Status
Not open for further replies.
"But he ain't a nobody. He's Monty's first ever real crush, and he deserves a little excitement. We think we have it bad, but at least we're not dead, not really. Besides, we get to leave the house and change our clothes and at least experience stuff, properly. I don't know how Monty copes-- I guess all his fussing and constant baking is his coping mechanism. Look, I don't like those kids either, but Monty... does, so I'll abide with it. That girl is kinda cute, though. With the pink hair and the feisty attitude," he drawled, purposely to get a reaction from her, hopefully another spike of envy. Though, just because he didn't want to push his luck too far, he gave her hand a surprisingly tender squeeze, after entwining their fingers together. He wasn't afraid of showing her affection, not at all, but he also couldn't stand it in public. Hand-holding was the furthest he would go, believing anything more ought to be kept private - that was probably to do with the era he had been born in, where even seeing a woman's ankle was considered provocative.

"You know I love you, don't you? Even when I call you an icy bitch, I mean it in the most loving of ways, Anna. Hell, even when I call that girl cute, I do so just to see how you react-- and you do react jealously. You've always fancied me, even when I was a dumb, naive human."​

"I don't think proper gentlemen call the women they love an "icy bitch", but I guess times have changed, huh?" She replied flatly, while offering a weary frown. As they continued down the street, she stopped to glance at the hair stylist that they both would visit every, say, two years. Anna prided herself in being able to keep Adalius relatively presentable, but sometimes even she couldn't take care of the man.

"Do you really find that girl attractive? I do hope not, I don't want you to be upset when she's found in the cellar with her neck snapped. Who knows? She might say something disrespectful, and I won't be able to control myself. I'm such an icy bitch, right?"

"She's attractive, babe, but she's not totally my type. I prefer girls with, say, black hair and dark makeup, maybe a fancy Victorian dress or two-- fuck, I love you, how many times do you want me to tell you? Besides, that Maddie girl might not be able to resist me when I get a haircut and smarten myself up. Maybe I'll suddenly be so attractive that she can't help but kiss me on sight? Hey, is that why you're so nonchalant about me cleaning up? Because you know girls will flock to me?" He lightly teased, despite the genuinely serious look behind his eyes. After all, he did think that she had been a little... well, mad to find his beard attractive. Even he didn't think he looked handsome as he was, and he knew he was attractive if he made an effort to maintain it.

"Look, I'm going to get that haircut, just to get Monty off my case. You go feed, and we'll meet up in forty minutes, head home together?"​

"Listen, is it so bad of me to enjoy compliments?" She cooed, before stopping the other to offer a very careful kiss to the demon's cheek. "I think it's pretty normal to want to be showered in positive words, hm? I'm sure you'd just swoon if I stroked your ego all the time, I want a little bit of that. Hm... Yeah, let's meet up here. I want to see you nice and proper when you get back, trim up that beard just a tad... You can look proper with a beard, remember when that trend was popular in the 1900's?"

"I was thinking of having it all shaved off. I've been really lazy about my appearance for a good 60 years now, let's be honest. This isn't the 1900s now, Anna. Not that I care about blending into this society, but it has to be better than being mistaken for someone homeless. You know some horrid human thought that? I was close to wringing their neck-- I think it's best if I just get it all shaved off and hope for the best. You'll still fancy me, beard or no beard, won't you?" He shrugged, opting against his own dislike of public affection to return to peck on the cheek. "...Be careful, won't you? I know you can handle yourself, but just don't... get carried away. You know what happened ten years ago, when that asshole shot you. I... I'd rather that didn't happen again, Anna. Monty would throttle me if any harm came to you again."​

"That was ten years ago, Adalius. It hasn't happened since, right? Look, shave all you like, but I prefer the scruffiness. It looks intimidating, and I want people to stay away from us. That's my biggest fear, hm? I don't want these children to bring in some strangers and mess the house. I bet Montague would drop his crush the moment he saw that they trekked in mud, or what-have-you." She babbled a tad, before offering a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. You know where I'll be, as per usual. Try not to start any feuds with anyone, hm?"

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I think Montague would encourage you to kill them if they disrespect his precious house-- I'll be on my best behaviour, jeez. I'm having a haircut and a shave. I can control myself for half an hour. Humans irritate me, but I'm not an asocial asshole. I can pretend to like them and laugh at their pathetic jokes, Anna. You go and feed-- and have a look out for that Maddie girl, would 'ya? Not that I care about her. I just know Monty does," he quickly stated, distracting her from any possible jealous reaction by further breaking his own rule and bringing her in close for a kiss on the lips. Nothing passionate, granted, but for Adalius, in public, it meant a huge deal. "I'll... see you real soon, when I'm all clean shaven and whatever."​

Without another word, Anna offered a quick wave in response, and was off to the local bar she often frequented. She didn't really make 'friends', it was never really a part of her personality, but she could easily fake it with some small smiles and convincingly real laughs. She knew a few regulars, and flirt with most people just to have them trust her, though she always gave someone more attention than the other, only for them to 'mysteriously disappear'.

Because of this formula, ever day was nearly foolproof. She would be as clean as she could once draining her victim, before dropping the body down the well a few feet away from the building, where many teens would go and kiss near. She would drop the body, cover the top with its normal wooden cover, and simply return. It was a bit concerning, though, to see the vampire casually waiting outside of the hair stylist covered in a few cuts and very large stains of blood. Thanks to her 'goth' aesthetic, though, most people didn't even give her a second glance.

• Love
And for a while, everything was... surprisingly quiet, especially for a Friday night. Usually, around this time, people were heading out to clubs for the night, with the area being crowded with a variety of clubs just a minute or two further down the road. If Montague knew what had happened to the area, he probably would have had a fit, which was why Adalius lied and told him that, instead of nightclubs and drunken young people being the main feature, there was just the usual cute bakery and florist, like there had been when he was alive and had wandered down into town. Like hell was he prepared to tell him just how the town was.

Eventually, though, the familiar sorts of noises broke. A few women wandered past, cackling and giggling drunkenly amongst one another about some cute guy they had seen, while paying no notice to Anna at all, other than a quizzical glance followed by more inane giggles. A few sounds of cheers in one of the local nightclubs arose, then the typical thump of competing dance music-- and then, in the alley near to Anna, the sound of a young girl swearing furiously -and hurriedly- against a man's angry, drunken and uncomfortable slurs.

A few seconds passed of the furious back-and-for, until the girl made a breathless appearance from the alley, hands covered in their own blood as she appealed to the first person she saw: Anna. It took only a moment for her to recognise the vampire, and while pride dictated she roll her eyes and refuse help, Madelyn was in a state-- and she would have asked her own enemy to help her out. "Y-You-- that psycho h-has a knife, you gotta help, alright? H-he fucking stabbed me, and-- and just-- it fucking hurts," she hissed, examining the wound in her palm absently. The pain and the adrenaline was enough to make her a little dazed, but add into the equation the fact she was a little drunk, and she was barely able to comprehend the severity of it all. Though, for Anna, that was probably a good thing - she didn't pay much attention the blood soaking her clothes, at least. "--Why are you here? I-- don't fucking care, get me home, would 'ya? I don't... know the way back, I just want a hot bath and a bandage and..."​

"What, I can't enjoy myself?" She replied casually, while getting to her feet from the bench. Her casual disposition only changed when smelling the blood from her Madelyn's hand. Now, Anna prided herself on not going crazy when she fed, but that didn't mean she wasn't tempted. Under the guise of caring, she took Madelyn's hand in her own carefully, she didn't really care how strange it was to lick the oozing blood. Her saliva couod close wounds, which often helped with her murders, while her fangs held poison for a blood thinner. She smiled when the wound properly closed, though dropped it to keep away suspicion. With a content sigh, she decided to try and help the other by using her scarf as a temporary gauze, and motioned her to sit. That was nice, right?

"Madelyn, what were you doing?" She murmured, while kneeling down besides her. "I know you're some strange party girl, but you should be more responsible than to go and get stabbed."

"I-- the bastard tried conning me out of money, it ain't my fault. He was supposed to give me, like, £100, thought I wouldn't notice £20 less. I said I wanted all the money, and he f-fucking tells me to go of he'll stab me. Didn't think he was serious, did I?" Moaned Madelyn, too delirious to really notice what Anna had done, or how strange it all was. The only reaction was a tired and reluctant 'thanks' before flopping to the bus stop bench, just to take the weight off her feet. "I need the money, I wasn't g-gonna scuttle off like a coward. I grabbed his wallet when he wasn't looking, so I think justice has been paid. No need for the police, it's... all fine. Can we go now? Jonny's probably worried about me."

It was naive of her to assume that the man, when discovering his wallet had gone, would just wander off. He had proven to be an unsavoury character, and he was happy to chase after Maddie to get what was rightfully his back. It was dark and the only people are were club-goers - there was nobody to really stop him shoving Maddie around a bit. Anna proved a problem, but he thought he could easily knock her out before tending to Maddie. With both girls distracted, he saw a clear path to them, readying his knife just in case--

And then everything, for him, went black. It was the sickening crunch of his broken neck that alerted Maddie first-- and then her eyes widened once realising the situation. Adalius, as casual as anything, had broken the man's neck in one swift move after seeing him reach for his knife, and his first instinct was to protect Anna. He didn't make a habit of killing people, but he would if he had to. He had once before, when some drunkard got too touchy with Anna, and he was happy to do so again if it kept her from harm.

"...I'm not even going to ask what happened. Maddie, darlin', you didn't see anything," he drawled, as though that would solve everything - he was admittedly banking on her drunkenness to obliterate all memory of the murder. "Anna, go ditch the body with your victims, would you? Oh, and you can thank me later for saving you from the pain of a stab wound. Maybe we can take a nice bath together and you can tell me how handsome I am~?"

It was only when he came under the dim light of the streetlamp that his words became clear. The shoulder-length, shaggy haircut he had donned for the last 50 or so years was removed, his dark hair instead cut into a fashionable short style, gelled to the side as he had seen on many men in the street. Despite what Anna had preferred, he had also had his beard shaved off completely - though, given his lethargy, he would probably just let it grow out again at some point.​

In the centuries she had spent with Adalius and Montague, nothing really surprised her. She had been stabbed, threatened to be burned, and felt up more times than she could count, and never really reacted. That didn't mean she wouldn't give Adalius the chance to feel good about himself, which was evident from her feigned, and obviously overly dramatic gasp. Said gap changed to a mix of giggles and snorts, even if that seemed a bit strange. With a quiet huff, she lifted the man on her back, piggy back style.

"You look... well, you look rather proper. I really wish you kept the beard though. It's nice to be able to hold onto something when we make love. Now what am I supposed to do? Hell, there isn't much to hold onto on your head, either." She scolded lightly, though the sight of the man being trimmed and proper definitely made her a bit heated. "Look, get Madelyn home. I'll get the body gone, I don't mind if I get over a few hours. I can handle the pain, really, but I know you can't."

"It's not going to take you hours to dump a body, is it? Montague's going to fret out if you arrive back late, but on your head be it. You can deal with him fussing over you for the rest of the night, then. I'll just get the girl home and give her some more beer, see if it makes her forget all this-- you sure you don't want me waiting for you? What if another psycho comes at you with a knife, Anna? Don't you want me there to break his neck?" He questioned, and despite wearing one of his lazy smiles, he wasn't going to admit to how jumpy he was. Anna had been through much worse, and she could handle herself against three or four men quite easily, but that didn't mean Adalius wanted to let her handle it herself. He loved her, and he wanted to at least be there if something did happen. Hell, he hadn't forgiven himself for leaving her the last time she was hurt.

Glancing back at an almost unconscious Maddie, he sighed bitterly and lifted the human into his arms, reluctantly. He would have left her on the street, quite easily, to follow behind Anna-- but he knew Montague liked the humans and that was enough of a reason to look out for them. "Just get home soon, would you? After Monty finishes fussing over you, we could go have that bath and share a bottle of wine or somethin'."​

"It won't take hours, but I just don't want to promise that I'll be back and have you come rushing towards me in an overly dramatic embrace because I wasn't on time. Just relax, I'll be in and out faster than you can say 'murder'." She casually replied, before offering a casual wave. She had a plan to explain herself. She was carrying her drunken friend home from a wild night out, where she'd just drop the body in the well and walk home casually.

As predicted, Montague was the first to greet him when he stepped into the house. Even though he arrived home well before the hour was up, the ghost was always like this - constantly fussing over them when they got home to ensure they were okay and hadn't gotten hurt. In this instance, he did flock to the door to see how Adalius looked, but Madelyn easily took precedence when he saw her.

"Oh-- Oh my, what happened? She's unconscious. She's not dead, is she? Don't put her on my couch if she's dead, Adalius. I won't have a corpse on my white throw-over," he tutted, able to be so blasé simply because Jonathan wasn't present. If he was, Montague would have been fussing over Madelyn far more. "Don't tell me you killed her. Oh god, not again. I thought you didn't kill people--"

"I don't, I have morals. I did it last time 'cause the guy deserved it. He was lingering around Anna-- look, call that human boyfriend of yours, would 'ya? She's just had too much to drink is all," the demon responded as he collapsed onto the other couch, smiling slowly to himself when the ghost grew flustered, though obediently called for Jonathan. "Have you two kissed yet? Did I miss it?"​

Emerging from the upstairs, Jonathan's typically laid back appearance vanished as he dashed to his sister's side. It was rare to see the man fret over anything, but Madelyn was the one exception, as was evident from his teary eyes.

"Jesus fuck, Maddie. What the hell were you fucking doing?!" He whispered, though more to himself than anyone. His anxiety only eased a tad at the mention of alcohol, since not many months back, he witnessed her overdose when taking a drug she was still foreign to. Carefully, the unknowing witch carefully tilted her head once propping it properly with the frilly pillow besides it. He then tugged off her shoes, in respect for Montague, before sighing wearily. Once making sure his sister was breathing, and somewhat fine, he finally could slump besides her on the floor with a frown. "... Sorry, um... Look, Maddie doesn't usually do this, okay? It's a pretty shitty first night, huh?"

"Not at all! Not at all, don't be daft-- I'll make tea! Do you want some tea? Of course you do, everyone drinks tea in this house, I'll be disappointed if they didn't. I'll fetch in some nice biscuits too, the really posh ones. Anna bought them for me for my birthday, it was ever so nice of her, even if I can't eat them-- I'm on a diet, I don't eat a lot of sugary things-- Right, I'll go make that t-tea..."

"...Anna and I helped her out, it's fine. I mean, there was this guy there--"

"Fucking j-jerk, he was. Wouldn't give me cash. I took his wallet and the bastard stabbed me," mumbled Maddie under her breath, slumping against the couch and absently examining her hand, which, of course, was scratched and bruised-- but held no stab wound. Briefly, she remembered seeing Anna and having her observe the wound... and then it all conveniently went black. She remembered seeing Adalius arrive, remembered a little conversation, but that was about it. "Ugh, he had a knife, perhaps he didn't stab me. He was gonna stab Anna, I think-- I don't know, whatever. I slept with him as well, that's what sucks. I need a bath or something, I feel disgusting-- but we have the guy's wallet, now. We can at least pay rent, and you can buy yourself something."​

"Maddie, you need to sleep. You know taking a bath when you're as fucked up as you are isn't good," he reminded her gently, while carefully fixing his sister's hair with pursed lips. "You need to drink up, too. You look mega dehydrated. You can take a bath in the morning, and I can buy you a coffee. Just... rest up."

• Love
"I'm not dehydrated, quit fussing-- I'll have that cup of tea from your boyfriend and then I'll go take a bath, just... relax," she sighed, forcing her eyes open to look at her younger brother. She didn't at all feel comfortable being fussed over like that. She was the older sibling, and she felt it was her duty to protect him. When the situation was reversed, and she needed supporting, it never really... felt right.

"Did he carry me home? Sweet. He's real cute, ain't he?" She murmured beneath her breath with a nod towards Adalius, briefly grinning to herself despite the drunkenness. If she was sober, she would talk like that to her brother, about men she had an eye on... but she would never admit it while in front of anyone else. Apparently, when drunk, it didn't matter who was in her presence - she happily blurted out anything and everything.​

"Hm... Yeah, I suppose." He admitted, not denying the possible relationship with the ghost whatsoever as he offered a smile. "I mean, he's pretty intimidating, don't you think? I mean, he's huge, Maddie. Besides, he seems to already have a thing with that goth girl. I wouldn't mess with that. She looked like she could cut you with her nails or something. It's scary. Montague, on the other hand, is so cute and pure."

Status
Not open for further replies.