• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinnia did indeed sputter due to his response. She actually fell on her butt, scooting away from him as he came after her. "Dang, I guess the same trick won't work twice, huh? Well, either that or you actually want to be kissed again." She paused, continuing to scoot back from him. "I won't touch the plant, just stop chasing me," she added, actually attempting to trip him with her foot as he got closer.​
"Well..."

He stopped a foot away from her, just far enough to avoid her trip attempts. For a moment, he pondered the suggestion that she made as he watched her scoot away.

"I would not say it was not nice."

"So, that's it? Never asked to be leader. Wouldn't want to."

Rant rolled his eyes at this point.

A bunch of sheep.

Rant then hopped off his podium and sat on the floor going to sleep.

"Bear," he growls, turning to Monokuma "is there some way we could perhaps...Exile the rodent?" After a moment of pause, he adds in low snarl "I'm not beyond killing it, but there are children present."

@Atomyk
@Minerva

6f65911d791ae3d6ebbcaf1752c446b4.png

....So, someone had died? For someone that constantly talked about killing, Tarlotte didn't look happy about the ordeal. But, then again, she didn't seem all that upset, either. More than that, she hardly even focused on the matter for very long at all. There were another few moments of silence from her once more, her expression unreadable until she finally bursted out... Again.

"Mew cares?! This is boring!" she exclaimed, thrusting her fists downwards with her tail rampantly swishing in protest. "I want cake, dammit, not some stupid 'trial'! You dumb humans and bears are making me sick, mrow! I'll eat you all up if I don't get some cake-- Meow, meow, meow!--"

And the wild ride was back.

@RIP​

• Love
Reactions: thatguyinthestore

....So, someone had died? For someone that constantly talked about killing, Tarlotte didn't look happy about the ordeal. But, then again, she didn't seem all that upset, either. More than that, she hardly even focused on the matter for very long at all. There were another few moments of silence from her once more, her expression unreadable until she finally bursted out... Again.

"Mew cares?! This is boring!" she exclaimed, thrusting her fists downwards with her tail rampantly swishing in protest. "I want cake, dammit, not some stupid 'trial'! You dumb humans and bears are making me sick, mrow! I'll eat you all up if I don't get some cake-- Meow, meow, meow!--"

@RIP​

Genji turned to the cat. There was some degree of annoyance in his voice, though he kept it subdued as she at least seemed to be a child, herself. "I think we could all go for some cake. Unfortunately, a girl has been murdered and we can't get you any." The cyborg sighed and moved over to Tarlotte. His voice dropped to a whisper. "He may not look like he can, but the bear will kill you if you make a move on him. So, while I understand your frustration... Be patient, little one."

@Hospes

Genji turned to the cat. There was some degree of annoyance in his voice, though he kept it subdued as she at least seemed to be a child, herself. "I think we could all go for some cake. Unfortunately, a girl has been murdered and we can't get you any." The cyborg sighed and moved over to Tarlotte. His voice dropped to a whisper. "He may not look like he can, but the bear will kill you if you make a move on him. So, while I understand your frustration... Be patient, little one."

@Hospes

"I don't care, meow!" was the immediate response. Unsurprising, really. "Meow, the cake is mine when we're out of this dumb place! All of it! And I'm not sharing, either~" That was right, Sojiro only ever made cake for her, and her alone- no asshole human deserved any of it, so she'd keep it all to herself! Every last crumb!!! And after the cake, she could go swimming, and plot further to get back at that stupid girl that smelled like vanilla, with Sojiro along to watch, too! ...Speaking of, where was he? He should've come by now, and she was already getting tired of all the idiots around her in this odd place.

No. She couldn't worry about that right now. Surely he'd be there soon... Right?

Shaking off the thought to the best of her ability, Tarlotte threw Genji a deep frown as he told her to be careful around the bear, a 'hmph?' of disbelief coming from her. Did he really dare? "...You think I can't take some stupid bear?! I can rip him to shreds, to shreds! And not just him, mrow, either! I could crush all of you, easy as--"

"..."

"Easy as... Um...."

Gosh dang it, why did this keep happening?

@BarrenThin @rip

@RIP​

@Hospes

"I don't care, meow!" was the immediate response. Unsurprising, really. "Meow, the cake is mine when we're out of this dumb place! All of it! And I'm not sharing, either~" That was right, Sojiro only ever made cake for her, and her alone- no asshole human deserved any of it, so she'd keep it all to herself! Every last crumb!!! And after the cake, she could go swimming, and plot further to get back at that stupid girl that smelled like vanilla, with Sojiro along to watch, too! ...Speaking of, where was he? He should've come by now, and she was already getting tired of all the idiots around her in this odd place.

No. She couldn't worry about that right now. Surely he'd be there soon... Right?

Shaking off the thought to the best of her ability, Tarlotte threw Genji a deep frown as he told her to be careful around the bear, a 'hmph?' of disbelief coming from her. Did he really dare? "...You think I can't take some stupid bear?! I can rip him to shreds, to shreds! And not just him, mrow, either! I could crush all of you, easy as--"

"..."

"Easy as... Um...."

@BarrenThin @rip
Jack Frost
@Hospes @BarrenThin @Others

Hmm... Jack Frost was not quite sure if he wanted to get tangled into the arguments that were sprouting up left and right in the court toom... Place, but he was really glad for a diversion,

"Hmm... No cake here but... Next chance we get I'll find some for you." He said, trying to reassure her.

Then, he noticed she was having some trouble once again, it was apparant that she had a little trouble with these phrases, so once again, he decided to give her a bit of a helping hand.

"Pie!" He whispered.

Reactions: Takumi

"..."

"Easy as... Um...."

@BarrenThin @rip
Jack Frost
@Hospes @BarrenThin @Others

Hmm... Jack Frost was not quite sure if he wanted to get tangled into the arguments that were sprouting up left and right in the court toom... Place, but he was really glad for a diversion,

"Hmm... No cake here but... Next chance we get I'll find some for you." He said, trying to reassure her.

Then, he noticed she was having some trouble once again, it was apparant that she had a little trouble with these phrases, so once again, he decided to give her a bit of a helping hand.

"Pie!" He whispered.

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo3_100.png

"How about you take a sec to take a breath to calm down?"

Lapis figured that having someone go all ballistic and out to attack anybody, well, it wasn't a great thing to have right now. She saw what Monokuma was capable of, and seeing how Tarlotte wanted to beat that bear up, that was a definite "no" on Lapis's part.

@Hospes @BarrenThin @york @Others​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

"..."

"Easy as... Um...."

@BarrenThin @rip

Genji didn't waver, and he sounded very grim. "He has already killed some of our number. He will kill you before you can lay a hand on him. Don't throw your life away." He turned away.

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo3_100.png

"How about you take a sec to take a breath to calm down?"

Lapis figured that having someone go all ballistic and out to attack anybody, well, it wasn't a great thing to have right now. She saw what Monokuma was capable of, and seeing how Tarlotte wanted to beat that bear up, that was a definite "no" on Lapis's part.

@Hospes @BarrenThin @york @Others

The ninja waved for her not to bother. He tilted his head back, examining the woman. He hadn't really met her. She'd been injured earlier. It was good to see her up. When he spoke, he sounded friendly. "The cat is set in her ways, and the trial is effectively over... Rest. I am Genji. You were... Lapis?"

@york @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies

"Well..."

He stopped a foot away from her, just far enough to avoid her trip attempts. For a moment, he pondered the suggestion that she made as he watched her scoot away.

"I would not say it was not nice."

Zinnia couldn't help but let out a laugh at his words. She winked at him and stopped moving.

GLI4vqs.png

"Oh, you liked it? You want another one? Then come here~" she said, her tone playful. Clearly, she was up to something.

@The Tactician

Zinnia couldn't help but let out a laugh at his words. She winked at him and stopped moving.

GLI4vqs.png

"Oh, you liked it? You want another one? Then come here~" she said, her tone playful. Clearly, she was up to something.

@The Tactician
"Hmm, do you really think I'd fall for that? You're going to attempt to make me the fool in this situation, aren't you?"

Don't think that Jack will fall whatever prank you have planned, Zinnia.​

Rant looked over to Murobiko and sighed. "You're a bit easier to understand. What you don't get is that she wasn't doing anything. Nothing to earn this level respect from you all. To blindly follow her just because she talks nice."

"Before I interfered I am pretty damn sure she had no plan of action. And at the pool what was she doing? Asking about the case or lounging about."

Rant turned forward. "Cry your heart out. Tears aren't good to keep in, but don't try to twist information. Possibility is not fact. And fact says she did nothing."

egu6vNM.webp

"... and you have done more than her... how? You are but a bully and a hypocrite!"​

tumblr_mqeut02iJE1st2nhoo9_500.png

"Yes, because your strategy to defend the enemy who was likely not even capable of intelligent thought, a person who punched another person's head clean off without even a word, worked so well. And I believe that other than the residents of the camp, whom we unfortunately didn't get to mourn for very long, we bus-waking people managed to get out without life-threatening wounds. And if you must know, I was attempting to extract information from the then-witness, but I decided to go along with her shenanigans to assuage her grief. Witness she was, but she was also a person too."

Her tone remained as cool as ever, there wasn't any visible sign of Kyoko being riled up. If she was angry or even irritated at all, she did well at hiding it. It was as she believed; irrational emotion led to irrational decisions. And there were plenty of irrational emotions flying around to be avoided.

"I may not be perfect, but until someone else decides to step up, someone whom the others can agree is a better fit, I'm the best we have for now. You're more than free to criticize me all you want, and you can freely choose to follow your own path, but I suggest you at the very least realize the folly of acting on your own accord. If you're not going to respect me, at least respect the other survivors around you, perhaps as you would Genji. It--"

Oh.

kiri007.png

Now, that was something.

The sight of Morikubo, who was usually so meek and fearful, was defending her. But she was pushing herself to be out there. She wasn't used to these kinds of situations, Kyoko could assume, that involved these kinds of heated talks. It certainly must be scary for her.

Even she didn't know what had compelled her to act. Perhaps it was something that she found relatable about the little girl, perhaps she reminded Kyoko of something from her past, or perhaps she was just plain touched by the normally cowardly girl standing up for someone she believed in. Either way, the young woman would let out a sigh, and then...

Pat pat.

"That's quite enough, Morikubo-san. You did enough. Just don't cry... You have to keep strong," Kyoko said in an unusually soft tone, patting Nono's head with her gloved hand, the girl's podium right next to hers, thus the two of them already standing closely together in the first place.

The vulnerability of this kind of person... In a strange way, she almost envied Nono.

But this was hardly a time for that.

tumblr_mqeut02iJE1st2nhoo10_500.png

"Now, are you done yet? A person with such an open heart should take a pause when making an innocent little girl cry like that," Kirigiri continued after clearing her throat, briefly glancing at Rant again for a brief period of time.

"If so, it's time to finish up that honey, Monokuma," Kyoko followed up, now diverting her attention over to the monochrome bear, who was likely reveling in the mischief that had happened over the course of the trial, "Snack break is over. The jury doesn't have anything more to add, I'll assume."

fa5acf3c39454ebfbdab9e619801e05e.png

Phelps was practically speechless by the whole ordeal meanwhile.

Now he remembered why he was glad this city wasn't under his jurisdiction usually.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Crow @ClassTrial

"Again. You have done nothing. So, how are you the best we have?"

"There is no need to bother her. If she wants to hit me, punch, and scream let her do it. Don't tell anyone else to be strong. Keep that advice to yourself. Sometimes a tantrum is necessary to hear their feelings. If you want to be a block of ice do it alone."

"I did. I responded and left her to her own thoughts. She needs someone to talk to more than anything not to be silenced."

"I have spoken to her. I have looked into her eyes. I have heard the determination in her voice. She will fight for this group, Rant. She just won't do it your way."

Genji stood at alert and actually went to hug Morikubo. Through the hug, he glared at Rant. "Shh. Kore ijō naitemasen. Sore wa daijōbudeshou."

@Crow @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite

"THAT'S ENOUGH, MOUSE!!!!!"

Honda was sick and tired of seeing children crying, and to have one of their own be the cause of it...unforgivable!!!

"Congratulations, you found a diary! That's the only useful thing you've done in this situation! All you've done is accuse a child of premeditated murder, vote for someone with no proof other than your stubborn conclusions, attack our own group and try to reason with someone who DECAPITATED AN INNOCENT MAN, fell asleep during this trial, and then vote for a man based on gut feeling, then try to take credit when others actually did the work for you!!! Who exactly do you want as a leader if not Kirigiri?! YOU???? HA!!! Don't make me laugh! All you do is cause discord and keep us off course. With you as a leader we never would figure out any of these murders, and the Darkness would consume us all! If anything, you should be more like the Kirigiri you see, and do nothing!!!!"

It was rare for Edmond Honda to get angry at anyone, but Rant's actions had made Morikubo cry. Luckily Genji and Kirigiri were consoling her, which Honda now turned his attention to.

"Crying is good, Morikubo! Let out your emotions, it's okay! You did well in this case, helped us find who did it, I'm proud of you!"

Nono feels better after being comforted.

hmXMNng.webp

"Thank you, Kirigiri-san, Shimada-san, Honda-san, Morikubo feels a little better now," Nono speaks as her cries simmer and she wipes her tears, "Morikubo... will stay strong... Morikubo... has to stay strong..."
"And, nothing!" Zinnia replied with a laugh."But if you can't protect someone, maybe you'll find someone who cares enough about you to protect you themselves." She said nothing else to the girl when she spoke with someone else and bursted into tears. Comforting someone else wasn't really in Zinnia's skillset.​

6FyAgNf.jpg

"Morikubo... already has people like that in her life... here and back home... that's why Morikubo wants to do the same... even though it's impossible now... Morikubo won't be young forever, and will be an adult eventually... so..."

@Yun Lee @Yang Lee @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @DBZ7 @BarrenThin @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes

"Hmm, do you really think I'd fall for that? You're going to attempt to make me the fool in this situation, aren't you?"

Don't think that Jack will fall whatever prank you have planned, Zinnia.​
6FyAgNf.jpg

"Morikubo... already has people like that in her life... here and back home... that's why Morikubo wants to do the same... even though it's impossible now... Morikubo won't be young forever, and will be an adult eventually... so..."

Zinnia laughed.

LVLqiBC.png

"Oh boo, you're no fun, Jack! You shouldn't know me so well. I can't even play tricks on you! It's not fair! I'll get you for this!"

Zinnia suddenly lunged at Jack's legs, trying to pull him down on the ground with her. She was so busy with goofing off that she didn't take the time to reply back to Morikubo.​

Genji didn't waver, and he sounded very grim. "He has already killed some of our number. He will kill you before you can lay a hand on him. Don't throw your life away." He turned away.

The ninja waved for her not to bother. He tilted his head back, examining the woman. He hadn't really met her. She'd been injured earlier. It was good to see her up. When he spoke, he sounded friendly. "The cat is set in her ways, and the trial is effectively over... Rest. I am Genji. You were... Lapis?"

@york @Hospes @Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_o03aiqetmr1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Yeah... that's my name... sorta."

Throughout this entire mess, Lapis never bothered to meet up with the rest of the people present, such as Genji. He seemed pretty okay in her book so far. Ever since she obtained that injury in that fight the night before, Lapis had been noticing how people were harboring some worry for her, knowing that she had taken a heavy blow in that fight and the next day she appears all fine and well. She couldn't tell if it were the remnants of her power still active in her body or something else, but it also added to the confusion on why she was remarkably still alive.

"Besides, I don't think I'll need any... rest. I never got any rest... to be honest."

A strange pounding in her head as she started to remember a certain night a few years ago, Lapis started to ramble on, but immediately shook her head when she realized that she was talking on for no reason. She didn't need to expand on that all of a sudden.

@york @Hospes @BarrenThin

Zinnia laughed.

LVLqiBC.png

"Oh boo, you're no fun, Jack! You shouldn't know me so well. I can't even play tricks on you! It's not fair! I'll get you for this!"

Zinnia suddenly lunged at Jack's legs, trying to pull him down on the ground with her. She was so busy with goofing off that she didn't take the time to reply back to Morikubo.​
Unable to hold back any longer, the samurai allowed a few chuckles to escape as his friend latched on, "You are my best friend, Zinnia, of course I would know well enough to avoid your machinations." He finally relented and played along with her pulling, lowering himself to her level in order to see what she had in store.​

tumblr_o03aiqetmr1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Yeah... that's my name... sorta."

Throughout this entire mess, Lapis never bothered to meet up with the rest of the people present, such as Genji. He seemed pretty okay in her book so far. Ever since she obtained that injury in that fight the night before, Lapis had been noticing how people were harboring some worry for her, knowing that she had taken a heavy blow in that fight and the next day she appears all fine and well. She couldn't tell if it were the remnants of her power still active in her body or something else, but it also added to the confusion on why she was remarkably still alive.

"Besides, I don't think I'll need any... rest. I never got any rest... to be honest."

A strange pounding in her head as she started to remember a certain night a few years ago, Lapis started to ramble on, but immediately shook her head when she realized that she was talking on for no reason. She didn't need to expand on that all of a sudden.

@york @Hospes @BarrenThin

"I don't think any of us have. Are you holding up alright? Took a pretty nasty hit back there. I won't have anyone dying for the sake of their pride." His tone simultaneously held humor and concern.

@Gummi Bunnies

"I don't think any of us have. Are you holding up alright? Took a pretty nasty hit back there. I won't have anyone dying for the sake of their pride." His tone simultaneously held humor and concern.

@Gummi Bunnies
"I'm fine... really. I've dealt with worse... like I should've been dead a loong time ago."

For some reason, Lapis's response that was supposed to be of joking reassurance came off more of a dark joke about herself. Not like she was actually going to explain why she said that, because she saw no reason to get others involved with what she should personally deal with.

@BarrenThin

"I'm fine... really. I've dealt with worse... like I should've been dead a loong time ago."

For some reason, Lapis's response that was supposed to be of joking reassurance came off more of a dark joke about herself. Not like she was actually going to explain why she said that, because she saw no reason to get others involved with what she should personally deal with.

@BarrenThin

Genji paused at that. It hit a little close to home. He tapped a cybernetic leg, his response being a bit of a dark joke about himself, too. "I think you'll find few understand that better than I do. Most of this does not come off. Makes for a cold touch, but it is quite handy for stopping a bullet." Jokes aside, Genji rocked back on his heels. "I am fortunate to be as I am, rather than in an unmarked grave. I am itching without my blades, though. I feel naked. And so... Sluggish. Weak."

@Gummi Bunnies

Genji paused at that. It hit a little close to home. He tapped a cybernetic leg, his response being a bit of a dark joke about himself, too. "I think you'll find few understand that better than I do. Most of this does not come off. Makes for a cold touch, but it is quite handy for stopping a bullet." Jokes aside, Genji rocked back on his heels. "I am fortunate to be as I am, rather than in an unmarked grave. I am itching without my blades, though. I feel naked. And so... Sluggish. Weak."

@Gummi Bunnies
Listening in, Lapis flinched a bit when a bullet was mentioned. It was like the world did like to remind her of how she came to be like this in the first place.

"Well, guess you have that. All it took for one idiot was to shoot me in the face, and I just... miraculously survived. I guess that's good and all... until people start making rumors that I'm some revenant out for revenge or something because they thought I was dead."

Vague with her words, she momentarily felt the crystal birthmark on her cheek, the same spot where a bullet would've ended her life years ago. While it seemed like something was up with her, Lapis simply laughed it off, trying to hide the fact that she started to feel weary just thinking about her past.

@BarrenThin

Unable to hold back any longer, the samurai allowed a few chuckles to escape as his friend latched on, "You are my best friend, Zinnia, of course I would know well enough to avoid your machinations." He finally relented and played along with her pulling, lowering himself to her level in order to see what she had in store.​

TJM4lpv.png

Hearing his laugh made the lorekeeper smile. Seeing him happy or laughing always filled her with joy. And teasing him was fun too, it was just a shame that he always saw right through her antics. When he moved down to her level, Zinnia let go of him. "I can tell you're just playing along now! There's no fun in teasing you if you don't resist," she explained, flicking him on the nose.

"In case you wanted to know that badly what I was going to do, I was probably just going to lick your cheek or something to try and freak you out. But that probably wouldn't have worked anyhow, huh? You're too comfortable around me. I just can't freak you out anymore!" she said with a sigh. She scooted over to Jack and curled up by him, leaning her head on his arm. "So, for now, I give up. Ya happy?"

@The Tactician

TJM4lpv.png

Hearing his laugh made the lorekeeper smile. Seeing him happy or laughing always filled her with joy. And teasing him was fun too, it was just a shame that he always saw right through her antics. When he moved down to her level, Zinnia let go of him. "I can tell you're just playing along now! There's no fun in teasing you if you don't resist," she explained, flicking him on the nose.

"In case you wanted to know that badly what I was going to do, I was probably just going to lick your cheek or something to try and freak you out. But that probably wouldn't have worked anyhow, huh? You're too comfortable around me. I just can't freak you out anymore!" she said with a sigh. She scooted over to Jack and curled up by him, leaning her head on his arm. "So, for now, I give up. Ya happy?"

@The Tactician
The samurai only barely flinched as the flick came, his nose twitching for a moment as his smile remained firmly imprinted on his lips. It was certainly better to the alternative of being licked on the cheek, a fact that he made abundantly clear as he continued to chuckle with some hidden discomfort, "Yes, that would have been quite the move, but at this point, I'm quite used to your antics." However, as she explained that he seemed too relaxed with her antics, a brief moment of confusion showed in his eyes before he shrugged, "Is that so bad? It seems like it would be a good thing that I've grown to accept your methods of amusement as normal..."

"And if it means that I may remain this close to you, yes," While partially said to inspire some sort of blush in her, Jack certainly meant to speak the truth. He began to relax as he grew used to her presence, taking comfort in her closeness.​

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Status
Not open for further replies.