm okay," she told him, forcing a weak smile.

Zinnia couldn't even hide it; she felt like crap. She just wished to get out of this place so she could go back to Aster, stop seeing so much death, and most importantly never have to see Jason again. Something about that masked beast made her feel so agitated it was discomforting. Zinnia literally felt sick to her stomach. She placed a hand on her abdomen, her face suddenly looking a bit green.

Ugh, I don't want to be like the loser from our group who threw up, but I actually feel sick right now. I hope nobody is looking. This is embarrassing!

@The Tactician @Trial People​

Looking at Honda before turning, Wanda ears peaked the term magic came up. Going to Holder Wanda took a look at the symbols, Wanda shook her head.

"This my area of expertise, so bare with me. The blood has given you all the wrong impression. These symbol are not at all satanic. If anything, they're the opposite of satanic."

Looking at the Symbol Holder wrote down, Wanda hummed to herself.

"So the first is a revival symbol. It a Tibetan symbol. I'm sure of that. The other symbol? Scarifies. I want to say it relates to a native tribe from these parts. Can't place what tribe. Maybe if saw the body. But that's not an option. "

Wanda paused, blushing.

"Sorry about that rant. Should I keep going or is that enough?"

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
For a brief time, Zinnia looked right through Jack when he spoke to her. After a few seconds of vacantly staring, she snapped back into reality. She missed what the samurai had said to her, but if she had to guess she was certain he worried for her. "I-I'm fine."

Wait, Jack had mentioned Jude hadn't he? Zinnia cringed at the thought of being looked over again. Still, she wanted to try harder not to be selfish and write off Jack's feelings. "I'm pretty sure I'm just tired, completely exhausted even, but if it'd make you feel better he can check me. But, like I said, I'm sure that I'm okay," she told him, forcing a weak smile.

Zinnia couldn't even hide it; she felt like crap. She just wished to get out of this place so she could go back to Aster, stop seeing so much death, and most importantly never have to see Jason again. Something about that masked beast made her feel so agitated it was discomforting. Zinnia literally felt sick to her stomach. She placed a hand on her abdomen, her face suddenly looking a bit green.

Ugh, I don't want to be like the loser from our who threw up, but I actually feel sick right now. I hope nobody is looking. This is embarrassing!

The samurai's unease with her response echoed in his tone as he looked her over, "Are you certain...? You seem deathly pale again..." He could only begin to guess at what was causing her pain. An infection of one of her wounds seemed possible but unlikely given that Jude looked her over, so perhaps it was something mental? He remembered the panic she had experienced at the sight of Jason, the shaking of her form when he appeared. Perhaps that was the cause?

"It seems your body wishes to disagree with you, Zinnia," He remarked as her appearance took a tint of sickly, yellow-green and stood up, "Just stay here, I will find Mathias and have him come to assist you."

The trial was placed at the back of his mind as he approached the group's doctor, bowing his head slightly to Jude as he made his request, "Pardon me, Doctor Mathias, but would you perhaps look at Zinnia once again? It seems she's taken quite ill at the moment."
"I chased him into the library, after I defended myself. That doesn't make me a murder, it makes a man who wanted to live."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
With a moment to speak as he awaited for Jude's response, Jack snapped out a response to that comment.

"Strange. He who only wishes to remain alive and not to kill would seem opposed to seeking further conflict."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Monokuma let out a soft giggle at Arya's suggestion. "We could do that, if you wanted. Nothing's stopping you from leaving your podium! Start punching each other's lights out! Make it exciting! Let the blood flow!"

With a satisfied sigh, Monokuma turned his focus then to Wanda.

7C2nF1r.png

"A pun!" Monokuma giggled, standing up to look over at the Scarlet Witch. "Look at our Ultimate Punmaster! Are you sure I'm the one biding my time here? Don't you feel it? Don't you hear it? The voices whispering in the darkness..." Monokuma trailed off as Diana turned to give him a confused glance.

Beside her was Victoria, who was still giving Bullet an unimpressed look. "Wow, Tommy could be found stabbing someone and you would find an excuse for it, huh? Talk about jumping through hoops."

"You know, I agree with her."

BGMG9QB.jpg

Bullet looked tired, flashing dirty looks around the circle. "Tommy has been stalked by that ugly motherfucker and an impostor pretending to be him comes along and attacks him-- No shit that Tommy is going to react violently!" The girl slammed a hand down on her podium. "What the fuck, this is simple! Besides, black magic...? Do I look like I know about that shit?"

Victoria stifled a laugh. "Well..."

"Victoria, Bullet, please. Monokuma wants us to yell at each other."

mbEI7NE.png

Jude sighed, turning his head to look toward Jack and Zinnia. "Everything okay?" he asked, looking concerned. He stepped away from his podium to move toward the pair. "What's wrong? Any pain?"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Shane rolled his eye's at Jack.

"You know, it seems like you gotta hard on for Doc as the killer. Last time you had a hard on like that, it was me you thought was the killer. Huh? What's that old sayin' If you failed to remember history, ya doomed to repeat it? Something like that?"

Shane couldn't help but smirk. That shit eating grin of his was ear to ear.

@The Tactician

"Murder dungeon?! I sure hope not!! This case is already freaky enough as it is!!"

What Jack said interested Honda a lot. "Well, someone could have always brought it with them... though why someone carries around spray paint beats me!"
@Atomyk @Jeremi @york @Investigation
BeQRDOI.webp

"Student debts huh... so Morikubo's suggestions are possibilities, since they're usually associated with the need for more money... but yes, let's head out."

Nono realises not that she spoke of discount prostitution.​

lRNZWea.webp

"That is a serious, serious case of chuunibyou* over here!" Nono exclaims. "Th- there's no way th- these runes are real... r- right?"

@york @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Atomyk @Yun Lee @BodyInvestigation

*the thing characters like the Gundham guy, Takahashi Rikka and Gokou Ruri has. Stereotypically associated with summoning cool demons and wearing gothic-themed clothes.
Finally done cleaning his armour up, and examining the small scratch that now adorned his chestpiece, Darv had moved to investigate the body. He was not wounded, thankfully, and he had little to contribute medically. He was sure people had the patients under control well enough that he wasn't required to pull out splinters or patch up cuts.
"Let's see." Darv murmurs, stooping to examine them a little closer himself "These ones look a little off, but they're also not very familiar to me." Standing back up, he shrugs slightly, offering the small girl little in the way of confirmation of denial. He knew better than to tell her he believed the runes were intended to have some effect, but were performed by an amateur "Don't worry, young one. I'm sure they are just meant to look scary. They do not seem to be doing anything, or to have done anything. I'm sure whoever drew these was just trying to make them look scary. I am sure there is no magic in them"

@york @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Crow @BodyInvestigation​
Continued from here.

Holder seemed to consider these suggestions, but really, who could say where the spray paint came from? The real question was where it had gone, which Holder doubted the killer would keep it on their person. Moving away from the conversation, the detective found a trash bin by the exit of the library. He looked through it haphazardly for a moment, but ended up with nothing for his efforts. "Come on, you," he muttered, looking around himself. So the killer had sense not to dump the paint in the garbage, but that didn't mean it was going to be hard to find. There was no time to leave the library from making the symbol until the others had arrived, meaning...

Holder nodded, walking over to a nearby bookcase. He ran his hand along the spines of the books as he passed them, stopping once he found one sticking out oddly. Morse subtle than the mess the killer had left with the ritual books, but just enough askew to be suspicious. He pulled out the books, looking behind them to find the item he sought. "Bingo." It was with grin that Holder took hold of the spray paint can, just in time for an announcement to echo across the campus.

"Talk about fright night! You guys ready for a chilling class trial? Forensics team and guests, please come to the morgue!"

The guests this time around heading on in to the morgue after the group were the detective, Stephen Holder, as well as Herbert West, his assistant Dan, Doc Hayward, and two attending for a second time now, Bullet and Tommy. Both Bullet and Tommy had been cleaned up since they had been encountered in the library, though Tommy still looked terrible. Jefferson's body had been removed from the room, leaving empty space for the eventual podiums.

Once everyone had arrived, the ground began to rumble as it smoothly gave way in the shape of a circle. Rising up from the hole was the familiar ring of podiums rose from ground, just enough for everyone present. Monokuma hopped on to a nearby medical examiner's table on wheels and lounged on it lazily.

EbCBGBc.png

Monokuma yawned as he looked upon the newcomers. "So I guess I have to explain it again, huh? You're here because you are suspected in murdering someone! Everyone will tear at each other to determine who did the slaying, while the one who really did do it tries to confuse everyone else! If the majority votes for the wrong person... well, consider that a win! Upupu..."

Holder stared at the podiums like they were eyesores. His eyes moved in a circle, counting all the podiums up.

TeyJM8h.gif

"This is, ah... This is a little much, don't you think, hombre?"

"Don't bother." Bullet shrugged, taking a place next to the detective. She leaned over the front of the podium, looking glum. "Okay... seriously? What the fuck. Why am I here a second time? I'm not a killer, fuck."

"Then I guess you're just naturally in the wrong place at the wrong time?" Victoria said, shooting Bullet a glare from across the ring. She hadn't forgotten the harsh words shared between Bullet and herself the day before. "By the way, are you guys going to yell at me if I accuse Tommy again?"

"Let's just give it time," Jude said, trying to sound reassuring. "At least we have more evidence this time than last... I think."

SOgCdak.png

"No complaining now! The clues are just right-- not too hot and not too cold!" Monokuma seemed to be shivering with anticipation. "But this morgue... Brr! Isn't it chilling? Think about all the dead bodies that passed through here... how do you think they died? Stabbing? Disease? Drowning? Burned alive? Asphyxiation? The possibilities are tantalizing!"

"U-Uhh..." Jude slowly raised a hand. "I was wondering... what do you do with the bodies for these trials?"

Monokuma looked to Jude, tilting his head to the side slightly. There was silence for a few moments, until Monokuma lifted his arms into the air.

"It's time to start the trial!"

uZW1Jgh.png

"W-What?!"

Case #2: Roy Burns
During the previous trial, Victoria and the principal, Sigma Klim, came under suspicion for having positive connections to Mark Jefferson. As Max had died just before she could relay info about Jefferson to the group, this was seen as the motive for her murder. Bullet tried to hide her previous friendship with Max, but it came out that she used to be Max's friend and was even once in love with her. Bullet held a grudge, which was seen as suspicious, but Klim ended up mixing up his testimony and was voted guilty.

It turned out the group was right, Klim willing to kill to protect the secrets of Jefferson and the school. He had killed Max and attempted to make it seem as if it was suicide, using his influence and resources to assist him. Jude asked Klim what secret he was hiding before he was executed, but Klim took the secret to the grave. McGucket was made the new principal of the school and the group retired to a motel for the night.

In the morning, having arrived to the esteemed Miskatonic University, the group decided to split up to check three separate sections of the school. Namely, the medical wing where the medical students were trying to make a name for themselves, the morgue where Mark Jefferson's body was being examined, and the reception area.

At the reception, the group encountered a detective by the name of Stephen Holder, who revealed that he had been assigned to the missing girls case. They also encountered Bullet again, who explained she had come to the university as one of the missing girls, Anna, went there after graduating from Blackwell.

Having been stalking the group for quite some time, Jason Voorhees had lurked in the shadows while the group had explored Blackwell, choosing to bide his time and wait for a better chance to strike. However, he hadn't been the only one following the group. Tommy Jarvis had decided to keep up with the group as best as he could. Feeling some sense of responsibility for Jason continuing to be around, Tommy wanted to spare the group the agony of another encounter with him and wanted to finish him off himself. After coming face to face with the undead serial killer, this task proved easier said than done for Tommy.

Inside the hospital wing, Zinnia, Jack, and others ran into the duo of Herbert West and Daniel Cain, two medical students who had their own views on the group. Herbert believed them to be government stooges who simply wanted to steal the secrets to his Reagent: a serum that would restore the dead back to life. Dan thought much of the same, but still managed to keep up a much kinder front for Zinnia and Jack in particular.

Lapis Lazuli was far more keen on seeing what West was up to and followed him to the autopsy room. After explaining that she wasn't here to steal his work nor that was she interested in the Reagent, Jason made his move. Having easily disposed of Tommy, Jason stormed in practically unhindered. That was of course until Herbert's cadavers began to rise and attacked the killer. Ripping chunks of his rotten flesh off and devouring it by the handful, Jason disposed of them one by one.

The last undead survived its brief battle with Jason, only to enter into a new one with Zinnia and Jack. The re-animated corpse nearly strangled Zinnia only to be attacked by Jack. Tearing a chunk out of Jack's shoulder, the cadaver resumed its attack on Zinnia. All the while, Jason was struggling to stay on his own two feet as he was set upon by the combined efforts of Lapis, Sledge, and Darv. All of whom wanted Jason dead. Herbert on the other hand saw how strong Jason was and wanted to capture the mass murderer to study him.

It wasn't meant to be however, as upon getting his own machete digging through his skull, Jason ripped it out and took his leave, leaving a knocked out Sledge and an injured Lapis in his wake.

But Jason wasn't the only killer stalking the halls of Miskatonic. Having been on the lamb to escape from the police after barely surviving his battle with Tommy Jarvis, crazed paramedic-turned-serial-killer Roy Burns had tracked down Tommy's last whereabouts to the general area around Miskatonic. He entered the building, ending up attacking those who had checked out the morgue.

Getting a glass mug smashed over his head, getting clawed on his face/ankle, and even suffering a bruised knee, Roy had underestimated those he'd been facing. Ranging from the martial arts expert in Chikage to the illustrious leader Kyoko, the group showed that they were more than a match for the serial killer. Tanking through a cut to the arm and a swift backhand, Kyoko stood her ground and drove off the killer with Doc Hayward, Bullet, and Dan in hot pursuit of him.

In the end both killers had been chased off... but at the loss of Catbug, though it seemed Herbert had plans for him.

The group discovered the dead body of Roy in the library, with it unclear who killed him. The group weren't too keen on solving the murder of a killer, but Monokuma told them that they had no choice. A ritualistic symbol had been found under the body in spray paint, with the body sporting a large number of wounds from both a gun and a bladed weapon.

Unrelated to the murder, Holder let a group investigate Anna's dorm room, discovering that she posed for model shots for an unknown photographer. They also learned that she had worked at the Oh Deer Diner and was a visitor to the Three Eyed Jack's Casino.

With that out of the way, Monokuma called everyone to the morgue for their third trial...
The Evidence
igf3UyG.png

Those suspected in the murder of the serial killer...

Bullet
- Chased after the victim into the library
- Found with blood on her hands

Daniel Cain
- Herbert West's assistant
- Was around the library the time of the murder

Doc Hayward
- Chased after the victim into the library
- Was found with a loaded gun

Herbert West
- Was experimenting on the undead

Tommy Jarvis
- Was found beat up, bloodied, and holding a machete

Roy was found in the library, slumped against a bookcase with his mask ripped off and a gash across his forehead. There was also a gunshot wound in his shoulder. A ritualistic symbol was painted below the victim's body. The symbol is Satanic in origin and the symbol was painted with spray paint, found hidden behind a few books in the bookcase.

Tommy was found by the body, hurt, covered in blood, and carrying a machete. Doc Hayward was found with a loaded gun. Bullet was found with blood on her hands.

@C.T. @Yang Lee @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @DapperDogman @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @york @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @ShiroKiyoshi @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Periodically Incorrect @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Jack Frost

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Josh M @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Others?

Jack Frost frowned, he understood clearly why the Samurai would suspect Hayward to be the killer, he was indeed the one with the loaded gun, but Tommy was the one with a machete... The victim's body showed injuries from both of those, which made it very difficult to judge from that alone, though Hayward's nervous stance seemed to hint that he might have had some part in this. However, he couldn't help but wonder where the whole Satanic symbol fit in... Who out of the list of suspects would be more likely to do something like that? Well, really, he doubted he could just figure this out by looking at them, so he decided to ask some questions, turning to Bullet first.

"Can you tell us why you were found with blood on your hands?" He asked her.

He wasn't really sure if she was involved in the kill in any way, but he figured he'd work down the list of the most likely suspects... And since Hayward was occupied at the moment, he was intending on questioning Tommy next, seeing as he was holding a Machete, and in a pretty bad shape. Speaking of which... Considering Roy's nature, one would have to be experienced with combat to some degree to bring him down... At least, if this had occurred in a fight.​

Last edited:

"You know, it seems like you gotta hard on for Doc as the killer. Last time you had a hard on like that, it was me you thought was the killer. Huh? What's that old sayin' If you failed to remember history, ya doomed to repeat it? Something like that?"

@The Tactician
"Actually, it was Klim last time who I accused from the start. However, Honda was the one who found the evidence that damned him, so it's unsurprising that you forgot my accusations given that one with your attention span would be prone to forgetting historical facts beyond the shallowest and most basic. Besides, I still have a question of if the doctor shot our victim before or after they entered the library, or if it was even him in the first place. While he seems to be the only suspect with a firearm at the moment, if you're actually willing to provide evidence stating otherwise, perhaps you would like to present it?"

Jack only allowed a small smile to play at his lips before returning to a stoic expression, "Now then, do you have something else to say?"
Monokuma let out a soft giggle at Arya's suggestion. "We could do that, if you wanted. Nothing's stopping you from leaving your podium! Start punching each other's lights out! Make it exciting! Let the blood flow!"

7C2nF1r.png

"A pun!" Monokuma giggled, standing up to look over at the Scarlet Witch. "Look at our Ultimate Punmaster! Are you sure I'm the one biding my time here? Don't you feel it? Don't you hear it? The voices whispering in the darkness..." Monokuma trailed off as Diana turned to give him a confused glance.

Beside her was Victoria, who was still giving Bullet an unimpressed look. "Wow, Tommy could be found stabbing someone and you would find an excuse for it, huh? Talk about jumping through hoops."

BGMG9QB.jpg

Bullet looked tired, flashing dirty looks around the circle. "Tommy has been stalked by that ugly motherfucker and an impostor pretending to be him comes along and attacks him-- No shit that Tommy is going to react violently!" The girl slammed a hand down on her podium. "What the fuck, this is simple! Besides, black magic...? Do I look like I know about that shit?"

mbEI7NE.png

Jude sighed, turning his head to look toward Jack and Zinnia. "Everything okay?" he asked, looking concerned. He stepped away from his podium to move toward the pair. "What's wrong? Any pain?"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Jack Frost

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Josh M @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Others?

Jack Frost frowned, he understood clearly why the Samurai would suspect Hayward to be the killer, he was indeed the one with the loaded gun, but Tommy was the one with a machete... The victim's body showed injuries from both of those, which made it very difficult to judge from that alone, though Hayward's nervous stance seemed to hint that he might have had some part in this. However, he couldn't help but wonder where the whole Satanic symbol fit in... Who out of the list of suspects would be more likely to do something like that? Well, really, he doubted he could just figure this out by looking at them, so he decided to ask some questions, turning to Bullet first.

He wasn't really sure if was involved in the kill in any way, but he figured he'd work down the list of the most likely suspects... And since Hayward was occupied at the moment, he was intending on questioning Tommy next, seeing as he was holding a Machete, and in a pretty bad shape. Speaking of which... Considering Roy's nature, one would have to be experienced with combat to some degree to bring him down... At least, if this had occurred in a fight.​

Shooting a nod of gratitude Jude's way, Jack then turned his eyes to Victoria and Bullet, thinking over what they said, "The motive is certainly there... However, you still haven't explained Tommy's own injuries and the fact he was found in a daze. Along with that, why would he paint such ridiculous symbols?"
Looking at Honda before turning, Wanda ears peaked the term magic came up. Going to Holder Wanda took a look at the symbols, Wanda shook her head.

"This my area of expertise, so bare with me. The blood has given you all the wrong impression. These symbol are not at all satanic. If anything, they're the opposite of satanic."

"So the first is a revival symbol. It a Tibetan symbol. I'm sure of that. The other symbol? Scarifies. I want to say it relates to a native tribe from these parts. Can't place what tribe. Maybe if saw the body. But that's not an option. "

Wanda paused, blushing.

"If you believe it will help, Miss Wanda, then please, go on."

"..." She leaned back, rather disinterested in the proceedings.

All this talk only confirmed her suspicions. Trials such as these were a joke. The so called justice achieved was just a victory by those who used their talented tongue the most. A game of words. Men and women easily swayed by self-interest, bias, bribery or mob hysteria, even if they themselves don't know it. Playing at being impartial...tch. First impressions can affect judgement. Whether positively or negatively, it doesn't matter. This display reminded her why she just skipped beyond this, right to executioner.

...Of course, those were with men she already knew were guilty.

"Hmph."

tumblr_inline_n85gy0p5GE1so1xk1.png

"Why can't trial by combat be an option for the suspects? Let God decide their fate. It would certainly be more honest...and easier."

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @york @Verite

Ugh, I don't want to be like the loser from our group who threw up, but I actually feel sick right now. I hope nobody is looking. This is embarrassing!

Wanda paused, blushing.

"I chased him into the library, after I defended myself. That doesn't make me a murder, it makes a man who wanted to live."

The samurai's unease with her response echoed in his tone as he looked her over, "Are you certain...? You seem deathly pale again..." He could only begin to guess at what was causing her pain. An infection of one of her wounds seemed possible but unlikely given that Jude looked her over, so perhaps it was something mental? He remembered the panic she had experienced at the sight of Jason, the shaking of her form when he appeared. Perhaps that was the cause?

"It seems your body wishes to disagree with you, Zinnia," He remarked as her appearance took a tint of sickly, yellow-green and stood up, "Just stay here, I will find Mathias and have him come to assist you."

The trial was placed at the back of his mind as he approached the group's doctor, bowing his head slightly to Jude as he made his request, "Pardon me, Doctor Mathias, but would you perhaps look at Zinnia once again? It seems she's taken quite ill at the moment."

With a moment to speak as he awaited for Jude's response, Jack snapped out a response to that comment.

"Strange. He who only wishes to remain alive and not to kill would seem opposed to seeking further conflict."

7C2nF1r.png

BGMG9QB.jpg

mbEI7NE.png

@The Tactician

Jack Frost

He wasn't really sure if was involved in the kill in any way, but he figured he'd work down the list of the most likely suspects... And since Hayward was occupied at the moment, he was intending on questioning Tommy next, seeing as he was holding a Machete, and in a pretty bad shape. Speaking of which... Considering Roy's nature, one would have to be experienced with combat to some degree to bring him down... At least, if this had occurred in a fight.​

"So, the symbols are both Tibetan and tribal, huh? Sounds like it was made by someone who doesn't know much about magic. But, Wanda, do you know what those symbols mean?"

Hearing Jack Frost question Bullet, Honda nodded. "Yeah, how did that happen, exactly? And, speaking of blood..." Honda loooked to the suspect whose name was thrown around most. "Tommy, are you able to tell us what happened after you chased Roy? How'd you get that machete?"
@Atomyk @Josh M @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial

7C2nF1r.png

BGMG9QB.jpg

mbEI7NE.png

Zinnia appreciated Jack's concern for her, but she couldn't help but feel more anxious at the thought of Jude looking her over. When he came over to look at her, Zinnia's cheeks flushed a hot pink. When he asked for her symptoms, Zinnia stuttered and her eyebrow twitched. She wanted to tell Jude to go away, but she didn't want to hurt Jack's feelings by avoiding a check-up.

"U-Uh, well, no pain. I just feel sick to my stomach, tired, tense, and it's hard to breath. I-I think it's due to... due to..." Zinnia spoke her last word more quietly. "Anxiety."

Ld3n5Xp.jpg

She grabbed Jude's collar and looked him directly in the eyes, clearly giving him a silent threat. "Don't. Tell. Anyone," she said flatly.

Or else.

@The Tactician @Atomyk

"..."

Rt5IgW4.png

"No one will ever have to know." Jude gingerly rubbed the back of his neck. "But, uh, I guess try and sit this one out, if you can."

Meanwhile, Bullet was shooting the two Jacks looks, as if to ask why the hell she had to explain herself. "My hands were... uh," she stammered, running a hand across her scalp. "Look, the guy was hurt, so much shit was going on. I grabbed him, tried to shove him... he fell over and I got blood on my hands. People had attacked him before I even got there. I was the last into the library." Then, to the samurai Jack, Bullet gave a shrug. "Hurt, dazed, but still standing, okay? Back a dog into a corner and its going to fuckin' pounce."

"I hear that," said Holder, nodding at this.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @ClassTrial

Nodding to Honda and Jack, Wanda would go on.

As I said, the two symbols mean scarifies and revival respectively. How about your question if who ever wrote knew about magic. I want say no. I mean, who ever did this could also be an amateur, but even most amateurs would know better. While the symbol's meaning relate, the application for both are too different. Plus they hinder each other. "

Wanda took a pause before continuing.

"However, I have to add that these symbols are not easy to find. I never even seen this exacta symbol of Scarifies before. I can only infer it's from native tribe due to may experiences as an expert in this field. It shares a similar look with other symbols I am aware of, hence my inferring. However used these symbols had to have some idea what these meant, or knew someone who did. Why? Because you'd have to look for them."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person

As I said, the two symbols mean scarifies and revival respectively. How about your question if who ever wrote knew about magic. I want say no. I mean, who ever did this could also be an amateur, but even most amateurs would know better. While the symbol's meaning relate, the application for both are too different. Plus they hinder each other. "

"However, I have to add that these symbols are not easy to find. I never even seen this exacta symbol of Scarifies before. I can only infer it's from native tribe due to may experiences as an expert in this field. It shares a similar look with other symbols I am aware of, hence my inferring. However used these symbols had to have some idea what these meant, or knew someone who did. Why? Because you'd have to look for them."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @BarrenThin @C.T. @Jeremi
Jack thought for a moment, thinking on the topic before nodding.

"So we must speak to a native of the area. I believe Tommy is one, but what about the other suspects?"

"..."

Rt5IgW4.png

"No one will ever have to know." Jude gingerly rubbed the back of his neck. "But, uh, I guess try and sit this one out, if you can."

Meanwhile, Bullet was shooting the two Jacks looks, as if to ask why the hell she had to explain herself. "My hands were... uh," she stammered, running a hand across her scalp. "Look, the guy was hurt, so much shit was going on. I grabbed him, tried to shove him... he fell over and I got blood on my hands. People had attacked him before I even got there. I was the last into the library." Then, to the samurai Jack, Bullet gave a shrug. "Hurt, dazed, but still standing, okay? Back a dog into a corner and its going to fuckin' pounce."

"I hear that," said Holder, nodding at this.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Josh M @C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @ClassTrial

Jack thought for a moment, thinking on the topic before nodding.

"So we must speak to a native of the area. I believe Tommy is one, but what about the other suspects?"
"Bullet."

Honda stared at the Blackwell student gravely. "You responded in a similarly frantic way when you hid your relationship to Max. It would help us all if you tell us what you're hiding now, because I know you're not telling us everything!!"
@Atomyk @Josh M @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @C.T. @york @Jeremi @ClassTrial

"I'm talking about when the fat kid died, jackass. Look, the Doc said he defended himself, then chased the guy into the library. So, using logic, he shot him first. The guy has been nuffin' but straight forward with us. You need to keep that in mind before you go on a damn witch hunt. Now he could be the killer, but just because he shot him, doesn't meant he died from that or that Doc killed him."

Wanda would then address Jack.

"No Jack. They wouldn't know. Native as in native American, the fist people of these lands. Not native towns folk. Heck, I can reason that even the native Americans in this town might not even know what this symbol is."

Status
Not open for further replies.