Miracle Girls: Out of Order OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I want to post but I'm majorly stressing out over two tests I have this week.

Yeah, just so you're aware, I'm waiting on Daz to post before I do anything, Craftsdwarf. Don't really think Kaoru would do anything other than continue walking forwards.

I told everyone that they need to be willing to come forward when they aren't having fun, and right now that is me. Hopefully, you don't find it demoralizing since I'm the GM, but I feel like I wouldn't be living up to my word if I didn't hold myself to the same expectations I hold everyone else.

*breathes deeply*. So basically, I'm having a bit of regret that I made this a group RP. Not only have I not been around enough to keep in touch with everyone, but things are just quiet here. Nobody really talks to anyone else. Oftentimes, I feel a bit lonely coming here since it feels like I'm spending all my time just asking what is holding things up. Plus, we haven't had nearly the pace that I wanted. Sometimes we get the ball rolling, but it hasn't ever been the everyone posting the once per week that we agreed to when I was launching this. As much as I've fallen in love with the characters we've created, I sometimes think that I should have been more exclusive. There are just constant obstacles due to the large cast size. And the loss of Chiyoko was huge... Raz just suddenly vanished off the face of the earth, even though his character was creating the conflict that everyone was responding to. As soon as Raz left, posting slowed significantly. As much as I want to believe that people are simply getting busier, I know that it has to do with motivation... Yet nobody says anything.

It makes me feel a loss of motivation as a GM when I don't feel connected to my players. I think that in some ways it has been nice, but my absence as a presence here has been a leading contributor to this feeling. I'm actually quite disappointed in myself for being so quiet in the OOC. More than anyone else, I should be excited about this story. And I am... I am excited for the girls to learn what kind of girl Yui is. I want them to get curious about Akira. I want them to have a cool experience with their first transformation. I want them to enjoy getting to live a life where the chaos doesn't constantly meddle in their lives. I want them to find things they like about each other. I want to see the girls form interdependencies, gossip, speculate, fight... I have so many desires for this RP, but it is all just far too slow. At the rate we are going, it isn't going to be fun for me... even though I love everything about the characters and story.

• Love
Reactions: Chrysanthemum
I agree with everything you wrote.

Actually, I feel a little guilty too. I'm usually a lot more active, both in IC and OOC. I think it's probably hard for some of us to post a lot IC though; most of the characters aren't very talkative. OOC-wise, I probably could post a lot more than what I've been doing... I guess I just didn't want to be seen as that person who fills up the entire thread with unnecessary posts.

To be perfectly honest, I've never been in a roleplay as "advanced" as this one. I really don't consider myself to be a very good writer, so I probably wouldn't have joined this at all if the story wasn't so interesting, considering how different the writing level is to all of my other RPs. I've been a little more cautious about posting IC because of that.

That being said, I really am super glad that I joined. I have high hopes for where this roleplay will go, but of course the most important thing is that everyone should be having fun. I'll definitely be posting more often.

I agree with everything you wrote.

Actually, I feel a little guilty too. I'm usually a lot more active, both in IC and OOC. I think it's probably hard for some of us to post a lot IC though; most of the characters aren't very talkative. OOC-wise, I probably could post a lot more than what I've been doing... I guess I just didn't want to be seen as that person who fills up the entire thread with unnecessary posts.

To be perfectly honest, I've never been in a roleplay as "advanced" as this one. I really don't consider myself to be a very good writer, so I probably wouldn't have joined this at all if the story wasn't so interesting, considering how different the writing level is to all of my other RPs. I've been a little more cautious about posting IC because of that.

That being said, I really am super glad that I joined. I have high hopes for where this roleplay will go, but of course the most important thing is that everyone should be having fun. I'll definitely be posting more often.
*hugs you*, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your writing has been on point. If you feel like taking on a risk, just go for it. Just have fun, and let me reel you in if need be.

This may be an RP where I want people to think and plan more than a standard RP, but this is also the RP where it is acceptable to post all the time. Not every post is going to be a grand message by itself. Oftentimes just having characters announce their presence in small ways helps add to the mood. Look no further than Akira herself. Most of her actions thusfar include ignoring, disregarding, falling asleep, and generally not wanting to have anything to do with the situation. These small gestures add personality to the character, and provide something for others to react to.

I'm in class right now, but I have some more solution-oriented ideas for when I get out.

• Thank You
So, one thing I've been thinking about is that we've been creating a lot of "chokepoints" when it comes to the flow of information. What I mean by this is that there are plenty of situations where nothing can progress without the input of a player. This is problematic for several reasons. First, it puts a lot of pressure to make people hurry up, even when they might be busy or unmotivated. Secondly, it slows down posting by bypassing the days in which people can post, only to make them the one under pressure at a later date. So basically, it is creating a situation where the spontaneousness of the situation is gone. People can't always post just because they feel like posting. This essentially means that we have an obstacle to fun. We have a mechanism that makes people feel like they have to do something on a regular basis.

With the problem laid out, I now want to propose my solution. Chokepoints are a natural part of RPs, so we can't just get rid of them. However, we can choose to approach them differently. In shooting games, people overcome chokepoints by going in as a team. In RPs, I think we can use a similar solution. Whenever our characters are going to be put in situations where they can lock each other up, I think we need to have a plan to get through the chokepoint quickly. If we communicate what sort of schedule we are operating under, we can try to make space to open up a google doc, and just write through the situation.

Does this sound feasible?

So, one thing I've been thinking about is that we've been creating a lot of "chokepoints" when it comes to the flow of information. What I mean by this is that there are plenty of situations where nothing can progress without the input of a player. This is problematic for several reasons. First, it puts a lot of pressure to make people hurry up, even when they might be busy or unmotivated. Secondly, it slows down posting by bypassing the days in which people can post, only to make them the one under pressure at a later date. So basically, it is creating a situation where the spontaneousness of the situation is gone. People can't always post just because they feel like posting. This essentially means that we have an obstacle to fun. We have a mechanism that makes people feel like they have to do something on a regular basis.

With the problem laid out, I now want to propose my solution. Chokepoints are a natural part of RPs, so we can't just get rid of them. However, we can choose to approach them differently. In shooting games, people overcome chokepoints by going in as a team. In RPs, I think we can use a similar solution. Whenever our characters are going to be put in situations where they can lock each other up, I think we need to have a plan to get through the chokepoint quickly. If we communicate what sort of schedule we are operating under, we can try to make space to open up a google doc, and just write through the situation.

Does this sound feasible?
Sounds good to me! I'll be trying to get a post up tonight, sorry for the wait.

Okay, it's getting late for me but I refuse to keep holding things up, so I'm doing a short post so you can at least move forward.

I'm sorry I haven't been motivated to help keep things rolling, real life stuff been stressing me. But it should be better now, and I want to keep this going!

• Love
Okay, it's getting late for me but I refuse to keep holding things up, so I'm doing a short post so you can at least move forward.

I'm sorry I haven't been motivated to help keep things rolling, real life stuff been stressing me. But it should be better now, and I want to keep this going!
Even little things help. Let me know how you do on your tests.

I failed my driving test, and I won't get the results back for other for a while, although I think it went okay.
Did you fail the practical exam or the written exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.