• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Surely they don't help a bullet in your lungs. Or blood in your airway."

@The Silver Paladin
"Who knows. Maybe they do. I just don't want the opportunity to find out that it doesn't. Anyway, what's done is done, we can only pray, and hope she returns like the others." Riley said. "Why did I just stand there? Why didn't I protect her as you tried to?"

Frank just stood up and shuffled off to a corner. Lisa groaned on the floor. Well... she was alive.

@Anybody​

Ulysses took some hair from the siren and twisted it into another bracelet, handing it to Joshua quietly "He will want it...when the time is right" he then approaches Lisa, offering a hand "You meant well, I know" he sighs as he looks to Frank "It would have been a mercy killing..." the next words to Leave his mouth were rather off...familiar almost "You die the hero...or live to become the villain"

@BarrenThin @ResistingTheEnlightened

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
"Who knows. Maybe they do. I just don't want the opportunity to find out. Anyway, what's done is done, we can only pray, and hope she returns like the others." Riley said. "Why did I just stand there? Why didn't I protect her as you tried to?"

"You didn't have the chance."
Ulysses took some hair from the siren and twisted it into another bracelet, handing it to Joshua quietly "He will want it...when the time is right" he then approaches Lisa, offering a hand "You meant well, I know" he sighs as he looks to Frank "It would have been a mercy killing..." the next words to Leave his mouth were rather off...familiar almost "You die the hero...or live to become the villain"

@BarrenThin @ResistingTheEnlightened

Lisa took his hand and sat up. She was clearly woozy and the voices in the room made her cringe. "He's... turned into what he hunts. He talks about trying to change... but people don't change."

@The Silver Paladin
@DapperDogman

"stimpaks.... They are for wounds, they aren't surgical, but cna heal surgical wounds. I don't know how they work, but they're miracle drugs." Riley brushed off his lab coat. "I have many voices calling me a monster in my head, which is why I attempted suicide earlier. Just ask Joshua."
"Who knows. Maybe they do. I just don't want the opportunity to find out. Anyway, what's done is done, we can only pray, and hope she returns like the others." Riley said. "Why did I just stand there? Why didn't I protect her as you tried to?"
CHAPTER FOUR DEAD END
"Crushing Silence"

Lisa stood back and looked in on everything going on. But one thing stood out. Her father. The girl had been observing him this whole time. She'd heard him talk about change. About redemption. But he was full of shit. She'd heard him talk about murder. About... torture. The man was becoming his prey.

She had to do something, and it had to be now, before he could hurt anyone else. Lisa fiddled with her Deagle, and raised it. She pointed the gun at her father... and pulled the trigger.

A certain Siren, head still aching heavily from being knocked unconscious with the bat, was still clearly frantic and desperate. "Alright. Whoever wants to do the damn job-.."

Ridley wasn't.. Well, her gold eyes weren't the keenest ones out there, to say the least. But it wasn't really difficult for her to spot the young woman aiming her weapon. "No! What the hell are youdoing?!" she demanded, already in motion. "Stop!" she commanded, cool tone breaking.

But it was too late. And then, it hit her; this was her opportunity. That was her bullet. She could get out of this. And that left only one thing that Ridley Duchannes could do...

Take what she thought was rightfully hers; and jump.

The pain was.. Well, familiar. Though, that fact didn't exactly change that the bullet piercing her chest as she dove in the way of the bullet hurt like hell. On top of this, Rid suddenly found it difficult to breathe, chest heaving as she laid on the ground, bleeding heavily from yet another bullet(how many had it been now? Jeez!) wound.

The difference was, well.. This.. Wasn't non-fatal. And what was worse was the fact it wasn't going to be a quick and painless death.. This would be hell before she could finally fade away.

Joshua's unfortunate viewing of what had happened, was more than just sacrifice. It was so much more than just that. It was an act of friendship between all three - Frank, Ridley, and Desmond - Where Ridley just seemingly.. Jumped. He could find no words as she did, and he did little to nothing as he saw the bullet fly. It was only then when the bullet hit Ridley did Joshua actually do something out of the goodness of his heart.

His Light came out of its holster, pointed at Lisa feverishly and in anger "Have you lost your mind!? What do you think you're doing!?"Rather than act upon revenge, Joshua let out a warning shot at the feet of Lisa to maintain her from moving. "I care not for your reason to act so hastily. If you dare move from that spot, if you dare do anything, then your death will be slow and painful." His words spoke with venom and anger infused into one cocktail of madness, as he kept the pistol pointed directly at Lisa, he took short steps toward Ridley, before kneeling slowly and looking at her current condition. He knew this pain more than anyone,more than God had been crucified by the Romans.

Frank processed the information much faster than Lisa. He froze with horror as Ridley slammed into the ground, a huge bullet hole in her chest... and Lisa had been aiming at his back.

Needless to say, all bets were off.

Frank saw nothing but red. Anger overwhelmed his senses. Lisa got ready to shoot again after recovering from Ridley's command, but her gun was knocked upwards. The bullet didn't hit anything but the ceiling. A powerful headbutt sent her staggering, stunned. It was followed up before she could even begin to recover by him grabbing his daughter by the head and slamming her into the wall. The girl crumpled without a sound, though she was still breathing.

Frank rushed over to Ridley. "Rid? Rid! C'mon, kid!" The old man started to reach for his first aid. "Don't you fucking die!"

Desmond knelt next to her, gently holding her head up for her weakening body. He didn't speak, knowing the importance of letting the dying have their last words in peace.

The blonde young woman hardly even processed Frank's assault on Lisa as reaction to her shooting the Siren.. If she did at all. She was a little busy trying to process what had just happened, herself.

Had she.. Had she really just thrown herself in front of a bullet? Had she really risked her life for someone else..? Someone she had only met just recently? It was an absurd idea, that Ridley would care about anyone enough to throw her life away for them..

..Or maybe, she only did this because she wanted to die. Wanted to escape Abraham's revenge, to not have to deal with the world looking at her like a monster wherever she went. Maybe the instant she saw Lisa aiming, she found perfect opportunity to finally die. That was probably it.. After all, Dark Casters didn't save people. It wasn't their nature. Ridley must've just been being selfish.. Right?

It looked like nobody would get to know.

Snapping out of the daze and shock of what she'd just done upon being spoken to, Rid's golden eyes slowly wandered back to Frank. She blinked owlishly, still shaken up. What had she done?

After a good minute or two of just staring up at him, Rid managed to crack a weak grin, laughing lightly.. Though it didn't last long, as the laughter quickly turned to coughing up blood. "E-everyone dies sometimes.. H-Hoodie said it, h-himself.."

She did manage a faint grin at Desmond.. And if she weren't so drawn up in the pain, she probably would've given a wave. It wasn't the case. "Speak.. of the handsome d-devil.." she mused, trying to lighten the mood.

"It was me." Desmond whispered to her. "I was the one that was supposed to die. You're too... good. Let the monsters die for the innocents."

Ridley shook her head ever so slightly, at this, trying to smile for the sake of the two by her. "Oh, don't be a drama queen.. You don't deserve this, Hoodie.."

Tears were running down the old man's face. "No! No, dammit! Not you! You aren't going anywhere!" Frank started to remove the bullet. "You can't leave yet!"

This.. Just made Ridley cringe. The process just hurt worse, and the female felt.. Pathetic. This wasn't how she was supposed to die; she wasn't a hero. She didn't save people. So why had she thrown herself in front of him?

And why did it hurt her that he was crying?

"Aw, c'mon, Guns.. Don't be all teary-eyed and emotional over a monster. I.. I ain't worth it."

"Shut up, kid!" Frank was getting frantic. "Sit still while I get the bullet out... you're going to be okay!"

Frank was having flashbacks. Those words were painfully close to what he said to his daughter. "It's just a damn bullet... no worse than the last injury."

Desmond shook his head. He knew gun shot wounds. They weren't getting that out without the healing facilities on board the Serenity. Ridley was dying, and there was nothing he could do. He gently moved the hair out of her face, leaving a faint bloody streak across her face.

He took the Apple out of his bag, and held it where she could see it. It emitted a soft glow, bathing the area around them in runes as ancient as the day her fate had been written.

"I can make the pain go away." He said gently.

Everything was already getting hazy, but despite, Ridley laughed dryly at Frank's words.. Once again leading to coughing up blood. Though, this time, more came up. "I.. I-I ain't.. goin'.. a-anywhere..." she muttered, quietly. She knew it wasn't true, though.. She was dying. She couldn't say goodbye, though.. She was never good with goodbyes.

The Siren's eyes flickered when Desmond brushed her hair back, and she couldn't help but smile faintly. "I.. I d-deserve the pain, a-anyways.."

"Damn right, you're not." Coughing up blood. Blood in her lungs... I can't treat that. "Just hold on." Frank started screaming at everyone. "I need a fucking doctor!"

Ridley only forced a faint grin, gold eyes flickering. "Aw, h-hush.. You.. Y-you don't want to s-save me.. I t-told you; I did it. I.. I killed people. I'm.. I'm a traitor."

"You.. You aren't stupid, Frank.. D-don't save a.. m-monster..." At this point, even trying to speak hurt like hell. That didn't keep her from trying, though.

Frank looked at her quietly for a few seconds before continuing to treat her, wiping his eyes. "Shut up. I'm n-not... I'm not letting you die!"

Gently; weakly, Ridley reached to try to move his hand away. "F-Frank.." The fact that she was using his name instead of one of her witty nicknames wasn't a good sign. "..L-let me.. Let me have this.. P-please.."

"You told me.. to change. And.. A-and I did.." she muttered, struggling to breathe. "This.. This is my.. redemption..."

The tears were coming much faster now. "D-death... death isn't redemption, kid..."

Frank was right. Death didn't bring redemption, and it didn't solve old wrongs. Desmond's prayers over the dead was a wish, not an absolution.

In mortuum, omnis peccatis dimitterantur, si non obliviscantur, requiescat in pace. In death, all sins are forgiven, if not forgotten. Rest in peace, lost soul. The words were a lie. There was no peace, not for the living. And not for the dead. And there was no forgiveness, not for him. Not if he let her die. Not again.

She just quietly closed her eyes, trying with more struggle to keep breathing. The simple action that no one ever really thought about.. Was serving to bring a massive amount of pain. "I.. I told you.. not to.. c-call me-.."

"No!" Frank immediately tried to shake get awake. "Someone get a goddamn AED!" The old vigilante started CPR.

Joshua's eyes wandered, aiming toward her entire body as his fingers laid upon her neck, seemingly still searching for the pulse that remained, sighing. "She's still alive. And she will be feeling this until death comes slowly." His hand slowly reached into a pocket on the vests and took out the Scripture, knowing that time was still on Ridley's hands, and yet in the worst of ways, his eyes trembled as he began to pray over the, yet still alive, body of Ridley, landing on a verse that hopefully Ridley would still hear in the pain that she felt; Revelations 21:4. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Ridley's heart still beat shallowly, but it wasn't hard to tell it was slowing to a gradual stop. The blonde would've tried to make a witty remark, or squirm away.. But she lacked the strength for even that.

All she could really do was cough up more blood, and try to get a few more words out.. Though they were in a weak whisper. "You.. You an' Desmond.. take care of each.. o-other..."

Her next words were even fainter. "A-an don't f-forget.. you st-still owe me that t-trip to the beach.." she muttered softly, smile still ghosting on her face. Though, even in her dying state, she couldn't help rolling her eyes at Joshua reading the Scripture. "C-can't.. C-can't you just k-kill me already..? Ain't.. Ain't one for religion.." I hope it ain't real. I'm going to hell if it is.

Frank didn't stop CPR. He had to keep her heart beating. As it stood, it wasn't beating nearly enough and it was only getting worse. Doing CPR on someone in this state wasn't the best idea, but the vigilante was panicking. "No! You stay and look after us! I'm just... a stupid old man, and Desmond's a kid, like you! Who's gonna take care of me when I'm old?" Frank smiled.

Ridley just huffed slightly.. Something of a tolled laugh. It hurt, but she couldn't help it. "I.. I a-ain't too good w-with lookin' out for p-people.."

Desmond looked back at her, his glowing golden eyes matching hers as she slid farther and farther from this life.

"Hey. You made a couple of old monsters feel again. Pretty sure they're going to let you through the pearly gates for that little trick." He gave a little smile, trying to ease her passing. "If you don't flirt with them on the way in."

All the Siren could manage to do was muster a faint smile in return, golden eyes starting to lose their glow... Even her alluring aura seemed to be evaporating.

"Heh.. That sh-shouldn't be hard.. Only one person I wanna flirt with, anyways.." That.. Was quite possibly the blood loss talking. She always flirted.. It was just what she did. So it was... An odd idea.

It didn't matter, though.. Ridley Duchannes was fading. But it was filled with pain and taking longer and more agony than she had assumed.

Frank shook her. CPR wouldn't do jackshit and he knew it. She'd taken a bullet to the lungs. Nothing they had could help. "Ridley? Ridley? C'mon... C'mon..."

"Frank. Stop." Desmond said quietly. "Let her pass with a little dignity."

And in the momentous roar that came from the Light Shining In The Darkness, did Joshua end the story of Ridley.

If only others here could Kelt, or hear her thoughts.. Maybe they'd get the last thing the Caster could say.

I.. I-I'm sorry..

It would be the first time in a bit where Joshua felt as though he achieved his objective in avenging Bayonetta... And yet forlorn that he killed someone so young. "Go with God." He simply stated, the silence all around him would make him look at both Frank at Desmond, holstering the pistol. "It must have been done." He then stepped away from the both of them as he dropped down against the podium, knowing that his actions will go noticed, and in which the Burned Man, simply went to being a man. A man who was now broken.

"I'll see you soon Rid," Desmond said quietly, gently lowering her to the floor.

SOgCdak.png

"Such despair... Such... Despair! Despair! Despair! Despair! Despair!!!"

bDiwLUt.png

"The deed is done! As decreed by King Despair, Ridley has been executed!"

V1G6kwy.gif

The slot machine on the video screen lands on Ridley's face three times.

GUILTY

"Hehehe... Upupupu! It's finally over! It's finally my turn! It's finally... the end!"

KFwzFyv.png

"I've lost! This... this is how despair feels! This is Ultimate Despair like I've never felt before!! I had always been Despair-inducingly Despair-inducing! I've been bored of everything since the moment I was born! There is only one thing I ever looked forward to my entire life... The first, last, and greatest Despair! The moment I die!! Ahhh! I'm super-Despair-inducingly happy!!"

t0EEqdJ.png

"Ugh! This is so messed up! You lost, Makoto! How can you be so happy?!"

bDiwLUt.png

"Ahaha... Ahahahaha!! I never really cared about losing! After all, it's all the same if you win or lose... The outside world is Despair, and this school is also Despair! There's nothing but Despair for you all! Once you take down Aki, there will always be someone behind him... Despair is catching! It is like wildfire!"

KfuJbqF.png

"Despair will stand in your fuckin' way time after time! No matter where you go...! No matter where you try to hide...! They are two faces of the same fuckin' coin, you know...! Wherever there is Hope, there is most definitely Despair!! Do you fucking degenerates really think you can keep hold of that Hope of yours?!"

Junko moved to speak, but Makoto shook his head.

8FG7TTv.png

"Oh, I've heard enough. That was my final speech, I don't need a reply. It's almost time for my "punishment"... I'm about to enjoy that Despair you can only experience once in a lifetime...! The Despair of death!"

KFwzFyv.png

"Upupu... Upupupu...! Ah, it's so wonderful... This is death's Despair, isn't it...! Even one tenth... no, even one hundredth of this Despair...! I wanted everyone in the world to experience something like that...! I wanted to paint the world with such stunning Despair! Let's give it all we got! It's execution time! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

ZCJ3OnW.gif

A conveyor belt activates from under Makoto, moving him away from his podium. He moved to the side of the trial room, where the curtains rise to reveal a student's desk and chair. Makoto sits down on it, which turns on the lights-- revealing a giant crusher at the end of the conveyor belt.

3gylr0m.gif

iIIcnJY.gif

Makoto's face grows red from the anticipation. The crusher looms closer and closer.

dQgVaGv.gif

As Makoto is moved under it, time seems to stand still. The boy glances upward, just before--

kYp79Fs.png

On cue, the lone Monokuma and MegaKuma at the trial appear to deactivate.

7NIRVHu.png

A device with a single button lands next to the crusher.

IXNC9GD.jpg

In the silence of the trial room, Ludger gingerly goes to grab the device. The mood is somber as he presses down on the red button, opening a large door at the back of the trial room.

Your communicators beep as the final two data profiles are revealed.

TVFxJKO.png
tNpRqLq.png
"Hey hey, I hear voices too. Screaming, blame, crying. Like music to my ears," Shiki spoke, piping in on their conversation since Frank seemed inactive at the moment, "Pray for her? But pray to whom? God? Heh, a wicked woman like that... She's surely on her way to Hell. Shame I couldn't ask her to give the Devil my regards," he said uncaringly, shrugging briefly, before the two women would appear before him.

"Aha, it looks like we have company," he said excitedly, running a hand through his hair, "An alternate version of the woman I've known since forever, and her friend as well. This ought to be interesting."

For now, he wouldn't attack. It contradicted his instinctive nature to kill anyone and anything he pleased, especially if they posed a possible threat, but he'd rather not have a lightsaber on his groin. Not yet anyway.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Erryone​

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Legolas. I am Fi." She introduced with a small curtsey before he kissed where her hand would be if she actually had regular human arms.

This amused her a bit, but she also thought it was interesting and in a way sweet and adorable.

"Your pointed ears, they mean that you are similar in species as my Master? Though your ears are small like a strange friend of my Master's that has a pompadour." She said off handedly. Her interest and curiousity peeking a bit.

@FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Raven @Wedge Antilles

(Past)

"Perhaps I am of a similar species to your master, Fi. If he is similar to the Mirkwood elves. Your form and intelligence are quite remarkable, the combination of both I have yet to see in my lifetime. Let us talk some other time, perhaps."

@Lizzy

(Present)

As the two profiles appeared on the communicator, he noticed one blue haired person very familiar to him. He looked at her, with his eyes, demanding an explanation.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Takumi

Lisa took his hand and sat up. She was clearly woozy and the voices in the room made her cringe. "He's... turned into what he hunts. He talks about trying to change... but people don't change."

@The Silver Paladin
@DapperDogman
Riley nodded. "Yeah... I guess you're right. I have tried to redeem myself from everything I have done. Project Purity? Yes, it helped the wasteland, but I wiped out a whole group in doing so."

@The Silver Paladin
@DapperDogman

"I understand" he says with a small frown "Though I believe you're wrong...Men do change...through the roads they walk...your father walks a broken road...and he's running out of asphalt to tread...soon the ghosts of his past catch up...there's only so mug walking a lone man can do, after all" he gives her a look of sympathy and turns to her father "Pehaps there is hope for him yet...Perhaps not...Can you avoid his.mistakes...or will history repeat itself once more...as it has so often before?"

• Love
Reactions: dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Stitch Heard his communicator go off. He figured Jakes had as well listing closely the alien looked to Izana. "We find one?" He asked a little shocked it sound as if the blue alien had begun to dought they would with so many scents to investigate. "Good." He stated next. "Is Stitch closer to seeing Lilo?" He asked with hope.

Jake heard the communicator go off then looked to Ace. "Alright one down. Man how many could there be?" He asked then looked seeing the new profiles something Stitch seemed to ignore.

@FireDrake150
@Atomyk @EVeryone
Izana sighs, Looking away from it all. "In the grand scheme of things, we're doing better than we did in Eden, But I still feel guilty over it... We should have done something...." He sighs, looking down, bfore glancing at Jake and Stitch. "I dunno, What do you think we should do?"

@Raven @Lizzy

CHAPTER FOUR DEAD END
"Crushing Silence"

Lisa stood back and looked in on everything going on. But one thing stood out. Her father. The girl had been observing him this whole time. She'd heard him talk about change. About redemption. But he was full of shit. She'd heard him talk about murder. About... torture. The man was becoming his prey.

She had to do something, and it had to be now, before he could hurt anyone else. Lisa fiddled with her Deagle, and raised it. She pointed the gun at her father... and pulled the trigger.

A certain Siren, head still aching heavily from being knocked unconscious with the bat, was still clearly frantic and desperate. "Alright. Whoever wants to do the damn job-.."

Ridley wasn't.. Well, her gold eyes weren't the keenest ones out there, to say the least. But it wasn't really difficult for her to spot the young woman aiming her weapon. "No! What the hell are youdoing?!" she demanded, already in motion. "Stop!" she commanded, cool tone breaking.

But it was too late. And then, it hit her; this was her opportunity. That was her bullet. She could get out of this. And that left only one thing that Ridley Duchannes could do...

The pain was.. Well, familiar. Though, that fact didn't exactly change that the bullet piercing her chest as she dove in the way of the bullet hurt like hell. On top of this, Rid suddenly found it difficult to breathe, chest heaving as she laid on the ground, bleeding heavily from yet another bullet(how many had it been now? Jeez!) wound.

The difference was, well.. This.. Wasn't non-fatal. And what was worse was the fact it wasn't going to be a quick and painless death.. This would be hell before she could finally fade away.

Joshua's unfortunate viewing of what had happened, was more than just sacrifice. It was so much more than just that. It was an act of friendship between all three - Frank, Ridley, and Desmond - Where Ridley just seemingly.. Jumped. He could find no words as she did, and he did little to nothing as he saw the bullet fly. It was only then when the bullet hit Ridley did Joshua actually do something out of the goodness of his heart.

His Light came out of its holster, pointed at Lisa feverishly and in anger "Have you lost your mind!? What do you think you're doing!?"Rather than act upon revenge, Joshua let out a warning shot at the feet of Lisa to maintain her from moving. "I care not for your reason to act so hastily. If you dare move from that spot, if you dare do anything, then your death will be slow and painful." His words spoke with venom and anger infused into one cocktail of madness, as he kept the pistol pointed directly at Lisa, he took short steps toward Ridley, before kneeling slowly and looking at her current condition. He knew this pain more than anyone,more than God had been crucified by the Romans.

Frank processed the information much faster than Lisa. He froze with horror as Ridley slammed into the ground, a huge bullet hole in her chest... and Lisa had been aiming at his back.

Frank saw nothing but red. Anger overwhelmed his senses. Lisa got ready to shoot again after recovering from Ridley's command, but her gun was knocked upwards. The bullet didn't hit anything but the ceiling. A powerful headbutt sent her staggering, stunned. It was followed up before she could even begin to recover by him grabbing his daughter by the head and slamming her into the wall. The girl crumpled without a sound, though she was still breathing.

Frank rushed over to Ridley. "Rid? Rid! C'mon, kid!" The old man started to reach for his first aid. "Don't you fucking die!"

Desmond knelt next to her, gently holding her head up for her weakening body. He didn't speak, knowing the importance of letting the dying have their last words in peace.

The blonde young woman hardly even processed Frank's assault on Lisa as reaction to her shooting the Siren.. If she did at all. She was a little busy trying to process what had just happened, herself.

Had she.. Had she really just thrown herself in front of a bullet? Had she really risked her life for someone else..? Someone she had only met just recently? It was an absurd idea, that Ridley would care about anyone enough to throw her life away for them..

..Or maybe, she only did this because she wanted to die. Wanted to escape Abraham's revenge, to not have to deal with the world looking at her like a monster wherever she went. Maybe the instant she saw Lisa aiming, she found perfect opportunity to finally die. That was probably it.. After all, Dark Casters didn't save people. It wasn't their nature. Ridley must've just been being selfish.. Right?

Snapping out of the daze and shock of what she'd just done upon being spoken to, Rid's golden eyes slowly wandered back to Frank. She blinked owlishly, still shaken up. What had she done?

After a good minute or two of just staring up at him, Rid managed to crack a weak grin, laughing lightly.. Though it didn't last long, as the laughter quickly turned to coughing up blood. "E-everyone dies sometimes.. H-Hoodie said it, h-himself.."

She did manage a faint grin at Desmond.. And if she weren't so drawn up in the pain, she probably would've given a wave. It wasn't the case. "Speak.. of the handsome d-devil.." she mused, trying to lighten the mood.

"It was me." Desmond whispered to her. "I was the one that was supposed to die. You're too... good. Let the monsters die for the innocents."

Ridley shook her head ever so slightly, at this, trying to smile for the sake of the two by her. "Oh, don't be a drama queen.. You don't deserve this, Hoodie.."

Tears were running down the old man's face. "No! No, dammit! Not you! You aren't going anywhere!" Frank started to remove the bullet. "You can't leave yet!"

This.. Just made Ridley cringe. The process just hurt worse, and the female felt.. Pathetic. This wasn't how she was supposed to die; she wasn't a hero. She didn't save people. So why had she thrown herself in front of him?

"Aw, c'mon, Guns.. Don't be all teary-eyed and emotional over a monster. I.. I ain't worth it."

"Shut up, kid!" Frank was getting frantic. "Sit still while I get the bullet out... you're going to be okay!"

Frank was having flashbacks. Those words were painfully close to what he said to his daughter. "It's just a damn bullet... no worse than the last injury."

Desmond shook his head. He knew gun shot wounds. They weren't getting that out without the healing facilities on board the Serenity. Ridley was dying, and there was nothing he could do. He gently moved the hair out of her face, leaving a faint bloody streak across her face.

He took the Apple out of his bag, and held it where she could see it. It emitted a soft glow, bathing the area around them in runes as ancient as the day her fate had been written.

Everything was already getting hazy, but despite, Ridley laughed dryly at Frank's words.. Once again leading to coughing up blood. Though, this time, more came up. "I.. I-I ain't.. goin'.. a-anywhere..." she muttered, quietly. She knew it wasn't true, though.. She was dying. She couldn't say goodbye, though.. She was never good with goodbyes.

The Siren's eyes flickered when Desmond brushed her hair back, and she couldn't help but smile faintly. "I.. I d-deserve the pain, a-anyways.."

"Damn right, you're not." Coughing up blood. Blood in her lungs... I can't treat that. "Just hold on." Frank started screaming at everyone. "I need a fucking doctor!"

Ridley only forced a faint grin, gold eyes flickering. "Aw, h-hush.. You.. Y-you don't want to s-save me.. I t-told you; I did it. I.. I killed people. I'm.. I'm a traitor."

"You.. You aren't stupid, Frank.. D-don't save a.. m-monster..." At this point, even trying to speak hurt like hell. That didn't keep her from trying, though.

Frank looked at her quietly for a few seconds before continuing to treat her, wiping his eyes. "Shut up. I'm n-not... I'm not letting you die!"

Gently; weakly, Ridley reached to try to move his hand away. "F-Frank.." The fact that she was using his name instead of one of her witty nicknames wasn't a good sign. "..L-let me.. Let me have this.. P-please.."

"You told me.. to change. And.. A-and I did.." she muttered, struggling to breathe. "This.. This is my.. redemption..."

The tears were coming much faster now. "D-death... death isn't redemption, kid..."

Frank was right. Death didn't bring redemption, and it didn't solve old wrongs. Desmond's prayers over the dead was a wish, not an absolution.

In mortuum, omnis peccatis dimitterantur, si non obliviscantur, requiescat in pace. In death, all sins are forgiven, if not forgotten. Rest in peace, lost soul. The words were a lie. There was no peace, not for the living. And not for the dead. And there was no forgiveness, not for him. Not if he let her die. Not again.

She just quietly closed her eyes, trying with more struggle to keep breathing. The simple action that no one ever really thought about.. Was serving to bring a massive amount of pain. "I.. I told you.. not to.. c-call me-.."

"No!" Frank immediately tried to shake get awake. "Someone get a goddamn AED!" The old vigilante started CPR.

Joshua's eyes wandered, aiming toward her entire body as his fingers laid upon her neck, seemingly still searching for the pulse that remained, sighing. "She's still alive. And she will be feeling this until death comes slowly." His hand slowly reached into a pocket on the vests and took out the Scripture, knowing that time was still on Ridley's hands, and yet in the worst of ways, his eyes trembled as he began to pray over the, yet still alive, body of Ridley, landing on a verse that hopefully Ridley would still hear in the pain that she felt; Revelations 21:4. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Ridley's heart still beat shallowly, but it wasn't hard to tell it was slowing to a gradual stop. The blonde would've tried to make a witty remark, or squirm away.. But she lacked the strength for even that.

All she could really do was cough up more blood, and try to get a few more words out.. Though they were in a weak whisper. "You.. You an' Desmond.. take care of each.. o-other..."

Her next words were even fainter. "A-an don't f-forget.. you st-still owe me that t-trip to the beach.." she muttered softly, smile still ghosting on her face. Though, even in her dying state, she couldn't help rolling her eyes at Joshua reading the Scripture. "C-can't.. C-can't you just k-kill me already..? Ain't.. Ain't one for religion.." I hope it ain't real. I'm going to hell if it is.

Frank didn't stop CPR. He had to keep her heart beating. As it stood, it wasn't beating nearly enough and it was only getting worse. Doing CPR on someone in this state wasn't the best idea, but the vigilante was panicking. "No! You stay and look after us! I'm just... a stupid old man, and Desmond's a kid, like you! Who's gonna take care of me when I'm old?" Frank smiled.

Ridley just huffed slightly.. Something of a tolled laugh. It hurt, but she couldn't help it. "I.. I a-ain't too good w-with lookin' out for p-people.."

Desmond looked back at her, his glowing golden eyes matching hers as she slid farther and farther from this life.

"Hey. You made a couple of old monsters feel again. Pretty sure they're going to let you through the pearly gates for that little trick." He gave a little smile, trying to ease her passing. "If you don't flirt with them on the way in."

All the Siren could manage to do was muster a faint smile in return, golden eyes starting to lose their glow... Even her alluring aura seemed to be evaporating.

"Heh.. That sh-shouldn't be hard.. Only one person I wanna flirt with, anyways.." That.. Was quite possibly the blood loss talking. She always flirted.. It was just what she did. So it was... An odd idea.

It didn't matter, though.. Ridley Duchannes was fading. But it was filled with pain and taking longer and more agony than she had assumed.

Frank shook her. CPR wouldn't do jackshit and he knew it. She'd taken a bullet to the lungs. Nothing they had could help. "Ridley? Ridley? C'mon... C'mon..."

And in the momentous roar that came from the Light Shining In The Darkness, did Joshua end the story of Ridley.

If only others here could Kelt, or hear her thoughts.. Maybe they'd get the last thing the Caster could say.

I.. I-I'm sorry..

It would be the first time in a bit where Joshua felt as though he achieved his objective in avenging Bayonetta... And yet forlorn that he killed someone so young. "Go with God." He simply stated, the silence all around him would make him look at both Frank at Desmond, holstering the pistol. "It must have been done." He then stepped away from the both of them as he dropped down against the podium, knowing that his actions will go noticed, and in which the Burned Man, simply went to being a man. A man who was now broken.

"I'll see you soon Rid," Desmond said quietly, gently lowering her to the floor.

SOgCdak.png

bDiwLUt.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

"Hehehe... Upupupu! It's finally over! It's finally my turn! It's finally... the end!"

KFwzFyv.png

"I've lost! This... this is how despair feels! This is Ultimate Despair like I've never felt before!! I had always been Despair-inducingly Despair-inducing! I've been bored of everything since the moment I was born! There is only one thing I ever looked forward to my entire life... The first, last, and greatest Despair! The moment I die!! Ahhh! I'm super-Despair-inducingly happy!!"

t0EEqdJ.png

bDiwLUt.png

"Ahaha... Ahahahaha!! I never really cared about losing! After all, it's all the same if you win or lose... The outside world is Despair, and this school is also Despair! There's nothing but Despair for you all! Once you take down Aki, there will always be someone behind him... Despair is catching! It is like wildfire!"

KfuJbqF.png

"Despair will stand in your fuckin' way time after time! No matter where you go...! No matter where you try to hide...! They are two faces of the same fuckin' coin, you know...! Wherever there is Hope, there is most definitely Despair!! Do you fucking degenerates really think you can keep hold of that Hope of yours?!"

8FG7TTv.png

"Oh, I've heard enough. That was my final speech, I don't need a reply. It's almost time for my "punishment"... I'm about to enjoy that Despair you can only experience once in a lifetime...! The Despair of death!"

KFwzFyv.png

"Upupu... Upupupu...! Ah, it's so wonderful... This is death's Despair, isn't it...! Even one tenth... no, even one hundredth of this Despair...! I wanted everyone in the world to experience something like that...! I wanted to paint the world with such stunning Despair! Let's give it all we got! It's execution time! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

ZCJ3OnW.gif

A conveyor belt activates from under Makoto, moving him away from his podium. He moved to the side of the trial room, where the curtains rise to reveal a student's desk and chair. Makoto sits down on it, which turns on the lights-- revealing a giant crusher at the end of the conveyor belt.

3gylr0m.gif

iIIcnJY.gif

Makoto's face grows red from the anticipation. The crusher looms closer and closer.

dQgVaGv.gif

As Makoto is moved under it, time seems to stand still. The boy glances upward, just before--

kYp79Fs.png

7NIRVHu.png

IXNC9GD.jpg

In the silence of the trial room, Ludger gingerly goes to grab the device. The mood is somber as he presses down on the red button, opening a large door at the back of the trial room.

TVFxJKO.png
tNpRqLq.png

The death of Ridley while a sad one was a predictable one...you can't rescue someone if they didn't want to be saved. Instead Storm would turn her attention towards the two new woman. "I believe I speak for all of us when I say none of us are looking for another fight. Can we possibly solve this without any bloodshed?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Aqua stood back, already shocked and unhappy with the events that had happened already. However, when she saw the dark Aqua and Aoko appear, the master was even more surprised.

"Wh-What in the world..."

"Well, hello there original me," the data Aqua said, walking toward her with an evil smirk on her face. The real Aqua froze, her eyes going wide as her opposite glared at Aqua with her own piercing yellow eyes.

"Or maybe I should say, Ms. Boring Goodie Goodie. I suppose the sequel turned out better than the original, huh?"

Aqua stepped back, only for the copy to reach out and grab her chin.

"I-I don't think you're any better than me."

The copy chuckled. "Look again. I'm more free than you, not bound by honor, duties, responsibilities, or pathetic notions of "friendship" like you are. Someday, you'll see things the way I see them, and start listening to that dark voice that whispers to you in the corner of your mind..."

Gasping, Aqua summoned her keyblade and quickly struck at the copy, pushing her back.

OAfkWUG.png

"Shut up! I'll never be that way!"

Dark Aqua chuckled.

"So confident! Well then, let me show you how weak you and your group really are!"

Dark Aqua dashed past Aqua and toward the group, grabbing one of the people by their throat. She lifted up Wander and lit his body up with a magical, black fire that engulfed him entirely, killing him before the group's eyes.

Apparently, they weren't going to settle this without bloodshed.

@EVERYONE

Aqua stood back, already shocked and unhappy with the events that had happened already. However, when she saw the dark Aqua and Aoko appear, the master was even more surprised.

"Well, hello there original me," the data Aqua said, walking toward her with an evil smirk on her face. The real Aqua froze, her eyes going wide as her opposite glared at Aqua with her own piercing yellow eyes.

"Or maybe I should say, Ms. Boring Goodie Goodie. I suppose the sequel turned out better than the original, huh?"

The copy chuckled. "Look again. I'm more free than you, not bound by honor, duties, responsibilities, or pathetic notions of "friendship" like you are. Someday, you'll see things the way I see them, and start listening to that dark voice that whispers to you in the corner of your mind..."

Gasping, Aqua summoned her keyblade and quickly struck at the copy, pushing her back.

OAfkWUG.png

Dark Aqua chuckled.

"So confident! Well then, let me show you how weak you and your group really are!"

Dark Aqua dashed past Aqua and toward the group, grabbing one of the people by their throat. She lifted up Wander and lit his body up with a magical, black fire that engulfed him entirely, killing him before the group's eyes.

@EVERYONE

Riley aimed his Gauss Rifle. "Step. Away." He said. He equipped his Power Armor to defend himself. "This rifle could utterly destroy you. It does wonders on AI, as I've said to Monokuma." Riley looked through the scope.

@OrlandoBloomers @Mari

The little reaper chirped joyfully.

latest

"I can really play? Yay!"

The bigger male reaper, Higashizawa, grunted. "Yeah, the players seem all right with it. Anyhow, let's get started then. Go find a podium," he told Coco.

While Coco made her way over toward a podium, Bayonetta and Max would see... a strange shadowy figure appear in the distance. It ominiously walked toward the players...

"All these podiums are too big for me. Can we get one that's small--"

Suddenly, Coco was lifted into the air by the shadowy monster. The child screamed, struggling in it's grasp.

"Eeek! Let me down! If the game is gonna have scary monsters in it, I don't want to play anymore!"

Higashizawa's eyes widened. "That isn't supposed to be part of the game..."

day_4__ico_shadow_monster_by_lookhappy-d54gt7f.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Raven
CHAPTER FOUR DEAD END
"Crushing Silence"

I.. I-I'm sorry..

SOgCdak.png

bDiwLUt.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

KFwzFyv.png

t0EEqdJ.png

bDiwLUt.png

KfuJbqF.png

8FG7TTv.png

KFwzFyv.png

ZCJ3OnW.gif

3gylr0m.gif

iIIcnJY.gif

dQgVaGv.gif

kYp79Fs.png

7NIRVHu.png

IXNC9GD.jpg

TVFxJKO.png
tNpRqLq.png
Alice rolled her eyes as the voting finally came to close. "Wonderful. Now, can we please move on with our mission? I-"

And then a whole /bunch/ of shit happened.

Alice was stunned. She stared blankly as shots were fired and friendships were cemented just to end a few seconds later.

When the dust finally settled, she just slowly shook her head, a dull glare fixed on Lisa's crumpled form "Stupid. completely utterly stupid. AND POINTLESS! Why do none of you idiots seem to remember that this is demon is CONTROLLING people?! If one more person is stupid enough to-"

And then Makoto spoke up, she whirled, and irritable snarl on his face as he spoke and the execution was put in motion.

She did nothing. Just watched as the mad king of despair was pushed along to his own death.

Good.

She sighed and shook her head when it was over, anger simmered slightly with the interruption as Shanghai gently gripped her shoulder in comfort. The puppeteer gripped the hand and slowly nodded before turning to the others. "Right. That was a tragedy of foolish regard. But we must press on. What must we do to move-"

Man she was really good at getting cut off today as the door slid open and she and her daughters whirled to face it. Her gaze darkened as she saw who it was, and a cadre of dolls appeared behind her with a snap of her fingers as she stared coolly at the two. She remembered Aoko's strike from gotham, and miss aqua was no slouch either

So Alice, as always, adjusted herself to their level, and these dolls were far larger than the others, only slightly smaller than Alice with lance and spear in hand each

pq2SjKS.png

"Miss Aoko. And... another Miss Aqua, I presume. Flipped by fate to the opposite of their real world counterparts."

The dolls raised their weapons, a phalanx of adorable death as Alice raised her hand to prepare the command.

"Even should you be their opposites, there is one thing I assume you share- intelligence, and common sense. Pick this fight, and you will die"

@Verite @Jeremi @Unlimited RP Works @TheBlueBurch @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @WHOEVER ELSE IS DEALING WITH THESE MYSTIC LADIES

Last edited:
"Hey hey, I hear voices too. Screaming, blame, crying. Like music to my ears," Shiki spoke, piping in on their conversation since Frank seemed inactive at the moment, "Pray for her? But pray to whom? God? Heh, a wicked woman like that... She's surely on her way to Hell. Shame I couldn't ask her to give the Devil my regards," he said uncaringly, shrugging briefly, before the two women would appear before him.

"Aha, it looks like we have company," he said excitedly, running a hand through his hair, "An alternate version of the woman I've known since forever, and her friend as well. This ought to be interesting."

For now, he wouldn't attack. It contradicted his instinctive nature to kill anyone and anything he pleased, especially if they posed a possible threat, but he'd rather not have a lightsaber on his groin. Not yet anyway.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Erryone​
"Are you still crazy McCrazerShiki mode?"

char_103698_thumb.jpg

OAfkWUG.png

Dark Aqua chuckled.

@EVERYONE
Storm would just sigh in defeat...just this once she hopped that they could've gotten away with out a fight. "We have to be able to solve this with out fighting. You are two against many. You have no hope." But Storm knew it was useless, the madness of battle had taken over them now...This was about to become yet another clusterfuck.

The same girl that had seduced Chloe against her will and made out with her, invoking Super Max to step in and save the day. She had ended up turning out to be a traitor and died for it. While Chloe's mind tried to justify it, this was something that would never fade away with time. She had slotted in a vote that ended up with someone else losing their life. This seemingly endless cycle of death was quickly growing to be more than Chloe could stand to stomach.

Not to mention that it appeared there was another Aqua and this one had a bone to pick. Which couldn't have been demonstrated better by the fact that she straight up murdered another one of their numbers. Reaching for the gun she had strapped to her back aka the one Felix had so generously given to her, she aimed it at Dark Aqua.

"Listen here bitch! We've had enough death for a while so unless you want your ass blown to kingdom come and back, you'll cool your jets and re-think picking a fight with us!!" She snapped as tried to hold the Incinerator Cannon steady. Yeah, she was pretty sure if she fired this it'd turn her left arm into a mess so bad it'd resemble jigsaw pieces but she was so done with this fighting and killing.

latest
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Silver Paladin @Schnee Corp Lawyer @whoeverelse​

@OrlandoBloomers @Mari

The little reaper chirped joyfully.

latest

"I can really play? Yay!"

The bigger male reaper, Higashizawa, grunted. "Yeah, the players seem all right with it. Anyhow, let's get started then. Go find a podium," he told Coco.

While Coco made her way over toward a podium, Bayonetta and Max would see... a strange shadowy figure appear in the distance. It ominiously walked toward the players...

"All these podiums are too big for me. Can we get one that's small--"

Suddenly, Coco was lifted into the air by the shadowy monster. The child screamed, struggling in it's grasp.

"Eeek! Let me down! If the game is gonna have scary monsters in it, I don't want to play anymore!"

Higashizawa's eyes widened. "That isn't supposed to be part of the game..."

day_4__ico_shadow_monster_by_lookhappy-d54gt7f.jpg

Bayonetta sighed. I might never get back to the living, at this rate, she thought.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @OrlandoBloomers

CHAPTER FOUR DEAD END
"Crushing Silence"

I.. I-I'm sorry..

SOgCdak.png

bDiwLUt.png

V1G6kwy.gif

GUILTY

KFwzFyv.png

t0EEqdJ.png

bDiwLUt.png

KfuJbqF.png

8FG7TTv.png

KFwzFyv.png

ZCJ3OnW.gif

3gylr0m.gif

iIIcnJY.gif

dQgVaGv.gif

kYp79Fs.png

7NIRVHu.png

IXNC9GD.jpg

TVFxJKO.png
tNpRqLq.png
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@DapperDogman @Atomyk @The others

Both Ruby and Sophie watched on in horror as two people lost their lives right in front of their eyes... Sophie was blinking so quickly that one could hardly tell when her eyes were actually open, it was a desperate attempt to hold back her tears. The two remained silent, even through the execution of Makoto, both of them clearly still trying to process this, though, Sophie was crying, Ruby remained strangely stone-face, but, her eyes betrayed the fact that she too felt quite upset at all of this. Once Ruby came to her senses, she elbowed Sophie gently, snapping her out of her thoughts as she looked towards the two more sinister looking people standing in front of them... So familiar, yet, seemingly strangers... Ruby began to look around for Soul, looking a bit worried "Soul!!! Soul? Where are you!" she called out, her eyes darting left and right as she tried to spot that white haired male... In the meantime, Sophie squeezed her eyes shut upon seeing the more sinister version of Aqua suddenly kill Wander in front of them. Then, a sense of deja-vu coursing through her, she opened her eyes and suddely worked up the courage to speak, definitely louder than usual "S-stop!" she shouted, it seemed she had developed a sense of selflessness once more, just like her last moments in that dreadfull Silent Hill Murder game...​

For a split second, Claire saw herself in the alternate Aqua.

Gf3XffH.png

Stop being so similar to me, Aqua. I can't stand it.

"Aqua, can you really fight... yourself?" She let the question linger in the air for a moment, before she witnessed one of their own being suddenly and violently killed. Claire fell down, ducking under her podium. She moved a few podiums down to reach Chloe's, her pistol at the ready. "Stay down, and stick next to me. We're stronger together."

OgFgVXv.png

Ludger transformed before everyone's eyes, a spear twirling in his hands. "The last ones... our final obstacle!" Dark spheres exploded outward from the tip of Ludger's weapon and circled around the enemies, his arm raising up behind him so that he could throw it at the next woman to attack.

Meanwhile, Junko just cried.

bIaXBRv.png

"Why has everyone gone insane?!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @TheBlueBurch

Izana sighs, Looking away from it all. "In the grand scheme of things, we're doing better than we did in Eden, But I still feel guilty over it... We should have done something...." He sighs, looking down, bfore glancing at Jake and Stitch. "I dunno, What do you think we should do?"

@Raven @Lizzy
Stitch shrugged. Then stared. "You have been dragged into this sort of thing before?" He asked curious.

Jake just nodded. "I'm not sure what to do now.... Well there is hope none of us are next... And then figuring out I guess how many tratiors there are..." He said not remembering if there was more than one.

Once more the one who had picked Jake who for all the dragon knew was in his dragon's council just shook there head. They hopped Stitch does better at remembering numbers.

@FireDrake150 @Lizzy @Others

Status
Not open for further replies.