Mission: Z, IC

[fieldbox="Dean | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, lightgreen, solid"]

6PYAkrF.jpg

"Leaving you behind? That's not f-" he started, but Otto's voice cut him off. He tilted his head to the side a bit, eyes apologetic as he moved towards Evangeline. "Otto's right, we need supplies. I can explain everything once we get back to the others, but for now we need to get moving."

"Wait. Back to the others?" Dean turned to look at Riley as she spoke, reading the furious rebellion in her stare. "So we're just taking strangers back to camp again?"

"They're not strangers, Ry." Dean spoke softly. She glared at him for a moment, jaw jutted stubbornly, then turned a shoulder and mumbled something under her breath that he couldn't hear. Her brother, however... Dean looked at Dex, who still had his rifle raised, though his finger was no longer on the trigger, and pointedly put himself in the line of fire. "They're not strangers," he repeated. "We can trust them." He knew Dex wouldn't shoot -- he wasn't a hardened killer, as much as he tried to feign it. The two men locked eyes for a split second, and then Dex dropped the sights off of Dean in one quick movement.

"We're looking for a cart. About this high-" he gestured around the middle of his torso "-with locked drawers on it. It most likely-"

"I found it!" Riley's voice interrupted from inside one of the side rooms. As Dexter moved to follow his sister, Dean turned back to Evangeline. Looking past her, to Winslow and the new girl, he offered them a smile before returning his attentions to her. "Eva," he whispered, reaching out to touch her arm. "I'm so sorry." Dean pulled her into an embrace, though she was initially stiff and unyielding. His eyes flicked to Winslow, and he held the boy's stare as he continued in a low voice to Evangeline. "I thought I'd lost you. Everything's gonna be ok now, I promise."

INVENTORY (DEAN)
-------------------------
Wearing
Black cargo pants, black t-shirt
Black combat boots & lightweight Kevlar vest
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (0/9) [holding]
Small Machete w/Sheath [on left hip]
Foldable Pocket Knife [in pocket]
Small Lockpicking Kit [in pocket]

Holey Ass Backpack
9mm Rounds [1x box of 21]
9mm Rounds [5x boxes of 50]
9mm Mags [1x mags of 9, 2x empty]
Picture of Last Class from D.C.
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, maglight, baton]
Personal Hygiene Kit [includes battery operated clippers]
Change of Clothing [jeans, black t-shirt, socks, boxers]
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Food & Water
1/2 full 1lb bag of jerky [1]
full 1lb bags of jerky [1]
granola bars [19]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]
85oz black Camelbak [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | St. Dominic Hospital | Dusk, goldenrod, solid"]

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Interactions: Evangeline, Winslow, Otto & Dean

Did Bea mention that she couldn't handle today?

No? She didn't? Well, pardon for her slack but--SHE COULDN'T HANDLE TODAY!

The amount of firearms that suddenly sprang to life around her was just a tad disconcerting, if the machete trembling violently in her grasp was of any indication. Hell, she barely registered the words being traded off between Evangeline and the others, but her swimming head managed to capture one or two phrases.

Helicopter

Hold fire

Civility

Okay, alright; not a bad batch, if Bea said so herself. Perhaps she could make it out of this situation alive? And, even better, with her heart still intact...Naw, that was just being a cringe-worthy hopeful. She'd die of a heart attack at some point. Then some scraggly-looking lumberjack came forward offering a peaceful conversation. What did he say his name was, again? Bea's lips pinched. Otto...White? Huh. Okay then, Mr. White dude--okay. Wait. Scratch that from the list, Bee. Sounds stupid. Uhhh, Otto-mic? Hah! Like Atomic? Whooo I crack myself up even at a time like this that does not permit corny ass jokes inside your head get your shit together Bea!!

All the while, Bea didn't look like she was reacting much as literal World War VI went off in her head. However, she did finally return to reality when some man with curly hair--He shall be named Curly Q from this day forth--approached Evangeline, barrel to his chest and everything. Correction, Suicidal Curly Q. Light him up like a Christmas tree Eve!!! Oh. Or just let him hug you. Th-that's cool too, she finished in her head lamely, finally lowering the machete.

"Err..." She looked around at everyone in confusion. "So, let me get this straight. I-I'm not gonna die in a hailstorm of bullets? Me and Uke can see the light of tomorrow? Preferably while under some shade?" She shrugged almost helplessly at Winslow before leaning over to whisper to him. And by whisper, we mean at an obnoxiously loud volume but in an airy voice. "Why's Curly Q getting all clingy huggy with her? And how the heck do you guys know him?"

A beat later, she had finally registered Otto's request for their names. She perked up a little and waved at the crew (we shall not point out how goofy she looked while doing so, as that would be stating the obvious). "I'm Bea, by the way. U-um, nice to, uh...meet y'all? Without getting shot? I-it's a good change of pace."

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife
1x - Water Canteen (half full)
3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt
Riley's Machete
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JJ and KatSea
Winslow

nm1976481.jpg

Disgust possessed Winslow's mind. He watched, weapon tightly held within his hand, as the man who had abandoned them weeks earlier approached his Evangeline. He could hear the charm trickle from Dean's lips, his tongue spewing words as convincing as the snake in the garden of Eden. Winslow could believe the sincerity, in fact he almost did, but he knew if he let trust over come him for this man, this man who he thought to be no better than Marcos, he would be led into a spiral of trickery and harm. Winslow had always been trusting, but things change when people leave, leaving him and his friend heartbroken and lost. He had learned his lesson once, that there were simply people out in the world who liked to see others hurt, and as much as he despised the truth, as much as he wanted it to be a lie, he wouldn't let his optimism get in the way of protecting his friend.

He watched, wordlessly, as he embraced his friend. Evangeline remained still in his grasp for the while, while Winslow bit his lip, uncertain. At least he wouldn't get shot today, "We are living to fight another day, good friend." Winslow reassured her with a little smile as he glanced back at her and winked "See, isn't it a good thing you grouped up with us? Ev can handle just about anything." His eyes flickered back over to her, heart dropping as he watched her reach over, and with one arm, pat his back. It hadn't been a large exchange, but Winslow knew that the control she once had was now over to him. Winslow swallowed. Now perhaps it was possible, that he truly, truly was sincere. But as Winslow turned, his eyes became locked with Deans. There was something possessive, something...something wrong within his glance. His charming, sparkling, controlling glance.

"I missed you." He heard Evangeline admit in a quiet voice, her head resting upon his shoulder briefly before she forced herself back. "Don't get me wrong, I'm still angry. I'd slap you if I wasn't feeling so nauseated." Evangeline laughed softly, forced and uneasy. Winslow swallowed, eyes searching for care within Deans. He believed it, and he hated himself for doing so.

"He...he promised us protection. He made Ev happy, then he went poof, gone away." He scoffed lightly under his breath "But I won't bore you with the details." He grinned wearily at Bea, then, to cheer himself up, "Nice to meet you all as well, I am Beas associate, Winslow." He bowed his head, not daring to meet Deans gaze once more. When he had a chance, he would do what Evangeline had wanted to do.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: JJ and Mobley Eats
Aveline
(ask the other guy)

CjdVbY-RLU6BTRa6IVUvcrSK66D5PWvf2cE1LScC_tx2ReDbuupQNSuwgzpg2Mn5POmSiSFRZu3Ii0VDoy3Xeaa4vgpX-Uq8d-ogCXMPAkOJ2tZYjwaFsiYyT8IfJXHqFg9UiWJZ

The moment Dean lowered his weapon and greets the unknown group as if they were long friends, with that she finally lowers her gun but still kept back. "I don't mean to ruin such a family reunion," She didn't like this, they were getting too comfortable. "But supplies, helicopter… We still do not know who is up there and the others need their treatment." Her gaze buzzing between the ones familiar to her. She honestly didn't care where Dean and his past group had come from nor what they want, she just wants to leave.

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- White t-shirt

- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Baseball Bat (main weapon)
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal

- Picture of Aveline and Corey

- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Baby wipes (doesn't actually smell like babies)
- Bagged and labeled meeicine: Ibuprofen (6x), Benadryl (8x), Tylenol (4x)
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

tzbLEzvHHo6EoNQucsZofEy4Dy6AGd2A0ipp7Z4mJRFR0_lnz2WOKU3Un2qnnCpy6Y4cjpH9vHfsLH2IBLYka_TQg30R6oZgDQE6qJYn3I8bc7Yhmo2nIBOBzCrGL0B4PvmzD-Jn

[fieldbox="Willow | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, cornflowerblue, solid"]

72AhNo3.png

Two days into their journey now, and still no sign of their team. Willow stared out the window of the chopper, watching raindrops splatter the glass - the storm had gotten progressively worse, and Eric, the chopper's pilot and leader of this, uh, mission, had decided finally that it was time to go home. One last loop around Jackson, and then they'd be back on their way to Nashville, with nothing but bad news and broken hearts.

Six weeks ago, they'd sent a ground team in this direction, in search of supplies, food, survivors, anything worth bringing back to Nashville. But they'd been scheduled to return for weeks now, and there had been no sign of them. Eric's brother, and Willow's best friend, Matthias, had been a part of that ground crew... hence the reason they were currently flying a stolen helicopter through the middle of a thunderstorm.

"It's time to go, Wil." Eric said from beside her. The enclosed chopper blocked out most of the noise from the rotors, but even so he still had to raise his voice. She nodded once, leaning into the turn as Eric brought the helicopter full circle towards the opposite direction: north, back to Nashville. They'd have to stop to refuel halfway there, but they'd be home before the morning.

"I just hoped, you know?"

"I know."

The silence that filled the cab was suffocating, and Willow sucked a breath into a chest so tight it felt like it would explode. Unshed tears burned her eyes, but she bade them to not fall. She wouldn't cry. Not here. Not with Eric sitting just inches away, mourning the loss of his baby brother and most likely, his high status in Nashville. Since they hadn't found the team, there was nothing to justify them stealing the chopper, so it was likely they'd both be severely reprimanded upon their return... maybe even kicked out, if some of the more harsh uppers had anything to say about it.

"What was that? Did you see that?" Eric's voice brought her out of her depressed thoughts.

"What was what?"

"I thought I saw a light down there, but-"

Before he could speak further, Willow was leaning almost over him to see what he was talking about. A flashlight in the darkness? Surely it couldn't be....

But it was!

"It's a light! A flashlight! They're trying to signal us!" Willow yelped. And seconds later, a pair of headlights roared to life, chasing the chopper and rapidly flicking their highbeams on. "It's them, it's gotta be them."

"You see anywhere for me to land?"

Leaning across the other side, Willow searched, furiously, for somewhere clear to touch down. The dying sun provided little assistance, but after a moment, she pointed. "There, a mostly empty parking lot. Right there."

The chopper tipped down, and a few minutes later, the skids touched concrete. Before the blades had even slowed, Willow was out of her seat and wrenching the door open, leaping down into the deluge with her shotgun in hand as the truck approached. There didn't seem to be any Creepers around, but it never hurt to be safe, and the chopper was loud, likely to draw them in. Willow waved frantically at the truck, signaling them, but through the rain and the headlights, couldn't see who was inside.

They're alive. I knew they were alive.

It was almost too good to be true.

INVENTORY (WILLOW)
Wearing
bluejeans ripped at the knees, white tanktop under a gray flannel shirt & western boots
black tactical gloves & hearing protection earbuds

On Person
Winchester SXP Defender (5/5) [holding]
12g Shotgun Shells (5) [in pocket]
Ruger LCP Custom (5/5) [left leg]
Buck Knife w/Multipurpose Tools [left hip]
Crowbar [hanging on backpack]
LED Flashlight [hanging on backpack]

Backpack
12g Shotgun Shells [25]
9mm Rounds [50]
Worn, much-too-large Patriots Hoodie
20ft Climbing Rope
Small Sketch Pad & Pencils
Crowbar
Matches [100]
Survival Blanket
Flint & Steel

Food & Water
32oz Bottled Water [1]
Jar of Assorted Nuts [1]
Dehydrated Alligator Strips [10]

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Ave, Dex, Dean, Riley, Winslow, Evangeline, Bea and Riley
-

He gave a warm smile and inclined his head to Bea as she introduced herself. "It's nice to make your acquaintance." Otto's focus was drawn back to the interaction in front of him between Eva and Dean but soon his eyes were drawn to the young man Bea had made her personal shield, his words about Dean to Bea held some rather strong animosity which Otto assumed was due to bad circumstances as to why he left them. He didn't make any comment on Dean wanting to bring them back, he would leave that battle between him Dex and Evie. At this point he had heard Ave's words, he turned to her and smiled apologetically as annoyance seemed to be the tone her voice conveyed though he wasn't quite sure, it had been...many hours since he had last slept so he wasn't as mentally clear as he could of been. He looked back to Dean, Eva, the young man...Winslow Otto thought Dean called him as well as Bea. "Ave is right, we need to find supplies and get them back as soon as possible." He paused as he focused on the three newcomers. "Since Dean was so...kind enough to unilaterally invite you three back with us." He gave a look to Dean but said nothing more of it. "It would certainly be looked upon favorably if you all helped us bring back some supplies, plus our medic can have a look at you, try and figure out why you seem so nauseous." He spoke the last part as he gestured to Eva.
---
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
7x 7 round 1911 magazines
5x 30 round STANAG mags (26 rounds depleted in total)
1x tanto style combat knife
On Chest Rig:
6x 30 round STANAG magazines

Evie and Willow
JJ + Peanut Collab

Evie couldn't believe her luck. The chopper seemed to land without any sort of delay. Perhaps they were on some sort of rescue mission? Looking for stranded survivors? Pulling up to the parking lot where the chopper had touched down, Evie had been expecting to see some kind military squad but was only to be left somewhat disappointed when there was just one girl and her shotgun, waving frantically at the truck. Evie furrowed her brow, unsure of whether or not she should be so readily trusting this situation. Still, Ryan needed the help and if there was even a chance this could be a lead-out from the hell they lived in, then she had to take it.

"Better safe than sorry," she muttered to herself, snatching her bow and arrow and hopping out of the truck. She immediately nocked an arrow but didn't raise it on target. "Who are you?" she called out.

The disappointment on Willow's face was plain to see, and her eyes searched past Evie, hopeful for another person to exit the truck. Someone familiar. But that didn't happen, and for a moment the two stood apart in the parking lot, the rain falling in sheets around them. Behind her, the chopper's blades slowed and then stopped, and Willow waited until the machine was silent before responding, completely ignoring the question. "I thought you were someone else…" her voice was hollow, but cautious, and she lowered the shotgun but kept it ready. "Are you alone?"

Evie held her reply for a moment. Her whole body seizing up with distrust. Still, at this point, giving up ground was about the only way to get what she wanted. "I am," she replied, hesitantly. "I'm part of a larger group, though. We were attacked and have injured. Was kinda hoping you could help."

"A larger group?" Again, the briefest glimmer of hope. "Is there… is there a man called Matt with you?" At this point, Eric came up behind her, and he looked over to Evie.

"What's going on? Matt with them?"

"I don't know him, sorry," Evie replied, once more hesitance in her tone. She didn't want them to leave and not giving them what they wanted was a pretty sure way to do that. With the rain drumming on the metal of the truck, Evie went for broke with the only thing she could offer - a plea for sympathy. "There's a man - Ryan - who's really, really hurt. We need help or he's going to die. I don't... I don't suppose you have a way to help out, do you? It's kind of the reason I was driving like a mad-girl after you."

The moment Evie admitted not knowing Matt, Willow's gaze hardened. "Sorry, we can't help. We were just looking for a friend." She turned back to Eric, voice low. "C'mon, let's go."

He hesitated, before calling out. "How was he injured?"

"Crossbow bolt," Evie answered simply. "Our home was attacked by some psychos - they burned it to the ground."

"Sorry to hear that," he replied. "We've got some medical supplies on the chopper that we can spare. Nothing too extensive, but… if it'll help…"

"It's not enough!" Evie blurted out, quickly retracting, realising her mistake. "Look, you've got a chopper. You're clearly from somewhere pretty awesome. Is there no chance we can come with you?"

"Well…" Eric started, but Willow snatched his sleeve, and the two started arguing in hushed tones, until Willow's voice raised irritably, enough so that Evie could hear.

"We can't just show up with a super injured stranger, Eric!"

He raised his voice to compensate. "But we also can't go home empty handed. We came out here to find Matt. We didn't. Don't you think he'd want us to help this person in his stead?"

That seemed to shut her right up, but she crossed her arms, obviously displeased as Eric turned back to Evie. "I have to stay with the chopper, but she'll come with you and help you get your man loaded onto the truck. The thing is, though… I hope there's only three of you cuz that's all we can fit."

"That's enough," Evie nodded, her tone riddled with gratitude. Who was going on the chopper? That was uncertain. However, this was Ryan's only hope.

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, darkorange, solid"]

At the sound of Riley's voice, Dex half-turned, surprised but relieved she'd found it so quickly. There were only a dozen or so rooms it could have been in. Ducking into the room Riley called from, he watched her rummage through drawers on the overturned cart for a second before crouching beside her to assist. Together, they went through every drawer, tossing aside the things they couldn't use, and shoving the rest into Dexter's pack. Gauze, bandages, ointment, syringes. But no antibiotics, only empty prescription bottles.

"Someone beat us here." Riley frowned, rubbing a hand across her face. "Nothing we need is here."

"We'll keep looking," Dex told her, zipping the bag up.

"We don't have time, Dexter." She stood, too, giving the cart a kick in her frustration. It flipped over to the other side, several drawers crashing to the floor, and with it, a small bottle that they'd missed skittered across the floor. Riley dashed after it, picking it up off the floor. "Amo... Amoxicillin? That's..? What is that?"

"It's an antibiotic." Dex took the bottle, twisting the top off to reveal the protective film still over the top. "Thirty capsules, one every twelve hours for ten days..." he did the math in his head. "It's enough. For Ryan, and Sykes, at least." It wasn't the cache they'd hoped to find, but it was enough for them to not go back empty handed. At this point, anything helped. Dex stepped back into the hallway with Riley close behind him, and addressed Otto. "We've got it - something, at least, to help. We should probably come back later and check the other wings, but we can't waste time doing that now." As he spoke, his eyes wandered to Dean, the woman he was standing very close to, and then the two young people behind them.

Three more people, three more unknowns - to them, anyway - that they'd be dragging back to camp. At this point, Dexter was too weary, and too anxious to get back to the others, to waste time arguing it. "Let's get back before this storm gets too much worse."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
soggy black basketball shorts, long-sleeved camo shirt & black combat boots

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right leg]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [holding]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing
Antibiotics & Assorted Medical Supplies

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Willow | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, cornflowerblue, solid"]

72AhNo3.png

Giving Eric a dirty look over her shoulder, Willow sloshed over to the truck, yanking open the passenger side door and pulling herself up to the bench. Water pooled on the seat, the floorboards, and just about everywhere else, but it hardly mattered when the shattered back window was letting in just as much rain as the windshield was keeping out. She watched through the window as Eric climbed back into the chopper, pulling the door shut behind him. Unease settled over her as Evie climbed into the driver's seat, and Willow clutched her shotgun tighter - she knew Eric had to stay with the helicopter, but she wished for a moment that he was coming, too. She wasn't scared - she'd pump anyone who fucked with her full of buckshot without a second thought - but she didn't really want to do that right now. It didn't feel right to think about taking a life while she was still mourning Matthais and the four others that hadn't returned.

The drive back to Evie's companions was made in silence, and Willow was surprised when they pulled up not to a house or a store, but an abandoned garage. Surely if they had wounded people, they could have found somewhere more cleanly. No wonder this guy's supposedly so bad off.

Now that the sun had set, and in combination with the rain, it was difficult to actually see anything once they were out of the truck. Willow reached over her shoulder and grabbed her flashlight, unclipping it from the bag and holding it with one hand and the shotgun with the other, overlapping so that she had a clear line of sight and a clear shot at anything within the flashlight's beam. Following Evie inside, she wiped her face against her shoulder, grateful for at least the momentary respite from the storm.

The injured party Evie spoke of wasn't difficult to identify at all, as he was slumped against the wall in immediate view as soon as they came through the door, but she narrowed her eyes in surprise at a second person in a similar predicament not far off. "I thought you said there was only one person injured," she started, taking a step towards the two.

A low warning growl stopped her, and she turned her beam to the source: a very anxious looking yellow dog standing only a few yards away from her, ears back and teeth glinting in the light of the torch at the appearance of a sudden stranger in the darkness. Willow backed up, one step, very slowly, lifting the gun ever so slowly.

INVENTORY (WILLOW)
Wearing
bluejeans ripped at the knees, white tanktop under a gray flannel shirt & western boots

On Person

Backpack
12g Shotgun Shells [25]
9mm Rounds [50]
20ft Climbing Rope
Crowbar
Matches [100]
Survival Blanket
Flint & Steel

Food & Water
32oz Bottled Water [1]
Jar of Assorted Nuts [1]

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Carter Yamanashi | Mechanic's Shop Garage | Dusk, purple, solid"]

30f5f9a0efe8155d2de5cf526eec788a.png

Interactions: Willow & Hero

As soon as Carter saw the helicopter touch asphalt and the truck screech to a halt near it, he tossed his head back and heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank you, LAWD!" However, he regretted the loud exclamation immediately after it left his lips and cringed a little. The helicopter made enough noise on its own, adding his voice on top of it wouldn't help their chances of evading any infected.

Either way, he had to get off this fucking roof and out of the rain stat. This was some bullshit! As if his luscious locks weren't fucked up enough! Now he was more soaked then when they first found the shop and he could pick up an annoying series of squeaks from his boots as he shakily descended the fire escape.

Again--"Fuck my life," he grumbled. "Big man up in this wet ass sky, you better gimme a damn good reward wrapped in nothing but glistening tan muscles and thin ribbon!" His complaints lasted his entire venture back downstairs. However, he halted midway down the steps when he heard growling...

Lawd, who done went and made Hero honty mad? he thought with a chuckle. That big old slobbering softy was nothing more than that--a softy. In all honesty, Carter couldn't stand that about the canine because it was making him form a soft spot. The Japanese-America was already struggling with fondness (sorta) for Dex and Evie. He couldn't afford to add a third to the list. At this rate, he'd run out of room in that dumb organ of a heart for his own emotional sanity. Or, well...stability, rather than sanity. There was a difference, Carter knew that well.

However, no matter the logic, it couldn't stop his stomach from dropping at the sight of some woman raising her shotgun at Hero. He fought the internal lapse with a sassy look at the woman and strutted his way up, stepping slightly in front of Hero. "Oop! Done went and found a whole nother pretty sistuh for the crew?? Evie, honty! At this rate the Bad Bitches Squad is gonna turn into a football team!" Carter flipped his wet bangs out of his face and patted Hero on the head gently, attempting to soothe his growls.

"Down, honty. You can protect my gorgeous ass another day."

He looked back at the woman.

A pause.

He pressed a playful finger to his lips. "So I'm guessing you're our knight in shining armor? Did you bring eye candy?"

Inventory

On person
P226 Sig Sauer (7/10 loaded)
AR-15 (21x 5.56 rounds, 1 mags)
Sylvie's Machete
1x Jug of Benzene Oil
Handful of Industrial Wipes

Strip of dirty cloth/fabric
Industrial Flashlight

Personality/Internal-wise
Fabulousness
Bittersweet memories
Growing fondness for Evie & Hero
(Sorta kinda) Beef with Dean

814rDc8DLrL._UX562_.jpg

LONMMY-Military-pants-mens-Fashion-Cotton-Cargo-side-zipper-pants-mens-Army-green-Casual-trousers-Multi.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

s-l300.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Garage Gang
Cecilio had returned to Ryan and Sykes when everyone else had scattered to find some way to try and signal the chopper to land. He held some hope that whoever it was would land but he didn't really get his hopes up knowing there was a strong chance they could be ignored. He'd been treating Ryan yet again when he heard the truck returning and he expected Evie to come back disappointed though he was partly shocked to see a different person walk in and complain about their number of injured, a woman from the sound of it. Part of him felt immense relief and the rest felt wary of this stranger though if she was there to kill him she would have already done it. However when she heard Hero growling at her and her weapon started to raise he almost brought up his own though Carter was quick to defuse the situation. Cecilio let out a sigh of relief and seemed to feel a little more comfortable with another ally. "Carter. I'm all for comedy and fun but lets save it till after these 2 are good. So you're from the helicopter?" He asked the stranger as he stood up.

Ringo had been near him and started to let out low growls and a muffled bark but Cecilio quickly put a stop to it telling the dog "Tiho!" Ringo did as commanded and fell silent though he closely watched keeping an eye on this stranger. His fur was still matted with dry blood from Ballamory.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot (Loaned to Dex)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336

3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

Last edited:
Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Dex, the rest of the hospital group
-

Otto looked to Dex as he spoke, he acknowledged his words but Otto had a different concern. He walked up and put his hand on Dex's shoulder, he could see the fatigue in Dex's eyes, could hear it in his voice, the man was running on less then fumes and it showed. Otto got close so that only Dex and possibly Riley would hear him. "Alright Dex, but when we get back I want you to get Evie and both of you to rest for at least a few hours. I'll wrangle up the group and come up with a plan for what to do next and deal with these new comers alright?" Otto said with a smile to his friend to reassure him that he would handle things when they got back. Otto turned back to the others there. "Dean, we are taking them back but no promises if they can stay that is going to have to be a group choice. Alright, I'll take lead followed by Riley, Ave, Dex, Bea, Winslow, Eva then Dean. Everyone keep eyesight of each other and be prepared to move fast and quiet alright?" He asked rhetorically as he moved to the steps but stopping just before decending to look back to make sure everyone was organizing themselves.
---
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, darkorange, solid"]

"Everyone's tired, Otto," Dex replied with a tight yet genuine smile. "We can rest once everything's taken care of. Thanks, though." To tell the truth he didn't even feel tired even though he should have. He was sore all over, he was soaking wet and cold, and he was agitated and perpetually worried - there simply was no room for tired. But he appreciated Otto's thoughtfulness, and fell in line with the others at the suggestion. As they started to move, though, he stepped away, letting everyone else pass him before rejoining the succession. It made him uneasy to have strangers at his back, so he brought up the rear, instead, where he could keep an eye on them. Even if Dean did know them, that didn't make them immediately trustworthy.

As they headed towards the stairs, Dex paused again beside the admissions desk to grab a bottle of water out of his pack, taking a long swig before stuffing it back. As he straightened, a flash of color caught his eye and he moved forward, plucking a daffodil out of an overturned vase of fake flowers on the desk. He rolled the thing between his fingers, letting the fake foam dirt crumble away from the bottom of the stem before he tucked it carefully into the front pocket of his bag.

By the time he caught up with the group, they were most of the way down the stairs. Dex fell in behind Dean and followed them the rest of the way, through the hall and out the front doors into the storm.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
soggy black basketball shorts, long-sleeved camo shirt & black combat boots

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right leg]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [holding]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing
Antibiotics & Assorted Medical Supplies
Fabric Daffodil

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

72AhNo3.png

Please don't make me have to shoot this dog. Willow stared at the terrier, it stared back, the beam of the flashlight (and the shotgun) centered directly on its chest. But before the situation could escalate, the sound of someone clomping down the steps interrupted, and a similarly drenched Japanese man stepped into the beam of the flashlight, soothing the dog with a pat on the head. Someone else followed him down the stairs, but Willow didn't want to take the beam off the dog. "Shit how many of you are there?" she huffed, eyeing Carter, but then another voice chimed in from the other side of the room.

Too fucking many.

"Look, we don't have time for introductions. If you want help with these two, we need to get them on the truck and to the helicopter now." She moved past Carter, kneeling beside Ryan first since he was closest. She swept the light across his leg, looking at the injury, and then up to his face, where after a moment of surprised silence she spoke. "Wow." The girl - whose name she actually hadn't caught - had mentioned this guy's name was Ryan, but upon seeing him the dots were easy to connect. "You didn't tell me your guy was Ryan Taylor - the Ryan Taylor." She knelt next to him, placing the back of her hand on his forehead and grimacing at the heat radiating off him. "Think he'll give me an autograph before he kicks the bucket?"

A glance around showed that they did not share her sense of humor, and Willow gave a half-shrug before moving to the next guy, who was wearing some sort of really weird mask. There was blood on his shoulder and his hand, but he was mostly conscious and didn't seem to have a fever yet.

"Alright let's get this over with. These two, and one other, can go on the chopper. The rest of you are gonna have to hike it if you want in."

"Want in where?" This voice was one she hadn't heard yet, but came from behind the Japanese man, still on the staircase.

"Nashville,"
she told the shadow man dismissively.

"What's in Nashville?"

"Just about anything you could wrap your pretty little head around, now are you guys going to help me get them on the truck or do I have to do it myself?"

"I'm going with them." The voice spoke up, but Willow got the message that it wasn't directed at her so much as the others. "Riley's going to be upset but I'm not letting some stranger take Ryan off to some supposed community alone."

INVENTORY (WILLOW)
Wearing

On Person

Backpack
12g Shotgun Shells [25]
9mm Rounds [50]
20ft Climbing Rope
Crowbar
Matches [100]
Survival Blanket
Flint & Steel

Food & Water
32oz Bottled Water [1]
Jar of Assorted Nuts [1]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Dean | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, lightgreen, solid"]

6PYAkrF.jpg

As the group waded through the flooded streets of Jackson, no one said much. Dean was at the forefront of this motion of silence, as he was too far lost in thought to contribute to anything more than walking in a straight line. While it was true that the initial discovery of Eva and Winslow at the hospital had inspired a combination of dread and frustration in him, now that he'd had a little time to think about it, he was almost thankful.

Until now, he'd just been That Guy Saying D.C. Was Safe. They had no reason not to trust him, that was true, yet, they also had no reason to put all their trust in him, and certainly not enough to make the 1200 mile journey on foot to the East Coast. Even now that staying in Ballamory was - fortuitously for him - no longer an option, it still held true that the group was far more likely to just find another spot nearby to start colonizing.

It was a maddening dilemma.

But now... Dean flashed Evangeline a thoughtful glance. Now he had an advantage - one he hadn't foreseen, one that he couldn't possibly have planned, yet one that fell (quite literally) right into his lap.

Touching Evangeline's arm, he whispered, "I'll be right back, just keep following the others," and then he slipped out of the line, hanging back until everyone but Dexter passed him. "Hey, can I talk to you?"

"Now?"

"Well, I imagine things are going to be pretty overwhelming when we get back. With treating Ryan and Sykes, and introducing the others, you know?"

Dexter nodded, seeming to understand. "What's up, then?"

"Well." Dean paused. "I know we had that conversation a little while ago, and while I have nothing but the utmost respect for your wishes, and still fully intend to uphold my word, it would be foolish of me to not at least consult you again on the matter... since our circumstances have changed so abruptly."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning I think you should reconsider going to D.C.." Dean searched Dexter's face for any sign of anger, or frustration, and to his surprise found none, only a distant, pensive expression. Encouraged, he continued. "I had every reason to believe that Eva and Winslow were dead, or, at the very least, lost to me. I know... I know it's hard to imagine how it feels to think someone that you love is dead, and then to have them, by some miraculous, wonderful stroke of luck, show up unharmed before you, but..." Again, he hesitated, giving Dex time to process. After a minute, his voice lowered, a sorrowful, pleading tone. "I need to keep them safe, Dexter. I'd do anything to make that happen."

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"How were you separated from them?"

He was stalling, that much was immediately clear. Dean wiped a hand over his mouth, hiding a smile. "I... went out for supplies, and ended up getting pinned down by... bandits, raiders, whatever you want to call them. Criminals is what they are. I was holed inside an abandoned Chinese restaurant for four days before I managed to slip away. By the time I got back to where we'd been staying, Eva and Winslow were gone. I searched, for days, but could only assume the worst when I didn't find them..." he trailed off, looking at Dexter with a wan smile. "I thought they were dead. It's so difficult to survive on your own, and Eva has her baby brother to look after now, so..."

"I understand."

"I'd hoped you would." A long pause. "Does that mean..?"

"We'll bring it up to the others."
Dexter said, only the slightest hint of reluctance in his tone. "If everyone agrees, if everyone is willing to make the trip, then we'll go from there."

"That's all I ask. Thank you, Dexter. Thank you."

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black cargo pants, black t-shirt
Black combat boots & lightweight Kevlar vest
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (0/9) [holding]
Small Machete w/Sheath [on left hip]
Foldable Pocket Knife [in pocket]
Small Lockpicking Kit [in pocket]

Holey Ass Backpack
9mm Rounds [1x box of 21]
9mm Rounds [5x boxes of 50]
9mm Mags [1x mags of 9, 2x empty]
Picture of Last Class from D.C.
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, maglight, baton]
Personal Hygiene Kit [includes battery operated clippers]
Change of Clothing [jeans, black t-shirt, socks, boxers]
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Food & Water
1/2 full 1lb bag of jerky [1]
full 1lb bags of jerky [1]
granola bars [19]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]
85oz black Camelbak [full]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | Jackson Mississippi
| Dusk, goldenrod, solid"]

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Interactions: Dex

Bea didn't have it in her to argue.

And for good reasons. A, she was as physically strong as a malnourished chipmunk and B, this new group had yet to rub her the wrong way. Yes, Curly Q was suicidal but he also knew Evangeline and Winslow, though the teen didn't seem to share super excited sentiments about seeing him again.

Eh, it wasn't her place to pry. It didn't mean that wasn't worried for Winslow, but she knew when to give someone space about certain topics. So, without any resistance, she followed Otto-mic's line up order, trudging through the storm behind Dex with her backpack clasped to her front. She was attempting to shield Uke from the rain protectively since the top of the neck stood out, exposed to the merciless weather. She was thoroughly drenched, her large glasses struggling to stay up and continuously sliding down the bridge of her nose.

"This sucks," she whined under her breath. She hated being wet, especially her clothes. It only ever lead to a feeling of chills and discomfort, or a cold from Hell. Neither sounded ideal. Regardless, she pushed on, praying that her innate clumsiness wouldn't rear it's ugly head.

The pelting of water droplets stinging her skin. A clammy coldness seeping past her overalls and skin, staining the interior of her bones stubbornly. It wasn't even that cold, but Bea shivered. This wasn't the type of shivering that she experienced while forcing herself to brave Riley and the group with a machete. This was a tremor that mocked and filled her chest with something hollow. Familiar. So familiar that she wished she had never known a single damn thing in her life except for how to sing and play Uke. The emptiness spread throughout her chest, piercing deeply into her lungs and slowly flattening her diaphragm. Liquid ran down her cheeks; she didn't feel them, she just knew. Not tears. Not rain.

Bath water.

She couldn't feel the pudgy fingers nestled limply in her grasp, nor the pale visage hovering inches below hers, gaping up numbly with eyes void of luster. She couldn't feel a sodden Nemo shirt against her forearms as the body lifted, back arched painfully against the force of gravity. She couldn't feel her fingers, still and calm as stone, tracing the edges of bullet hole wedged between those glass globules for eyes, nor feel the monotone apology breaking free from her--

"WHOA GOD I'M DYING!" Bea exclaimed ever so elegantly as she tripped over a combination of her own foot and flood water. As she fell, her panic instincts kicked in and one arm lashed out to grab hold of whatever was in front of her.

Which happened to be the back of Dex's shirt.

Oh God.

S-somebody, please...call Life Alert.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife
1x - Water Canteen (half full)
3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt
Riley's Machete
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Riley | #1 Ballamory | 1 October 2026 - Early Morning, teal, solid"]

Even though she was still annoyed at the situation, and especially the trio of new people, Riley didn't complain as they started back to the garage. She was too worried about Ryan, too determined to get the meds back to him, to bother with petty squabbles right now - there would be plenty of time for that later. So she followed Otto, gaze settled on the center of the older man's back, and absentmindedly plodded after him.

That was, until an enormous splash sent water cascading up her calves, and she turned just in time to see Dexter tripped up and then pulled down into the overflowing gutter by the younger new girl (the one who'd stolen her machete!) clutching the tail of his shirt. Riley stopped, looking down at Bea with her arms crossed and a half-smirk on her face. Leaning down, she snatched her machete from the hilt that was sticking out of Bea's bag, smacked it threateningly in her other hand, and raised her brows. "I'll be taking this back, thank you." The thanks was very obviously not genuine, and Riley turned back around. Then, seeming to think of something, she turned back, pointing at her brother with the machete as he climbed to his feet. "Also, he has a girlfriend, and she can kick your ass. So hands off, sweetheart."

Smugly, Riley turned back, but not before she watched Dex roll his eyes at her, tugging the collar of his shirt back away from his throat, and then offer a hand down to Bea to help her up.

INVENTORY (RILEY)
Wearing

bluejeans, white t-shirt & sneakers

On Person

Beretta Cx4 Storm [15/15] (shoulder strap)
Beretta Model 92 [17/17] (right hip)
Machete w/Sheath (left hip)

Backpack
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture
9mm Rounds x46
Journal & 2 Black Pens
Bottle of Draino [3/4 full]
Aluminum Foil Roll [1/3 full]

Food & Water
Skittles [1]
Kitkat [2]
Can Ravioli [2]
16oz Water Bottle [2 full]

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Willow, Conner

Evie remained quiet as Willow made her introduction to the group. Despite Hero's protests, the situation seemed to under control and thus it seemed they'd be spared any further killing for the day. As the girl approached Ryan and made her comments, Evie was about to remark on her knowing Ryan until the next comment followed, causing the redhead to frown deeply.

"Hey, he's not dead yet!" she protested but didn't see much point in pressing the issue. Rock the boat too much and Ryan's only hope could walk right out of the door.

"I can drive again," Evie volunteered as Conner made his intention of going with them known. "Someone's got to drive the truck back and look beautiful while doing it, right?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
jsaFlUa.jpg
[/spoili]

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Bea, Riley and Dex
-

He turned around at the splash, he would've been more concerned if the water level was any higher but they had been in a natural dip so this water would level out once they got the garage again. He saw Riley speaking to Bea who was now in the water and had seemingly pulled Dex in with her who had been standing next to Dean all the while he had a rather serious look on his face as he looked at where Dex had once been. He pushed some of his hair out of his face before he fell out of line and walked back to where they were passing Ave and then Riley. "Keep em' moving Riley." Otto said as the young woman moved back to where her position was in line which now happened to be in the lead, he stopped first at Dex who he gave a hand to get out of the water before letting him get back to Dean and whatever conversation they were having before he hauled Bea out of the water and righted her so she wouldn't be taken out by the current of the water, he put his hands on her shoulders to steady her before looking down towards her. "You alright?" He asked sincerely with concern on his face.
---
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

Aveline
(ask the other guy)

CjdVbY-RLU6BTRa6IVUvcrSK66D5PWvf2cE1LScC_tx2ReDbuupQNSuwgzpg2Mn5POmSiSFRZu3Ii0VDoy3Xeaa4vgpX-Uq8d-ogCXMPAkOJ2tZYjwaFsiYyT8IfJXHqFg9UiWJZ

Aveline leaned against the wall at this point, foot tapping in impatience but continued to remain silent. Seeing as Dex and Riley finally return with what little they could find, Dean and his people, and Otto's lead made her pause and think for a moment. She pushed herself off the wall and straightened herself before following behind Riley. The mention of sleep dawned on her and hoped the the journey back would be quicker than when they arrived at the hospital.

The rain picking up even harder made Aveline pull her hood back over her head and tuck stray hairs under it until she felt cold water on her legs, not helping to look back at the woman who had dramatically caused the scene. Taking a breath, she planning to speak up yet Riley beat her to it. The hostility that Riley showed towards the woman (she didn't catch her name), Aveline couldn't help but to chuckle at the scene and Riley's reaction, having to put a hand over her mouth to keep from the others noticing. Shrugging off the incident, she continued behind Riley.

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- White t-shirt
- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Baseball Bat (main weapon)
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Baby wipes (doesn't actually smell like babies)
- Bagged and labeled meeicine: Ibuprofen (6x), Benadryl (8x), Tylenol (4x)
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

tzbLEzvHHo6EoNQucsZofEy4Dy6AGd2A0ipp7Z4mJRFR0_lnz2WOKU3Un2qnnCpy6Y4cjpH9vHfsLH2IBLYka_TQg30R6oZgDQE6qJYn3I8bc7Yhmo2nIBOBzCrGL0B4PvmzD-Jn