Military Misadventures

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Lily smiled up at Le with a taunting and triumphant grin. "It was just a nibble. Besides, I don't see you stopping me."she replied without skipping a beat. Kohana growled at her and then wondered. What would happen if she shifted right now? Either the rope would tighten around her legs suddenly and threatened to snap the bone, or she'd be free. There was risk to her decision, but she decided to take it anyways. She shifted suddenly. The rope didn't tighten in time and Kohana landed before Lily as a giant white pelted canine.

Lily spat angrily and took a step back, but Kohana took a small step forwards in a lowered body position. Her teeth were bared with her ears angled backwards, fur bristled. She clearly wasn't happy to receive a bite, or be slapped those few times. Also, being that vulnerable and humilated had further angered her, so her temper had spiked.

Leo released Lea when he saw Kohana get free, leaning back in the tree as if he had never done anything to hinder Lea. "Oh, looks like your wolfy pal got herself free so my work is done here."he replied, glad because he didn't want to be bitten by another angry vampire.

"F*** you," Lea snarled at Lily, seeing the taunting grin and hating it. At that moment she wanted to hurt the vampire so bad. She hated it when people mocked her like that! She was so going to get back at her! She turned toward Leo, a predatory look in her eyes, as if she wanted to snap at him for holding her back like that.

Cool it Lea, he's not the one you want! The imaginary voice in her mind was urgent. She let out a huff before turning away from Leo and jumping down from the tree, heading toward Lily. "I told you not to, I get really pissed when people don't listen to my very reasonable orders..." Her hands were up, claws facing the vampire, threatening to strike.

"Time to go, Aya," Lahk said before her grabbed her under his arm like a parcel and landed on the branch next to Leo.

"Dagnabit Lahk!" Aya complained, huffing even as she dangled from his arm. "I hate being carried like that- oh hey Leo!" She grinned and waved at him.​

Lily only laughed at Lea, hardly heeding the claws being shown in her face. She was a veteran soldier and believed she had little reason to worry much over an angry rookie. She did take a small step back however when the giant she wolf took another forwards stride. Lily pretended not to care much, giving Lea an almost indifferent look. "I just gave your girlfriend here a little nibble is all."she replied nonchalantly.

Kohana was quick to take her human form again so she could speak. "Girlfriend? As if."she snorted angrily, wishing she had her sword right about now. She would never associate with a bloodsucker in that manner. Sure Lea was a more attractive member of the bloodsucker race, Kohana wanted little to do with the species. Kohana had more dignity than to stoop to the level of some nosy vampire. She offered a low growl.

Lily just rolled her eyes at the werewolf. "I'm done with this pathetic game. leo, you know what to do."she said, looking down at her own set of sharp nails. Leo offered a hello to Aya and Lahk before he jumped down from the tree and walked over tot he bushes. He returned with a soccer ball under his arm and a playing card and hand. "Ta da! Look rookies, I bare gifts for your rather feeble yet very amusing efforts."he said merrily. Abby giggled and approached Leo, taking the soccer ball and thanking the silly werelion with a pat atop his head of curly golden hair. She then returned to Mark and showed him the prize, their ticket to being done. Leo walked up to Lea and held out the queen of hearts playing card. "And a present for you too, miss,"he said with a smile.

Lea huffed. She wasn't that bad girlfriend material! She was still rather pissed off at Lily, however. The scent of blood was stuck in her nose and she wished there was some she could drink. "Dammit all," she muttered, kicking at rock, sending it flying against a tree trunk before lifting her rude finger up at Lily. She didn't think she'd be too friendly with her for a bit, which was a shame, since her partner was rather nice.

She looked over at him, slightly disgruntled when she saw him returning with their items. "Yeah, yeah, I'm still gonna bite you Leo, just wait for it." She wasn't too pissed off at him, she just hated losing, and this felt somewhat like a loss to her. She took the card and looked at it for a moment. Huh, it was almost ironic. She held it out for Kohana to take, just in case she wanted it.

"We can go now Lahk!" Aya said to the avian. He nodded before heading back down and setting Aya on her feet. She trotted over to Kohana and gave a sheepish grin. "Ah... sorry about all the trouble..." She hadn't know Lily would smack her around and bite her.​

Kohana was now just really bitter about vampires since there were two wild bloodsuckers too many in her life now. She watched Lea flip Lily off, crossing her arms and seeming indifferent now. Her jaw was set and her expression was icy. She kept her posture rigid too, completing her pissed off appearance. She was still damp too from that water, hair completely straightened out and resting against her face. She watched Leo deliver the items they were to retrieve, glad that at least these dumb trials were over with now.

Kohana watched Aya approach and heard her apology. "It's fine. You didn't do anything."she replied curtly before glaring at Lily. Lily just seemed amused with her work, a pleasant smile on her face. Leo took his place at her side. "Well, tah tah now, rookies."she said with a loose wave before stalking off. Leo followed at her heels after he offered a friendly goodbye to them all.

Mark and Abby took to approaching Lea and Kohana, mindful of the dark mood both seemed to be in now. Abby held up the soccer ball with a look of triumph. Kohana paid little notice to the card that lea had offered her.

Aya looked a wee bit sorry before she gave a small wave. "Ah... see y'all laters!" She then slung her arm through Lahk's and quickly dragged him off, following after Lily and Leo. She hoped the rookies wouldn't be too ticked off by them! She hated this part of their initiation, but she figured they weren't as horrible as how it had been when she was a newbie!

Lea blinked a little before shrugging and stuffing the card in her pocket. She'd thought maybe Kohana might've felt a little friendlier toward her, seeing she'd tried to help her out, but she figured she'd guessed wrong. She then looked to Abby and gave a grin, seeing she had the soccer ball. Well, at least they got their items, that meant they could stay! "So, guess we gotta go back now that we got our objects?" She said, looking to the other three. She didn't see any more reason to stay in the forest, especially if other veterans were still there. What if they tried to ruin things for them again, even stealing their objects?​

Last edited:
"Yes. Let's leave."Kohana agreed, voice as icy as her expression. She was mostly pissed off at Lily, but these whole trials had been humiliating and frustrating. Kohana wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep. She couldn't wait for the real training that would take place the next morning.

Kohana shifted wolf and began to run back towards the camp, wanting to leave the forest. She loved the forest, but not when it was filled with traps and veterans ready to torture everyone. Mark shifted and Abby climbed atop his back, soccer ball in hand. Mark waited for Lea to climb up onto his back as well before he ran back to camp.

Eventually they all made it back to their cabin. Mark shifted human after the two ladies were off and headed inside. One of the instructors, the vampire one, was waiting for the rookies to present her with their items. Kohana was currently trying to explain that her partner had it.

"Oh, so you left your assigned partner?"the instructor challenged, standing tall with her arms crossed. Kohana was about to answer when she saw the others enter and hoped Lea would take over and show that she had the object.

"Wait- eh, never mind." Lea huffed as Kohana ran ahead. She finally shrugged before climbing up onto Mark's back behind Abby, holding on once more but not too tightly. She was no longer worried about looking around; she had what she needed and it was safe and sound inside of her pocket.

Well that was sure as hell not fun, she thought to herself, sticking out her bottom lip as she pouted to herself.

You're in the army now, it wasn't meant to be fun, the voice in her head retorted. Better get used to this because it will only get harder from here.

Lea shook her head, wishing the damn voice would be on her side for once, but of course that would never happen. She finally slid off Mark's back and stretched slightly before heading into the cabin, just in time to see Kohana with the instructor. She had half a mind to say that she was indeed left alone but finally decided to give the werewolf a break.

"Right here, sorry was just outside," Lea called as she walked over, pulling the card out of her pocket. "Here ya go." She held the card out for the instructor to take.​

The instructor took the card and looked it over, seeing that it was the right object for the partner group. "Alright, good job. You two have succeeded in your trials."she said, voice only portraying a scrap of praise as she looked to the two. She seemed to be one of the harsher teachers, not showing whether she was truly pleased with their work or not. "I suggest that you get some rest. Tomorrow is your first day of hell."she replied, voice like silk. She walked over and gave the treatment to Mark and Abby, taking the soccer ball. Then she left the cabin.

The people inside waited for her to retreat before releasing their cheers. They stood up and approached the group of four. Leo placed a hand on Lea and Kohana's shoulders, standing behind them so his head was in between theirs. "You guys are the first group back with the correct objects."he said, seeming pretty happy. The other veterans seemed pleased too, as they would earn recognition for the good work done by their newest recruits. Abby seemed happy, high fiving people when offered. Kohana managed a small smile, anger slipping away for now to be replaced with self pride over their accomplishment.

Soon the crowd dispersed, the veterans retreating to their beds to lounge, talk, or sharpen weapons. Kohana made her way to her bed and finally slipped off her chest plate, reliving herself from the slight weight. She stored it away in her locker along with her sword. Then she sat on her bed, back against the wall. Abby stood by Lea and Kohana's bunk, probably wanting to stay with them. Mark, however, sat in his bed.

"Thanks," Lea called as the instructor left. Hell, huh? Well as long as she didn't have to go scurrying through the forest finding objects, she reckoned she she'd be fine. She rubbed the back of her neck a moment before looking to Leo. "Eh, really?" Well, that kinda made her happy, she even grinned a little at that. "Hell yeah, we're awesome, that's why!" She smirked a little, nudging her head against his. "Hope your nose's fine, bud."

Once the crowd had dispersed, Lea yawned a little. Sure she was a night creature, but she was feeling tired from all the travelling from previous days as well as the adventure in the forest. She headed over to the bunk bed, mussing Abby's hair a little before climbing up on her bed. She pulled offer her boots before taking off her vest. Putting them at the foot of her bed, she then lay on her stomach, peering down at the two others as he had earlier, a grin on her face.

"So, how hard d'you guys think it's gonna be tomorrow?" she asked.​

Kohana took to laying down, knees towards her chest and face towards the wall. Her back was to Leo and Abby, but she was far from unresponsive. She was still attentive and listening to the others, mindful of the people around her. She was pretty tired from her endeavors today as well as the last few days she had spent trekking through the forest. Kohana was glad for a bed, but things were a little odd when she wasn't at least in the forest. For a moment she closed her eyes and imagined she was back in her den listening to the crackling of a cook fire outside and the hooting of an owl in the darkness. She'd be curled up upon animal pelts beside her brother, snout resting near his chocolate brown pelt. When she opened her eyes she was back to the squadron cabin in the military, the sounds of conversing around her and the smell of clean bedsheets in her nostrils instead. She sighed wistfully, hoping the next day went better.

Leo wasted no time in crawling up into Lea's bed with her, sitting at the end with his legs crossed. Then he suddenly took the form of a golden pelted lion with a wild mane, still sitting neatly. He was about as big as Kohana in her wolf form, so he was pretty large. Abby watched Leo shifted, seeming a bit in awe over the man's feline form. Abby knew she couldn't fit on the bed with the others in her current form, but instead took the form of hawk and landed on the bedpost. Lily looked over from her bunk and snorted at the group. "Then Lea became surrounded by silly animals."she commented, looking down to a book she was reading.

To answer Lea's question, Leo said, "I think you rookies are going to have an awesome time learning the ropes. You'll probably be tortured though since that usually happens to newbs." His voice was the same as it was in his human form, which was sort of odd coming from a big lion's jaws.

Lea saw Kohana's back was to the rest of the world. She let out a slight huff before scratching at her head. Was she still pissed about Lily? She could understand that, she supposed; she was still pissed off too. She had hoped though that maybe something would have made the werewolf not feel too cold toward her?

You know you're not the easiest to deal with, her brother's voice chided her. Why do you care so much anyway?

Blah, shut up, you know nothing, Lea replied grumpily. She just wanted to be the most awesome team in their squadron, but could she if her partner wouldn't even talk to her?

She sat up on her knees when Leo came up on the bed. She was about to tell him off when he shifted. Her eyes widened a little before she grinned, fangs showing involuntarily as she reached over and put a hand on his mane, petting it a little. She liked cat, after all, often comparing herself to a cat rather than a bat as most people did with vampire. Her mood was further elevated when she saw Abby had joined them. She hardly cared for Lily's opinion.

"I wouldn't call 'em silly," she replied before paying attention to Leo, a little impressed at how he could still talk in this form. "Ah man... that's what y'all keep saying. Is it really that bad though? Like... d'you think we're gonna be crying in our pillows at night? That's a question by the way."​

Leo leaned into Lea's hand, releasing a low rumbling sound alike to a purr. His feline tail flicked back and forth, its tip tufted with the same wild fur that adorned his head. He took to laying down as best as he could with lea still on the bed, leaning his side up against the wall. When fully stretched out he would be the length of the twin sized bed, but he kept his legs and paws close to his body for now. "Hmmm...well, that is possible. Sometimes you can get really frustrated from being yelled at by the instructors. Crying is natural though, don't feel bad if you need a good bout of tears to relieve some tension. After all, you could always curl up with my fluffy self and feel better real fast."Leo replied, seeming mildly serious in his answer until he offered his amusing suggestion.

Kohana was listening to the conversation. She believed that she was tough enough not to crack under pressure. If anything, she'd be pissed at the instructor instead of embarrassed or upset. That would probably get her into trouble since she would stand by her opinion even if it meant she was hated for it. Sure she knew she had to respect her superiors, but she wouldn't respect them if they didn't respect her. She believed in a healthy relationship between leader and follower since alphas in wolf packs were supposed to keep authority, but also care about their followers. So if any leader disrespected Kohana, she would do the same right back no matter the consequences.

Lea continued petting the big lion, even digging her fingers further into his mane to gently scratch under his chin, smiling a little when he started to purr. She couldn't help lean a little more against him; he was nice and warm. Plus he was friendly, just like Abby. So he messed around with her in the forest... she'd be taking care of that soon enough, but for the time being, she was going to relax. "I hate being yelled at," she said aloud. "It pisses me off... but it makes me wanna be more of a nuisance." She grinned a little before smirking. "I'll resist though, partner!" She didn't want to hear a lecture from the werewolf. She didn't want to get kicked out of here. Not for a while anyway.

She looked back to Leo and gave a little wink. "Maybe I will... or rather, I sure will. You're a nice cuddly teddy bear, aren't ya?" She grinned slightly before leaning close and grabbing one of his ears in her mouth, giving a small bite before letting go and smirking in his face. "Told you I'd bite, didn't I?" She snickered slightly as she stretched out, laying down on her back and staring up at the ceiling, reached a hand out toward Abby. "I won't bite you though, you're too cute."

Kohana paid little notice to Lea's words, just offering a lazy snort. She was done with antics for the day and didn't have the energy to respond. Kohana didn't feel like making any remarks about how she had no choice but to stay in line, since that would warrant further conversing. Kohana sort of just wanted to curl up and sleep pretty soon. For now though, she decided just to stay awake and leave herself to her thoughts. She analyzed what had happened today, especially about what the instructors had spoken of.

"You better behave."Leo replied with a low laugh like sound, noting Kohana's lack of a response. Leo couldn't blame the werewolf for being bitter about his partner, considering Lily had done more than she had been told to do. This was a dangerous realization since Leo knew his partner hated werewolves so there was likely to be more conflict. The last thing Leo wanted was conflict between the newbies and his partner since he liked the newbies. Leo flinched when bitten, offering a surprised grumble. "Hey! You little sneak."he replied, in good humor of course. It was just a little nibble so he wasn't one to complain.

Abby offered Lea's hand a light head butt with her little hawk head. Abby didn't have the ability to speak in this form like Leo could, but she could manage some telepathy to compensate. Yay!I'm glad I'm safe from vampire nibbles.she commented.

"I can't make any promises, at least not about behaving in front of you guys." Lea smirked a little, though she was a little miffed that Kohana didn't reply. Well, she reckoned maybe she was just tired or something. Well, at least Leo and Abby where there and happy to listen to her. She couldn't please everyone, but at least some were nice. She was a bit of an attention seeker however, and the fact that she was somewhat ignored didn't roll too well with her.

"Yep you are," Lea agreed, looking to Abby for a second, chuckling a little as she brought her hand back, placing it over her stomach. "And yeah, I'mma sneak, Leo." She smirked. One of the best in her opinion. Her brother might disagree, but she was pretty much a good assassin, liking the shadows when it was time to work. Any other time, however, the spotlight was her good ol' pal.

"Well... I s'pose we better rest up, eh?" Lea stretched out slightly before putting her arms under her head, closing her eyes for a moment. "I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to wake the newbies up at the wrong time." She wasn't putting anything beyond the instructors.​

"See? You're already learning that as a whole, everyone hates newbies. Sleep well."Leo replied, leaping down from the top bunk. He landed lightly on his large paws before shifting human, offering a loose wave to Lea. He headed over to where Lily was. He offered the vampire a goodnight before climbing up into the top bunk. He yawned and stretched lazily before pulling his shirt off and sliding under the covers. His shoes dropped to the floor shortly after with a light thump. Lily pushed them under her bed lazily, this being their known routine. It seemed others were preparing for bed too, returning from the bath house or sliding into bed. Their curfew was approaching and they didn't want to be caught out and about when the time came.

Abby flew over to her bed which was also the top bunk, and landed. Then she shifted and waved to Lea. "Goodnight!"she said merrily. Mark stood up from where he had retreated to the bottom bunk, wishing Abby a good night. Then he carefully unlaced his boots and removed the leather vest he was wearing, resting it neatly on the ground under his bed. Abby just took her shoes off and burrowed under her blankets. It wasn't cold, but she found them to be comforting.

Kohana kicked her boots onto the floor, just donning her tank top and pants for now. Her sword, satchel, and chest plate were stored away safely in her locker. She didn't bother with the covers, bringing her knees towards her chest and resting an arm under her pillow. She didn't sleep stretched out since even in her human form she curled up to a degree.

((Blah sorry I thought I answered here x.x the computer crashed before the answer went through.))

"Man, you make it sound so nice an' warm an' cozy here," Lea told Leo as she turned on her belly to watch Leo go down. She waved a hand at him though she continued watching him stretch out and pull off his shirt. Sure, she was into girls, but Lea was an admirer of beauty, or she liked to think of herself as one. She smirked slightly, remembering how she got him with the bite on his ear.

She then looked over to Abby and grinned. "Night night Abby, Mark," she called before she looked down at Kohana, giving a grin. "Night partner!" She didn't wait for a reply; well, in all honestly, she didn't really expect one anyway. She turned back onto her back and then to her side, facing the wall as she pulled her blanket over herself. If she had one, she was definitely going to use it.

Her mind started wandering as she started thinking back over the events of the day. So far it seemed rather interesting, fun almost, though she knew she had to keep an eye out for quite a few people. She wondered how her brother was doing. He was always watching over her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid, yet she felt she was watching him as well. She wouldn't admit that she missed him, but she was sure it would come out sometime soon.

A couple of minutes later, Aya and Lahk entered the cabin, hurrying to their bunk bed. "Night," Aya called in a loud whisper before she practically pounced into her bed, wiggling about until she was comfortable. Lahk was much more calm about it, climbing up in a dignified manner before removing his boots and shirt. He lay on his side as usual, not wanting to hurt his wings.​

(That's fine. Consider us equal considering the amount of times I've accidentally left you hanging for extended periods of time. )

In the morning, a loud bell at the center of camp sounded and soldiers began to rouse to its loud clanging. Fergus hadn't been lying when he said that breakfast was at 5 o'clock sharp. Kohana was confused when she woke up initially, almost forgetting where she was. She remembered and allowed a light groan. Other new soldiers also seemed a bit dismayed by the early hour, but the veterans were already up, getting ready, and making their beds. They made sure to talk to each other to try to rouse any sleepers that somehow hadn't heard the bell.

Kohana sat up and began to idly fix her hair, yawning. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up, straightening out her clothing, She had been on morning hunting trips and patrols so she was familiar with these hours, though she was far from happy. She opened her locker and pulled out her chest plate, sliding it on. She then refastened her shadow cat skin cape. Finally she pulled steel kiss out in its sheath and situated the sheath's strap over her shoulder. Mark was dressed and ready, his axe at his back. Abby soon followed suit after making her bed, seeming to have plenty of energy at this hour. She was all dressed and ready, her bow at her back and pouch of arrows at her belt.

((Nice new avatar xD))

Lea woke up from the sound of the loud clanging and immediately clamped her hands over her ears. This was just a recipe for a huge headache along with a grumpy mood. She was a vampire but dammit she liked her sleep, especially when she hadn't had much of it in the last couple of days. She huffed as she sat up, rubbing her eyes a little before she looked around, seeing there were so many others as well. Hm... maybe she should sleep with her dagger by her side. Who knew when someone would strike?

"Wakey wakey!" Aya called from her bed, sounding way too cheerful for the morning. Lea looked her way and glared, but the tiger shifter wasn't even looking at anyone in particular as she fixed her bed. Sighing, Lea pushed her hair back before pulling on her boots and then putting her daggers in their secret places on her clothes. She next grabbed her bow and quiver of arrows, slinging them on her back before finally hopping down from her bed, landing on the ground quite lightly.

"Morning, partner," she greeted with a smile. It was took early to grin.​