Status
Not open for further replies.
"...I haven't been outside, Anna. I can't judge how wonderful modern society is without being in amongst it myself. You're lucky, you know. An hour outside a day is still an hour more than I have. Why did I have to get killed? I mean, I get why. Confined to the house I love for eternity and whatnot, b-but... but I'd rather be like you, a vampire or something. I... I genuinely hate being dead," he sighed heavily, any hopes of him returning to his more upbeat personality ending the second he rested his head on his hands and began to simultaneously sniffle and glitch. "...Where's my body, anyway? You guys did bury me somewhere nice, didn't you? B-Because... I think I deserve a nice grave. I'm probably in a ditch someplace grim, aren't I?"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"We buried you underneath the pine tree in the backyard, and we made the best headstone we could. There isn't a graveyard within an hour of here, Montague, so... this is the best we could do. Maybe we could have these human kids help? Pay them, get you a proper grave. Until then, I though that the pine tree would be a peaceful place, you know?" She replied in a whisper, before offering her hand with a smile. While she could be notoriously cold, Montague was often spoiled by her motherly personality.

"Look, we all were dealt a pretty awful hand, but there's something good about this. The furniture has never looked this good, hm? Plus, I'm almost certain that these kids will help us. They can do errands if we're nice enough, eh?" She cooed, before sliding her tea over to the other.

"In the backyard? Out there? Oh g-gosh, Anna. That's so macabre," he spoke in hushed whispers, just in case his overly loud voice could be picked up by the humans, and explaining the conversation to them would be difficult to do, especially when Montague was a notoriously awkward and unconvincing liar.

Peering out into the yard through the window, he brought his lips to the tea gratefully, before pursing them once realising his body -or skeleton, at this point- had only ever been a few feet away. "It's... better than nothing, I suppose. Thank you... A-Anyway, you're right, every cloud has a silver lining, and... the home is in tip-top condition, isn't it? I have your room to decorate, and Adalius'. Have you seen his room? It's horrendous. I find awful magazines stuffed away in there, and it stinks of alcohol, Anna. He's such a mess."​

"Trust me, someone wanted to bury you under the floorboards," she insisted, while offering a not so subtle glance towards the stairs, to the demon's bedroom. "Why do you think I plant flowers there every years? For one, I know you like them, but it also is sort of sentimental, in a way. Hey, now that the gig is up, would you like to pick what flowers get planted?" She offered, turning on her motherly charm. "I know you can't go outside, but I could do some landscaping if you'd like?"

"...I'd quite like roses planted in the garden. Mother adored roses, even though Father had hayfever and was constantly sneezing because of Mother's obsession. I think I'd like them more around the house, too. Red ones, obviously. For romance-- speaking of romance, what's the deal with Adalius?" He unsubtly grinned, not entirely caring about how obvious the segway was into the topic he had been focused upon for the best part of a hundred years now. He wasn't the biggest fan of the two together, but the ghost was an outrageous gossip. He was happy to chatter with Anna about her crushes and what men she had seen outside she quite fancied. Just as long as she didn't act on anything sexual with Adalius, he was content in chatting about it. In fact, he loved to. When you were confined to a house all day, any bit of gossip was appreciated.

"He must like you, I think. Who wouldn't? I personally don't find women all that attractive, I've learnt, but I can see you're rather beautiful, Anna. And Adalius... I've always found him utterly gorgeous. It's why I first hired him. I wouldn't employ someone as poor as he was, unless he had something going for him, and he had his looks," gushed Montague with a faint smirk on his lips, tapping the rim of the cup quietly. He couldn't drink from it, but he liked to at least have a cup with him when Anna had one - it made him forget, just momentarily, that he wasn't alive. "I do wish you and him stay friends, but if you... get close to him again, try and clean him up a little? He used to be so handsome, you know?"​

"I guess that's what happens to a guy who can't leave his home for more than an hour. See, you'll never change, you know? Adaluis and I both can grow hair. In his defense, the store is sort of out of the way, plus the beard makes him look a lot wiser and strong..." she admitted, while shooting a glance out the kitchen just in hopes to make sure said demon hadn't emerged for a beer.

"I wish he kicked his stupid drinking. It's awful, and totally pointless, hm? I mean, we're all immortal and he decides that he's going to drink what life he would have had away? It also takes up a huge chunk of our historic funding. Maybe the new girl could knock some sense into him, she seems feisty."

"That girl seems like a total bitch and I don't entirely like her very much. She randomly decides that we're all hateful, even though I welcome her into my home? Of course Adalius likes her. She's a woman. All she has to do is breathe and he'll be all over her, you know what he's like-- you both take me for a fool, but I know that he's brought women back here. I... would appreciate it he didn't sleep with them. I'm old-fashioned, Anna. Sex before marriage is... well, it's not... right." Montague muttered, huffing under his breath and making his feelings on the matter more than evident. He was never one to hold back, after all, and he did still cling to ideas and beliefs from the time he was alive, even if his friends informed him of how different society was now. There were some aspects he liked about the present day, granted, but some he turned his nose up at, and casual sex was one.

"He needs a good shave and a nice suit. He can borrow my father's old things, they're about the same size-- and you're always free to borrow my mother's dresses. She was such a glamorous woman, always wore the newest fashions. Not that your Gothic look isn't adorable, Anna, but a little... well, a little change can be a good thing."​

"I accept your advice, Monty, but I find my attire appropriate. Honestly, I haven't changed much since all those years ago, at least not visually. Some people change, that's natural. I mean, if we brought more people in the house, I'm sure you'd start to change, too. There isn't anything wrong with that..." she reassured, before offering a smile.

• Thank You
Reactions: potassiumboron
"...I'm never going to change, Anna. I'm pretty much stuck as I was when I was alive. In the same clothes, in the same house, always going to be with you and Adalius. I'd rather keep to the status quo and not change too much, but I just... I thought a nice dress on you with a little colour would be nice. Let's face it, I'm the one with the fashion sense in this house. Adalius strolls around half-naked, you're always in black like you're at a funeral. It's up to me to instil some fashion sense in you both, if you'd allow me to some time," responded the ghost with an unsubtle -but albeit playful- roll of his eyes as he examined his close friend-- at least until Adalius made his anticipated entrance into the kitchen for his usual midday beer. After batting heads with Madelyn earlier on, he felt a good cold beer was justified.

"...What's going on? Is this a secret little chat I'm not invited to? Am I the third wheel?" The demon grunted, leaning on the fridge after cracking the beer open with one hand. "Were you talking about me-- oh, I get it. Anna's declaring her undying love for me, isn't she? After all these decades, she wants to jump back into bed with me. Can't blame her. I'm pretty decent in bed, ain't I, vampy~?"​

"You are, indeed, the third wheel. We are, in fact, talking about you. We're discussing your God-awful hygiene and style. I may wear too much black, but I at least wear clothes." She emphasized, while shooting her own passive-aggressive glance towards Montague, a smile ghosting her lips. "Do you think that's a good representation of our home? Dirty jeans, that's it? Monty doesn't like the beard. I do, but that still won't convince me to have sex with you." She said firmly, before sipping the tea gently.

"You like the beard? Not gonna lie, I'm just too lazy to shave, but nice to know it's appreciated-- and don't pretend that you want me strolling around here in some ill-fitting modern shirt, Anna. You're only harping on at me because Montague wants me to look respectable. I think you'd be quite happy to let me wander about shirtless all day-- you know, that Maddie girl doesn't mind. She was eyeing me up and her pupils definitely dilated," he deliberately cooed in an effort to provoke some jealousy out of his former girlfriend, grinning satisfactorily as he eased back against the wall and took a long swig of his beer. "I don't see why I need t' look commendable. For who? For a couple of ex-homeless druggies upstairs? I probably look like a damn Prince compared to some people they've hung out with, alright?"​

"It would make me happy if you tried a little harder. I guess that doesn't matter, though. I mean, I'd be far more willing to make love to a man who has class, hm?" She cooed in returned, before getting up to set the cup in the sink in hopes to convince one of the new humans to clean. It would work as some form of minor compensation, in her mind, and it seemed that neither Adalius nor Montague really cared. She always was more of the stern member of their small family, and had no fear into smacking the humans into place.

"Or both of you can shake hands and agree to be just friends? If neither of you like the idea of me getting close to the human boy upstairs, I won't allow you to... have sex like rabbits again. I didn't like it back then, I won't like it now, but... well, I suppose you're both consenting adults..."

"Anna and I won't be making love anytime soon. I don't think we're supposed to be dating-- if we were, she'd accept me as I fucking am," grumbled the demon, his moment of teasing ending in a flash. He was temperamental, after all, and his mood could switch in seconds from happiness to moodiness, and he was often seen leaning towards the latter. "But hey, like I said, maybe I'll go gush over that Maddie girl. If you don't like me, Anna, you ain't going to be jealous, are you?"​

"You're going to have sex with that slut? Oh, honey, good luck." She replied, her eyes rolling. She was well aware of the demon's mood swings, and would waste no time in complaining about it behind Adalius' back. "Don't blame me if you get sick with some whorish disease."

"Maybe I will have sex with her. She's feisty and... she seems like fun. She certainly doesn't tell me to clean my fucking act up-- so you won't be jealous and bitter if I get with her at some point? She's going to be living here with us, so I think something could happen. Regardless of what you two think, I'm sort of a catch. All the local girls in the pub down the street say I'm handsome. You know Tia, behind the bar? She's given me her number countless of times, and I always said no because I thought you and I still had something-- but you're a real bitch, Anna."

"Okay, this is... this is getting really nasty now, let's n-not... hey, I'll go and see Johnathan! He said he would help set the dinner table, and I think we'll have dinner soon. I have the pork joint cooking, anyway. It's honey-glazed," babbled the ghost as he began to nibble on his thumbnail nervously, his eyes wide and flickering between his closest friends. "...Can we not argue? It's ruining the atmosphere."​

Anna grew silent, the air around her growing significantly colder as she locked a glare on Adalius, she decided to simply get to her feet with a scoff and storm up the stairs, knowing better than to truly flip shit at the demon. When the two fought, it wasn't human. It was telling, though, of her and Adalius' relationship, when an angry bite from Anna during a fight led to a rather heated makeout session. Instead, though, Anna decided to simply let out her anger on the walls upstairs, which could be heard in the form of a loud crack.

Now, Montague may have allowed Anna privacy in her room and respected her decision to decorate it as she saw fit, but that didn't mean he was going to sit back and allow her to break his walls. He had had to put up with Adalius breaking everything in his fits of rage, and he had chastised him, so he was hardly going to excuse the same thing from Anna.

"O-Okay, okay, no-- oh gosh, look what you've done!" He squeaked once arriving in the room in little more than a few seconds, frowning as he urgently attempted to hold together some of the ripped and broken wallpaper, while frowning towards his friend in disapproval. "...There's no need to take it out on the house, Anna. You'll repair this, like Adalius repairs everything he ruins--"

"Is everything cool? I mean, you sure are making a lot of noise." Madelyn said, having wandered to find the source of the noise and, at seeing Anna furiously standing opposite a hole in the wall, she raised a brow and smiled in amusement. She wanted to get on with the three, just so they had a place to stay, but she wasn't going to pretend she and Anna had hit it off. "My brother's trying to sleep, and hell, he deserves some rest--"

"Oh, yes, of course! I... I wouldn't want to disturb John," smiled Monty, and, if he could have blushed, he would be doing so right that moment at mention of the boy he had already developed a raging crush upon. "Anna here is just... we... she has a few anger issues, nothing you need to worry about~"​

Anna was heaving and clearly furious, her fangs out and unsubtle to Montague. In a split second, upon hearing someone else's footsteps from feet away, she seemed to effortlessly fix her hair and drop any sign of emotion. It was often how she treated other incompetent staff when the three were alive, and everyone but Montague had seen just how angry she could get. With a quick clear of her throat, she offered a thin lipped smile.

"I apologize, just some... mice, in the wall. I heard them scurrying through and I wanted to get them out. I'm not upset, and you have nothing to worry about," she reassured, her German accent thickened by how upset she was. "I do hope that your brother is fine."

"And the most sufficient way of removing mice is tearing holes in the wall? I mean, I've been homeless awhile, but I'm pretty sure this shit isn't what you do-- this house is, like, pretty special, ain't it? I don't think you should go ripping it apart, but what do I know? I'm just a druggie, that's what your friend said just now, isn't it? I'm not deaf. You guys have a lover's tiff or somethin'?" Maddie blatantly shrugged, her eyes unblinking and focused solidly on the vampire opposite her-- not that she was trying to deliberately anger her. In fact, she was trying to be a little more compassionate, as her brother had instructed. Maddie could be hard and tough, after all the two had been through, but, if they wanted to live in the house, she knew herself she needed to be a little more... friendly. "Look, I'm sure it ain't a huge deal-- my ex-boyfriend was a total douche. Gave me a broken rib and broke my brother's wrist, so if your boyfriend's just mad at you for something dumb, I'd say it ain't a big issue, darling..."

"Oh, they're just... they don't quite know how to work out how they feel is all. I'm sure they love one another dearly," gushed Montague, refusing to own up to the fact he was probably a barrier in the bickering. When he was constantly telling them both that them dating was a bad idea, how was anything going to get sorted without arguments taking place? "A-Anyway! I'll... just go fetch some bandages for you, Anna... Gosh, look at the wall... Maybe this is an excuse for me to decorate your whole room, now. It could do with some colour, Anna. Some nice purple bedsheets, silver cushions..."​

"Montague, you don't need to redecorate my room. I have no problem going out and getting the proper tools to fix it, hm?" She reassured, though she never let her own eyes leave Maddie's. While some might seem her steely look to be one of bitterness, she simply had a basic resting bitchface, that of which was more prominent as Anna tried to scan for Maddie's intentions.

"I'll make a cup of hot milk for your brother, if it'll help him sleep. Montague can agree that I make a very effective hot milk and honey drink... even though he should be awake and helping. I'm sure Montague has no problem having him sleep, hm?" She murmured, while offering a subtle wink towards her former master and close friend. "Maybe he'll even like to bring it in.'

Status
Not open for further replies.