Status
Not open for further replies.
"Montague is 'cute and pure'? Jonathan, he's not your type. You don't date 'cute and pure' guys. But hey, you do you. Maybe he'll let us off from paying rent when we can't afford it. You dating him could really benefit us, I guess-- but the main thing is you being happy and all that mushy stuff. Just be careful. If you piss him off, we'll end out on the streets, and then probably back in jail. The cops look for any excuse to get us back in there," she mumbled back in reply, holding her knees to her chest while unsubtly shooting Adalius glances. Just because Anna helped her out didn't mean she was going to keep a distance out of respect. Adalius was much cuter now he cleaned himself up, and Maddie felt she had as much of a right to ask him out as anyone. If he was officially dating Anna, she would keep her distance; she would never come between a couple-- but they weren't dating. Hell, she didn't understand what the dynamic was, but as long as he was technically single, she was going to give it a shot.​

"Sometimes it's good to have a change from the usual "bad person who enjoys getting high as fuck off of stupid drugs" type. He seems so innocent, you know? Like, it's pretty adorable." He admitted, while offering a small wave and smile as said ghost passed by. He was a naturally flirtatious person, after all, and simply couldn't help himself from winking. "You keep eyeing that Adalius guy, and something bad is going to happen. I dunno what, but I just know it ain't good."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
"He can't be worse than some of my exes, Jonny. So what if he has the hots for the goth girl? I'll just have to make sure he notices me, hm? I'm pretty cute, aren't I? Look, I'm not dramatically in love with him. He's cute, I just want to see if I stand a chance of flirting with him, that's all. Chill out," replied the older of the siblings, pulling her shoulder-length pink hair up into a ponytail, only noticing how haphazard it was when catching her reflection in the glass cabinet nearby. "Are you coming up to bed--"

"You can't go to bed, drink this up first," babbled Montague, arriving on cue with a tray of tea and some shortbread biscuits for the humans. Sure, Jonathan wasn't in a state like Maddie was... but any excuse to pamper him, he would take. "Both of you drink up. I always make Anna a good cup of tea before bed, I've done so for years, even when she was my maid...."

"When did she stop being your maid?" Jonathan asked curiously, without much of a second thought as he nibbled hungrily on the biscuits. It might seem a bit inconsiderate to just shove it in his mouth ravishingly, but could you blame the guy? He had barely gotten a proper meal prior to that day, and he was afraid that the dinner he had was going to be the last fancy meal he ever had.

"Can we not talk about that?" Hissed the woman in question, who had broke down the door with brute strength alone. Gasping for breath, he found the closest chair to sit on as she held her stomach tight. The pain was unbearable, though she knew it would eventually calm down after being in the home for a tad. At the moment, though, she wanted nothing more to vomit profusely and sleep.

"...She doesn't like to talk about it, which I personally find ridiculous. She was so good at her job, and she had the outfit. She looked adorable. I... made her stop wearing it when Adalius said it made her look 'sexy' and it all became sordid. He's got such an awful mind," whispered Montague, sitting nervously beside Jonathan. He didn't want to fuss over Anna and make a big deal of her pain. He knew why she was hurting, having gone over the hourly limit, but if he went too far in his worries, it would just provoke suspicion. However, he wasn't just going to sit down while his best friend suffered, however suspicious it came across.

Jumping up with his hands already shaking, he moved to force a cup of sugary tea in her hand with a stern glare to make sure she drank it all up. "...Don't you ever do this again, you know how I feel about you going out that long, Anna. I fret so much. Just get back on time."

"She had her reasons, Monty, leave her alone," answered Adalius in the vampire's defence, though he had moved to her side the moment she entered the room to support her. "...Drink that up, and I'll carry you up to the bathroom, hm~? Pamper you or whatever you want me to do. I'll give you a massage, how about that? With those fancy creams and oils Monty ordered for you."​

She remained still, finding no reason to protest. After all, unlike Madelyn, she was appreciative of the tea as both of her shaky hands took hold of the vintage cup. Swigging it back hard, her typically pasty face was bright red. After a long moment of nothing from the vampire, she eventually offered a meek nod.

"That would be nice," she admitted quietly, while ignoring the fact that her hands were shaking so poorly that the tea had spilled on the wooden floor. With a genuine frown, she offered Montague a quiet 'sorry' as she was picked up. Once again, she didn't complain.
"I had to... I had to do something, Montague. I'm fine, just... need some sleep. A bath, too. Those sound nice. Could you clean my dress?" She pleaded quietly

"I'll... course I will. I'll get it cleaned by tomorrow morning for you, I'll use that nice lavender-scented washing powder you like so much. It's expensive, but... but I'll use it for you, obviously. You just go and rest, would you? You're stressing me out, the longer you're awake," fretted the ghost, hiding his worry behind the biggest smile he could muster, and only really allowed his nervousness to show when Adalius had carried her off upstairs.

"She, uh... she'll be fine. She just scares me when she's out for a long time. She get sick easily, you see, so I'd prefer her to be home on time. She's not the... healthiest," he quietly excused once remembering the presence of Jonathan and Maddie, smiling to them both to try and gloss over the strange situation. "Would you like me to clean some of your clothes, Jonathan? I... don't really sleep, so I do most the washing up in the night..."​

"Jesus, is she, like... dying? What is she even allergic to?" Jonathan murmured, though didn't stop his nibbling. "Like, is she allergic to the sun or something? I'm joking. Seriously, Monty, you don't need to do our clothes. We can do it up ourselves! Hell, it'll be nice to be able to do our clothes. It's sad, what you miss when you're without a washer." He teased, before handing over a spare biscuit to his sister with a wide grin.

"You say you're joking, but she does actually have a condition that prohibits her going out in the sun. She gets blisters and headaches and it's all rather serious. It's why the curtains in the house are so dark and padded - she'll break out in awful blisters otherwise. It sounds unbelievable, ridiculous even, and I didn't believe it until I saw for myself, s-so let's not joke about. She's not that healthy, a-as I said. She needs a particular diet and certain foods," he explained. It wasn't... strictly all lies. It was just an embellishment of the truth. Smiling towards the siblings, even if he noticed Madelyn already becoming sleepy again after the amount of alcohol she had consumed, Montague set himself down on the couch and tried to look relaxed... even if seeing Madelyn place her shoes on his clean couch was stressing him out. "...A-Anyway, I'll... just get started on cleaning. I don't mind cleaning your clothes. I don't sleep, so it gives me something to do in the night."​

"Seems everyone here has some health issues, huh? I mean, you have sleep issues, the goth girl has skin issues, what about that Adalius guy? Is he, like, superhuman? This place is certainly wild." He laughed, albeit quietly as he carefully petted bsck his sister's hair. Then, in seemingly one swoop, he lifted his sister up with a soft grunt. For some as wiry framed as he was, he had been accustomed to carrying his sister in her drunken states.

"I'll help you, let me just put Maddie in bed. I'm not much of a sleeper myself, hm? I mean, I don't have my meds that help. Left it behind."

"You're awfully strong. Maybe you can help me fix the chest of drawers in one of the spare rooms? Adalius promised to help about five years ago, but he's not the DIY kind of guy. So, if you're not busy, we could do that together? It'd take a good deal of pressure off my shoulders, and I'll even make some nice lemonade to drink on while we fix it up," he cooed, his eyes already lighting up at the thought of spending a whole day with Jonathan, just the two of them in the bedroom, working on an antique set of drawers. He knew nothing went as perfectly as it did in his head, but he at least hoped to get another kiss out of it like the one they shared earlier, when everyone went out. That would be ideal.

Trailing after the two, he smoothed out his old clothes and forced back the urge to just manifest himself upstairs, as he would usually. "...Is your sister going to be alright? I've seen Adalius drunk, but he's never collapsed like this."​

"Yeah, this isn't the first time she's done this. To be honest, she's done much worse, you know? She vomited for like, five straight hours once. Nearly had to bring her to the hospital. We've both had an equal amount of time there, though. Hell, the doctors practically know us by name. If she shows any bad signs, I'll bring her myself. Maddie thinks she's the big sister who makes sure I'm fine, but I tend to have to help her more than the latter. Don't tell her that, though..."

"I can hear you, Jonathan. Don't fucking embarrass me in front of your weird boyfriend," grumbled said girl, somewhat incoherently as she drifted between consciousness and unconsciousness. Currently, she was leaning towards the former, at least able to understand elements of the conversation and decide to comment upon them, even if, in her drunken, dazed state, she didn't have the best control over her words. That much was obvious when she had talked lustfully about Adalius while he sat in the room.

"What is with him, anyway? He looks like he walked straight outta the 19th century."

"...I... I quite enjoy the Victorian era. My house is... well, it's from that era, and Mother and Father enjoyed Victorian antiques--" the ghost attempted, only stopping when hearing Maddie snoring faintly. "...Do you like the house, Jonathan? I can't change my clothes, b-but I could modernise the home if... if it's a little dreary and old-fashioned... Anna says it's nice, but she'll say anything to stop me talking about it..."​

"I think it's fine. Homey." He replied simply, while ignoring his sister's rather rude snorts. "See, I'm not really a decorating kind of person. Hell, I've been living in an abandoned apartment for a few months now, you know? My only problem with it is I feel like I'm gonna somehow break something, and this all looks really old. I imagine you can't just go down the road and buy a new one of those oil lamps or whatever, right? Seriously, I'm not picky. As long as the place has some proper heating, running water, and a place to sleep, I'm pretty indifferent."

As he spoke, he wasted no time in carefully helping his sister in her new bed. Putting her to her side and propping her up, he mentally did a checklist to himself before easing back and flicking off the lights. With pursed lips, he paused a moment to readjust his concern and offer a smile instead.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"It... It is all irreplaceable. I don't want that fact to make you feel uncomfortable. Adalius once broke one of my grandmother's vases. He got drunk and smashed it against a wall, so he couldn't even plead it was accidental-- and I forgave him. Honestly, don't fret if anything breaks. I'll... be heartbroken, but I understand accidents happen," he weakly attempted, though the genuine fear in his voice that an accident could occur was palpable. It was easily his worst fear in life, other than seeing any harm come to his friends. He had poured so much of himself into his home, seeing any element of it disturbed without his agreement would bring on a panic attack or two, as hyperbolic as that seemed.​

"Well, I can't speak for my sister, but I'll try my best not to toss a plate down the stairs." He replied with a shrug, before trailing out of the room and back down to the kitchen. "Seriously, I don't want you thinking my sister is a bad person. She's just, like, constantly stressed. Can't blame her, she has to put up with me, eh? Look, let's not talk about this. Let's make those cookies you wanted, right? It'll be fun. Plus, since we're both proper night owls, I'm sure the others would love to wake up to some fresh baked goodies."

"...Your sister might. Anna won't wake up until midday, same with Adalius. I forced them up this morning to welcome you and your sister, so they're overtired as it is. Add into the equation Anna's... current health issue, and I'm sure they won't wake up very early to appreciate our hard work-- but that doesn't matter! I've baked lots of things and not seen them touched for hours, it... really isn't a problem. We'll bake cookies and you can eat them all, if you wish. I... don't really eat much," he continued as he trailed through to his cosy kitchen. He knew eventually that his eating habits -or lack thereof- would be noticed, so he may as well get an excuse in now, while they were on the topic.

"I mean, we're all pretty... unhealthy here, I guess. I have my own medical conditions. I don't sleep, I don't really go out, I can't eat a lot-- I sound like a vampire, don't I?" He snorted to himself, grabbing a chair to be able to reach up to the top cupboard for the ingredients. "I... I'm not a vampire, by the way. How ridiculous is that, huh?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.