Status
Not open for further replies.
"You treat him like a child, you always have. He's only like this because he's been spoilt and coddled his whole life. It's a fucking pain we can't take him out the house. I'd love to introduce him to a good bar, experience modern day life. He's living in the past, Anna, it's not healthy," continued Adalius, his harsh, bitter tone arriving purely out of his genuine care for Montague. Like Anna, Monty was, to Adalius, much like a younger brother. He felt he needed to protect him and keep him happy, which was why he had agreed to this stupid tenant thing in the first place: Monty wanted it, and Monty ultimately received it.

"Come sit by me, hm?" He finally drawled, patting the space on the bed with a growing grin. "Unless you're scared of me. I'm pretty scary nowadays, ain't I? I'd rather be like you, a vampire. It's pretty popular in those TV shows and movies, Anna."​

Rolling her eyes, she carefully set her tea and book aside to fully observe Adalius, fully taking in his clothes and hair with faux curiosity. She even leaned in close, if only to tease the demon, before easing back again with a snort of disbelief. She ran her fingers through her hair dismissively, though offered a smirk nonetheless.

"Scary? Oh, sweetheart, you look just like the same ass you've always looked. See, the difference between you and I is that, while you look all 'frightening', I can actually do damage. I mean, imagine what would happen if someone tried to hurt us? You wouldn't do anything. You'd probably, I don't know, toss a beer bottle at their head. Meanwhile, in that time, I could have already torn their heart out of their chest."

"What, and you don't think I can't? Have you seen that hole in the wall downstairs, behind Montague's parents' portrait? I think, if I can punch a hole through brick, I can tear a heart out of someone. And these human kids are testing me, really, so hey, don't be surprised if I do something like that. I'm a big, scary demon, Anna. Not some dumb human," he reminded with a flash of a grin, even if her teases had made him blush furiously and ease back against his pillows in irritation. He did still hold feelings for her, he always had, so to be teased like that when she was probably aware of his crush was... annoying, to say the least.

"Can't you just shut up and lay down with me? Or am I that repulsive to you now? You didn't complain a century ago when we were dating, and I'm like a fine wine. I get better the older I become~"​

Rolling her eyes, she took up his offer nonetheless and eased back into the bed with a heavy sigh. She immediately locked her gaze on the ceiling, seemingly being forced into her head to REALLY contemplate the whole situation.

"We need to act mature about this, hm? That's... That's our roles, anyway. We can handle this for a little while, I'm sure. They'll probably figure us out and go running in fear..."

"What on earth are you two discussing in here? You haven't been... fornicating, have you? Dear god, you better not have. We have guests! Besides, I won't put up with you two regularly sleeping together again. We left that in the past, a century ago. It was awful then, it'll be awful now," snapped Montague in a shrill tone, having manifested through the wall to visit his two close friends, until seeing them laid close together and assuming the worst.

Cringing at the dark room, and feeling physically sickened by the room's decor, he forced his insults aside to perch himself awkwardly at the edge of the bed. "...Do be dears and give those guys a chance? You know, I think that boy likes me. He said a lot of very complimentary things, and... well, he is rather dashing, isn't he~?"​

"Relax, Monty. We were simply laying down, with no intentions to do anything else. We were talking about the tenants, actually, and what problems they could bring," replied Anna, before carefully sitting up with a soft yawn, her eyes avoiding both men's while tugging on her slippers.

"Look, I don't know how I feel about the two. They seem... unreliable. Just because someone says some nice words and looks conventionally attractive doesn't mean that they have good intentions, hm?" She continued, before getting to her feet with a heavy sigh. "I trust you to do the right thing."

"But... But he's so sweet, and nobody has ever fancied me like that, Anna. You've always had boys adoring you. I remember having to deal with people knocking at my door when I was alive, asking to see you and hand you presents and gifts. Adalius is attractive too, so why can't I bathe in someone's affection for once?" Argued Monty, while scowling further once Adalius pulled Anna back down onto the bed with a playful grin. That just confirmed how she always had someone out there who liked her, didn't it? Whereas Monty had never so much as had a kiss. Was it so bad that he wanted the one person who called him cute to stay around as long as possible?

"He's so nice, Anna. He likes me decorating, and he loves the home, a-and... and I'll put up with his mean sister if it means I can be around him, s-so I won't accept any cruel comments to either of them, is that understood? I... I'm still technically the head of the house..."​

With a wary glance to Adalius, she eventually sighed in defeat and offered a passive shrug, all the while trying to listen the mood by running her fingers through her hair absently.

"Look, if it makes you happen, I'm alright with it. I just don't want you getting hurt, okay? I don't want you to go through his only to be dumped or who-knows-what... but I'll be nice," she reassured.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"That's wonderful to hear-- now that you agree to be nice and accommodating, I'd like you to go out and buy some expensive cigarettes for him, as a welcoming gift. A hundred dollars should cover it. I'm sure you can find a place that has high-quality tobacco and whatnot..."

"You are not spending a hundred dollars on a boy just to get him to like you, Monty. Fuck that, we need as much cash as we can get, so no, I refuse to let you splurge on some guy who called you cute. You're so... you're... you're a child sometimes, you're so naive. He's using you." Adalius muttered from the bed. It was a spoken rule between him and Anna that they avoid calling Monty naive or unaware, because it always upset him, but how else was he going to get the message across that he was being idiotic without openly saying so?

And predictably, Monty's lip quivered and his eyes grew glassy, his solid form glitching and becoming more see-through the more upset he became which, combined with his sudden sniffles and tears, was a sad sight that made Adalius guiltily groan. "I-I am not naive, I... I like him! I... I just want to make a friend, it isn't that... unheard of to spoil your friends. I've given you two everything..."​

"Montague, listen to me, okay? I want you to be safe, you're our friend, after all. If you think this guy is really, truly meant for you, then go for it. You're an adult, after all, hm? If you realize that he's not as great as you think he is, though, Adalius and I can rub it in your face. I think it's a fair trade-off." Anna replied simply, while offering a smile. "I won't let this douchebag hurt you, okay?"

"You dated Adalius once, and we all know that was an awful decision, but I kept my mouth shut until it inevitably ended. I want you to try and do the same if Johnathan and I do, miraculously, decided to court one another," he smiled, his tears almost immediately drying up at the other's promise. Quietly wandering to try and clear up the messy desk, and organise it without changing too much, he eyed just how relaxed Adalius was with a faint scowl. "...You won't date one another again, will you? It was awful being the... third wheel, I think that's the term. I disliked how uncomfortable I felt in my own home-- that Maddie girl is rather cute, Adalius. Maybe flirt with her, if Anna doesn't mind...?"​

"This 'Maddie' girl is a bitch," she replied sternly, drawing the line at the mention of her, stone-faced. "Life isn't about dating the first person you see, understand? That's not a good way of thinking. I'm going to start on some more tea, I don't think I want to talk about this right now..."

Once making her point clear, she walked swiftly from her room towards the kitchen, skillfully hiding her grimace.

Despite Adalius being too lethargic to shift himself up off the bed, Monty immediately trailed after Anna curiously, easily arriving in the kitchen before her. It was a perk of being dead. No matter how much his friends wanted privacy, they really couldn't avoid Montague when he was intent on talking to them, and seeing her reaction had spurred him into following her.

"You aren't jealous, are you? You and Adalius are awful together, and I adore you both. You were terrible as a couple. You had... sex, lounged in bed all day and did nothing! It isn't productive, o-or nice for me to have to be pushed aside if you got with him again, alright? He's... very handsome, we both know that, but he's not right for you."​

"Then who is, huh? The guys I meet up at the bar? Let's be real, Monty, none of us will be happy when we're forced here, at least not sexually. There's nothing wrong with hooking up..."

"There is if it's with Adalius! Just promise me you won't fall for him, Anna. It's not good if you two get together, especially not for me. I won't be forced to watch you two kiss one another again. It was awful. I was ignored and treated like an outsider because you two always snuck off to kiss one another. Think about me," selfishly demanded the ghost, folding his arms and pouting for good measure, before setting himself down on the table. "...I'll only allow you to date him if Johnathan and I start dating at some point. The only issue I have is being the third wheel, Anna."​

"That's hardly fair, and incredibly childish, Montague. Just because you're having issues doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to have love. That's... that's so selfish. You need to learn to respect others, okay?" She scolded sternly while setting up the kettle, her neatly done brows furrowing as she warily sat down on the side table.

"Why is that so hard? Why can't you just let me be happy?" She whispered,

"Because Adalius isn't the one! He's... just... you only find him so appealing because he's stuck here with you, I mean... go ahead, do what you feel is right, but I'm not the biggest supporter of this relationship at all. It'll end terribly again, and I'll be forced to live with you both sulking around and avoiding one another," he snapped back in reply, albeit with a pout and a childish glare. In truth, he knew Adalius had always had a crush on Anna, from the first day he began working for Montague, but he still didn't think that this was any good. "Can we not argue? You're my friend, and I'd prefer chatting to you about relevant things, like decorating your bedroom. Please, just let me buy some nice paint and do it up. It's so dark in there, it's far too moody and depressing..."​

"I need it to be dark so I don't burn up by the sun, Monty. Look, you can decorate the furniture and whatnot, but please don't redo the walls, hm?" She offered lightly, before properly pouring herself and the other a cup of tea, as she had done for years. "And, when it comes to 'the one', get me someone who is and I'll take every single bad thing I've said about you back, eh?"

"Hilarious. As if I can find you the one, Anna. I've been stuck in this house for centuries. I... I adore my home, but I haven't been outside in s-so many years. Though, I suppose I'd hate it. Fashion has certainly deteriorated, and I'm not a fan of this 'technology'," he criticised with a turned up nose and pretentious wave of his hand, appearing to forget the fact that he, Anna and Adalius often cuddled up together to watch cheesy reality shows together on the TV Adalius insisted they buy.​

"Like the lights that keep this house bright, or our television, or the electric toothbrush I make you use- you may be a ghost, but that's no excuse for bad teeth," she explained, before sipping her tea wearily. "Jeez, you just don't want to admit that modern society is pretty nice. I love you, you know that, and I want you to be able to relax and all that."

Status
Not open for further replies.