Murder Game III: Welcome to Silent Hill

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, I've been here an entire year already. I'm just thankful that the others didn't get caught up in this." Siegfried spoke to himself, his chains rattling as he made another mark along the wall, a small smile covering his scarred and bruised face.
"It sure would be nice to see them again, but, sadly, that's never meant to be."
Looking at his large claw of a right arm, he shook his head, placing his left hand on his forehead as the tears slowly fell. "I've been through test after test after this blasted arm returned. Now I'm being used for experiments, and this demon inside of me grows stronger day by day. It's only a matter of time before I break these bonds and kill everyone here. I just pray that that day, I won't have to be a prisoner in my own body like I was so many years ago."
The hall leading to his cell deep in the bowels of Umbrella's Secret Underground Facility seemed quiet, as usual, yet the drugs had done their work: increasing his senses well beyond what they were, as well as allowing him to break every set of chains he'd been bound in to date.
The only side effect of these experiments was that it had reawakened the beast within him, and its thirst for blood and souls had been growing day by day, now almost unbearably so.
The thoughts of his friends and family were all that had kept his mind in tact, yet now the faces and voices of those he swore to protect are little more than shadows in his memories, replaced with the trials and tribulations brought on him by the Umbrella Corporation in their mission to create the ultimate life form.
The tests seemed to be going well, but at what cost?
You're encased in Testing Chamber #151, virtually a test tube. A breathing apparatus was forcefully attached between your lips and nose, suctioning Desflurane, a potent general anesthetic, pumping chemicals into your lungs. It felt relaxing, as if you didn't want to move. You're examined by Dr. Marice Baum, senior medical staff, who listlessly jotted down ineligible scribbles on a clipboard.

She honestly didn't want to be here.

Miss Baum hated working for the Umbrella Corporation, but it was the only work she could get. 34 years old and a disgraced bio-engineer, she was desperate. And organizations like Umbrella fed on that desperation. They paid well, but she was forever marked. She was able to support her kid, but she could never get a real life. No, that was far behind her.

umbrella-sciences-sn1.jpg

... Oh, and about Umbrella making you a super-powerful well-honed demi-god-man... thing...

She directed Shiki to double back up a few floors so that they could find the G-Virus and the Prototype-Crossed virus. They approached the lab, being careful to avoid detection and hoping to sneak up on the two researchers present.
MEANWHILE...

"So you're saying this is Umbrella's ultimate B.O.W.?"

A middle-aged man, blonde, dressed smartly in a medical coat with an Umbrella insignia clasp over his tie, blonde hair hung over, objected, "No, Christine. It's far too aggressive. The Prototype-"Crossed" virus is unpredictable and, from Annette's research, easily spreads through all modes of transmission. [A pause] We need to destroy it. Tell Director Spencer the experiment is a failure." Dr. William Birkin shook his head, wishing he was somewhere else, instead of having to bio-engineer an unstable pathogen. It stole time away from his family, from his precious G-Virus...

... And they send some Japanese virologist-slash-thug to ensure his cooperation. Birkin did admit, however, Christine Yamata aka 'CODENAME: FOUR-EYES' was an excellent learner. Heh. Even Annette groaned in jealousy at times.

Four-Eyes, as we'll call her, idly examined her turret-manned security cameras, criss-crossing almost every barely discernible path, slung up maliciously against Sector C-4's metal walls. True, I did say guards were NOT present, but you're faced with an insurmountable sum of very lethal, very deadly, and very accurate, ahah, dare I say, "extreme security measures." A soft 'whirr' of a camera spinning met your ears...

Oh, and there's keypads: SECURITY CLEARANCE 5.

Think you can hack 'em?

@Ziogen
@Atomyk

Oh hi.... I'm guessing from the pain I feel we are alive again...*she rubbed her head as she looked around the area.* Don't think we'll get far from the looks of it though... *she stands up dusting her clothes off*
@Zadok shadows
@MrDubWubs

Indeed, you ARE alive again!

There's a ladder leading down from the clocktower and into a chapel? Do you both decide to A.) Visit the Church B.) Explore the streets of Raccoon City?

Shiki (Umbrella Corp)
Claire was about to make a move, but Shiki held her back and made a sign for silence. The guard entered, and almost too-easily, left himself open. After he reported in, Shiki made her move. Dashing out of cover, she would hit his back and grab his arm, trying to spin around with one of her palms on his jaw to keep him silent through the mask. Aiming to both disarm him and break his arm with the spin, she would then deliver a smashing elbow to the back of the guard's neck to send him into nap mode.

If the guard was successfully taken down, Shiki would hide him in their previous hiding place and carry on without comment, following Claire.
It didn't take long for the U.S.S. Operative to fall slack, he released a harsh groan, "UGH!" Lucky for you, his transmitter wasn't flipped on. He dropped his MP5 sub-machine gun, limp as you took him down. Nice work! It doesn't appear anyone else is signaling him... yet. Do you decide to keep his walkie-talkie? Y/N?

Claire - Umbrella Research Center - Shiki

Claire stood back as Shiki effortlessly took out the guard. Claire was impressed to say the least, and she found herself smiling at the other woman. Claire couldn't be happier that she had her on her side. She stepped forward and grabbed the MP5 for herself, as she knew Shiki would have no interest in the weapon. For a brief moment, Claire considered removing the man's gear as well, but decided that it would be more hassle that it was worth. Also probably more gross than it was worth. She did pick up his walkie-talkie however, handing it to Shiki before they proceeded to Sector C-4.

There, the security was much tighter than before, and it gave Claire chills. She'd been in the bowels of this particular Umbrella facility once before, but that was after the outbreak and after the station had fallen into heavy disrepair. Her memory of the facility was shoddy now, especially with so many other conflicting memories pulling at her. They'd managed to avoid the security cameras upon their arrival to C-4 by pure instinct, but now the pair were met with a keypad that Claire wasn't sure they could clear. With the cameras threatening to expose them at any moment, Claire felt herself starting to sweat. She drew out a breath from deep inside her and ran a finger over the words SECURITY CLEARANCE 5.

"Five. That's higher than before." Her voice was laced with doubt; Claire didn't think she was up for this. She wanted to tell Shiki that they should head back, but moving back and forth between floors at this point seemed almost as risky as trying her luck with the keypad. She needed a moment to review, so she drew Shiki away from the pad, her eyes scanning upward to stay inside the few blind spots available to them. There was always Sector P-4, where she'd created the G-Vaccine for Sherry. If things went badly, Claire figured it could benefit them to have a pair of those on hand--

No, that was a long shot. It was doubtful they'd be even be able to get away with creating one vaccine, let alone two. At this point, Claire figured she was only stalling, and mentally kicked herself for doing so. She had to take the chance, even if it meant risking everything. Claire was a survivor, and she knew survival would never be easy in this world. "Stay back and watch the cameras," Claire whispered, her eyes on the keypad. "Alert me if something comes up." She then crossed the threshold, moving to the keypad so that she could start going to work on it.

@Akibahara
@Ziogen

Aiden looked down to the ladder and to the chaple. He looked at what options they had. "I think we should look up here for any weapons that can be used before giving up our spot. We should then head for the chapel so we at least have cover. From there we can find a way to survive this ordeal. What do you think?"

@MrDubWubs

Seigfried remained motionless, unaware of his plight, as he sat within his mind, the calm of his body mirrored by the chaos within.
As he shifted his mental shackles, he felt as though he were being restrained for a reason, yet had no way of realizing just what he was truly going through.
Reflecting on the mental tortures of the past year, he'd found himself spiraling further and further towards the darkness buried deep within, the physical corruption unapparent, yet the mental degradation was beginning to take its toll.

"So, what kinds of things are they going to pump into me today?" he said to himself, doing his best to not slip into madness in his solitary cell. "I wonder if it'll be strong enough to release me from this living hell. I sure hope so, because I have promises to keep, and it's been far too long to forget them. Come for me, doc, I'll show you...your greatest nightmare!"

@Akibahara

[ I'll just.. Knock on the door of Elsa's house even if they isn't really interact before... ]

Rin actually has a wife. About three years younger than him. Anyways. Rin was walking up to Elsa's place. He didn't really talk to her before.. But she had invited most people to the hospital to see her baby. His Wife knew her, since she hung around her a lot. It was a slow day and he wanted to do something. So meet old friends was a option. He knocked on the door. His long black coat with a white dress shirt underneath was fixed at the door. His messy black hair.. Well he didn't care about that's his blue eyes were outstandingly blue.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Whoever else is with her..

Aiden looked down to the ladder and to the chaple. He looked at what options they had. "I think we should look up here for any weapons that can be used before giving up our spot. We should then head for the chapel so we at least have cover. From there we can find a way to survive this ordeal. What do you think?"

@MrDubWubs
Sounds better than what I was thinking. *She shrugs with a smile and begins to look around for anything resembling a shot gun or something heavy she could put around her fists*
@Akibahara

Sophie nodded "I'll try my best..." she said quietly, it was all she could say surprisingly enough in this moment... All she could do was hope it would never come to that, ever... She would ensure that no matter what, it didn't have to come to that. However one thing she did know was that Silent Hill never seemed to leave her mind, that accursed town was plaguing her mind non-stop, and she had a distinct feeling that one day; they'd have to return there... "And... Don't worry about favors, I think we've done alot for each other." Sophie added with a little smile.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crazy 8 Nate

Elsa smiled, happy her friends were so helpful. "Thank you again. And I know you say not to worry about favors, but if either of you seriously needed anything I would help you out. I'll start by making it to Lee's wedding," she replied.

When she heard a knock at the door, Elsa excused herself and went to open it. She smiled, gesturing for Rin to come in. He was an old friend, but she never saw him often.

"Wow, it's been a while! Come in! How are you doing?" she asked, standing back so she could let him in.

@york @Crazy 8 Nate @Rin Okumura

(( Mid-round updates occur AFTER Claire & co escape the Umbrella Facility! ))

York opened his briefcase, looking at the documents and records on this company...

UMBRELLA

"What is their goal?" he muses
He'd been reinstated into the FBI, though they didn't trust him at first, they saw his ID, and listened to what he'd had to say, they knew he was really from the future, and let him back on the force, though he wasn't sure how this would affect the events of his life...he wasn't sure if Emily would survive to due a lack of involvement with the Red Tree...
"But never mind that...I have work to do" he muses, reaching for his pistol, slipping it into his holster
"Time to find out just what this...Umbrella corp...is up to"
He takes a step out his rather smokey office and into the hallways of the house he and Raven shared
"So, Raven...you sense anything? I picked up on a little supernatural activity, but then again, it's possible it was just you"

He and Raven shared a house for now, to help them care for the child...while he wasn't sure if the deadline for their "Marriage" had passed, he didn't much care...he'd been too busy with the whole Umbrella investigation to bother with romance...
That and he still felt a little unsure about the whole thing...
He still had feelings for so many women...he was sure they were just because they reminded him of Emily in one way or another...

On this one day, she felt revived. Brought back up from the murky waters of her mental illness.
Again...it happened again. She thought. She quickly dove into the pages of her tome, flipping to the most recent page.
It goes as follows.

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
I can hear them when I cry at night. I can hear them groan. I can hear them scoff. The voices both inside and outside of my head. Arthas still barks at me, while Ellie screams. Godfrey laughs out of spite, while Elsa whines and complains. They have nothing over me. They have lost their daughters, their sons, their siblings. I have lost myself. I have lost EVERYTHING! THEY CANNOT POSSIBLY COMPARE TO ME! I AM-
Sylvanas closed the tome before she could read anymore, and she dared not open it again.
She knew it would be the same thing upon every page.
She scanned her surroundings. She was...in a park...standing before a cottage, and before a small lake. She looked to her left to see the massive city expanse, almost releasing a whistle at its grandeur. It was the ordinary thing...she was always shocked by the sight when she came to. She walked through the roads warily, finding herself stumbling across the Racoon City College.
"Racoon City..." She mumbled. "Let's see what you have to offer."
Raccoon University was a sprawling center of education, diversity, and tolerance. You saw students walk in and out, sporting textbooks and other scholastic necessities. A cheerleader, early 20s, giggles with her cadre of bitchy "cool girl" friends- she points at your deep blue skin, "Ew! I bet she has AIDS! Wait, only fags get that, right?" She scratched her head... and hey, it WAS the late '90s, AIDS was relatively new then.

Fired-Up-movie-01.jpg

Claire - Umbrella Research Center - Shiki
Claire stood back as Shiki effortlessly took out the guard. Claire was impressed to say the least, and she found herself smiling at the other woman. Claire couldn't be happier that she had her on her side. She stepped forward and grabbed the MP5 for herself, as she knew Shiki would have no interest in the weapon. For a brief moment, Claire considered removing the man's gear as well, but decided that it would be more hassle that it was worth. Also probably more gross than it was worth. She did pick up his walkie-talkie however, handing it to Shiki before they proceeded to Sector C-4.
There, the security was much tighter than before, and it gave Claire chills. She'd been in the bowels of this particular Umbrella facility once before, but that was after the outbreak and after the station had fallen into heavy disrepair. Her memory of the facility was shoddy now, especially with so many other conflicting memories pulling at her. They'd managed to avoid the security cameras upon their arrival to C-4 by pure instinct, but now the pair were met with a keypad that Claire wasn't sure they could clear. With the cameras threatening to expose them at any moment, Claire felt herself starting to sweat. She drew out a breath from deep inside her and ran a finger over the words SECURITY CLEARANCE 5.
"Five. That's higher than before." Her voice was laced with doubt; Claire didn't think she was up for this. She wanted to tell Shiki that they should head back, but moving back and forth between floors at this point seemed almost as risky as trying her luck with the keypad. She needed a moment to review, so she drew Shiki away from the pad, her eyes scanning upward to stay inside the few blind spots available to them. There was always Sector P-4, where she'd created the G-Vaccine for Sherry. If things went badly, Claire figured it could benefit them to have a pair of those on hand--
No, that was a long shot. It was doubtful they'd be even be able to get away with creating one vaccine, let alone two. At this point, Claire figured she was only stalling, and mentally kicked herself for doing so. She had to take the chance, even if it meant risking everything. Claire was a survivor, and she knew survival would never be easy in this world. "Stay back and watch the cameras," Claire whispered, her eyes on the keypad. "Alert me if something comes up." She then crossed the threshold, moving to the keypad so that she could start going to work on it.
The keypad was complex. Several sub-routines switched every few minutes to stave off intruders such as yourself. One minute, you discover the code – the next, it pulls an 180 on you, and jumbles the cypher once again. And again. And again. Unfortunately, this would be a non-issue with a 'SECURITY CARD 5' which William Birkin possessed.
Wesker_Keypad.jpg

In a few minutes this won't matter...

"WARNING. THERE HAS BEEN A MAJOR BIOHAZARD LEAK. I REPEAT. THERE HAS BEEN A BIOHAZARD LEAK AT SECTOR B-2."
You saw emergency lights scream in protest, a red hue encircling the narrow corridors of the Umbrella labs. U.S.S. guards and scientists scattered by the droves, screaming commands in a frenzy, flicking the safety off their MP5 sub-machine guns. Ah- you heard it now: The screams of the troopers and the strange howl of the creatures rose above the rhythm of automatic rifles and the percussion of M67 HE grenades exploding up and out, shaking the ground as the heavy explosive charge fires towards the sky.

"Shit!" William Birkin shouted in protest, lightly cradling his wife in tow as Four-Eyes immediately deactivated the reinforced steel security frames, whirring open like the gates of Heaven itself! The turrets were off, too – slung low, their barrels pistoned toward the cold, hard ground.

You're able to access Sector C-4 in it's entirety now.

Capture Birkin? Y/N?

@Ziogen
@Atomyk

MEANWHILE...
"So you're saying this is Umbrella's ultimate B.O.W.?"
A middle-aged man, blonde, dressed smartly in a medical coat with an Umbrella insignia clasp over his tie, blonde hair hung over, objected, "No, Christine. It's far too aggressive. The Prototype-"Crossed" virus is unpredictable and, from Annette's research, easily spreads through all modes of transmission. [A pause] We need to destroy it. Tell Director Spencer the experiment is a failure." Dr. William Birkin shook his head, wishing he was somewhere else, instead of having to bio-engineer an unstable pathogen. It stole time away from his family, from his precious G-Virus...
... And they send some Japanese virologist-slash-thug to ensure his cooperation. Birkin did admit, however, Christine Yamata aka 'CODENAME: FOUR-EYES' was an excellent learner. Heh. Even Annette groaned in jealousy at times.
Four-Eyes, as we'll call her, idly examined her turret-manned security cameras, criss-crossing almost every barely discernible path, slung up maliciously against Sector C-4's metal walls. True, I did say guards were NOT present, but you're faced with an insurmountable sum of very lethal, very deadly, and very accurate, ahah, dare I say, "extreme security measures." A soft 'whirr' of a camera spinning met your ears...
Oh, and there's keypads: SECURITY CLEARANCE 5.
Think you can hack 'em?
// Pretty sure that's your 1000th post, congrats Aki (:

Reactions: Akibahara
There are no weapons. This is a chapel. A priest smiles at you as you step down the ladder. He doesn't appear to care, "Ah, enjoying the view, my children?" Father Jonas Smith, aged 56, idly crossed his arms behind his back as he lit a few candles, "Oh, don't mind me, my children. I'm merely doing the Lord's work. Feel free to do as you wish!"

FatherSmall.jpg

@MrDubWubs
@Zadok shadows

Though, since you were searching for weapons, I bet you expected to find this!

Last edited:
Seigfried remained motionless, unaware of his plight, as he sat within his mind, the calm of his body mirrored by the chaos within.
As he shifted his mental shackles, he felt as though he were being restrained for a reason, yet had no way of realizing just what he was truly going through.
Reflecting on the mental tortures of the past year, he'd found himself spiraling further and further towards the darkness buried deep within, the physical corruption unapparent, yet the mental degradation was beginning to take its toll.
"So, what kinds of things are they going to pump into me today?" he said to himself, doing his best to not slip into madness in his solitary cell. "I wonder if it'll be strong enough to release me from this living hell. I sure hope so, because I have promises to keep, and it's been far too long to forget them. Come for me, doc, I'll show you...your greatest nightmare!"
Your apparatus stops, the goo you're trapped in vanishes... if you're able, bust out of your prison!

Not long after Ellie left Elsa's building, she heard a man honking his horn. Looked like yet another visitor for Elsa. Ellie slid her hands into the pockets of her jeans and smiled a little bit. It looked like Elsa was going to be busy, plenty of people wanting to see her. Maybe it was her own fault, she thought, maybe she shouldn't have waited so long. On top of that, she chose to have no friends, so there was no reason for her to be upset? But then why was she? Was it jealousy? Probably.

Anyway, she realized that seeing the little kid would have to wait for a little while. For now, it would probably be best to head back to the orphanage and be bored there. She was suspended from school for a week, so obviously homework could wait. It was probably going to be a long and boring night yet again.

If anyone needed her, they'd visit. ;)

Reactions: Akibahara
Status
Not open for further replies.