Status
Not open for further replies.
Jude wanted to say that was 'weird,' but really it wasn't weird at all. He wasn't even sure why the image of bracelets had lodged itself inside his head, as if his brain associated that with games and death now. He couldn't really begin to explain himself, but he could try. "I'm not really sure, actually... something about bracelets and points... Uh--" Jude let out a small sigh and rubbed at the back of his head.

054sAAl.png

"It's not a big deal. Just, something tells me I've encountered something similar to the game you guys are talking about. Don't worry about it."

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Huh, so you think you might've been in a Murder Game yourself, or something similar? Jeez, I hope not. Those things are rough." Zinnia frowned. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know if this bus is taking us right into some kind of bad game right now or dangerous situation, would you?" she asked Jude.

@Atomyk
"Hmmm... Well, do not be afraid to ask any other questions you might have, Mathis," Jack replied as the boy sighed. It seemed to the samurai that perhaps Jude was lacking in some of his memories, memories related to the Murder Games and to the mysterious bracelets he mentioned. As such, he would make sure the boy knew that he was welcome to ask any questions that he needed in the future.

"Then Frost, it is nice to meet you," Jack replied with a respectful smile before sighing at Tarlotte, "Miss Tarlotte, please calm down. There is no need for violence in this situation."

@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?
Jack Frost
@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?

Jack tried to shrug, well, as much as he could trying to restrain a struggling cat-girl in response to the strange man's comment about his situation, before turning to Jack, then to Zinnia, oh boy... Let's see... What other names did he have? Guardian of Joy? ... Nope, that won't work... And he honestly couldn't remember being called anything other than "Jack Frost"... ... Well, at least that's something.

"Well... They usually call me... Jack Frost." He said, attempting to be as theatrical as possible, with a rather goofy grin on his face.

Though, of course his theatrics and what have you are a bit hindered thanks to the struggling cat-girl he is still atttempting to restrain throughout this whole conversation.

"Heh, I'll just call you whatever I want, kid," Zinnia said to Jack Frost, offering him a wink. She had quite a few nicknames in mind, but she didn't feel like using them all up right his second. "So, I guess I'm friends with two Jack's now, huh? Heh, I'd better not get them confused," she teased.

@The Tactician @york
Zenyatta would...chuckle. Indeed, the omnic monk would let out a gentle, cybernetic chuckle, shaking his head as if he was listening to a child speak its mind.

"You have much to learn. But, you will probably not listen...so, perhaps there is no point."

"I never said I wouldn't listen. I'll listen, I just may not follow your advice," Zinnia replied with a wink. "But stick around and maybe you'll grow on me. Then maybe, just maybe I'll listen to you," she added.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Tomoko smiled slyly, finally someone she could share her love of anime with, and who better than someone who isn't aware of Tomoko's past antics.

"Well, to put it in the lightly...it's one of the best things that mankind has ever created! It's like reading a story, but you watch the drama unfold on a box instead, it's great....It's kind of impossible to explain it fully, but just take my word for it, it awesome." She explained
Corrin listened quietly, occasionally turning her head to the chaos in the front of the bus. "So... It's like a magical painting that tells a story?" She asked, interested.

Jack's little bow and his apologies only served to further anger Tarlotte. Save for by Sojiro, she'd never once been treated kindly in all of her life, so it was only natural for her to take it as mockery. Perhaps that was part of why she was so hostile. But regardless, all that could be told was that she was fucking furious. But, luckily for Jack, Jack was holding her back. Otherwise, she'd have completely wrecked him by now. But alas, it appeared it would have to wait. But she'd get you for that, meow, later, Jack! You and Zinnia both!!

In the meantime... Well, the other Jack had more of her attention. "Let me go, dammit! I'll rip you to shreds, meow, to shreds!" And with a surprising amount of strength for someone of her size, Tarlotte attempted to slam Jack Frost back away from her. If successful, she clenched her fists and held her arms out to the sides, cheeks puffing out in annoyance. Especially when Yurick decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong. Name tag? What was he talking about, anyways?? A low growl came from her, and her hands clenched tighter. "You're annoying, mrow!" And with that, Tarlotte pointed a finger at Jack in an accusatory manner. "Like hell I'll listen to you, meow can't tell me what to do! I'll be violent if I wanna, and you can't stop meow!"

@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

Diana seemed pretty pleased with her tag, considering it called her a strong-willed leader and all. She had to wonder what shitty thing Stiles and Victoria had to have done to get the tags they got. It wasn't like Diana had never been called a bitch before herself, though maybe in her real life that she still couldn't remember, she was totally different. Even so, Diana didn't see much reason to change who she was. Fuck it, she was just a fake bunch of memories anyway.

"Yeah, the catgirl is weird, but that's not who I meant..." Diana lowered herself in the seat slightly, as if she was about to tell some juicy gossip. She pointed down toward the front of the bus, where the large mass that was Byakuya Togami still stood. "That guy... something's up with him. I would not trust him. Something tells me he could up and shoot us all if he really wanted to."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @A Tiny Fool

Jude faltered slightly at the idea they were being driven to a game like that. It really seemed like an obvious conclusion to make, but Jude didn't want to start going down that path. "N-No, you see... I don't know. I really hope not. I have these... memories of some sort of game I was a part of, but I can't remember the details of it. I hope my memories aren't blocking something vital to our understanding of this situation."

XbPFB7a.png

Jude turned to look out the window, watching the forest pass them by. "If I remember anything else, you two will be the first I tell. Promise."

And then we have this person.

hmXMNng.webp

"She... seems like a bully... Morikubo might need adult supervision..."

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi
Chikage just pointed over at Samurai Jack. There were adults a plenty, here, so her choices were endless if she felt like having supervision. Unless any of them happened to be as good as her master, though, she wasn't particularly interested in any supervision.

Speaking of that group though...
Jack's little bow and his apologies only served to further anger Tarlotte. Save for by Sojiro, she'd never once been treated kindly in all of her life, so it was only natural for her to take it as mockery. Perhaps that was part of why she was so hostile. But regardless, all that could be told was that she was fucking furious. But, luckily for Jack, Jack was holding her back. Otherwise, she'd have completely wrecked him by now. But alas, it appeared it would have to wait. But she'd get you for that, meow, later, Jack! You and Zinnia both!!

In the meantime... Well, the other Jack had more of her attention. "Let me go, dammit! I'll rip you to shreds, meow, to shreds!" And with a surprising amount of strength for someone of her size, Tarlotte attempted to slam Jack Frost back away from her. If successful, she clenched her fists and held her arms out to the sides, cheeks puffing out in annoyance. Especially when Yurick decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong. Name tag? What was he talking about, anyways?? A low growl came from her, and her hands clenched tighter. "You're annoying, mrow!" And with that, Tarlotte pointed a finger at Jack in an accusatory manner. "Like hell I'll listen to you, meow can't tell me what to do! I'll be violent if I wanna, and you can't stop meow!"

Chikage simply walked up to the restrained Tarlotte...and clapped against her puffed cheeks.

"Sshh."

@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Crow

"Umm..." Usami seemed hesitant to turn her attention away from the road, probably still unsure what to do with herself after Byakuya had laid into her. "Young or old... everyone deserves an education!" That seemed to be all the answer Usami was going to give.

oRTylPX.png

"Don't expect much from her," Byakuya said, looking Sledge over. He didn't seem to be the least bit intimidated. "You wake up on a bus full of strangers, you really think the craziest thing is that you're being considered a student? Get your priorities straight before the situation forces you to."

@Crimson Spartan

"....I'll give it to ya kid.... You're right on that.... But I asked the question to gauge the response... I'm tying to get an idea of how she acts by playing along..." Sledge spoke but much quieter to where only Byakuya could hear him as he folded his arms. He seemed calm and collected for someone who was as physically imposing as he was. "Listen, kid... A talking rabbit alone is weird enough for me as is... Honestly i'm still not fully convinced i'm not dead right now.. But what I do know is that there are other people here so I have to 'know the enemy' in order to exploit any weakness I can find to get us all out of here.." Sledge added quietly of course....

@Atomyk

Jude faltered slightly at the idea they were being driven to a game like that. It really seemed like an obvious conclusion to make, but Jude didn't want to start going down that path. "N-No, you see... I don't know. I really hope not. I have these... memories of some sort of game I was a part of, but I can't remember the details of it. I hope my memories aren't blocking something vital to our understanding of this situation."

XbPFB7a.png

Jude turned to look out the window, watching the forest pass them by. "If I remember anything else, you two will be the first I tell. Promise."

u7dpVfD.png

Zinnia rolled her eyes at Tarlotta's behavior. "Jeez, even when you're nice to her she gets mad," she said, noticing how angry Tarlotta got even when Jack offered her a polite little bow. "I just know this one is going to tick me off. I'm going to try and stay away from her," she told Jack, taking a step back from Tarlotta and finally sitting down in a bus seat for once.

Zinnia rubbed her red eyes and quieted, still feeling anxious and uncertain about Aster's whereabouts. She only spoke again when Jude came up with a response to her question. "So you have faulty memories then? Bummer. I hope your memories come back to you eventually. But yeah, let us know if you learn anything..."

The lorekeeper put her head in her hands afterwards, trying to keep herself calm. "Aster is the only thing that keeps me going. Right now, without her, I feel like my body is just moving on autopilot. I'm without meaning," she said softly, to nobody in particular. She had to say something to herself to keep calm. Thoughts of Aster, even sad ones, seemed to do the trick.

@The Tactician @Hospes @york @Atomyk

Tomoko shook Corrin's hand gently and turned back to the rest of the bus for a few moments, she caught the gaze of another girl, before frowning and turning back to Corrin, deciding to ignore the rest of the bus. Corrin seemed alright, maybe Tomoko would stick around with her.

"I kind of hope so, I feel like I'm in a bad anime." Tomoko joked

Overhearing the conversation, Nono utters to herself, "Morikubo, for one, feels that she didn't even make a cameo..."

With a sigh, she turns back to-

There we go.

hmXMNng.webp

"This is going to escalate into something really huge..." Nono jitters. "There's nothing we can do about it and we're all doomed..."​

Chikage simply walked up to the restrained Tarlotte...and clapped against her puffed cheeks.

"Sshh."

No more doom.

fuNKlsM.webp

"That looked easy, Kushinada-san... if only Morikubo could pull such a feat..."

Did she speak too soon?

@Verite @Kaykay @Hospes

@york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

u7dpVfD.png

Zinnia rolled her eyes at Tarlotta's behavior. "Jeez, even when you're nice to her she gets mad," she said, noticing how angry Tarlotta got even when Jack offered her a polite little bow. "I just know this one is going to tick me off. I'm going to try and stay away from her," she told Jack, taking a step back from Tarlotta and finally sitting down in a bus seat for once.

Zinnia rubbed her red eyes and quieted, still feeling anxious and uncertain about Aster's whereabouts. She only spoke again when Jude came up with a response to her question. "So you have faulty memories then? Bummer. I hope your memories come back to you eventually. But yeah, let us know if you learn anything..."

The lorekeeper put her head in her hands afterwards, trying to keep herself calm. "Aster is the only thing that keeps me going. Right now, without her, I feel like my body is just moving on autopilot. I'm without meaning," she said softly, to nobody in particular. She had to say something to herself to keep calm. Thoughts of Aster, even sad ones, seemed to do the trick.

"Agreed, it is quite the insult to see my apology rebuffed in such a vicious manner," Jack concurred with the dragon master as he took a seat with her. As she spoke on the subject of Aster, the samurai could sense the epitome of despair enveloping her as she wished for her daughter to be returned to her. Silently, he slipped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to offer some comfort to the mother. He couldn't stand to see her in such pain, and so what comfort he could give, he would try brighten her mood.​

Corrin listened quietly, occasionally turning her head to the chaos in the front of the bus. "So... It's like a magical painting that tells a story?" She asked, interested.
Tomoko paused a moment to think about what Corrin just said. In a way, she was right, anime was like a magical painting, at least to Tomoko.

"I-I guess that's one way of looking at anime." She said slowly thinking about it more. She turned to Corrin. "What do you enjoy doing Miss Corrin?" Tomoko asked suddenly.

eQ6d1Kd.png

Byakuya's expression was not too pleased with Sledge's answer. "Alive or dead, we still have consciousness, so it doesn't really matter, does it? The goal is the same either way. The rabbit... don't worry about her." Byakuya looked toward Usami, giving her withering glance. "Any authority she holds is in name only. She can't enforce her own rules... if she was behind this, would she not have that ability? More likely it's one of us that's to blame... but I doubt that as well. There is more going on here that we can see, that much is certain. What I want to know is... will you act as an individual, or as a member of the group?"

@Crimson Spartan

Jude wanted to say something encouraging, but watching Jack pull Zinnia closer, he felt his moment pass. This sight of one friend comforting another gave Jude a melancholy feeling that washed over him like a wave. All he felt like doing was leaning back and resting his head against the window, letting the soft rays of sunlight tickle his skin. Hopefully they would be stopping soon, and hopefully whatever awaited them wasn't a nightmare.

"Soon, certainly..."

"Agreed, it is quite the insult to see my apology rebuffed in such a vicious manner," Jack concurred with the dragon master as he took a seat with her. As she spoke on the subject of Aster, the samurai could sense the epitome of despair enveloping her as she wished for her daughter to be returned to her. Silently, he slipped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to offer some comfort to the mother. He couldn't stand to see her in such pain, and so what comfort he could give, he would try brighten her mood.​

Zinnia glanced toward Jack, a bit surprised when he put an arm around her. She was a bit surprised by this action, as human touch wasn't something Zinnia was given often unless it was someone either attacking her or grabbing her to stop her from attacking someone. But then again, Jack was a nice guy. She probably shouldn't have been so surprised.

She didn't say anything in response to his action, but instead leaned her head on him and closed her eyes for a second. Even if she wasn't used to much touch, she didn't mind it. Being comforted felt nice for a change, especially since it was by someone she was used to being around.

@The Tactician

Honda raised an eyebrow. Dream, huh? "Well, if you are, let me help!" Honda then pinched Bolin's arm, hoping to help the guy wake up. He seemed pretty scared, after all.

@Yang Lee
"Ooooooch! That really hurt man! I mean...it wasn't anything." He tried to play off the pain, but even he knew that he wasn't fooling anyone. Quickly, he tried to change the subject.

"So uh, know why we're here? I'm Bolin, by the way."

the_legend_of_korra__bolin_portrait_by_dejakob-d56f444.png

@Yun Lee

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

"Hmmm... Well, do not be afraid to ask any other questions you might have, Mathis," Jack replied as the boy sighed. It seemed to the samurai that perhaps Jude was lacking in some of his memories, memories related to the Murder Games and to the mysterious bracelets he mentioned. As such, he would make sure the boy knew that he was welcome to ask any questions that he needed in the future.

"Then Frost, it is nice to meet you," Jack replied with a respectful smile before sighing at Tarlotte, "Miss Tarlotte, please calm down. There is no need for violence in this situation."

@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?​
"Huh, so you think you might've been in a Murder Game yourself, or something similar? Jeez, I hope not. Those things are rough." Zinnia frowned. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know if this bus is taking us right into some kind of bad game right now or dangerous situation, would you?" she asked Jude.

@Atomyk

"Heh, I'll just call you whatever I want, kid," Zinnia said to Jack Frost, offering him a wink. She had quite a few nicknames in mind, but she didn't feel like using them all up right his second. "So, I guess I'm friends with two Jack's now, huh? Heh, I'd better not get them confused," she teased.

@The Tactician @york

"I never said I wouldn't listen. I'll listen, I just may not follow your advice," Zinnia replied with a wink. "But stick around and maybe you'll grow on me. Then maybe, just maybe I'll listen to you," she added.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Chikage just pointed over at Samurai Jack. There were adults a plenty, here, so her choices were endless if she felt like having supervision. Unless any of them happened to be as good as her master, though, she wasn't particularly interested in any supervision.

Speaking of that group though...

"Sshh."

@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Crow
u7dpVfD.png

Jack Frost
@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Kaykay

Jack nodded, smiling a little... At least by the other Jack calling him "Frost", it was a bit less confusing... But he wasn't really able to say anything before the cat-girl he was still trying restrain suddenly slammed him backwards, now normally this wouldn't be a problem for him if he still had his powers... But since he was basically powerless, he was caught off-guard by that sudden move, and he had the air knocked out of him, and his grip loosened just enough for her to slip free.

"Ow..." He groaned, rubbing his stomach.

Well, that was a bust, but... Maybe, a different approach could yield to better results? Even if he didn't have his snowballs to help instantly loosen up more difficult folks, he was still the Guardian of Joy! It was his responsibility to make those he could happy, so... Somehow, he had to find the right words to calm this chaotic cat-girl... Who, he barely even had a chance to introduce himself to.

"Maybe we should... Calm down a little. I mean... Alot of us have people we want to see too, but... We'll never get to if we... Fight like this... Right?" Jack was a little hesitnat about reaching out to her again.

Instead, he raised his hands carefully, trying to show that he was no threat, oh how he wished he could just throw some magical snowball at her and make her see joy or something... But that was only possible with his powers.

For some reason, Lapis flinched a bit as Catbug began to cuddle her as she kept him in her grasp, as if something were wrong with this. However, as she listened to what Catbug had to say, Lapis only rolled her eyes in her initial response to it. Upon hearing that comment relating her to a hero again, Lapis simply let go of Catbug, letting him fall to the ground.

"Yeah yeah yeah... you can keep convincing yourself that. As long as you don't get in my way, I won't have a problem with it."

The more she spoke with Catbug, the more Lapis began to realize that she would be dragged into a group with the rest of the people around... and she didn't want that much people involved with her. With Catbug out of her grasp, Lapis silently went over to sit by herself at this bus. She wasn't that type of person to let someone be close to her all of a sudden.

piq_185140_400x400.png

"I don't need to convince myself that, silly! I know it's true! You wouldn't have grabbed me if you didn't care about me! Caring about people is what heroes do! That's the whole point! They go out and do heroic things like save babies from getting their candy stolen or helping an indie writer get his comic published with his own money! It all revolves around helping people and you helped me! So you're a hero, hehe!" Catbug couldn't contain his joy even as he was dropped to the floor. "I won't get in your way! I'll stay to the side so you can walk without needing to worry about tripping over me!" Catbug exclaimed taking the statement rather literally.

Watching as Lapis moved off by herself however, Catbug waddled over to her side and tugged at her pantleg.

"Hey! You don't need to be alone either! I'm not in your way if we're friends and you're not in my way either! So let's keep being friends! I'm gonna go make some more but I'll be back for you because you're a really great friend!" Lapis had protected Catbug from possibly getting hurt and that was a really nice thing to do! Certainly worth being called great! "Just don't forget! Everything is okay!"

fLyRQ3N.gif

Oh! He had almost forgotten something! Flying away from Lapis, Catbug landed at Chikage's seat which was where he had left Sir Jeffers. The stick had no doubt been fine right where Catbug had left it but the creature couldn't help but feel the slightest pang of guilt. He had been so caught up in trying to stop Felix so the two of them could be friends that he had neglected Sir Jeffers. Picking up the stick, Catbug frowned as he held up the googly eyed stick dramatically into the air.

"Oh Sir Jeffers! How could you ever forgive me?!"

"It's okay, Catbug! I knew you were only trying to make that mean butt Asshole into a friend! But do you know what I could use?"

"What? Say it and I'll scour the cosmos for it, Sir Jeffers!"

"I need a bath, some yogurt and..."

"And? And??! The price will never be too steep for you, Sir Jeffers!"

"A place to go...DOODEE!"

"Hahahahahaha! Sir Jeffers, you're the best!" Tucking the stick away behind his wings, Catbug turned towards Chikage. "C'mon! Let's go say hi to a new friend I've made!" Catbug exclaimed as if Chikage had any inclination to listen to the bug who said he tasted like candy. Provided Chikage did follow, Catbug smiled as he looked at the two girls. "This is my friend and this is my other friend! I hope both of you can become eachother's friends! I'd really like to see that because it's like Mister Robot Man said! We can all be friends!"

large.gif

Zenyatta turned to Catbug and gave a benevolent nod to the little creature; who seemed to grow sorrow and heartbroken as Zenyattas words broke through to its seemingly child-like mind. The "robot man" seemed quite tolerant of the small creature; at least, much more so than Lapis. Looking at Lapis for a few moments, the omnic looked back down at Catbug.

"I believe you are capable of being a good catbug, Catbug. You are right about one thing; even if it a great challenge...everyone is capable of becoming friends."

Catbug had to admit, he was really growing to like Mister Robot Man! He was really nice and was phill...Philisop...Philly! Which meant that he knew a lot of things about life and stuff and that must have meant he was really wise! Or so that's what Catbug assumed anyway! But he clapped his hands together and giggled

"Thanks, Mister Robot Man! I've never been told that people believe in me for being a good Catbug! They always just say 'Catbug you're sooooooo cute!' or 'Catbug did you tear up the sofa again!?" hehehehe!"

Catbug wasn't sure he had felt this happy since he'd been da bomb. As in like a literal bomb.

tlaYEnw.gif

"I'll be your friend until the end of time, Mister Robot Man! Which means forever since I don't think you can stop time! So, basically we'll be friends for a reeeeeeeeeally long time!" Catbug proclaimed as he bowed back towards the robot. This trip wasn't so bad after all since Asshole was no longer being a jerk to people! He had made three friends already and who knew how many more he'd make?

"I hope to make friends with everyone! :3"

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

@Gummi Bunnies @Krieg @Atomyk @Verite @BarrenThin @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @The Tactician @Kaykay @everybody

Yurick wasn't at all fazed by her comeback. He just gave her a blank look before shaking his head slowly. Why was he even talking to these people?....creatures? Whatever. He wasn't here to socialize, he was still getting used to doing that with Zael and the others back home.

"Why do I even bother?" he muttered before sitting in his seat and opened his father's journal, looking through the pages idly, being careful of the pages.

It was in pretty good condition, though it had been in an abandoned ship for a while, so there was no telling how fragile it really was. Besides, Yurick hadn't looked through it much after the day he found it.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Kaykay @Crow @Everyone

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Ooooooch! That really hurt man! I mean...it wasn't anything." He tried to play off the pain, but even he knew that he wasn't fooling anyone. Quickly, he tried to change the subject.

"So uh, know why we're here? I'm Bolin, by the way."

the_legend_of_korra__bolin_portrait_by_dejakob-d56f444.png

@Yun Lee
hdr_01.jpg

"Bolin, huh? Good name, kid! And let me see, you're..."
Honda leaned in to read Bolin's nametag. "The Ultimate...Earthbender? What is that, a new fighting style? I've never heard of it! Myself, I'm the Ultimate Sumo Wrestler! Surely you know about the art of sumo wrestling!!"

Upon hearing Bolin's question, or rather remembering he'd asked one, Honda leaned in again, his voice lowered. "Between you and me, Bolin..I think this entire thing is a setup!! In fact...I think all of us were broughr here by people we know!!"
@Yang Lee

Tomoko paused a moment to think about what Corrin just said. In a way, she was right, anime was like a magical painting, at least to Tomoko.

"I-I guess that's one way of looking at anime." She said slowly thinking about it more. She turned to Corrin. "What do you enjoy doing Miss Corrin?" Tomoko asked suddenly.

Corrin thought for a second. "I really enjoy a hot spring." She said. "Something about the warm water just calms me." She put her hand on the window and watched the passing view. Nothing but trees and the occasional stream passed by. It was a somewhat calming view, although she was still confused as to what manner of transportation she was in. "I also enjoy writing poetry and reading about philosophy. Oh, and I do enjoy playing a strategy game like chess to hone my skills. Oh and..." Corrin cut herself off and looked down. "I guess you could say I like a lot of things."

Reactions: Nater Taters
Nono was starting to waver between the thought of this being being a human with chuunibyou and the thought of this being being a legit oni.

Nono was at the age where she would start to develop chuunibyou too, so she was leaning towards the former, but the latter remained a possibility.

Still, it made her feel a little easier.

6FyAgNf.jpg

"Morikubo... has read a lot of books. Ibaraki-doji must've been to you like Watson iz to Sherlock..."

Playing along or convinced that she was legit? That was hard to tell.

Soon, Nono looks around.

D8YHiA9.webp

"Morikubo must've missed quite a bit... Everyone's standing up and moving a little too much on this bus... what if this bus goes all ka-put from this pressure?"

It was a good thing that Kyoko was handling that. Kids these days... so rough.

Even though this one seemed alright, she still unleashed a pungent aura. Nono gazed at her from across the room.​

And then we have this person.

hmXMNng.webp

"She... seems like a bully... Morikubo might need adult supervision..."

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi

@Hospes @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Nater Taters

"My Watson?" The oni girl asked curiously. "Yes...I supposed that's one way to put it."

@Crow

Meanwhile Poison would've been basking in the cold air when she heard Honda speaking to someone.

hdr_01.jpg

"Bolin, huh? Good name, kid! And let me see, you're..."
Honda leaned in to read Bolin's nametag. "The Ultimate...Earthbender? What is that, a new fighting style? I've never heard of it! Myself, I'm the Ultimate Sumo Wrestler! Surely you know about the art of sumo wrestling!!"

Upon hearing Bolin's question, or rather remembering he'd asked one, Honda leaned in again, his voice lowered. "Between you and me, Bolin..I think this entire thing is a setup!! In fact...I think all of us were broughr here by people we know!!"
@Yang Lee

Earthbender? That did sound interesting. Poison was always on the look out for some new wrestling talent. "Hey kid, who's your manager? I'm looking for great talent to enter my wrestling ring and you seem like a guy I'd want on my roster!"

@Yun Lee @Yang Lee

Continued from here.

Incoming on the lonely stretch of road was something that finally broke the monotony of endless forest. Usami (or maybe the bus itself) began to slow down as the new sight came into view-- A bus station. "Oh!! Students, we're here!" Usami declared as the bus came to a full stop. Despite the rabbit's excitement, the bus doors did not open for an uncomfortable amount of time, almost as if the plan was to sit in front of the bus stop forever.

However, without any movement from Usami, the door finally did slide open, where the group would find that there sat only a lonely bench. There appeared to be no other landmarks, though a trail led away from the bus stattion. Usami would run quickly off the bus, turning around outside to raise her hands into the air. "Come out, everybody! It's time to start our camping adventure!"

Convincing the group to leave the bus probably wouldn't be hard. Once they were out, the bus' doors would close behind them, the vehicle driving off by itself. Usami didn't seem too concerned by this. "It'll be back once our picturesque school trip is over, I promise! Now..." Usami turned to gesture toward the lonely trail. "Follow me!"

Following Usami probably was not ideal for most of the group. Unfortunately, trying to head into the forest or down the road would be impossible. It wasn't an invisible wall that stopped one from proceeding, just a strange force that seemed to grip at their thoughts and turn them back around. Scary for some, certainly, but there was nothing that could be done about it.

Proceeding down the trail, the group would encounter a sign indicating their location: Elderwood National Park.

7hJFo8p.jpg

Beyond was a parking lot where a lone building sat. A wooden sign dangling from the roof read "Visitor Center."

VnuPh8e.png

"Everyone, you're free to explore the camp as much as your heart desires. You have designated cabins to sleep in, but please try not to go to bed too early! Yummy food will be provided this evening at the Visitor Center... Oh! And I have prepared special gifts from home for each of you! Enjoy! They can pick them up by stopping by at the Visitor Center, just like the food!"

By the Visitor Center was a notice board that stated who was sleeping where. Everyone's names were adorned on small wooden plaques that were hung from pegs. There was a note from Usami above the names that said: "Please sleep in your designated cabins! It is important to widen your friend groups to promote inclusiveness and diversity!"
Cabin A
Arya Stark
Ada Bartholdi
Felix

Cabin B
Bolin
Edmond Honda
Chikage Kushinada
Morikubo Nono
Citizen Snow

Cabin C
Sledge
Darv
Tomoko Kuroki
Corrin

Cabin D
Zinnia
Jack Frost
Tarlotte
Yurick
Tekhartha Zenyatta

Cabin E
Scarlet Witch
Genji Shimada
Poison
Jack

Cabin F
Tharja
Kyoko Kirigiri
Stiles
Victoria Chase
Jude Mathis

Cabin G
Lapis Lazuli
Catbug
Terezi

Cabin H
Diana
Byakuya Togami
Shuten-douji
Shane Walsh

Cabin I
Mcgucket
Neon Katt
Mike Dawson
Nigel Higgins​

Under this was a map of the park. Aside from the cabins, there was the Visitor Center, where everyone was now, Lovers' Peak, which overlooked the lake, the forest at the center of the park, and The Great Old One, a giant tree situated at the edge of the forest.

"Now, one last thing... the rules..." Usami gave a wary glance toward Byakuya before continuing. He had a point in that Usami's ability to enforce the rules seemed dubious at best. "Please follow them to the best of your ability! For everyone's sake! You'll find them on the back of your Bright Falls maps!"

Like Usami said, the following rules were scribbled on to the backs of the maps:

1. Extreme violence is prohibited on this trip. Please live peaceful and relaxing lives with your fellow students.

2. Be considerate of each other and work together!

3. Littering is not allowed. Let us coexist with the forest's bountiful nature in "mutual prosperity".

4. Destroying any National Park property is expressly prohibited!

5. The chaperone cannot directly interfere with the students. An exception to this rule is made if any student violates a rule!

"Now, if anyone needs me... I'll be in the Visitor Center! I'll be around to check on you guys to ensure you're forging those close bonds!" With that, Usami was off, practically skipping across the pavement of the parking lot before she disappeared into the building.

When she was gone, Byakuya loudly cleared his throat and took a place in front of the notice board.

XUHXp5l.png

"I have a matter to discuss with you all..." Byakuya touched at his glasses, looking slightly lost in thought as he looked toward the ground. "It would seem our ability to leave is hindered by some kind of strange force. I doubt Usami would tell us why that is if asked, and a part of me is unsure if she even knows why herself. Whatever her role in all this is, it seems minuscule. Downright laughable, even. She can't even enforce her own rules in this environment, so there is little chance she's the cause of it."

Byakuya paused, shaking his head. His right hand balled into a fist, either in anger or frustration. "No... The culprit is hidden to us, as is their goal. All we can accomplish is to make do with what we have... and, so, what do you think we can do?"

It was Jude who spoke up first, offering, "we need to understand our surroundings. Search every inch of the camp."

Byakuya nodded, but he didn't seem entirely pleased with that answer. "That's true, but how do we accomplish that?" Byakuya waited a moment for someone to respond, but soon enough went on anyway without hearing an answer. "We need to take this on as a group, no matter our differences. Back on the bus, it was chaos. Discord running rampant. We were acting as individuals and not as a team. If we want to get through this, that has to end. Right now."

"You're one to talk!" Diana suddenly exclaimed. "Do you even know how to work with others?"

Byakuya stared at her, looking surprised. "I'm not sure where you're coming from," he said, sounding confused. "What I do know is that we need to achieve solidarity. How? Well..."

Tz6WnBH.png

"What we need right now is a disciplined leadership, provided by an unmistakable leader! Rejoice now, for I accept this position." There were outbursts of discontent, particularly from Diana, but Byakuya rolled over them, his voice booming. "I am the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, destined to lead! Don't doubt my ability, for I will guide you all and ensure we all escape this camp. That, I promise!"

Jude raised his hands, trying to get the attention of the others. "H-Hey, I guess... we should hear him out, you know?"

"Right." Byakuya did not seem to care to hear what anyone else had to say at all. "You see, there are mysteries here we can't even begin to imagine... And we need to discover them. My suggestions are as follows: One, we do as the rabbit says and get to know each other. As hollow and fruitlessly optimistic it sounds, strengthening our bonds will only improve our ability to work together. Two, we fan out and search the camp as best we can. If you find anything, you should report it to me. I will be hanging out by the giant tree, so come there if you wish to talk to me. That is all. I believe we can manage at least that."

With that, Byakuya was gone. He seemed to trust the group in general to do as he asked.

Nigel would try and get the group's attention next. "Uh, figured I should say something a bit more upbeat after that little talk from... him." He motioned toward where Byakuya had gone. "I'm Nigel Higgins, that says nothing to the lot of you but maybe the British Punisher rings any bells? Anyway, that doesn't really matter either."

WMNsmDI.jpg

Nigel scratched the back of his head awkwardly. It was obvious he wasn't used to this kind of stuff. "I was in something very similar not too long ago and I got to tell you so far this has been a cake walk compared to what I and the others there had to go through. We... we need to keep our cools everyone, and I think most of you get that, but right now we have no damn clue what's going on and being at each other's throats is not gonna give us any answers. So just... chill for the moment, okay? That Byakuya guy seems like a pompous ass but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. So uh yeah... that was it, I guess. Let's try to have some fun?"

Continued here.

@C.T. @Yang Lee @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @GlassTrinity @Minerva @DapperDogman @Yun Lee @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @york @Dec @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Melon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @Hazel-rah @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.