• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o6cyik6wQU1v3qowuo7_100.png

"KITTY! WIRUKO WANTS THE KITTY!"

Wiruko went ballistic on Kaiki, seeing the creature that resembled a cat, or more in this case, a catsune. She wanted one... badly. Especially after seeing all of Hideo's cat videos.
tumblr_inline_n0c9zeg9cd1rg5xo1.png

"You can have the 'kitty' if you offer up the money for it."

Kaiki explained all while taking a nice big step back. If he wasn't going to be punched out by Karen, he certainly didn't need some other girl glomping onto him for no reason. She was still free to look at his wares for however long it suited her. But as it seemed she had already decided on what familiar/creature she'd be picking up? All that's left was the bartering.

"If you can't afford to pay for it yourself, that's fine. Your friend over there-Hideo I believe? You can pay for both your weapon and your friend's Catsune can't you?"
Realizing the Wolgon had joined her, Zinnia glanced to Kaiki.

"I can have the creature for a price, huh? Well, what's the price? I don't think I have the currency your world uses. What do you need from me?" she asked.
tumblr_inline_n0c9zlQA901rg5xo1.png

"That certainly complicates matters. But I suppose money is money. It's not too often you get gold coins either. Whatever your 'world' uses is legal tender as far as I'm concerned. Anything beyond that is for me to worry about, not you." Kaiki said with a hand outstretched to accept the money. "However much you feel like giving out is fine by me. Though that's not to say you should be cheap. This animal is no average pet after all.."

Before Kaiki could seal the deal with Zinnia, Gilgamesh's boisterous tone rang out and Kaiki glanced towards him.

"Given that I've been paid so far in dollars and gold coins, I suppose either will do. As for the bow? I'd say a handful of gold coins wouldn't be asking to much now is it? That's what one of your colleagues doled out after all." Kaiki said pointing over to Jack. Speaking of gold coins, Inigo strolling over carrying what Kaiki could only assume to be a bag full of them caught his eye. "Gold for an axe and sword? I don't see why not."
"Don't think this is an act of charity, Grim, I need to pay for mine too." Mandy spat back, not even turning her eyes away from the cash to address Grim properly, "So, how much do you want for the dog and the staff, creep?"
Creep.

How quaint

"Far be from me to turn down someone willing to pay for the Grim Reaper himself. I'd say fifty should suffice to cover the cost for your animal and weapon. I hope you're satisfied with the final product."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
nmg030.png

"Of course. If nothing else, if I can't stop him from hurting others who would fall to his traps, then I'll make sure that he doesn't hurt you again, or Shinobu-chan and Kanbaru," he said, before looking at Karen, his gaze softening up a little bit.

nmg042.png

"After all, an older brother like me has to protect everyone around him. I want my chance to look cool in front of you too, y'know."

As opposed to being cool behind Karen's back, like when he had once driven Kaiki out of town before.
tumblr_mom456BwFM1r472txo1_500.gif

"You don't gotta worry about a thing, Araragi-Senpai. It'll take a lot more than some shady junk peddler to get under my skin! I'll make doubly sure that he doesn't lay a finger on you, Karen-chan, or your adorable new Romanian sister!"

Giving Koyomi a firm slap on the back to show she was on board with his line of thinking, she flashed a smile his way. Kaiki showing up may have been both unexpected and unpleasant but Kanbaru wasn't going to let it get her down! She was still with two of her greatest friends! Be it Kaiki himself or any of his shady items/creatures, she wouldn't let harm come to any of them!

@Kaykay @Verite

Having been distracted trying to think up reasons as to why they were all gathered here with Karen, Kanbaru perked up as Koyomi addressed her. Motioning for Karen to follow behind although given it was her brother who was calling her, Kanbaru doubted Karen would be too far behind her. As she made her way to where Koyomi had been standing, she flashed him a smile. "What's up Araragi-.." Kanbaru went silent upon seeing the tall lanky figure dressed in black standing before her and the others. Folding her arms across her chest, Kanbaru narrowed her eyes. From what she'd been told of Kaiki's antics, she didn't have any hesitance in taking Koyomi/Karen's own word for it on how much of a bad man he was.

"What are you doing here?" Kanbaru asked, the usual traces of her bubbly personality shoved to the wayside for now. For a brief moment as Kanbaru asked the seemingly simple question of him, Kaiki's expression softened. Almost as if it concerned him that Kanbaru were the one addressing him now instead of Koyomi.

201201220034345d8.jpg

The expression didn't last long however as he quickly resumed his stoic demeanor. But not before shooting a brief glower Koyomi's way. After doing so he focused his attention upon Kanbaru and her question of what he was doing around the shack. Holding up his hands to show he meant no harm, he spoke up.

"I'm here for the same reasons as I imagine you are. Pulled through a portal of some kind and dumped here. Like garbage being tossed into a trash bin. Unlike you and this group which seems to have accomplished nothing beyond sticking together in some shack, I've made good use out of my time. As you can clearly see." Kaiki gestured towards the variety of creatures standing behind him. "If you'd like to me leave as your friend here would, I'm afraid that's simply not an option. I refuse to leave until I understand what lead to me being brought here in the first place." That and bringing these creatures and weapons with him back home didn't sound like the easiest of tacks, would have been too much of a hassle.

"But if you're done dragging my name through the mud, I still have customers that need to be tended to."

120405_1.jpg

"Your dislike of me apparent and perhaps justified as it may be, you do raise a significant point. These creatures I'll admit I did not bring with me. They were roaming these woods, I suppose looking for someone to take them into their care. An authority figure or rather a 'master' if you will. It just so happened that I'd be the one to find them frolicking through the woods. They noticed me, I noticed them and we ended up working out a relationship that suited both of us. They would follow me and I'd give them homes to people who could think of better uses for them than I. I don't see what's wrong with that."

Before Kaiki could explain any further , someone had grabbed one of his swords and set themselves ablaze. Unfortunate. But nothing he couldn't handle. Making his way over to the blade, Kaiki sought to pick it up and frowned with a disdainful look upon his face.

"You shouldn't touch things without paying for them first." Perhaps this would be a nice lesson in teaching that. But as amusing as this may have been, it was still the work of an idiot who had touched his items without even asking Kaiki. He was still a potential customer however and so Kaiki looked over his shoulder at one of the creatures he had gathered. "You there. Someone's in need of aid." Snapping his fingers, the disturbing looking creature let out a horrid noise before making it's way forward.

The creature aimed one of it's many heads towards Meteo and prepared to fire out a stream of water as droplets could have been seen dripping from the creature's body and it's mouth. Enough to get rid of the flame and leave him soaked. But it also served the dual purpose of hopefully letting this boy think about what he had done and the consequences of such brash actions. But before it could do so, Jack had already taken quick action to help snuff out the flames. The elemental took it's place back among it's brethren and Kaiki nodded in it's direction. "Thank you."

As for the girl who had been stomping on Meteo's chest, Kaiki snapped his fingers once more to catch the attention of a Wolgon. As it sat up eagerly and looked to Kaiki with the same excited look that a dog might give it's owner when it wanted to play. Nudging his head in Zinnia's direction, the Wolgon happily bounded towards her and sat on it's behind gazing up at her.

"The Wolgon's yours. For a price just as all the other items/creatures I have in stock have one."

But he did shoot a glance Koyomi's way now that he'd shown how the creatures seemed to listen to him.

"I may not know where exactly these creatures hail from. Or whether or not they're oddities or something else entirely. But it's not exactly my job to question such things. They obey me and treat me as their master. I sell them to others who'd like them and I get my due. I'm aware of what I'm getting into."

2014081719011805b.jpg

"Karen-Chan's right! So what if these creatures just so happen to listen to you! What's to stop them from going wild on their new owners?" Kanbaru demanded an answer going so far as to jab Kaiki right in the side. The conman squirmed a bit from the touch and his expression seemed to falter slightly once more as Kanbaru got on the offensive. But he supposed that was just a valid a question as any that had been asked of him already. Tucking his hands into his pockets, he'd glance over at the Wolgon that had been given to Hatchan.

"Although these creatures may seem vicious and any wild animal should indeed be treated with caution. But in the short time I've spent with them, they've been nothing but obedient, mindful of what their owners ask of them, and don't seem like they'd pose much trouble to anyone but the enemies of their owners. Which just let me say is not me but if this forest holds creatures such as these? Who's to say what else might be lurking out there? Wouldn't you feel safer having some form of protection?"

Kanbaru narrowed her eyes and glanced over at Karen as she went on her own tirade in regards to Kaiki.

"Punching is usually a pretty go-to response for dealing with jerks! But before we get to that, I want to know! How did you even find us here at this shack anyway? I don't recall you popping in with the rest of us."

Kaiki merely pointed to someone standing way back in the crowd that had gathered around him and his merchandise.

"I admit I was lost for quite some time. I think I walked past the same tree more times than I'd like to recall. But then that man found me and my creatures and brought me back here thinking I'd be interested in meeting his friends."

f50bb70a-a0b5-4a2f-871d-5294eb803841.jpg

"Yup! That's me dood!"

Noticing the negative reception that Kaiki seemed to be getting from some of the people however, Soos looked around confused.

"Oh...Uh, did I goof up?"

tumblr_inline_myyjmcGjou1rv64lc.png

It was like seeing two sides of the same coin. One man seemed like a trained professional who knew his weapons. Probably more so than Kaiki did given that the conman's usual business didn't involve bows/swords/daggers. Then you had this other man who came to him asking for boxing gloves of all things??? For once Kaiki couldn't understand the thought process of this customer. What exactly would boxing gloves do in this environment?

Tucking away the gold coins and money Jack/Michiko had given him, Kaiki shrugged his shoulders.

"The bow seems like it'd suit a man like you. You're free to have it and no I do not have boxing gloves. I'm unsure of why I would.."

Kanbaru didn't like the idea of letting a guy like Kaiki just literally go about his business. But given that the alternatives were beating the crap out of him and looking like the bad guys for beating up a dude who couldn't fight back or just trying to ignore him, the latter seemed like it'd be better for them in the long run. Besides, like Araragi Senpai said if things started going bad? They had enough people to form the stereotypical angry mob to drive Kaiki out of here.

"..I don't like it but I trust your judgement, Araragi Senpai!"

Aran clicked his tongue, but he wouldn't let the lack of gloves phase him-heck, he only utilized them in the WVBA because he needed to wear them so his chea-er, um, techniques would be allowed. Rubbing his chin as he raised an eyebrow, Aran peered out over the fellow's wares, looking to see if any weapons would prove useful to him. "Well, you may not have boxing gloves...but perhaps you have something to help a poor old pugilist such as myself?"

Kaiki explained all while taking a nice big step back. If he wasn't going to be punched out by Karen, he certainly didn't need some other girl glomping onto him for no reason. She was still free to look at his wares for however long it suited her. But as it seemed she had already decided on what familiar/creature she'd be picking up? All that's left was the bartering.

"If you can't afford to pay for it yourself, that's fine. Your friend over there-Hideo I believe? You can pay for both your weapon and your friend's Catsune can't you?"
tumblr_o6cyik6wQU1v3qowuo5_100.png

"Oh Master~ Wiruko wants this kitty, and you gotta pay for your cool staff too!"

The virus turned over to face her "master," leaving him with little say in the matter. Well, suppose he'll get it out of the way now.

tumblr_o689o86Ez71v3qowuo6_100.png

"Fine fine fine... let me just see what I got here."

And what he had as pocket money as of now... Hideo found himself with an astounding 200 yen. Well, even with the fact that he was currently unemployed, Hideo still happened to get some sort of income from doing so badly in everything else. That's how much he couldn't get a stable job nowadays.

tumblr_o689t7k5RJ1v3qowuo1_100.png

"I believe that'll be enough to pay off my weapon and Wiruko's... kitty. Especially when that was all I had anyways..."

@T.O.M. @others​

"That certainly complicates matters. But I suppose money is money. It's not too often you get gold coins either. Whatever your 'world' uses is legal tender as far as I'm concerned. Anything beyond that is for me to worry about, not you." Kaiki said with a hand outstretched to accept the money. "However much you feel like giving out is fine by me. Though that's not to say you should be cheap. This animal is no average pet after all.."

Before Kaiki could seal the deal with Zinnia, Gilgamesh's boisterous tone rang out and Kaiki glanced towards him.

"Given that I've been paid so far in dollars and gold coins, I suppose either will do. As for the bow? I'd say a handful of gold coins wouldn't be asking to much now is it? That's what one of your colleagues doled out after all." Kaiki said pointing over to Jack. Speaking of gold coins, Inigo strolling over carrying what Kaiki could only assume to be a bag full of them caught his eye. "Gold for an axe and sword? I don't see why not."

Creep.

How quaint

"Far be from me to turn down someone willing to pay for the Grim Reaper himself. I'd say fifty should suffice to cover the cost for your animal and weapon. I hope you're satisfied with the final product."

"You don't gotta worry about a thing, Araragi-Senpai. It'll take a lot more than some shady junk peddler to get under my skin! I'll make doubly sure that he doesn't lay a finger on you, Karen-chan, or your adorable new Romanian sister!"

Giving Koyomi a firm slap on the back to show she was on board with his line of thinking, she flashed a smile his way. Kaiki showing up may have been both unexpected and unpleasant but Kanbaru wasn't going to let it get her down! She was still with two of her greatest friends! Be it Kaiki himself or any of his shady items/creatures, she wouldn't let harm come to any of them!

@Kaykay @Verite

char_90054.jpg

"My thanks good sir... Here is the payment.." Inigo spoke handing over the bag of gold. "These weapons... Are not so different from home... I wonder how Lon'qu will adapt to using a sword with fire...?" Inigo spoke to himself as he thought it all over.

Speaking of Lon'qu he was back to where Saber was. "That man..... I know him from somewhere..." he would speak not realizing he had said that out loud as he thought back to the hooded man from before.

@T.O.M.

tumblr_o2kbkoOEfb1rzus3mo2_1280.png

"Fuhihi- huh?"

Shinobu was being played with by Djeeta when Kanbaru popped into existence to question if she could have her turn.

"In a bit~ in a bit~"

"Huh, is that so? I think the goal is a few steps before that one, isn't it?" Karen questions, Karen questions.

"Only if you adopt~"

Just then...

kaiki-400x225.jpg

tumblr_o2kbkoOEfb1rzus3mo2_1280.png

"You know that guy, Kanbaru, Karen, Koyomi? And why does he assume we have a need for weapons when most of us clearly have- wait a second..." Djeeta gently hands Shinobu to Kanbaru. "Now it's your turn."

A cloak surrounded Djeeta as her outfit was altered in a matter of seconds.

Ya4r0p3.png

Djeeta tosses a gold piece into the air, before pointing her sword to it. "Huh? But how?" The gold piece simply smacks her right on the forehead, knocking her to the ground.

latest

Failed

"Ow ow ow ow ow..." Djeeta rubs her forehead as she sits on the ground. "Gran! I can't buff or debuff anymore! Or use 'Fire'!"

MXmA5gZ.png

"Yes, most of our skills are nonfunctional..."

latest

"... keyword being most. Mr... Ararararararararagi, am I right?" Gran turns towards Koyomi, "what do you know about this 'Kaiki' salesperson?"

Ya4r0p3.png

"I don't know, but he doesn't look very trustworthy... he doesn't even have the charisma I see Shero-chan donning everyday."

MXmA5gZ.png

"It's something else, Djeeta, it's something else..."

@Verite @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Hospes

Last edited:
Creep.

How quaint

Mandy curiously quirked one of her thick brows at the strange man, both at the price he gave, and the mannerisms expressed in his speech. Nevertheless, she handed the man his pay and turned to leave with her new staff in hand. Mandy didn't get very far before Grim and his new Wolgon caught up to her again and pulled her over for a word, "Mandy, when did you come into such wealth? I've never seen you with so much cash on-hand." he wondered aloud, to which Mandy quickly pulled him in and quieted him.

Taking a subtle glance at Kaiki from behind Grim's dark robe, she discreetly held up her wad of cash, only for it to disappear. Grim watched in a mix of awe and confusion, to which Mandy responded to by rattling her new staff around, "He called it the 'Staff of Illusion'." she explained with a most devious grin. Grim was quick to follow suit, "Connin' de conman...clever girl." Mandy managed an evil chuckle, "What can I say? I have a knack for exploiting idiocy. You given your new pet a name yet?" she asked, discontinuing her hushed tone to keep peoples' possible suspicions to a minimum. Grim stroked his chin quizzically, "Hmmm...ah!" he snapped his fingers, "I will name him Hati."

Mandy shrugged, "I would've named him Skoll."

"Clever girl indeed..." Grim murmured.

@T.O.M.

@Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Crimson Spartan
Ford opened his mouth wide, squinting at Gilgamesh. He seemed prepared to speak, but paused in that position for a moment, the gears in his head working something out. "... I'm afraid you've lost me. What do one of these games have to do with anything going on here? You were brought here by a mere fluke! Certainly not I or Lalonde here is out to put anyone through a game such as that."

"But," said Lalonde, her voice edged with concern. "The others bring up a good point, dear. If we can't be sure what has caused the missing powers, it is possible a third party is at work. Perhaps our mere chance event had an intentional hand behind it? It's still too early to say for sure, but I do know the kinds of games mentioned are becoming increasingly popular. Though, I'm not too clear on what an individual gets out of them..." The woman tapped at her scarf in thought, allowing the chaos that was the guests continue around her without comment. Like Gilgamesh, this wasn't her first rodeo either, but the situation here was certainly far different than her last experience. This time, she didn't have a clear mission objective.

85kCPQW.png

If an entity was behind this, just who out there would bother? It demanded a theory, and when Lalonde's eyes met Ford's, she saw the spark of one forming in his eyes. They were both individuals of science, each in tune with what the other was thinking. It had been comforting in the last few weeks, but not enough to sway the senior Lalonde's desire to get back to her work.

"True or not, it is something to think on for another day," said Ford, apparently shelving his theory for now. He opened his arms wide, gesturing to the guest handing out weapons and creatures.

ncuIiw1.png

"I will need one of those for my research!" he exclaimed.

@Gwazi Magnum @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @T.O.M. @Raven @york @IHAVELOSTTRACK

---

PnFO8Ng.png

Pearl groaned, raising a hand to rub at her face. Her fingers parted so that she could look upon this human who seemed so insistent on talking to her; she saw bright multicolored eyes framed by long black hair and clothing that made Pearl shudder at how unsymmetrical it dared to be. A shaky laugh escaped her at the mere absurdity of the situation-- a Pearl on its own, left to mingle in the wilderness with humans. "How can I not think about it?" she stammered, voice rising in pitch in tune with her fluctuating emotions. "It's disastrous! This can't be solved by simply sitting here and talking." She lowered her hand and turned on the girl, squinting in suspicion at her. Who was this eccentric and why was she giving Pearl any amount of attention?

"I don't even know where we are. Do you?" At least she said we, as Pearl was at least aware by the mood around her that she wasn't the only one lost and confused. "... Light. I am a Pearl and that's what they call me back home. I am a Crystal Gem, and I--" Pearl cut herself off with an exasperated noise. She turned away from Light and looked glumly toward the tree line surrounding the shack. "... Who I am doesn't matter here. This isn't where I'm supposed to be. I'm supposed to be with... with my friends. Now, if you can't help me get back to them, then..."

Pearl sighed and looked down at her hands. "... Then please, leave me alone."

@Gossamer

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi

Creep.

How quaint

@Kaykay @Verite

She-Hulk would cock an eyebrow at all of this buying of weapons. "So am I the only one that finds it super shady that we get dropped in the middle of nowhere without our powers and then a random guy just casually drops by and start selling us creatures and weapons?"

Shulkie7_zps4aazuspb.png

"Sorry but that's a hard pass from me. Do you even have a permit for all of this?"

"Forget about that! He's stealin' my costumers!" Stan would've reacted to all of the commotion. Someone selling something on his property? Outrage! "If you're goin' to sell your knickknacks and what's is on my property I expect at least a 50% provision from you."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Cromartie Sarkissian @T.O.M.

"RGB."

He kept his voice even and measured as he repeated his name for the bloke. Dreadfully rude, cutting off an otherwise completely passable introduction. And he hadn't seen Hero either. Splendid. The feeling of futility grew in the telly-head's chest. Oh, she better not be getting into trouble, or he would get an earful from everyone on all sides...

RGB either didn't notice Cloud's apprehension towards him, or he didn't care. And even if he did care, he didn't mind. Most people didn't trust RGB, and frankly he'd deem it unwise for anyone to immediately put their faith in him at first brush. Heaven's sake, even Hero admitted she didn't trust him. He was, after all, the very worst monster.

In responding to Cloud's more pressing suggestion, however, he put on another smile. "I suppose travel could have it's merits..."

Ah, yes. The shack. That ramshackle abode just beyond the reach of the trees. RGB wasn't about to be a stickler for finery (he wasn't in the position to be much of a stickler for anything), but he didn't appreciate the look of the place. It was the look of a place that someone didn't care enough to spend the pennies repairing, rubbing to him like it was some...Some grubby tourist trap. He could only ponder what 'mysteries' were behind the splintering wood, and what...Ahem...Tchotchkes and memorabilia were around.

What he was trying to say was, the second someone took notice of his peculiar nature and tried to market him like an interesting artifact on an antiques roadshow, he was out.

Clarence had already left in it's direction, and he had to trust in them that his doubts were without merit. So, in a testament to his remarkable ability to completely mask his fear and cowardice, he turned the corners of his mouth up for the grin of someone with a lust for discovering new locales and new strangers. Despite his facade, however, some colors were still dripping from his mouth.

"Hurry along, then. Spit-spot. Let's go." He beckoned to Cloud with the top of his cane, but RGB still held onto it with both hands as he went off to follow Clarence.

[ @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Gossamer ]​
hEmRywC.jpg

Empathy shot right into Light, her bones, her very soul, and for a moment she was as much of a wreck as the woman unfortunately was.

"Well, goodness." She began. "I certainly wish you were. Let's try not to think about how bad the problem is, and get to solving it instead. Does that sound like a good idea?"

Light leaned her face in towards the woman, obstructing her vision, only allowing her to see the vibrant, cheeky, teeth-as-white-as-diamonds smile on her face. "What's your name, friend? Everyone back home calls me Light, so I suppose you could call me that too. What do they call you back home?"

Although there was an uproar of confusion and inane happenings all around them, Light focused all her attention on getting the nervous wreck before her in a better mood, even if it put her in a sour one herself. This was now the girls priority, whether the woman liked it or not.

[ @Atomyk ]

QVXxWsp.jpg

Gentleman. Spit-spot. Bunch of scholars the two must have been, at least Cloud assumed as much. Back home, you fought with either your words or your weapons, and if you didn't fight at all, you were dead. Traditionally, those that fought with their words were in charge of the ones that fought with weapons, which was mainly what made Cloud so uneasy in the first place. One slip up and the two would have him on the chopping block, or so he assumed.

Again, the guy just missed his weapons. He'd calm down once they were found. And if not, well...

"Right." He said, in response to the two gentleman before him. Cloud walked alongside Clarence, just to be safe.

The Mystery Shack was bustling with chaos. If Cloud thought RGB was strange, he was only in for an even more eccentric ride. Even so, there was no clear sign of any danger, just commotion, so that was good thing. Or, well, it should be a good thing.

"Is this some kind of festival? Who....or....what are all these people...things....what is this place?"

What immediately caught Clouds attention was the shady fellow with a wide variety of not only weapons, but familiars. It was a godsend. There were several others crowded around the merchant. He prayed the guy wouldn't sell out so quickly, and there would be something, anything left he could use to defend himself. Immediately the young man began to pat himself down, searching for his pouch.

Twenty pieces of Silver. It was all he had on him. If it wasn't enough, maybe he could exchange his services for a weapon. Mercenary work was tedious, but it was a line of profession Cloud was more than familiar with.

That was, after all, how he met Light.

"Look, over there." Cloud gestured towards the merchant, or, at least what he assumed to be a merchant.

"The lines going to get long." He turned towards his newfound acquaintances. "I can meet you inside, or we could all get something to defend ourselves together." Briskly, without waiting for an answer, Cloud crossed towards the merchant amongst the rest of the strangers looking to defend themselves.

"Excuse me." He began, trying to get Kaiki's attention as kindly as he could. "You wouldn't happen to have any katana's for sale? Or maybe revolvers? Or smoke bombs?" It was highly unlikely the man had anything Cloud was searching for, but he had to ask.

[ @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Lissamel @T.O.M. @All ]
To Clarence, the shack looked decent enough. Surely, living in a big city, well, big for 1894, timber houses in this style weren't particularly common, though not the slightest futuristic. As a matter of fact, it had still passed Clarence over the head that he wasn't in his time anymore. Besides, trees were timeless.

As for the aesthetic state of the building, Clarence wasn't too picky. Surely, while he in more recent times kept himself close to the sort of company higher up in society, the buildings of which were of the finer sort, the ragged alleys of Spite and the webbed roofs of the Flit were as common targets to his travels across the city.

Like with Cloud, the wide variety of characters around and in the shack got Clarence's attention. The group he tried to distance himself from before, considering their strangeness. Something that peaked his interest, however, was how a nice share of the people and… beings, were gathered around a stern-looking man, dealing out weapons and even stranger, though seemingly powerful creatures. Noticing Cloud's enthusiasm about buying something, he considered following. Not that his smooth-talking wasn't weapon enough alone, but he could use some force, was he ever faced with inevitable fighting. You know, or something else that required muscle.

Deciding for a minor detour, he first wanted to alert RGB about this. He was not going to simply leave this dignified gentleman in the middle of searching for clues. "I am unaware of your intentions to do so, though I find myself attracted towards this merchant dealing out weapons. I'd be delighted if you could excuse my derailing."

Giving RGB an apologetic bow, he walked in direction of Kaiki, picking out a small bag of a multitude of different coins. With the bag in his hands, he eyed the different things for sale. He wanted something that could assist in not just manners of battle, but also aid him with the physical strength he lacked. There were strange creatures indeed, but few overcame the group of long-necked creatures, whose bodies otherwise were unknown of. Especially the one seemingly made out of rock caught Clarence's eyes. It strikingly reminded him of a Clay man.

[padding]
[padding](img)Simply buy it.

He had money. Perhaps, if he turned on the charm, he'd let him buy it for a little less than the sale price? Clarence considered it, doing so would merely be a modest challenge for someone like him. Though, he wouldn't go ahead before he considered every alternative.

[/padding]

[padding](img)Steal the… dragon?

He had money, but wasn't sure if he'd accept his currencies. Although, he looked scarily alert, and you can't easily sneak away with a creature of that size. This plan seemed more chancy in his eyes, perhaps not even worth it.

[/padding]

[padding](img)Do without for now.

Indeed, abandoning him entirely, going back to his investigation was also an alternative. He could easily pick up the dragon later, once he had gotten a few more answers.

[/padding]

[/padding]

Though some hard-headed assistance, some labourer with a spine, was impossible to tell when would be useful. He'd best go ahead and buy one. Plus he didn't want to get on the wrong side of the law this early in coming here.

Unsure where to place himself in the crowd, as not to provoke or insult, he planted his feet more towards the back. A gentleman was never afraid to wait. In the meantime he counted over his money, making sure he at least had a decent amount of money available.

[@Lissamel @Gossamer @T.O.M.]

She-Hulk would cock an eyebrow at all of this buying of weapons. "So am I the only one that finds it super shady that we get dropped in the middle of nowhere without our powers and then a random guy just casually drops by and start selling us creatures and weapons?"

Shulkie7_zps4aazuspb.png

"Sorry but that's a hard pass from me. Do you even have a permit for all of this?"

"Forget about that! He's stealin' my costumers!" Stan would've reacted to all of the commotion. Someone selling something on his property? Outrage! "If you're goin' to sell your knickknacks and what's is on my property I expect at least a 50% provision from you."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Cromartie Sarkissian @T.O.M.
MXmA5gZ.png

"I do not think you are, by any capacity, Miss," Gran turns to She-Hulk. Wait, what's a permit? Turning back to Araragi and the others, he asks, "so, tell me, am I paying more than just material items?"

His next action would look like A-1's attempt at animating a SHAFT headtilt.

Ya4r0p3.png

"You have to admit though, this cat thing is... oh~ it looks like you, Gran~!"

MXmA5gZ.png

"Careful Djeeta, he might have a 'you-touch-you-buy' policy- oh boy."

Ya4r0p3.png

Djeeta, with a flaming sword in hand, waves it about. "Well, my Sword of Suzaku isn't working anymore... and I'm not too good with my swordsmanship... say Mister, what does this thing do?"

@Jeremi @T.O.M. @Verite @Kaykay

Last edited:
Thor Prologue: A Distant Realm
tumblr_mipw2i7JJQ1qij27do1_500.gif

The son of Odin stood up, heaving his muscular frame up off of the ground. What a bizarre realm he had just landed in. The transportation to this place must have hit him harder than most of the others-perhaps it had an ill effect on Asgardians?
Everything was extraordinarily bright and colourful. His surroundings seemed to be Midgardian, which at least partly cheered Thor's heart. As much as he enjoyed exploring the Nine Realms, he always felt uneasy if a place did not seem to fit into any of them. Talking of uneasiness, Thor could feel another strange sensation-weakness. He felt an unusual lightness in his hand-Mjolnir was gone! The loss of Thor's mystical mallet was always a cause of concern, but considering his sudden arrival, he could feel that dark forces were at play.

His father, Odin had recently informed Thor of a series of disappearances concerning a 'Multiverse'-with his brother Loki and Lady Sif among the missing. Thor had not understood what a multiverse was-Stark, Jane, Erik Selveig-they were men and women of science, but Odin had described it thus.
Imagine, my boy, a great tree, similar to our world tree. But unlike it, the tree can expand infinitely, with each branch sprouting twigs, and those twigs sprouting leaves. Each of these is a possibility-a choice made, or perhaps ignored.

But for now, Thor had bigger concerns-but his fears were assuaged by the sight of two mortals who were familiar to him. One was Steven Roger's ward, Bucky, and the other was She-Hulk. Thor was not exactly close to either of them, but had heard great tales of them. They were Avengers, and that bond could surely follow those infinite branches his father had described.
He approached them.
"Friends, heroes. I doth stand reassured that The Avengers have followed me to this strange realm. Surely, the three of us shall uncover whatever madness bought us here. But worry not!' he smiled. "Such adventure is a time for bonding, for revelry! For hunting and feasting! A quest!" He held that smile for a while, nodding, trying to look assured. "Have I...missed anything?"
@Hospes @Jeremi @Cromartie Sarkissian

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

Shulkie7_zps4aazuspb.png

Creep.

How quaint

@Kaykay @Verite

"I'll pass" Barnes raised his metallic arm, throwing a dead stare towards the salesman. Why would he need to waste time compensating for a new weapon, when he had the strength match them at the end of his shoulder?
l2JJtl93RXqK8H6uY.gif

But she-hulk was right- something was up with this man. How did he gain access to so much magic? Why was he selling his produce so freely? It just raised too many questions..
----
"Thor?" Bucky muttered, turning to face the Asgardian "You're here too?" It had been so long since the two had last met. Barnes had been carrying the identity of Captain America back then, trying to fill the boots that never would fit. The two men were co-leaders of the Avengers for a time...Before things...changed.....

@Mighty Roman
@T.O.M.
@Jeremi
@Hospes

MXmA5gZ.png

"I do not think you are, by any capacity, Miss," Gran turns to She-Hulk. Wait, what's a permit? Turning back to Araragi and the others, he asks, "so, tell me, am I paying more than just material items?"

His next action would look like A-1's attempt at animating a SHAFT headtilt.

Ya4r0p3.png

"You have to admit though, this cat thing is... oh~ it looks like you, Gran~!"

MXmA5gZ.png

"Careful Djeeta, he might have a 'you-touch-you-buy' policy- oh boy."

Ya4r0p3.png

Djeeta, with a flaming sword in hand, waves it about. "Well, my Sword of Suzaku isn't working anymore... and I'm not too good with my swordsmanship... say Mister, what does this thing do?"

@Jeremi @T.O.M. @Verite @Kaykay
"Well in this case a weapons permit, not everyone can sell weapons, much less on other peoples property."

"Hahaha! Yeah! I like this gal!"

"Please don't call me gal."

"Duly noted!"

Thor Prologue: A Distant Realm
tumblr_mipw2i7JJQ1qij27do1_500.gif

The son of Odin stood up, heaving his muscular frame up off of the ground. What a bizarre realm he had just landed in. The transportation to this place must have hit him harder than most of the others-perhaps it had an ill effect on Asgardians?
Everything was extraordinarily bright and colourful. His surroundings seemed to be Midgardian, which at least partly cheered Thor's heart. As much as he enjoyed exploring the Nine Realms, he always felt uneasy if a place did not seem to fit into any of them. Talking of uneasiness, Thor could feel another strange sensation-weakness. He felt an unusual lightness in his hand-Mjolnir was gone! The loss of Thor's mystical mallet was always a cause of concern, but considering his sudden arrival, he could feel that dark forces were at play.

His father, Odin had recently informed Thor of a series of disappearances concerning a 'Multiverse'-with his brother Loki and Lady Sif among the missing. Thor had not understood what a multiverse was-Stark, Jane, Erik Selveig-they were men and women of science, but Odin had described it thus.
Imagine, my boy, a great tree, similar to our world tree. But unlike it, the tree can expand infinitely, with each branch sprouting twigs, and those twigs sprouting leaves. Each of these is a possibility-a choice made, or perhaps ignored.

But for now, Thor had bigger concerns-but his fears were assuaged by the sight of two mortals who were familiar to him. One was Steven Roger's ward, Bucky, and the other was She-Hulk. Thor was not exactly close to either of them, but had heard great tales of them. They were Avengers, and that bond could surely follow those infinite branches his father had described.
He approached them.
"Friends, heroes. I doth stand reassured that The Avengers have followed me to this strange realm. Surely, the three of us shall uncover whatever madness bought us here. But worry not!' he smiled. "Such adventure is a time for bonding, for revelry! For hunting and feasting! A quest!" He held that smile for a while, nodding, trying to look assured. "Have I...missed anything?"
@Hospes @Jeremi @Cromartie Sarkissian
Another Avenger fell into their lap, but wait. "Aren't you supposed to be a woman right now? Man time travel different universes some times I forget how hard it's to keep everything in check!"

She'd then try to recount what had happen. "Welcome to Gravity Falls Thor! One of the most backwater towns you've ever visited. We were pulled here because of something and now we're trying to figure out what. Oh we're also powerless so that's another thing. Other than that everything's surprisingly fine."

"I'll pass" Barnes raised his metallic arm, throwing a dead stare towards the salesman. Why would he need to waste time compensating for a new weapon, when he had the strength match them at the end of his shoulder?
l2JJtl93RXqK8H6uY.gif

But she-hulk was right- something was up with this man. How did he gain access to so much magic? Why was he selling his produce so freely? It just raised too many questions..
----
"Thor?" Bucky muttered, turning to face the Asgardian "You're here too?" It had been so long since the two had last met. Barnes had been carrying the identity of Captain America back then, trying to fill the boots that never would fit. The two men were co-leaders of the Avengers for a time...Before things...changed.....

@Mighty Roman
@T.O.M.
@Jeremi
@Hospes

"Hey as far as team-ups go this isn't half bad. The Sensational She-Hulk! The Might Thor! And the...Bold Bucky? I'll get back to you on that adjective."

@Mighty Roman @T.O.M. @Crow @Cromartie Sarkissian @Josh M@Hospes

• Useful
Reactions: Atomyk
UmGiN4E.png

"Come now, Stanley, no need to nickel and dime travellers from across space and time! I'm sure this merchant is an upstanding gentleman who only wishes to provide for others in their time of need." Ford smiled and looked to Ms. Lalonde for her take on the situation, but the woman wasn't looking his way, her head down and her thoughts elsewhere. He shrugged at her aloof behaviour and turned back to the lively bunch around him. "In any case, it seems a bit much to pull all this together for some kind of... scam. Unless, of course, the need arises down the line for these weapons to be of great use to us... then I would say you have cause for concern!"

"... Better safe than sorry," was all Lalonde could offer.

@Mighty Roman @T.O.M. @Crow @Cromartie Sarkissian @Josh M @Hospes @Jeremi

UmGiN4E.png

"Come now, Stanley, no need to nickel and dime travellers from across space and time! I'm sure this merchant is an upstanding gentleman who only wishes to provide for others in their time of need." Ford smiled and looked to Ms. Lalonde for her take on the situation, but the woman wasn't looking his way, her head down and her thoughts elsewhere. He shrugged at her aloof behaviour and turned back to the lively bunch around him. "In any case, it seems a bit much to pull all this together for some kind of... scam. Unless, of course, the need arises down the line for these weapons to be of great use to us... then I would say you have cause for concern!"

"... Better safe than sorry," was all Lalonde could offer.

@Mighty Roman @T.O.M. @Crow @Cromartie Sarkissian @Josh M @Hospes @Jeremi

"Look I know there's something fishy about him. Just look at him! Not to mention the fact that he doesn't have to pay the bills to keep this shack goin'. So unless I don't get a provision from him for the more than generous offer to sell his wares next to my house he'd have to go off property."

Stan would point into the most scariest part of the woods. "Which I think is more than reasonable." He'd fold his arms and put on his most grumpy man face to try and get a reaction one way or another.

He gave the Bow of Ice one more look over before looking up, the cigarette hanging off his mouth as he nodded at Kaiki. "Thanks." Golgo said before walking away from him, not before taking the quiver of arrows over his shoulder, Golgo carried the Bow in his left hand. Something suspicious about that guy, not the weapon, but just his look. Golgo didn't care much for so as he kept walking, the dried blood on his head didn't affect his stance at all or his posture, throwing the cigarette under his foot, as Golgo approached the woman who Aran was heckling. His serious demeanour dropped a little bit as Golgo extended his hand.

Golgo2.jpg

"Are you alright?"
@Gossamer

Hm, this Gilgamesh guy really didn't have any idea. Gravity Falls was the weirdness hotspot, and that had nothing to do with her! Her attention was grabbed more intensely by Max and Inigo. The twelve-year-old nodded in answer to the former, eagerly. "Yeah - I bet Soos is around by now, and he'll definitely know where he is."

...Unless he really was missing: a possibility that Mabel shuddered to so much as think about.

All of the help she was being offered was most definitely appreciated. And people wondered why the girl had so much faith in others. How could she not, with how well she was treated by even complete strangers? Even so, it wasn't lifting the girl's mood terribly much. Something was definitely wrong - it was like she had some sort of magical twin sense, and it felt like Dipper wasn't anywhere nearby. Perhaps this was why it was all Mabel could do to offer Ford a weak smile as he placed his six-fingered hand on her shoulder and assured her that they'd find Dipper. Looking up to him with an almost expectant look in her eyes, Mabel held out a fist. "Promise?"

Before she could get a response from her Grunkle, the female's attention was caught by something else: Gilgamesh's long little explanation about what was going on. And suddenly, she paled. She didn't understand bits and pieces, but even she understood how he explained that people died every day. And, more prominently, what was said about outsiders dying. Her eye twitched slightly, her hand falling from where it'd been held out and her body frozen in place. Normally, she'd assume this was some sort of lame joke, but the timing was impeccable. "...C'mon, you shouldn't joke like that!" the girl finally spoke, lightly punching Gilgamesh on the arm. She needed to take this in a joking manner - otherwise, she'd lose it. "I.. I'm gonna go outside...." she muttered, slowly backing away before running out the door. She didn't have time to wait for the others to help her - she'd do this on her own if she had to!

@Takumi @Atomyk @Crimson Spartan @Trumpwaku @Yang Lee @york @Melon @Raven

kaiki-400x225.jpg

"...What an unfortunate set of circumstances."

So said the shady conartist who had found himself wandering some forest in what he could only assume to be America going off the language and the general mannerisms of the people he encountered. What a day for Kaiki Deishuu.

Things had been going relatively smoothly or about as smooth as things can for someone of Kaiki's unique 'disposition.'

Having sold some of his counterfeit charms to some very pleased customers, Kaiki was content to simply let back and let the cash multiply itself. As the weeks went on and more and more people heard about his wares, that pile of money began to grow bigger and bigger and while Kaiki's demeanor didn't change, he was indeed quite pleased with how well sales had been going. At least now that he didn't have a certain young girl coming over and threatening to punch him.

That's right no bold or dramatic speeches. Just to give Kaiki a good ol punch right in the kisser.

He couldn't quite get on board with this course of action and took steps against it. Which resulted in the would be-puncher laying in bed with a high fever while her older brother worried sick over her. Eventually things seemed to work themselves out but Kaiki's business had taken a hit from the brief interference.

But he hadn't gone and made a name for himself just because he was a novice. Given some time he was back on the market selling to people who hopefully wouldn't allow for anything to be traced back to him. But even for someone with Kaiki's knack for getting out of tight situations, even he couldn't have prepared for what happened as he sat at his desk looking over his money.

"...Hm. Something doesn't seem right."

He had counted his money two times over and ended up coming with the amount he expected to have. But even so there was an uncomfortable presence in the room and it didn't sit well with the conman. Rising from his seat, Kaiki slowly gazed around the entirety of his office. No signs of any would-be heroes coming to punch him. But as he slowly turned around to put his money away, his eyes shot open as a portal appeared on the wall behind his desk and pulled him in.

Landing on his rear, Kaiki stared up at the sky and contemplated whatever could have been behind pulling him away from his office and everything that lay within it. Had karma finally caught up to him?

Monogatari%20Second%20Season%20-%2026%20-%2028.jpg

..No. Such fickle things as karma and the like certainly had nothing to do with him being pulled through some kind of mysterious portal and landing in some random forest. Brushing himself off, Kaiki reached for his cell phone only to see that it'd been broken in the fall.

"...Unfortunate."

Pocketing the phone so he could get a refund for it later when he got everything sorted out, he continued trekking forward. He certainly wouldn't get anywhere quick if he just stood around like a dolt expecting all of the answers to come rushing towards him. What he would find however was something he would have never expected.

"Interesting..."

*some inane amount of time spent walking later*

"..So."

"..So."

"...How much ya charging for the three headed unicorn?"

"I'm afraid I have little interest in bargaining with you."

latest

Kaiki had found some rather strange items while wandering around looking for assistance. Not having any of his usual oddities/charms on him but having little use for the items himself, Kaiki figured making a few extra bucks wouldn't be too much of a hassle. His search for business however lead him into running into a man by the name of Soos Ramirez who took sympathy to Kaiki's plight and lead the man to do business out in front of the shack! But despite Kaiki's rather blunt insistence to the contrary, Soos was eager to get one of these bad boys in his collection.

"C'mon dood! You cannot tell me that ain't Bigfoot you got there! That is totally Bigfoot! I've got two friends who'd love to see him!"

155489.jpg

"...I'm afraid I must correct you there, sir. This is not Bigfoot but Pigfoot. It'll help for marketing purposes and friends or not, I'm trying to run a business here and you seem to be disrupting that."

Putting a hand up to his chin, Soos shook his head in silent contemplation. This guy sure knew how to drive a hard bargain.

"..Okay, okay. How about two Pigfoots and a triple headed unicorn, dood? That sweeten the deal any, eh eh?"

"..Sigh."

"Soos!"

Oh, thank goodness! He couldn't have had better timing. To be frank, Mabel didn't even notice the odd assortment of creatures and weapons in the possession of the stranger that Soos was speaking to - from the weird wolf dragon, to the odd-looking cat, or even the weird creatures seemingly composed of elements. Not even the flaming sword, odd daggers, icy bow, weird staff, or the axe that seemed to crackle with electricity. No, she was too caught up in tackling Soos, holding onto his arm as though for dear life. "Soos, my man - where's Dipper? He's with you, right?" There was a gasp as Mabel more or less climbed around on the man. "He turned himself invisible, didn't he?!"

Note: Players may now receive their weapons/familiars from Kaiki

@C.T. as Hank Pym[Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes]
@DapperDogman as Sans[Undertale AU] and Fox[You're Next]
@T.O.M. as Ougi Oshino and Kanbaru Suruga[Monogatari]
@Crow as Gran and Djeeta[Granblue Fantasy]
@Verite as Koyomi Araragi and Shinobu Oshino[Monogatari]
@Kaykay as Karen Araragi[Monogatari]
@PRINCE⚫JUSTIN⚫PERFECTION™ as Maleficent[Maleficent]
@Mighty Roman as Thor Odinson[Marvel]
@The Tactician as Samurai Jack[Samurai Jack]
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword as Clarence Irawn[Fallen London]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Alex Mercer[Prototype]
@Bomb as Meteo[L]
@CookieMonster as River Tam[Firefly] and Jessica Jones[Jessica Jones]
@Jeremi as Jennifer Walters aka She-Hulk[Marvel Comics] and Rainbow Mika[Street Fighter]
@Atomyk as Pearl[Steven Universe]
@Gummi Bunnies as Hideo Kawamura and Will.CO21 "Wiruko"[Sentou Jousai Masurawo]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Lorekeeper Zinnia and Aster the Whismur[Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire]
@Melon as Hanzō Urushihara AKA Lucifer[Hataraku Maou-sama!]
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu[Fire Emblem Awakening/Murder Games] and Inigo[Fire Emblem Awakening]
@york as Max Caulfield[Life is Strange]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Jack Joyce[Quantum Break]
@Krieg as Lena "Tracer" Oxton[Overwatch]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lincoln Campbell[Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D] and Thomas "Tommy" Merlyn[Arrow]
@Lissamel as RGB[The Property of Hate]
@The Silver Paladin as Sam Winchester and Dean Winchester[Supernatural]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Duke Togo[Golgo 13] and Michaelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti[Flashpoint]
@Ringmaster as Roman Torchwick[RWBY]
@TheColourlessRainbow as Edward Elric[Fullmetal Alchemist]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as James 'Bucky' Barnes[MCU]
@Gwazi Magnum as Gilgamesh[Fate Series]
@Yang Lee as LeShawna[Total Drama]
@Raven as Uncle Chan and Jade Chan[Jackie Chan Adventures]
@Takumi as Michiko Malandro and Hana "Hatchin" Morenos[Michiko and Hatchin]
@Josh M as Enzo Amore and Colin "Big Cass" Cassady[WWE Kafabe]
@Yun Lee as Aran Ryan[Punch-Out!!!]
@Mr.Scales ⚖ as Damon Salvatore[Vampire Diaries]
@Nater Taters as Kirby[Kirby Franchise]
@Gossamer as Cloud and Light[Original Characters]
@BarrenThin as Artorias[Dark Souls]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Grim and Mandy[The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy]

Thanks to @T.O.M. for this collabish thing <3 He is also the one you should tag for Kaiki!

Sam and Dean Winch- I mean, Agents McCarthy and Miller stepped towards the man, and showed their badges again.

"We'll take a Fire sword." Dean said.

Sam stepped forward. "I'll have an Ice Bow."

@T.O.M. @Anyone

No one noticed when Uncle had moved a hand over Jade's mouth the next moment when she planned to speak. He wanted her to remain quiet so he could try and understand what was going on here. He didn't like the fact they were dragged her from some portal that in it's self meant dark forces were probable in the works. Finally he had released Jade who remained quiet now a bit confused and wishing to question Uncle more than the others now. Uncle placed his hand on his chin for a moment. He had been looking at those who seemed to be from here. Uncle stated quiet however as if planning what he would say. Then finally he had it. "Why are you offering us these weapons?" Uncle asked to start his questions. "One more thing, weapons I have often seen may have special abilitiessss. Such as magical abilities. One more thing we all don't really know you so how do we know you don't plan to use these things for the dark forces of evil?" Uncle asked. He then looked to Jade. Which he didn't realize when she had moved closer to the man. "I will like to look at them and make sure to rid them of any evil. If that is alright." He said obviously a suspicious man of himself.

Jade who had moved closer smiled. "Hey if your giving away pets, I'd like a small one that will fit in my bag possible?" She offered with a grin. "So my uncle will never see them." Jade opened the bag and looked trying to see a small animal or something to take and pt in her bag to hide from her Uncle who because of Jackie isn't allowed to let her have fun. Jade also figured with his dark magic talk he probable would say no anyways.

@Atomyk @Hospes @Jeremi @Crow @Josh M @Others

"The lines going to get long." He turned towards his newfound acquaintances. "I can meet you inside, or we could all get something to defend ourselves together." Briskly, without waiting for an answer, Cloud crossed towards the merchant amongst the rest of the strangers looking to defend themselves.
"I am unaware of your intentions to do so, though I find myself attracted towards this merchant dealing out weapons. I'd be delighted if you could excuse my derailing."
Oh, bloody typical. Hadn't known each other for more than a few hours and already his travelling companions were gallivanting off on their own. RGB let out a little staticy sigh, looking around at the hubbub surrounding the shack. More humans, it seemed. That was good (he wasn't dealing with anything he didn't already know about) and bad (he was sticking out like a sore thumb). But if he was lucky, nobody would cause too much of a fuss.

The monster seemed to be moving from one marketplace to another, so he took a moment to examine the wares both Cloud and Clarence were so eager to see. Weaponry, mostly. No shields, and no vials of dreams either. Actually, nothing he could throw with any sort of efficiency. RGB was not a close-range fighter. There were some animals for sale too, but RGB wasn't a fan of pets on the best of days, the last thing he wanted was something cat-like curling up on the top of his telly-head and causing an excess of static.

Hm. There was a sort of golden staff. Taller than his own cane, but still certainly pretty-looking. He sort of liked it, and if worst came to worst he could probably throw it like a lance. Although...

"Pardon me, sir?"

wdCvDL

"While I'm sure you're trying to run a legitimate business, it seems I'm...Er, out of any conventional currency. Do you trade? I've got colors, of course...As well as..."

He looked at the cane in his hands, letting out an exhale. He supposed he could give it up, even if he didn't particularly want to. Carrying two stick-like things might be a little tedious. He tilted it out to indicate it was one thing, and then he paused, taking a finger and pulling at the hem of one of his gloves to indicate that was up too. He could get another. And he wasn't about to steal money from his new companions. RGB was many things, and a leech was not one of them. Oh, even if it would have cost even more pints of color, he should have bought more dreams from Madras...

God, he hoped nobody was looking. Bartering with a salesman in another land. What an indignity this was.

[ @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Gossamer @T.O.M. @Whoever else ]​

Oh, bloody typical. Hadn't known each other for more than a few hours and already his travelling companions were gallivanting off on their own. RGB let out a little staticy sigh, looking around at the hubbub surrounding the shack. More humans, it seemed. That was good (he wasn't dealing with anything he didn't already know about) and bad (he was sticking out like a sore thumb). But if he was lucky, nobody would cause too much of a fuss.

The monster seemed to be moving from one marketplace to another, so he took a moment to examine the wares both Cloud and Clarence were so eager to see. Weaponry, mostly. No shields, and no vials of dreams either. Actually, nothing he could throw with any sort of efficiency. RGB was not a close-range fighter. There were some animals for sale too, but RGB wasn't a fan of pets on the best of days, the last thing he wanted was something cat-like curling up on the top of his telly-head and causing an excess of static.

Hm. There was a sort of golden staff. Taller than his own cane, but still certainly pretty-looking. He sort of liked it, and if worst came to worst he could probably throw it like a lance. Although...

"Pardon me, sir?"

wdCvDL

"While I'm sure you're trying to run a legitimate business, it seems I'm...Er, out of any conventional currency. Do you trade? I've got colors, of course...As well as..."

He looked at the cane in his hands, letting out an exhale. He supposed he could give it up, even if he didn't particularly want to. Carrying two stick-like things might be a little tedious. He tilted it out to indicate it was one thing, and then he paused, taking a finger and pulling at the hem of one of his gloves to indicate that was up too. He could get another. And he wasn't about to steal money from his new companions. RGB was many things, and a leech was not one of them. Oh, even if it would have cost even more pints of color, he should have bought more dreams from Madras...

God, he hoped nobody was looking. Bartering with a salesman in another land. What an indignity this was.

[ @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Gossamer @T.O.M. @Whoever else ]​
Quite the terrible occasion, wasn't it? Here Clarence stood, politely in line, well, somewhere outside the crowd, before which he had politely apologized to his recently acquired companion RGB about going for a weapon, and yet the television man was utterly clearly disappointed. Dreadful. He didn't want him to feel like that. But how could a regular human person like him ever assist in making this fellow sir's day better?

Oh, how quaint. He was in for buying something from the merchant as well. He could use that. By any chance he appeared not to have any payment either. What a delightful opportunity. Clarence took a long step forward, standing next to RGB.

"Do not worry, dearest RGB. What kind of person am I if I let an aquaintance of mine stand here, deprived of forms of payment?" Taking a quick glance into his coin pouch, he then turned his face to the stern man. "One of your ornate staffs, sir, and a stone dragon to go with it. Do you accept payment in pounds? Francs? Piasters?"

Inside his bag were coins of just about all european currencies, gathered thanks to the network of spies that work both in London and all across neighbouring countries. What he was at an annoying lack of, however, was dollars. Although, considering the notable age of the coins, that would hopefully be of little matter.

[@Lissamel @T.O.M.]

Status
Not open for further replies.