Mission: Z, IC

Collab Post with Dean (JJ) and Carter (Mobley Eats)

Setting
Jackson Mississippi, Mechanic's shop-Upstairs, 1 October 2026, Mid Afternoon

6PYAkrF.jpg

Dean didn't even hear Carter enter the room over the drumming of rain above their heads, so when the man spoke, he startled, snatching the shirt down with a tad more force than necessary. But, realizing who it was, he relaxed a bit - Carter wasn't a part of the original group, which meant he was unlikely to go out of his way and report Dean's injuries to the others. He didn't want to sit this one out, and he'd actually passed through Jackson on his way to Minden, so he had a little bit of knowledge that would be stupid to waste.

But Carter's question posed an all new set of difficulties. Dexter had forbade him from talking to anyone else about D.C., and pissing him off was the last thing he wanted to do right now. He could lie, and say the photo was old, but… that didn't sit right with him, either. So in the end he settled for something in the middle. "They were my last class. Firearms training."

Carter's grin barely budged, though a mixture of something bitter and frantic stirred in his gut after hearing 'firearms training'. "Whaaaat, you teach? Didn't know you'd be baby daddy material~" he teased. However, he had yet to let the photo lower.

Dean snorted, kneeling to scoop the rest of his possessions back into the bag, and the movement caused a dizzying wave of pain. He clenched his jaw until it passed, then forced a cheeky smirk in return. "I'm not. But, I know guns. And kids like me for whatever reason. So. Obvious choice, yeah?"

Carter giggled and stood up, waving the photo a bit with his own version of a cheeky smile. He added on a sassy eye roll. "Oh, that's easy, honty. Kids see something pretty and shiny? They're hooked. You too cute to treat like trash."

All the while, his mind battled on two playing fields--one half tossed out jokes at Dean left and right, while the other frantically longed to find out how in the hell his godchild ended up in Dean's class. She was supposed to be with her aunt in Arizona, but now this development...Carter's brow pinched as his bottom lip poked out into a curious pout. "Where even is this class anyways? Maybe I should join? I think I can pass off and look young enough."

That made Dean hesitate, again reluctant to say anything that would incriminate him. "From what I've seen you don't need any training. You're a pretty decent shot. Who taught you?"

An infant form of annoyance lurked about at the cusp of Carter's thoughts, but he squashed the emotion. Stability, stability--losing his temper wouldn't help him get answers. He shrugged nonchalantly. "Who knows? You might be able to show me something new and pretty neat. Besides," he cocked his head a little, pinning Dean down with a meaningful look, "I keep shooting dicks off. That's no good, honty. I live for those, okay? But seriously." He tossed his bangs back, grimacing at the fact that they were still wet and ruined. His gaze found refuge in anywhere that didn't occupy Dean.

30f5f9a0efe8155d2de5cf526eec788a.png

"Some of the kids in there? Meh," he shrugged again, "They look a bit homesick, if you ask me. I'm guessing they've seen some awful things. Lost a few homes. All that shitty unfun stuff."

"Haven't we all," Dean replied solemnly. He finished putting everything back in the bag and zipped it up, lastly grabbing the old shirt and wringing it out at his feet before moving across the room to drape it over an old radiator that probably hadn't felt heat in years. He leaned against the wall, noticing Carter's averted stare. "Look, I don't want to lie," he said finally. "But I've also been instructed to keep my mouth shut. So, all I'll say is… if there's something you want to know, it's a safe bet that our omnipotent leader-" complete with finger quotes "-already does." He crossed his arms, brows raised meaningfully. "But if it were me… I'd ask someone he's likely to confide in."

And there it was - the vague hint that wasn't exactly so vague. Evie had seemed eager to follow him back to D.C., and if anyone was likely to give Carter the answers he was seeking, it would be her.

Carter chuckled, the sound far too condescending for his own tastes, before shaking his head in disbelief. Unbelievable--was Dean trying to form a deal or did an undertone of manipulation just now seep into the atmosphere? Either way, Carter didn't like what he was hearing. He didn't want to go to someone else for fucking permission or more information, not when the owner of the damn photo stood next to him. One hand slipped into his pants pocket, sheltering a clenched fist from view as he practiced caution with his response. "So now we've got secrets up in here? Damn, feels like I'm in an episode of Jersey Shore, but less cringing and more death." Another laugh, painfully hollow. "But hey, you're just following orders. Aren't you, honty?"

Slowly, he closed some distance between them and gave Dean a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I can understand that. A lot. NYPD will drill that shit into you harder than a good one night stand. Just, uh, keep this in mind." Suddenly, the smile died from existence and the insignance of a life other than Maya's rang sharply throughout his psyche. "Whatever I find out and whoever it's from, my godchild better be happy and healthy."

"Your..?" Dean faltered, an expression of utter bewilderment taking place of the collected one he usually wore. Confusion was not something he was used to feeling, but boy that had come out of nowhere. Was Carter implying that he knew one of the children in his photo? He supposed it wasn't totally out of the realm of possibilities, but… what were the odds? Unlike what he hoped, he didn't any clarification on the subject. Carter's smile made a comeback, but no more words concerning the child escaped him. He just nodded, gave another squeeze of the shoulder to appreciate the muscle underneath, and dropped his arm.

"Welp! This was good bonding, huh? We can try the better kind next time, okay~? My treat. Or ours. Yeah, ours." Just like that, his mood lifted like a switch and sex was once again on the brain for Carter. He would tap that hygienic pretty ass one day, dammit!

"I, Uhhhhh… I… yeah," he managed. "Can I..?" Dean gestured towards the picture still clenched in Carter's fingers. The Japanese-American blinked, not quite catching on before it clicked in his head a beat later.

"Oh! Shit, yeah. Here ya go, honty," he handed the photo over with a plastic grin, and Dean took it. With his hands finally free, Carter ran both of them through his locks again before turning on his heel to leave. However, as he reached the door, he stopped to send a wink Dean's way. "By the way? That bod? Fucking sculpted--keep it, kay? Cool. Glad we're on the same page~." Without preamble, he finally left Dean alone, far too swamped with new information of his own to marinate over for a bit.

What the fuck had just happened? Dean blinked stupidly, sinking back down onto the couch and staring at the picture. It was rare that Dean ever ended a conversation feeling like he knew less than when he started. And the bizarre switch in personality he'd just witnessed… well that was just… unsettling. He knew each child in this photo by name - knew their quirks and personalities, their likes and dislikes… and he was racking his brain now to try and remember if any of them had ever mentioned a Carter.

But nothing came to him.

Was it possible that Carter was just fucking with him? It seemed unlikely at best, but… maybe. Shaking his head, Dean tucked the photo into the front pocket of his bag, then scooped the remnants of the sat phone into his hands and dropped them out of the closest window.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Riley & Conner, white, solid"]

jx16SPm.jpg
uVvY4PE.jpg

Battling between disgruntled and crestfallen at Riley's outright rejection, Conner had retreated to the other side of the room, sinking down on to the floor and leaning back against the wall with a tired sigh. She was right, of course, he would be a liability, but it didn't make it any easier for him to accept that she would be heading out into danger, and he would be staying behind. Sure, her brother was going to be there, and if he knew anything about Dex it was that he loved Riley, and would do anything to protect her, but... at the same time, how had that worked out for Jack? For Wes? They'd traveled all this way, the five of them, with no issues up until merging with this group. Now his best friend was dead, Jack was dead, Ryan was knocking on death's door, and for what? A few weeks of relative safety? Being able to sleep a full eight hours because there were more people to divvy the watch? The price had been too high, and in the end, they'd been cheated, anyway.

It hadn't been worth it. Not in the slightest. And he'd give anything to go back to the way things were before Minden. Before Ballamory. Before Riley realized who it was that Jack had brought back to their camp that morning. A dark thought crossed his mind, and he was too tired to combat its influences. If he could go back, knowing what he knew now, would he change anything? Would he convince the others to skip Louisiana entirely? Or, a darker thought, would he take Jack's place on that morning patrol, and put a bullet into both Dexter and Evie before anyone knew what was happening?

No. He wouldn't. He couldn't. And in truth, it probably wouldn't have changed anything, anyway. Ryan knew about the supply cache in Minden. They would have gone, anyway. And they would have been ambushed the same way. Except they probably wouldn't have made it out alive - not one of them. Leaning forward, Conner massaged his calf, fingers skimming the mostly-healed wounds on the skin. He'd managed to avoid any infection, but the muscle was still torn and damaged inside, and any extensive movement still caused pain.

"Conner?"

He glanced up to see Riley standing over top him, somewhat of a conflicted expression on her face. "Hey, Riles."

"You ok?" She sat next to him and pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Just going to be worried about you, that's all."

"I'll be alright," she leaned in to him, cheek on his shoulder. "You know I have to go, right? Almost everyone else is hurt. And Ryan..." she trailed off, and Conner felt her breathing hitch as she stifled a sob. He lifted his arm and draped it across her shoulders, letting her fall against him.

"Shh, I know. I know." He'd been trying to avoid that particular topic of conversation, but here they were.

"He doesn't look good," she whispered sadly, wiping the back of her hand across wet cheeks. "What if we can't get back in time?"

"You will." Conner kissed the top of her head, letting his chin rest there for a moment, before Dexter's voice drew his attention.

"Alright, if you're coming, let's head out. We need to get this done quickly."

"I gotta go," she told him.

"I know." Together, they stood, and Riley wrapped her arms around him in a brief hug. "I'm gonna see if I can find a quiet place to take a nap."

"Good, you need one. I'll see you in a little while, ok?"

"Deal." He watched her move over to stand beside Otto as Dex went over the route they were going to take. Rubbing a hand across his face, Conner headed for the stairs. He passed Dean, who was shouldering his pack on the way down, but said nothing. Even despite his dislike of the man, and the uneasiness he felt at the idea of Riley going out on a mission with him, he was too tired to bother. Besides, creating discord right before a potentially dangerous situation wasn't the right call. He'd wait.

Riley moved to stand beside Otto, fidgeting impatiently. She knew it was important to get the details of the mission clearly, but the longer they stood here, the longer Ryan suffered. The other guy, Sykes, was bad off, but from what she'd overheard, he was expected to survive. All his wounds had been through and through, and missed the major arteries. She couldn't help but feel a bit of resentment at that.

Looking up to Otto as Dex rolled the map back up, she played with the hem of her t-shirt. "What do we do if we find people, like in Minden?"

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Ryan, Sykes

After giving Dexter a short nod and letting him head out his mind wandered back to Ryan and Sykes thinking of what he could possibly do for them. Sykes seems to be improving against all odds but the opposite seemed to be going of for Ryan as his wound looked worse each passing hour. He'd done his best to clean and wrap the wound until they could work a solution out but that was becoming less and less likely. The more he looked to the man the more it seemed that death was truly coming for him and there wasn't a thing that could be done to help. He knew Dex understood he'd done everything within his expertise to help but he also knew Dex had a point too when he mentioned there were something that couldn't be helped.

He pulled himself away from his thoughts before he tended to Sykes again so far for his injuries he seemed to be better than earlier though he still had his concerns. He inspected the arrow sights and knew he'd need to remove them as soon as possible if he could. He moved away from the man and approached Ryan "Hey...How you holding up?" He asked. So far with Ryan he'd just been doing pain management and making him as comfortable as possible. He somewhat hoped that Dex would maybe find a doctor or someone more capable than him out there though he knew that was a pipe dream. "Hows the pain?" He asked not wanting Ryan to be in to much discomfort.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot (Loaned to Dex)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336
3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Riley
-

Otto was waiting patiently while the others had been going about their business, either talking and making last minute plans or trying to find some semblance of order from the chaos they had just went through. Dex soon came over and began to speak about the "plan" as it were though if Otto voiced his thoughts the whole plan boiled down to moving to the hospital and finding what Jesse needed, Otto listened to Dex and made sure to keep the route in his head should he and the others get separated. Before long Dex's sister Riley stepped up next to him, Otto turned his head to her to hear her when she began to speak, he noted how she toyed with her shirt when she asked about other people and what they would do if they ran across anyone. He turned his whole body towards her. "First, take a deep breath then count to five, exhale then count to five again, relax your heart and mind. As for people, if they are hostile or look that way it'd be best to sneak around or away from them since we can't afford open combat right now. If they are open and friendly I would say see if they can help us and bring them into the fold but now isn't a good time to be trying to get new people to join us so i'm just going to defer to Dexter on that if it comes to pass." Otto spoke to Riley.
---
On person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
7x 7 round 1911 magazines
5x 30 round STANAG mags (26 rounds depleted in total)
1x tanto style combat knife
On Chest Rig:
6x 30 round STANAG magazines

Aveline
(ask the other guy)

CjdVbY-RLU6BTRa6IVUvcrSK66D5PWvf2cE1LScC_tx2ReDbuupQNSuwgzpg2Mn5POmSiSFRZu3Ii0VDoy3Xeaa4vgpX-Uq8d-ogCXMPAkOJ2tZYjwaFsiYyT8IfJXHqFg9UiWJZ

Aveline glanced amongst the others as they began to settle and listened to what she could: Dean dropping his items, breaking whatever had been important to him, and Carter leaving for the moment. Then Ryan… He wasn't looking so good. The universe felt like it wasn't on their side at the moment with the bandit, their home being burned down, the rain soaked their clothes, and now a member being ill. 'What the hell is wrong with him?' she asks herself and sighs, she doesn't know him and in all honesty, she was glad that she hasn't grown attach to the group wholeheartedly. While the thought is in mind, she glanced at Otto and internally groaned. 'Damn that bearded fluffy man.'

Shaking her head, she groups up with Dex once he announces, becoming more and more impatient the longer they continued their stay. Her gaze on Riley, more people made her roll her eyes and look down at her nails. That was the last thing they need and seeing how Otto tries to reassure her was a nice thing to see and hear, she was still not use to hearing people being… familiar. "So, Dexter." as Otto refers to him, her arms crossed. "Lead on."

--

ON PERSON:
- Sneakers

- White t-shirt
- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Baseball Bat (main weapon)
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Baby wipes (doesn't actually smell like babies)
- Bagged and labeled meeicine: Ibuprofen (6x), Benadryl (8x), Tylenol (4x)
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

tzbLEzvHHo6EoNQucsZofEy4Dy6AGd2A0ipp7Z4mJRFR0_lnz2WOKU3Un2qnnCpy6Y4cjpH9vHfsLH2IBLYka_TQg30R6oZgDQE6qJYn3I8bc7Yhmo2nIBOBzCrGL0B4PvmzD-Jn

Reactions: Dakota K5
[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | St. Dominic Hospital | Mid Afternoon, goldenrod, solid"]

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Interactions: Evangeline & Winslow @KatSea

Bea didn't like how much Uke wobbled in her pack, his pore neck exposed to the humidity of Mississippi and no doubt his body taking abuse against the tools she had haphazardly shoved into there. She could at least take solace in the safety of the strings; they were padded down by a Finding Nemo shirt (I mean, it was Dory, how could I turn that away??). It sucked that she happened to find it on the corpse of a little boy draped inside the bathtub, his ghostly face slick and barbie-like with residual horror. Maybe there had been a hint of betrayal too. I could only assume that much, depending on the bullet hole in his head...

To this day, the image haunted her with every step she took down a path she had no clue of where it was leading to.

But still, she needed to find a safe place to stop--soon. She could take her hat off to track for building up her endurance and pushing on through this heat, but she wasn't Wonder Woman (ugh, my Amazonian goddess! She doesn't need an all-powerful lasso to reel me in!); her calves and feet were starting to scream angrily, and she didn't want to subject Uke to this for much longer. Plus, it'd be nice to have a moment of repose and pluck a few strings, to settle down her nerves in the midst of this Hell. Jeez, Satan, how do you handle all of this?? Props to you, dude.

For the past three hours or so, she'd been sticking close to alley ways and shielded routes for obvious reasons, but she didn't know Mississippi all that well. Stupid world, having all your unique and different places! How dare you have variety without my knowledge! This relationship is over, I'm moving on to better things...if I can find anything better. But hey, I'm certain an entire country riddled with zombies isn't impossible to top. Anyways, I got off track...a-again. She wouldn't have come to that realization it wasn't for the fact that a hospital came into view.

She slowed to a stop and huffed in relief, sweating actual buckets. "Omg," she threw up both arms and dramatically fell to her knees, "I'm saaaaaved--oh crap. Shaddup, Bea." She quieted herself sheepishly before standing back up and looping around the side of the building. There wasn't much cover for Bea to work with in an empty lot, which set off some anxiety in her gut. She crouched behind a row of bushes to shuffle through her pack and retract a hunting knife. It was in decent condition; the handle was a bit ragged towards the bottom and a small blotch of rust marked the blunt edge of the blade. "Good enough for me," she sighed before pulling her bag back on and creeping onward.

If Bea knew herself, she knew this: She wasn't much of a fighter but by golly did she know how to dodge and run!

As the theme song for Mission Impossible started playing in her head, she halted again. The front entrance seemed to open and from her position (peering around the corner like the brave soul she was) it was by the hands of something. Whether it was hostile, friendly, or undead was unclear. "Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope..."

Nope.

Bea refused to deal with this. Perhaps she could go through the back? It wasn't the best idea, but she couldn't think that clearly while in the midst of a baby panic attack--

Of course she had to fuck up.

Of course she had to trip.

And of course she had to trip over air!

Bea met the asphalt with a solid thud, however, it was the very fucking unfortunate instance of her Uke letting out an ugly note (dammit, she knew she would've reinforced the padding before going in!). She instantly paled. Oh goodness, oh god, oh fuck, oh Harley Quinn's of Jokers--she was screwed.

Inventory

1x - Hunting Knife

1x - Water Canteen (half full)

3x - Protein Bar

Uke the ukulele

1x - First Aid Kit

Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Reactions: KatSea
Winslow

latest

If Winslow didn't know any better, he would have figured that his friend was suffering from a severe case of mental deterioration. Her eyes remained glazed and swallow, and the color that once danced across her freckled cheeks had dissipated into a pale, pasty shell. Suddenly her eyes flickered up to meet his, the blue hues being illuminated by panic. Her cheeks puffed, and with one swift movement she placed her hand over her trembling lips. She held up one pointer finger, handed the revolver off to Winslow, then raced down the hall. Winslow's brows knitted together, and in his concern he called out

"Ev? Ev darling you..."

"I am fine!" He heard, wrenching soon followed. Tempted by the health of his friend, he started in her direction, but was interrupted by what he thought was a collision, followed by an ugly, snap of a single note. He almost recognized the instrument, but his mind clouded with panic soon after. Oh shit. There's probably a zombie outside, tripping over it's own decaying legs. EW. EW EW. Okay...Win relax. Just...just pop it in the head if needed...oh God...blood...

Mom...pops...More wrenching followed, and, realizing that his friend needed safety above all else, Winslow glanced down at the weapon in his hand and sighed. Oh well. At least he knew Ev would be safe inside for the mean time. He made sure that the muzzle was pointed away from any vital organs or limbs, Aunt Claudia made certain that he would never forget his own bodily safety when it regarded bullets, and slowly pushed the door open. His head peeked out first, grey eyes nearly bulging out of his head in suspicion. I've got this. It's probably nothing...just remember, Ev is safe inside, and a moment outside might actually be healthy...If someone doesn't come up and BITE MY ARM OH DEAR GOD WHAT AM I DOING?!

He was not greeted by what he thought to be a danger, however, and was pleasantly surprised to see a normal looking girl on the ground. Okay...not a zombie...

Still could have some disease...maybe is part of a conspiracy...hostile...relax. Marcos hit you too hard, knocked your trust right out of your skull, along with a tooth. Heh, was my sweet tooth too. His tongue gently brushed against the gum, lips shut defiantly. Let's hope nothing else gets knocked out of me now...like my soul, oh, or my other molars. Oh, or my dignity. That's a huge one.

"Uh...hey there..." He greeted with a little grin as he fully moved out of the entrance, gun still trained at the ground ahead of him. He wasn't sure how safe this girl would be, so he tried to take Evangeline's advice. Be prepared for anything. "You okay? I mean...uh...state your business?" He tilted his head as he attempted to figure out how to formulate his tough speech. "Uh...no no no that's far too rude...How are you doing today? No...no no far too casual...You come here often?" He grimaced at the taste of his words. "Uh...that's not appropriate either...my God this is awkward..." Slowly he lowered his weapon and took two big steps towards her, heart hammering in his chest. He held one hand out to her, sweat beginning to bead at his forehead "D-do you need help or something? Looks like you might have taken a mighty fall...oh dear sweet baby Jesus..." He smiled nervously, lips twitching as he contemplated if this is was a proper action. "Uh...you looking for shelter too? I am sorry if I am bad at small talk. I uh...haven't done it much...considering the whole...uh...end of the world debacle."

Wow, am I smooth. I wouldn't blame her if she took my gun right now and fired. Honestly, I would too. I sound horrible. I wish Ev would have taught me how to talk more properly to anyone...girls...even dudes. I think I may need to be slow and steady....but who knows, she could be a brand new friend. Wouldn't that be nice? I need a friend to be honest...it's been lonely, even with Ev. But then again...it is the fucking end of the world. I should be grateful for what I have, even if it includes horrible social skills.

Hey...stranger...come here often? You know, when you aren't getting chased by the living dead? Heh, me too... Winslow gave himself a mental high five and prayed that it wouldn't be his last.

• Love
Reactions: JJ and Mobley Eats
[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | St. Dominic Hospital | Mid Afternoon, goldenrod, solid"]

Interactions: Winslow @KatSea

Bea had several images flashing through her head as she scrambled to her feet. In that scant suspension in time, reality slowed, her racing heartbeat transformed into a bass that boomed at five-second intervals, the sweat trailing down her neck and face tickled annoyingly at her nerves, and an unbearable tightness spread through her lungs as her life began to flash behind her eyes.

Oh god, this is it! This is where I get eaten and left as nothing more than a scrap of bones and dorky glasses! Mom, dad, I'm sorry I suck so much and didn't last that long! However, her internal monologue died as the newcomer's babbling reached her ears.

"You okay? I mean...uh...state your business? Uh...no no no that's far too rude...How are you doing today? No...no no far too casual...You come here often?" Bea blinked, rapidly, confused as mighty hell. "Uh...that's not appropriate either...my God this is awkward..."

Jesus Christ--and I thought I was awkward! Bea had yet to lower her knife, which she had poised with both hands and at waist level. Never mind the faint trembling--besides, it seemed like the boy wasn't able to notice it, not when he was tripping over his words so much. The more this guy spoke, the more Bea began to doubt that he was even a threat. She glanced about uncertainly, as if expecting some game show host to pop out and say she was punked. Right before feeding her to their zombie pets.

"Uhhhh," she drawled like a genius before clearing her throat. "I'm fine. I, like, fall fifty million a day and that's not including Justice League crushes, cuz Wonder Woman is bae so...um...yeah." She took an instinctual step back as he outstretched his hand. Again, she didn't really find him to be dangerous, but what if she was some sort of decoy? A distraction from the higher ups before they descended her or something??

"Uh...you looking for shelter too? I am sorry if I am bad at small talk. I uh...haven't done it much...considering the whole...uh...end of the world debacle." He capped it off with a smile, but dear Lord was it uncomfortable and forced! Bea couldn't deny that the sight was hilarious and a snort escaped her against her own accord. Instantly, she slapped a hand over her mouth to muffle a goofy guffaw in time, though it didn't help much to lower the volume.

Well, oink oink to you too...

She regained enough of her composure to hold out a hand while lowering the knife, blade pointed to the ground. "Yeah, I am. And no worries, I'm no good at it either cuz, like, small talk requires talking all minimal and stuff and tossing out clever remarks and boy let me tell you, I absolutely suck at it! I usually just kinda get into this, like, mind trippy spiel and start rambling on and on, especially when I get all freaking nervous, like I get anxious dude, it's not even funny--..."

Her brow pinched.

"Oh, I was doing it again."

Another pause.

Then she shook her head.

"Maybe we should go in and talk?" She shrugged. "Kinda don't wanna risk attracting zombie attention, ya know?"

Inventory

1x - Hunting Knife

3x - Protein Bar

Uke the ukulele

1x - First Aid Kit

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Winslow

latest

His eyes traced her for any possible signs of threat, and sure enough, he finally had the intelligence to notice the knife gripped in her hands. I guess that means she is not excited to see me...oh, yes, I can see that knife being plunged into my still beating heart. Heh...Ev would be so pissed if she realized I got killed and what my last words were. "H-hey man...why can't we just...uh, be friends?" He offered her a nervous, toothy grin. "Oh...well I am glad to hear that you are okay, and don't worry...wonder woman is uh..." He whistled lowly, red appearing upon his cheeks. What could he say? He'd tell her anything, even without the lasso of truth wound about him. DC, you made some mighty fine characters. "I fall for her, along with other various comic book characters...I mean...I am not gay or anything, er, not that it matters, but uh...Oliver Queen uh..." He laughed nervously, using his free hand to rub the back of his neck, then slowly push the mop of hair away from his face "He could change my mind in a heart beat." Not if Ev has anything to say about it, that is.

Relief flooded through him as she lowered her knife, and damn near snorted at Winslow's awkwardness. A wildfire threatened to begin upon his cheeks, and he stared down at his gun as a method of pinpointing an item. Evangeline taught him this trick awhile ago, while Marcos had continued his cruelty towards the both of them. She told him to focus on the item's characteristics until his shame washed away. Once he was calm once more, the natural smile returned to his face, the sharp pain of his happiness pinching at his hearty cheeks.

"Dude...it's okay. You can ramble. I won't judge." He claimed lightly, knowing fully well that he did it all the time. He was truly surprised at how patient Ev had been with him. Never interrupted, always nodded and smiled, even when a topic went straight over her head. He appreciated it far more than she could know. He noticed that her hand was outstretched, and slowly but surely he grasped on and helped her up, making sure that his gun in his other hand was kept as far away from her as possible. He didn't want to accidentally frighten her, the poor dear. Besides, a knife in his body didn't sound too pleasant.

"I am guessing you are on your own?" He asked, biting his lip as he placed his free hand into his jacket pocket "Well, we can change that right here and now if that's the case. My sis, Evangeline, and I are..." He wondered if he should have kept her under wraps for safety reasons, but as he realized, that was a bit late for now. "Staying here, it's been pretty safe and sound from what I can register." He walked back to the entrance and held open the door for her "After you, madam. Oh, silly me!" He claimed after he had ushered her in, bowing his head in utmost respect for the new stranger "I haven't introduced myself. My name is Winslow, and I am the proud man of this household." He crossed
his arms with a smirk, but then slowly let his arms drop back to his side "Actually Evangeline is, I just don't want her knowing that."

Inventory:

A gun: four bullets

A positive attitude

A single wash cloth

Swiss army knife(doubles as a bottle opener)

A new buddy

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Mid Afternoon, darkorange, solid"]

Once everyone was gathered, he went over the route one more time, then stepped back away from the table and knelt to go through his pack, taking inventory of his gear and ammunition. His 9mm pistol was buried beneath a ton of smoldering timbers back in Ballamory, and the AR-15 he'd taken from one of the raiders only had a half dozen rounds in it. He still had the Desert Eagle, but it was loud, and probably would do more harm than good. Either way... this was supposed to be a quiet mission, quick and easy, in and out, so if he did end up having to use a firearm, it would be last resort. With an uneasy 'hmph' Dex zipped the bag back up and stood. "Head outside and get your bearings," he told everyone else. "I'll be right out."

Once they'd gone, Dex crouched beside Evie and Ryan, a sympathetic look written all over his face. "Hey, listen. We're going to get you some stuff, ok? We'll be back in no time just hang in there." Ryan seemed to be fading in and out of consciousness, so Dex left him alone after that, leaning in to brush Evie's cheek with his knuckles and touch her forehead with his own. In a lowered voice, he continued. "Try and take it easy. We should be back before sunrise. If we're not..." he hesitated, brows drawing together. "If we're not, don't send anyone after us. Promise?"

"Dex let's go, the rain is picking up." Riley's voice carried through the door before Evie could respond, and Dex stood, swinging his bag over his shoulder. Nodding a goodbye at Carter and Jesse, he followed the rest of the party out the door.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
-------------------------
Wearing
soggy black basketball shorts, long-sleeved camo shirt & black combat boots

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [shoulder strap]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x 46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

Winslow, Evangeline (KateSea) and Bea (Mobley Eats) Collab

Bea accepted Winslow's hand graciously, popping up with a tad more energy than necessary and laughed as a delayed reaction to the Oliver Queen comment. She let out a quick whistled under her breath. "Maaaan, oh man, don't get me started on Oliver! Those muscles go on for miles!" Her cheeks took on a rosy tint as she adjusted her glasses--hell, she knew she was spouting stupid stuff but for some reason, she didn't quite feel as ashamed around this guy. Something about his equal yet unique brand of awkwardness helped to settle her nerves of bit.

"Your sis, huh," she mumbled while waltzing into the hospital--in the pit of her gut, she figured she should be a bit more cautious, even with Winslow's assurance, but her survival skills were shut down at the moment. Plus, it didn't help that he mentioned a sister. Nice to know that sort of thing still matters, she thought.

"Yeah, Evangeline! She's awesome…" Winslow peeked his head back towards the hall where he had heard her spilling her guts previously. "Been a bit down recently, usually she'd be up in a flash to come greet a new person, she certainly loves new people…" Winslow placed his hand behind his ear and cupped it, turning his head left to right as if he was using newly developed sonar equipment. "Ev? You alright?" He failed to notice Bea sending him a bemused expression, but she decided to keep her mouth shut and stowed away the dorky action for later.

"Fine!" A faint voice called out, a painful cough following soon after "Peachy!" Winslow's brows knitted, uncertainty written over his face.

"We've got a new friend here, sis." He proclaimed, before hearing a prolonged groan emit from her. He turned his head to Bea, an apologetic demeanor replacing his sheepish countenance. "She's usually more social."

Bea shrugged and waved off the look. "No worries. I can get where she's coming from. New faces don't always equal, 'omg! New person that totally won't eat my face off,' so I totally get it."

nm1976481.jpg

"Oddly enough, that is the exact phrasing that I thought up when I realized you were not a zombie." He smiled brightly, without a thought regarding the state of his toothy grin. "I think she's sick anyway...poor dear hasn't been eating too much recently." That was true, but as Winslow thought hard enough about it, Evangeline had been eating much more than usual. She'd ration items, majorly favoring Winslow when it came to food. Winslow's mind ached at that new thought that threatened to pop his state of reality. It was most certainly possible that Ev...He scoffed inwardly at himself. That couldn't be possible. She was too careful, too cautious. "So…" He inquired finally, brows performing their playful dance. "What brings a nice lady out to a place like...Oh goodness I need to stop talking like this." He covered a hand over his mouth to prevent a chuckle from escaping "What brings you out here? Besides the uh...overpopulation of the spooky undead."

Some unease stirred in Bea's gut. "Sick? Ya don't say…" She didn't want to assume the worst, especially not about Winslow's sister. After all this time of enduring the constant panic, fear, and loneliness of this damned outbreak, she finally had the chance to make a new friend. The last thing she wished to do was to offend Winslow with any accusations but...still. No one could blame her.

"Uh...I am fairly certain it's a bug. Or stress." Winslow's shoulders slumped down in near defeat. That's what got Marcos, or so Evangeline had told him. He believed it, considering the starvation the man had put himself through his last few days on Earth. "I wouldn't worry too much about her. She's a strong independent woman, spite will keep her alive." His smile was weakened still, the coughs and wretches finally coming to a stop as he heard Evangeline swear. "See, the spite's at work."

Bea noticed Winslow's dip in mood and an instant guilt started gnawing at the pit of her gut. Ah, crap. Pure dude's getting sad! Fix it, Bee, fix it! Her mind scrambled for something supportive to say, the panic more than likely playing across her visage comically. "Errr--I mean. Yeah! Dude, I'm pretty sure her spite is like boss level strong. Uh, army strong. AC of infinity strong. Um, uh...other things strong…?" she trailed off sheepishly, her shoulders brushing her burning ears.

"My biceps?" He asked uncertainty as he rolled down his sleeve, where upon seeing the fresh scar traveling down to his wrist, he promptly pulled the fabric back over his skin. "Nevermind." He grinned at her, his teeth biting down on his bottom lip as he asked of her "Uh...look if Evangeline wouldn't mind...could you possibly…" He felt horrible for asking this of her already, but he needed the company, no matter how much of a stranger she was in that moment "Stick around? Help us get food and such? Three's a lucky number, just so you know. It's a complete set." To prove his point, he held up three fingers, pointing them each in turn towards her.

In response, Bea reached out to gently lower one of his fingers about halfway, a playful smirk already pulling at her lips. "With my height? It'd be more like two and a half. Hah! Whooo, that's a good one! Get it? Cuz I'm like a midget on steroids but minus the muscles and--okay I'm done." Bea slapped her cheeks lightly, trying to fend off the randomness firing off in her head like a faulty rifle. She had to pull herself together and answer his question seriously; this was obviously important to him. She inhaled slowly before continuing, "Point is, I'd be begging to tag along if you didn't invite me. I've got no idea where I am nor where I'm going. Sad, I know, but that's my situation."

"Sis is shorter than you are." He lowered his ring finger "So, that puts it down to about two real people." Excitement bubbled in his shivering chest, the confirmation sounding sweet against his ears. She seemed as if she would be a good companion, which is good, Winslow didn't want another part of him missing. Or worse, dead. "Well, I couldn't just let you roll solo now could I? You seem much too kind to be let alone." He admitted with a curt nod. He wondered how people did it, survived on their own. He could barely survive without Ev, although she seemed okay when he wasn't around. It didn't matter, he swallowed down the thought of him simply dragging her down. "We don't quite know where we are going either, but here seems safe." His eyes fluttered close. "Where ever we can live nicely. Although…" He thought back to the man who had promised to come back. What a promise that turned out to be.

"Al...though?" Bea muttered awkwardly, her hands clasped behind her back as she bent forward a bit, trying to peer up at him. Perhaps she was prying, but that didn't really click in her head right then.

"We've had false hopes in the past." He admitted, clearing his vision once again of his mess of a mane. "It's nothing too important. Here is safe, as long as it will continue to be safe."

"I see…" Bea had several more questions, but she held her tongue. Winslow didn't seem terribly keen on opening up about the topic and she had no interest in pushing him. Besides, he thought she was nice, which posed to be a statement far more relieving than he would ever know. She snapped her attention back to the halls, scouring their surroundings for a new face. "So, where be my vertically challenged equal?" Her voice adopted a nasally quality, as if she was impersonating a munchkin.

"Uh...Ev?" He called out, steps echoing out throughout the hall. He finally placed his eyes upon Evangeline, who had used a hospital rag to tie up her hair and had another pressed firmly to her lips. "You look beautiful dear."

melanie1b.jpg

"Fuck off." She mumbled and pried the rag away from her lips, eyes inspecting the new resident with care. "My apologies for him. Are you alright, dear? No problems with me to handle is there?"

Bea, instead of answering with words like a normal human being, was reduced to gaping like a fish straight out of water and lips flapping, failing to make a sound. Uh oh. Oh no--Winslow didn't tell me her sis is so dang pretty!! She internally proceeded to flip shit, while externally shutting down for two seconds.

"Are you alright dear? I...I've got something on my face don't I?" Evangeline asked tiredly, rubbing at her eyes with the palms of her hands.

Bea snapped out of her reverie long enough to shake her head rapidly, eyes wide and face literally on fire. She waved her hands about frantically. "No! No, no, no, nope! Nada! Nein! You look gorgeous--uh, I mean. Like, in a total platonic and casual and friendly way between pals! Y-ya know? Ahah! Hahaha…" As she devolved into an absolute mess, her gaze strayed over to Winslow, silently asking for help.

Winslow smirked at Bea's sudden devolution into blushing and stutters. "Meh, she's not too shabby." He noticed that Evangeline's face burned bright, shielding most of her freckles and scars from view.

"Oh...thanks." A little smile pulled at her lips, her fingers anxiously pulling at the towel keeping her hair in place. "I...I think I needed that." She laughed weakly and Winslow noticed that she had a singular hand placed upon her stomach.

Bea groaned behind her hands, but had enough wits and manners left to utter a muffled, "You're welcome…" She took a moment to recollect herself and slowly started lowering her fingers...only to put them firmly back into place. "Okay, uh. Call me a weirdo but I'm just gonna try not to look at you for a bit but I swear I'm not being rude you're just too freaking pretty right now and I get all tongue-tied and dumb in the head when trying to talk to pretty females so just gimme like five minutes to calm down and catch my--"

She proceeded to catch her breath.

Evangeline blinked in her confusion. She wasn't sure if she was being honest and an adorable child, or if this was just a flattery trick. She was fairly certain she looked horrid, her face was pale and littered with flaws, and not to mention the dark bags under her eyes "You flatter me, dear." She winked tiredly and looked to Winslow "I like her." She smiled lightly, a small ache passing through her throat again. She groaned. She better not have been infected. She didn't want to have to think of the consequences.

"Omg," Bea wheezed while clutching one hand over her heart and the other on Winslow's shoulder. By this point, she was playing up the act since it seemed to be working in her favor. Plus, she would gladly play the babbling idiot card if he meant seeing that woman's smile again. "Winslow, she likes me. She said she likes me. I'm made."

• Love
JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio

Things had been quiet since the conversation with Evie dissolved. The girl was still sat beside him, quiet for the moment. Seems his joke didn't pay off but he barely had the energy to give concern to the matter. Once more, he turned his full attention back to try to lessen the effects of the spinning prison he was trapped in. When Cecilio spoke, Ryan didn't budge, opting to merely speak lowly and quietly.

"Right now my whole body hurts but... don't worry about it," he answered wheezily. "I just need rest."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person (Ryan):
- Canteen

Outfit:
[spoili]

BkbSmK8.jpg

[/spoili]

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Ave and Riley
-

He gave Ave a wide smile when she volunteered to go. "Nice to have you along Ave." He spoke shortly before Dex told them to go out and get ready and Riley spoke of the rain getting harder as he stepped out. "Rain's good for us, we end up wet but it will kill our scent to the infected and quiet our movement." It was more of a statement of fact then anything as a response to what Riley had said since she had been talking to Dex, he looked up into the grey skies and let the water wash away most of the dried blood on his face before he moved his now soaked locks of hair back and out of his face waiting for Dex to take the lead.
---
On person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

Aveline
(ask the other guy)

CjdVbY-RLU6BTRa6IVUvcrSK66D5PWvf2cE1LScC_tx2ReDbuupQNSuwgzpg2Mn5POmSiSFRZu3Ii0VDoy3Xeaa4vgpX-Uq8d-ogCXMPAkOJ2tZYjwaFsiYyT8IfJXHqFg9UiWJZ

Aveline couldn't help but smile to Otto, it lingers for a moment as she watches him use the rain to clean the blood off his face. Her head shakes and chuckles before she begins shuffling through her bag and pulling out a small package of baby wipes. Pulling one out, she closens to Otto and begins wiping the leftovers. "Why are you so messy?" she jokes, mumbling. "Better…" checking over then throwing away the wipe and awaits for Dex.

--

ON PERSON:

- Sneakers
- White t-shirt

- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)
IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Ripped Gauze

- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

tzbLEzvHHo6EoNQucsZofEy4Dy6AGd2A0ipp7Z4mJRFR0_lnz2WOKU3Un2qnnCpy6Y4cjpH9vHfsLH2IBLYka_TQg30R6oZgDQE6qJYn3I8bc7Yhmo2nIBOBzCrGL0B4PvmzD-Jn

[fieldbox="Riley | #1 Ballamory | 1 October 2026 - Early Morning, teal, solid"]

Heading out into the rain, which had picked up quite a bit since they'd entered Jackson, Riley pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail, securing it with the hair tie she always kept around her wrist. Cold moisture dripped down the back of her shirt, trickling down her spine, and Riley shivered, rubbing her arms. The sound of the door behind her made her turn, and Dexter exited the garage, a sullen look on his face. They fell into line, Dean taking the lead solo, then her and Dex, and Aveline and Otto bringing up the rear. For several minutes, they walked in tense silence, broken only by the pattering of rain all around them. It was nice in a way, to watch everything get washed clean - rain was one thing that Riley had truly missed while living in Texas - but at the same time, it was also kind of gloomy. Guess it only fits that the weather reflects everyone's mood.

Even if it hadn't been for losing Liz, and, inevitably she was sure, Ryan, she'd understand why. Being in Ballamory for only a couple of weeks and she'd already grown used to it. She couldn't imagine how it felt to have your home ripped away so violently after living there for months.

Would they have been better off if we'd never shown up?

Riley snuck a sidelong glance at her brother, but he seemed not to notice, lost in thought, or... concentrating on the path ahead, or something. His constant solemnity unsettled her... and was so unlike the confident, vivacious brother she'd grown up with that it was almost like staring at a different person. But that was the nature of the apocalypse, right? It changed people. It'd changed her.

"Hey, Dex?"

The surprise and suspicion in his eyes when he looked over to her was enough to make her cringe. But, honestly, how could she expect any less? She'd been nothing but cold to him since they'd reunited. "Yeah?"

She waited a long minute before responding. "I'm... sorry about Ballamory."

Dexter nodded slowly, sadly. "Yeah. Me too, kiddo, me too." He looked ahead again, and they walked in silence for another few minutes. "We'll get through it."

Riley was unconvinced. Yeah, they were alive, but where would they go? Would they find another little homestead nearby, and start Ballamory over again, from the ground up? She had to admit, it seemed like a good plan. And starting completely over would unify the groups, but... Her eyes found Dean, a dozen or so feet ahead of them. Hadn't he said that D.C. was guaranteed safety? No more having to go on supply runs, no more having to watch your back? No more worrying about whether today was going to be the day that your luck finally ran out?

It seemed too good to be true. Which meant it probably was. But, at the same time, there was just the faintest bit of hope. Dex had made his opinion about making the thousand-mile journey very clear, but, that's back when they were safe. When D.C. was just a risk, not a haven. Had that changed, now? She burned with curiosity, but decided not to ask. Now wasn't the time. They had a mission to accomplish, it would be reckless to bring up something so controversial right now.

An uneventful hour passed before the hospital came into view, its beige walls stretching half a dozen stories high. It looked relatively untouched, a couple of broken windows here and there, but the building was intact. Dex pulled them all aside half a block away. "Alright, weapons up, watch where you step, and make as least noise as possible. Don't shoot unless absolutely necessary," he flipped up the clip on the sheath and drew his knife, testing the edge with his finger out of habit. Riley nodded at the instructions as he continued. "Otto, I want you to keep the rifle out - you're the best shot with that thing and if shit gets out of hand, I trust you to be able to make the shot. Everyone else, silent weapons only."

Riley pulled out her machete, holding it point-down towards the ground. Once everyone was appropriately armed, they started in towards the hospital.

INVENTORY (RILEY)
Wearing

bluejeans, white t-shirt & sneakers

On Person

Beretta Cx4 Storm [15/15] (shoulder strap)
Beretta Model 92 [17/17] (right hip)
Machete w/Sheath (left hip)

Backpack
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture
9mm Rounds x46
Journal & 2 Black Pens
Bottle of Draino [3/4 full]
Aluminum Foil Roll [1/3 full]

Food & Water
Skittles [1]
Kitkat [2]
Can Ravioli [2]
16oz Water Bottle [2 full]

[/fieldbox]​

Reactions: Mobley Eats
[fieldbox="Carter Yamanashi | Mechanic's Shop | Mid Afternoon, purple, solid"]

30f5f9a0efe8155d2de5cf526eec788a.png

Interactions: Cecilio

Carter descended the steps with an extra pep in his step. All chipper humming, hips swaying, and radiance utterly forced. As he reached the ground floor, he beamed at the band of injured and oh-so-optimistic people that decided to stay behind. Lawd! How much longer could his fabulousness survive in this vibe--

He wondered how Maya was fairing. She was surviving, right? Surely, she must have. She was in the picture, right there next to Dean, showcasing that award-winning smile that never failed to light up Carter's world a new shade of hopeful. She had to be okay. She was Carter's everything. The only thing left in this shitty stain on the universe called a world that had an inkling of Walter left. No, that was selfish. He loved Maya for her as well. But Walter--

While ruffling his wet air in a fruitless attempt to dry it quicker, Carter sighed softly while making his way towards Cecilio. He tapped the Russo-Italian on his beefy shoulder and fluttered his eyelashes at him, cradling his side pointedly.

"Um, honty? Once you're done with everyone, mind patching me up? I could use some of that TLC~."

All of this desperation to heal and help, such a waste on Ryan's part. He was going to be a goner. No, he already was. Carter was certain that the man could taste death right this instance. Something bitter and longing stirred in the Japanese-American's gut...Envy. Desire. A thirst to share in the vile beverage--but Maya--but life without Maya--what was the worth? With each passing day, preserving the reason grew more tiresome--

"Oh! Also, be gentle with me, kay?" He sent Cecilio another wink before glancing over his shoulder, watching the able-bodied group leave for the hospital. His gaze lingered on Dean, something flirty and caustic and penetrating rolling from his eyes like blood from a fresh wound. A saucy grin made home upon his visage as he put his attention back on Cecilio and snapped his fingers. "You look like one of those closet rough and tumblers, but I like it soft. Unless you catch me on a fiery day. So!" Carter proceeded to shed his shirt--

Would he have to shed some blood to get some answers? Hopefully not--it would take more effort than he cared to expel. Plus, he was woefully outnumbered and outgunned. Using violence wasn't smart. Carter wasn't the strongest man. He wasn't the scariest. But he had smarts and his smarts protested provoking anyone in this group. But still, his goal was right there within reach, just inches away from grazing his battered fingertips.

Which only left Dex, Evie, or Dean--no. No Dean. The man was on his guard now and weary of Carter--it was obvious. Fine, he would stow that tidbit away for later. It could prove to be useful later. Maybe. He didn't know yet.

Carter draped the shirt over his arm.

"Ugh," he whined while rustling his locks again in a temporary childish fit. He pouted up at Cecilio. "You don't have some conditioner on you, honty? Preferably curls and bounce enhancer? Hair gel? Something??" He pumped as much innocent into the look as much as possible, though he genuinely doubt the rugged medic could help in that department. Which was fine.

Carter just needed a distraction from the miasma gnawing away at his skull.

Inventory

On person
P226 Sig Sauer (7/10 loaded)
AR-15 (21x 5.56 rounds, 1 mags)
Sylvie's Machete
Fabulousness
Bittersweet memories
Growing fondness for Evie & Hero
Strip of dirty cloth/fabric

814rDc8DLrL._UX562_.jpg

LONMMY-Military-pants-mens-Fashion-Cotton-Cargo-side-zipper-pants-mens-Army-green-Casual-trousers-Multi.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

s-l300.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Ave, Dex
-

He smiled as Ave moved to clean his face. "Well when i'm messy I get to get taken care of by a pretty lady." He said with a wink and a smile before letting out a small chuckle as they headed off in the direction of the hospital.
-
It didn't take long for them to get there, at least long to him since he had remembered four hour patrols staring at mountains and empty terrain. Luckily nothing gave them any trouble in there journey which he was sure everyone else was just as thankful as he was about, when Dex pulled them off to give his last minute orders it hadn't come as a big surprise that he wanted Otto with the gun ready to which Otto nodded as he pulled his magazine out one last time to get the round count, twenty nine and one in the chamber, before putting it back in before putting it in low ready and following to the hospital proper.
---
On person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

Interactions: Winslow & Evangeline @KatSea

After Bea remembered how to act semi-normal and learned how to look at Evangeline without having a mental breakdown, she had resorted to loitering about the halls awkwardly with Winslow. It had only been a minute or two after proper introductions (Oh shoot! I still haven't told them my name! Welp, I suck.), so she was still somewhat uncomfortable around them. It definitely wasn't anything personal--she would've felt the same around any new face. She figured in due time, she would warm up to these two and get her footing.

However, her thoughts screeched to a rude halt as she peered out of the window...

Oh god. Oh no. Please, no--why?!

"Nope," Bea breathed, her heart rate steadily climbing by the second. She hurriedly scurried over to Winslow, her complexion turning ghostly with panic. Her hold on the knife was shaky, while the other reached around to clutch Uke through the bag protectively. "U-um, Win? Problem, problem, problem. Red Alert. SOS. I-I see a group of peeps heading towards here! Th-they're right outside." She flashed a horribly forced smile and laughed. "Th-this is when I can panic now and flip my shit, right?"

Please say it is, cuz it's about to happen!

Inventory

1x - Hunting Knife

3x - Protein Bar

Uke the ukulele

1x - First Aid Kit

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Aveline
(ask the other guy)

Aveline pulls her hood over her head and zipped up the jacket as they head out. Of all the times they had to leave it, it had to be in the cold hard rain. As the minutes passed on, so did the rain, cancelling out the silence. Days like this sometimes made it easier to sneak around, the dead could hardly hear your footsteps or sometimes they were just really dumb and tried to attack the rain. The old thought made her smile. As their journey continued, they began to slow for a moment Dex commanding that they ready their arms and only use their firearms unless absolute.

She continues on being last in the group, following the lead.

--
ON PERSON:
- Sneakers
- White t-shirt
- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)​

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)​

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, darkorange, solid"]

Since everyone seemed to be on the same page, Dex nodded, satisfied. With any luck, this would be a simple trip, they'd find what they needed, and get back to the group. He hadn't seen the extent of Carter's injury, but he knew the man had been wounded as well, which made three people in need of, at the very least, antibiotics and bandages, with enough left over for any possible injuries that were bound to happen in the future. The thing was, there were multiple places in the hospital that those things could be kept. The most obvious was the main pharmacy, which every medical center had, and was typically on the ground floor. But, again, that was the most obvious, and any looters that got here before them would have likely gone straight there.

Then there were the individual stations in each wing of the hospital, that kept a general handful of supplies and medication at the ready, and restocked at the pharmacy when they were low. Those didn't carry nearly as many types of medications, but antibiotics were definitely one of the things they would have. And that was the most important right now.

As the group moved towards the hospital, he lowered his voice. "Make sure you clear your corners, and test every door. There are enough of us here that we'll have the upper hand against any Infected, as long as they don't get the jump on us." Reaching the large set of double doors at the entrance, Dex tapped twice with the handle of his knife on the glass to draw out anything nearby. But after several moments of nothing happening, he nodded and pushed the door open, wincing at the crunching of shattered glass scraping across the floor. But it seemed that they were in the clear - for now, at least - because nothing came groaning and snarling out of the darkness.

"I think the pediatrics ward is our best bet. They're bound to have supplies there and it's not a place most people would think to look."
Dex strode over to a map on the wall, rubbing months worth of dust off the painted surface, and found the "you are here!" dot. Looking over the map, he found the quickest route. "Up one floor and on the East Wing. Stairs are down the hall a bit," he pointed. "Dean, take the doors on the right, I'll take the doors on the left. Make sure you test all of them, so we know we're not going to have something come up behind us that we missed. Riley, behind Dean, Aveline, behind me. Otto, bring up the rear center and be ready with that rifle."

Dex moved to the first door on the left, pushing it open with one hand while the other held his knife at the ready. But it was an empty waiting room, the only occupants broken chairs strewn across the grimy floor. "Clear," he said, just as Dean repeated the same on the other side of the hallway.

"Clear here too."

The five of them moved down the hall, quickly and surprisingly efficiently. For the most part, the ground floor seemed to be free of Infected, which was a strange but welcome surprise. As they made it to the stairwell, Dex paused, the memories of what they'd seen in Minden making a comeback in his mind's eye. Bodies, waist-high, rotting and decaying in the Louisiana summer. But as he pushed the door open he was greeted by only empty space, and the images vanished. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, and then beckoned everyone forward and up the stairs.

"If there's no one on the first floor, you think the rest of the hospital is empty, too?" Riley's voice echoed in the contained stairwell, calling back at them, "too, too, too, too". She cringed, flashing the others an apologetic glance.

"You never know." Dean's voice was low and careful. "Sometimes they get trapped on the upper levels. And those ones are the most dangerous, because they're ravenous."

Riley's eyes widened with a sharp, quiet inhale, and Dexter glowered at Dean over his shoulder. "If there's anything up here, we'll take care of it," he said firmly. At the landing, Dex peered through the glass window in the upper center of the door, but aside from some unintentionally ghastly paintings on the wall of childrens' characters, it seemed they were alone. "Same routine here. Clear first, then search for supplies." He pushed the door open, and it swung outward with a creeeeeeeak.

"Hold on." Riley snagged the hem of Dexter's shirt to prevent him from moving forward. He turned, an unspoken question in his eyes, but she wasn't looking at him, rather, her eyes were slanted away, as if she was concentrating really hard on something. "Do you hear that?"

Dex shook his head. "Hear what?"

And then he did. The distinct whup-whup-whup-whup-whup in the distance, growing ever so louder as it moved closer.

"Is that..?" Dean started.

"A helicopter." Dexter met Otto's gaze as the five of them stood frozen in the stairwell. "What do we do? Do we flag it down?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
soggy black basketball shorts, long-sleeved camo shirt & black combat boots

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [holding]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [shoulder strap]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)