• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm trying to put the fire out! Do you want to burn to death!?" Zinnia exclaimed.

Damn, why couldn't Meteo have been like Daenerys Targaryen or something?

She continued to stomp on him, glancing to Kirby and flailing her arms when he came over. "Do something to help! We need to put out this fire or this guy is toast..."

Zinnia snickered.

"...literally."

But, thankfully, Kirby didn't need to help. Jack seemed to have it under control. Zinnia stepped back, allowing him to help. "Wooooow, I need to get me some of that!"

@Bomb @Nater Taters @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Anybody​
"I believe there are more blankets such as this nearby, my friend."

200_s.gif

"I believe there are more blankets such as this nearby, my friend."

200_s.gif

"Do you think this place accepts pokédollars?" Zinnia asked. "Oh to heck with it. I'll just steal one. I'm not afraid to take what I want," she added, snickering mischievously with a glint in her red eyes.

mS8XdKG.png

Before Jack could scold her about how stealing was dishonorable--or something of the like--she sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "Only kidding! Don't start yelling at me again," she said with a laugh.​

tumblr_inline_n7xx0wnrHa1sig565.png

"Exactly! He's just a stupid conman! Everyone should just throw this junk right back at him!"

Indeed, neither she nor her brother had had the greatest experience dealing with this shady looking man. She'd already tried confronting him once, and it just ended with her getting sick...somehow. She was never really clear on that. In the end, her brother had convinced her to let him handle it, and she hadn't seen him since.

Yet here he was in America, just like them. Was he following them? That might be even worse than last time, when she'd found him. Justice wouldn't forgive such a man running around free, and continuing his business right here in front of her! Who knew what would happen when someone tried to actually use this worthless junk?

"Can I punch him? I think I should punch him before he does something weird again. Right?"

@T.O.M. @Gossamer @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Verite @everyone near kaiki​
3NwhcNa.png

Angry Karen.

And just like that, there she was. The wrathful Fire Sister who enforced justice and the safety of the town's civilians wherever she went with the power of her fists and legs. Still, it was a shame that, as much as Koyomi would have liked to let Karen punch Kaiki, hell, he would have probably joined in as well, despite his usually almost pacifistic nature, Koyomi knew despite his emotions that attacking Kaiki would be all for naught. If he wanted to do as he pleased, then they simply were not able to do anything about it in this situation.

This may as well be his world now.

And of course, all for the more reason that getting out of this place should be top priority. Of course, he'd have time to make sense of the whole situation later. As for now, he'd have to focus on maintaining a cool head for himself and the others. With that said, he would take hold of Karen's arm. Though one could easily believe that the gesture was to hold herself back, to Koyomi, it felt more like he was holding himself back in actuality, his grip almost trembling a little.

nmg010.png

"No... As much as I'd like to, Karen-chan, it won't get us anywhere. If anything, it'll probably make things worse for us, as it looks like the people here are so dependent on some weapon to ease their sense of paranoia that they'd so quickly flock to a man like this, and we can't afford to have everyone turn on us for something as brash as that," the older brother would give an answer to his sister, his gaze remaining on Kaiki all the way through, "Besides... If nothing else, if people do start getting sick again like you and Sengoku did back then, it'll be much easier for the tables to be turned on him, so if we wait long enough, there's a chance that the others will do the punching for us."

Wise words from a wise brother.

"That means you stay away for now too, Kanbaru."

@Kaykay @T.O.M.

Last edited:
"Do you think this place accepts pokédollars?" Zinnia asked. "Oh to heck with it. I'll just steal one. I'm not afraid to take what I want," she added, snickering mischievously with a glint in her red eyes.

mS8XdKG.png

Before Jack could scold her about how stealing was dishonorable--or something of the like--she sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "Only kidding! Don't start yelling at me again," she said with a laugh.​
"Don't worry, to prevent a tragedy, it would be justified," Jack chuckled despite the current situation, hoping to put his friend's worries at ease, "Besides, it wouldn't be the first occasion in which I've had to act as the ninjas of shadowy clans would."

"Zinnia-chan, please allow me to take over," Jack stepped between the woman and Meteo, brandishing something he had found in the corner of the shop called a 'fire blanket'. Why it was called as such and how he had found it mattered little in his mind; at the moment, he could only hope it would help save Meteo. Over the boy he tossed the fabric, helping to press it against him and smother the flames.

@T.O.M. @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Nater Taters @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Anyone else​
"I'm trying to put the fire out! Do you want to burn to death!?" Zinnia exclaimed.

Damn, why couldn't Meteo have been like Daenerys Targaryen or something?

She continued to stomp on him, glancing to Kirby and flailing her arms when he came over. "Do something to help! We need to put out this fire or this guy is toast..."

Zinnia snickered.

"...literally."

But, thankfully, Kirby didn't need to help. Jack seemed to have it under control. Zinnia stepped back, allowing him to help. "Wooooow, I need to get me some of that!"

@Bomb @Nater Taters @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Anybody​
The flames have been put out on Meteo's clothes.

"Owww...." Meteo layed there on the ground, from all the stomping and the blanket being above him.

Why am I even here?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @others i missed​

"Owww...." Meteo layed there on the ground, from all the stomping and the blanket being above him.

Why am I even here?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @others i missed​
"A question we have all already asked of ourselves, Meteo-san."

Carefully easing the blanket off of the boy, Jack moved to help him stand up once again. It seemed the flames had only burnt parts of his clothing, avoiding his skin thankfully, "You are quite fortunate, young man. Perhaps I could help learn to better wield the sword that you selected?"

Why am I even here?

"Don't worry, to prevent a tragedy, it would be justified," Jack chuckled despite the current situation, hoping to put his friend's worries at ease, "Besides, it wouldn't be the first occasion in which I've had to act as the ninjas of shadowy clans would."

Carefully easing the blanket off of the boy, Jack moved to help him stand up once again. It seemed the flames had only burnt parts of his clothing, avoiding his skin thankfully, "You are quite fortunate, young man. Perhaps I could help learn to better wield the sword that you selected?"

"Oh, well I was thinking about stealing one just because they looked nice, but I guess I won't," Zinnia replied with a shrug. Pissing off Jack again probably wasn't a good idea.

A few minutes after Meteo's fire had been put out, Aster finally returned late with a bucket of cold water in her hands. She splashed it all over Meteo even though his fire was already put out.

"Muuur!" she exclaimed awkwardly after realizing what she had done, taking a step back.

Now, Meteo was crispy and wet.

Zinnia turned to glance at Meteo and Aster, laughing afterwards. "Awww, it's okay Aster! You didn't know! You're soooo cute when you're upset."

"Jack's right though, you aught to learn how to handle yourself with a sword better than that, crybaby," she told Meteo. Zinnia was very glad she had chosen a familiar instead of a weapon.

@Bomb @Nater Taters @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Oh. It's not a problem. It's just...." Meteo didn't finish because he doesn't know what happened to him. Looking at the flame sword he accidentally dropped, he picked it up again, and held it safely.

"Is there a sheath?" Meteo asked the weapon dealer. He didn't need to get set on fire and get stomped by Zinnia again.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @others​

Why am I even here?

tumblr_o6cyik6wQU1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Um... Wiruko wonders if you are okay, Meteo."

Wiruko would suddenly pop up in front of Meteo, probably bolting over to the boy's side while Hideo was busy trying to figure out how to even use his Staff of Illusions.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Bomb @The Tactician @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Oh, well I was thinking about stealing one just because they looked nice, but I guess I won't," Zinnia replied with a shrug. Pissing off Jack again probably wasn't a good idea.

A few minutes after Meteo's fire had been put out, Aster finally returned late with a bucket of cold water in her hands. She splashed it all over Meteo even though his fire was already put out.

"Muuur!" she exclaimed awkwardly after realizing what she had done, taking a step back.

Zinnia turned to glance at Meteo and Aster, laughing afterwards. "Awww, it's okay Aster! You didn't know! You're soooo cute when you're upset."

"Jack's right though, you aught to learn how to handle yourself with a sword better than that, crybaby," she told Meteo. Zinnia was very glad she had chosen a familiar instead of a weapon.

Jack allowed a short snicker to escape him as he knelt down to pat Aster's head, "Do not worry, little one. Your intent was just and good and that is all that matters." At the same time, his other hand searched for a few more gold coins to give to Zinnia, "And perhaps we could meet in the middle? You receive a new blanket, while we do not anger the owner any further?"

nmg004.png

"And if you did know, you wouldn't be so eager to do business with him," Koyomi replied swiftly without missing a beat, standing his ground on the matter of Kaiki, as though he cared not for the little business being set up around here. What would they even need these confounded weapons for anyway?! This all seemed like overkill and besides... What would they even be fighting? Angry bears? This situation was just getting more and more preposterous. Outworldly, even!

Out! Of! This! World!

"He doesn't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to customer satisfaction, whether you're talking about the quality of his products or his quality as a person. Believe me and my friends, I'm doing everyone a favor. Right, Karen, Kanbaru?"

Zettai na.

Absolutely.

This was the one truth that Koyomi Araragi was confident in. At least, the first one ever since he got into this mess.
Having been distracted trying to think up reasons as to why they were all gathered here with Karen, Kanbaru perked up as Koyomi addressed her. Motioning for Karen to follow behind although given it was her brother who was calling her, Kanbaru doubted Karen would be too far behind her. As she made her way to where Koyomi had been standing, she flashed him a smile. "What's up Araragi-.." Kanbaru went silent upon seeing the tall lanky figure dressed in black standing before her and the others. Folding her arms across her chest, Kanbaru narrowed her eyes. From what she'd been told of Kaiki's antics, she didn't have any hesitance in taking Koyomi/Karen's own word for it on how much of a bad man he was.

"What are you doing here?" Kanbaru asked, the usual traces of her bubbly personality shoved to the wayside for now. For a brief moment as Kanbaru asked the seemingly simple question of him, Kaiki's expression softened. Almost as if it concerned him that Kanbaru were the one addressing him now instead of Koyomi.

201201220034345d8.jpg

The expression didn't last long however as he quickly resumed his stoic demeanor. But not before shooting a brief glower Koyomi's way. After doing so he focused his attention upon Kanbaru and her question of what he was doing around the shack. Holding up his hands to show he meant no harm, he spoke up.

"I'm here for the same reasons as I imagine you are. Pulled through a portal of some kind and dumped here. Like garbage being tossed into a trash bin. Unlike you and this group which seems to have accomplished nothing beyond sticking together in some shack, I've made good use out of my time. As you can clearly see." Kaiki gestured towards the variety of creatures standing behind him. "If you'd like to me leave as your friend here would, I'm afraid that's simply not an option. I refuse to leave until I understand what lead to me being brought here in the first place." That and bringing these creatures and weapons with him back home didn't sound like the easiest of tacks, would have been too much of a hassle.

"But if you're done dragging my name through the mud, I still have customers that need to be tended to."
It's horrible.

He hated being on the lower side of the scales. And Kaiki's apathy for such things would likely only make it more inconveniencing for him, more than anything. This was going to be annoying.

"I'm sure your products are as genuine, and as dangerous, as the curses you sold to Karen-chan and Nadeko Sengoku. And just like those curses, I'll bet that you don't understand just what you're holding in your stock, do you? Let alone care, that is."
120405_1.jpg

"Your dislike of me apparent and perhaps justified as it may be, you do raise a significant point. These creatures I'll admit I did not bring with me. They were roaming these woods, I suppose looking for someone to take them into their care. An authority figure or rather a 'master' if you will. It just so happened that I'd be the one to find them frolicking through the woods. They noticed me, I noticed them and we ended up working out a relationship that suited both of us. They would follow me and I'd give them homes to people who could think of better uses for them than I. I don't see what's wrong with that."

Before Kaiki could explain any further , someone had grabbed one of his swords and set themselves ablaze. Unfortunate. But nothing he couldn't handle. Making his way over to the blade, Kaiki sought to pick it up and frowned with a disdainful look upon his face.

"You shouldn't touch things without paying for them first." Perhaps this would be a nice lesson in teaching that. But as amusing as this may have been, it was still the work of an idiot who had touched his items without even asking Kaiki. He was still a potential customer however and so Kaiki looked over his shoulder at one of the creatures he had gathered. "You there. Someone's in need of aid." Snapping his fingers, the disturbing looking creature let out a horrid noise before making it's way forward.

The creature aimed one of it's many heads towards Meteo and prepared to fire out a stream of water as droplets could have been seen dripping from the creature's body and it's mouth. Enough to get rid of the flame and leave him soaked. But it also served the dual purpose of hopefully letting this boy think about what he had done and the consequences of such brash actions. But before it could do so, Jack had already taken quick action to help snuff out the flames. The elemental took it's place back among it's brethren and Kaiki nodded in it's direction. "Thank you."

As for the girl who had been stomping on Meteo's chest, Kaiki snapped his fingers once more to catch the attention of a Wolgon. As it sat up eagerly and looked to Kaiki with the same excited look that a dog might give it's owner when it wanted to play. Nudging his head in Zinnia's direction, the Wolgon happily bounded towards her and sat on it's behind gazing up at her.

"The Wolgon's yours. For a price just as all the other items/creatures I have in stock have one."

But he did shoot a glance Koyomi's way now that he'd shown how the creatures seemed to listen to him.

"I may not know where exactly these creatures hail from. Or whether or not they're oddities or something else entirely. But it's not exactly my job to question such things. They obey me and treat me as their master. I sell them to others who'd like them and I get my due. I'm aware of what I'm getting into."
tumblr_inline_n7xx0wnrHa1sig565.png

"Exactly! He's just a stupid conman! Everyone should just throw this junk right back at him!"

Indeed, neither she nor her brother had had the greatest experience dealing with this shady looking man. She'd already tried confronting him once, and it just ended with her getting sick...somehow. She was never really clear on that. In the end, her brother had convinced her to let him handle it, and she hadn't seen him since.

Yet here he was in America, just like them. Was he following them? That might be even worse than last time, when she'd found him. Justice wouldn't forgive such a man running around free, and continuing his business right here in front of her! Who knew what would happen when someone tried to actually use this worthless junk?

"Can I punch him? I think I should punch him before he does something weird again. Right?"
2014081719011805b.jpg

"Karen-Chan's right! So what if these creatures just so happen to listen to you! What's to stop them from going wild on their new owners?" Kanbaru demanded an answer going so far as to jab Kaiki right in the side. The conman squirmed a bit from the touch and his expression seemed to falter slightly once more as Kanbaru got on the offensive. But he supposed that was just a valid a question as any that had been asked of him already. Tucking his hands into his pockets, he'd glance over at the Wolgon that had been given to Hatchan.

"Although these creatures may seem vicious and any wild animal should indeed be treated with caution. But in the short time I've spent with them, they've been nothing but obedient, mindful of what their owners ask of them, and don't seem like they'd pose much trouble to anyone but the enemies of their owners. Which just let me say is not me but if this forest holds creatures such as these? Who's to say what else might be lurking out there? Wouldn't you feel safer having some form of protection?"

Kanbaru narrowed her eyes and glanced over at Karen as she went on her own tirade in regards to Kaiki.

"Punching is usually a pretty go-to response for dealing with jerks! But before we get to that, I want to know! How did you even find us here at this shack anyway? I don't recall you popping in with the rest of us."

Kaiki merely pointed to someone standing way back in the crowd that had gathered around him and his merchandise.

"I admit I was lost for quite some time. I think I walked past the same tree more times than I'd like to recall. But then that man found me and my creatures and brought me back here thinking I'd be interested in meeting his friends."

f50bb70a-a0b5-4a2f-871d-5294eb803841.jpg

"Yup! That's me dood!"

Noticing the negative reception that Kaiki seemed to be getting from some of the people however, Soos looked around confused.

"Oh...Uh, did I goof up?"
Golgo stared at Kaiki for a few seconds, before looking down at his options. Picking up the Bow of Ice, Golgo stared at it for a few seconds, looking at it through his shades as he tested it out, pulling back the string and to it's original place, feeling the wood, weighing it as he stared back at Kaiki with the weapon still in Golgos hands.

golgocap2.png

"I'll take it. For what?"
Ooh so his dream was really gonna get interesting now...climbing up on Sascrotch and scanning the weaponsweapons, Aran grinned with glee, hoping that he would bet one before he fell off this statue and woke up in his bed, or a pub, or wherever he conked out.

"Say, mate, got any boxing gloves?! And maybe some weights too-wouldn'ttoo-wouldn't mind horsehoes, I ain't picky!!!"
tumblr_inline_myyjmcGjou1rv64lc.png

It was like seeing two sides of the same coin. One man seemed like a trained professional who knew his weapons. Probably more so than Kaiki did given that the conman's usual business didn't involve bows/swords/daggers. Then you had this other man who came to him asking for boxing gloves of all things??? For once Kaiki couldn't understand the thought process of this customer. What exactly would boxing gloves do in this environment?

Tucking away the gold coins and money Jack/Michiko had given him, Kaiki shrugged his shoulders.

"The bow seems like it'd suit a man like you. You're free to have it and no I do not have boxing gloves. I'm unsure of why I would.."
nmg010.png

"No... As much as I'd like to, Karen-chan, it won't get us anywhere. If anything, it'll probably make things worse for us, as it looks like the people here are so dependent on some weapon to ease their sense of paranoia that they'd so quickly flock to a man like this, and we can't afford to have everyone turn on us for something as brash as that," the older brother would give an answer to his sister, his gaze remaining on Kaiki all the way through, "Besides... If nothing else, if people do start getting sick again like you and Sengoku did back then, it'll be much easier for the tables to be turned on him, so if we wait long enough, there's a chance that the others will do the punching for us."

Kanbaru didn't like the idea of letting a guy like Kaiki just literally go about his business. But given that the alternatives were beating the crap out of him and looking like the bad guys for beating up a dude who couldn't fight back or just trying to ignore him, the latter seemed like it'd be better for them in the long run. Besides, like Araragi Senpai said if things started going bad? They had enough people to form the stereotypical angry mob to drive Kaiki out of here.

"..I don't like it but I trust your judgement, Araragi Senpai!"
"Oh. It's not a problem. It's just...." Meteo didn't finish because he doesn't know what happened to him. Looking at the flame sword he accidentally dropped, he picked it up again, and held it safely.

"Is there a sheath?" Meteo asked the weapon dealer. He didn't need to get set on fire and get stomped by Zinnia again.

Wiruko would suddenly pop up in front of Meteo, probably bolting over to the boy's side while Hideo was busy trying to figure out how to even use his Staff of Illusions.

SPLOOSH!

Meteo, sopping wet, was splashed by the cold water that Aster brought in.

"I'm ok..." Meteo said to Wiruko, just laying there still.​

Having been distracted trying to think up reasons as to why they were all gathered here with Karen, Kanbaru perked up as Koyomi addressed her. Motioning for Karen to follow behind although given it was her brother who was calling her, Kanbaru doubted Karen would be too far behind her. As she made her way to where Koyomi had been standing, she flashed him a smile. "What's up Araragi-.." Kanbaru went silent upon seeing the tall lanky figure dressed in black standing before her and the others. Folding her arms across her chest, Kanbaru narrowed her eyes. From what she'd been told of Kaiki's antics, she didn't have any hesitance in taking Koyomi/Karen's own word for it on how much of a bad man he was.

"What are you doing here?" Kanbaru asked, the usual traces of her bubbly personality shoved to the wayside for now. For a brief moment as Kanbaru asked the seemingly simple question of him, Kaiki's expression softened. Almost as if it concerned him that Kanbaru were the one addressing him now instead of Koyomi.

201201220034345d8.jpg

The expression didn't last long however as he quickly resumed his stoic demeanor. But not before shooting a brief glower Koyomi's way. After doing so he focused his attention upon Kanbaru and her question of what he was doing around the shack. Holding up his hands to show he meant no harm, he spoke up.

"I'm here for the same reasons as I imagine you are. Pulled through a portal of some kind and dumped here. Like garbage being tossed into a trash bin. Unlike you and this group which seems to have accomplished nothing beyond sticking together in some shack, I've made good use out of my time. As you can clearly see." Kaiki gestured towards the variety of creatures standing behind him. "If you'd like to me leave as your friend here would, I'm afraid that's simply not an option. I refuse to leave until I understand what lead to me being brought here in the first place." That and bringing these creatures and weapons with him back home didn't sound like the easiest of tacks, would have been too much of a hassle.

"But if you're done dragging my name through the mud, I still have customers that need to be tended to."

120405_1.jpg

"Your dislike of me apparent and perhaps justified as it may be, you do raise a significant point. These creatures I'll admit I did not bring with me. They were roaming these woods, I suppose looking for someone to take them into their care. An authority figure or rather a 'master' if you will. It just so happened that I'd be the one to find them frolicking through the woods. They noticed me, I noticed them and we ended up working out a relationship that suited both of us. They would follow me and I'd give them homes to people who could think of better uses for them than I. I don't see what's wrong with that."

Before Kaiki could explain any further , someone had grabbed one of his swords and set themselves ablaze. Unfortunate. But nothing he couldn't handle. Making his way over to the blade, Kaiki sought to pick it up and frowned with a disdainful look upon his face.

"You shouldn't touch things without paying for them first." Perhaps this would be a nice lesson in teaching that. But as amusing as this may have been, it was still the work of an idiot who had touched his items without even asking Kaiki. He was still a potential customer however and so Kaiki looked over his shoulder at one of the creatures he had gathered. "You there. Someone's in need of aid." Snapping his fingers, the disturbing looking creature let out a horrid noise before making it's way forward.

The creature aimed one of it's many heads towards Meteo and prepared to fire out a stream of water as droplets could have been seen dripping from the creature's body and it's mouth. Enough to get rid of the flame and leave him soaked. But it also served the dual purpose of hopefully letting this boy think about what he had done and the consequences of such brash actions. But before it could do so, Jack had already taken quick action to help snuff out the flames. The elemental took it's place back among it's brethren and Kaiki nodded in it's direction. "Thank you."

As for the girl who had been stomping on Meteo's chest, Kaiki snapped his fingers once more to catch the attention of a Wolgon. As it sat up eagerly and looked to Kaiki with the same excited look that a dog might give it's owner when it wanted to play. Nudging his head in Zinnia's direction, the Wolgon happily bounded towards her and sat on it's behind gazing up at her.

"The Wolgon's yours. For a price just as all the other items/creatures I have in stock have one."

But he did shoot a glance Koyomi's way now that he'd shown how the creatures seemed to listen to him.

"I may not know where exactly these creatures hail from. Or whether or not they're oddities or something else entirely. But it's not exactly my job to question such things. They obey me and treat me as their master. I sell them to others who'd like them and I get my due. I'm aware of what I'm getting into."

2014081719011805b.jpg

"Karen-Chan's right! So what if these creatures just so happen to listen to you! What's to stop them from going wild on their new owners?" Kanbaru demanded an answer going so far as to jab Kaiki right in the side. The conman squirmed a bit from the touch and his expression seemed to falter slightly once more as Kanbaru got on the offensive. But he supposed that was just a valid a question as any that had been asked of him already. Tucking his hands into his pockets, he'd glance over at the Wolgon that had been given to Hatchan.

"Although these creatures may seem vicious and any wild animal should indeed be treated with caution. But in the short time I've spent with them, they've been nothing but obedient, mindful of what their owners ask of them, and don't seem like they'd pose much trouble to anyone but the enemies of their owners. Which just let me say is not me but if this forest holds creatures such as these? Who's to say what else might be lurking out there? Wouldn't you feel safer having some form of protection?"

Kanbaru narrowed her eyes and glanced over at Karen as she went on her own tirade in regards to Kaiki.

"Punching is usually a pretty go-to response for dealing with jerks! But before we get to that, I want to know! How did you even find us here at this shack anyway? I don't recall you popping in with the rest of us."

Kaiki merely pointed to someone standing way back in the crowd that had gathered around him and his merchandise.

"I admit I was lost for quite some time. I think I walked past the same tree more times than I'd like to recall. But then that man found me and my creatures and brought me back here thinking I'd be interested in meeting his friends."

"Yup! That's me dood!"

Noticing the negative reception that Kaiki seemed to be getting from some of the people however, Soos looked around confused.

It was like seeing two sides of the same coin. One man seemed like a trained professional who knew his weapons. Probably more so than Kaiki did given that the conman's usual business didn't involve bows/swords/daggers. Then you had this other man who came to him asking for boxing gloves of all things??? For once Kaiki couldn't understand the thought process of this customer. What exactly would boxing gloves do in this environment?

Tucking away the gold coins and money Jack/Michiko had given him, Kaiki shrugged his shoulders.

"The bow seems like it'd suit a man like you. You're free to have it and no I do not have boxing gloves. I'm unsure of why I would.."

Kanbaru didn't like the idea of letting a guy like Kaiki just literally go about his business. But given that the alternatives were beating the crap out of him and looking like the bad guys for beating up a dude who couldn't fight back or just trying to ignore him, the latter seemed like it'd be better for them in the long run. Besides, like Araragi Senpai said if things started going bad? They had enough people to form the stereotypical angry mob to drive Kaiki out of here.

SPLOOSH!

tumblr_o6cyoukQN31v3qowuo9_100.png

"Okaaaay. At least Wiruko knows that you're okay..."

Wiruko mumbled as she gave a sigh of relief that Meteo was okay. However, something caught her eye as she saw the familiars.

tumblr_o6cyik6wQU1v3qowuo7_100.png

"KITTY! WIRUKO WANTS THE KITTY!"

Wiruko went ballistic on Kaiki, seeing the creature that resembled a cat, or more in this case, a catsune. She wanted one... badly. Especially after seeing all of Hideo's cat videos.

@Kaykay @T.O.M. @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Takumi @Verite @ResistingTheEnlightened

One of the residents of this world didn't seem to take too kindly to Gilgamesh's news, something to be expected. Although hopefully that information will serve to either make them useful later on, or at least distract a foe that might otherwise set their sights on him. In the meantime, everyone else seemed to have been distracted by this newcomer brandishing a variety of weapons and pets to handout. Would be smart to grab something at least until he could regain his Gates of Babylon. Looking over the collection available he didn't mind interest in the pets, and most of the weapons were for melee. Melee was something Gilgamesh could fight in, rather well actually but despite being human now due to the Grail he was still at heart an Archer, which made his choice rather easy. So gaining the merchants attention Gilgamesh asked "You there! Merchant! How much for that Bow?".

@Hospes @T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @I don't know who else now​

Jack allowed a short snicker to escape him as he knelt down to pat Aster's head, "Do not worry, little one. Your intent was just and good and that is all that matters." At the same time, his other hand searched for a few more gold coins to give to Zinnia, "And perhaps we could meet in the middle? You receive a new blanket, while we do not anger the owner any further?"
SPLOOSH!

Zinnia smiled. "He seems okay to me, but I think he needs a towel now."

Aster sighed and put her ears down, sadly moving to find a towel. When she came back, she offered the towel to Meteo.

Realizing the Wolgon had joined her, Zinnia glanced to Kaiki.

"I can have the creature for a price, huh? Well, what's the price? I don't think I have the currency your world uses. What do you need from me?" she asked.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters

3NwhcNa.png

Angry Karen.

And just like that, there she was. The wrathful Fire Sister who enforced justice and the safety of the town's civilians wherever she went with the power of her fists and legs. Still, it was a shame that, as much as Koyomi would have liked to let Karen punch Kaiki, hell, he would have probably joined in as well, despite his usually almost pacifistic nature, Koyomi knew despite his emotions that attacking Kaiki would be all for naught. If he wanted to do as he pleased, then they simply were not able to do anything about it in this situation.

This may as well be his world now.

And of course, all for the more reason that getting out of this place should be top priority. Of course, he'd have time to make sense of the whole situation later. As for now, he'd have to focus on maintaining a cool head for himself and the others. With that said, he would take hold of Karen's arm. Though one could easily believe that the gesture was to hold herself back, to Koyomi, it felt more like he was holding himself back in actuality, his grip almost trembling a little.

nmg010.png

@Kaykay @T.O.M.
tumblr_inline_n7xx4iEXDq1sig565.png

"Mmm..."

Karen didn't really like that answer much. Waiting around, paranoia, let someone else punch him instead? Why would she do all of that when she could beat him up now and make sure this hack's trash wouldn't ruin them later? The last time she waited he'd walked up to her and done, er, something.

But, well, if her older brother said so.

Karen's tensed arm slowly relaxed as her brother kept her fiery temper in check. Even she could tell her brother was having trouble holding himself back as well. In that case, she couldn't selfishly fly off the handle when he was trying so hard, could she? The tension slowly drained from her body, but not her eyes or mentality.

"...Fine. But you're still going to keep an eye on him, right, Nii-chan?"

Of course, she was certain that went without saying.​
tumblr_inline_n7xx7kuaye1sig565.png

"My fists are all the protection I need!"

She had full confidence in her combat abilities. She practiced passionately and between the Fire Sisters, she was the one who went out to physically deal with things. So as far as she was concerned, taking some suspicious object from this incredibly suspicious man was a way to feel on edge. The exact opposite of safety or protection.

@T.O.M. @Verite

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits

201201220034345d8.jpg

120405_1.jpg

2014081719011805b.jpg

"Yup! That's me dood!"

"Ah good sir.... Could I perhaps acquire two weapons..? A sword for my friend and a axe for myself if you happen to have those in stock... I should hope this would be enough to cover the costs.."

Inigo would speak to Kaiki while holding up a decent sized pouch of gold....

@T.O.M. @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Takumi @Verite @ResistingTheEnlightened @Gwazi Magnum

tumblr_inline_n7xx4iEXDq1sig565.png

"Mmm..."

Karen didn't really like that answer much. Waiting around, paranoia, let someone else punch him instead? Why would she do all of that when she could beat him up now and make sure this hack's trash wouldn't ruin them later? The last time she waited he'd walked up to her and done, er, something.

But, well, if her older brother said so.

Karen's tensed arm slowly relaxed as her brother kept her fiery temper in check. Even she could tell her brother was having trouble holding himself back as well. In that case, she couldn't selfishly fly off the handle when he was trying so hard, could she? The tension slowly drained from her body, but not her eyes or mentality.

"...Fine. But you're still going to keep an eye on him, right, Nii-chan?"

Of course, she was certain that went without saying.​
nmg030.png

"Of course. If nothing else, if I can't stop him from hurting others who would fall to his traps, then I'll make sure that he doesn't hurt you again, or Shinobu-chan and Kanbaru," he said, before looking at Karen, his gaze softening up a little bit.

nmg042.png

"After all, an older brother like me has to protect everyone around him. I want my chance to look cool in front of you too, y'know."

As opposed to being cool behind Karen's back, like when he had once driven Kaiki out of town before.

@Kaykay @T.O.M.

Alex did indeed not waste any time trying to bargain with the businessman, quickly ripping the weapon from his hands and walking away. It was sharp, it was wieldable and he could take out people with it, that is all Alex Mercer needs to do his job. Swinging the axe around a couple times, he quickly adapted the muscles in his arms to perform at just the right strength in order to swing the axe effectively. Not too strong, not too weak, but just right to cleave some heads.

"Perfect..." he smirked, looked at his arm as it shifted in shape. Those standing nearby would notice this-- his left arm seething with a virulent red haze, as it morphed into a teeming black, fleshy mass and shifted in size and shape to adapt to the axe.

To some, it may look odd, to others its-- HOLY FUCK WHY IS HIS ARM GLOWING WHAT THE HELL OH MY WORD

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

cIS1w8h.png

I see

As Karen's response dragged Kanbaru's attention away from the sleeping pile of adorableness that was sleepin Shinobu, Kanbaru couldn't help but not be the slightest bit surprised. Karen was an amazing girl with plenty of great talents, which is probably why Koyomi was so protective of her. Not that Kanbaru couldn't still refrain from having a little fun at his expense at times. But at times like these she felt closer to Karen than ever before. Slowly staggering to her feet, Kanbaru sighed before glancing over in Karen's direction.

"Karen-chan..?"

There was a brief pause in Kanbaru's words. Was she going to possibly scold Karen for not having a clue of what was going on? Or even giving the thought more than a few seconds? Making her way closer with what seemed to be a serious look on her face, Kanbaru placed a hand upon her shoulder and glanced down at her friend.

"That's okay! Because I don't know either!"

200_s.gif

"Let's get to the bottom of this together, okay?"

Still trying to think of a way to bargain with Kaiki, it took Soos by surprise as Mabel called out to him/leaped onto his arm. Holding up his arm with Mabel still thankfully attached, he flashed a friendly smile to his little friend.

akhjjoC-.jpeg

"Mabel! My not-man dood! You caught me at just the right time! I found this guy out in the woods, okay? Dood has a whole bunch of crazy animals with him. Three headed unicorns, freaky cat things, Bigfoots-"

"Pigfoot."

"Bigfoots! It's great! But, uh you said somethin about Dipper, yeah? Nah, can't say I haven't seen em! But if he turned himself invisible then you gotta watch out. He might be planning to pull a wicked prank! Because I know that's what I'd do if I could turn invisible. Just haven't found enough invisible ink..." Soos explained sounding a bit dejected at the prospect of not being able to turn invisible. Not that invisible ink actually worked that way but nobody needed to tell Soos that. "I wonder if this guy's seen em..Hey!" Soos turned to yell to Kaiki...Who was still standing right next to him.

"You didn't need to shout."

"Oh, sorry dood. It's just that when I get worried about one of my lil friends, I tend to yell because it makes my voice clearer and easier to hear! So that way even if Dipper's invisible, he'll hear it and come running! But, uh have you seen em? He's like her but y'know more dood-ish?" He'd say pointing to Mable as Kaiki tilted his head to the side and looked over Mabel, seemingly analyzing every bit of her appearance to see if he spotted anyone who even seemed remotely similar.

"Can't say that I have. Now, if you'll excuse me."

1404736996-One-To-Many-Times_2.jpg

Ah, actual people he could barter with. Unlike Soos who just kept wanting to take his animals and making foolish deals which didn't make sense to the conman. The wolgon in particular seemed to be attracting quite a bit of attention. Not that Kaiki found it particularly hard to believe. He supposed it stood out as the 'cute' creature among his wares and that's usually what attracted most people. If it looked cute then it sold. Gently moving a strand of hair to the side, Kaiki approached Grim and Tommy with his hands clasped together.

"That, my good sirs is known as a Wolgon. From what I could surmise, it take traits from both a wolf and dragons of all things. The latter of which manifests more in it's ability to manipulate fire to a minor degree. Anything more you'll have to find out by taking one for yourself." He explained before staring down Grim.

"Of course, everything has it's price and these creatures and trinkets are no exception. You offer me compensation and I'll offer you a creature worth your time. Even Death must pay his dues it seems."

If he was going to be pulled away from his business and if it were fate that brought him along these items? Then what point was there to run this as if it were a charity and hand them off willy-nilly?

As more and more people approached him and his items, Kaiki couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Golgo's comment. It was true that he had stumbled upon these weapons but his usual trade wasn't anything so simplistic or barbaric. Most of his typical items were fakes after all so what good would it have done him to sell fake weapons? The people he sold them to might have gone to another dealer and got real weapons and paid him another visit. That simply wouldn't do. But not wanting to look a potentially profitable gift horse in the mouth, Kaiki looked towards his pile of weapons and made his way over towards it.

"Depends on what kind weapons you're looking for I suppose. Nothing in way of firearms. But plenty of other weaponry that might catch one's eyes. You, in particular. I'm afraid a katana is a bit out there as far my current supply goes. This might be more your liking." Holding out a pair of red and yellow daggers towards Cloud, Kaiki flashed him a small smile.

41-G4GRRlTL._SX300_.jpg

"Weapons aren't my usual items to be honest. But from what I've seen these do? You won't be disappointed. Think of them as..Daggers that will return you, simialr to a boomerang in that regard I suppose." While waiting for Cloud's response, Kaiki glanced back in Golgo's direction. "Anything you've got your eye on?"

@Gossamer @Hospes @Kaykay @ResistingTheEnlightened
Grim's eyesockets, though devoid of life, seemed to brighten up at the mention of the beast's breed, "Half wolf, half dragon? Oh, isn't that just precious! Hold on, my wallet's in here somewhe-" Grim dug around in his robes for a moment before Mandy stepped forward with a Staff of Illusions in one hand, and a wad of cash in the other, "I'm paying." she offered while flipping through her bills. Her tone made it sound like more of a command, however. Grim was happily surprised to see Mandy with so much money on her, "Really? For me?"

"Don't think this is an act of charity, Grim, I need to pay for mine too." Mandy spat back, not even turning her eyes away from the cash to address Grim properly, "So, how much do you want for the dog and the staff, creep?"

@T.O.M.

@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Takumi @Verite @ResistingTheEnlightened

Status
Not open for further replies.